Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Why did Sunak reappoint Raab? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,267

Humble pie from scott adams

The anti-vaxxers clearly won, you're the winners!" Scott Adams is now worried what is going to happen in 5 years time. So much for all his fancy analytics.

https://twitter.com/wolsned/status/1617061740759359488?s=20&t=7tgCYXhxrSGjW9O7N839fw

Will you make 10 posts? What are the odds?
  • Options

I just do not understand the minds of these anti vaxxers, who here are they convincing?

It is important to get the vaccine rollout halted...the vaccinated have made their bed now
  • Options

The anti-vaxxers clearly won, you're the winners!" Scott Adams is now worried what is going to happen in 5 years time. So much for all his fancy analytics.

https://twitter.com/wolsned/status/1617061740759359488?s=20&t=7tgCYXhxrSGjW9O7N839fw

Done it mate
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,230
    Leon said:

I’m actually going to make a formal request to the moderators that we introduce some kind of minimum IQ threshold for commenters. I don’t see how this retarded, mortifying, intellectually 20-watt drooling from the likes of @DougSeal and @RochdalePioneers benefits the site

It’s like you’re playing a nice game of football with your mates, in the park, then a sort of dwarvish gibbon runs on to the pitch and tries to eat the ball. It’s embarrassing for Doug and Rochdale, as much as anything else

Can't be much of a holiday if you need this much attention.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,361
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

DougSeal said:

“Britain Is Much Worse Off Than It Understands

Things weren’t nearly this bad in the 1970s—but the country’s leaders haven't grasped that yet.” (£)

https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/02/03/britain-worse-off-1970s/

That article offers a pretty damning summary of our position:

"The gap between the U.K.’s reality as portrayed by the dominant narrative of its economy’s performance and real life as experienced by its average citizen has widened to the breaking point."
    "Average U.K. real wages are now lower than 18 years ago, which is unprecedented in the country’s peacetime economic history."
    "the country has the most limited welfare state of any developed country, including the United States"
    "today’s young Britons face paying far more in tax than they will ever receive back in terms of pensions and other benefits."
    "Excess deaths have risen while Britain is the only country in Europe suffering from declining life expectancy."
    "The U.K. is also running a large, structural trade deficit."
    "business investment is running at the lowest level in the G-7."
    "The United Kingdom remains one of the most unequal developed countries to this day, according to the Equality Trust."
    " there is an abiding belief that the U.K. must be performing well because it is run how an economy should be run according to the dominant narrative"
    "This encourages denial about the scale of the country’s underperformance or a tendency to scapegoat others for it—be it the poor for being lazy or immigrants for consuming public services and scarce housing."
    Real wages are certainly not lower than in 2004, and we do not have a more limited welfare state than the USA.

When people make baseless assertions, it undermines any point they’re trying to make.
    I think we're in deep shit, but some of those claims just don't seem right.

Granted they are asserting that people thinking it cannot be that bad when it is is part of the problem, but some of those are very specific measurable claims which I think are likely to be contestable.
    Big Picture vs Small Picture.

You can have specific claims that are true in themselves, but which aren't an accurate reflection of the overall reality. Leon's thing about life expectancy changes across Europe in 2020-1 is presumably correct, but it don't change the big picture that life expectancy has been going the wrong way in the UK recently and that generally hasn't been happening in other parts of the continent.
    But that just makes the point about being more careful about specific claims which are NOT true (or at least arguable), since including them is not necessary and will just allow the point to be undermined.

We see this in politics all the time of course. Take Boris - there's loads to criticise him about, yet plenty of people will still somehow be able to find things he didn't say or do and use that instead.
    Yes, it's a weird phenomenon. And completely self-sabotaging. When you have several persuasive facts on your side, make up shit instead. Why??

Fact is, the UK is in a bit of a pickle, and we are - on several important metrics - being outpaced by our competitors. If the author of that original Foreign Policy piece had stuck to that sober analysis, then who could argue? And his essay would have been impactful and useful

But because - I suspect - he is a bit of a mad Remoaner he had to include some insane claims - "Britain has the only declining life expectancy in Europe", "America has a more generous welfare state than the UK" etc etc, which are so howlingly obviously wrong they would only be believed by a clueless fools like @DougSeal, or @RochdalePioneers -and these nitwits are not the demographic you want to persuade. You should be aiming higher up the intellectual scale

Ah well. Enuff

Tis gin o'clock in the Kok. And away...
  • Options

I just do not understand the minds of these anti vaxxers, who here are they convincing?

It is important to get the vaccine rollout halted...the vaccinated have made their bed now
    So you might make ten posts after all. Shame.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,658

pilot suffers cardiac arrest six minutes after landing a flight with 200 passengers on board

https://twitter.com/PTRUMPFORTX2020/status/1620641965019889664?s=20&t=7tgCYXhxrSGjW9O7N839fw

That’s why there’s a co-pilot.
    I think it is a rule that one of the pilots is not vaccinated just in case.
  • Options
    By the way i come here with love in my heart and to inform and educate
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,846
    Sean_F said:

DougSeal said:

Things weren’t nearly this bad in the 1970s—but the country’s leaders haven't grasped that yet.” (£)

GDP per head is more than twice what it was in 1979.

Well not that impressive frankly as every 1000£ of gdp per head in 1979 should be worth £4,337 per head now so a mere doubling of the figure indicates that gdp per head is in fact a 50% decrease
  • Options

Done it mate
    Sorry to tell you this but you won't get much further.
  • Options
    Tres said:

Leon said:

I’m actually going to make a formal request to the moderators that we introduce some kind of minimum IQ threshold for commenters. I don’t see how this retarded, mortifying, intellectually 20-watt drooling from the likes of @DougSeal and @RochdalePioneers benefits the site

It’s like you’re playing a nice game of football with your mates, in the park, then a sort of dwarvish gibbon runs on to the pitch and tries to eat the ball. It’s embarrassing for Doug and Rochdale, as much as anything else

Leon is one of the best posters on here
  • Options

Done it mate
    Well done, now f*ck off!
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,683
    Absolutely right that Corbyn is a deeply arrogant man. A toxic combination of arrogant and sanctimonious, as well as humourless and factional. And thick.

Such a relief he’s no longer relevant. I look forward to the time we can say the same about his right wing alter ego Lord Frost. Cut from very similar arrogant ideological cloth.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Done it mate
    Maybe i get to 2nd base mate
  • Options
    My hope for the next decade is that we go back to proper sensible centrist politics.

We need PR to ensure this happens though.
  • Options
    Interesting itv report yesterday on ukraine war. Clearly ukraine is struggling round Bakhmut now...maybe a few extra tanks will turn the war
  • Options
    is impossible for Ukraine to emerge victorious from this war – Die Welt AFU is running out of people, the enemy adapts better and has a huge amount of supplies, so Ukraine's victory is becoming less likely every day.

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1621074744467660800?s=20&t=7tgCYXhxrSGjW9O7N839fw
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,859
    TimS said:

Absolutely right that Corbyn is a deeply arrogant man. A toxic combination of arrogant and sanctimonious, as well as humourless and factional. And thick.

Such a relief he’s no longer relevant. I look forward to the time we can say the same about his right wing alter ego Lord Frost. Cut from very similar arrogant ideological cloth.

Well, he at least showed humour for one brief moment in fairness

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,049
    edited February 2023
    How bad a position is the economy in? Hard to say but if it is as bad as Mr Tilford thinks it's clearly about a lot more than rejoining the single market.

The second part of the argument, that we don't understand how badly off we are, is rather contradicted by the 17m people voting for Brexit.
  • Options
    Dont you think its time pbs changed their mind on the war and looked at a peace deal
  • Options

My hope for the next decade is that we go back to proper sensible centrist politics.

Fan as I am of sensible centrist politics and of PR (with certain caveats), I think there are issues with assuming a particular voting system would necessarily ensure specific outcomes.

It's like how people who want a properly cofidied constitution, for all sorts of sensible reasons, also quite unsensibly like to claim it would solve all manner of problems or prevent certain things which a codified constitution would in no way prevent, like legal wrangling over the meaning of statutes.
  • Options
    Horrible situation in ukraine 150000 good ukrainians killed as zelensky sends them to their death while he pontificates on the world stage and his wife shops
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Fan as I am of sensible centrist politics and of PR (with certain caveats), I think there are issues with assuming a particular voting system would necessarily ensure specific outcomes.

It's like how people who want a properly cofidied constitution, for all sorts of sensible reasons, also quite unsensibly like to claim it would solve all manner of problems or prevent certain things which a codified constitution would in no way prevent, like legal wrangling over the meaning of statutes.
    If we had PR we'd have to have compromise and long-term thinking, that is clearly what this country needs right now.

The most stable this country has been for many a long day was 2010-2015 however much I hated that they did.
  • Options

How bad a position is the economy in? Hard to say but if it is as bad as Mr Tilford thinks it's clearly about a lot more than rejoining the single market.

Would probably help though.

I can only go by anecdote that in the last year a lot of people I know who have never been concerned with counting every penny have been doing so, turning off devices and closing doors to keep in heat etc. So it must be pretty bad I figure.
  • Options

The second part of the argument, that we don't understand how badly off we are, is rather contradicted by the 17m people voting for Brexit.

Russia forecast to outperform uk this year...unbelievable
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,177

The Foreign Policy piece I posted expressly says that the political elite are not aware how badly off the country is, not the whole country.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,053
    I don't know if anyone's linked to it already, but this interview with Julie Ioffe about Putin and the presidents is well worth an hour of anyone's time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEu0oRajJxE
  • Options

kle4 said:

If we had PR we'd have to have compromise and long-term thinking, that is clearly what this country needs right now.

The most stable this country has been for many a long day was 2010-2015 however much I hated that they did.
    Hoever pr would allow far right parties to rise
  • Options

Horrible situation in ukraine 150000 good ukrainians killed as zelensky sends them to their death while he pontificates on the world stage and his wife shops

At least they didn't use Russian covid vaccines or they'd probably have lost a whole lot more people. Helps to explain why they are fighting.

If I can offer some advice a bit more subtlety may be required on your part. Going straight from vaccines to Ukraine is a bit of a red flag.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,460
    kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

On topic. What a huge shock in Eagles polling graph. I almost feel like not believing it. There was a time when Raab was popular? 😯
  • Options

kjh said:

Done it mate
    Maybe i get to 2nd base mate
    Not with any girls you won't.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,018
    kle4 said:

TimS said:

To be fair to Corbyn his hero and (?) role model, Tony Benn was anti-EEC in1975. Caused quite a bit of soul-searching for yours truly!
  • Options
    Unfortunately the covid vax is leading to a rise in disabilities which will affect our economic performance going forward
  • Options
    edited February 2023

It's the laziness of these posts that get me. What's the point?

It's a marvellous example in some ways though. Zelensky is sending them to their deaths, eh? And, since you don't mention it, who is actually killing them?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,989
    The appropriate use of "mate" is a true sign of UK English fluency.
  • Options

It is err, halting, next week anyway?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-64496025
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

The appropriate use of "mate" is a true sign of UK English fluency.

Cor blimey guv, I didnae spot that un.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

It's a marvellous example in some ways though. Zelensky is sending them to their deaths, eh? And, since you don't mention it, who is actually killing them?
    Bit like the laziness of endlessly virtue signalling over ukraine mate whilst 150000 lose their lives. Isnt it time to put on your tin hat and go to the frontline whete you can do some good
  • Options
    Betting Post. equestrian performance sport involving two or more horses ridden by jockeys over a set distance for competition. 🐎

2:40 Wetherby - Ballygrifincottage

2:55 Sandown - Coquelicot

3:16 Musselburgh - Collingham

3:30 Sandown - Celebre D'Allen
  • Options

Mmm i wonder why that is pal
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,953
    The use of 'pal' is a new development I think? Onwards an upwards from 'mate'.
  • Options

Behold the most British person ever. Such precise usage of “mate” and “pal”. I’m left doubting my own nationality
  • Options
    ohnotnow said:

The use of 'pal' is a new development I think? Onwards an upwards from 'mate'.

If your really lucky i might call you love
  • Options

kle4 said:

Bit like the laziness of endlessly virtue signalling over ukraine mate whilst 150000 lose their lives. Isnt it time to put on your tin hat and go to the frontline whete you can do some good
    I don't know if things have changed but I believe the Ukrainians only want people with prior military experience. It appears thus far that they can afford to be choosy.
  • Options

Betting Post. equestrian performance sport involving two or more horses ridden by jockeys over a set distance for competition. 🐎

2:40 Wetherby - Ballygrifincottage

2:55 Sandown - Coquelicot

3:16 Musselburgh - Collingham

3:30 Sandown - Celebre D'Allen

I will cash out some of my Truss money and have a flutter
  • Options

kle4 said:

I don't know if things have changed but I believe the Ukrainians only want people with prior military experience. It appears thus far that they can afford to be choosy.
    Have you seen the videos of old men dragged out of their houses mate...they are getting desperate...and im sure kle4 will be a good fighter
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,791
    edited February 2023

Seasonality, fam?
  • Options

Dont you think its time pbs changed their mind on the war and looked at a peace deal

Yes. I think it’s time Russia pulled back to its 2013 borders with Ukraine. Stop the invasion and surrender.

Mate,
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Behold the most British person ever. Such precise usage of “mate” and “pal”. I’m left doubting my own nationality
    Be proud to be british mate...rolled out a dodgy vaccine and about to be humiliated in the ukraine war
  • Options
    Tres said:

Leon said:

How often do I have to repeat this?

I AM NOT ON HOLIBOBS

I am knapping flints o'the morning, and in the evening I review bars and restaurants for the Gazette

In several minutes I am off to THE 24TH BEST BAR IN THE WORLD

https://www.tropiccitybkk.com/

,,,, for some free cocktails. I am afraid you must expect photos, of my "beta-cuck" lifestyle
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Aye, petal. 'appens you be reet 'bout that.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,018

kle4 said:

Have you seen the videos of old men dragged out of their houses mate...they are getting desperate...and im sure kle4 will be a good fighter
    Dad’s Army?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Tres said:

Leon said:

I AM NOT ON HOLIBOBS

I am knapping flints o'the morning, and in the evening I review bars and restaurants for the Gazette

,,,, for some free cocktails. I am afraid you must expect photos, of my "beta-cuck" lifestyle
    I thought you were at the gym?
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Be proud to be british mate...rolled out a dodgy vaccine and about to be humiliated in the ukraine war
    Are you from Brum?
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

Tres said:

Leon said:

I AM NOT ON HOLIBOBS

I was. Then I came back.

MAN COMES BACK FROM GYM

Shocking, I know. Have you thought of journalism as a career? You have a nose for a good story
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Yes. I think it’s time Russia pulled back to its 2013 borders with Ukraine. Stop the invasion and surrender.

Mate,
    Im sure Putin will oblige...meanwhile the grifter zelensky will be back with more demands for money soon
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,362
    Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

I’m on the Tramadol. 100mg. Slow release

So far so good. It is like very mild heroin

Take care. I hear it can be moreish.
    Indeed. But I’m not getting that sense of danger

I’ve done most drugs and this one is not going to enslave me (as things stand). I feel mellow, comfortable, slightly drowsy, affable. It’s like super mild Xanax plus a hit of gin. It’s not intense or euphoric
    I'm either on a homeopathic dose, or I'm resistant to the effects of Xanax. It's not having a massive effect on me.
  • Options

At least they didn't use Russian covid vaccines or they'd probably have lost a whole lot more people. Helps to explain why they are fighting.

If I can offer some advice a bit more subtlety may be required on your part. Going straight from vaccines to Ukraine is a bit of a red flag.
    Attempts at internet misinformation hits this blog like an iceberg hitting a martini - we are too damn shrewd, intelligent, switched on, full of SME’s, and above all we have an RCS who possesses the IP of every troll farm between here and alpha centuri and he’s probably even banned you (enlighten us how is Russia’s space programme these days - can you even afford spy balloons) already before I came round from my night out snooze in the bath.

If you think the hard time you are about to get is quite brutal, stick around and see what we do to each other.

BTW, how much do they pay you?
  • Options

kle4 said:

Hmmm I may be wrong but you are the one sounding a little desperate Martin. Are they really itching for a deal in Moscow? Anyway it's probably best that I stop engaging with you now.
  • Options

I don't know, reading the article, it could be because we have all had the vaccine.

How about your views on Trump for a bit of variety? Getting a bit bored with the Ukraine and vaccine stuff.
  • Options

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

I’ve done most drugs and this one is not going to enslave me (as things stand). I feel mellow, comfortable, slightly drowsy, affable. It’s like super mild Xanax plus a hit of gin. It’s not intense or euphoric
    I'm either on a homeopathic dose, or I'm resistant to the effects of Xanax. It's not having a massive effect on me.
    Xanax is superb. How much you on?

You can take up to 2mg no worries (apart from the hideous lifethreatening withdrawal, if you get addicted, which is all too easy - but hey: minor details)
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Mate,
    Im sure Putin will oblige...meanwhile the grifter zelensky will be back with more demands for money soon
    That was one of the WORST

PB needs to up its Russian bot game. We are getting the dregs now
    He’s just a smokescreen for the consummate professional DJ41.
  • Options

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

On topic. What a huge shock in Eagles polling graph. I almost feel like not believing it. There was a time when Raab was popular? 😯
    I am sure you can spin it in his favour.
  • Options
    Always on Saturdays isn’t it.
  • Options
    TimS said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Mate,
    That was one of the WORST

PB needs to up its Russian bot game. We are getting the dregs now
    He’s just a smokescreen for the consummate professional DJ41.
    Surely that's @Dura_Ace

• Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

Tres said:

Leon said:

I AM NOT ON HOLIBOBS

I was. Then I came back.

MAN COMES BACK FROM GYM

Shocking, I know. Have you thought of journalism as a career? You have a nose for a good story
    Someone covered it on YouTube already

https://youtu.be/5bbdy8tMlFw
  • Options
    TimS said:

Always on Saturdays isn’t it.

Yes. Must be training day for the interns in the Verkhoyansk bot-school
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,855
    edited February 2023

Sean_F said:

DougSeal said:

That article offers a pretty damning summary of our position:

"The gap between the U.K.’s reality as portrayed by the dominant narrative of its economy’s performance and real life as experienced by its average citizen has widened to the breaking point."
    "Average U.K. real wages are now lower than 18 years ago, which is unprecedented in the country’s peacetime economic history."
    "the country has the most limited welfare state of any developed country, including the United States"
    "today’s young Britons face paying far more in tax than they will ever receive back in terms of pensions and other benefits."
    "Excess deaths have risen while Britain is the only country in Europe suffering from declining life expectancy."
    "The U.K. is also running a large, structural trade deficit."
    "business investment is running at the lowest level in the G-7."
    "The United Kingdom remains one of the most unequal developed countries to this day, according to the Equality Trust."
    " there is an abiding belief that the U.K. must be performing well because it is run how an economy should be run according to the dominant narrative"
    "This encourages denial about the scale of the country’s underperformance or a tendency to scapegoat others for it—be it the poor for being lazy or immigrants for consuming public services and scarce housing."
    Real wages are certainly not lower than in 2004, and we do not have a more limited welfare state than the USA.

When people make baseless assertions, it undermines any point they’re trying to make.
    This is the data he's presenting (After 2 months, % of previous in-work income): https://data.oecd.org/benwage/benefits-in-unemployment-share-of-previous-income.htm
    On this metric the UK does particularly badly.

The real wage stat: the BBC say the UK matched the 2005 real wage peak in 2020. I'm sure the last years high inflation and relatively low wage growth has had some effect on this.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51543521

So no not baseless but as always the stats are chosen. Also I see you're not contesting the inequality, declining life expectancy and growing generational gap in state support.
    That BBC chart certainly doesn't show real wages lower (or equivalent) to their figure in 2004 or 2005. And real wages grew in 2020 and 2021, although they fell in 2022.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/933075/wage-growth-in-the-uk/

Making a claim about the welfare state, overall, based upon one measure, is intellectually dishonest. Being poor in the US is a good deal worse than it is in the UK (although the median standard of living is much higher).

I'd grant the inequality and generational unfairness, but I'd contest the falling life expectancy. Of course it dropped during the pandemic, but it rose slowly up till 2020.
  • Options
    Raab was at LMH while I was at Trinity. We went to the same graduation ceremony.
  • Options

Had a fourth dose recently in Ireland. This means I now have the triple-V special - two primary doses of AZ, a half-dose Moderna as my first booster, and the bivalent Pfizer booster that targets BA4 and BA5.

Thanks Science! Thanks responsible democratic governments in Britain and Ireland!
  • Options

Attempts at internet misinformation hits this blog like an iceberg hitting a martini - we are too damn shrewd, intelligent, switched on, full of SME’s, and above all we have an RCS who possesses the IP of every troll farm between here and alpha centuri and he’s probably even banned you (enlighten us how is Russia’s space programme these days - can you even afford spy balloons) already before I came round from my night out snooze in the bath.

If you think the hard time you are about to get is quite brutal, stick around and see what we do to each other.

I used to be on Mossad’s payroll to post on here but I found the CIA paid better.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,280

That'll be quite exciting (!) ... PB involved in the talks.

I'd nominate NigelB and Nick Palmer to bat for us. A hawk and a dove, and both mature types who won't be overmatched by tough devious little Putin.
  • Options

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

Do I detect a sly weekend cheerful cheekiness creeping into your bant today? Go on admit it. ☺️

For someone who posted so damn Adam Ant you are not even reading let alone replying to my thought provoking posts ever ever again, you sadly appear to be struggling.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,315
    kinabalu said:

I'd nominate NigelB and Nick Palmer to bat for us. A hawk and a dove, and both mature types who won't be overmatched by tough devious little Putin.
    Now come on. We want Hyufd.

Somebody who will never shift his position no matter what the reality of the situation is perfect for this, where the first requirement is not to concede any Ukrainian territory whatsoever and move straight on to the reparations.
  • Options
    Can we please have martingill unbanned? Someone needs to update us about the Lancaster Bomber which was found on the moon
  • Options

Your paymaster can have peace any time he wishes.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Can we please have martingill unbanned? Someone needs to update us about the Lancaster Bomber which was found on the moon

That bomber obviously had me as navigator.
  • Options

You moon people often?
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

I used to be on Mossad’s payroll to post on here but I found the CIA paid better.
    I spoke in glowing terms of Betty’s amazing Tea Rooms a few times before realising it was too obvious to survive long without ban hammer and I needed to be more subtle about it.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

You can take up to 2mg no worries (apart from the hideous lifethreatening withdrawal, if you get addicted, which is all too easy - but hey: minor details)
    That would explain it. I'm on the placebo-level dose of 0.25mg.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

Xanax is great but I got a prescription from a private consultant in about 2008 (GFC related stuff) but asked to come off it when I found myself internally justifying taking one to deal with the “anxiety” of getting on the train at Maze Hill.
  • Options
    Martin Gill banned?

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

I spoke in glowing terms of Betty’s amazing Tea Rooms a few times before realising it was too obvious to survive long without ban hammer and I needed to be more subtle about it.
    See what I just did 🤗

Anyway shush, we got to be quiet - dear Gf is about to watch Arsenal try to break down Everton’s 10 man defence.
    Loving the use of Decoure as Defensive Forward, he’ll be man of match playing that role I reckon.
  • Options

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

What was Raab doing in April 2020 that made him popular?

Almost every blow the Conservatives have suffered over the past 18 months has been self-inflicted, from MPs and ministers lining their pockets, to sexual assault, to bullying.
  • Options

Martin Gill banned?

Gill's post was distinctly fishy.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,989
    kinabalu said:

Malc for Ambassador to the UN.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

You moon people often?
    All the time. ;)

Which reminds me of a story: I was walking along the Pembrokeshire Path one March afternoon. Off the path to the left in the distance, amongst the grass and the heather, I saw what I thought was a bald head bobbing up and down. It looked a little odd, and as I approached long the path, it disappeared and was replaced, moments later, by two faces.
  • Options

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

Do I detect a sly weekend cheerful cheekiness creeping into your bant today? Go on admit it. ☺️

For someone who posted so damn Adam Ant you are not even reading let alone replying to my thought provoking posts ever ever again, you sadly appear to be struggling.
    I can manage the short posts. I am working on my comprehension skills for when it comes to reading your dissertations.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Martin Gill banned?

He should ROE back a little....
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,953
    Very off-topic, but their slogan made me smile : https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-64519500

"A waste collection firm in Brighton has been told by lawyers for the Lord of the Rings franchise to change its name.

Lord of the Bins collects household, building and office waste across East Sussex and West Sussex.

The company also claimed they were ordered to ditch their slogan, One Ring to Remove It All."

• Options
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

Almost every blow the Conservatives have suffered over the past 18 months has been self-inflicted, from MPs and ministers lining their pockets, to sexual assault, to bullying.
    He captained the ship of state while Johnson narrowly avoided death in hospital.

There's a Red Dwarf episode that involves a what-if scenario where JFK isn't assassinated, and ends up deeply unpopular, with hilarious consequences that might appeal particularly to those fond of a conspiracy theory or two.

Imagine what Johnson's reputation would have been had he succumbed to Covid in April 2020?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,984

Corrections and clarifications department hard at work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickSDickinson/status/1321779533389787137/photo/2
  • Options

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

He captained the ship of state while Johnson narrowly avoided death in hospital.

There's a Red Dwarf episode that involves a what-if scenario where JFK isn't assassinated, and ends up deeply unpopular, with hilarious consequences that might appeal particularly to those fond of a conspiracy theory or two.

Imagine what Johnson's reputation would have been had he succumbed to Covid in April 2020?
    Yep that was such an opportunity for him and he blew it.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Martin Gill banned?

He should ROE back a little....
    He was no Salmond.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

Unusual role reversal given normally he was the one getting blown.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

See what I just did 🤗

Anyway shush, we got to be quiet - dear Gf is about to watch Arsenal try to break down Everton’s 10 man defence.
    Loving the use of Decoure as Defensive Forward, he’ll be man of match playing that role I reckon.
    As an Arse-o-phile I fear a New Manager Bounce for Everton today.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kinabalu said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

TimS said:

Show-time.

Unusual role reversal given normally he was the one getting blown.
    I've trained my mind not to go there.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913

kjh said:

Scott_xP said:

Voting leave was sensible for lots of people and they did.

Which is why they are now delighted, and Brexit is more popular than ever.

Oh, wait...

Brexit is a disaster. It was not sensible to vote for disaster.
    I dont consider it a disaster that we could vaccinate at our own pace, dont have to share energy to keep the german chemcial industry going, are not on the hook for billions to pay of EU recovery programmes and can support Ukraine as we wish.

The benefit for Remain inclined people is we are not being fed the constant diet of EU fk ups and expected to pay for them. Mrs Merkel led the EU for and trashed it , the bills are still coming in.
    I must be living in a parallel universe.
    Thats the one in your head where you ignore whats happening around you.
    With all due respect I think you are one that's ignoring what's going on around you. Fortunately the numbers believing Brexit was a mistake keeps climbing month by month. I expect it to hit 70% by the end of this year.
This discussion has been closed.