Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

It is now evens that Johnson will survive 2022 – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,852

Yokes said:

Farooq said:

Russia has issued a NOTAM closing the airspace along the Ukrainian border.

Does this mean Russia is only intending to kill people on the ground this time, instead of shooting down passenger jets? I guess we can all celebrate progress, no matter how pitiful.
    Actually the Ukrainians issued a NOTAM on closing its Eastern airports. In effect what it was saying was anything in the impacted area will probably been seen as hostile.

On the wider history, one Barack Obama has something to answer for. The Obama policy to Russia was one of' 'if we ignore it they will stop the provocations' . Its no mistake Putin started this ramp up over Ukraine early on in Biden's tenure but it turns out the former vice president is a little bit sterner than his former boss who spent 4 years doing next to fuck all on this front.
    Obama was an awful president from a foreign policy perspective. Simply awful.
    In holding Putin in check, only outdone in awfulness by Trump.
    And allowing the use of chemical weapons in Syria plus allowing Iran to progress nuclear ambitions
  • pingping Posts: 3,805
    edited February 2022
    Dax futures down ~4%
  • jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,269

I feel so much for the Ukrainian people. Innocent people will be dying tonight because of the expansionist dreams of an evil man.

Shame on the appeasers of Putin.

Well said.

Ukraine first and I don't think that will be the end of it. Other former parts of the Soviet state will be next.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,370
    How is Putin going to be stopped?
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 21,165
    Andy_JS said:

Ukraine’s FM has a view:

https://twitter.com/dmytrokuleba/status/1496711163530424324?s=21

1. Devastating sanctions on Russia NOW, including SWIFT
    2. Fully isolate Russia by all means, in all formats
    3. Weapons, equipment for Ukraine
    4. Financial assistance
    5. Humanitarian assistance

Add transition away from dependence on Russian energy and war crimes charges for Putin.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,596
    edited February 2022
    Andy_JS said:

A grinding occupation of Ukraine that ultimately goes the way of most such escapades, the the depressing but most obvious possibility.

Meanwhile someone has got our clown out of bed and he is promising to be decisive.
  • IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

A grinding occupation of Ukraine that ultimately goes the way of most such escapades, the the depressing but most obvious possibility.

Meanwhile someone has got our clown out of bed and he is promising to be decisive.
    Time for us to unite
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,370

IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

Time for us to unite
    Indeed, time for petty arguments within Western countries to be put on hold.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,871
    IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

In all honesty, I think Johnson should resign. Today.
    He will not be up to this, at all.
    I really don't want him to be British Prime Minister. He needs replacing immediately.
This discussion has been closed.