Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Toxic Tories – politicalbetting.com

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Sirens going off everywhere. ALL DAY PERMANENT RED

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m
    We're facing the most dangerous moment since 1962 in global politics.

https://twitter.com/johnstanly/status/1585281789609725952?s=20&t=cYRScfVSY6VfjFO4GzDQhw

I think this calls for a special

BRACE

Don't you mean splice the mainbrace ?

Any excuse for a pissup.

I have my shot glass lined up for the End of the World

Seriously. I will be drinking out of this as I watch the mushroom clouds over Mayfair

Nice table.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

He comes from a pretty socially conservative community.

Do we have any evidence Sunak isn’t homophobic?

Guilty until proven innocent?

Which “socially conservative community” are you referring to?

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    I come from a socially conservative community, I've been best man at three same sex weddings, fourth one next year.
    Yes, and you’re rather unusual. I have a lot of respect to you, for that.

There’s a liberal blind spot when it comes to homophobia in immigrant communities. They’re happy to yell “racism” and throw gays under the bus.

The gays should know their place, is the message.

I expect better from my prime minister.
    Rishi Sunak was born in Hampshire.

You've dropped the pretence and gone full-on racist now. If Rishi Sunak had ever expressed racism then that would be something to judge him on. The fact his parents weren't born in this country is not.

Plenty of people born in this country of his parents age expressed homophobia in the 1960s too. The fact that you have nothing to call him homophobic by other than his "community" (Hampshire? Richmond?) speaks wonders.
    I don’t get your point? Britain used to be very homophobic? I know!

Sunak’s government has literally just regurgitated the Lord Arran line from ‘67.

“Any form of ostentatious behaviour or public flaunting would be utterly distasteful.”

A lot of fake liberals on this site, happy to throw the queers under a bus. The reality is homophobia is rampant in most immigrant communities in Britain. Notable exceptions are the Irish and Jewish communities, although both are arguably not really immigrants at all - and both have secularised considerably.

As I said, it’s a liberal blind spot.

Consistent liberals like @TheScreamingEagles - especially those from an immigrant background, are rare.

They reconcile this contradiction not by yelling “racist” at anyone who points it out, but by recognising the problem and trying to do something about it.

Sunak ain’t a liberal. He fully stands behind Cleverlys comments. Screw the queers, is what he thinks. And the so called “liberals” are cheering him on.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.
    Once again, what do expect Cleverly to have said? Encouraged people to break Qatari law?
    No, he's meant to lament that Qatar have such laws Nd that FIFA is corrupt and handed them the world cup. He's an idiot and he should have been replaced, Braverman I understand as promises were made and a word once given etc... but Rishi owes Cleverly nothing and Penny would have been reasonably good in the role as well.
  • Options

nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

I think he will be returning to the (SKS saying one thing to get elected and then saying the opposite) theme on a regular basis

There's a surprise. Everyone had expected you to say the opposite.

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    As I posted earlier, I thought Sunny batted well on a sticky wicket, but ducked the key question about Braverman – a question that will not go away.
    I wonder how many times he can get away with answering questions with "...but Jeremy Corbyn". If that's the comfort blanket backstop on day one, it doesn't bode well for the future.
    Margaret Thatcher went on about the Winter of Discontent forever and a day, and Blair went on about Black Wednesday. The Labour Party tried to give us a communist ant-Semite as a PM. Starmer has done a good job in trying to diminish it, but it still hasn't gone away, though Starmer might want to mention Truss and Johnson as a repost. Expect the spectre of JC to be around PMQs for a very long time and quite rightly too
    You think it works 🤣
    Not for anyone with more subtle political sensibilities; this type of simplistic messaging is aimed at folk such as yourself. The answer to your question sans question mark is yes.
    The opinion polls seem to disagree with you, that this constant tactic from the Tories to bring up Corbyn when skewered by a good question is working, don’t they?
    Oh dear, I think you have missed the point, again. I wasn't suggesting there would be a massive uptick in the opinion polls every time Corbyn is mentioned as though the electorate is given a collective ECT treatment. Here is a hint. Watch Starmer's face each time Corbyn is mentioned. It is simply about winding up the other side while similarly appealing to your own base; it is not particularly clever or intellectual or is it expected to give instantaneous crossover in the polls, unsurprisingly. Even you, with your BTEC level of political understanding should be able to grasp that one.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,121
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

https://twitter.com/johnstanly/status/1585281789609725952?s=20&t=cYRScfVSY6VfjFO4GzDQhw

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Seriously. I will be drinking out of this as I watch the mushroom clouds over Mayfair

I think you were in Arizona a shade late for the Big Sandy Shoot - the world's largest festival to the machine gun. That would be a place to go people watching....
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,973

Off to Sheffield for several pints before watching the mighty Owls tonight

Expect to see some bloke in a tangle on the floor of the Bankers Draft muttering something about drag and being a good Muslim boy

The Fat Cat at Kelham Island was my preferred pre-Hillsborough watering hole back in the day.
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,140
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Props to your Snuffkin coffee mug. Little My sits on our counter.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,169

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Nice table.
    lol, you jest, surely?

It's a bog standard IKEA bought about 15 years ago

And yet: despite a decade and a half of much battering, stabbing, staining and - ahem, other things - it is completely intact and as robust as ever. It's indestructible, and I have come to love its scars and tarnishes
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..
    I come from a socially conservative community, I've been best man at three same sex weddings, fourth one next year.

There’s a liberal blind spot when it comes to homophobia in immigrant communities. They’re happy to yell “racism” and throw gays under the bus.

You've dropped the pretence and gone full-on racist now. If Rishi Sunak had ever expressed racism then that would be something to judge him on. The fact his parents weren't born in this country is not.

Plenty of people born in this country of his parents age expressed homophobia in the 1960s too. The fact that you have nothing to call him homophobic by other than his "community" (Hampshire? Richmond?) speaks wonders.
    Sounds like a rather blunt and crude Rupa Huqesque meme.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    edited October 2022
    I see Scholtz and Macron are at loggerheads. No joint press conference after their meeting. Even the Euro channels are accentuating the discord. The problem with the EU: European, but not unified. The only thing they agree on is to continue seeking unity.

Slightly amused by the Russians seeking to tar the Ukranians with something they may intend doing. Who to believe? Zelenskyy or a man with a track record of being a mad poisoner?

Despite Mr Leon's views, we'll muddle through.
  • Options
    FOR THE RECORD - I disassociate myself from the pathetic behavior and wretched judgement of my own dumb-ass US Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-Seattle) regarding THIS total bullshit:

Politico.com - House progressives retract Russia-diplomacy letter amid Dem firestorm
    Party lawmakers were blindsided by Monday's release of a letter calling for direct negotiations in Ukraine, according to several people familiar with the situation.

Amid the pushback, Progressive Caucus Chair Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) released a statement to clarify her support for Ukraine.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/25/house-progressives-russia-diplomacy-00063338

House progressives on Tuesday retracted a letter calling on President Joe Biden to engage in direct diplomacy with Russia, less than 24 hours after it sparked intense backlash from other Democrats.

The about-face comes as some Democratic lawmakers vent their fury that the letter backing talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin — originally drafted and signed in June — wasn’t recirculated before its public release on Monday. That release made it appear that the 30 House Democrats who signed on, all lawmakers in the roughly 100-member Congressional Progressive Caucus, were urging the Biden administration to push for diplomacy immediately despite Russia’s engagement in war crimes and indications of a military escalation against Ukraine. . . .

“The Congressional Progressive Caucus hereby withdraws its recent letter to the White House regarding Ukraine,” the caucus’ chair, Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), said in a statement after POLITICO first reported that the retraction was imminent. “The letter was drafted several months ago, but unfortunately was released by staff without vetting.”

Jayapal said she accepts “responsibility” for the embarrassing flub, adding that the timing of the letter caused a “distraction” and was “conflated” with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s recent suggestion that Republicans might pull back on Ukraine funding if they win control of the House.

“The proximity of these statements created the unfortunate appearance that Democrats, who have strongly and unanimously supported and voted for every package of military, strategic, and economic assistance to the Ukrainian people, are somehow aligned with Republicans who seek to pull the plug on American support for President [Volodymyr] Zelenskyy and the Ukrainian forces,” Jayapal added.

A source familiar with the situation told POLITICO that Jayapal personally approved the letter’s release on Monday. Spokespeople for the Progressive Caucus and Jayapal’s personal office, asked for comment, referred back to the group’s statement without denying Jayapal’s direct involvement. . .

SSI - Note that Rep. Jayapal don't need my humble vote in 2022; she's a shoe-in versus a total nothing of a Republican opponent, in one of the most GOP-allergic districts in the nation.

HOWEVER, should she ever be in need of my vote in future - BITE ME!
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Sterling up to $1.16 - I'm also beginning to wonder whether the government wants to wait until the very last moment because sterling seems to be recovering and that will have a real impact on inflation (and therefore interest rate) expectations for the OBR forecast. If sterling manages to recover to $1.20 it takes about 2% off peak inflation and billions off the cost of the energy price cap.

Waiting until the 17th may actually be a bit of a masterstroke by Rishi because he may end up needing to fill a £5-15bn gap rather than the original £70bn that was being mooted just a few weeks ago.

Yes, I think that (and more importantly, the better gilt yields) are going to help.

Of course, in one sense this is completely absurd. Short-term fluctuations in these figures are completely irrelevant to the fiscal position in two or three years' time. But that's how the OBR forecasts work, and at least they are 'mark to market' so not just based on wishful thinking.
    But markets are only happy right now in belief of higher interest rates and borrowing costs to come their way, lovely jubbly for them, but the very things that will be difficult for politicians and everyday people.

But the media seem to portray all this market news as good news for the government 🤣

Am I the only one reading the papers and watching the news and thinking, but that’s bonkers. It’s the opposite!
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Nice table.
    lol, you jest, surely?

And yet: despite a decade and a half of much battering, stabbing, staining and - ahem, other things - it is completely intact and as robust as ever. It's indestructible, and I have come to love its scars and tarnishes
    I’ve got lots of IKEA stuff I’m more than happy with.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

ping said:

Sunak’s government has literally just regurgitated the Lord Arran line from ‘67.

“Any form of ostentatious behaviour or public flaunting would be utterly distasteful.”

Where did anyone say it would be distasteful?
    The response it draws drom the Qatar authorities will be as distasteful as fuck, and the only responsible advice to gay football fans is don't go, if you do go ensure that NOTHING on your phone or in your behaviour suggests you are not straight, and Midnight Express is on Netflix at the moment as guidance on what to expect if you get nicked.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Nice table.
    lol, you jest, surely?

I’ve got lots of IKEA stuff I’m more than happy with.
    Yes, it can be brilliant. It starts off generic but as it acquires knocks and blows it develops a patina of its own

Me and this table have been through a LOT together
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    MaxPB said:

Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

A lot of fake liberals on this site, happy to throw the queers under a bus. The reality is homophobia is rampant in most immigrant communities in Britain. Notable exceptions are the Irish and Jewish communities, although both are arguably not really immigrants at all - and both have secularised considerably.

Consistent liberals like @TheScreamingEagles - especially those from an immigrant background, are rare.

They reconcile this contradiction not by yelling “racist” at anyone who points it out, but by recognising the problem and trying to do something about it.

Sunak ain’t a liberal. He fully stands behind Cleverlys comments. Screw the queers, is what he thinks. And the so called “liberals” are cheering him on.

Once again, what do expect Cleverly to have said? Encouraged people to break Qatari law?
    No, he's meant to lament that Qatar have such laws Nd that FIFA is corrupt and handed them the world cup. He's an idiot and he should have been replaced, Braverman I understand as promises were made and a word once given etc... but Rishi owes Cleverly nothing and Penny would have been reasonably good in the role as well.
    Well, he could have done that too. But FIFA did hand them the world cup, and some British fans are going to go.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    Leon said:

Leon said:

A journalist in Ukraine tweets

"Hold your family closer in these times. It seems we maybe be on the edge of Nuclear war. Let god be with us all"

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1585238170538770433?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

As this is probably the last time we shall all be alive, I suggest we have a virtual piss-up on PB tonight. We can merrily reminisce about all our favourite moments on PB - like all the times when Rogerdamus said anything at all.

I am sure there are many hyperbolic alarmist journalists in Ukraine. Stop being a scaremonger, it is boring. Despite your ludicrous political positions, I used to like you, but all this nuclear war bollox is making your presence on this site worse than having a fetid rotting corpse sitting at the table at a dinner party
    I am afraid to inform you that I am not "scare-mongering"

Because there is, unfortunately, a good reason to be quite seriously scared, right now. This does not mean you have to panic or wet yourself, but I'd hold off paying for that skiing trip you've planned for Feb
    Putin is using his nuclear threats to scare us. The main aim is to keep the US out of the war by threatening to turn it nuclear if they did enter. That threat would no longer work if Putin does a tactical nuke or a 'dirty' bomb.

He removes one of his main cards. So he will talk a lot about it but will it really happen? I don't think so.
  • Options
    mwadams said:

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

Props to your Snuffkin coffee mug. Little My sits on our counter.
    I've got Little My as well!

But Snufkin is my hero. Sincerely. When I was a kid I wanted to be Snufkin, wandering carelessly off to foreign parts, to avoid the northern winter...
  • Options

nova said:

Just seen PMQs

Rishi thrashed SKS IMO

I think he will be returning to the (SKS saying one thing to get elected and then saying the opposite) theme on a regular basis

There's a surprise. Everyone had expected you to say the opposite.

Funny old world.
    Do you think SKS won?
    As I posted earlier, I thought Sunny batted well on a sticky wicket, but ducked the key question about Braverman – a question that will not go away.
    I wonder how many times he can get away with answering questions with "...but Jeremy Corbyn". If that's the comfort blanket backstop on day one, it doesn't bode well for the future.
    Margaret Thatcher went on about the Winter of Discontent forever and a day, and Blair went on about Black Wednesday. The Labour Party tried to give us a communist ant-Semite as a PM. Starmer has done a good job in trying to diminish it, but it still hasn't gone away, though Starmer might want to mention Truss and Johnson as a repost. Expect the spectre of JC to be around PMQs for a very long time and quite rightly too
    You think it works 🤣
    Not for anyone with more subtle political sensibilities; this type of simplistic messaging is aimed at folk such as yourself. The answer to your question sans question mark is yes.
    The opinion polls seem to disagree with you, that this constant tactic from the Tories to bring up Corbyn when skewered by a good question is working, don’t they?
    Oh dear, I think you have missed the point, again. I wasn't suggesting there would be a massive uptick in the opinion polls every time Corbyn is mentioned as though the electorate is given a collective ECT treatment. Here is a hint. Watch Starmer's face each time Corbyn is mentioned. It is simply about winding up the other side while similarly appealing to your own base; it is not particularly clever or intellectual or is it expected to give instantaneous crossover in the polls, unsurprisingly. Even you, with your BTEC level of political understanding should be able to grasp that one.
    I don’t have a BTEC. I don’t even know what it is.

The obvious answer to “it doesn’t work, it doesn’t achieve anything really” paragraph, is what is the point then?

My point being, it would have been a better PMQ for Sunak if he skilfully filibustered those difficult questions well, not appallingly as he did.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Stanly Johny
    @johnstanly
    ·
    6m

BRACE

Any excuse for a pissup.

A calming cuppa in the Moomintroll mug would be better.

• Options
    MaxPB said:

Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

For putting herself out there in two leadership elections and getting over 100 MPs backing, Penny should now be Foreign Secretary, totally agree. I don’t know if it’s because Rishi hates women or just Penny, but it felt wrong seeing Penny’s crushed and humiliated face yesterday and today.

It was a botched reshuffle. It seems to me Sunak feels and behaves more insecure than his position actually is in reality. Maybe that’s a fault of his personality type.
  • Options
    Top story right now on Politico.com - Democrats scramble to avert shock Senate loss in Washington state
    Incumbent Patty Murray’s support has slipped in recent weeks, prompting outside groups to pour in millions to prevent a sleeper victory by Republican Tiffany Smiley.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/26/democrats-washington-patty-murray-senate-00063447

Democrats are adding millions in television spending to boost Sen. Patty Murray, a sign that the party is employing a take-no-chances approach even in solidly blue Washington state.

The 30-year veteran of the Senate is facing a challenge from Republican Tiffany Smiley, a political newcomer whose campaign has seized on quality-of-life issues, from urban crime and homelessness to inflation, to tarnish Murray. In recent public polling, Smiley has closed a sizable gap since this summer, when Murray led by 18 percentage points in an 18-candidate, all-party primary.

A Seattle Times poll released last week showed Murray slipping slightly, from 51 percent in a July survey to 49 percent now, with Smiley’s support increasing from 33 percent this summer to 41 percent now. The poll also finds that Smiley has improved with independents in the state, capturing 50 percent of their support to Murray’s 34 percent.

The national political environment currently favors Republicans in the midterms, and the fact that Democrats are spending to shore up an incumbent in a solidly blue state is not a good sign for them. . . .

SSI - You can say that (last line) again!

While Patty (as she's universally known) is likely (IMHO) to prevail against Smiley (not yet - if ever - a household word) the possibility for a 1980-style upset, when entrenched Democratic incumbent and DC powerhouse Warren Magnuson lost what proved to be HIS last hurrah.

> Republican goal at start was less to topple Sen. Murray and more to hold her down and force her to raise & spend money that might have otherwise gone to helping other Dems for US Senate; they certainly have achieved THAT goal, and may hit the jackpot also.

> Rather than run one of their usual right-wing head-bangers or quasi-clapped-out apparatchiks, Republicans gambled on attractive non-politico from part of state that hasn't produced a (resident) governor in living memory - smart move!

> Patty has run a pretty crappy campaign most featuring sub-standard TV ads that go out of their way to make her appear old and in the way, rather aided by fact the Senator has apparently not been to decent hair salon since (at least) the Obama administration.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,121
    Iranian Colonel Mehdi Molashahi, who was in charge of delivering drones to Russia, was shot dead by "unknown gunmen" in Zahedan.
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

MaxPB said:

Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

For putting herself out there in two leadership elections and getting over 100 MPs backing, Penny should now be Foreign Secretary, totally agree. I don’t know if it’s because Rishi hates women or just Penny, but it felt wrong seeing Penny’s crushed and humiliated face yesterday and today.

It was a botched reshuffle. It seems to me Sunak feels and behaves more insecure than his position actually is in reality. Maybe that’s a fault of his personality type.
    Someone suggested that Sunak might have offered her Home and she turned it down because it's a horrible job. That would explain both Braverman's return and her lack of promotion because it wouldn't have been worth rejigging the whole reshuffle to find her a job that was a promotion but not HS.

But in any case Sunak's position isn't super secure because he wasn't his party's first choice, and everyone knows it...
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280

Jonathan said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Tragical geek that I am, I just watched PMQs - with, I hope, an open mind

Sunak did exceptionally well, given the circs. He is fluent, buoyant, combative, lucid, he's very good at rousing cheers from his own side, he is in clear command of the facts, and he knows how to deflect difficult questions. He is also good at sticking to his opponent

It's a damn shame he is almost certain to lose badly in 2024, because, almost by accident, the Tories may finally have alighted on a decent Prime Minister who could do really good things over two terms or so

Sunak is also notably superior to Starmer in the House. Starmer has his work cut out

Prime Ministers win PMQs when they school the LOTO, not when they play defence and deflection. Thatcher, Blair and Cameron all bossed their opponents, making it seem absurd that any of them would be in charge because they were so obviously not as on top of the brief, not as worldly wise and not as commanding. Sunak did a good Johnson impersonation and got through the session without any damage done. For me, there will be a lot of score draws from here on in, which probably suits both sides.

Nah, that's bollocks

Sunak was absolutely on the defence from the start because of the insane Boris-Truss circus that preceded him, plus things like Braverman, non doms (all of which Starmer tried as attack lines). Sunak laughed them off, with dexterity, and then attacked Starmer with elan (note Sunak's accusation that Starmer wanted to overturn the Brexit vote - which he did - that will be used time and again)

I made it 3-1 to Sunak. Not quite the thrashing that Dan Hodges saw but a quite emphatic victory, especially as Sunak was the underdog playing his first match

Labour will be concerned. They should not be overly concerned: I am still sure they will win in 2024. But a tiny shadow of doubt has been introduced. I suspect you felt that same brief disquieting sense of Hmmm
    Nah. Right wingers so scarred by Truss cling to any glimmer of light. All this talk of Blair is silly. Sunak was better than Truss last week. That’s about it.
    With viewing @Leon 's comments through the prism that this was the same guy that promised Liz would "surprise on the upside" then continued to lavish praise upon his new heroine
    As if Sunak hasn’t got enough mountains to climb already, without having to overcome the Curse of Leondamus…..
  • Options
    Driver said:

MaxPB said:

Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

Someone suggested that Sunak might have offered her Home and she turned it down because it's a horrible job. That would explain both Braverman's return and her lack of promotion because it wouldn't have been worth rejigging the whole reshuffle to find her a job that was a promotion but not HS.

But in any case Sunak's position isn't super secure because he wasn't his party's first choice, and everyone knows it...
    And the first choice subsequently beaten buy a lettuce 🤭
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046

MaxPB said:

Driver said:

ping said:

ping said:

ping said:

- Southampton?
    - Winchester?
    - Oxford?
    - Stanford?
    - London?
    - Richmond?

Do tell…..

Logically if it wasn't necessary to give her a great office of state after she got 100+ supporters in July then why now when she got only 27 nominations?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,335
    Leon said:

A journalist in Ukraine tweets

"Hold your family closer in these times. It seems we maybe be on the edge of Nuclear war. Let god be with us all"

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1585238170538770433?s=20&t=2NyutfIUkifj0e4NjqTbUA

As this is probably the last time we shall all be alive, I suggest we have a virtual piss-up on PB tonight. We can merrily reminisce about all our favourite moments on PB - like all the times when Rogerdamus said anything at all.

I will sip a Coke thoughtfully, and reflect briefly on the eagerness to draw conclusions from random Ukrainian and Russian media pundits if they sound scary enough.

See you tomorrow, or not.
This discussion has been closed.