Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Final reminder: PB’s 18th Birthday Party – Wednesday 6.30pm – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    NEW THREAD

For micro dick ticket collectors on the london underground to not recognise well known quotations from da movies, tell us about their pretendy gundogs etc to make idiots of themselves on. YAYYYYY
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,286
    The chairman of Russia’s lower house of parliament had his plane turned back mid-flight by Sweden and then Finland, making him the first top Russian official to face Europe’s denial of airspace permissions in response to the invasion https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/26/russia-ukraine-war-news-updates/#link-72IBFFTLVNFF3IEOIELFV6ELPE https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1497611282731646983/photo/1
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,902
    I've said it before, but this is just all baffling:

Russian airforce failing to to achieve air supremacy
    Whole convoys of Russian vehicles being abandoned due to a lack of fuel just days and tens of kms in.
    Support and light arms convoys being sent right into set defences with NLAWs
    Russian generals running low on rockets, despite supposedly having many stockpiled.
    The airforce killing a good portion of the VDV by either flying troop transporters into SAM defences, or right into the sea.
    Russia supposedly having no real battle plan and failing to get allied help.

Some of these are surely disinfo, but there's enough to point to a seriously dysfunctional command structure.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,958

The latest
    @OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK
    poll shows a 4 point Labour lead.

Con 34%
    Lab 38% (+1)
    Lib Dem 11%
    Green 6%

LLG on a stable 55%. In the 54-58 range that ALL polls have been in for about 6 weeks.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,560

Scott_xP said:

⚡️Russian losses in last 24 hrs of its war against Ukraine:

SU-30 fighter aircraft, 11 helicopters, 2 Su-25 aircraft, 2 Il-76 air-fighters, a column of equipment and fuel echelon, according to Air Force Command of Ukraine’s Armed Forces.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497659908866678786

If Zelensky can pull this off ( and I am more sanguine than many on here) there should be a massive uptick in Johnson's support. The great Churchillian Statesman by default.

Another ten, even twenty years of Johnson who I detest, is a price I would be more than happy to pay for this evil to stop.
    Now look, I want Ukraine to win and Putin to die after being caught cowering in a sewer and sodomised by 50 people wielding a 15 inch dildo Leon has knapped specially for the task.

But I'm not willing to go *that* far.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

ydoethur said:

Oh dear....

Reports coming in claiming that Russia tried to insert paratroopers in Odesa but accidentally dropped around 50 of them out over the sea in zero degree waters.

The Ukrainians say that nobody made it to shore, adding “we didn’t even have to open fire”.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1497664806958030851

Now that is truly extraordinary incompetence, if true.

I mean, surely it's easy enough to tell the difference between the sea and the land?
    I know nothing of these things but I’d imagine that accurately inserting paratroopers near water in a hostile area accurately would be very difficult indeed.
    As the Germans found out during the invasion of Crete in 1941.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,221
    ydoethur said:

Oh dear....

Reports coming in claiming that Russia tried to insert paratroopers in Odesa but accidentally dropped around 50 of them out over the sea in zero degree waters.

The Ukrainians say that nobody made it to shore, adding “we didn’t even have to open fire”.

I mean, surely it's easy enough to tell the difference between the sea and the land?
    From the little I know of it, paratroop operations are always difficult and prone to this sort of thing. All you need is for the wind to be in slightly the wrong direction and they'll be blown all over the shop. If they were aiming for coastal fortifications I guess it's easy for it to happen, especially if they exited at high altitude.

I'd hope techniques have improved since 1944, but AIUI D-Day paratroop operations had mixed success.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

NEW THREAD

For micro dick ticket collectors on the london underground to not recognise well known quotations from da movies, tell us about their pretendy gundogs etc to make idiots of themselves on. YAYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAr7oI8cquA
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,001

kyf_100 said:

PJohnson said:

IshmaelZ said:

jonny83 said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

tlg86 said:

darkage said:

I am as mad as anyone about what is going on, but have been trying to resist the urge to call for or glorify death. Anyone fighting for Russia is doing so under orders from a dictator. The tragedy is that the Ukranians have been forced in to defending themselves in this way.

Whilst I feel some sympathy for the young Russians being sent to the deaths, we should not shy away from the fact that this is war and we very much know which side we're on.
    They might be conscripts, but soldiers are normally reckoned fair game. The Ukies need to kill as many Moskali as they can.
    Not a word I knew till 2 minutes ago, but apparently used only as an ethnic slur. And what is this "normally considered fair game" shit? I mean, yes, we are all on the Ukr side, but you sound like a Victorian gent reading the ticker in his club and hoping the North is giving the niggers a dam' good pasting.
    Not at all. If the Russians invade a democratic country then they deserve whatever shit gets dropped on them.
    And you are pleased about the thought of unwilling conscripts suffering injury and death.

OK.
    Perfect world they stop fighting and nobody else dies.

In the real world and for the greater good we need as many Russians to die as possible, as cold as it sounds.

It's the only thing that stops Putin, either by deciding to cut his losses and withdraw or forces a coup to remove him due to Russia anger from parents seeing their sons die in a needless and pointless way.
    Holy fuck, you slack jawed faggot, how stupid do you think I am?

Let me give you a clue: I am more intelligent than you, than any teacher at any school or "university" you ever attended, than anyone you have ever met and than the author of any book you have ever read (having a laugh there, obv). By a wide margin.

But thanks.
    You sound about 10. What an immature statement
    His language has been wholly inappropriate and offensive this evening.

@PBModerator can you perhaps take a look?
    The F word is a pretty grotesque, homophobic slur and shouldn't really be on in 2022. Or ever.
    He also used the N word earlier (which is still up).

It's not just that either it's his deeply unpleasant attitude. He's a corrosive influence to the forum.

If it were up to me (and it's obviously not my site) he'd be banned.
    Didn't see that one, but use of either of those words would be a sacking offense at any job I've had in the last decade. No written warning, instant dismissal.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,730
    Someone needs to slot Rabid Dog Putin

Absolutely NO ONE wants this war, except Putin himself

So kill him, and the problem goes away
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1497672316800708608

Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 38% (+1)
    CON: 34% (=)
    LDM: 11% (=)
    GRN: 6% (=)
    SNP: 4% (+1)

Via @OpiniumResearch, 23-25 Feb.
    Changes w/ 9-11 Feb.

SKS fans please explain?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,387

Scott_xP said:

⚡️Russian losses in last 24 hrs of its war against Ukraine:

SU-30 fighter aircraft, 11 helicopters, 2 Su-25 aircraft, 2 Il-76 air-fighters, a column of equipment and fuel echelon, according to Air Force Command of Ukraine’s Armed Forces.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497659908866678786

If Zelensky can pull this off ( and I am more sanguine than many on here) there should be a massive uptick in Johnson's support. The great Churchillian Statesman by default.

Another ten, even twenty years of Johnson who I detest, is a price I would be more than happy to pay for this evil to stop.
    Even Churchill didn’t get 10 years. Even Churchill didn’t get a massive uptick in electoral support for actually fighting and winning the Second World War. He got kicked out at the first opportunity and lost the popular vote in the only GE he won. Similarly I just don’t see how Johnson would get any specific boost in popular opinion for any of this at all. Yes, he supports the morally correct and (hopefully) winning side, but what’s the success got to do with him, specifically, as opposed to the Ukrainians and many other European nations who are taking far greater risks than we are? The Opinium tonight doesn’t suggest the whole thing has shifted public opinion on him at all.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1497672316800708608

Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 38% (+1)
    CON: 34% (=)
    LDM: 11% (=)
    GRN: 6% (=)
    SNP: 4% (+1)

Via @OpiniumResearch, 23-25 Feb.
    Changes w/ 9-11 Feb.

SKS fans please explain?

What better chance than the last week to prove himself the anti-Corbyn?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

PJohnson said:

tlg86 said:

darkage said:

pigeon said:

darkage said:

I am as mad as anyone about what is going on, but have been trying to resist the urge to call for or glorify death. Anyone fighting for Russia is doing so under orders from a dictator. The tragedy is that the Ukranians have been forced in to defending themselves in this way.

It depends very much who you are talking about. I wouldn't say I "glorify" death at all, but there are a lot of truly vile people on the Russian side that the world would be better off without.

There's no point in being wet about this. Putin's death, for example, would be a blessing for humanity.
    How can you say that for certain? You've no idea what he might be keeping the lid on, or what the future holds.

One could argue every success for Ukraine takes us one step closer to nuclear war. We just don't know.

But I am wishing Ukraine every success in this war.
    Yes I actually think it would be better if Ukraine surrenders.. their defeat is inevitable for the reason putin can't afford to lose and ultimately has the weapons to force his will on the ukrainian people
    I’d rather be vaporised in all out nuclear war than see Ukraine surrender.
    I think you have lost some perspective....you would rather London be nuked than Ukraine surrenders...ok
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,049

glw said:

ydoethur said:

I hope this is true.

President's Office: Sumy fully returned to Ukrainian control.

Presidential advisor Oleksiy Arestovych wrote that despite earlier reports that half the city was under Russian control, it has now returned fully to Ukrainian control.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497657843629109256

An awful lot of Russian generals are about to suffer nasty accidents, aren't they?
    If your entire government ideology is that no one will notice the lies while we fecking cream in the roubles, don't be surprised when your closest aides and military strategists and 4* generals all lie to you all the time.

We can only hope it’s Putin who suffers a nasty accident..
    I'd really like to see him hanged like Saddam.
    I'd like to see him on his really long table with a Klitschko at each end punching him back and forth.
    I’d like him handed over to the Ukrainian people to deal with him as they see fit.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,049
    Chameleon said:

Whole convoys of Russian vehicles being abandoned due to a lack of fuel just days and tens of kms in.
    Russian generals running low on rockets, despite supposedly having many stockpiled.
    The airforce killing a good portion of the VDV by either flying troop transporters into SAM defences, or right into the sea.

Some of these are surely disinfo, but there's enough to point to a seriously dysfunctional command structure.

Or Putin doesn’t have the support of his military.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,541
    IshmaelZ said:

TOPPING said:

Been pretty busy these past few days so sadly won't be able to make this. Enjoy.

I had you down as a Londoner? If I can make it from nearly Cornwall..;
    Sorry pretty busy atm.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,666
    ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

Major EU announcement coming on assistance for Ukraine momentarily …
    https://twitter.com/herszenhorn/status/1497662178492563459

Does that mean the announcement is imminent or will be fleeting?
    SWIFT
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,138
    ydoethur said:

DougSeal said:

ydoethur said:

Oh dear....

I know nothing of these things but I’d imagine that accurately inserting paratroopers near water in a hostile accurately would be very difficult indeed.
    Which is why you shouldn't do it. You should allow for wind, and not release until you have a margin for safety. And if in doubt, don't do it….
    Is this the etiquette guide for the PM meet up ?
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,156

Chameleon said:

Or Putin doesn’t have the support of his military.
    But the military surely aren't deliberately getting their troops killed in large numbers (which, by any reckoning, must be happening based on confirmed info alone)
This discussion has been closed.