Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Nikki Haley at 17/1 looks value for the WH2024 GOP nomination – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004

AlistairM said:

Hopefully with this and other commitments Ukraine will get a couple of hundred decent MBTs.

El Mundo reports that 🇪🇸Spain may send 53 Leopard 2 tanks to 🇺🇦Ukraine.
    https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1618274856168226816

speaks volumes about Britain's military capability that while London can only spare 14 (and that'll be an effort) Spain could offer almost quadruple that...
    We did it first which has, I believe, set off a chain reaction with Ukraine getting the Leopard. The issue with the C2 is not its capabilities but the fact it uses non-standard ammo. The Leopard was the best tank because there are thousands of them across Europe and logistically it would be much easier.

Having said that I think we might as well send far more C2s as I'm not sure what else we are going to be doing with them.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347

AlistairM said:

Hopefully with this and other commitments Ukraine will get a couple of hundred decent MBTs.

speaks volumes about Britain's military capability that while London can only spare 14 (and that'll be an effort) Spain could offer almost quadruple that...
    Im sure that Ukraine values Spain's contribution to helping Ukraine defend itself over the past 8 years far higher than the UK's contribution.
  • Options
    I do have to laugh at the Zahawi affair. Its open and shut. He has been fined - heavily - by HMRC for something he has repeatedly denied happened. He's then denied that HMRC were investigating him and threatened to sue people reporting these truths.

So the "wait for the investigation" line is guff and normals see it as that. He got slapped with both a big tax bill and a big fine. Those are facts. The endless pitiful denials are facts. The attempt to falsely claim libel to shut journalists up is fact. That as recently as last week he had the PM say "its been accounted for" in an appeal to move the story on is fact.

This would be very bad if he was a run of the mill politician. But in the midst of all this he was appointed Chancellor. And thus the ultimate boss of the tax authorities investigating the money that was only resting is his account. And he continued to deny it.

I have to ask our remaining Tory appeasers if there is any behaviour at all that they would condemn.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,987

AlistairM said:

Im sure that Ukraine values Spain's contribution to helping Ukraine defend itself over the past 8 years far higher than the UK's contribution.
    I'm sure Ukraine is grateful for all the help they are receiving from the UK, the US, Spain, and even the EU.

I'm also sure that they wish that we all did more.
  • Options
    Shamima Begum has turned down an offer to return the UK.

• Options

Shamima Begum has turned down an offer to return the UK.

Could be worse. The Scottish Government offer was to take the Aberdeen job...
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    TimS said:

Cyclefree said:

TimS said:

Has this been done yet? ChatGPT composes an "authentic" Burns night poem about PB.com

Ah'd like tae write ye a braw verse,
    aboot the online political curse.
    Fou web forums, aye day an' night,
    debates a-ragin, sic a sight!

Wi words sae hie, an' passions hot,
    thay mak thair case, an' clash a lot.
    But let us a' mind Burns' words true,
    "Man's tocherless, man's tocherless, man's tocherless,
    Let aa thir joys an' aa thir cares be!"

So let's raise a glass tae guid will,
    an' tak a step back frae the online thrill.

Nah!

Still prefer the original. It applies to PB as well.

"While Europe's eye is fix'd on mighty things,
    The fate of Empires and the fall of Kings;
    While quacks of State must each produce his plan,
    And even children lisp the Rights of Man;
    Amid this mighty fuss just let me mention,
    The Rights of Woman merit some attention.
    "
    We’ve just got a step closer to PB nirvana and managed to combine Scotland, AI and the trans debate in a single exchange. Just tidal power, woke, doctrinal pronouncements on the Church of England and Brexit to go.
    Interesting that your response to the Rights of Women is to mention the trans debate. As if women only matter in relation to a small sub-set of men......

Have we covered this?

Two or three Metropolitan Police officers are facing criminal court appearances every week, the commissioner revealed today, as he warned that lifting the lid on abusive predators would be “necessary and painful”.

Sir Mark Rowley said that officers were routinely in court over offences ranging from dishonesty to violence against women and girls, domestic abuse and sex offences.

He warned that the public should be prepared for more misconduct revelations in the coming months and that rooting out police predators would be long and painful.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/david-carrick-met-police-mark-rowley-commissioner-statement-w0bbzq3k9

As predicted by me on here a year ago.
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

The consensus including from the Guardian seems to be that Sunak came out of PMQs better than he could have hoped

Sunak's argument that Labour demanded he appointed an ethics advisor and he has now referred Zahawi to him for due process is a good argument and for Starmer as a former head of the CPS to demand resignation before due process is completed is a contradiction of his former role at the CPS
    If you’re going to have a process for such things, then the process needs to be followed.

There’s been nothing new in this story for about five days now, this is the Opposition and the media hoping that keeping it on the front pages forces the PM’s hand and gives them a scalp.

In due course, the independent enquiry will deliver a report to Downing St, and the PM will either support the minister or accept his resignation at that time.

Personal tax affairs of MPs have always been a private matter. In fact, there’s a special unit at HMRC that deals with MPs’ tax returns, presumably to stop them leaking out and to ensure that everything is done ‘correctly’.
    Given his behaviour over sending legal letters to anyone who reported what turned out to be facts tells you all about Zahawi and Sunak.
    Oh definitely. Lawyers are all scumbags, and the world would be a much better place without them.
    Don't be silly.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,816

BREAKING: Polls show the Tories are heading for their WORST RESULT since 1906.

🚨 | Vote%:

LAB: 47% (+15)
    CON: 26% (-18)
    LDM: 9% (-2)
    REFORM: 5% (+3)
    GRN: 5% (+3)
    SNP: 4% (=)
    UKIP: 3% (+3)

Seats:
    LAB: 390 (+188)
    CON: 150 (-215)
    SNP: 53 (+5)
    LDM: 31 (+20)
    GRN: 1 (=)

Changes w/GE2019

https://twitter.com/POLITlCSUK/status/1617969926538493961

Point of order.
    As the Tories got 156 seats in 1906, a result of 150 seats would be worse than 1906. It would be their worst result since [checks elections]...

It would be their worst result.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377
    AlistairM said:

AlistairM said:

We did it first which has, I believe, set off a chain reaction with Ukraine getting the Leopard. The issue with the C2 is not its capabilities but the fact it uses non-standard ammo. The Leopard was the best tank because there are thousands of them across Europe and logistically it would be much easier.

Having said that I think we might as well send far more C2s as I'm not sure what else we are going to be doing with them.
    The problem was that the UK military went down the airmobile rabbit hole. Tanks were out. Also artillery.

The fact that you can't actually deploy, by air, more than some tin cans that might stop a 23mm on a good day by air - ignore that. The fact that you can't resupply a force of any size by air, without asking the Americans to send a ludicrous percentage of their transport capability - ignore.

Add in some "Unique requirements" bullshit and stir.

We then end up with AJAX - a design that weighs more than Russian tanks - as a fighting vehicle. Not a a tank. Apart from not working, it is definitely not airmobile.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995

🚨 | Vote%:

Seats:

Changes w/GE2019

Tories alone on just 26% but Conservatives plus RefUK plus UKIP on 34%.

Do you really think RefUK and UKIP will get 8% combined?
  • Options
    AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov: Latest Westminster voting intention (18-19 Jan)

Con: 26% (+1 from 10-11 Jan)
    Lab: 48% (+1)
    Lib Dem: 8% (-1)
    Reform… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1618270115820339202

Does anyone talk about swingback these days or is that very 8 years ago?
    All very Rod Crosby indeed.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    AlistairM said:

Abrams coming.

‼️The 🇺🇸USA will send 31 Abrams tanks to 🇺🇦Ukraine for $400 million, reports Bloomberg.
    https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1618273669868064775

The mind is a funny thing. When I saw "US to send Abrams" on Breaking my first thought (seriously) was Yeah, Stacey'll sort it out.
  • Options
    Calls to suspend covid 19 vaccines in South Africa because of safety concerns hits mainstream news

https://twitter.com/DrAseemMalhotra/status/1618204753271611394?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow

Awaiting a ban from rcs in 3..2...1 for shedding dangerous misinformation.....we cannot expose the weak minds on here to dangerous misinformation lol
  • Options
    ok look heres Matt Hancock being harrassed on the london underground

https://twitter.com/OlooneyJohn/status/1617926654369890304?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow

streets wont be safe for matty boy soon
  • Options
    extraordinary scenes from the antivax protest outside the bbc on saturday

https://twitter.com/beverleyturner/status/1617579929776062468?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow
  • Options
    Vivpeters said:

https://twitter.com/beverleyturner/status/1617579929776062468?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow

Fail. 0/10
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

AlistairM said:

I'm sure Ukraine is grateful for all the help they are receiving from the UK, the US, Spain, and even the EU.

I'm also sure that they wish that we all did more.
    CASUALTIES — The BBC estimates that at most 20,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in the last 11 months.

Col. Douglas Macgregor says 157,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed in the last 11 months, presumably from US intelligence sources.

This is an 8 to 1 ratio.

if this what you want rcs

https://twitter.com/GonzaloLira1968/status/1617962250949791745?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Only one local by-election tomorrow. It's in Rotherham and is a free for all. The seat is held by the Rotherham Democratic Party - but they are not defending. So take your pick of Labour, Conservative, Lib Dem, Green, Yorkshire Party, and Independent.
  • Options

Vivpeters said:

Fail. 0/10
    lol i love jousting with you mate
  • Options
    Incredibly worrying for Sunak that as PM of the country most voters think he stands for nothing, after 13 years of government that is hopeless
  • Options

Vivpeters said:

Fail. 0/10
    Not again !!
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,942
    @whatukthinks: Latest @YouGov @thetimes poll. In hindsight #Brexit right 34 (-1); wrong 54 (n/c). Fwork 18-19.1.23 (ch since 4-5.2… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1618284040553107462
  • Options
    the year is 2030
    5 million have died in the ukraine war
    zelensky comes to the usa demanding more weapons saying this time ukraine will achieve victory
    lol
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,432

Vivpeters said:

Fail. 0/10
    I'm wondering whether this is just Scott's antivax alter ego...

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    What are antivaxxers trying to achieve?
  • Options

🚨 | Vote%:

Seats:

Changes w/GE2019

Point of order.
    As the Tories got 156 seats in 1906, a result of 150 seats would be worse than 1906. It would be their worst result since [checks elections]...

It would be their worst result.
    That's the strange thing.

Put the numbers down like that, they look crazy. And Starmer isn't Blair, and the RefUK block of votes should be squeezable - though it may be another bucket for voters who just can't bring themselves to vote blue.

But there is a big polling gap that doesn't look like swingback can close it. Sunak has less voter appeal than Major, Sleaze the Sequel looks worse than the 90's original, and the economy isn't booming.

Maybe the government is in for an absolute shellacking, and something is stopping us see the elephant in the room.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983
    edited January 2023

Which of the following do you think would make the best Prime Minister? (18-19 Jan)

Keir Starmer: 33% (+1 from 10-11 Jan)
    Rishi Sunak: 24% (=)
    Not sure: 38% (-2)

Does @MoonRabbit want to have a go at explaining how this means Keir Starmer must resign?

You need to reverse the Starmer and Sunak scores, then add Not Sure to the new Sunak number, then overanalyse why Sunak's impressive approvals are due to events that could hypothetically occur in an indeterminate place at some undefined point in the future. Then you need to "roll a marble" down the newly unskewed Labour score and reveal that it is trending towards minus 50.

Duh. I thought it would be obvious!
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983
    Why do I fear Vivpeters isn't long for this world?
  • Options

I do have to laugh at the Zahawi affair. Its open and shut. He has been fined - heavily - by HMRC for something he has repeatedly denied happened. He's then denied that HMRC were investigating him and threatened to sue people reporting these truths.

So the "wait for the investigation" line is guff and normals see it as that. He got slapped with both a big tax bill and a big fine. Those are facts. The endless pitiful denials are facts. The attempt to falsely claim libel to shut journalists up is fact. That as recently as last week he had the PM say "its been accounted for" in an appeal to move the story on is fact.

This would be very bad if he was a run of the mill politician. But in the midst of all this he was appointed Chancellor. And thus the ultimate boss of the tax authorities investigating the money that was only resting is his account. And he continued to deny it.

I have to ask our remaining Tory appeasers if there is any behaviour at all that they would condemn.

I don't know why he's clinging on. Is being Tory Party Chairman for a general election drubbing too enticing a prospect to let go?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    edited January 2023
    Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

The consensus including from the Guardian seems to be that Sunak came out of PMQs better than he could have hoped

Sunak's argument that Labour demanded he appointed an ethics advisor and he has now referred Zahawi to him for due process is a good argument and for Starmer as a former head of the CPS to demand resignation before due process is completed is a contradiction of his former role at the CPS
    If you’re going to have a process for such things, then the process needs to be followed.

There’s been nothing new in this story for about five days now, this is the Opposition and the media hoping that keeping it on the front pages forces the PM’s hand and gives them a scalp.

In due course, the independent enquiry will deliver a report to Downing St, and the PM will either support the minister or accept his resignation at that time.

Personal tax affairs of MPs have always been a private matter. In fact, there’s a special unit at HMRC that deals with MPs’ tax returns, presumably to stop them leaking out and to ensure that everything is done ‘correctly’.
    Given his behaviour over sending legal letters to anyone who reported what turned out to be facts tells you all about Zahawi and Sunak.
    Oh definitely. Lawyers are all scumbags, and the world would be a much better place without them.
    Don't be silly.
    That was a flippant response to a trolling Mr Eagles, not intended to offend your good self ;)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995

Which of the following do you think would make the best Prime Minister? (18-19 Jan)

Does @MoonRabbit want to have a go at explaining how this means Keir Starmer must resign?

So Sunak just 9% behind Starmer as preferred PM but the Tories supposedly 21% behind Labour?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

With many consumers of this sort of disinformation my sense is it feeds a self-image of 'free thinking' and 'anti authority'.

Different story for the producers.
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBattery3CorrectHorseBattery3 Posts: 2,757
    edited January 2023
    HYUFD said:

So Sunak just 9% behind Starmer as preferred PM but the Tories supposedly 21% behind Labour?
    Do you remember when you said Sunak was doing well when they were tied with only one pollster? The gap has widened, how on earth can this be good for Sunak
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

I read some articles on this.

Basically it boils down to Russia being able to say on the news and social media that 'Brits are openly discussing the vaccine being a killer, no popular support for the Nazi Ukrainians, and they've had gayness foisted on them.'
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    HYUFD said:

"Not sure" means "they're both crap". It's not unreasonable, especially in midterm, for those to be breaking heavily for the opposition.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

I don't know why he's clinging on. Is being Tory Party Chairman for a general election drubbing too enticing a prospect to let go?
    I cannot understand why he thinks he is serving the party by remaining in post

He should have stood down pending the result of the enquiry
  • Options
    Vivpeters said:

Calls to suspend covid 19 vaccines in South Africa because of safety concerns hits mainstream news

https://twitter.com/DrAseemMalhotra/status/1618204753271611394?s=20&t=ac6T__elj3p8IlC5cAkYow

Awaiting a ban from rcs in 3..2...1 for shedding dangerous misinformation.....we cannot expose the weak minds on here to dangerous misinformation lol

FYI - An absolute certain way to get the ban hammer on PB is to be rude/insulting towards OGH and RCS.

They spend a lot of time and money so people can post on here, might be wise not to abuse that privilege.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Not sure I see your point especially as most polls affirm a Labour lead near to 20%
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Division. The subject is irrelevant, so long as it’s something that polarises opinion.

They haven’t yet worked out, that a well-informed British political blog can see straight through their tactics.
  • Options

Vivpeters said:

FYI - An absolute certain way to get the ban hammer on PB is to be rude/insulting towards OGH and RCS.

They spend a lot of time and money so people can post on here, might be wise not to abuse that privilege.
    Their posting did not last long
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Has anyone standing down to clear their name ever returned in vindicated glory? (Excluding the winning a general election in your constituency wiping the slate clean thing.) I mean, it feels like it must have happened, but who and when?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Division. The subject is irrelevant, so long as it’s something that polarises opinion.

They haven’t yet worked out, that a well-informed British political blog can see straight through their tactics.
    The thing that perplexes me is that whilst PBers might disagree about lockdowns we're uniformly pro vaccine.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Has anyone standing down to clear their name ever returned in vindicated glory? (Excluding the winning a general election in your constituency wiping the slate clean thing.) I mean, it feels like it must have happened, but who and when?
    I agree and I expect he will resign and frankly he is letting himself and his party down
  • Options

Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

The thing that perplexes me is that whilst PBers might disagree about lockdowns we're uniformly pro vaccine.
    Not me
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Not sure I see your point especially as most polls affirm a Labour lead near to 20%
    Possibly the point is that according to OGH the party with the PM with most favourable "preferred PM" indicator normally wins at GE.

9 points doesn't look that impossible to close.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Possibly the point is that according to OGH the party with the PM with most favourable "preferred PM" indicator normally wins at GE.

Yes but it is widening.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    dixiedean said:

GMX email address - check
    Blacklisted IP - check

VivPeters hit all the "Russian bot" check marks.

Normally, though, they're a bit more subtle. They talk about something else first for a few messages before diving in with the antivax and anti-Ukraine stuff.

And the answer, by the way, is to sow division. They want to amplify the voices of falsehood.

FWIW, I suspect there will be a remarkable degree of correlation between antivax and anti-Ukraine sentiment.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Their own premature demise? Perhaps there should be a collective Darwin award for the poor intellectually challenged nitwits?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Yes but it is widening.
    It can close again. Events, dear boy, events.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Ooohh, really? Which one? That sounds like it's worth a read.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

At the present time it seems near impossible but who knows, politics can confound the expected
  • Options

HYUFD said:

It feels like a moving number moving the wrong way though. When Rishi started, he was roughly even with Boring Old Starmer. Now he isn't.

It was always likely that the ratings of the PM and the party would converge, at least a bit. And it was always easier to see the Conservatives dragging Sunak down than Rishi dragging his party up.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,185

Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Not me
    You are anti vax now? I know you seem to have changed your mind over lockdowns, are you against vaccination in general, or mRNA in particular?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Basically it boils down to Russia being able to say on the news and social media that 'Brits are openly discussing the vaccine being a killer, no popular support for the Nazi Ukrainians, and they've had gayness foisted on them.'
    Can't they just say that anyways?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

It'll take more than that to sow division on this particular ocean of calm, contented agreement.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

Blacklisted IP - check

Normally, though, they're a bit more subtle. They talk about something else first for a few messages before diving in with the antivax and anti-Ukraine stuff.

And the answer, by the way, is to sow division. They want to amplify the voices of falsehood.

FWIW, I suspect there will be a remarkable degree of correlation between antivax and anti-Ukraine sentiment. (See @YBarddCwsc)
    The Bardd isn't antivax, is he?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Differences of opinion on such matters, are generally a lot more nuanced and polite in the UK, compared to what’s seen in the US. The disruptive posters assume that the US-level discourse works on a UK site, and it doesn’t.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

At the present time it seems near impossible but who knows, politics can confound the expected
    It seems unlikely to me too. The best I think the Tories can hope for is to deny Starmer a majority which would be an achievement and a platform to rebuild. I think there is also a possibility that thanks to the trashing of the brand that has taken place under the recent Tory leadership that they will get absolutely hammered and we will be stuck with the Public Sector Party for the next couple of decades.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,418

The thing is he may not be very good at it but one of the reasons I like Sunak is that he doesn't seem to take PMQs too seriously.

Have you considered that this might be him taking it seriously?
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,432
    rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

Blacklisted IP - check

FWIW, I suspect there will be a remarkable degree of correlation between antivax and anti-Ukraine sentiment. (See @YBarddCwsc)
    Yep.

And pro-ivermectin too.
    I'm pro-ivermectin, to be fair. Very useful substance.

No good for treating Covid, but very useful as an antiparasitic.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,942
    @NatashaBertrand: The US will be sending 31 Abrams tanks to Ukraine, POTUS announces, and will begin to train the Ukrainians on them… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1618293704485384192
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    edited January 2023
    rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

Blacklisted IP - check

Yep.

And pro-ivermectin too.
    No I am 100 per cent not anti-vax. I am vehemently pro-vax.

I am not pro-ivermectin. I have never posted anything on the subject of ivermectin

Please withdraw & apologize immediately.

This is an ugly and vicious slur.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

🚨 | Vote%:

Seats:

Changes w/GE2019

Tories alone on just 26% but Conservatives plus RefUK plus UKIP on 34%.

Do you really think RefUK and UKIP will get 8% combined?
    That's very much the silver lining for the Conservatives right now: their voters (mostly) haven't gone to Labour or the LibDems, they've gone to Don't Know / Reform / UKIP / Won't Vote.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,418
    rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Conservativehome.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

Blacklisted IP - check

Yep.

And pro-ivermectin too.

I am not pro-ivermectin. I have never posted anything on the subject of ivermectin

I apologize, I thought you had written approvingly of ivermectin and against vaccines.

I will delete my original comment. And I'm sorry I was wrong.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

It seems unlikely to me too. The best I think the Tories can hope for is to deny Starmer a majority which would be an achievement and a platform to rebuild. I think there is also a possibility that thanks to the trashing of the brand that has taken place under the recent Tory leadership that they will get absolutely hammered and we will be stuck with the Public Sector Party for the next couple of decades.
    Following the December borrowing figures and that income tax is maxed out I just do not see how anyone, Starmer included, is going to be able to take the unpalatable decisions needed both in the short and long term

The one consolation from the Truss experiment is the swift verdict of the markets and immediate corrective action that Sunak and Hunt had to take to protect the economy and a warning to future governments
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150

rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

Blacklisted IP - check

Yep.

And pro-ivermectin too.

You've woken up!

• Options
    Cyclefree said:
    You're like my sister. She lives in a house in Scotland from which you see nothing but landscape. You get a silence there that in the city never falls. Same with the intense darkness at night. She loves it. I love it for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Biden press conference confirming the 31 Abrams tanks to Ukraine together with Germany and now other NATO countries this has to be a huge moment and Sky is saying WW2 tank battles are likely to occur
  • Options
    Bad timing

RAF grounds its entire fast jet trainer aircraft due to a problem with its engines
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

dixiedean said:

Lol. But seriously this site is relatively excellent. Eg I used to mix it BTL on the Speccy. God the sort of blokes you come across there. They make even the more reactionary PBers look like Centrist Dads.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,816

dixiedean said:

I saw a good line recently.

The standard pronoun for Russian soldiers is was/were

(Yes, I know those aren't pronouns, but I still chuckled)
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Can't they just say that anyways?
    I thought we were trying to impose TransGayNATOWokeness on Russia to reduce the size of their Mighty! Weapons! Using the vaccines as a vector.

Or am I getting confused about which conspiracy I am taking part in, again?
This discussion has been closed.