Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What do Tory MPs think about this? – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,019
edited June 2022 in General
What do Tory MPs think about this? – politicalbetting.com

NEW: Boris Johnson has watered down the ministerial code – allowing ministers to break the rules without resigning – and blocked a bid to give his ethics advisor the power to investigate him… https://t.co/IlDvkqbhSX

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    Carnyx said:

Foxy said:

In other news:

Boris Johnson speaking to Bloomberg, saying Putin needs to be given a way to back down on Ukraine -- "So he's able to withdraw with dignity and honour".

https://twitter.com/BakerLuke/status/1530138334500204544?t=PI1b6VmD8bTCUaTAHKDTSA&s=19

If anyone believes that this is a fair representation of the PM's words after watching the whole video, then their brains are contorted by Boris hatred.

vid here - https://twitter.com/BloombergUK/status/1530129893048078336
    I freely confess to voting for the Tories in 2019, but now I hate Boris's guts.
    What the **** did you expect? Oh, Sunil!
    Fuck Business Boris! :lol:
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379
    edited May 2022
    Missing from the header: any mention of why the change was made.

But I guess it's too important that opposition politicians should be able to demand ministers' resignations for the most trivial of perceived transgressions.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,111
    Fpt for @carnyx

The Saronic Gulf, indeed. As you can also see, Plastic Bag Lady is alive and well

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2022
    No matter what the government spends, its never enough....

BBC News - Cost of living: Is the government package really worth £37bn?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61594553

It conveniently ignores that 25bn is going to be spent uprating benefits to oldies etc (if that is a good use of money is a different matter).
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,781
    Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

The Saronic Gulf, indeed. As you can also see, Plastic Bag Lady is alive and well

Has she still got the orange in her mouth?
  • Options
    Applicant said:

But I guess it's too important that opposition politicians should be able to demand ministers' resignations for the most trivial of perceived transgressions.

It has worked well for quite a long time, until this clown came into office. I have to congratulate you though, you must have a super thick skin and very flexible morals to be such an unapologetic apologist for Boris Johnson
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

Are you 100% certain she is still alive?
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Applicant said:

It has worked well for quite a long time, until this clown came into office. I have to congratulate you though, you must have a super thick skin and very flexible morals to be such an unapologetic apologist for Boris Johnson
    When a politician is in a no-win situation, it's only fair to point that out.

He's done plenty of bad things. Implementing a recommendation from the Committee on Standards in Public Life is not one of them.
  • Options

It conveniently ignores that 25bn is going to be spent uprating benefits to oldies etc (if that is a good use of money is a different matter).

Quite a few of them seem to be already utilising it and are all on a coach with @Leon
  • Options

Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

She keeps lifting up the bag to quickly eat sunflower seeds

I suspect she is an expert virologist who understand viruses are remarkably polite, and always refrain from attacking you if you are snacking
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

He's done plenty of bad things. Implementing a recommendation from the Committee on Standards in Public Life is not one of them.
    What if it is a dumb recommendation? Someone with a modicum of decency might say, "hey that's not going to look good". But not your idol, oh no, he will endorse it with complete reckless abandon.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Rory the (ex)Tory wants to get back into politics.

Boris' ex-colleague says he is a disgrace & considers return to politics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZslHXbAuI
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,977
    On topic, while, in context and given the Committee's Report, the changes are understandable, it's damn silly time to announce them.
    They also seem to go further than the Committee recommended.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

I suspect she is an expert virologist who understand viruses are remarkably polite, and always refrain from attacking you if you are snacking
    Well we all know you couldn't catch covid if you left the pub before 10pm and eat Scotch Eggs with your pint...
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

Are you sure she isn't just someone with a beekeeper fetish?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,693

Is that with the allegedly new Blair-Davidson party? I can't see it happening with the Tories in their current state of degeneration from Conservatism.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

What if it is a dumb recommendation? Someone with a modicum of decency might say, "hey that's not going to look good". But not your idol
    I stopped reading there.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,775

Interviewed by a guy in a baseball cap. What on earth is he thinking.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    edited May 2022
    MPs belatedly pushed back when he tried to sabotage the standards regime to save Paterson, but they seem to have been worn down by now. I also don't think it is a sensible recommendation whoever made it - as the government itself has done many times, the Committee on Standards in Public Life don't always get it right, indeed the government has rejected most of its recommendations on ethics in local government. Very dismissively in fact. It should be considered, but some dismissals are reasonable, even if many are not.

When people are in such high profile and powerful positions, it is not unfair or unreasonable to hold them to a very high standard, such that, yes, a minor breach should mean resignation. If it was indeed minor, and they are contrite and have learned something, they can always be brought back after a time.

Anything else is a whinge that the most powerful people in the country are being held to high standards, when they asked to be placed in positions of such power, and that whinge should not be given any weight.
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

What if it is a dumb recommendation? Someone with a modicum of decency might say, "hey that's not going to look good". But not your idol
    I stopped reading there.
    I understand. Boris Johnson apologists generally have difficulty with paying attention beyond a few seconds.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I understand. Boris Johnson apologists
    There he goes again.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

Are you sure she isn't just someone with a beekeeper fetish?
    Sadly not. We had a break an hour ago at a service station. She was incredibly cautious getting off the bus and then made sure she was 20 foot away from anyone else at all times

Driven mad by covid panto. It is rather pitiful. She sums up the madness of the last two and a half years, really
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Pebbles, 22, unseats TobyKeith the chihuahua as world’s oldest dog

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/may/27/worlds-oldest-dog-pebbles-tobykeith

The USA, where a dog can live as long as three Texas schoolchildren combined. 'Murca.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,284

Actually the 25 billion is over and above the 37 billion, 22 billion in Spring and 15 billion yesterday made up the 37 billion
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,916
    Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

Maybe she won her head at a fairground and is waiting to get home to put it in a goldfish bowl?
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
  • Options
    BlancheLivermoreBlancheLivermore Posts: 5,219

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I understand. Boris Johnson apologists generally have difficulty with paying attention beyond a few seconds.
    Scholz apologists, on the other hand..
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,333
    I've been away at Hay for a couple of days so slightly out of touch, but I don't think we've seen any polls since the Sunak statement? It's had an enthusiastic welcome to the point that the BBC could hardly be bothere dto dig up a critic, though they eventually found a backbench Tory.

Given that, we should expect a Tory bounce. Whether it's substantial and lasts more than a couple of days will tell us a lot about whether the Labour leads have been frothy midterm stuff or voters are quietly determined to remove the Tories from office, even when they do something that people mostly like. What do we expect? My guess is a Labour lead down to 1-2. points for now, recovering to 4-5 after a few days.

On other news, to please TSE and others, I'm going with a friend to the Abba event tomorrow. Will report back!
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Well, if you include a lie after one second, there isn't any need to go any further, is there? Do keep up, old chap.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    I would love to do a little psychological study on those that are susceptible to siding with or believing Boris Johnson and those in Russia that believe that Russia is carrying out a "special military operation" and "denazifying" Ukraine. Psychological profiling and surveying could be done to discover how much is actually down to just being genuinely gullible and how much is down to living in a state with restricted media. It would be quite fascinating.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    boulay said:

Leon said:

Fpt for @carnyx

Maybe she won her head at a fairground and is waiting to get home to put it in a goldfish bowl?
    Or she's a Futurama fan?
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    I would love to do a little psychological study on those that are susceptible to siding with or believing Boris Johnson and those in Russia that believe that Russia is carrying out a "special military operation" and "denazifying" Ukraine. Psychological profiling and surveying could be done to discover how much is actually down to just being genuinely gullible and how much is down to living in a state with restricted media. It would be quite fascinating.
    Or, NOT fascinating. As the case may be
  • Options
    Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Well, each to their own. If I were carrying out the survey I would need to put caveats for unconscious bias of my own, which in anything to do with Johnson would need to be considerable.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,574
    Applicant said:

And who suggested the removal of any reference to integrity ?
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I am not an apologist for him. The German nation has moved form being a militaristic nation to a pacifist one. You are clearly too dim to realise this and make sweeping generalisations and judgements based on childish anti-German prejudice.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Well, each to their own. If I were carrying out the survey I would need to put caveats for unconscious bias of my own, which in anything to do with Johnson would need to be considerable.
    Those caveats could form the basis of a more interesting study into the real phenomenon of Boris Derangement Syndrome.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

A quick Ctrl-F finds a reference to integrity.

But in any case, all the headlines seem to be about the introduction of lesser sanctions than removal from office...
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,808
    edited May 2022
    What looks like a solid EU plan to facilitate Ukranian grain exports, via customs easing, priority access to EU ports (Gdansk being central), priority for Ukranian grain trains on the EU network and priority access to silo capacity. Should help get this year's harvest on the move, though with a majority of the oblasts with the highest grain production* being under some degree of or close to Russian occupation, next year's harvest must be a grave concern.

* Odessa, Mykolaiv, Kherson, Zaporzhzhia, Dnipro, Kharkiv, Luhansk
  • Options

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Those caveats could form the basis of a more interesting study into the real phenomenon of Boris Derangement Syndrome.
    Is that a syndrome that causes someone to be a ludicrously extreme Europhile at one time and then a frothing swivel-eyed antiforeigner EU-phobe the next?
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I am not an apologist for him. The German nation has moved form being a militaristic nation to a pacifist one. You are clearly too dim to realise this and make sweeping generalisations and judgements based on childish anti-German prejudice.
    Ok Nigelforgermanappeasementpolicies.
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

But in any case, all the headlines seem to be about the introduction of lesser sanctions than removal from office...
    I see you have adopted the Johnsonian quibble.
    Who recommended the rather brutal changes to the foreward ?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/27/boris-johnson-changes-ministerial-code-to-remove-need-to-resign-over-breaches.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    Oh dear. Playground stuff. If you want to debate with the grownups you ought to wait until you have graduated to senior school.
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    Another letter into Sir Graham Brady.

https://twitter.com/neill_bob/status/1530220000560263171
  • Options
    You can see where this is heading...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffSharlet/status/1529930193481220110
    The governor of Oklahoma, who just signed a bill banning abortion, period, is being primaried by another Republican who says life begins *before* conception. Yes, you read that right.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/27/boris-johnson-changes-ministerial-code-to-remove-need-to-resign-over-breaches.
    If you're reliant on changes to the foreword which, being the foreword, isn't even part of the Code itself...

Really, this looks like an attept to complain about literally everything he does in the hope that something sticks. It risks looking like crying wolf. Focus on the actual wolf.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Use of the expression {Foo} Derangement Syndrome is by a country mile the biggest wankerdom indicator on the internet.

And the rewriting of the code is the least interesting thing about this story.

'In his introduction to the previous edition of the ministerial code, the Prime Minister said ministers must "uphold the very highest standards of propriety" - words that have been removed from the revamped edition.

The new introduction says the code should "guide my ministers on how they should act and arrange their affairs".

And the foreword no longer explicitly mentions the seven Nolan principles of public life - integrity, objectivity, accountability, transparency, honesty and leadership in the public interest.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-waters-down-ethics-27083430

nothing there to give you a moment's pause?
  • Options

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Is that a syndrome that causes someone to be a ludicrously extreme Europhile at one time and then a frothing swivel-eyed antiforeigner EU-phobe the next?
    Not saying that this is where William Glenn is coming from but I’m sure there is a sizeable subset of people who truly believed that being in the EU was best for Britain (in our interests foremost and what is best for Britain is best) and so were very anti leaving but at the same time they believed that the UK could “change” the EU from within to be more like the UK.

Therefore it’s not necessarily unlikely that there are anti-Brexit people who view the UK as the best, foreigners less so and thus wanted to stay in but now we are out then we are out so their views on other Europeans are still “anti” but more obvious as we aren’t part of the club anymore so don’t have to subsume those feelings for the greater good.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    Oh dear. Playground stuff. If you want to debate with the grownups you ought to wait until you have graduated to senior school.
    It'll take some more effort to convince me that you're a grown up. You resort to crude expletive laden abuse at such a low threshold; you remind me of the stupidest children at school.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,120
    Be sure that whatever Tory MPs do will be based on their perception of pure personal advantage, not on anything to do with principle.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,957
    Three NW hospitals declare critical incidents due to IT failures.
  • Options
    boulay said:

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Not saying that this is where William Glenn is coming from but I’m sure there is a sizeable subset of people who truly believed that being in the EU was best for Britain (in our interests foremost and what is best for Britain is best) and so were very anti leaving but at the same time they believed that the UK could “change” the EU from within to be more like the UK.

Therefore it’s not necessarily unlikely that there are anti-Brexit people who view the UK as the best, foreigners less so and thus wanted to stay in but now we are out then we are out so their views on other Europeans are still “anti” but more obvious as we aren’t part of the club anymore so don’t have to subsume those feelings for the greater good.
    A kind of xenophobic British exceptionalist Remainer? I guess it is an interesting possibility that such people might exist.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

The governor of Oklahoma, who just signed a bill banning abortion, period, is being primaried by another Republican who says life begins *before* conception. Yes, you read that right.

WTF !
  • Options
    RH1992 said:
    He's on PM right now.
    Basically says constituents' feedback.
    An outbreak of BDS on his patch?
  • Options
    Chris said:

Be sure that whatever Tory MPs do will be based on their perception of pure personal advantage, not on anything to do with principle.

Total nonsense. There are plenty of honourable people on both sides of the house.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,114

Worth bearing in mind, £37 billion is the bung given by Government to Hinkley C.....

Just for context on government largesse.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    Use of the expression {Foo} Derangement Syndrome is by a country mile the biggest wankerdom indicator on the internet.

And the rewriting of the code is the least interesting thing about this story.

'In his introduction to the previous edition of the ministerial code, the Prime Minister said ministers must "uphold the very highest standards of propriety" - words that have been removed from the revamped edition.

The new introduction says the code should "guide my ministers on how they should act and arrange their affairs".

And the foreword no longer explicitly mentions the seven Nolan principles of public life - integrity, objectivity, accountability, transparency, honesty and leadership in the public interest.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-waters-down-ethics-27083430

nothing there to give you a moment's pause?
    It's also the co-incidence of the two things.
    The foreword gives an indication of how the PM will interpret the new code.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    Please. It goes back to Plato:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-existence
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    It'll take some more effort to convince me that you're a grown up. You resort to crude expletive laden abuse at such a low threshold; you remind me of the stupidest children at school.
    I have always enjoyed a good expletive. A prudish disdain for it only shows your lack of class and style that fits well with your low intellect excuses for xenophobia.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,651
    YouGov poll on the horizon:

Looks like these tweets have been taken down for breaking an embargo, but I got a screenshot so will just post them here.

Why? Because if you deliberately try to line your poll up to release at the same time as ours to spike us, I will be petty.

https://twitter.com/chriscurtis94/status/1530220695313166337
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

If you're reliant on changes to the foreword which, being the foreword, isn't even part of the Code itself...

Really, this looks like an attept to complain about literally everything he does in the hope that something sticks. It risks looking like crying wolf. Focus on the actual wolf.
    It is also the only thing which is Johnson's own, personal, non-collaborative output, you dork. And it is utterly astonishing. Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue, to quote a posh French bloke I can guarantee you have never heard of, and Boris can no longer even be arsed to pay that homage.
  • Options

Chris said:

Total nonsense. There are plenty of honourable people on both sides of the house.
    "So are they all, all honorable men ..."
  • Options
    Chris said:

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    Yes, makes complete sense to codify it in present day law.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Chris said:

"So are they all, all honorable men ..."
    Most definitely not. Good and bad in all parties. Most of them have gone into parliament for honourable reasons, albeit with a certain amount of ego and self-aggrandisement.
  • Options

Looks like these tweets have been taken down for breaking an embargo, but I got a screenshot so will just post them here.

Why? Because if you deliberately try to line your poll up to release at the same time as ours to spike us, I will be petty.

Bloody good stuff, Tories lose all but 3 of 88 battleground seats, incl Uxbridge.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.
    How do you arrive at the conclusion that I'm anti-foreigner?

Now that I think of it, your attitude is very similar to those Germans who looked down on anyone who disagreed with rapprochement with Russia and saw it as a low-status opinion only held by people who read tabloids like Bild. In your case, you associate any criticism of Germany with "two World Wars and one World Cup" football chants and think disagreeing with it is a mark of sophistication. Where disagreement isn't possible, you think a good cosmopolitan should just maintain a dignified silence lest they whip up anti-foreigner sentiment.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Chris said:

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    The bit on Buddhism in that wiki is spectacularly from one tradition only. It uses the word "soul". Suspect written by a Christian. No such concept.
    But that's enough pedantry.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I have always enjoyed a good expletive. A prudish disdain for it only shows your lack of class and style that fits well with your low intellect excuses for xenophobia.
    I swore at you in German in reply on the last thread. And I'll do it again; Schwanzlutscher.

Your crass rants are really low powered. As I said, you remind me of the stupid children from when I was at school.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Chris said:

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    Yes, makes complete sense to codify it in present day law.
    That's a different question, of course. But I think the implication of the post I was replying to was "how could anyone believe anything so stupid?". That was just a reflection of ignorance.
  • Options

boulay said:

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.

A kind of xenophobic British exceptionalist Remainer? I guess it is an interesting possibility that such people might exist.
    Do you not think that these people do not exist in other EU countries? You don’t think there are French people who love the EU but looked down on the UK and felt they could shape the EU to be more French for example?

Or does every pro EU person in the EU love and praise all actions by other member states?
  • Options

Obvs the grumpiness has spread from PB this afternoon.

*checks clock and remembers there is some NZ white in the fridge*
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,651
    Tax or slash - Scots could face tax hikes or cuts to services to tackle £3.5bn deficit

Finance secretary Kate Forbes is facing the choice of either raising taxes or cutting funding for services to reverse a projected multi-billion pound deficit in Scotland’s finances, the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has warned.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/tax-or-slash-scots-could-face-tax-hikes-or-cuts-to-services-to-tackle-ps35bn-deficit-3712228
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,590

boulay said:

Leon said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    There he goes again.
    Oh, only one second.

I always had the impression lots of people wanted the UK to remain in the EU in order to make the EU more like the UK.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

Nigelb said:

Applicant said:

It is also the only thing which is Johnson's own, personal, non-collaborative output
    Indeed, and it disappears as soon as he is replaced, which if people would stop being obsessed by trivialities might actually happen this side of the general election - or the autumn.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    *momentarily confused at the idea of packs of hounds for hunting Patagonian foxes*
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Chris said:

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    The bit on Buddhism in that wiki is spectacularly from one tradition only. It uses the word "soul". Suspect written by a Christian. No such concept.
    But that's enough pedantry.
    Not at all. Going from "What the Fuck?" to "But that's only one tradition of Buddhism" is a definite advance.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    I swore at you in German in reply on the last thread. And I'll do it again; Schwanzlutscher.

Your crass rants are really low powered. As I said, you remind me of the stupid children from when I was at school.
    If I am one of those stupid children you must have had the pointy hat on with a D on it because I don't think any impartial observer would think you are winning this exchange
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.

If I am one of those stupid children you must have had the pointy hat on with a D on it because I don't think any impartial observer would think you are winning this exchange
    The one which started with you throwing a "fuck yourself" hissy fit on the last thread because I called you Nigelforgermany?

You winner.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,105
    Nigelb said:

Yes, I have seen The Handmaid's Tale.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    Ah, the famously badly camouflaged Russian Tank.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.

The one which started with you throwing a "fuck yourself" hissy fit on the last thread because I called you Nigelforgermany?

You winner.
    Yea but unlike your bland and dull posts it was an articulate hissy fit, with the expletive thrown in for good measure. If you want to insult people on here expect to be taken to task. As your debating ain't that top rank it might be a good idea to be a little more polite.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,177

Nigelb said:

Every sperm is sacred.
  • Options
    boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    Would have come into its own if they had made it to Picardy.
  • Options
    boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    Pink works surprisingly well in the halflight of dawn in certain environments - hence the RAF reconnaissance Spitfires, and the SAS Land-Rovers. And the Royal Navy ships painted in Mountbatten Pink - or 'Nipple Pink' to the USN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten_pink
    https://www.shipcamouflage.com/4_7.htm
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    Would have come into its own if they had made it to Picardy.
    Or Peppa Pig World.
  • Options
    The drip drip of conservative mps sending in letters will hopefully gain momentum over this holiday period triggering the 54 needed on their return as they mix at various jubilee parties and find out how toxic Boris is

The irony that jubilee parties could see his denouement
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,177
    Carnyx said:

boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.
    Pink works surprisingly well in the halflight of dawn in certain environments - hence the RAF reconnaissance Spitfires, and the SAS Land-Rovers. And the Royal Navy ships painted in Mountbatten Pink - or 'Nipple Pink' to the USN.

‘Twas also the subject of a slightly eccentric scientist who decided flamingoes were pink as camouflage at sunset and sunrise. No idea what they did for the rest of the day, mind.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.

I seem to recall a lot of planes sent to North Africa in WW2 were painted a shade of pink.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,977

Nigelb said:

Every sperm is sacred.
    Even when J Arthur applies?
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,506

Nigelb said:

WTF !
    Sounds a good strategy for 'people' seeking divorce :smile:

Your honour, I demand 19 years of support for the children we have not decided to have yet !
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    edited May 2022
    I think this latest wheeze to change the ministerial code is going to play out badly for Johnson, it whiffs of the attempts to change the rules to save Owen Patterson and we all know how that worked out.

Hopefully it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back but it may well be wishful thinking on my part and the current Tory Party really does have no shame is is going to go the full Trump.
  • Options

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.
    No, that was quite funny, I’m afraid. A clever parody of the German compound noun
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,208

The drip drip of conservative mps sending in letters will hopefully gain momentum over this holiday period triggering the 54 needed on their return as they mix at various jubilee parties and find out how toxic Boris is

I admire your sense of hope @Big_G_NorthWales

I just can't see it happening now.
  • Options
    UnpopularUnpopular Posts: 781
    OllyT said:

I think this latest wheeze to change the ministerial code is going to play out badly for Johnson, it whiffs of the attempts to change the rules to save Owen Patterson and we all know how that worked out.

Hopefully it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back but it may well be wishful thinking on my part and the current Tory Party really does have no shame.

I agree. It certainly should be the final straw.
  • Options
    boulay said:

Carnyx said:

boulay said:

IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Argentinian pink. T -24.

I seem to recall a lot of planes sent to North Africa in WW2 were painted a shade of pink.
    The USAF idea of 'sand'? Yes, I can well believe it, though it might have been the faded 'sand' after some exposure.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

I stopped reading there.

You winner.
    Yea but unlike your bland and dull posts it was an articulate hissy fit, with the expletive thrown in for good measure. If you want to insult people on here expect to be taken to task. As your debating ain't that top rank it might be a good idea to be a little more polite.
    You truly believe that your insipid and floppy rant was articulate? It was as sharp as a half sucked marshmallow.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,506
    Bit of an overly vigorous thread. I'll be in the garden.
  • Options

I admire your sense of hope @Big_G_NorthWales

I just can't see it happening now.
    I can
This discussion has been closed.