Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Johnson needs another string to his bow than vaccines – politicalbetting.com

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,185

Talking of High Priestess Pagel, I made the mistake of looking at her Twitter feed yesterday.

The absolute state of the replies to her tweets. She is like a cult leader seemingly, I could barely believe that some of her devotees were real. Maybe they aren't.

Its a big problem. You'd have to expect that at some level the likes of Pagel and Yates (he of my parish) rather like being the Messiah and having a huge following. How do they stop? Do they want to stop? They have a vested interest in the pandemic continuing, if only for the gratification of getting tweets, likes and follows.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    edited January 2022
    When you look at the deaths by date of death graph now, deaths have basically been flat since 27 Nov.

There was a tiny uptick in first week of Dec followed by an equivalent downtick but overall they've been flat for the last 6 weeks.

Whereas if you had read threads on here, it was posted numerous times throughout Dec by people supposedly doing all kinds of clever analysis that deaths were falling in Dec.

As for what happens next, a rise looks likely but we'll have to see.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983

London

I still find those graphs hard to interpret, but instinctively your London charts look quite promising to my amateur eye?
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,185
    Leon said:

Headline Figures - 194,747 cases, 334 deaths

England patients admitted 2,219
    People ventilation beds 769

That's a pretty sharp rise in deaths. Ouch. Cases feeding through...
    Backfill after the wierd BH and weekend etc.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377
    COVID Summary

Lots of data filling in at last

- Cases rising quite rapidly. We are seeing London like surges in various areas now - the range of Regional R is interesting.... London cases are now falling again.

- Admissions. Bouncing around, due to regional variations. But the overall R number has dropped.. Have we plateaued?

- Mechanical Ventilator bed occupancy is still flat(ish)

- Deaths are flat(ish) though there are indications of a rise

• Options

London

I still find those graphs hard to interpret, but instinctively your London charts look quite promising to my amateur eye?
    Cases are going down. 18-64 Admissions are definitely heading down, the others are showing some signs... Deaths are going up (delayed reporting for the last few days of data etc).
  • Options

Leon said:

Headline Figures - 194,747 cases, 334 deaths

England patients admitted 2,219
    People ventilation beds 769

That's a pretty sharp rise in deaths. Ouch. Cases feeding through...
    48 'yesterday'
    334 'today'

You have fallen foul of the ancient date of reporting trap ––– again!
    Indeed. Today we have lots of Scottish, Welsh and NI data turning up along with more from the Christmas backlogs in England.....

Deaths are actually....

• Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Knew Fred
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,525
    Not Wyatt Earp but ... Mike van Erp.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/05/filming-cyclingmikey-dangerous-drivers-mike-van-erp-motorists-britain-roads-safer

A bit of stuff not quite right on the casualties, but a good piece.
This discussion has been closed.