Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

CON leadership latest – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,703
edited July 2022 in General
CON leadership latest – politicalbetting.com

CONHome survey of members has Mordaunt 20% Badenoch 19%Rishi Sunak 12%Suella Braverman 10%Liz Truss 10%

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,649
    Great title, GOH - truth in advertising.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,620
    edited July 2022
    Should it have led to big changes in betting? Top is only 20% second 1% behind, so just a few votes from determined cliques possibly unrepresentative how the100,000 potential votes will go has shaped the betting?
  • Options
    Sajid ‘the Jav’ is in trouble
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,511
    It occurs to me that the betting markets are about 2 days behind politicalbetting, and consistently so

This is a great example, if you’d been following the markets, papers, media, you’d have thought Sunak was notably ahead in the last few days. A quick perusal of PB would have told you No, Mordaunt is at least equal and maybe the likeliest, she’s got fewer flaws and will be more popular with members

Now the markets catch up
  • Options
    Leon said:

It occurs to me that the betting markets are about 2 days behind politicalbetting, and consistently so

This is a great example, if you’d been following the markets, papers, media, you’d have thought Sunak was notably ahead in the last few days. A quick perusal of PB would have told you No, Mordaunt is at least equal and maybe the likeliest, she’s got fewer flaws and will be more popular with members

Now the markets catch up

Not when it comes to Labour, who PB was convinced was going to be somehow close between Nandy and Starmer
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Truss in trouble.

Not a good place to be attracting new endorsements from.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,897
    Your starter for 20

I reckon at least 3 fail to get that including PP
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,373
    "What even is “mustard” as we know it?" @Leon

Never mind the ship of fools election news, the important question of the day is whether mustard should be chilled as per Macedonian law or is ok outside.

Wikipedia notes that the pungency can be maintained by being chilled.
  • Options

Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

Not when it comes to Labour, who PB was convinced was going to be somehow close between Nandy and Starmer
    It's amazing how quickly my post became relevant

Labour seems unable to elect a woman
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited July 2022
    F##k off Steve Bray.....
  • Options

Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

Oh so you're just a troll, thought so
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,135
    Badenoch could actually win this.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

I thought PB had started nibbling at Kemi Badenoch?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/pollycurtis/status/1546563679012913152

Cathy Newman asks Keir Starmer to tell her one interesting thing about himself. Without skipping a beat he replies: “I did violin lessons with fat boy slim back in the day.” @Channel4News
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Cathy Newman asks Keir Starmer to tell her one interesting thing about himself. Without skipping a beat he replies: “I did violin lessons with fat boy slim back in the day.” @Channel4News

Riveting....I wouldn't say I have lived a SeanT crazed style lifestyle but can give you 10s of better anecdotes than that.
  • Options

Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

They might be in a better place to fight Penny Mordaunt if they had.
  • Options

Never mind the ship of fools election news, the important question of the day is whether mustard should be chilled as per Macedonian law or is ok outside.

Ooh, interesting

This is the only country I’ve ever been to where they keep all mustard in the chill cabinet and it is sold in obviously temporary packaging - like yoghurt or cream

I wanted a good old fashioned jar of mustard but needs must, so I bought the chilled version. And it is, I believe, better. More vivid and tasty and aromatic
  • Options
    Any news on Mogg or Patel?

Isn't tonight the deadline?
  • Options

Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

Oh so you're just a troll, thought so
    I haven't started trolling you yet
  • Options
    Scale of challenge facing next PM on cost of living was laid bare by the head of Ofgem today

He refused to deny that energy bills could hit **£3,200** by October - £400 higher than assumed back in May

It means new PM would need to announce another multi-billion energy bailout

I think the polls are going to get worse. They'll get an initial Brown bounce then they're going down.

This is 2010 repeat.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Twitter
    Harry Cole@MrHarryCole·1m
    Brady:

-Nominations open and close Tues

-First Ballot Weds, 2nd Thurs

-Nominations 20 names

-Any candidate to proceed must have 30 in first round.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    FPT: On another matter: I hope we're all looking forward to the first 'proper' image from the James Webb Space Telescope being released later by Biden (*)?

I am!

(*) This does seem a bit of glory-grabbing by Biden. As far as I can tell, the first images were due for release tomorrow, but suddenly *one* is being released today by the president, a day early. Can't really blame him for it though; it's an easy positive.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,015

Doesn't seem to have captured anyone's enthusiasm, and there's other candidates with his level of experience - we're awash with holders of the Great Offices of State.

Be very interesting if Badenoch can sustain attention - as someone who's only been an MP for 5 years she won't be as well known to many of the crusty coves on the backbenches will they feel they know enough to pick her?
  • Options

Leon said:

Now the markets catch up

They might be in a better place to fight Penny Mordaunt if they had.
    Not a change. Nandy is and was crap. She has no ideas and no policies.

Mordaunt is fine with me, seems a decent person.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

This is the only country I’ve ever been to where they keep all mustard in the chill cabinet and it is sold in obviously temporary packaging - like yoghurt or cream

I wanted a good old fashioned jar of mustard but needs must, so I bought the chilled version. And it is, I believe, better. More vivid and tasty and aromatic
    Interesting.

It makes sense. I have always taken cheese out of the fridge for a half hour or hour before tucking in as it seems to taste just that little bit better. Tomatoes are the same.

The temporary thing though implies you are expected to use the whole pot in one sitting.

Maybe you need to lash the meal with the stuff to be a proper stand-up Macedonian man?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Therein lies his problem. Senior journalists feel justified to ask that sort of question. That is if they bother to turn up to his events to report on them.

He needs a stronger and better media team
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

I'm beginning to think that.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,715
    edited July 2022
    Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Mustard should be made fresh.

And why don't you keep it in the fridge?
  • Options
    chrisbchrisb Posts: 101
    FPT
    Cyclefree said:

She is obsessed with the culture wars. Would be dreadful.

She just doesn't accept the premises of the other side.
    No it's not that, she enflames it for no good reason.

Penny Morduant is the most sensible on this by a country mile.
    No she isn't. She has lied about her position.

I don't mind Ms Mordaunt having different views on self-ID to mine but I do mind very much that she lies about them. She is now claiming, wrongly, that she was the one who fought to remove the gender neutral language in the Maternity Bill so that the word "woman" was used. This is a lie. She was the one who introduced the gender neutral language. It was the Lords who threw the gender neutral language out and she was forced to accept it.

This is what she actually tweeted:

"It was me that changed maternity legislation that was drafted in gender neutral language ( by another) to use female terms"

Carefully worded, no doubt (as any lawyer will surely appreciate) but what she wrote is not strictly a lie, and it's some distance short of "claiming, wrongly, that she was the one who fought to remove the gender neutral language in the Maternity Bill"
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The panorama journalists who did all the leg work for the Uber-files must be a bit pissed off, 30 min programme put on BBC2 at same time as England women's are playing their Euro footy game.
  • Options

FPT: On another matter: I hope we're all looking forward to the first 'proper' image from the James Webb Space Telescope being released later by Biden (*)?

I am!

(*) This does seem a bit of glory-grabbing by Biden. As far as I can tell, the first images were due for release tomorrow, but suddenly *one* is being released today by the president, a day early. Can't really blame him for it though; it's an easy positive.

Biden to offer proof he is not the oldest thing in the Universe.....
  • Options
    MattW said:

Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Mustard should be made fresh.
    Left field entry!!! :smile:

Not sure @leon has the time what with all the binocular work.
  • Options

Riveting....I wouldn't say I have lived a SeanT crazed style lifestyle but can give you 10s of better anecdotes than that.
    Throw a question like that at me and I'd freeze, no matter how interesting I am (spoiler alert, less interesting than SeanT). I'd have to fall back on a joke like winning a boring man competition, which is pretty interesting.
  • Options

Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Interesting.

It makes sense. I have always taken cheese out of the fridge for a half hour or hour before tucking in as it seems to taste just that little bit better. Tomatoes are the same.

The temporary thing though implies you are expected to use the whole pot in one sitting.

Maybe you need to lash the meal with the stuff to be a proper stand-up Macedonian man?
    I have. It’s a tiny pot. It’s obviously made fresh and then chilled for one dinner

(In Montenegro, not Macedonia)
  • Options
    So what does Kemi want to do on CoL
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,983
    Kemi Badenoch is heading for 10 Downing Street.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,732
    Please let it be Badenoch.

The tories will go <200 seats at the GE
  • Options
    Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Sounds like that why they serve it refrigerated, because it's fresh and NOT meant to sit on shelf for months, preserved via god-knows-what.

Good spotting by the PBer who actually spotted the 'tard in the photo'!
  • Options

Beyond incredible.

A 42 year old with sod all experience at the higher levels and utterly untested under serious fire is possibly going to be fingering the nuclear button in six weeks or so time.

This country is having a nervous breakdown.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,568
    kle4 said:

Doesn't seem to have captured anyone's enthusiasm, and there's other candidates with his level of experience - we're awash with holders of the Great Offices of State.

Be very interesting if Badenoch can sustain attention - as someone who's only been an MP for 5 years she won't be as well known to many of the crusty coves on the backbenches will they feel they know enough to pick her?
    It says something bad about the state of the Conservatives that someone who has that little experience is that high up the ratings.

If it does come down to Mordaunt -Badenoch, what happens?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    kle4 said:

Throw a question like that at me and I'd freeze, no matter how interesting I am (spoiler alert, less interesting than SeanT). I'd have to fall back on a joke like winning a boring man competition, which is pretty interesting.
    But SKS will (or at least should) have war gamed this as clearly he has been asked previously about being boring. Its like when MPs can't answer the old how much is a pint of milk / litre of petrol. You know its coming at some point, so you better have an answer.
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651

Comedy Gold ... :smiley:
  • Options
    Brady says it is possible to get down to final two by next week.

So Kemi vs Mordaunt then?
  • Options

I prefer helles to pilsner. I’ve got Charlie Chaplin’s autograph. Last week I stripped down a carburettor on the dining table and put it back together again. And I’ll do the same next weekend, as the car ain’t going now.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Temperature: we have been up to 31C, and are now back down to 28C.

Venturing out...
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

I don't think it's comedy gold, she could be very good. I just have no idea what she believes in or wants to do.

And how does she intend to deal with CoL and the incoming recession?
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Online self-dubbed 'anti-racists' do not seem to be happy about that.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    On-topic (for once): without a massive amount of research, I think I'm on Team Penny.

That may change. None of the male candidates interest me overly, except from Hunt - and that's a yawning interest. Mordaunt would be interesting, and would perhaps give Starmer some issues, Badenoch is also interesting, and might give him real issues. Truss... I can't get over her leaving the G20 - and she seems of a very familiar form.

Of the candidates, who would be interesting? who would have new ideas? for this reason alone, I'd discount anyone who'd ever travelled for Oxford, let alone been to Oxford Uni or done PPE.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,894
    Andy_JS said:

No, she's made the fundamental mistake of peaking too early. She will now be the target (as will Mordaunt) over the next week or so.

It wouldn't the first Conservative leadership election where those who started well failed to finish.
  • Options

It says something bad about the state of the Conservatives that someone who has that little experience is that high up the ratings.

They knew what they were getting last time (yet were still unprepared to handle it). I guess this time they want to be surprised.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Interesting.

I have. It’s a tiny pot. It’s obviously made fresh and then chilled for one dinner

(In Montenegro, not Macedonia)
    Montenegrins are known to enjoy giving Macedonians a good lashing from time to time.

But as a rule NOT during meals.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Reminds me of the Dolly Parton anecdote she tells, that she entered a Dolly Parton look-a-like competition and lost to a man in drag.
  • Options

Beyond incredible.

A 42 year old with sod all experience at the higher levels and utterly untested under serious fire is possibly going to be fingering the nuclear button in six weeks or so time.

Hmmm. Just like Blair, but with more experience.
  • Options
    How can you say this with such confidence about Kemi?

Am I the only Labour person who thinks she might be quite a good fight for us??
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,135
    stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

No, she's made the fundamental mistake of peaking too early. She will now be the target (as will Mordaunt) over the next week or so.

It wouldn't the first Conservative leadership election where those who started well failed to finish.
    She hasn't peaked though. She's only just breaking through to being seen as a serious contender, so the timing is perfect.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,791

The panorama journalists who did all the leg work for the Uber-files must be a bit pissed off, 30 min programme put on BBC2 at same time as England women's are playing their Euro footy game.

And the Tory leadership election is grabbing all the headlines. I genuinely feel for all the journos involved - a big story overshadowed by 'events'.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

Bound to be something in her student years that someone has a dossier on surely?

That's how this stuff goes I think.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    New PM by the 5th of September.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

On-topic (for once): without a massive amount of research, I think I'm on Team Penny.

That may change. None of the male candidates interest me overly, except from Hunt - and that's a yawning interest. Mordaunt would be interesting, and would perhaps give Starmer some issues, Badenoch is also interesting, and might give him real issues. Truss... I can't get over her leaving the G20 - and she seems of a very familiar form.

Of the candidates, who would be interesting? who would have new ideas? for this reason alone, I'd discount anyone who'd ever travelled for Oxford, let alone been to Oxford Uni or done PPE.

What are chances that Penny Mordaunt will be endorsed by Mike Pence? And/or visa versa?

And how much longer will a (UK) pence be worth more than a (US) penny?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Brady on Skynews - "a new leader of the party elected and announced on the 5th of September".
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,997
    What's everyone's optimism for Badenoch based on ?
  • Options
    A reminder that the Tory party uses quasi AV to elect their leader.

First ballot on Wednesday and second on Thursday; more ballots will follow thereafter until all but two candidates have been eliminated.

20 nominations needed to reach first ballot, and 30 votes needed to proceed to second ballot. Lowest-scoring candidate eliminated each time.

https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1546565896881246208
  • Options

stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

Bound to be something in her student years that someone has a dossier on surely?

That's how this stuff goes I think.
    She’s flown under the radar, they’re only starting to try and dig up dirt, now.

Maybe they’ll find some, maybe not.

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,227
    chrisb said:

FPT

Cyclefree said:

I don't mind Ms Mordaunt having different views on self-ID to mine but I do mind very much that she lies about them. She is now claiming, wrongly, that she was the one who fought to remove the gender neutral language in the Maternity Bill so that the word "woman" was used. This is a lie. She was the one who introduced the gender neutral language. It was the Lords who threw the gender neutral language out and she was forced to accept it.

"It was me that changed maternity legislation that was drafted in gender neutral language ( by another) to use female terms"

Carefully worded, no doubt (as any lawyer will surely appreciate) but what she wrote is not strictly a lie, and it's some distance short of "claiming, wrongly, that she was the one who fought to remove the gender neutral language in the Maternity Bill"
    Rather making my point. "Careful wording" indeed. She is now trying to claim credit for removing language she put in when this was forced on her by others and evades the issue of why she agreed to such language in the first place.

Very Boris-like. But also not really in keeping with all the big hoo-ha she's making over having integrity.

• Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

How can you say this with such confidence about Kemi?

Am I the only Labour person who thinks she might be quite a good fight for us??

I would be amazed if you were. She is combative in the House without being aggressive. She can also sound quite human.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Gove.

And the fact she appears to be a lot people's second choice.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,791

kle4 said:

But SKS will (or at least should) have war gamed this as clearly he has been asked previously about being boring. Its like when MPs can't answer the old how much is a pint of milk / litre of petrol. You know its coming at some point, so you better have an answer.
    Although in your example the answer changes by the day of course.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Pulpstar said:

blank canvas
  • Options
    fitalass said:

Brady on Skynews - "a new leader of the party elected and announced on the 5th of September".

Or, an awful lot earlier…
  • Options

Leon said:

Ooh, interesting

Sounds like that why they serve it refrigerated, because it's fresh and NOT meant to sit on shelf for months, preserved via god-knows-what.

Good spotting by the PBer who actually spotted the 'tard in the photo'!
    Thanks.

I'm enjoying @Leon wanderings. It makes an interesting distraction from hitting refresh on BF 'Next PM' market.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,541
    chrisb said:

FPT

Cyclefree said:

Exactly. I agree (as a Penny supporter) with the leaker's version (albeit a malicious leak) more than Penny's. But she hasn't lied. The legislation was no doubt drafted (with gender neutral langauge) by another, and it was no doubt Mordaunt who eventually re-worded it, (after the House of Lords insisted).
  • Options

Of course Starmer did a lot more interesting stuff at university.

Including some persistent drug taking of cocaine, as per my source.

*Allegedly*

Top Northern Soul dancer too, I gather
    None of that is particularly interesting.

I would refuse to answer such things on basis if there was something interesting about us, it’s for others to spot and remark on - it could never sound great coming from ourselves.
  • Options

Reminds me of the Dolly Parton anecdote she tells, that she entered a Dolly Parton look-a-like competition and lost to a man in drag.

My word ... Peter the Punter sure gets about .. :smiley:
  • Options

kle4 said:

Based on this, Mordaunt wins, Kemi gets a cabinet role. Nbd.
  • Options
    Tory leadership rivals are accused of living in a 'fantasy' with their attempts to win race to replace Boris Johnson with Rishi Sunak the man to beat

Mail Online
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,800
    I quite like the idea that a lady (woman if you insist) called 'Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch' could be our next PM.

I don't think currently that I'll vote for her, but I might.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    In my experience, those that did lots of drugs (or were permanently drunk) while I was at uni weren't that interesting either. Spending loads of time totally mashed than out of action for days as they recover weren't up for doing fun stuff....and normally the drink or the drugs quickly turned them into total knobheads when they were out and about.
  • Options

A reminder that the Tory party uses quasi AV to elect their leader.

First ballot on Wednesday and second on Thursday; more ballots will follow thereafter until all but two candidates have been eliminated.

20 nominations needed to reach first ballot, and 30 votes needed to proceed to second ballot. Lowest-scoring candidate eliminated each time.

https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1546565896881246208

So who does this help the most?
  • Options

So what does Kemi want to do on CoL

What are any of their plans on cost of living? And how quickly can they deliver it?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Pulpstar said:

blank canvas
    Blank plus anti-woke warrior and of course nothing is more important as the country sinks into economic abyss.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    According to wiki

Badenoch “confessed to hacking into the website of a Labour MP in 2008”

I’m impressed. It would be great to have, as PM, someone who has actually got a fucking clue about how these newfangled computer thingys work.
  • Options
    I've got into repairing laptops, doing component level repairs has been a fun learning curve and quite profitable.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Gove.

And the fact she appears to be a lot people's second choice.
    She's still 5 short of the 20
  • Options

In my experience, those that did lots of drugs (or were permanently drunk) while I was at uni weren't that interesting either.

Referring to yourself in the third person there
  • Options

Are you hoping for yet another Tory leadership contest before 2024? .. :wink:
  • Options
    MattW said:

Beyond incredible.

Hmmm. Just like Blair, but with more experience.
    Kim Campbell says "Hello, eh?"
  • Options
    Looking at the Guido comments earlier; it's very puerile but I couldn't help smirking that they call Sunak 'Nutsak'.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Correct me if I am wrong.

But Kemi winning before her time (she is best seen as leader after next - possibly LOTO) is just like Hague.

Destroyed his long term chances of being PM by going too early??
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,926
    @Dura_Ace was right about Tugendhat.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,800
    JACK_W said:

Are you hoping for yet another Tory leadership contest before 2024? .. :wink:
    He loves a holiday.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Of course Starmer did a lot more interesting stuff at university.

Including some persistent drug taking of cocaine, as per my source.

*Allegedly*

Top Northern Soul dancer too, I gather
    Hmmm.

I think that if you worry about being a 'top' Northern Soul dancer, then it's a dodgy claim.

AIUI (and I have a monthly Northern Soul with several hundred turning up just down the road from home) NS is all about individual, rather isolated, self-expression.

First time I went it was quite disconcerting dancing with myself.

Something to go to in a group - you certainly won't meet anyone on the dance floor.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,505
    kle4 said:

"Back in the day"? Is that how SKS speaks?
    I would struggle to tell you anything interesting about myself, kind. Let's think...
    I once delivered a pizza to Britpop also-rans Northern Uproar.
    I once got locked in a car hire shop in Cyprus and escaped using only a stapler.
    Beyond that, I'm struggling.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    Badenoch doing well looks like bad news for Truss.

If Badenoch gets transfers from Patel and Braverman, she will be well ahead of Truss and Truss could then potentially be eliminated in 4th or 5th place (depending upon whether she can get ahead of Tugendhat).
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,568

Does that take Boris past TMay in terms of time served?
  • Options
    Kemi did computer systems engineering as a degree.

Wait a minute. You have my attention!
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,894

stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

She hasn't peaked though. She's only just breaking through to being seen as a serious contender, so the timing is perfect.
    There's an eternity still to go and she now is a target. I don't doubt she'll poll well in the first round but the question is what does she offer, to whom and when to get her into the final two.

Apart from a couple of platitudes, we know next to nothing about her politics and any proposals - the sense is somehow she must be the hardest opponent for Starmer and Labour, based on what I've no clue.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,516
    FPT:

The Tory membership want a coup. They are largely favouring those drawn from outside government rather than those at its upper echelons. They have decided the Boris gang need to be excised.

This is a radical and novel idea because it requires parachuting someone with limited government experience into the leadership, something no party has ever really tried before whilst in government. It could do them the world of good, but it could also be seen as irresponsible.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 7,162
    edited July 2022

Does that take Boris past TMay in terms of time served?
    Yep. He goes past her on 5th August
    It will also take him past Sunny Jim
    But he will end 2 weeks shy of Henry Addington
  • Options
    edited July 2022

In my experience, those that did lots of drugs (or were permanently drunk) while I was at uni weren't that interesting either.

Referring to yourself in the third person there
    I was dead lucky that when I was at uni the low cost airlines were just coming about, so you could get a RyanAir flight for 99p (and they needed bums on seats to get their EU airport kick-backs)...so my group of mates did a load of crazy dashes to places on a whim because we saw a super cheap flight (at that point RyanAir / Easyjet even paid the taxes on occasions as they needed the head count).
  • Options
    So do you think that Badenoch is bad enough (in any meaning of the phrase)?

AND if Enoch Powell was still alive, reelected MP and regained Tory whip, would he vote FOR Bad Enoch?

If not, why not?
This discussion has been closed.