Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

It’s nearly a decade since LAB last made a by-election gain – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    FIFA World Cup Group B - Winner

England 4/11
    Wales 6/1
    USA 7/1
    Iran 20/1
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Johnson has liar, Starmer has boring.

I know which I'd rather have

And what if Beer is found to be a boring liar?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-rule-breaches-probe-standards-watchdog-labour-leader-b1005729.html
    Evgeniy Lebedev gets in on the act. The plot thickens......
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629

I hope Brillo is asked for comment on Banks losing his case

Mad cat lady has claws...
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it is to tel me which one is the Tesla YTD Price graph and which one is the Bitcoin YTD graph

My guess would be the top one is the Bitcoin YTD graph due to the more vertical drop at the end, which is part of the conversation today.

I respect Musk in general but linking Tesla with Bitcoin was weird, especially due to how environmentally unfriendly Bitcoin is whereas Tesla is meant to be the opposite.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    edited June 2022
    Alistair said:

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it is to tel me which one is the Tesla YTD Price graph and which one is the Bitcoin YTD graph

Amusing, but you could replace the Tesla graph with that of the S&P 500 and it would make very little difference to the difficulty. Possibly it's even harder.
  • Options

Farooq said:

tlg86 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arron_banks/status/1536283375639592962

Arron Banks
    @Arron_banks
    The judge felt sorry for Carole is how I would sum it up. Defamatory but no serious harm. I suppose falsely accusing someone of taking Russian money for Brexit doesn’t cut the ice. It’s likely I will appeal ..

Hahahaha, go on Arron, waste more of your money, you fucking mug
    To be fair Arron though, he is standing up for what he believes in, and is up against the entire security and British establishment as he does it, which must be scary?
    Perhaps there is a reason that Banks isn't popular with the British security establishment?
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Keystone said:

Farooq said:

tlg86 said:

Arron Banks
    @Arron_banks
    The judge felt sorry for Carole is how I would sum it up. Defamatory but no serious harm. I suppose falsely accusing someone of taking Russian money for Brexit doesn’t cut the ice. It’s likely I will appeal ..

To be fair Arron though, he is standing up for what he believes in, and is up against the entire security and British establishment as he does it, which must be scary?
    You are a quite unusual LibDem in your sympathies, I'll give you that.
    What bit about going up against the establishment as scary thing to do, is untrue though?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    Dura_Ace said:

Sandpit said:

Baku is also something of an outlier, having a very high top speed for a street circuit. Top speed in Canada will be lower, so perhaps there’s actually no need to change anything until this time next year?

It'd be very easy to fix if the regulations didn't restrict them to incredibly crude suspension technology. Twin tube dampers, torsion bars, etc. Apart from the materials none of that would be out of place on an 80s F1 car. With active suspension it would relatively simple to dial out the porpoising.

All they could do without ripping up the entire suspension rulebook is maybe ban heave springs which would force the teams to run more ride height and/or less spring rate.
    Oh indeed. It’s only a hard problem because the regulations have made it so.

Cars with active ride height would be stunningly quick though - which is why they banned it in the first place!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,601

Nigelb said:

This is becoming a serious issue for F1.
    It's unlikely that there will be agreement to address it, given the competitive advantage enjoyed by the couple of team s not so badly affected.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/gasly-f1-needs-to-stop-drivers-ending-up-with-a-cane-at-30/10321682/
    ...Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton said he was "holding and biting down on my teeth due to the pain" in the race, while team boss Toto Wolff said F1 needed to find a solution to prevent possible injuries amid fears it could force drivers to skip races.

Gasly crossed the line fifth for AlphaTauri in Baku, recording his best result of the season so far, but admitted he had never found a race to be so "brutal" through his F1 career.

"It's not healthy, that's for sure," Gasly said. "I've had a physio session before and after every session, just because my [spinal] discs are suffering from it. You have literally no suspension. It just hits going through your spine.

"The team is asking me, 'OK, we can compromise the setup?' and I'm compromising my health for the performance...

I'm rather surprised that rough running, to that point, is quicker. Why is that?
    You have to run ground effect cars low to create maximum downforce, which is what gives speed round the bends.
    Some teams have minimised porpoising; others haven't. It's not a trivial fix, as the physics of phenomenon complex, and thus poorly understood.
  • Options

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-rule-breaches-probe-standards-watchdog-labour-leader-b1005729.html
    Spot on Ozy. What are Labour going to do about it’s growing Starmer problem?

Investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards for hiding freebies and income is about as serious as it gets isn’t it? Look what their investigation into former Minister Patterson done to him and Tory credibility. Labour called it an investigation into sleaze.

At the same time he is under a police investigation for lying about a lockdown party. Starmer’s office were the last to know that Rayner was at the party too, even though rest of world was telling them for months she was, “so more lies and obfuscation” to turn Starmer sentences back on him. Very soon focus group heatmaps on Starmer will have greedy and LIAR right in the middle, if not already 😟

Even though Starmer has got a lot better in the job is finding his MOJO, Labour need to think about how tainted their top team are getting now - Starmer, Angela and Rachel all at curry and beer lockdown party, Red Wes the Marxist strikers friend, Nandy who voted few months back to abandon UK Nuclear Deterrent. For voters to abandon devil you know during crisis is hard work, let alone for front bench with that sort of record.
  • Options
    eek said:

Alistair said:

Bottom is Telsa - but that's only because the US markets don't open for another hour.
    So bored of fucking Teslas. Their two cheapest models are number 2 and 4 in the latest bestseller list, and they are common as muck around here.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Farooq said:

tlg86 said:

Arron Banks
    @Arron_banks

Ms Cadwallader is part of the establishment?
    Whoever gave a like to that can take it away, I shredded that post with my reply.
  • Options
    PensfoldPensfold Posts: 191
    Will Durham police delay any Fixed Penalty against Starmer until after the Wakefield by-election?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Endillion said:

Alistair said:

Amusing, but you could replace the Tesla graph with that of the S&P 500 and it would make very little difference to the difficulty. Possibly it's even harder.
    S&P has, as you say, a similar shape, but both Bitcoin and TSLA are down 40%+ YTD while the S&P is down less than 20%
  • Options

eek said:

Alistair said:

Bottom is Telsa - but that's only because the US markets don't open for another hour.
    So bored of fucking Teslas. Their two cheapest models are number 2 and 4 in the latest bestseller list, and they are common as muck around here.
    The reason they are so high up the sellers list, is that the computers in them are not caught in the chip shortage affecting almost every other car manufacturer at the moment.

Order a Tesla now, and it’s three months away, it’s about the only new car you can order and not get a 2023 delivery date.

And yes, not the best car. the interiors are ergonomically terrible.
  • Options
    KeystoneKeystone Posts: 127

Investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards for hiding freebies and income is about as serious as it gets isn’t it? Look what their investigation into former Minister Patterson done to him and Tory credibility. Labour called it an investigation into sleaze.

At the same time he is under a police investigation for lying about a lockdown party. Starmer’s office were the last to know that Rayner was at the party too, even though rest of world was telling them for months she was, “so more lies and obfuscation” to turn Starmer sentences back on him. Very soon focus group heatmaps on Starmer will have greedy and LIAR right in the middle, if not already 😟

Even though Starmer has got a lot better in the job is finding his MOJO, Labour need to think about how tainted their top team are getting now - Starmer, Angela and Rachel all at curry and beer lockdown party, Red Wes the Marxist strikers friend, Nandy who voted few months back to abandon UK Nuclear Deterrent. For voters to abandon devil you know during crisis is hard work, let alone for front bench with that sort of record.
    And no definite or indefinite articles in three of your four paras. It's a very distinctive style. The third para was idiomatic.
  • Options
    Saw a tesla mini-cab today in Edinburgh. Surely the economics don't work out on that?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Endillion said:

Alistair said:

S&P has, as you say, a similar shape, but both Bitcoin and TSLA are down 40%+ YTD while the S&P is down less than 20%
    Though underpinning Tesla stock is a profitable company with assets and revenues.

Underpinning Bitcoin is "number goes up" herd mentality.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Endillion said:

Alistair said:

The shape is the same, the scale is different: the S&P is down 18%, Tesla 40%, and BTC 50%, YTD.

Incidentally, BTC not exactly demonstrating its use as a hedge there.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

The reason they are so high up the sellers list, is that the computers in them are not caught in the chip shortage affecting almost every other car manufacturer at the moment.

Order a Tesla now, and it’s three months away, it’s about the only new car you can order and not get a 2023 delivery date.

I wouldn’t mind so much if their owners were not so evangelical. It’s just a stupid car.
  • Options

Endillion said:

Alistair said:

The shape is the same, the scale is different: the S&P is down 18%, Tesla 40%, and BTC 50%, YTD.

For comparison, this one looks rather different.

• Options

Sandpit said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

I wouldn’t mind so much if their owners were not so evangelical. It’s just a stupid car.
    Yes, that’s by far the most annoying thing about them!
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,979
    Alistair said:

Saw a tesla mini-cab today in Edinburgh. Surely the economics don't work out on that?

I would have thought the economics of that work out why better than diesel at the moment - higher upfront cost but way lower ongoing costs.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,614

He declared some minor gifts late. He should’ve declared them within time, but it’s hard to see this as a great scandal or likely to receive some terrible sanction. (Obviously, the right will seek to present it that way.)
  • Options
    Keystone said:

And no definite or indefinite articles in three of your four paras. It's a very distinctive style. The third para was idiomatic.
    I’ve got a banging hangover. I’m going back to bed.

Are you a cop?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

I have just ordered a new Honda Jazz, delivery this August.

VW have a lot of delivery problems, as their wiring looms came from the Donbas.
  • Options
    Pensfold said:

Will Durham police delay any Fixed Penalty against Starmer until after the Wakefield by-election?

It's already been reported that it's July because being blunt it's a complete waste of my tax payers money so shouldn't be a priority.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934

SKS defence appears to be he and his staff were so busy being noble and full of integrity they temporarily forgot to comply with the rules.
    Tip for Labour HQ. Dont call him Mr Rules if he is too lazy to follow the rules in a timely fashion. Eejits.
    'I have integrity as and when administrative processes permit'
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,386

He declared some minor gifts late. He should’ve declared them within time, but it’s hard to see this as a great scandal or likely to receive some terrible sanction. (Obviously, the right will seek to present it that way.)
    Was the gift some tacky wallpaper?, or a holiday somewhere? or a knee trembler with an American woman?

• Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,939
    eek said:

Alistair said:

I would have thought the economics of that work out why better than diesel at the moment - higher upfront cost but way lower ongoing costs.
    Stop start low speed traffic is perfect for electric cars, especially with regenerative braking.
  • Options
    theProletheProle Posts: 948
    eek said:

Alistair said:

Only works if the range is sufficient for a day's work, which probably depends a lot on the location where it's based - if its in traffic all day, the range might be sufficient, if its running up and down a motorway the driver is going to be spending time and money on expensive fast charging (as far as I can gather, running an EV from the commercial charging network doesn't really save you much compared to running an ICE vehicle).

I would have thought a hybrid with a big battery would work out better for the average cabbie.
  • Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,939
    edited June 2022
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

That, plus the 2% BIK rate makes them the perfect company car for anyone funnelling their income through a PSC.
  • Options

Investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards for hiding freebies and income is about as serious as it gets isn’t it? ...
    Not really, particularly when the income he's accused of hiding is pretty well in plain sight.

Lack of competence in filing declarations is, admittedly, not the best way to draw a distinction between him and Johnson...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/13/keir-starmer-faces-inquiry-over-alleged-breaches-of-mps-code-of-conduct
    ...He was paid an £18,000 advance by the publisher HarperCollins, which he has pledged to donate to charity.

The latest register of MPs’ interests show several entries were added recently by Starmer: the book fee for one to five hours’ work a week since March 2020 received in April, and tickets for two football matches worth more than £2,000 received in March and April.

Stone often does not uphold allegations against MPs – dismissing 10 of those referred to her for investigation in the last parliamentary session....
  • Options
    Alphabet_SoupAlphabet_Soup Posts: 2,749
    eek said:

Alistair said:

Maybe someone who bought a Tesla, now reduced to driving a minicab to make ends meet? It could happen to the best of us.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If the complaint were to be upheld, that would of course be a very different matter.

Which would solve any Starmer problem.
  • Options
    Dpuble lol at Celsius. They not just frozen withdrawls but all crypto management. So now people are being liquidated on their Clesius loans as they cannot transfer money they have in Celsius to meet the margin call that Celsius is making.

Just incredible.
  • Options

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?
    The grammar police are a well staffed group round here.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,092
    Nigelb said:

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?
    Is a? :)

• Options
    While this is for supporting the Russian invasion, you can see why Johnson might find Zelensky attractive...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hromadske/status/1536319325019201537
    On June 13, the Eighth Administrative Court of Appeal in Lviv banned the Socialists party. All property of the political force will be transferred to state ownership, @chesno_movement reports.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards for hiding freebies and income is about as serious as it gets isn’t it? ...
    Not really, particularly when the income he's accused of hiding is pretty well in plain sight.

Lack of competence in filing declarations is, admittedly, not the best way to draw a distinction between him and Johnson...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/13/keir-starmer-faces-inquiry-over-alleged-breaches-of-mps-code-of-conduct
    ...He was paid an £18,000 advance by the publisher HarperCollins, which he has pledged to donate to charity.

The latest register of MPs’ interests show several entries were added recently by Starmer: the book fee for one to five hours’ work a week since March 2020 received in April, and tickets for two football matches worth more than £2,000 received in March and April.

Stone often does not uphold allegations against MPs – dismissing 10 of those referred to her for investigation in the last parliamentary session....
    'Several entries added recently' and hes written to Stone to apologise for late declarations.
    In todays chicken and egg, which came first, the declarations or the investigation?
    The answer to that might decide the outcome/tone of any resolution.

Really stupid to portray him as Mr Rules when he's so bad at following them in a timely fashion. Makes minor breaches seem so much more than they probably are.

• Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,391

eek said:

Alistair said:

Maybe someone who bought a Tesla, now reduced to driving a minicab to make ends meet? It could happen to the best of us.
    A non-trivial number of London minicab drivers have told me they were going for a Model 3 for their next car. This was before the fuel price rises recently.

Apparently if you buy an electric vehicle via your business you can (could) get some serious discounts/tax rebates.
  • Options

Binance is Tether and https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1536317704990208000

CZ 🔶 Binance
    @cz_binance
    Temporary pause of $BTC withdrawals on #Binance due to a stuck transaction causing a backlog. Should be fixed in ~30 minutes. Will update.

Funds are SAFU.
    1:00 PM · Jun 13, 2022·Twitter Web App
  • Options

eek said:

Alistair said:

A non-trivial number of London minicab drivers have told me they were going for a Model 3 for their next car. This was before the fuel price rises recently.

Apparently if you buy an electric vehicle via your business you can (could) get some serious discounts/tax rebates.
    Yep

Full allowance of purchase price against tax in the first year (saving say £10k in Corporation tax).
    2% Company car tax

• Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,796
    edited June 2022
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

I have just ordered a new Honda Jazz, delivery this August.

VW have a lot of delivery problems, as their wiring looms came from the Donbas.
    Good luck.
    We ordered a Toyota with a May delivery date in Feb. Then put back to August, Now 31st October, according to the latest message from the garage.
    Can't say we are too bothered as the value of our existing car seems to be keep going up in the meantime.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,718
    theProle said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Only works if the range is sufficient for a day's work, which probably depends a lot on the location where it's based - if its in traffic all day, the range might be sufficient, if its running up and down a motorway the driver is going to be spending time and money on expensive fast charging (as far as I can gather, running an EV from the commercial charging network doesn't really save you much compared to running an ICE vehicle).

I would have thought a hybrid with a big battery would work out better for the average cabbie.
    A Tesla long range can do 360 miles, I don't know how many miles a typical taxi in Edinburgh does per day but I would imagine that it generally doesn't involve much motorway driving.
    Apparently a 15 minute break would allow it to add 200 miles on a Tesla Supercharger.
    https://electrek.co/2021/11/03/how-long-does-it-take-to-charge-a-tesla/

Edinburgh has a low emission zone, so a Tesla would be a good choice for a taxi. The total cost of ownership for an electric vehicle is already quite competitive.
  • Options
    eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Yep

Full allowance of purchase price against tax in the first year (saving say £10k in Corporation tax).
    2% Company car tax

A relative got a Tesla Model X (which he hates - wanted an S, but She Who Must Be Obeyed....) for his company vehicle. Says that it worked out as costing about as much a month as Mini!
  • Options

Nigelb said:

'Several entries added recently' and hes written to Stone to apologise for late declarations.
    In todays chicken and egg, which came first, the declarations or the investigation?

Really stupid to portray him as Mr Rules when he's so bad at following them in a timely fashion. Makes minor breaches seem so much more than they probably are.

I don't disagree.
    I was taking issue with @MoonRabbit 's slightly hyperbolic "about as serious as it gets...".
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,796

eek said:

Alistair said:

I get a lot of taxi's. Seen a lot of Toyota hybrids that have done 250k+ miles. I can't see it working out the same way for EV's like Tesla's, but what do I know.

Diesel must be completely finished looking at fuel prices.
  • Options

theProle said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

A Tesla long range can do 360 miles, I don't know how many miles a typical taxi in Edinburgh does per day but I would imagine that it generally doesn't involve much motorway driving.
    Apparently a 15 minute break would allow it to add 200 miles on a Tesla Supercharger.

Edinburgh has a low emission zone, so a Tesla would be a good choice for a taxi. The total cost of ownership for an electric vehicle is already quite competitive.
    Taxis do low mileage per day - in London, cabbies have told me that they do something like a 100 miles on a good day.

The black cab driver who was driving an electric black cab, told me he charged overnight at home, drove into London, did his work, drove back.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?

Also an ill disciplined bunch.
  • Options

eek said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Yep

2% Company car tax

A relative got a Tesla Model X (which he hates - wanted an S, but She Who Must Be Obeyed....) for his company vehicle. Says that it worked out as costing about as much a month as Mini!
    https://insights.leaseplan.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/LeasePlan-White-paper_TCO-of-EVs.pdf
  • Options

theProle said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

If anyone is interested in the charging technology, would recommend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZOuz_laH9I&ab_channel=TechnologyConnections
  • Options
    eek said:

Alistair said:

I was thinking more about the deprecation rather than then running costs.
  • Options
    darkage said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

I get a lot of taxi's. Seen a lot of Toyota hybrids that have done 250k+ miles. I can't see it working out the same way for EV's like Tesla's, but what do I know.

"The lifespan of current Tesla car batteries ranges from 300,000-500,000 miles. This differs depending on the type of Tesla model as well as factors such as the owner’s driving habits, the environment, software updates, etc."
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

I don't disagree.
    I was taking issue with @MoonRabbit 's slightly hyperbolic "about as serious as it gets...".
    He has self inflated the seriousness with his bloviating on integrity but yeah agreed, its not the whitechapel murders.
    He appears desperate to impale hinself on something, anything.
    Maybe minor rule transgressions are flagellation for those with integrity.
  • Options

Endillion said:

Alistair said:

For comparison, this one looks rather different.

The real hedge of US inflation:

https://twitter.com/tracyalloway/status/1536321790292656133
  • Options
    darkage said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

What the mini cab drivers who were switching said was -

- The tax stuff reduced the *cost* of buying a Model 3 to the cost of Prius.
    - If they got a Model 3, they could get premium work. People will pay a bit more for an electric cab etc.
    - The running costs were much lower.

There have been a number of Teslas that have done crazy mileage. https://insideevs.com/news/559261/tesla-models-p85-1500000-kilometers/
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,998
    darkage said:

I can buy E90/F30 330d and 335d for about half of what they where going for 2 years ago. I mean I don't want to but I can.
  • Options
    You can’t unilaterally amend an international treaty by changing domestic law. If you could there’d be no point in having treaties. It get to the heart of the difference between two ideas of Brexit.

Thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/garvanwalshe/status/1536243719380295685

His further comment that Boris won the election with a "type of May's Brexit" is excellent trolling.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Depreciation is a running cost. And given that a 13,000 mile Ioniq 5 is on autotrader for more than list price I don't think depreciation is an issue in the current market.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Dpuble lol at Celsius. They not just frozen withdrawls but all crypto management. So now people are being liquidated on their Clesius loans as they cannot transfer money they have in Celsius to meet the margin call that Celsius is making.

Just incredible.

Welcome to deregulated finance.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,225
    eek said:

Alistair said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Depreciation is a running cost. And given that a 13,000 mile Ioniq 5 is on autotrader for more than list price I don't think depreciation is an issue in the current market.
    Yeah - what depreciation? Bought a 21k mile 68 plate Outlander PHEV in April last year for £21,500. I've now doubled the mileage and its still worth £19,500. Had I done 10k miles instead of 20k it would be worth the same as I paid for it. Makes a change from cars depreciating like a brick flies.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965

England 4/11
    Wales 6/1
    USA 7/1
    Iran 20/1

USA is the value there I reckon.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,300
    Dura_Ace said:

darkage said:

I can buy E90/F30 330d and 335d for about half of what they where going for 2 years ago. I mean I don't want to but I can.
    What is wrong with them, out of interest?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,382
    darkage said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Prius was the hybrid of choice for the London minicab game but Toyota seems to have stopped making them. I was going to add something about exemption from the congestion charge but a quick glance at the rules suggests any recent ICE car is exempt from the proposed London-wide ulez scheme so I'm a bit confused.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,225
    A Tesla Model Y would make a brilliant taxi:
    All day range
    Bags of space
    Available in a few months
    Minimal maintenance
  • Options

A Tesla Model Y would make a brilliant taxi:
    All day range
    Bags of space
    Available in a few months
    Minimal maintenance

Aren't they the preferred taxi in the Netherlands - seemed to be plenty of them when I was there last (er, pre-pandemic, jeez....).
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,973
    Dura_Ace said:

darkage said:

What are the Porsche macan3 litre v6 diesels like.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,734
    edited June 2022
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?

ill-disciplined, surely ...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,435
    dixiedean said:

England 4/11
    Wales 6/1
    USA 7/1
    Iran 20/1

Whilst the odds on Iran's are Shi'ite.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,998
    TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

darkage said:

Nobody wants to be lumbered with an older diesel, particularly the higher power models that run insane rail pressures (2700 bar in the 335d!) and a lot of boost.

They are great long distance cars though (until they go wrong) but are an evolutionary dead end.
  • Options
    'I need to speak to my office'......

Burn everything! Burn it all. They are coming. And somebody order me a beer and a fucking korma
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?

Pettifogging, too.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

England 4/11
    Wales 6/1
    USA 7/1
    Iran 20/1

Perhaps. Wales are great going forwards but their defence is not world class. England are the best team in the group but have a recent goal drought. Still, no rush.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Dura_Ace said:

TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

darkage said:

Nobody wants to be lumbered with an older diesel, particularly the higher power models that run insane rail pressures (2700 bar in the 335d!) and a lot of boost.

They are great long distance cars though (until they go wrong) but are an evolutionary dead end.
    tyvm

Edit: I mean of course I had to google what you said....but much appreciated.

Edit x2: having googled it I am equally obviously none the wiser but I am taking my information from the tone of your post.

Edit x 3: plus you did use some English so there is that.
  • Options
    UK’s biggest GP chain replacing doctors with less qualified staff
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61759643

Plot-twist: it was Labour that allowed substitution of doctors with so-called "physician associates" and it was Labour that allowed American chains to buy up GP practices (but don't call it privatisation).
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,997
    So Starmer cannot even get the basics right.

His USP - his only USP - is that he is neither Johnson nor Corbyn.

Yet he cannot even get the basics correct. A big-brained lawyer who is under whether he broke the law in Durham. Who cannot even follow the rules on donations.

And getting £1,400 tickets to a football match does not make him appear one of the people, either.

If this had been Johnson, then Starmer would be calling on him to resign. Because that is his shtick. And given that's his shtick, he should be clever enough to ensure he follows the rules to the letter.

Is he just a hollow shell?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,435
    Sandpit said:

Alistair said:

Just incredible.

Welcome to deregulated finance.
    I am shocked.
  • Options

Yet he cannot even get the basics correct. A big-brained lawyer who is under whether he broke the law in Durham. Who cannot even follow the rules on donations.

And getting £1,400 tickets to a football match does not make him appear one of the people, either.

If this had been Johnson, then Starmer would be calling on him to resign. Because that is his shtick. And given that's his shtick, he should be clever enough to ensure he follows the rules to the letter.

Boris has more than once been guilty of late declaration of income. If Starmer did call on him to resign, it did not work. For instance:-
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47854338
  • Options

By tonight he will have told us up and down the country people are worried about CoL not his office admin procedures. Or rather Wes and Angie will have tweeted it, and standards in public life will be yesterdays burning issue
  • Options
    Starmer you twat I think the time has come to move over. Bring on *checks own bf account* Wes or Angela or Jess or Dan.

How is a non-MP favourite. Just shows the parlous state of the Opposition atm. EdBalls at 230s looks value on that basis. And therefore I've just put a few quid on him.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    Phil said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Stop start low speed traffic is perfect for electric cars, especially with regenerative braking.
    Ideal for anyone who regularly drives on the M6 anywhere south of Preston, then.
  • Options
    darkage said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Dubai taxis regularly do 1m km in three years. I think the highest one I’ve seen is 1.3m. The city is long and thin, and the roads are all fast. Almost all Toyota Camry hybrids, although a few Kias and Hyundais starting to join them in the last year or two.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,734
    Nigelb said:

Carnyx said:

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Keystone said:

Are you a cop?

Pettifogging, too.
    You should see my collaborators ...

• Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,630
    Standing in the queue at Lisbon Airport passport control in a f***ing big hall. A snake with about 40 turns and each length of about 25 people. So ball park 1000 people. Wasn't like this during the pandemic. EU gates empty.

Thanks Boris.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,817
    eek said:

Alistair said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

Absolutely.
    My 2-year-old eniro is worth nearly as much as its list price today.
    Apparently the expected impact on battery life just hasn't been seen.

(By the way - forgot to thank you for helping preserve the T&S for PSCs. Really very much obliged (I'm very fortunate that my route all the way to the end-client is not doing the sane thing but are actually jumping through the legislative hoops properly. And I wouldn't be surprised if, had we lost T&S, we'd also have lost company car privileges as well, so many thanks for that as well!)
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Boris has more than once been guilty of late declaration of income. If Starmer did call on him to resign, it did not work. For instance:-
    Right. But every time SKS is caught doing something like something Boris has been criticised for - even if a lesser variant - it adds to the "they're all the same" narrative that SKS is desperate to avoid.
    And, of course, hypocrites are usually judged more harshly.
    'Im different'
    Yeah yeah, jog on son
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,973
    kjh said:

Standing in the queue at Lisbon Airport passport control in a f***ing big hall. A snake with about 40 turns and each length of about 25 people. So ball park 1000 people. Wasn't like this during the pandemic. EU gates empty.

Thanks Boris.

Fair queue at Malaga at weekend but went through quick.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Thanks Boris.

Is Boris responsible for the staff at Lisbon Airport?

How long did the queue take?
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,630
    edited June 2022

kjh said:

Thanks Boris.

Still in it after an hour. Tried to send picture but failed. I thought I knew how to but obviously not.

Every single non EU gate (10) is open so can't see how they can do it quicker. There are only 4 EU gates but they are empty. We were spoilt previously.

There are a hell of a lot of Americans here.
  • Options
    BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,725
    edited June 2022
    kjh said:

kjh said:

Thanks Boris.

Still in it after an hour. Tried to send picture but failed. I thought I knew how to but obviously not.
    Ouch, hope it gets better for you soon. Enjoy your holiday (or work if that's why you're there).

If it makes you feel any better, you'll probably still get through security quicker there than at Manchester Airport.
  • Options
    kjh said:

kjh said:

Thanks Boris.

setup an account on https://imgur.com or similar and upload it to there. then embedded a link?
  • Options
    Oh I see we're back to "Starmer is crap" again, one bad poll and you can predict the response on here.

If Starmer wishes to go I'm quite relaxed, Labour has good options unlike the Tories.
  • Options

That's irrelevant. We know Johnson's either a careless or uncaring fool when it comes to such things. Starmer is *supposed* to be better.

People will look at this and see there is little difference between the two. Which is a shame, as there is. But the optics of this are terrible.
  • Options

Oh I see we're back to "Starmer is crap" again, one bad poll and you can predict the response on here.

If Starmer wishes to go I'm quite relaxed, Labour has good options unlike the Tories.

Good options? The favourite for next leader is not even an MP FFS.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    kjh said:

Thanks Boris.

Well you could always enjoy a British resort like Torquay or Southend or Skegness post Brexit. You don't have to holiday in the EU, the weather looks good here this week and no passport control queues either
  • Options

I'm not saying Starmer's cr@p, and my comment's nothing to do with polling. It's to do with the fact that Starmer's not only missing open goals, he's kicking balls into his own net.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    I wonder what happens if Tether falls? Does the whole crypto market just break down? I'm not a domain expert, would be interested to hear from @rcs1000 and @edmundintokyo on it.
This discussion has been closed.