Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The great GE2015 argument goes on

Comments

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

That's the sort of comment that pisses me off

I'm sure Hortence will be along in a minute to flag it as a Troll

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

GIN1138 said:

Who know's what will happen to the polls when Cameron declares war on Spain!!!!!! :O

Let's ask JackW what the effect may be. He was around for the Armada afterall....

The Jacobites were supporting the Armada.
    Cameron will send a gumboot.

• Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    Ahh detective Fitalass!

Detective Fitalass stared at her paper. She knew that the pundits had to be right. She just knew. Curse those pesky academics with their research. Don't they know that detective Fitalass's intuition is far far better.

Then she saw it. A tweet from a Labour MP citing a academic piece of research. Ahh she thought. There it is. I am right and the experts are wrong. And back down she sat safe in the knowledge that everything, no matter what, was always bad for Labour.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Struggling A&E units 'to get £500m bailout'

Struggling A&E units in England are to get a £500m bailout over the next two years to ensure waiting times are kept under control, the BBC understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23599926
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    @IOS

The facts are quite clear: Labour lost support, along with the Tories, but the Tories have regained some. So Labour's voteshare hasn't changed in the last three months, but the led has closed - and they are down 4% from peak.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Looks as if there has been a shambolic meeting in Stafford over the hospital trust.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23609547

Which was easier, shutting it down, or taking the trouble to hire managers with a brief to run the place properly?
  • Options
    Fat_SteveFat_Steve Posts: 361
    @IOS
    "I think anyone who predicts a Tory majority should be forced to say which group of voters Cameron couldn't win at the last election against Brown he will win this time."

I would start with the 25% of current Labour supporters who don't think EdM would make best PM.
    Though I don't have a record of how they all voted last time.

Or perhaps the 64% of the population who think he's doing badly as Labour leader.
    Add 12% DontKnows to that, you've got a big pool to fish in.
    http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/jvppnukmjz/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Leaders-070813.pdf
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    IOS said:

Ahh detective Fitalass!

Detective Fitalass stared at her paper. She knew that the pundits had to be right. She just knew. Curse those pesky academics with their research. Don't they know that detective Fitalass's intuition is far far better.

Then she saw it. A tweet from a Labour MP citing a academic piece of research. Ahh she thought. There it is. I am right and the experts are wrong. And back down she sat safe in the knowledge that everything, no matter what, was always bad for Labour.

You are getting even sadder IOS, not only are you channelling tim, you are making a point of attacking fitalass. You really are a terribly sad individual.
  • Options
    If anyone is watching the t20, stunning innings by Carberry for 100*

Hampshire at 202-3 look very well set.
  • Options
    Square root

I am guessing you are one of Tim's stalkers who is looking for someone else to latch on. I don't exact;y see what makes my behavior sad but that's your look out. I am going to LOL at fitalass though when she says things like that. It is always a treat seeing Fitalass's insight to election results.

She is pretty harmless though. Unlike Plato who see's fit to slander all those on the left by saying we "have an issue with Jews"
  • Options

surbiton said:

I believe UKIP will end up with 6% of the votes - mostly from the Tories.

The ex-tories seem the most likely UKIP supporters to revert. So the bulk of UKIP's increased share in 2015 must surely come from 2010 LD, and 2010 non-voters.

You should read the views of some of these Con to UKIP switchers on Conhome . The chances of them reverting are close to zero as long as Cameron stays as leader . What we do not know is what % of all Con to UKIP switchers they represent .
    Surbition predicts the UKIP vote will fall to 6%. A fall that drastic requires Con/Lab sympathisers to revert. 2010 LDs and 2010 non-voters have already passed on the Lab/Con choice.

UKIP getting 6% in 2015 would be a rise from last time, not a fall.
  • Options
    IOS said:

Unlike Plato who see's fit to slander all those on the left by saying we "have an issue with Jews"

Has Plato ever said that everyone on the left has an issue with Jews? I'd love to see a link to that.

• Options
    For instance
    http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3196/Ipsos-MORI-Political-Monitor-July-2013.aspx
    Mr Miliband has a net satisfaction rating of -1 among Labour supporters, with 43% satisfied and 44% dissatisfied.

By no means are all those 44% up for grabs. But some of them are.
  • Options
    So anyone who points out how nasty you are in your style of posting is a stalker, that's an interesting point of view. Its what tim does or says to anyone who points out his style of posting. Then again, I did say you were channelling tim, and of course its clear you are a misogynist as well.. the parallel is exact n'est ce pas?
    You should look at tim and how he behaves towards other posters rather than use him as your standard bearer.

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited August 2013
    fitalass said:

I know this link has already been posted today on PB, just adding the Keep Calm and Carry on Labour strategy. :)
    Twitter
    tom_watson ‏@tom_watson 7m
    A refreshingly sensible analysis of recent polls. Please remain calm. http://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/politics/2013/08/07/polling-observatory-27-labour-in-crisis-tories-resurgent-not-really/

You have to wonder why Tom Watson jumped ship in Falkirk.

That action alone says more than a thousand 'supportive' tweets.

If only IOS could read the tealeaves.

• Options
    carlcarl Posts: 750
    Fat_Steve said:

For instance
    http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3196/Ipsos-MORI-Political-Monitor-July-2013.aspx
    Mr Miliband has a net satisfaction rating of -1 among Labour supporters, with 43% satisfied and 44% dissatisfied.

By no means are all those 44% up for grabs. But some of them are.

Really? Or are those 44% are simply desperate for Labour to win but are dissatisfied with Miliband because they don't think he'll deliver? If so they certainly aren't "up for grabs".
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,675
    Buy assets, inflation is coming and the Bank doesn't care any more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/bank-of-england/10228255/Bank-of-England-ties-interest-rates-to-fall-in-unemployment.html

Ho hum. At least it will make some of the current debts manageable.
  • Options
    Sqaure Root

Misogynist? Jeez don't devalue the word.
  • Options
    IOS said:

Unlike Plato who see's fit to slander all those on the left by saying we "have an issue with Jews"

GeoffM said:

Has Plato ever said that everyone on the left has an issue with Jews? I'd love to see a link to that.

Any luck digging that quote out yet? It's a serious accusation and needs a link to support it.
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, Ed Ms current % Dissatisfied is equal to William Hague's maximum % Dissatisfied
    http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/poll.aspx?oItemID=88&view=wide#2000
    His average satisfied % is slightly higher than Hague's average.

I haven;t crunched the figures in detail. It looks he's slightly better than William Hague, but not as good as Michael Howard.
  • Options
    It was only a few days ago. Southam Observer linked it immediately. With words to the effect of "let's just leave that out there"
  • Options
    @Carl
    Some of those 44% may stay at home
  • Options
    Re Plato's posting about the Left and Jews. She certainly did post it, I saw it.

Southam Observer quite amusingly took it gently to task immediately, the rest of us just left it. It was Plato after all, it's the kind of thing we all expect from that particular poster.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Elizabeth Windsor ‏@Queen_UK 16m
    Spanish PM in the phone. Insists Bongo Bongo Land actually belongs to them and he's introducing a charge to travel there via Spain.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2013
    Is any of you a LibDem member?! Don't feel shy....I need you for a moment...

Apparently if you look at parliamentary selections section of LibDem website (which is in the part accessible only to members) there's another (it's not Berwick) LD held seat listed where new applications have been called.....suggesting the sitting MP is retiring.

I don't want to pay LD membership fee just to discover who is retiring....
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    edited August 2013
    So that will be a 'no' you can't back up your accusation that Plato said all those on the left have an issue with Jews.
    IOS said:

It was only a few days ago. Southam Observer linked it immediately. With words to the effect of "let's just leave that out there"

• Options
    Fat_Steve said:

Interestingly enough, Ed Ms current % Dissatisfied is equal to William Hague's maximum % Dissatisfied
    http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/poll.aspx?oItemID=88&view=wide#2000
    His average satisfied % is slightly higher than Hague's average.

I haven;t crunched the figures in detail. It looks he's slightly better than William Hague, but not as good as Michael Howard.

That's certainly a worry for Labour.

But two things work hugely in their favour compared to the Tories then. The general electoral dynamics (the anti-Tory 2010 Lib Dem vote, differential turnout etc), and the underlying strength of the Labour "brand".
  • Options
    carl said:

Re Plato's posting about the Left and Jews. She certainly did post it, I saw it.

Carl, please don't make or repeat any unsubstantiated accusations about your fellow posters.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    but IOS you have made a specific point of attacking Fitalass.. yet you accuse me of stalking when I point it out to you. Its what tim does too anyone who points out the nastiness in his style of posting.
    Why are you specifically attacking Fitalass night after night and why are you stalking her. Its not coinicidental that tim is on holiday is it??
  • Options
    Carl

When was it.

PBModerator. Can you look through the comments that ay have been edited. Are you going to take any action if it's proven?
  • Options
    Square Root

Any evidence to the statement I attack her night after night?
  • Options

Is any of you a LibDem member?! Don't feel shy....I need you for a moment...

Apparently if you look at parliamentary selections section of LibDem website (which is in the part accessible only to members) there's another (it's not Berwick) LD held seat listed where new applications have been called.....suggesting the sitting MP is retiring.

I don't want to pay LD membership fee just to discover who is retiring....

It's Sheffield Hallam, Andrea.

I think.

• Options
    @Avery

I was waiting for Neil...but we have new twist in the classic "Labour PPC surrounded by activists with placards" photo

Placing your daughter with an implausible dress next to you
    http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/resources/images/2529544.jpg?type=articleLandscape
  • Options
    IOS said:

Any evidence to the statement I attack her night after night?

That's a much more subjective assessment than a simple request for a link to an alleged comment.

I'm simply asking that supporting proof is given of a rather serious accusation based on a comment by Plato that apparently exists. That's all. Just to know where we all actually stand.

Cheers in advance.

• Options
    edited August 2013

@Avery

I was waiting for Neil...but we have new twist in the classic "Labour PPC surrounded by activists with placards" photo

Placing your daughter with an implausible dress next to you
    http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/resources/images/2529544.jpg?type=articleLandscape

I liked Nick Palmers 'English Country Garden' photo with its tasterful absence of placards, but the two Halesowen daughters win the competition .
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,969
    DONT PANIC!!!

"New Tory election guru may find UK a tough nut to crack
    Anger at betrayal of the Democratic-Labour axis tempered with the belief Jim Messina is embarking on one campaign too many"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/aug/07/jim-messina-democrat-tory-campaign

Reassuring words for Labour from Patrick Wintour..
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    edited August 2013
    On topic.

I don't think the Conservatives will win a majority at the next GE. I'd rate their chances as low as 15% .

But I am not convinced by Ed Miliband and however hard I try, I just can't see him as a leader. Controversially, I also doubt that very many important people in the Labour party are viscerally and determinedly committed to winning the next GE. I'm sure Ed Miliband is, but he needs to square a lot of very difficult circles with regard to his manifesto commitments, and how he squares those circles will take some political genius. Labour supporters will want hope and promises of growth and a return to rising living standards. And I don't think Miliband and Balls can sensibly offer those goodies given the economic difficulties.

Hence the impression I get (based on no science, just my own opinion) that the party are not fully behind a Labour victory. I'm not saying they want to lose, just that victory at the next GE isn't something they'll be getting overly excited about. 2015-2020 will be difficult, constrained years, with little extra money about to offer inspirational policies. I don't think it sits comfortably with Labour to govern under a £1trillion debt-pile. Their semi-reticence over winning (if I'm right) will display itself in the lack of enthusiam that I think will surround Miliband during the campaign. And let's face it, decent chap though he is, he will need backers with charm and articulacy.

So, despite my pessimism about Tory chances, I think there are some variables that could seriously help sustain a Tory recovery in the polls:

1. Miliband's lack of personal gravitas.
    2. Labour's diluted desire to win.
    3. An improving economy.
    4. The better the devil we know vote.

On the flip side, UKIP are a looming and large worry for the Tories. The European elections next year fall at a very unhelpful time, UKIP will likely do extremely well and will bask in the media narrative for a few weeks, making the right look divided and bringing the dreaded Europe issue to the fore. This will not be a good time for the Tories.

I'd say that even if UKIP subside and Labour fail to look the part under Miliband the Tories will still not reach a figure that gets them a majority. A higher number of seats than Labour will be the best they can rationally expect, sadly.
  • Options
    We keep asking on here "Which Labour voters that voted for Brown can be persuaded to vote Tory?" or words to that effect.
    That may just lead our thinking along fixed lines.
    One of the questions for the next election might be
    "Can Ed Milliband do a better job of selling Ed Milliband than Peter Mandelson did of selling Gordon Brown?"
    The product is better, but the salesman less persuasive.
  • Options
    Geoff

Considering I have less than 300 posts to my name I think we can statistically say it's a load of bollox pretty quickly/
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

DONT PANIC!!!

Anger at betrayal of the Democratic-Labour axis tempered with the belief Jim Messina is embarking on one campaign too many"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/aug/07/jim-messina-democrat-tory-campaign

This guy must be good. Shame I hadn't heard about him until a couple of days back. I hope he realises there isn't a billion dollar budget here and no TV commercials.
  • Options
    Fat_Steve said:

@Carl
    Some of those 44% may stay at home

They might do. Depends on how much faith you have in respective pollsters turnout filters.

Seems unlikely to me that 2010 Brown voters or anti-Tory 2010 Lib Dems will stay at home because they're not sure about Miliband, though.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,065
    Good evening, everyone.

Miss Vance, if that's true why did Labour apparently wish to hire him?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    @SquareRoot, have sent you a message.
  • Options

DONT PANIC!!!

At present – 20 months out – Labour has no campaign chief, no campaign war book and no agreed election message. That is simply unsustainable.

Does anyone have a way of contacting EdM? His mobile switched off.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    edited August 2013
    Fenster said:

On the flip side, UKIP are a looming and large worry for the Tories. The European elections next year fall at a very unhelpful time, UKIP will likely do extremely well and will bask in the media narrative for a few weeks, making the right look divided and bringing the dreaded Europe issue to the fore. This will not be a good time for the Tories.

I'd say that even if UKIP subside and Labour fail to look the part under Miliband the Tories will still not reach a figure that gets them a majority. A higher number of seats than Labour will be the best they can rationally expect, sadly.

The 2013 May Elections have already given UKIP a dozen target seats where they can sell themselves as contenders, the May 2014 elections should provide more.
  • Options

but IOS you have made a specific point of attacking Fitalass.. yet you accuse me of stalking when I point it out to you. Its what tim does too anyone who points out the nastiness in his style of posting.
    Why are you specifically attacking Fitalass night after night and why are you stalking her. Its not coinicidental that tim is on holiday is it??

Is Tim nastier than SeanT ? Why do you guys have such double standards ?

• Options
    Yup the lefts dislike of Jews

Anyone want to point out to Plato that Ed Miliband is Jewish. Now Geoff. Want to point out how many of my sub 300 posts have been aimed at Fitalass?

• Options
    PBModerator

As you saw fit to tell Carl off for making the claim without evidence you must have seen it as a serious accusation. Any chance of any action please.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746

surbiton said:

I believe UKIP will end up with 6% of the votes - mostly from the Tories.

The ex-tories seem the most likely UKIP supporters to revert. So the bulk of UKIP's increased share in 2015 must surely come from 2010 LD, and 2010 non-voters.

You should read the views of some of these Con to UKIP switchers on Conhome . The chances of them reverting are close to zero as long as Cameron stays as leader . What we do not know is what % of all Con to UKIP switchers they represent .
    Surbition predicts the UKIP vote will fall to 6%. A fall that drastic requires Con/Lab sympathisers to revert. 2010 LDs and 2010 non-voters have already passed on the Lab/Con choice.

UKIP getting 6% in 2015 would be a rise from last time, not a fall.
    A fall from their current ~20%.

• Options
    AveryLP said:

DONT PANIC!!!

At present – 20 months out – Labour has no campaign chief, no campaign war book and no agreed election message. That is simply unsustainable.

Does anyone have a way of contacting EdM? His mobile switched off.
    He'll be a Zen PM, Avery, get used to it.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    a ZEN PM..just what UK plc needs..
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

carl said:

Carl, please don't make or repeat any unsubstantiated accusations about your fellow posters.

Sorry , pbmoderator , it is not an unsubstantiated accusation but a statement of fact .

• Options
    edited August 2013
    IOS said:

Now Geoff. Want to point out how many of my sub 300 posts have been aimed at Fitalass?

Haven't the slightest idea; neither am I bothered about anyone's statistics in relation to talking about anyone else in a general sense.

Only want to see whether this alleged comment exists. It's a binary yes/no, and the yes can be proved beyond doubt.

Edit: Great news. Mark Senior, SO, IOS and Carl have all seen this comment. So many people have seen it that the link will be along in a jiffy.

Don't misunderstand me. My interest here is the backing up of accusations ref other posters, not the comment itself.

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    IOS said:

Ahh detective Fitalass!

But that's just wrong, if you bother to read the piece it says that Lab support is rock solid.

You seem to have appointed yourself tim's representative on earth, and discovered that it isn't quite as easy as he makes it look.

• Options
    Mark

We have now proven it. For what it's worth I don't actually think Plato thinks that. But it is indicative of her inability to sometimes think beyond her very simple narrative to life.

And simple it is.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    tims wanabees are in a froth tonight..just shows what a class act tim is..and he isn't...
  • Options
    IOS said:

Anyone want to point out to Plato that Ed Miliband is Jewish. Now Geoff. Want to point out how many of my sub 300 posts have been aimed at Fitalass?

The point is IOS is WHY you have recently chosen to pick on Fitalass. We all know Pork does it on a regular basis, we also know tim does it, so why have you suddenly picked up the cudgels. Its not because tim is on holiday is it??, I mean you wouldn't be deliberately picking on someone now would you?
  • Options
    Jesus

Square root. Other than tonight can you find two other instances. If no drop the recently and continued part.

And I hardly call picking on her satirising her continued attempts to see everything as bad for Labour.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    Can't the men (I assume) just let the women stick up for themselves ffs? Jeez.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,969
    edited August 2013
    IOS said:

You might want to provide the full quote:

"I find the odd relationship Labour has with the USA perplexing - it loves to hug the Democrats [who are to the right of the Tories on some issues] and yet is very anti-American almost as a matter of principle on everything else.

I give in trying to work out what's on. A bit like the Left's dislike of Jews on rather too many occasions. David Ward being the latest example. I'm not exercised much by it - just left scratching my head".

A little more nuanced than your claim, no?
  • Options
    Perhaps I got it wrong , were you attacking Plato last night or Fitalass or both, I am sure you can remember, and its NOT inconsistent with the fact that tim's comments have dropped dramatically, hence the presumption he is on holiday or ill or whatever and you have decided to stick the boot in. I mean you did exchange e mail addresses with tim in the days of disqus didn't you.. I mean you made a point of doing so.

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,065
    MIss Carola, one of the joys of being a man in the 21st century is that sometimes women criticise you for opening doors for them, and sometimes they criticise you for not opening doors for them :p
  • Options
    @fenster

I read it slightly differently re Labour. It's not the will to win.

It's that they are still a bit taken aback, and slightly bewildered, that they're even in a position to win after the drubbing of 2010.

So they're rebuilding under a new regime whilst also trying to get ready for Government. A toughy, right enough.

IoS or Surbiton might set us right on that, I dunno.
  • Options
    Carlotta

It is still a pretty offensive remark. It still an extremely stupid remark.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Fat_Steve said:

"Can Ed Milliband do a better job of selling Ed Milliband than Peter Mandelson did of selling Gordon Brown?"

The product is much, much worse, and the salesman inept.

Apart from that, Ed Miliband PM nailed on...
  • Options

MIss Carola, one of the joys of being a man in the 21st century is that sometimes women criticise you for opening doors for them, and sometimes they criticise you for not opening doors for them :p

Hold a door open for anyone. It's just good manners.

Don't hold a door open for a "young lady" with a flourish and a cheeky gawp at their chest. They, and everyone else, will think you're a twat.

Tips on modern life for PBTories, part one in a new series...

• Options

You might want to provide the full quote

Yes, instead of being a complete fiction, it was a partial quote out of context.
    I still believed after that link had turned up that we were waiting for another stronger one.
    Glad we sorted that out anyway.

• Options

I'm not even sure it's chivalry when it raises its head on PB. More often than not it's using women 'victims' of your own political persuasion to have a dig at someone of a different political persuasion. It's patronising and pathetic. I'm surprised - well, probably not... more disappointed - that the defendees accept it.
  • Options
    After Hampshire getting 203-3 in the t20, who'd have thought it'd get down to 4 off the last ball?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Fat_Steve said:

The product is much, much worse, and the salesman inept.

Apart from that, Ed Miliband PM nailed on...
    Remind us again, your prediction for the Tory gains in Scotland in 2010 ?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Remind us again, your prediction for the Tory gains in Scotland in 2010 ?

Ask my creepy stalker for his fictitious numbers. I had a few speculative bets, but as other punters will be quick to point out, a bet is not a prediction, unless you would be interested in some Nigerian Gold Mining shares I can sell you...?
  • Options
    Carola said:

...I'm surprised - well, probably not... more disappointed ...
    You can't say that, Carola.

Not when everyone knows you are a teacher!
  • Options

IOS said:

"I find the odd relationship Labour has with the USA perplexing - it loves to hug the Democrats [who are to the right of the Tories on some issues] and yet is very anti-American almost as a matter of principle on everything else.

I give in trying to work out what's on. A bit like the Left's dislike of Jews on rather too many occasions. David Ward being the latest example. I'm not exercised much by it - just left scratching my head".

For example, are the BNP or NF lefties ?

• Options
    @Avery

Have you picked over that report yet?
  • Options
    DM fp playing to the older demographic x3 (or x4 for Avery...):

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/365217169027514368/photo/1
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

After Hampshire getting 203-3 in the t20, who'd have thought it'd get down to 4 off the last ball?

England U-19 lost again today !
  • Options
    Scott P isn't someone who wants to be taken seriously. He also has no impact on anything. He is just someone who wants to feel good about himself by looking down on someone else.

A very sad life he must lead.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Carola said:

@Avery

No, Miss.

Summat came up.

I'll do it by tomorra.

Promise.

• Options
    IOS said:

Scott P isn't someone who wants to be taken seriously. He also has no impact on anything. He is just someone who wants to feel good about himself by looking down on someone else.

You should look in the mirror a bit more given the personal attacks you have made.
  • Options
    IOS said:

He is just someone who wants to feel good about himself by looking down on someone else.

A better description of my creepy stalker I have yet to see, but as his deputy, you still have much to learn, Grasshopper.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Carola said:

@Avery

No, Miss.

Summat came up.

I'll do it by tomorra.

Promise.

Bah. It's the big holidays. Take as long as you like.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

IOS said:

He is just someone who wants to feel good about himself by looking down on someone else.

A better description of my creepy stalker I have yet to see, but as his deputy, you still have much to learn, Grasshopper.
    LOL

• Options
    I feel like I should launch a personal attack on someone, or a counter-attack on a personal attack, or a staunch defence against a personal attack against a personal counter-attack.

New thread?
  • Options

Scott P isn't someone who wants to be taken seriously.

It is flattering then that so many posters hang on my every word.

It's like chum in the water... Not a post can go buy without comment.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    surbiton said:

Bangladesh U-19 are an improving side and Hossain batted well. Let's hope their youth development comes through at Test level as it did for Sri Lanka a few decades a go.

Edit: Carberry for the ODIs?
  • Options
    Square Root

Yeah I will give you Scott was a personal attack. But then on that I don't really care. If he is really happy in himself then he can ignore me. But I suspect not.

As for Fitalass, give over.
  • Options
    Carola said:

AveryLP said:

Carola said:

@Avery

No, Miss.

Summat came up.

I'll do it by tomorra.

Promise.

You still have big holidays? Hasn't Govey got you learning the Bible backwards in Latin to recite to your Year 3s yet?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Scott P isn't someone who wants to be taken seriously.

It is flattering then that so many posters hang on my every word.

It's like chum in the water... Not a post can go buy without comment.
    I never said what I have been quoted as saying
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

Bangladesh U-19 are an improving side and Hossain batted well. Let's hope their youth development comes through at Test level as it did for Sri Lanka a few decades a go.

I see the young Yorkshire lad Will Rhodes making his mark with Eng U-19.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,512
    edited August 2013

IOS said:

Not much.

I'm sure the customary PB lauding of Dan Hodges took place after his piece on Tory racism and anti-Semitism.

'Most Tory traditionalists aren't racist – but most Tory racists are traditionalists. What is the Right going to do about its Patrick Mercers?'

http://tinyurl.com/l2hf5kg
  • Options
    carl said:

Carola said:

AveryLP said:

Carola said:

@Avery

No, Miss.

Summat came up.

I'll do it by tomorra.

Promise.

You still have big holidays? Hasn't Govey got you learning the Bible backwards in Latin to recite to your Year 3s yet?
    Lol. Not yet. Give it a while and I'll be taking a camp bed in full time no doubt ;)

Usually I go into work for a week, go on holiday for a couple of weeks and do voluntary work for a couple of weeks... but I've crumpled my collar bone so all that's out this year.
  • Options

A decent 32 and a wicket today but his ton against Pakistan yesterday was a bit good. 102 off 104 balls. Can't argue with that.

• Options
    IOS said:

Square Root

Yeah I will give you Scott was a personal attack. But then on that I don't really care. If he is really happy in himself then he can ignore me. But I suspect not.

Why should I, You have been pretty unpleasant the last few nights. When you are more pleasant and less rude, I'll not need to highlight your unpleasantness will I?

• Options

I never said what I have been quoted as saying

True. Inexpert edit on my part. Sorry. It was highlighting text in a previous post quoted by you.
  • Options

GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

W. Rhodes, from Yorkshire ? He must be older than Jack W !
  • Options
    Square Root.

I think I posted here on tuesday maybe and that has been the only time in nearly 3 weeks ( I think) so I just think you are factually wrong about the commonality of your accusations.
  • Options

IOS said:

Square Root

Why should I, You have been pretty unpleasant the last few nights. When you are more pleasant and less rude, I'll not need to highlight your unpleasantness will I?

Is it just Labour posters unpleasantness you choose to "highlight", out of interest?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

W. Rhodes, from Yorkshire ? He must be older than Jack W !
    Not Quite ;-) I give you the great Wilfred Rhodes ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Rhodes

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,039
    Plato writes an unpleasant post about the left and Jews so the moderator takes Carl to task.....

Square Root humps the legs of all the lady posters who'll stroke him. Everyone turns away embarrassed........

Carola smacks the coquetish females for lying down and letting the drooling Square Root dribble all over them.

"It's patronizing and pathetic" says Carola. As Jolly Geoff joins in....

Just another night on PB......
This discussion has been closed.