Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Lebedev peerage affair looks set to halt the Johnson recovery – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,987
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

nico679 said:

More shameful behaviour from the Home Office led by the vile Patel .

Why is what the rest of Europe doing re visas not good enough for her and no 10 .

When all this crap is going on you choose to criticise Priti Patel? Madness.
    Well if she can't show some humanity "with all this crap going on" then she deserves to be criticised. Doesn't she?
    As you see it.
    Me too.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Ireland is making plans to be ready to accommodate more than 100,000. (1,349 have entered Ireland so far)
    Patel was interviwed today and she said that the scheme only opened yesterday and the home office had received 10,000 applications in the first few hours which were being processed

I do not like Patel but this them against us is tedious especially as we have said we will take 200,000
    You said last week the bad money for influence legislation goes after the Chinese too Big G, not just Russians. Do you want to change that position ahead of tomorrow’s shenanigans in Parliament?
    Not sure what you mean but listening to Starmer today it does seem the legidlstion has been virtually agreed between Boris and himself for tomorrow and it must identify dirty money from anywhere
    What difference do you think this pending legislation will make? Seeing as how Boris Johnson refuses to obey laws that inconvenience him or his government, personally or politically?

These laws actually help his government and I have no doubt they will be enforced if for no other reason public demand and opposition demands

I would just comment in all this cynicism of Boris, Peppa Crerar the mirror journalist most responsible for putting partygate in front of the nation, was very complimentary to Boris this morning saying that he was doing well and leading Britain in a global context
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,793
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

nico679 said:

More shameful behaviour from the Home Office led by the vile Patel .

Why is what the rest of Europe doing re visas not good enough for her and no 10 .

When all this crap is going on you choose to criticise Priti Patel? Madness.
    Well if she can't show some humanity "with all this crap going on" then she deserves to be criticised. Doesn't she?
    As you see it.
    I'm not sure I chose this phrase wisely. What I was sure that I wanted to say is that you can choose your own views and I'd certainly not wish to suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,234

I suspect that after this war is over, Russia will be short of cash and supplies whereas Ukraine will be rebuilt with western money and re-equipped with western weapons.

In 5 or 10 years, Ukraine will make Russia look like a shabby dump by comparison

That's where we went wrong last time.

The Russian people were left to fend for themselves in poverty as we celebrated the decline of the USSR, rewarding the satellite states with NATO and EU membership. The beleaguered Russians then took conselation in a lying sociopath...sorry psychopath. Ironically one that the West lauded as a friend who we could do business with.
    They weren't left on their own - they were given large loans, all kinds of help. What people are now suggesting is that the West should have colonised Russia to stop them making mistakes.

The basic problem was that, in Russia, Imperialist Nationalism was (and is) mainstream. They lost an Empire and still want it.

Go to Hungary, say, and the Greater Hungarian types are laughed at even by some pretty hard core people.
    If you use the term "satellite state" again then you should know that... "I do have a very particular set of skills..."

• Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

I think we maybe worry too much about the fighter jet issue. I see the Ukrainians have got a load more Turkish drones. I'm puzzled as to why we haven't done more for them there.

It is quite possible British and American experienced drone pilots are piloting those drones. How would Russia ever know?
    I'd say that UK and US pilots don't have experience on the particular drone - and I do not know that drone flying skills are *that* much more transferrable than fighter-flying skills.

Plus Ukraine had around 60 TB2s on order, and were in mid-delivery (having had about a third), so they likely had further pilots already in training. I'd say it is more likely that these are the further pilots.

My favourite story on this is the Austro-Hungarians who got fully functioning submarines with experienced crews in WW1 by appointing one officer to be a sort of honorary captain of German submarines they borrowed complete with crew.
    It’s not a drone purchased by UK or US militaries, although it’s clearly a brilliant piece of gap-finding in current airbourne capabilities that both countries should consider buying (and maybe donating or lending to Ukraine).

Getting a TB2 ‘type rating’ for an existing Western drone pilot should be pretty straightforward though, it’s a much simpler, slower and lower aircraft, which of course brings its own advantages and disadvantages in theatre.
    The TB2 seems to be the drone equivalent of the NLAW (and vice versa). Much simpler and cheaper than the pricey, superior but harder-to-use alternatives. Kind of like the Kalashnikov or the T34?

Some weapons are far better for being relatively basic
    On the matter of the NLAW, are there any reports of Ukraine acquiring further stocks beyond the 2,000 supplied by the UK? Given that they are single use disposable weapons, surely Ukraine are going to have quickly exhausted their stock amid intense fighting in the absence of resupply?
    Yes, plentiful evidence that they are being amply resupplied. The NLAWS are, for Ukrainians, the hero weapon of the war, alongside the Turkish drones

Do a Twitter search on "NLAW" and you'll see
    Anything other than on Twitter? There's no reference as yet on Wiki other than an extra 100 arriving from Luxembourg.
    Would NATO countries want to be generous with the resupplies but stingy on taking public credit atm, though? Strikes me that it is something that has both benefits and costs in broadcasting to Putin.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Ireland is making plans to be ready to accommodate more than 100,000. (1,349 have entered Ireland so far)
    Patel was interviwed today and she said that the scheme only opened yesterday and the home office had received 10,000 applications in the first few hours which were being processed

I do not like Patel but this them against us is tedious especially as we have said we will take 200,000
    You said last week the bad money for influence legislation goes after the Chinese too Big G, not just Russians. Do you want to change that position ahead of tomorrow’s shenanigans in Parliament?
    Not sure what you mean but listening to Starmer today it does seem the legidlstion has been virtually agreed between Boris and himself for tomorrow and it must identify dirty money from anywhere
    What difference do you think this pending legislation will make? Seeing as how Boris Johnson refuses to obey laws that inconvenience him or his government, personally or politically?

These laws actually help his government and I have no doubt they will be enforced if for no other reason public demand and opposition demands

I would just comment in all this cynicism of Boris, Peppa Crerar the mirror journalist most responsible for putting partygate in front of the nation, was very complimentary to Boris this morning saying that he was doing well and leading Britain in a global context
    So to ask the question again, if we are doing such a marvellous job why are we refusing Ukrainian refugees? The rest of Europe acts, we refuse but then tell lies about acting.

On one hand we have that traitor Patel saying how marvellous her policy is for refugees. On the other hand we have hard evidence that her Border Force refuse to let almost everyone in. Go away they are told.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,345
    Cicero said:

I suspect that after this war is over, Russia will be short of cash and supplies whereas Ukraine will be rebuilt with western money and re-equipped with western weapons.

In 5 or 10 years, Ukraine will make Russia look like a shabby dump by comparison

That's where we went wrong last time.

The Russian people were left to fend for themselves in poverty as we celebrated the decline of the USSR, rewarding the satellite states with NATO and EU membership. The beleaguered Russians then took conselation in a lying sociopath...sorry psychopath. Ironically one that the West lauded as a friend who we could do business with.
    They weren't left on their own - they were given large loans, all kinds of help. What people are now suggesting is that the West should have colonised Russia to stop them making mistakes.

The basic problem was that, in Russia, Imperialist Nationalism was (and is) mainstream. They lost an Empire and still want it.

Go to Hungary, say, and the Greater Hungarian types are laughed at even by some pretty hard core people.
    If you use the term "satellite state" again then you should know that... "I do have a very particular set of skills..."

"Good luck!" :lol:
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,803
    edited March 2022

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Slightly unfortunate Freudian slip ... it's Pippa Crerar, if I might ...
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,329
    edited March 2022
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

On topic, I’m looking forward to seeing how Starmer deploys the Lebedev affair at PMQs. It could really be the making of him if he manages it right.

This morning he said he was not aware of the detail and it should be referred to the appropriate committee

Seems eminently sensible
    He’s got until Wednesday to grab the detail. He’s a QC so shouldn’t be hard. Really hope he gets it right.
    Appointments have to be approved by the House of Lords Appointment Commission so ultimately they are responsible

https://www.parliament.uk/business/lords/whos-in-the-house-of-lords/members-and-their-roles/how-members-are-appointed/
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,155

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Peppa? Paging Dr Freud….
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047
    What can the Ukrainians do about the shelling of Kharkiv? Are they simply too tied up with Kiev?
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

I think we maybe worry too much about the fighter jet issue. I see the Ukrainians have got a load more Turkish drones. I'm puzzled as to why we haven't done more for them there.

It is quite possible British and American experienced drone pilots are piloting those drones. How would Russia ever know?
    I'd say that UK and US pilots don't have experience on the particular drone - and I do not know that drone flying skills are *that* much more transferrable than fighter-flying skills.

Plus Ukraine had around 60 TB2s on order, and were in mid-delivery (having had about a third), so they likely had further pilots already in training. I'd say it is more likely that these are the further pilots.

My favourite story on this is the Austro-Hungarians who got fully functioning submarines with experienced crews in WW1 by appointing one officer to be a sort of honorary captain of German submarines they borrowed complete with crew.
    It’s not a drone purchased by UK or US militaries, although it’s clearly a brilliant piece of gap-finding in current airbourne capabilities that both countries should consider buying (and maybe donating or lending to Ukraine).

Getting a TB2 ‘type rating’ for an existing Western drone pilot should be pretty straightforward though, it’s a much simpler, slower and lower aircraft, which of course brings its own advantages and disadvantages in theatre.
    The TB2 seems to be the drone equivalent of the NLAW (and vice versa). Much simpler and cheaper than the pricey, superior but harder-to-use alternatives. Kind of like the Kalashnikov or the T34?

On the matter of the NLAW, are there any reports of Ukraine acquiring further stocks beyond the 2,000 supplied by the UK? Given that they are single use disposable weapons, surely Ukraine are going to have quickly exhausted their stock amid intense fighting in the absence of resupply?
    Yes, plentiful evidence that they are being amply resupplied. The NLAWS are, for Ukrainians, the hero weapon of the war, alongside the Turkish drones

Anything other than on Twitter? There's no reference as yet on Wiki other than an extra 100 arriving from Luxembourg.
    Up your google skills. Jeez
    No need for you to up your condescension skills.

Having already searched Google and drawn a blank, I would be delighted then if you would prove me to be a complete prat by providing a link to something that reliably points to copious resupply of NLAWs to the Ukranians.
    @LostPassword linked this below

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/03/04/weapons-access-ukraine/

It is pretty clear, reading between the lines, that NLAWS (and much else) are being resupplied across the border, but for obvious reasons the evidence for this is now much sketchier

But you can find plentiful hints on Twitter. eg

NEXTA@nexta_tv·Mar 4A new large batch of NLAW arrived in #Kyiv💪

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1499827970818646020?s=20&t=Wfff52Cp7zZ2bvjUXHGNIA
    Thales Belfast is apparently quite busy at the moment. Lots of overtime on offer.
    How quickly can Belfast Produce the NLAW?

Is there a risk, if this drags on, that we will have sent all of our available stocks of NLAWs and then the flow will be reduced to what can be produced?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,155

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

On topic, I’m looking forward to seeing how Starmer deploys the Lebedev affair at PMQs. It could really be the making of him if he manages it right.

This morning he said he was not aware of the detail and it should be referred to the appropriate committee

Seems eminently sensible
    He’s got until Wednesday to grab the detail. He’s a QC so shouldn’t be hard. Really hope he gets it right.
    Appointments have to be approved by the House of Lords Appointment Commission so ultimately they are responsible

https://www.parliament.uk/business/lords/whos-in-the-house-of-lords/members-and-their-roles/how-members-are-appointed/
    The charge is that Johnson got the intelligence assessment changed. That had nothing to do with anyone else.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

So to ask the question again, if we are doing such a marvellous job why are we refusing Ukrainian refugees? The rest of Europe acts, we refuse but then tell lies about acting.

On one hand we have that traitor Patel saying how marvellous her policy is for refugees. On the other hand we have hard evidence that her Border Force refuse to let almost everyone in. Go away they are told.
    If there is evidence than Patel must respond and hopefully it will be raised in the HOC tomorrow

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Slightly unfortunate Freudian slip ... it's Pippa Crerar, if I might ...
    That does lighten the mood - trust me to misspell it so spectacularly
  • Options
    FossFoss Posts: 694
    TimT said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Would NATO countries want to be generous with the resupplies but stingy on taking public credit atm, though? Strikes me that it is something that has both benefits and costs in broadcasting to Putin.
    That's how it was in Afganistan.
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Having already searched Google and drawn a blank, I would be delighted then if you would prove me to be a complete prat by providing a link to something that reliably points to copious resupply of NLAWs to the Ukranians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/03/04/weapons-access-ukraine/

It is pretty clear, reading between the lines, that NLAWS (and much else) are being resupplied across the border, but for obvious reasons the evidence for this is now much sketchier

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1499827970818646020?s=20&t=Wfff52Cp7zZ2bvjUXHGNIA
    Thales Belfast is apparently quite busy at the moment. Lots of overtime on offer.
    How quickly can Belfast Produce the NLAW?

Is there a risk, if this drags on, that we will have sent all of our available stocks of NLAWs and then the flow will be reduced to what can be produced?
    Belfast.

Will they produce?: Very very slowly.

Can they produce?: Quite rapidly.

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    LOL at Lebedev's title:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/mar/06/evgeny-lebedev-peerage-investigation-keir-starmer-boris-johnson

He took up his seat as Lord Lebedev of Hampton and Siberia the following December, although he has not voted since.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Anacdata: lots of empty shelves in Sweden. Soup, tinned food, water, pasta etc. Coffee price gone up dramatically.

Not Covid.
    Not Brexit.

Russia angst.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

Seems eminently sensible

The charge is that Johnson got the intelligence assessment changed. That had nothing to do with anyone else.
    Then Starmer is correct in referring it to the appropriate committee
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,612
    Small part of my cynicism of Boris Johnson, is my doubting that his tête-à-têtes with Zelensky are quite as impactful (let alone inspirational) for the latter as the former maintains.

Note that there was somewhat similar dynamic re: correspondence between the PM's alleged role model, Winston Churchill, on the one hand and Franklin Roosevelt on the other.

WSC always maintained - and apparently believed - that he had vast political influence and deep personal rapport with FDR. Yet the actual correspondence shows that Churchill greatly & repeatedly misjudged him his level of influence (and esteem) he enjoyed with Roosevelt.
  • Options

Small part of my cynicism of Boris Johnson, is my doubting that his tête-à-têtes with Zelensky are quite as impactful (let alone inspirational) for the latter as the former maintains.

Note that there was somewhat similar dynamic re: correspondence between the PM's alleged role model, Winston Churchill, on the one hand and Franklin Roosevelt on the other.

WSC always maintained - and apparently believed - that he had vast political influence and deep personal rapport with FDR. Yet the actual correspondence shows that Churchill greatly & repeatedly misjudged him his level of influence (and esteem) he enjoyed with Roosevelt.

I would suggest that if Zelensky did not think they had value he would not hold them
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

If there is evidence than Patel must respond and hopefully it will be raised in the HOC tomorrow

If? It is being reported widely from multiple sources of multiple examples.

They are lying to you when they say the policy is generous.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,472

Britain and America's relationship in a nutshell.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,709
    edited March 2022
    Foss said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

There are photos on twitter of Ukranian units with Swedish NLAW, they sent 5000.

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1500479931981180933?t=GDmgnGb6MqLOhXOFOKtyTg&s=19
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foss said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

There are photos on twitter of Ukranian units with Swedish NLAW.

NLAW is Anglo-Swedish.
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,602
    edited March 2022
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Technically, that could be from intra-Ukrainian transport, ie part of the same original batch, TBF.
    Head::desk

Boris talks every day with Zelenskyy. I imagine in every chat Zelenskyy says "the NLAWs are brilliant, they are wiping out entire columns, can you send more?"

Having already sent 2,000, do you think Boris replies "Nope, that's your lot. But let's chat again tomorrow"

Of course we are sending more, and we are doing it discreetly, across the border, by land

That's my wild guess but I'm fairly sure it is accurate
    While that's all based on inference as opposed to hard fact, I'm inclined to agree with you. And thank you for the link.

It's reassuring that the Washington Post was specifically reporting that general resupply of weapons is going on (if not specifically NLAW which is UK sourced) but that the US don't want to talk about it much in a war situation.

The only nagging doubt that I have is that this all involves Johnson. If there have been further NLAW supplies, of say another 1,000 or two, can we for once trust Johnson to play by the apparent rules of military necessity and keep quiet rather than to milk this for all it would be worth politically. Trust, Johnson ..... hmnn..... Let's just hope he's turned over a new leaf.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Max Hastings

"It is hard to imagine that Britain would have continued to defy Hitler after June 1940 in the absence of Winston Churchill, who constructed a brilliant and narrowly plausible narrative for the British people, first about what they might do, and later to persuade them of what they had done."

Narrowly plausible narrative was Churchill's stock in trade. How much he believed it himself, who knows?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,311
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Technically, that could be from intra-Ukrainian transport, ie part of the same original batch, TBF.

Boris talks every day with Zelenskyy. I imagine in every chat Zelenskyy says "the NLAWs are brilliant, they are wiping out entire columns, can you send more?"

Having already sent 2,000, do you think Boris replies "Nope, that's your lot. But let's chat again tomorrow"

Of course we are sending more, and we are doing it discreetly, across the border, by land

There have been a couple of humungous explosions in Ukraine at one time or another that were subsequently said to be ammo dumps being hit, so I would guess that a few hundred NLAWs may have been incinerated before their time - which is why there is less of the photo-ops of them being delivered at the Ukrainian end.

Obviously this was different before the invasion, as doing the photo-ops of weapon supplies was part of the attempt to deter the invasion from happening.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

I understand 200,000 can come to the UK for 3 years

Is that wrong and if so please provide a link
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

Seems eminently sensible

Then Starmer is correct in referring it to the appropriate committee
    Johnson is a smarmy, lying, worthless crook and a disgrace to himself, his party and his country. Your attitude to him is Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer played out in real life.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,714
    Aslan said:

Brave Russian protestors:

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    1h
    “I survived the Leningrad Siege! (...) What do you want from me?” says an elderly woman in Kaliningrad today.

“We have friends and family in Ukraine!” says another woman.

“You came to support the fascists?” asks the cop, then orders them all arrested.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1500538599741304838

Konigsberg should really be given back to the Poles.
    It was a German city for hundreds of years. It ought to be given back to them if anyone.
  • Options

I would suggest that if Zelensky did not think they had value he would not hold them
    Value for VZ in keeping lines of communication open with BJ is NOT necessarily in getting earfuls of advice (or inspiration). Same as with FDR re: WSC.

Certainly one can NOT deduce from simple fact of communications, that one party considers the other the greatest thing since sliced bread? Which is the argument that you appear to be making, along with Daily Mail and other usual suspects?

NOT including you with that crowd, you're in a different, far better class. For which I have respect and sympathy, though NOT empathy.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    Chameleon said:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1500475577383497731
    "Get familiar with #Transnistria

You will soon be hearing a lot more about it"

Rubio signalling that US Int believes that Russia are going to start doing things from Transnistria?

Wasn’t she in the Rocky Horror Picture Show?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

One posted above. Turned away by Border Force. Told to go away, back to Paris or Brussels. We aren't letting people in. You understand the lie they have told. I don;t blame you one bit - it is outrageous that we can't trust the word of the Home Secretary about the treatment of refugees.

But we can't trust her word. It is a lie.
  • Options

Value for VZ in keeping lines of communication open with BJ is NOT necessarily in getting earfuls of advice (or inspiration). Same as with FDR re: WSC.

Certainly one can NOT deduce from simple fact of communications, that one party considers the other the greatest thing since sliced bread? Which is the argument that you appear to be making, along with Daily Mail and other usual suspects?

NOT including you with that crowd, you're in a different, far better class. For which I have respect and sympathy, though NOT empathy.
    And Pippa Crerar of the Daily Mirror compliments Boris today and said that he is playing a global role - her words not mine
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited March 2022
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Also Intelligence....the US / UK are the ones who appear to always have the inside track on Putin's plans. Not just prior to the invasion, for example it amazing that a two star general travelled to the front line (something that should ever happen, as normally they are far too important to ever risk), he gets out and a sniper is there who takes him out. What are the chances of that?

It also been well reported that the Ukranian SoF are the ones who are popping up and taking out a lot of conveys, you think perhaps somebody might be giving them some pointers about where these conveys are and what to hit? Who trained, the SAS, what weaponry do they use, UK issue.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

One posted above. Turned away by Border Force. Told to go away, back to Paris or Brussels. We aren't letting people in. You understand the lie they have told. I don;t blame you one bit - it is outrageous that we can't trust the word of the Home Secretary about the treatment of refugees.

What evidence do you have that we are not processing the 10 000 received yesterday
  • Options

What can the Ukrainians do about the shelling of Kharkiv? Are they simply too tied up with Kiev?

One problem is that the Russian border is only just over 30km away from the centre of Kharkiv, about half the range of some of the Russian artillery or multiple launch rocket systems.

Someone did share a video from twitter that claimed to show a munitions store in Belgorod exploding - that's the sort of thing that might disrupt supplies of munitions to the units shelling Kharkiv.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Aslan said:

Brave Russian protestors:

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    1h
    “I survived the Leningrad Siege! (...) What do you want from me?” says an elderly woman in Kaliningrad today.

“We have friends and family in Ukraine!” says another woman.

“You came to support the fascists?” asks the cop, then orders them all arrested.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1500538599741304838

Konigsberg should really be given back to the Poles.
    It was a German city for hundreds of years. It ought to be given back to them if anyone.
    The Germans were all ethnically cleansed (along with all the ones in Silesia, Pomerania, East Prussia, Sudetenland etc) after 1945. Its population are Russian now.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

What evidence do you have that we are not processing the 10 000 received yesterday
    10,000 what? People? The Home Office said we have so far let in 50.

This one is simple. We have a million people fleeing into Poland alone. Some have relatives here, connections here, sanctuary offered here. Unlike countries across the continent we are turning them away. You can't come here. Go away. Fill in a form. We'll think about it.

Its disgusting, shameful, appalling. That she is lying about it just makes it worse. Let refugees in. Now.
  • Options
    I wonder if this guy is on Putin's payroll? Just suggesting.

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    Made the mistake of watching some of the BBC news 24 reports tonight. It was absolutely hellish. We are seeing war crimes and the massacre of civilians in Europe in real time. This is not Rwanda which was basically hidden away. It is utterly dominating our news day after day.

I am really not sure how long we can stand to one side from this. Of course I recognise the risks in dealing with a psychopathic lunatic with a huge nuclear arsenal but this is a horror. Are we really willing to let these bastards kill 1m people in Kyiv in the same way they murdered the inhabitants of Aleppo? Can we?
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,422
    DavidL said:

Made the mistake of watching some of the BBC news 24 reports tonight. It was absolutely hellish. We are seeing war crimes and the massacre of civilians in Europe in real time. This is not Rwanda which was basically hidden away. It is utterly dominating our news day after day.

I am really not sure how long we can stand to one side from this. Of course I recognise the risks in dealing with a psychopathic lunatic with a huge nuclear arsenal but this is a horror. Are we really willing to let these bastards kill 1m people in Kyiv in the same way they murdered the inhabitants of Aleppo? Can we?

whats the difference then ?
  • Options
    Perhaps Poland should adopt our fine world-leading policy. State that it will allow in refugees. If they first complete an application form for a visa, show the requisite paperwork, await the bureaucracy doing its thing. And once it has, then they can be allowed to cross the border from Ukraine.

Its a fine humane policy. Of course you can flee. Just not here.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Scott_xP said:
    50?

This one is simple. We have a million people fleeing into Poland alone. Some have relatives here, connections here, sanctuary offered here. Unlike countries across the continent we are turning them away. You can't come here. Go away. Fill in a form. We'll think about it.

Its disgusting, shameful, appalling. That she is lying about it just makes it worse. Let refugees in. Now.
    10,000 applied yesterday and are being processed

The Ukrainian Ambassador seemed content with the process just now, but are you saying the UK should welcome 4 million refugees and if not how many above the 200,000
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,869

And Pippa Crerar of the Daily Mirror compliments Boris today and said that he is playing a global role - her words not mine

A number of western leaders and the EU are all doing well. I'm really impressed by the American Secretary of State Anthony Blinken - he was talking to the Moldova President today and they showed a clip from his interview on NBC. Explained calmly and sensibly why there will be no intervention and no NFZ.

Kudos also to the Israeli Prime Minister for keeping lines of communication open - he may have a significant role to play and we've not heard much from President Xi. It will be Putin's "friends" who basically tell him enough is enough and it's time to de-escalate. He won't take it from us but he might from Xi.

Unfortunately, the Ukraine Tragedy continues to play out and we can but hope there is an end to this in some form sooner rather than later. One thing is certain - we will be living with the consequences of the past 10 days for many months if not years to come.
  • Options

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

Also Intelligence....the US / UK are the ones who appear to always have the inside track on Putin's plans. Not just prior to the invasion, for example it amazing that a two star general travelled to the front line (something that should ever happen, as normally they are far too important to ever risk), he gets out and a sniper is there who takes him out. What are the chances of that?

It also been well reported that the Ukranian SoF are the ones who are popping up and taking out a lot of conveys, you think perhaps somebody might be giving them some pointers about where these conveys are and what to hit? Who trained, the SAS, what weaponry do they use, UK issue.
    The USA have provided some counter battery radars, and judging by this they seem to be working:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1500489642638024709?t=GwSZrIvC79woaW6Sav9MiQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/przemek_raczek/status/1500490840510193671?t=PaEAEFNfnjVE58Hjr4OFoA&s=19
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,223

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?
    Applicants. But then you knew that.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,223

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

Perhaps Poland should adopt our fine world-leading policy. State that it will allow in refugees. If they first complete an application form for a visa, show the requisite paperwork, await the bureaucracy doing its thing. And once it has, then they can be allowed to cross the border from Ukraine.

Its a fine humane policy. Of course you can flee. Just not here.

Poland is a border state. We’re not. Plainly these are different things.

(I happen to agree with you that we should open the doors, but silly arguments like yours won’t convince anyone)
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

The Ukrainian Ambassador seemed content with the process just now, but are you saying the UK should welcome 4 million refugees and if not how many above the 200,000
    Their forms being processed here. The actual refugees are barred from entry. Should Poland adopt the same policy?

Saying "you can't come here, go fill in a form" is stopping people from coming. In that you stop them from coming. Turn them away. Make them Someone Else's Problem.

"How many above the 200,000". Come on. You know it isn't 200,000. We are BLOCKING people from coming. Is France doing that? Germany? Ireland? Poland? Anyone?

Is there another major country within direct reach of refugees refusing them entry that isn't Britain?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

It's just a roll of the dice. In my view we should never roll them, no matter the odds.

If we have to go down that road then massive leafleting and overwhelming power with flowers strewn ahead of any invasion is the way to go. A citizen armarda.
  • Options
    NYT ($) - What We Know About Brittney Griner’s Detention in Russia
    The W.N.B.A. star was stopped at an airport outside Moscow and accused of carrying hashish oil in her luggage. But much about the case remains unclear.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/brittney-griner-russia.html?searchResultPosition=1

As tensions rose between Russia and the United States, Russian authorities detained Brittney Griner, a W.N.B.A. star, on drug charges. The Russian Federal Customs Service announced Ms. Griner’s detention on Saturday but said she was stopped at the Sheremetyevo airport near Moscow last month.

The detention of Ms. Griner, 31, a seven-time W.N.B.A. All-Star center for the Phoenix Mercury and a key figure in two champion Olympic teams, comes during an inflamed standoff between Russia and the United States over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and pulls the player in the middle of the most acute crisis between the two countries since the Cold War. . . .

The screening at the airport occurred in February, according to the Customs Service, raising the possibility that Ms. Griner had been in custody for at least several days. She last posted on Instagram on Feb. 5. The timing provided leaves open the possibility that the case could have been underway in secret for weeks before Russian authorities chose to draw attention to it.

It is still unclear whether Russia might have targeted Ms. Griner as leverage against the United States, which has led a widespread effort to impose harsh sanctions on Russia and its elite.Citing privacy constraints, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken did not comment on the detention on Sunday at a news conference in Chisinau, Moldova, and did not respond to a question about whether Russia had announced her arrest as retaliation for the economic, military and diplomatic pressure the United States has leveled against Russia in recent days.

But American officials have repeatedly accused Russia of detaining U.S. citizens on doubtful pretexts.

“This follows a pattern of Russia wrongly detaining & imprisoning US citizens,” Representative Joaquin Castro, Democrat of Texas, wrote on Twitter on Saturday, citing the case of Trevor Reed, a former U.S. Marine whom a Russian court sentenced to nine years in prison in 2020 on charges of violence against police officers that his family and supporters described as fraudulent. . . .
  • Options
    carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?
    I did? Its just that "10,000" is not the number being quoted by the actual Home Office. Nowhere near that. And again. Are ANY other countries with Ukrainian residents who are within easy reach of refugees REFUSING entry as we are?
  • Options
    Trouble is that Russian forces do seem to be getting to various locations around Kiev.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

The Irish government are reported by the Irish Times to be preparing to take in 100,000 refugees (which would imply 9 million refugees on a proportionate basis across the whole EU). The UK population is a bit more than 13 times that of Ireland, which would imply making preparations to accommodate 1.3 million refugees.

But the eventual numbers are less important than the process. Having to go through a visa process in the circumstances is absurd and not something that other countries are insisting upon.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited March 2022
    Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting coming up this June - are we going to have the farce of Prince Charles doing a pompous speech saying how wonderful it is that we are all one "family" of nations - when that "family" includes countries (eg India) who have just abstained from voting against Russia at the UN?
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?
    I did? Its just that "10,000" is not the number being quoted by the actual Home Office. Nowhere near that. And again. Are ANY other countries with Ukrainian residents who are within easy reach of refugees REFUSING entry as we are?
    "Fifty Ukrainians have been granted visas under a scheme for refugees with family links to the UK, the Home Office has announced.

It is about 1% of the 5,535 people who have applied since the programme launched 48 hours earlier."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60640460
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,820
    TimS said:

I’m enjoying the new American intelligence doctrine which seems to involve trolling Putin with a running public commentary.

https://twitter.com/ignighted/status/1500497081735204868?s=21

If he's going to cut the bullshit and just start invading sovereign nations (well, again, but more expansively this time) then the least we can all do is not be nervous nellies about shit talking him diplomatically now.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,172
    DavidL said:

Precedent suggests..
  • Options

Not the way they'd want to have done it, but loans at good rates from foreign powers will probably be easy to come by.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,266
    Terrible scenes on BBC News at 10.

Russia and Russians must be pariahs for years, even decades to come after all this.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Also mind boggling. Unarmed Ukrainian protestors, facing up to Russian soldiers very definitely firing guns

https://twitter.com/TpyxaNews/status/1500560137962020867?s=20&t=pUPNHikZZeSTVFOkcO_ONQ

Russia is earning the hatred of half the world

Now if only India could be brought on board that's be up to 3/4
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?
    "Fifty Ukrainians have been granted visas under a scheme for refugees with family links to the UK, the Home Office has announced.

It is about 1% of the 5,535 people who have applied since the programme launched 48 hours earlier."

Its utterly absurd. Fleeing for your life? You can't come here - not without filling in a visa form from another country and then waiting about for us to consider your application.

No. Other. Country. Doing our kind of malevolent cruelty. And yet as we uniquely bar refugees and send them away we have people saying "but we're letting 200k in".

No, we aren't. We let in 50.
  • Options
    Quite a photo on Guardian front.

• Options
    stodge said:

A number of western leaders and the EU are all doing well. I'm really impressed by the American Secretary of State Anthony Blinken - he was talking to the Moldova President today and they showed a clip from his interview on NBC. Explained calmly and sensibly why there will be no intervention and no NFZ.

Kudos also to the Israeli Prime Minister for keeping lines of communication open - he may have a significant role to play and we've not heard much from President Xi. It will be Putin's "friends" who basically tell him enough is enough and it's time to de-escalate. He won't take it from us but he might from Xi.

Unfortunately, the Ukraine Tragedy continues to play out and we can but hope there is an end to this in some form sooner rather than later. One thing is certain - we will be living with the consequences of the past 10 days for many months if not years to come.
    My argument for those pilling into Boris is that they have an agenda and it is not consistent with the mood emphasised by Starmer that at this moment in time we need unity

Trying to pick off Boris is coming from the usual quarters, and does not help the need for us to stop seeking division and playing the UK off against the EU, when we need all to work together to fight the one person that is malign and wicked, Putin

I expect in due course Boris position will become clearer and whether or not he last to fight GE 24 rests with his mps

I am not a member of the conservative party, have said several times I could vote for one of the three parties at GE24, and want Boris replaced but I simply do not support his removal from office at this moment in time

It has to be said I want a Norway style relationship with the EU, and working together in defence and security, and whoever offers that at the next GE will have my vote (as long as I keep taking my pills !!!!!)
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,172

stodge said:

My argument for those pilling into Boris is that they have an agenda and it is not consistent with the mood emphasised by Starmer that at this moment in time we need unity

Trying to pick off Boris is coming from the usual quarters, and does not help the need for us to stop seeking division and playing the UK off against the EU, when we need all to work together to fight the one person that is malign and wicked, Putin

I expect in due course Boris position will become clearer and whether or not he last to fight GE 24 rests with his mps

I am not a member of the conservative party, have said several times I could vote for one of the three parties at GE24, and want Boris replaced but I simply do not support his removal from office at this moment in time

It has to be said I want a Norway style relationship with the EU, and working together in defence and security, and whoever offers that at the next GE will have my vote (as long as I keep taking my pills !!!!!)
    Persuasive from someone who has no agenda whatsoever, no siree.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,330
    Sounds like Putin doing the Full Grozny on Kharkiv

"Still more and more reports coming in of explosions all over #Kharkiv.

This looks like the worst bombardment so far in the war. Indiscriminate shelling by Russia on the second biggest city in #Ukraine.

How many war crimes can Putin commit in one day and be allowed to continue?"

https://twitter.com/TWMCLtd/status/1500593565633851392?s=20&t=Wfff52Cp7zZ2bvjUXHGNIA

And because he has nukes we are forced to sit and watch
  • Options
    Leon said:

This looks like the worst bombardment so far in the war. Indiscriminate shelling by Russia on the second biggest city in #Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/TWMCLtd/status/1500593565633851392?s=20&t=Wfff52Cp7zZ2bvjUXHGNIA

This is how Russians fight wars.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Decades.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

Their forms being processed here. The actual refugees are barred from entry. Should Poland adopt the same policy?

Saying "you can't come here, go fill in a form" is stopping people from coming. In that you stop them from coming. Turn them away. Make them Someone Else's Problem.

"How many above the 200,000". Come on. You know it isn't 200,000. We are BLOCKING people from coming. Is France doing that? Germany? Ireland? Poland? Anyone?

Is there another major country within direct reach of refugees refusing them entry that isn't Britain?
    You are being ridiculous and frankly your attitude is pure anti Boris/Patel
  • Options
    Leon said:

A NFZ doesn't stop artillery. That requires bombing, and much of that artillery is over the border in Russia.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

I am genuinely curious about these conversations. From his twitter accounts at least Zelensky seems to talk to Boris pretty often, and if not the most of Western Leaders then up there. I wonder why that is, and indeed what new info they are exchanging rather than just repeating intention to support etc. There must be aides in the Ukrainian military who are in near constant contact with various Western allies, but what is driving the talking between these two specifically repeatedly?
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

Its utterly absurd. Fleeing for your life? You can't come here - not without filling in a visa form from another country and then waiting about for us to consider your application.

No. Other. Country. Doing our kind of malevolent cruelty. And yet as we uniquely bar refugees and send them away we have people saying "but we're letting 200k in".

No, we aren't. We let in 50.
    According to ARD, thousands of refugees are arriving in Berlin every day and are now being distributed among the other German states.
  • Options
    TimT said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

There's certainly been plenty of public information about support being provided, but there must be plenty going on that they are not advertising. Whilst I am sure he desperately wants and needs the no fly zone, Zelensky's chiding of NATO could almost be seen in part as misdirection of the non-public stuff they might be doing.. But that's just a guess.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,966
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

A NFZ doesn't stop artillery. That requires bombing, and much of that artillery is over the border in Russia.
    It does need to be repeated time and time again. A No Fly Zone in Ukraine means bombing targets inside Russia. And that is even before we start thinking about dealing with the artillery.

How many of those pressing for a NFZ would be happy seeing us bombing targets around Moscow? Because that is what it would mean.
  • Options

stodge said:

Persuasive from someone who has no agenda whatsoever, no siree.
    It is a genuine comment and sorry you want to belittle it
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

• Options

stodge said:

Connecting the dots between Boris and Vlad is NOT the same thing as calling for the former's immediate ouster, in midst of war created by the latter.

NOT the time nor place for leadership election or whatever.

NEITHER is it the time or place to give Putin ANY aid or comfort. Nor is it time to help bolster Boris's political prospects, by proclaiming him the Savior of Ukraine.
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

It is fucking shameful. Once this is all over there needs to be a reckoning as far as Patel and the rest of this scummy crew are concerned. Personally I would like that reckoning now but I understand why others are nervous about that.

But none of this crowd should be allowed anywhere near high office again.
    Speaking as a bureaucratic jobsworth, what you don't want is a political leader who is also a bureaucratic jobsworth. They're supposed to be the ones who cut through to the important things when the situation warrants it. Like now - an adjustment of priorities and processes in an urgent crisis is perfectly reasonable, but she seems petrified of having let down the team because of the boats.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

I don't care about Johnson or Patel, except insofar as they are the ones who can do the decent thing and drop the visa requirement.

I've given plenty of credit to Johnson in the past for all sorts of things when it's been warranted, but this is creating unnecessary anguish and difficulty for people who have been through more than enough.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    50?

I am certainly anti a liar and anti a traitor who was sacked for pursuing her own private foreign policy.

But - factually - what have I said that is incorrect. Uniquely we have closed our borders to refugees.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,668
    Another report showing how Putin has united a nation against him.
    Odessa mayor Gennady Trukhanov, generally known as pro-Russian, has come down firmly on the side of Kyiv in recent days.

“I don’t know what kind of bastard you have to be to press the button to drop bombs on Odessa”

https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1500496768160743428
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030

Foxy said:

Leon said:

It does need to be repeated time and time again. A No Fly Zone in Ukraine means bombing targets inside Russia. And that is even before we start thinking about dealing with the artillery.

How many of those pressing for a NFZ would be happy seeing us bombing targets around Moscow? Because that is what it would mean.
    Which might soon lead to Russia bombing targets around London in response
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

It is fucking shameful. Once this is all over there needs to be a reckoning as far as Patel and the rest of this scummy crew are concerned. Personally I would like that reckoning now but I understand why others are nervous about that.

Now now. Stop being anti Boris and anti Patel. You cannot allow the facts to turn you against them in this way.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

I am genuinely curious about these conversations. From his twitter accounts at least Zelensky seems to talk to Boris pretty often, and if not the most of Western Leaders then up there. I wonder why that is, and indeed what new info they are exchanging rather than just repeating intention to support etc. There must be aides in the Ukrainian military who are in near constant contact with various Western allies, but what is driving the talking between these two specifically repeatedly?
    It suggests that there is something concrete to the trilateral alliance we formed with Ukraine and Poland shortly before the invasion.

There might be quite difficult conversations on a daily basis about how much assistance we can offer that doesn't qualify as being a co-belligerent, etc.
  • Options
    How quickly will Russia collapse financially? Aside from the protests we really haven't heard much about what is going on there in the last week.
  • Options
    "As Ukrainians deal with the devastation of the Russian attacks in their homeland, many are also encountering a confounding and almost surreal backlash from family members in Russia, who refuse to believe that Russian soldiers could bomb innocent people, or even that a war is taking place at all."

Ukrainians Find That Relatives in Russia Don’t Believe It’s a War
    Many Ukrainians are encountering a confounding and frustrating backlash from family members in Russia who have bought into the official Kremlin messaging.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/world/europe/ukraine-russia-families.html
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,966

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

Now now. Stop being anti Boris and anti Patel. You cannot allow the facts to turn you against them in this way.
    To be fair of course I have been anti both of them since long before they ever reached high office. So I suppose in the eyes of some of their acolytes on here (mentioning no names with five capital letters in them) that disqualifies me from having a valid opinion.
  • Options

carnforth said:

Scott_xP said:
    50?

10,000 what? People?

Oh, I'm sure Therese Coffey could, on the basis that unless you are a WASPI woman no one will even remember the Work and Pensions Secretary. Not sure how many others in the Cabinet would hold on if there a leadership switch though.
  • Options

"As Ukrainians deal with the devastation of the Russian attacks in their homeland, many are also encountering a confounding and almost surreal backlash from family members in Russia, who refuse to believe that Russian soldiers could bomb innocent people, or even that a war is taking place at all."

Many Ukrainians are encountering a confounding and frustrating backlash from family members in Russia who have bought into the official Kremlin messaging.

We can understand just how insidious propaganda can be at turning people away from facts. Witness recent posts on here...
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,797
    edited March 2022
    DavidL said:

The best option seems to be to turn Ukraine in to a meat grinder that breaks the will of the Russian people and humiliates them completely. Like Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan . It will get to the point where the Russian people eventually rise up against the regime.

Easy to say from the comfort and safety of England though.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I know this is old news but Glenn Greenwald is a proper piece of shit.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    kle4 said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Sandpit said:

MattW said:

Aslan said:

There's certainly been plenty of public information about support being provided, but there must be plenty going on that they are not advertising. Whilst I am sure he desperately wants and needs the no fly zone, Zelensky's chiding of NATO could almost be seen in part as misdirection of the non-public stuff they might be doing.. But that's just a guess.
    That, and the fact that Zelensky has a domestic audience, has crossed my mind.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,714

stodge said:

Decades.
    There must be someone or some people within Russia thinking about ways to remove Putin from power, given what's happening at the moment.
  • Options

It's frustrating enough when a relative buys into a conspiracy theory you know for a fact to be false (one of mine genuinely thought images of T May had been spliced into footage in Salisbury and she was not really there, to take a mild example), but when you call to let them know your apartment building has been destroyed and half your neighbours are dead?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Alistair said:

I know this is old news but Glenn Greenwald is a proper piece of shit.

I remember the days when he was lauded by certain sectors of the media along with the likes of Assange and Snowden.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

stodge said:

Decades.
    There must be someone or some people within Russia thinking about ways to remove Putin from power, given what's happening at the moment.
    did anyone remove Tony Blair from power?
  • Options
    darkage said:

DavidL said:

The best option seems to be to turn Ukraine in to a meat grinder that breaks the will of the Russian people and humiliates them completely. Like Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan . It will get to the point where the Russian people eventually rise up against the regime.

Easy to say from the comfort and safety of England though.
    ha dont think England is safe personally . I am not sure total bloodshed is wanted either
This discussion has been closed.