Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Al Fresco at this time of year in this weather. Eh? – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Options

A hint for the simple-minded:

The common cold != covid.

It's sad this needs saying.

They're very alike. As we all come into contact with Covid often enough it's likely to become more and more like the common cold as we become more immune to it.

The biggest problem with Covid was our lack of immunity to it. Vaccines and boosters give some immunity. Getting the virus and beating it gives even more immunity. Ideally get the virus after getting your booster and vaccines but we're all going to get it.

That's the only way out. If you have another exit from this madness I'm all ears. But delusions of "stop it spreading" is just living in denial.
    They are really not. Aside from being viruses. Common colds are caused by a number of different viruses - mainly rhinoviruses.

Your attempts to downplay Covid-19 and the deaths it causes are, frankly, sickening. You are the delusional one.
    I'm not downplaying it, deaths will happen. Death is a biologically inevitable conclusion. We can't stop it, this virus is here to stay we have to live with it.

It's like the seven stages of grief. Some Covidiots and antivaxxers never got past the first stage: Denial. "It's only got a 0.1% CFR" etc

You, CHB etc are stuck on the Bargaining stage. "If we wear a mask/stay at home etc it will go away".

But bargaining is just a more advanced stage of denial.

I've simply reached the final stage before you: Acceptance.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    IanB2 said:

Tessy Villers more lugubrious than a BBC announcement of a royal death over Frosty’s departure. Not ruling herself out of taking the post.

Well you'd have to be really stupid to want a job like that.

So...
    ...she's a shoo-in
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Leon said:

Leon said:

“Lockdown til summer”

People toss out these phrases, blithely, like they are predicting “overcast skies for the weekend”

Lockdown til summer. Sweet Jesus and Bloody Mary. The damage that will do to the economic, social, psychological fabric of the nation is unthinkable. And all because some scientists are pessimistic, and some idiots won’t get injected

It is not really unthinkable it is what we had this very year. It was shit for many and actually good for others. Not in favour but think it is far more likely than lockdown for a month or less and then open up again.
    Unfortunately I agree that outcome is quite possible. But I also believe that, if it happens, the consequences will be much worse than the last winter lockdown

You could see people beginning to crumble last time. It took many close to the edge (me included). Another lockdown like that would crack marriages and minds everywhere
    That reminds me of a joke I heard this week. The Covid 19 pandemic has been very bad for the Flat Earth Society. The are afraid that social distancing has pushed many people over the edge.
This discussion has been closed.