Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Toxic Tories – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,335

Russia has officially informed China that Ukraine is planning to detonate a radioactive “dirty bomb”.

The U.S., UK and France have previously jointly stated that the information is rubbish.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1585253100285153281

Putin speaking just now. Amping up the prep for some kind of nuclear fandangle

"Vladimir Putin just moments ago…“Almost immediately, the territory of Ukraine was turned into a testing ground for military biological experiments…it is also known about plans to use a so-called ‘dirty bomb’ as a provocation.”"

https://twitter.com/FiorellaIsabelM/status/1585262650291806209?s=20&t=0iCR5_Tvm0rM9VvBA8h0PA
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,937
    mwadams said:

Russia has officially informed China that Ukraine is planning to detonate a radioactive “dirty bomb”.

The U.S., UK and France have previously jointly stated that the information is rubbish.

Maximum horse shittery. As is Russias 'everything hit its target' assessment of todays nuclear war games
    As long as the target was "the ground" they're good.
    Unless they were all air bursts!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,827
    rcs1000 said:

The question is then for FIFA why they thought such a country was a suitable host for their tournament.

Oooohhh.... ooohh.... I know this one.
    A convenient location between the European and SE Asian timezones, and a desire to broaden the appeal of the game in fresh locales and a dynamic modern state?

(Awaits handout)
  • Options
    Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Tragical geek that I am, I just watched PMQs - with, I hope, an open mind

Sunak did exceptionally well, given the circs. He is fluent, buoyant, combative, lucid, he's very good at rousing cheers from his own side, he is in clear command of the facts, and he knows how to deflect difficult questions. He is also good at sticking to his opponent

It's a damn shame he is almost certain to lose badly in 2024, because, almost by accident, the Tories may finally have alighted on a decent Prime Minister who could do really good things over two terms or so

Sunak is also notably superior to Starmer in the House. Starmer has his work cut out

Prime Ministers win PMQs when they school the LOTO, not when they play defence and deflection. Thatcher, Blair and Cameron all bossed their opponents, making it seem absurd that any of them would be in charge because they were so obviously not as on top of the brief, not as worldly wise and not as commanding. Sunak did a good Johnson impersonation and got through the session without any damage done. For me, there will be a lot of score draws from here on in, which probably suits both sides.

Nah, that's bollocks

Sunak was absolutely on the defence from the start because of the insane Boris-Truss circus that preceded him, plus things like Braverman, non doms (all of which Starmer tried as attack lines). Sunak laughed them off, with dexterity, and then attacked Starmer with elan (note Sunak's accusation that Starmer wanted to overturn the Brexit vote - which he did - that will be used time and again)

I made it 3-1 to Sunak. Not quite the thrashing that Dan Hodges saw but a quite emphatic victory, especially as Sunak was the underdog playing his first match

Labour will be concerned. They should not be overly concerned: I am still sure they will win in 2024. But a tiny shadow of doubt has been introduced. I suspect you felt that same brief disquieting sense of Hmmm
    Nah. Right wingers so scarred by Truss cling to any glimmer of light. All this talk of Blair is silly. Sunak was better than Truss last week. That’s about it.
    With viewing @Leon 's comments through the prism that this was the same guy that promised Liz would "surprise on the upside" then continued to lavish praise upon his new heroine
    I did indulge in some ludicrous hopecasting over Truss, I wanted to believe- in my existential despair - that the leader manque was going to be good. Who really wants to believe the future PM is going to be a disaster?

I am not sure I then "continued to lavish praise", I believe I reverted to my grave doubts about her

eg When they did the Truss/Kwarteng! mini budget I explicitly compared it, on here, to "pulling out of a gruelling traffic jam and overtaking it - by driving at 140mph on the wrong side of the road, in the dark"

I anticipated a disaster. And so it was. They hit the oncoming lorry of the bond markets
    It was a brilliant analogy, Leon, but my recollection is that you presented as a bold, novel, but highly risky attempt to escape the normal consequences of being 'stuck in a jam'. It might have worked, or so you thought, although the risks were obvious.

I don't see why you should be defensive about this (if indeed you are.) Seems you expressed the nature of the initiative quite nicely.

That's what we pay you for, don't we?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,712

nico679 said:

Selebian said:

Selebian said:

Day 1 of the new regime, and we are mired in Tory Sleaze.

Some things never change.

I did say that Rishi Rich needed to appoint an authoritarian as Home Sec, but I was thinking more of Priti making a comeback.

Though PP had her own issues with ministerial standards.

There must be someone on the Conservative benches who is able to be authoritarian from a position of unimpeachable morality?

Mustn't there?
    I would have said the hard man of Brexit, but he seems to have gone a bit soft, by all accounts

(in all seriousness, he actually might be a good HS, better than most recent ones, anyway)
    If you mean Steve Baker than I agree, he's actually impressed on the upside. Seems a bright guy even though I agree with him on almost nothing
    Yep, Baker. He has a brain and also some empathy. I disagree with him on much, but I can see he has some qualities.
    I agree . If Sunak wanted to keep the right onside he could have given him the job of HS.
    I ❤️ Steve Baker
    A curious position for a "Lib Dem".
  • Options
    With all the defeats Ukraine is suffering daily against the might of the Russian army it is remarkable they find the time to plan constant provocations.
  • Options
    mickydroymickydroy Posts: 234
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sunak did exceptionally well, given the circs. He is fluent, buoyant, combative, lucid, he's very good at rousing cheers from his own side, he is in clear command of the facts, and he knows how to deflect difficult questions. He is also good at sticking to his opponent

It's a damn shame he is almost certain to lose badly in 2024, because, almost by accident, the Tories may finally have alighted on a decent Prime Minister who could do really good things over two terms or so

Sunak is also notably superior to Starmer in the House. Starmer has his work cut out

Prime Ministers win PMQs when they school the LOTO, not when they play defence and deflection. Thatcher, Blair and Cameron all bossed their opponents, making it seem absurd that any of them would be in charge because they were so obviously not as on top of the brief, not as worldly wise and not as commanding. Sunak did a good Johnson impersonation and got through the session without any damage done. For me, there will be a lot of score draws from here on in, which probably suits both sides.

Nah, that's bollocks

Sunak was absolutely on the defence from the start because of the insane Boris-Truss circus that preceded him, plus things like Braverman, non doms (all of which Starmer tried as attack lines). Sunak laughed them off, with dexterity, and then attacked Starmer with elan (note Sunak's accusation that Starmer wanted to overturn the Brexit vote - which he did - that will be used time and again)

I made it 3-1 to Sunak. Not quite the thrashing that Dan Hodges saw but a quite emphatic victory, especially as Sunak was the underdog playing his first match

Labour will be concerned. They should not be overly concerned: I am still sure they will win in 2024. But a tiny shadow of doubt has been introduced. I suspect you felt that same brief disquieting sense of Hmmm

Yes, Sunak said things you liked. It was defensive culture war stuff that will definitely appeal to a certain demographic of older, prosperous voters. In the real world, though, where so many people are struggling to pay their bills and do not believe the government is that interested in their concerns, Corbyn, North London and Brexit may not be the great attack points you think they are.

As I have said, you are highly likely to win in 2024. Maybe even win really big

But Sunak looks - on the narrow evidence we have so far - like he will actually put up a fight rather than rolling over and dying. And yes he will say rightwing things that annoy leftwingers, because he is rightwing. He will also, I predict, do centrist things that make him harder to oppose. He does have that Blairite sleekness and Tiggerishness, which is simultaneously annoying but plausible - and effective

What he does not have is Blair's fortunately perfect timing in terms of electoral cycles and the economy
    As long as he has the backing of Uncle Rupert he will go far, just like every PM before him
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,024
    Interrupting, interjecting and – yes – sometimes overloading are all crucial facets of natural human conversation. That's the key reason why having a chat in person is more compelling and fun than doing so on Teams. Computer videoconferencing platforms are all universally poor at handling interruptions.

(Moreover, I agree with @Richard_Nabavi that interrupting is not a gendered behaviour)
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,144

mwadams said:

Maximum horse shittery. As is Russias 'everything hit its target' assessment of todays nuclear war games
    Yes. So maybe "either the ground, or not the ground" would be a safer metric.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Putin is painting himself into an exceptionally tight corner, however. He is banging the drum of this dirty bomb stuff. Which means he either responds and escalates, or he is a paper tiger

And he will have to respond soon, if he is so minded
  • Options
    mwadams said:

mwadams said:

Yes. So maybe "either the ground, or not the ground" would be a safer metric.
    I think we can get Vlad his 100% on those metrics yes
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,664

Looks like it’s happening then. The provocation, then the “retaliation”, then NATO gets involved and so on.

Shall be checking the old skyscanner options for Morocco.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

nico679 said:

Selebian said:

Selebian said:

I did say that Rishi Rich needed to appoint an authoritarian as Home Sec, but I was thinking more of Priti making a comeback.

There must be someone on the Conservative benches who is able to be authoritarian from a position of unimpeachable morality?

Mustn't there?
    I would have said the hard man of Brexit, but he seems to have gone a bit soft, by all accounts

(in all seriousness, he actually might be a good HS, better than most recent ones, anyway)
    If you mean Steve Baker than I agree, he's actually impressed on the upside. Seems a bright guy even though I agree with him on almost nothing
    Yep, Baker. He has a brain and also some empathy. I disagree with him on much, but I can see he has some qualities.
    I agree . If Sunak wanted to keep the right onside he could have given him the job of HS.
    I ❤️ Steve Baker
    The plot thickens...
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,880
    On Topic "Unlike Jeremy Corbyn, Sir Keir Starmer isn’t a drag on his party"

FFS does the author not understand what being a drag on your Party means.

If your Party is 30pts ahead and you have a 3% favourability rating and a small lead as best PM you are a massive drag just like Corbyn

When is Mike back
  • Options
    Leon said:

Putin is painting himself into an exceptionally tight corner, however. He is banging the drum of this dirty bomb stuff. Which means he either responds and escalates, or he is a paper tiger

He does seem to be trying to talk/box himself into escalation
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    Leon said:

Putin speaking just now. Amping up the prep for some kind of nuclear fandangle

"Vladimir Putin just moments ago…“Almost immediately, the territory of Ukraine was turned into a testing ground for military biological experiments…it is also known about plans to use a so-called ‘dirty bomb’ as a provocation.”"

https://twitter.com/FiorellaIsabelM/status/1585262650291806209?s=20&t=0iCR5_Tvm0rM9VvBA8h0PA
    I believe that someone is planning to use a dirty bomb on the territory of Ukraine.
  • Options
    ping said:

ping said:

He comes from a pretty socially conservative community.

Do we have any evidence Sunak isn’t homophobic?

Guilty until proven innocent?

Which “socially conservative community” are you referring to?

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    I come from a socially conservative community, I've been best man at three same sex weddings, fourth one next year.
    Yes, and you’re rather unusual. I have a lot of respect to you, for that.

There’s a liberal blind spot when it comes to homophobia in immigrant communities. They’re happy to yell “racism” and throw gays under the bus.

The gays should know their place, is the message.

I expect better from my prime minister.
    Rishi Sunak was born in Hampshire.

You've dropped the pretence and gone full-on racist now. If Rishi Sunak had ever expressed racism then that would be something to judge him on. The fact his parents weren't born in this country is not.

Plenty of people born in this country of his parents age expressed homophobia in the 1960s too. The fact that you have nothing to call him homophobic by other than his "community" (Hampshire? Richmond?) speaks wonders.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,805
    edited October 2022
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Rishi Sunak considering dumping the pensions triple lock

(Just one week after Liz Truss committed to keeping it!)

Excellent news

You are young, young man, as I was once. (I think. So long ago I don't remember). You are also foolish in that probably your most valuable financial asset by at least an OOM is or would be a state pension at current levels kicking in at let's say 70 and growing throughout by the triple lock. The lump sum equivalent is in the high 6 figures. It's not the oldies being robbed, it is older you.
    Sssh, they haven't noticed that.
    My retirement position in 40 years' time will be far more dependent on the robust financial health of the country than whether the state pension goes up by RPI or CPI.
    Good for you, but you are not necessarily in the majority.

Also, I'd diversify. Exposure to the robust financial health of the USA might not harm your prospects.

And RPI vs CPI is not the question anyway. It's already CPI and I think always was, and nobody ever switched from that to RPI.
    Public sector pensions used to be RPI. They were changed (usually downgraded, I think?) to CPI more than a decade ago. Not sure about the State Pension.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05434/
  • Options

kle4 said:

Needs to avoid photo ops with tall candidates, and make sure he's flanked by the shorter Cabinet Members. Tom Cruise his premiership.

(Actually, Mr Cruise is shown at his actual height in many movies now).

One of the favourite PB thread header pics

Either that, or more perspective-mangling photos like this one.

(Deep down, I'm a crystallographer. MC Escher is our favourite artist.)

• Options
    Leon said:

There is another route. When no dirty bomb is exploded he can say that Russia's tremendous show of force, power and accuracy with their nuclear rehearsal has deterred the Ukraine Nazi etceteras from their wicked path. His might and majesty has made the world a safer place for all good Russians.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,084
    Even Comedy Dave is joining in the criticism of Germany:

@DaveKeating
    I've been in Brussels covering this stuff for 13 years and I've many times seen the invisible hand of 🇩🇪 at work in the Commission, often on automotive issues under Barroso & Juncker.

Rather than play fair in a legislative process, they kill it at source.

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1585220412983476224
  • Options
    RunDeepRunDeep Posts: 77
    ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    I come from a socially conservative community, I've been best man at three same sex weddings, fourth one next year.

There’s a liberal blind spot when it comes to homophobia in immigrant communities. They’re happy to yell “racism” and throw gays under the bus.

Where is the evidence for homophobia?

kle4 said:

ping said:

ping said:

Sunak does appear to have a woman problem. That often correlates with homophobia.

Really?

Sunak's first favourabilty ratings from YouGov have a marked gender divide. Women give him a net minus 4% rating while with men he's on minus 14%

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/1585160934078656513
    That’s how women see him.

I’m talking about how he sees women. He’s no Cameronite liberal.
    So you know better than women about how Sunak views women? Glad we’ve cleared that up.
    This allegation, at least, has something behind it, even if it is not strong, with people able if they wish to point to Rishi's talking over Truss and interrupting in the debates. Not exactly hard proof of mysogyny though.
    As a woman, having a man talk over you or interrupt you is "Situation Normal"
    That's odd. I've always found that, as a man, having a woman talk over me or interrupt me is "Situation Normal".
    All studies done have shown that whatever men may think is the case, in all sectors and for all ages, women talk less than men.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ydx0

Men just think it is more because they assume that men should be talking more and when women's voices get to more than ca. 30% of the total they feel threatened or that the natural order of things is somehow being upset.
  • Options
    Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

I think he will be returning to the (SKS saying one thing to get elected and then saying the opposite) theme on a regular basis
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,010

kle4 said:

Needs to avoid photo ops with tall candidates, and make sure he's flanked by the shorter Cabinet Members. Tom Cruise his premiership.

They could use one of his legs to clean the barrel on that FN MAG.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

I think he will be returning to the (SKS saying one thing to get elected and then saying the opposite) theme on a regular basis

I am shocked that you say Starmer is doing badly.
  • Options

Leon said:

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Nah, that's bollocks

Nah. Right wingers so scarred by Truss cling to any glimmer of light. All this talk of Blair is silly. Sunak was better than Truss last week. That’s about it.
    With viewing @Leon 's comments through the prism that this was the same guy that promised Liz would "surprise on the upside" then continued to lavish praise upon his new heroine
    I did indulge in some ludicrous hopecasting over Truss, I wanted to believe- in my existential despair - that the leader manque was going to be good. Who really wants to believe the future PM is going to be a disaster?

I am not sure I then "continued to lavish praise", I believe I reverted to my grave doubts about her

eg When they did the Truss/Kwarteng! mini budget I explicitly compared it, on here, to "pulling out of a gruelling traffic jam and overtaking it - by driving at 140mph on the wrong side of the road, in the dark"

I anticipated a disaster. And so it was. They hit the oncoming lorry of the bond markets
    It was a brilliant analogy, Leon, but my recollection is that you presented as a bold, novel, but highly risky attempt to escape the normal consequences of being 'stuck in a jam'. It might have worked, or so you thought, although the risks were obvious.

I don't see why you should be defensive about this (if indeed you are.) Seems you expressed the nature of the initiative quite nicely.

That's what we pay you for, don't we?
    Ta. Yes

But I did anticipate a disaster, that's baked into the analogy. If you drive on the wrong side of the road at 140mph in the dark, you might overtake the traffic jam, but you are REALLY likely to come a cropper in the attempt
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,682

kle4 said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    Hopefully that's because you have a lot of friends who think you'd make a damn fine best man, and not that the person you were best man to has crashed and burned in three marriages already and is moving on to a fourth.
    I know this may come as a shock to many, but apparently my best man speeches are fucking hilarious and very romantic.

Two out of three, I helped come out, so they've always been grateful for that. One was in the late 90s, when Section 28 was in force. Around the time The Sun asked if a gay mafia was running the UK.

Arrived at uni together, he was quiet and one night confessed to me he was gay, but a virgin.

He didn't know what to do, so I took him to a gay bar (my first time as well), he met some wonderful people, he was annoyed because they all thought I was gay and he was my wing man.

I kinda of regret taking him there as I'm still traumatised about the conversations about douching.
    You wear the trauma commendably well.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

We'd all been waiting for the verdict.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,610
    edited October 2022

This is our guidance for visitors to North Korea:

"Few British people visit North Korea. Those that do are usually part of an organised tour. If you decide to visit North Korea, follow the advice of your tour group and the local authorities. Failure to do so could put your personal safety at risk.

Offences that would be considered trivial in other countries can incur very severe penalties in North Korea, particularly actions the authorities deem to be disrespectful towards the North Korean leadership or government."

i.e. follow the rules. We don't like them, we'd be fine if nobody went, but they are they are.

It's also the existing FCO guidance to LGBT people:

in all circumstances find out about the local laws and social attitudes towards homosexuality and gender identity in the country and area you’re visiting

In some countries, homosexuality and/or homosexual relations are illegal and can be subject to severe penalties. In countries where homosexual relations are legal, levels of tolerance and acceptance within society may still vary hugely. In some places, it may be best for all couples to avoid overt public displays of affection so as not to attract unwanted attention.

if you receive unwelcome attention or unwelcome remarks about your sexuality or gender identity, it’s usually best to ignore them and move to a safe place. Depending on the country or area you’re in, you may then want to report it to the authorities

Which can only indicate that the UK government is institutionally homophobic.
    I don't get that.

To me it reads how to protect yourself in somebody else's society that *is* institutionally homophobic.

What else does one do in a country where (eg) a gay couple may be arrested for a PDA?

We can't exactly in 2022 re-establish the Empire to impose a Western morality on sovereign countries for the benefit of tourists.

In some places any couple kissing in public - even native married hetero couples - can be arrested in similar circs.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

There's a surprise. Everyone had expected you to say the opposite.

Funny old world.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,980

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Really surprised to hear you say that.
  • Options
    This nuclear war is going to really fuck with my winter holiday plans in Phuket
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,389

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    The fucking state of this
    Do you have to swear?
    No, but i sometimes like to
    touche

:smiley:
  • Options
    TimS said:

Looks like it’s happening then. The provocation, then the “retaliation”, then NATO gets involved and so on.

Shall be checking the old skyscanner options for Morocco.
    Stop winding Leon up.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Who do you think won?
  • Options

On Topic "Unlike Jeremy Corbyn, Sir Keir Starmer isn’t a drag on his party"

FFS does the author not understand what being a drag on your Party means.

If your Party is 30pts ahead and you have a 3% favourability rating and a small lead as best PM you are a massive drag just like Corbyn

When is Mike back

Monday.

You miss the nuance.

It's all relative.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Well as apparently he is not a drag on his Party ......
  • Options
    RunDeep said:

All studies done have shown that whatever men may think is the case, in all sectors and for all ages, women talk less than men.

Clearly they didn't carry out the studies chez Nabavi.
  • Options
    Leon said:

I think you should pack the SPF 50 Shine Control and maybe an extra hat.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

kle4 said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    Hopefully that's because you have a lot of friends who think you'd make a damn fine best man, and not that the person you were best man to has crashed and burned in three marriages already and is moving on to a fourth.
    I know this may come as a shock to many, but apparently my best man speeches are fucking hilarious and very romantic.

Two out of three, I helped come out, so they've always been grateful for that. One was in the late 90s, when Section 28 was in force. Around the time The Sun asked if a gay mafia was running the UK.

Arrived at uni together, he was quiet and one night confessed to me he was gay, but a virgin.

He didn't know what to do, so I took him to a gay bar (my first time as well), he met some wonderful people, he was annoyed because they all thought I was gay and he was my wing man.

I kinda of regret taking him there as I'm still traumatised about the conversations about douching.
    You wear the trauma commendably well.
    In those days, I was a shy and innocent 19 year old, who had left home for the first time.

I had never had a conversation about sex with anybody at that point, then kaboom, one night, a lot of gay people started talking about sex.

I am cursed with a mind palace, so whatever I hear or read I automatically start visualising.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Excellent news

You are young, young man, as I was once. (I think. So long ago I don't remember). You are also foolish in that probably your most valuable financial asset by at least an OOM is or would be a state pension at current levels kicking in at let's say 70 and growing throughout by the triple lock. The lump sum equivalent is in the high 6 figures. It's not the oldies being robbed, it is older you.
    My retirement position in 40 years' time will be far more dependent on the robust financial health of the country than whether the state pension goes up by RPI or CPI.

Also, I'd diversify. Exposure to the robust financial health of the USA might not harm your prospects.

And RPI vs CPI is not the question anyway. It's already CPI and I think always was, and nobody ever switched from that to RPI.
    Public sector pensions used to be RPI. They were changed (usually downgraded, I think?) to CPI more than a decade ago. Not sure about the State Pension.

Trades Unions still use RPI on the other side to indicate how far their members have fallen behind :smile:
  • Options
    Dugin - the guru of Putin and the man who recently met the Belarus president - is now openly talking of Armageddon and the Endtimes coming real soon to a place near YOU

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1585070290367049731?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

There was an interesting piece on Dugin's dance-of-the-apocalypso in the Spec

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-a-greasy-spoon-in-west-london-tells-us-about-the-threat-of-nuclear-war
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

He isn't, he's outpolling his party in a straight head to head.

You're comparing different metrics.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,447

Foxy said:

nico679 said:

Selebian said:

Selebian said:

Mustn't there?

I ❤️ Steve Baker
    The plot thickens...
    Lib Dems are free market, aren’t they? They so liberal they were anti lockdown.

Meanwhile Steve Baker describes himself as Free Market Left. So he is probably to the left of the Lib Dems.

The plot thickens as I might be happily at home as Free Market Left 😌
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    As I posted earlier, I thought Sunny batted well on a sticky wicket, but ducked the key question about Braverman – a question that will not go away.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Who do you think won?
    I think Bart called it 8-6 to Starmer, and I thought that about right.

Not addressing the question about civil service objections to her return means that Braverman story will continue to run.
  • Options
    "Every punch Starmer tried to make was parried intelligently. The I told my party hard truths when running you told them fairytales line will resonate. #PMQs"
  • Options
    FYI, re the Midterms, you can get the GOP at 5/6 for keeping the PA Senate seat. Given the reactions to the debate last night, that seems attractive:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/25/fetterman-struggles-during-tv-debate-with-oz-00063467
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

You're comparing different metrics.
    No mate
  • Options
    TimS said:

So radiological (not thermonuclear) bomb, maybe in Kherson to make it uninhabitable like top-decking your ex-gf's toilet on the way out. Sounds plausible by 2022 standards.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    As I posted earlier, I thought Sunny batted well on a sticky wicket, but ducked the key question about Braverman – a question that will not go away.
    Why won't it go away? Unless they can make it stick in the near future then she'll survive and nobody will care about the details of what happened under Truss.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Who do you think won?
    I think Bart called it 8-6 to Starmer, and I thought that about right.

Not addressing the question about civil service objections to her return means that Braverman story will continue to run.
    Honestly I’m not an Anabob sock puppet!
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    Why won't it go away? Unless they can make it stick in the near future then she'll survive and nobody will care about the details of what happened under Truss.
    We'll see
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525

"Every punch Starmer tried to make was parried intelligently. The I told my party hard truths when running you told them fairytales line will resonate. #PMQs"

I suspect most voters won't even get the reference.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047
    Leon said:

Well if you want to really send a message to the great and the good that would be the place to start.......
  • Options

Even Comedy Dave is joining in the criticism of Germany:

@DaveKeating
    I've been in Brussels covering this stuff for 13 years and I've many times seen the invisible hand of 🇩🇪 at work in the Commission, often on automotive issues under Barroso & Juncker.

Rather than play fair in a legislative process, they kill it at source.

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1585220412983476224

I think the thread by Mujtaba Rahman adds useful and more comprehensive context:

Hard to articulate just how far Germany's star in EU has fallen. In Bxl & EU capitals, Berlin is seen to be on wrong side of every important debate - weapons to Ukraine, more fiscal solidarity in Europe, energy market interventions etc. It's even affected bilateral Fr-Ger ties 1/
    https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1585170573289586689
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

I am not an SKS fan, but I will explain: As a right of centre someone, who would not necessarily like to see a Labour government, I would love you to be right in thinking that SKS is not very good. But you are wrong. He is actually very good. He is an unflashy managerial politician who is a professional leader. He is massively better than most other Labour MPs (admittedly not a very high bar), and hugely more intelligent and more prime ministerial than Jeremy Corbyn ever was.

Jeremy Corbyn: Thrashed by a Clown. JC fans please explain.
  • Options
    A journalist in Ukraine tweets

"Hold your family closer in these times. It seems we maybe be on the edge of Nuclear war. Let god be with us all"

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1585238170538770433?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

As this is probably the last time we shall all be alive, I suggest we have a virtual piss-up on PB tonight. We can merrily reminisce about all our favourite moments on PB - like all the times when Rogerdamus said anything at all.
  • Options

The public don't like hard truths. They will disbelieve too ridiculous a tale, but they certainly don't reward grim truths.
  • Options

Whilst you are right on the particular point, the chances of Braverman deliberately or accidentally provoking another embarrassing row must be very high.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,816
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

As others have noted, the politician Sunak most resembles - at least at the despatch box - is a young Tony Blair. Sunak has that same smooth, youthful confidence, allied with proper intellect, and even a hint of swagger

Sunak is potentially better than Truss, Boris, May, and Cameron. On this slender slice of evidence

A shame, if so, since as you note he's likely to lose. 12 years in at a broken, exhausted government entering a recession is not the time to find a once in a generation talent.
    I don't entirely disagree on style. A serious lefty academic friend who has barely a civil let alone a good word to say about Tories was very nuanced on Sunak today.

But, where Blair genuinely believed in the centre ground, Sunak is of the bone dry right economically and likely culturally, state cutting, Brexit true believing, Braverman promoting.

He may have enough nous not to blow things up like Truss nor to squeeze the finances in a pandemic with a boosterist boss, but that
    doesn't mean his own economics aren't seriously Trussite.

He may come at the serious competent administration line, but until he lays real credible policies on the table and shows successful implementation, riding unicorns like the Brexit uplands and the Rwanda
    asylum scheme diminishes that - if he believes in those things he simply has to deliver.

He may come the managerial, globalist centrist, but he really isn't, and even in welcoming the promise of a base level of a government that might actually, you know, run things, I'm not under any illusion that that is what I am getting.

So, a better PM maybe, but two years, no serious delivery, no dice.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    SKS is Danny La Rue or for you young types RuPaul
    Redfield & Wilton Strategies
    @RedfieldWilton
    ·
    22h
    Starmer leads Sunak by 1% in the Red Wall.

At this moment, which of the following do Red Wall voters think would be the better PM for the UK? (24-25 October)

Keir Starmer 38% (-3)
    Rishi Sunak 37% (+6)

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    22h
    Labour lead by 28% in the Red Wall.

Red Wall Voting Intention (24-25 October):

Labour 56% (-5)
    Conservative 28% (+7)

A DRAAAAG
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

kle4 said:

They could use one of his legs to clean the barrel on that FN MAG.
    If Sunak was wearing the uniform and had a scar on his cheek.....

He even has the gripping hands!
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited October 2022
    Leon said:

Dugin - the guru of Putin and the man who recently met the Belarus president - is now openly talking of Armageddon and the Endtimes coming real soon to a place near YOU

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1585070290367049731?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-a-greasy-spoon-in-west-london-tells-us-about-the-threat-of-nuclear-war

Curious stuff, because he's setting himself up as the fount of Orthodoxy again. The only problem for him is that the central authority for Orthodoxy is the Greek one in Constantinople, led by a very western-minded environmentalist, Bartholomew, who thinks Putin and Dugin are heretical and anti-democratic nutters.

He's much more widely listened to around the world among Orthodox Christians than Putin or Dugin, leaving them with not much to fall back in terms of national or international , bedrock cultural credibility.
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    I wonder how many times he can get away with answering questions with "...but Jeremy Corbyn". If that's the comfort blanket backstop on day one, it doesn't bode well for the future.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

How is he outpolling his Party?

Are you sober?
  • Options
    Sirens going off everywhere. ALL DAY PERMANENT RED

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m
    We're facing the most dangerous moment since 1962 in global politics.

https://twitter.com/johnstanly/status/1585281789609725952?s=20&t=cYRScfVSY6VfjFO4GzDQhw

I think this calls for a special

BRACE
  • Options
    nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    I wonder how many times he can get away with answering questions with "...but Jeremy Corbyn". If that's the comfort blanket backstop on day one, it doesn't bode well for the future.
    Margaret Thatcher went on about the Winter of Discontent forever and a day, and Blair went on about Black Wednesday. The Labour Party tried to give us a communist ant-Semite as a PM. Starmer has done a good job in trying to diminish it, but it still hasn't gone away, though Starmer might want to mention Truss and Johnson as a repost. Expect the spectre of JC to be around PMQs for a very long time and quite rightly too
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,805
    MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Excellent news

Trades Unions still use RPI on the other side to indicate how far their members have fallen behind :smile:
    RPI is more meaningful for some people, of course.
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Are you sober?
    I'm a good Muslim boy.

Keir Starmer +3 net favourability rating
    Labour +2
    Rishi Sunak -9
    Conservatives -47

YouGov.
  • Options

Leon said:

Curious stuff, because he's setting himself up as the fount of Orthodoxy again. The only problem for him is that the central authority for Orthodoxy is the Greek one in Constantinople, led by a western-oriented environmentalist, Bartholomew, who thinks Putin and Dugin are heretical , anti-democratic nutters.

He's much more widely listened to around the world among Orthodox Christians than Putin or Dugin, leaving them with not much to fall back in terms of national or international , bedrock cultural credibility.
    I don't think Dugin actually gives a fuck about Orthodox hierarchies and ecclesiastical politics. He's more of a mystico-Satanist anarcho-Christian Crowleyan-Nazi. ie he is a Duginist, and the panoply of Russian power and holiness embodied in the Russian Orthodox church gives him useful and potent symbols, and no more
  • Options

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    We'll see
    Sunak also had no answer on non Dom status. He would have been stupid to try and get sucked in to Starmer’s goading on that one.

But the most stupid thing Sunak done was attack the Labour benches for being “borrowers”. Labour didn’t even shout back at that jibe, even thingum debonair stopped waving her arms. They were just gobsmaked and speechless.

That, added to he doesn’t filibuster non answers very well they were TOO Obviously off topic, a worse PMQ debut thanTruss.

No one has really picked up on the strategic PMQ contrast between Truss and Sunak. Truss turned up to deliberately avoid yah boo rowdy politics, Sunak came for a good old fashioned slanging match. And that’s not even his strong suite, it’s not the best of him doing that. He should copy Truss not Boris.

Makes me wonder if he feels vulnerable? to play to the back benches behind him not to the country watching on? Truss was in a vulnerable position but never showed it, Sunak is in a much stronger position than she was, but chooses to pander to MPs behind him not to the country.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,864

FYI, re the Midterms, you can get the GOP at 5/6 for keeping the PA Senate seat. Given the reactions to the debate last night, that seems attractive:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/25/fetterman-struggles-during-tv-debate-with-oz-00063467

Many saying he shouldn’t have done the debate but I do think he had no choice . Oz is very smooth being a tv personality but he did make a major gaffe on the issue of abortion .
  • Options
    Leon said:

"Hold your family closer in these times. It seems we maybe be on the edge of Nuclear war. Let god be with us all"

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1585238170538770433?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

As this is probably the last time we shall all be alive, I suggest we have a virtual piss-up on PB tonight. We can merrily reminisce about all our favourite moments on PB - like all the times when Rogerdamus said anything at all.

I am sure there are many hyperbolic alarmist journalists in Ukraine. Stop being a scaremonger, it is boring. Despite your ludicrous political positions, I used to like you, but all this nuclear war bollox is making your presence on this site worse than having a fetid rotting corpse sitting at the table at a dinner party
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    edited October 2022

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

You've dropped the pretence and gone full-on racist now. If Rishi Sunak had ever expressed racism then that would be something to judge him on. The fact his parents weren't born in this country is not.

Plenty of people born in this country of his parents age expressed homophobia in the 1960s too. The fact that you have nothing to call him homophobic by other than his "community" (Hampshire? Richmond?) speaks wonders.
    I don’t get your point? Britain used to be very homophobic? I know!

Sunak’s government has literally just regurgitated the Lord Arran line from ‘67.

“Any form of ostentatious behaviour or public flaunting would be utterly distasteful.”

A lot of fake liberals on this site, happy to throw the queers under a bus. The reality is homophobia is rampant in most immigrant communities in Britain. Notable exceptions are the Irish and Jewish communities, although both are arguably not really immigrants at all - and both have secularised considerably.

As I said, it’s a liberal blind spot.

Consistent liberals like @TheScreamingEagles - especially those from an immigrant background, are rare.

They reconcile this contradiction not by yelling “racist” at anyone who points it out, but by recognising the problem and trying to do something about it.

Sunak ain’t a liberal. He fully stands behind Cleverlys comments. Screw the queers, is what he thinks. And the so called “liberals” are cheering him on.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

https://twitter.com/johnstanly/status/1585281789609725952?s=20&t=cYRScfVSY6VfjFO4GzDQhw

BRACE

Don't you mean splice the mainbrace ?

Any excuse for a pissup.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Are you sober?
    I'm a good Muslim boy.

Keir Starmer +3 net favourability rating
    Labour +2
    Rishi Sunak -9
    Conservatives -47

YouGov.
    That shows Labour 49pts better off than Con
    SKS only 12pts better off than Rishi

ie a massive fookin drag

Come on mate its basics i wouldnt expect someone with your vast intellect to claim he is not a drag
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Curious stuff, because he's setting himself up as the fount of Orthodoxy again. The only problem for him is that the central authority for Orthodoxy is the Greek one in Constantinople, led by a western-oriented environmentalist, Bartholomew, who thinks Putin and Dugin are heretical , anti-democratic nutters.

I don't think Dugin actually gives a fuck about Orthodox hierarchies and ecclesiastical politics. He's more of a mystico-Satanist anarcho-Christian Crowleyan-Nazi. ie he is a Duginist, and the panoply of Russian power and holiness embodied in the Russian Orthodox church gives him useful and potent symbols, and no more
    I don't think Putin gives much of a fuck about Dugin.
  • Options

nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    Margaret Thatcher went on about the Winter of Discontent forever and a day, and Blair went on about Black Wednesday. The Labour Party tried to give us a communist ant-Semite as a PM. Starmer has done a good job in trying to diminish it, but it still hasn't gone away, though Starmer might want to mention Truss and Johnson as a repost. Expect the spectre of JC to be around PMQs for a very long time and quite rightly too
    You think it works 🤣
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,463
    kle4 said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    Is that bigotry against fans of Elizabeth Taylor?
  • Options
    Brightest-Ever Space Explosion Reveals Possible Hints of Dark Matter
    https://www.quantamagazine.org/brightest-ever-space-explosion-could-help-explain-dark-matter-20221026
  • Options
    ping said:

Sunak’s government has literally just regurgitated the Lord Arran line from ‘67.

“Any form of ostentatious behaviour or public flaunting would be utterly distasteful.”

Where did anyone say it would be distasteful?
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited October 2022
    Leon said:

Leon said:

I agree, the Crowleyite occultish hints are another reason why the Greek hierarchy of the church think he's persona non grata. The appeal to ecclesistical authority is weakened outside Russia when the church hierarchy outside is more Western-oriented, but they will try and maximise it within Russia.
  • Options

SKS is Danny La Rue or for you young types RuPaul
    @RedfieldWilton
    ·
    22h
    Starmer leads Sunak by 1% in the Red Wall.

At this moment, which of the following do Red Wall voters think would be the better PM for the UK? (24-25 October)

Keir Starmer 38% (-3)
    Rishi Sunak 37% (+6)

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    22h
    Labour lead by 28% in the Red Wall.

Red Wall Voting Intention (24-25 October):

Labour 56% (-5)
    Conservative 28% (+7)

A DRAAAAG

A drag would be someone who does this all through the Sunak honeymoon polling 🥱
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Don't you mean splice the mainbrace ?

Any excuse for a pissup.

I have my shot glass lined up for the End of the World

Seriously. I will be drinking out of this as I watch the mushroom clouds over Mayfair

• Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,463
    rcs1000 said:

The question is then for FIFA why they thought such a country was a suitable host for their tournament.

Oooohhh.... ooohh.... I know this one.
    Pecunia non olet
  • Options

nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    You think it works 🤣
    Not for anyone with more subtle political sensibilities; this type of simplistic messaging is aimed at folk such as yourself. The answer to your question sans question mark is yes.
  • Options
    ping said:

A lot of fake liberals on this site, happy to throw the queers under a bus. The reality is homophobia is rampant in most immigrant communities in Britain. Notable exceptions are the Irish and Jewish communities, although both are arguably not really immigrants at all - and both have secularised considerably.

Consistent liberals like @TheScreamingEagles - especially those from an immigrant background, are rare.

They reconcile this contradiction not by yelling “racist” at anyone who points it out, but by recognising the problem and trying to do something about it.

Sunak ain’t a liberal. He fully stands behind Cleverlys comments. Screw the queers, is what he thinks. And the so called “liberals” are cheering him on.

So, to be clear, are you advising gay men and women who visit Qatar or Saudi Arabia to ignore the Foreign Office advice?
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

Once again, what do expect Cleverly to have said? Encouraged people to break Qatari law?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I don't think Putin gives much of a fuck about Dugin.
    No one is entirely sure. A year ago everyone thought Dugin was largely irrelevant. But then Putin referenced Dugin and his daughter in his big annexation speech at the Kremlin

And recently Dugin met the Belarus Prez

🇧🇾🇺🇦 | #Dugin met #Lukashenko, confirmation that #Belarus will partake in the coming November 4th annihilation of #Kiev planned by General Armageddon.

🚨 The Belarusian dictator promised Dugin that his dead daughter will be avenged "in the most severe way".

https://twitter.com/Terror_Alarm/status/1582556834795180032?s=20&t=cYRScfVSY6VfjFO4GzDQhw
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Leon said:

Try Chile instead. Chiloé Island. Or the Chilean Lake district around Puerto Varas. I suspect stockpiles of nukes will have been exhausted before they get within a thousand miles or more of there.
  • Options

nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    You think it works 🤣
    Not for anyone with more subtle political sensibilities; this type of simplistic messaging is aimed at folk such as yourself. The answer to your question sans question mark is yes.
    The opinion polls seem to disagree with you, that this constant tactic from the Tories to bring up Corbyn when skewered by a good question is working, don’t they?
  • Options

Leon said:

I am sure there are many hyperbolic alarmist journalists in Ukraine. Stop being a scaremonger, it is boring. Despite your ludicrous political positions, I used to like you, but all this nuclear war bollox is making your presence on this site worse than having a fetid rotting corpse sitting at the table at a dinner party
    I am afraid to inform you that I am not "scare-mongering"

Because there is, unfortunately, a good reason to be quite seriously scared, right now. This does not mean you have to panic or wet yourself, but I'd hold off paying for that skiing trip you've planned for Feb
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Sterling up to $1.16 - I'm also beginning to wonder whether the government wants to wait until the very last moment because sterling seems to be recovering and that will have a real impact on inflation (and therefore interest rate) expectations for the OBR forecast. If sterling manages to recover to $1.20 it takes about 2% off peak inflation and billions off the cost of the energy price cap.

Waiting until the 17th may actually be a bit of a masterstroke by Rishi because he may end up needing to fill a £5-15bn gap rather than the original £70bn that was being mooted just a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Off to Sheffield for several pints before watching the mighty Owls tonight

Expect to see some bloke in a tangle on the floor of the Bankers Draft muttering something about drag and being a good Muslim boy
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

Once again, what do expect Cleverly to have said? Encouraged people to break Qatari law?
    A couple of weeks of celibacy. Other option is don't go.

Would you have the Foreign Office keep quiet about drugs in countries that have the death penalty for smuggling?
  • Options

ping said:

So, to be clear, are you advising gay men and women who visit Qatar or Saudi Arabia to ignore the Foreign Office advice?
    Is it a question of lack of clarity?
    DO shave off your Freddie Mercury moustache.
    DONT have gay sex on the beach.

Or is this an argument UK government don’t support individual freedom with the messaging.
    This is what they said?

“Keep religious, political beliefs under wraps, keep your sexual orientation under wraps, don’t relax for a moment, remain sober, and keep watch for sharks around you.”
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

I am afraid to inform you that I am not "scare-mongering"

Because there is, unfortunately, a good reason to be quite seriously scared, right now. This does not mean you have to panic or wet yourself, but I'd hold off paying for that skiing trip you've planned for Feb
    Kherson vaut bien l'apocalypse, apparently.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Sterling up to $1.16 - I'm also beginning to wonder whether the government wants to wait until the very last moment because sterling seems to be recovering and that will have a real impact on inflation (and therefore interest rate) expectations for the OBR forecast. If sterling manages to recover to $1.20 it takes about 2% off peak inflation and billions off the cost of the energy price cap.

Waiting until the 17th may actually be a bit of a masterstroke by Rishi because he may end up needing to fill a £5-15bn gap rather than the original £70bn that was being mooted just a few weeks ago.

Yes, I think that (and more importantly, the better gilt yields) are going to help.

Of course, in one sense this is completely absurd. Short-term fluctuations in these figures are completely irrelevant to the fiscal position in two or three years' time. But that's how the OBR forecasts work, and at least they are 'mark to market' so not just based on wishful thinking.
This discussion has been closed.