Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The ambulance service is becoming a huge problem for Tories – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

murali_s said:

Well done that woman. Nothing works in this country. As I keep saying, the Tories are turning this country into a stinking latrine.

You seem to miss the point that Labour in Wales has been in power longer than the conservatives and ambulance services here are just as appalling
    You miss the point that your point is essentially a non-sequitur.
    Surely it implies that something other than political choices might be at play? I.e. covid stress on hospitals?
    The criticism is that “nothing works”.
    That’s entirely on the government of 12 years, much of which was spent delivering austerity aka failing to mend the roof.

What Labour in Wales is doing (I am no fan) is really neither here nor there.

At core, I am merely highlighting again BigG’s incessant Tory apologism.

If Wales did not have the SAME issues the criticism would be fair.
    Nothing works in Wales either, but they don’t work for different reasons.
    And they are?
    The Welsh are fundamentally lazy and thick.
    Never mind them, look at the French

Ancient frogs in mass grave died from too much sex, new research says

https://phys.org/news/2022-08-ancient-frogs-mass-grave-died.html
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,900
    🚨🚨NEW: Truss considers triggering Article 16 over Northern Ireland protocol — my latest via @FT with ⁦@SebastianEPayne⁩
    @alicemhancock⁩ https://on.ft.com/3CFJOhc
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

murali_s said:

Well done that woman. Nothing works in this country. As I keep saying, the Tories are turning this country into a stinking latrine.

You seem to miss the point that Labour in Wales has been in power longer than the conservatives and ambulance services here are just as appalling
    Surely it implies that something other than political choices might be at play? I.e. covid stress on hospitals?
    That’s entirely on the government of 12 years, much of which was spent delivering austerity aka failing to mend the roof.

And they are?
    That is straightforward racism and you should be banned.
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Racist invective is offensive if it is targeted against other groups of people –- particularly those who have a protected characteristic for the purposes of the Equality Act 2010.

You are a racist.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    I’m
    murali_s said:

The right wing fruitcakes on here seem to think that Truss can solve this country’s problems! LOL!

Take it from me that in a year’s time we’ll be looking back at the Johnson era with fondness.

Reminds me of the Theresa May as Iron Lady covers. Jonestown-level daftness.
  • Options

We're about to have an utter loon as PM. Or, at best, someone prepared to act like a loon because she thinks it will advance her career.

TalkTV hustings:

* Liz Truss says 'jury's out' on whether Macron is friend or foe; Sunak says he's a friend

* Sunak says LizTruss would make a better PM than Johnson; Truss says Johnson

* Truss says energy bills are 'massive issue' but 'bunging money' at system is not answer.

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1562892217228079105

Which bit do you regard as lunacy? Genuinely? Macron has Frances interests at heart. If that means stuffing the U.K. then so be it. Truss is welcome to rate Johnson higher than Sunak if she wants. And as for energy bills no one really knows the answer do they?
    On the last point, the answer certainly involves central government bunging money at it. That really is obvious to anyone who lives in the real world, as otherwise bills will go unpaid through a mix of can't pay and won't pay, and then even more suppliers will go bust. The exact mechanism is up for debate, but Truss is in silly denial over whether the govt needs to fund it. She will u-turn well before halloween.
    I expect an announcement within days of her taking office otherwise it is all over before it starts for her
    But then why say the opposite again today? Yes she may well u-turn almost as soon as in office, but saying one thing this week and the opposite next week, when there really is no need to, are indeed the actions of an utter loon as PM.
    She has consistently played her cards close to her chest on this subject and I can understand why

I expect something quite dramatic to happen in the first week of September that will confound her critics but if not, then it is over for her
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Three-legged.
    Surely that's the Manxmen.

• Options

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Are Pakistanis a "race"?
  • Options

I wonder how the PB Tory massive would reach if Macron said that Truss (or even Johnson) was yet to be proven as an non-foe.

We’re at risk of heading back into a Brexity “bomb Paris” phase, which never really worked that well.

Macron explicitly said that not proceeding with the NIP legislation was a condition to remain friends with the UK.
    Fair enough, since it’s a breach of the agreement we made two years ago.
    Given that Truss sees the issue differently then you should agree that her position is equally valid.
    No, because she’s simply wrong as a matter of (international) law, and foolish as a matter of diplomacy.
    She's entirely right as a matter of (domestic) law, and quite right on the matter of diplomacy.

Diplomatically, while the EU is divided by a real war on its Eastern flank, that we're doing more than Macron to address, the EU has no chance of initiating a trade war with us. Resolve this issue while the iron's hot.
    Also known as “we have all the cards”.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,735

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Are Pakistanis a "race"?
    Are the Formula 1s a race or a hotel chain?
  • Options

I wonder how the PB Tory massive would reach if Macron said that Truss (or even Johnson) was yet to be proven as an non-foe.

We’re at risk of heading back into a Brexity “bomb Paris” phase, which never really worked that well.

Macron explicitly said that not proceeding with the NIP legislation was a condition to remain friends with the UK.
    Given that Truss sees the issue differently then you should agree that her position is equally valid.
    No, because she’s simply wrong as a matter of (international) law, and foolish as a matter of diplomacy.
    She's entirely right as a matter of (domestic) law, and quite right on the matter of diplomacy.

Diplomatically, while the EU is divided by a real war on its Eastern flank, that we're doing more than Macron to address, the EU has no chance of initiating a trade war with us. Resolve this issue while the iron's hot.
    We always did, so long as we were willing to play them.

That's why when we weren't willing to do so, Barnier walked all over us, but once we were we stitched them up like kippers on the TCA.
  • Options

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Are Pakistanis a "race"?
    Are the Formula 1s a race or a hotel chain?
    Just cars pointlessly tootling around causing pollution.
  • Options
  • Options

We're about to have an utter loon as PM. Or, at best, someone prepared to act like a loon because she thinks it will advance her career.

TalkTV hustings:

* Liz Truss says 'jury's out' on whether Macron is friend or foe; Sunak says he's a friend

* Truss says energy bills are 'massive issue' but 'bunging money' at system is not answer.

Which bit do you regard as lunacy? Genuinely? Macron has Frances interests at heart. If that means stuffing the U.K. then so be it. Truss is welcome to rate Johnson higher than Sunak if she wants. And as for energy bills no one really knows the answer do they?
    On the last point, the answer certainly involves central government bunging money at it. That really is obvious to anyone who lives in the real world, as otherwise bills will go unpaid through a mix of can't pay and won't pay, and then even more suppliers will go bust. The exact mechanism is up for debate, but Truss is in silly denial over whether the govt needs to fund it. She will u-turn well before halloween.
    I expect an announcement within days of her taking office otherwise it is all over before it starts for her
    But then why say the opposite again today? Yes she may well u-turn almost as soon as in office, but saying one thing this week and the opposite next week, when there really is no need to, are indeed the actions of an utter loon as PM.
    She has consistently played her cards close to her chest on this subject and I can understand why

I expect something quite dramatic to happen in the first week of September that will confound her critics but if not, then it is over for her
    It is not going to confound anyone because the response is inevitable. The questions are merely when she will do it and how overly convoluted and inefficient she can make it.

Repeating several times a week she is not going to give support is not keeping her cards close to her chest but living in a fantasy world that will unnecessarily scare millions of lower income households.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,790
    Attacking the EU in a desperate attempt to deflect from the upcoming economic implosion is so last year and you really need to have the IQ of a fruit fly to fall for it !

• Options

That's why when we weren't willing to do so, Barnier walked all over us, but once we were we stitched them up like kippers on the TCA.
    In the real world, even arch Brexiters like Allistet Heath concede something has gone wrong.

You have no acquaintance with reality I’m afraid.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,685

TalkTV hustings:

Playing cards close to the chest doesn't mean scattering them at random all over the place with no discernible pattern.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited August 2022

Never mind any of this shit, i've just had to evict the biggest spider ive ever seen. Fucking thing might as well have been Shelob. Nothing gets that big without committing atrocities.
    If it gets back in.......
    Pray for me tonight peebee.

You havn’t gone and upset it 🫢

Don’t answer the doorbell. I did once in the middle of Emmerdale. Sat on the mat was the snail I had thrown over the back fence the week before. I picked it up and it shouted WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR!
    It took a dead arse jug to remove it. I swear it would have justified a bucket. It was pursuing a smaller spider. I also evicted him. As a sacrifice.
    That was her husband.
    And now he is her supper
    Unless all she was after was a bit of a cuddle, so to speak.

I saw it on a David Attenborough programme. The Female Globe Spider. There she is down in South Africa about 4 times bigger than Shelob you turfed out tonight. And there he is! About the size of your little finger nail when up on 8 legs. And he’s got to go right up to her, and ask her out.

That’s why nature has made all Manspiders “leg men”.
  • Options

TalkTV hustings:

It is not going to confound anyone because the response is inevitable. The questions are merely when she will do it and how overly convoluted and inefficient she can make it.

Repeating several times a week she is not going to give support is not keeping her cards close to her chest but living in a fantasy world that will unnecessarily scare millions of lower income households.
    Can you please quote her ever actually saying she's not going to give any support? Word for word saying that, without equivocation?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Yeah, but if we ban TSE for racism, then we'd have to ban @Leon too. And where would it end? Would we start banning posters for their laughably lazy tropes about Remainer skiiers?
    I don't think being a Remainer or being a skiier is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act. That is the difference.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,301
    Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

Liz Truss. Less professional and more undiplomatic than Boris Johnson.

Bloody hell.

https://twitter.com/DavidHerdson/status/1562898542712471552
    https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1562887482881871874

Refreshingly honest
    Insane for a head of state.
    There seems to be almost a kind of drunken quality about Liz Truss, something of the pub exhibitionist.
  • Options

In the real world, even arch Brexiters like Allistet Heath concede something has gone wrong.

Heath is paid to write that things are wrong and what to do about it. Things are going OK isn't clickbait.
  • Options
    Liz Truss does seem intent on maximising the anti-Tory tactical vote.
  • Options

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Yeah, but if we ban TSE for racism, then we'd have to ban @Leon too. And where would it end? Would we start banning posters for their laughably lazy tropes about Remainer skiiers?
    I don't think being a Remainer or being a skiier is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act. That is the difference.
    I don't know. A belief in Scottish independence is certainly protected (it saved a SNP member from being sacked by MoD just for that). So a belief in European interdependence might well count.

Skiers, not so much, unless they founded a new pagan religion of snow mountain worship.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,930

Never mind any of this shit, i've just had to evict the biggest spider ive ever seen. Fucking thing might as well have been Shelob. Nothing gets that big without committing atrocities.

Don’t answer the doorbell. I did once in the middle of Emmerdale. Sat on the mat was the snail I had thrown over the back fence the week before. I picked it up and it shouted WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR!
    It took a dead arse jug to remove it. I swear it would have justified a bucket. It was pursuing a smaller spider. I also evicted him. As a sacrifice.
    That was her husband.
    And now he is her supper

I saw it on a David Attenborough programme. The Female Globe Spider. There she is down in South Africa about 4 times bigger than Shelob you turfed out tonight. And there he is! About the size of your little finger nail when up on 8 legs. And he’s got to go right up to her, and ask her out.

Nature is cruelty
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,176

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Is being Welsh though? Genuine question. And what about English?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Never mind them, look at the French

Ancient frogs in mass grave died from too much sex, new research says

https://phys.org/news/2022-08-ancient-frogs-mass-grave-died.html
    Those were German anurans.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,623
    Cookie said:

Please post early tomorrow, so that we know you’ve made it through the night… :D
    I've got my bravest teddy on first watch. Veteran of the 'funny looking gross insect' incident
    What you need is a cat.
    If you have never seen a cat dealing with a September spider you have missed an experience. Chewing away, puzzled look on its face - "I - assume - I was supposed to do this, but I'm honestly not finding it as rewarding as I anticipated".
    I put two whoopers out yesterday and our dog ate them before they could get away, although one put up a sterling effort to escape. He also eats wasps and never seems to come to any harm.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    Scott_xP said:
    Surprised Starmer hasn't focused more on this. Does he have a nose for politics?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Bloody hell.

It's interesting the way she totally ignores the interviewer and addresses the audience for applause. It treats them as direct participants, rather than faces in the dark. Useful when addressing your electorate.
    0.3% of the more important electorate.
  • Options

TalkTV hustings:

Can you please quote her ever actually saying she's not going to give any support? Word for word saying that, without equivocation?
    No she equivocates because she is telling her audience what they want to hear. When she has their votes she will ditch that for what the next audience what to hear. Exactly the same nonsense as we had from Bozo and results in chaotic and inefficient government. The irony is that Thatcher, who she seems to base herself on, would have absolutely hated this unserious approach.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    I don't know. A belief in Scottish independence is certainly protected (it saved a SNP member from being sacked by MoD just for that). So a belief in European interdependence might well count.

Skiers, not so much, unless they founded a new pagan religion of snow mountain worship.
    Please avoid the word 'religion' for tonight at least, after last night's interminable arguments over the bible
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,930
    kjh said:

Cookie said:

Please post early tomorrow, so that we know you’ve made it through the night… :D
    I've got my bravest teddy on first watch. Veteran of the 'funny looking gross insect' incident
    What you need is a cat.
    If you have never seen a cat dealing with a September spider you have missed an experience. Chewing away, puzzled look on its face - "I - assume - I was supposed to do this, but I'm honestly not finding it as rewarding as I anticipated".
    I put two whoopers out yesterday and our dog ate them before they could get away, although one put up a sterling effort to escape. He also eats wasps and never seems to come to any harm.
    Right you all need to send your furries to me. Im conscripting furry friends to deal with what im increasingly inclined to believe are Macron voting French giant spiders
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    Surprised Starmer hasn't focused more on this. Does he have a nose for politics?
    It's just what is going to happen after heavy rain until we have done 25 years work on drainage infrastructure so promising it would change on his watch would be silly.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?

Please avoid the word 'religion' for tonight at least, after last night's interminable arguments over the bible
    But apparently paganism isn't a religion anyway, you know who said it wasn't.

(OK, will not mention it again. I had completely forgotten.)

Right: start again: Skiers, not so much, unless they formulate a new philosophical belief in the political independence of the high mountains.
  • Options
    Truss doesn't know if Macron is friend or foe ? Really ?

The UK deserves so much better than this constant cheap europhobia

Putin is a foe, Al Assad, the Taliban
    but if you can't figure out if Macron is in the same category, you're really not fit to be a British Prime Minister
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?

Right: start again: Skiers, not so much, unless they formulate a new philosophical belief in the political independence of the high mountains.
    Good to be light hearted
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    Indeed. He’s normally good at going through the motions.
  • Options
    I imagine the French response will be something like: 'Yes we know she was playing to the Tory gallery on issues like Channel migrants and the Northern Ireland protocol, and she didn't meant to help Putin in his desired fracturing of Western resolve on Ukraine. But...'
    https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1562902364910407686
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

but if you can't figure out if Macron is in the same category, you're really not fit to be a British Prime Minister

Truss is a right wing English nationalist talking to fellow right wing English nationalists. Putin will love it.

• Options
    edited August 2022

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Racism can manifest itself as a belief in racial inferiority or racial superiority.

A statement that the Welsh are fundamentally lazy and thick is very clearly racist. As would be a statement that the English or Irish are fundamentally lazy and thick.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?

The Religion of Piste.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,623

TalkTV hustings:

Re your last para I agree. I don't know why, it is just a gut feeling and I have no idea what. But if not then what?

Having just read what I typed it makes sense but looks weird. It feels like I have used up my quota of the word 'what'.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,956
    edited August 2022

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    Three-legged.
    Deleted. Response made already.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?

The Religion of Piste.
    Now, now, none of that. The *Philosophy* of Piste, please. We want a civil union of minds tonight.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,088
    More Gen Z questions

“What country is the Queen of England from?”

https://twitter.com/realjamesklug/status/1561791351368269824?s=21&t=SVGY7REyX6OCd6TVe06gKg
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

He has never recovered from us voting leave
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Racism can manifest itself as a belief in racial inferiority or racial superiority.

A statement that the Welsh are fundamentally lazy and thick is very clearly racist. As would be a statement that the English or Irish are fundamentally lazy and thick.
    Pretty sure the original was a joke, if in poor taste.
  • Options
    Leon said:

More Gen Z questions

“What country is the Queen of England from?”

https://twitter.com/realjamesklug/status/1561791351368269824?s=21&t=SVGY7REyX6OCd6TVe06gKg

Is it so unfair, given her ancestry and that of the late Phil the Greek? Seems like admirable scholarly caution, very Jowettian ("always check your references").
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

rcs1000 said:

murali_s said:

And they are?

It's a slippery slope there.
  • Options

TalkTV hustings:

“But the way I would do things is in a Conservative way of lowering the tax burden, not giving out handouts.”

What more do you want? I mean, it's not actually possible to quote Hitler ever actually saying he was going to murder millions of Jews either, but it's pretty easy to get his drift
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,808

Scott_xP said:

Bloody hell.

It's interesting the way she totally ignores the interviewer and addresses the audience for applause. It treats them as direct participants, rather than faces in the dark. Useful when addressing your electorate.
    It's not just the look any more. She's gone full on Janet Brown.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,191
    IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

Second prize: two weeks in Wrexham.
  • Options

Heath is paid to write that things are wrong and what to do about it. Things are going OK isn't clickbait.
    Things are going OK also stretches even the most credulous too.
  • Options
    I see I have reeled in the sheep botherer.

My work here is done, goodnight.
  • Options
    There's playing to the gallery and then there's letting the prejudices of the gallery go to your head, especially when now is one of the worst times to try to fragment the West.
    https://twitter.com/DavidGauke/status/1562904833404727298
    https://twitter.com/ionewells/status/1562897809053224962
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

Macron is pro UK but anti recent Tory governments who have done nothing but peddle anti EU rhetoric .
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

Bloody hell.

It's not just the look any more. She's gone full on Janet Brown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRupa6M21jE
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

What do you mean recovered? He probably thought Brexit was a bad move and said so. A view shared by most UK citizens today.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

I have a Welsh girlfriend, I used to spend a weekend up the Wrexham with her.
  • Options
    nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

Macron is pro UK but anti recent Tory governments who have done nothing but peddle anti EU rhetoric .
    Evidence that macron is pro U.K.?
  • Options
    Truss’s pathetic, embarrassing pandering to a crowd of xenophobic bigots does raise very serious questions about her judgment. She’s going to be asked about the Macron comments again and again - and she’s going to have to row back. Again.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

That was the extra bonus prize?
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,503
    Of course the greatest example of a Republican from a humble background is Abraham Lincoln. He had just a few years of formal education, but taught himself to be, first, a surveyor, and then a very successful lawyer.

(He was, I have read, embarrassed to have that background used in the 1860 presidential campaign, for instance, when supporters called him a "rail splitter". But it worked.)

The humble background works for Republicans because it helps protect them against charges they favor the rich. Though George W. Bush came from wealth, he was careful not to emphasize that. I am told, for example, that during his time managing the Texas Rangers, he often would sit in the cheap seats so he could talk to ordinary fans, and find out what they thought of the team.

Democratic candidates, as most of you know, are assumed to be working for the poor and middle class, so being wealthy seldom hurts them.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

Wrexham, Drugs and Rock n' Roll.
    Is all my brain and body needs.
  • Options
    nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

Only when the UK was in the EU

Macron more than any EU leader has taken away his toys and is in a never ending sulk
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,301
    Liz Truss really will be Britain Trump. It's going to be full on. Boris was just the warm-up act.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

Errr, booby prize.
  • Options

That was her husband.
    And now he is her supper

Nature is cruelty
    Not so according to Timmy Lea from confessions of a manspider point of view - corrrrr look at the legs on that. I’ll be running up and down them all night till on my back and ready for breakfast.

The book took Chris Wood just forty minutes to write, and consisted of just 3 pages. Strangely enough, the protagonist only made it to breakfast.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

Did you check whether she was a Maelor female?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

St Giles Church in Wrecsam is stunning.

And if you visit as a graduate of Yale, there is a special book you can sign.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Omg there’s loads of these vids. This is even better

“How many people live on earth?”

Pause. Confident answer:

“Two hundred trillion.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVPCGA6IJXY
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977

TalkTV hustings:

Graham Brady better not book any holidays this winter.
    I’ve not seen evidence of Truss somehow surprising “on the upside”

She needs the loons onboard to survive in post. Therefore, she’ll be a loon

• Options

That was her husband.
    And now he is her supper

Nature is cruelty
    Not so according to Timmy Lea from confessions of a manspider point of view - corrrrr look at the legs on that. I’ll be running up and down them all night till on my back and ready for breakfast.

The book took Chris Wood just forty minutes to write, and consisted of just 3 pages. Strangely enough, the protagonist only made it to breakfast.
    Oh, was it a book lung then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_lung
  • Options

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

Errr, booby prize.
    That was a house in Wrexham.
  • Options

Truss’s pathetic, embarrassing pandering to a crowd of xenophobic bigots does raise very serious questions about her judgment. She’s going to be asked about the Macron comments again and again - and she’s going to have to row back. Again.

Surely no questions have been raised about Truss' judgement. The quality of her judgement has been pretty clear since the start.

She passionately holds a view right up until the moment she is passionately against it.

• Options

Yup.

"Is Macron an ally against Putin or not?"

Ummmm
  • Options

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

murali_s said:

And they are?
    Are the Welsh a race?
    If so what's the prize?
    A week in Wrexham.

St Giles Church in Wrecsam is stunning.

And if you visit as a graduate of Yale, there is a special book you can sign.
    The last time I was in Wrexham I spent a lot of time trying to find my way around what is now Glyndwr University.

That was stunning, too.

Well, I felt as if I'd been hit over the head with something heavy.
  • Options

kjh said:

Cookie said:

What you need is a cat.
    Right you all need to send your furries to me. Im conscripting furry friends to deal with what im increasingly inclined to believe are Macron voting French giant spiders
    Your not going to sleep well, are you?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Omg there’s loads of these vids. This is even better

“How many people live on earth?”

Pause. Confident answer:

“Two hundred trillion.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVPCGA6IJXY

TBF, if she was counting all of SeanT's incarnations as separate people she may have been quite close.
  • Options

Of course the greatest example of a Republican from a humble background is Abraham Lincoln. He had just a few years of formal education, but taught himself to be, first, a surveyor, and then a very successful lawyer.

(He was, I have read, embarrassed to have that background used in the 1860 presidential campaign, for instance, when supporters called him a "rail splitter". But it worked.)

The humble background works for Republicans because it helps protect them against charges they favor the rich. Though George W. Bush came from wealth, he was careful not to emphasize that. I am told, for example, that during his time managing the Texas Rangers, he often would sit in the cheap seats so he could talk to ordinary fans, and find out what they thought of the team.

Democratic candidates, as most of you know, are assumed to be working for the poor and middle class, so being wealthy seldom hurts them.

Hang on.
    He wasn't the manager. He owned 1.8% of the team borrowed from a bank he used to be a director of.
    He didn't pick the team.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

What do you mean recovered? He probably thought Brexit was a bad move and said so. A view shared by most UK citizens today.
    The Macron sulk is a Tory comfort blanket. It means they don’t have to engage with the consequences of their decisions and actions.

• Options
    edited August 2022

nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

Only when the UK was in the EU

Macron more than any EU leader has taken away his toys and is in a never ending sulk
    Macron awarded London France’s highest honour a few years ago and also gave a wonderful tribute to the Queen for the jubilee. Macron has no time for liars and hate peddlers and that’s why he’s been anti Bozo .

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989

Liz Truss really will be Britain Trump. It's going to be full on. Boris was just the warm-up act.

No, she is too dull for that. However she does combine May's lack of charisma with more hardline Borisite policies.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,332
    It was her comment that she preferred Boris to Sunak that stood out, I thought. Can't see him having any role in a Truss government after that.
  • Options
    AHAHAHAHA

“How many days in a year?”

“Wait. Ok. That’s… a hundred years?”
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

That was her husband.
    And now he is her supper

Nature is cruelty

Oh, was it a book lung then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_lung
    That is a very interesting link, and thinking from you. Maybe it’s true.

I just thought, after sex he got eaten.
  • Options
    Leon said:

AHAHAHAHA

I assume these are selected for their stupidity? Are any of them, you know, taking the piss?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Scott_xP said:

Macron pro UK ?

The Macron sulk is a Tory comfort blanket. It means they don’t have to engage with the consequences of their decisions and actions.

If a British politician has nothing left to say, if the barrel is truly empty, if there is an awkward void, they blame the French for something.

It's pathetic. She hasn't even been elected yet.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989
    edited August 2022
    Scott_xP said:

I can't imagine Biden, Scholz, Macron, Trudeau jumping to be friendly with her after this campaign at the next G7 summit. Truss needs to pray Meloni wins the next Italian election next month so she has a friend. She will have Zelensky of course but he is a bit preoccupied at present even if invited over Zoom.

Xi and Putin will obviously hate her and even Modi will not be best pleased she beat the first genuine candidate of Indian origin to have a chance of becoming UK PM
  • Options

Leon said:

AHAHAHAHA

I assume these are selected for their stupidity? Are any of them, you know, taking the piss?
    They are genius actors if so

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

The membership are about to elect IDS mark II to the premiership. It will one hapless mishap and gaffe and on-the-hoof bonkers policy announcement after another.

As the gaffes mount she will redouble her efforts by making up even more bonkers quiet bat people nonsense to sell.

Meanwhile the wall of economic shit will pour over her useless Cabinet.

I am convinced there will be a leadership election next summer.

• Options
    edited August 2022

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

The membership are about to elect IDS mark II to the premiership. It will one hapless mishap and gaffe and on-the-hoof bonkers policy announcement after another.

As the gaffes mount she will redouble her efforts by making up even more bonkers quiet bat people nonsense to sell.

At which we will all echo the discerning Mrs Duffy. I'm fed up with the one we have already ... off to finish my book on Germany 1945-50, not a presage I hope. (Rather good read, actually, Aftermath by one Harald Jaehner.)
  • Options

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

Truss can only possibly surprise on the upside.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,503
    dixiedean - George W. Bush was the "managing general partner" of the Texas Rangers.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204
    Leon said:

Leon said:

AHAHAHAHA

They are genius actors if so

These are interviews with members of the Cabinet right?
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

At which we will all echo Mrs Duffy.
    This is more Mrs Brown's Boys than Mrs Duffy.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,808
    Flint knapper or merely purveyor of look, squirrel filler, whenever a Tory embarrasses themselves.

Which is increasingly frequently.

You decide.
  • Options

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

I’m starting to think she won’t take them into the election too. There will be like the coup against IDS, no member vote, and Wallace or Barclay, or someone similarly acceptable to most MPs will lead them into the general election.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Carnyx said:

TalkTV hustings:

It is LOL.

At which we will all echo Mrs Duffy.

Hopefully it’ll be a week long hustings, then over quickly. Better than this ridiculous format

Or better still, a general election
This discussion has been closed.