Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Reminder: There’ve been only 2 published LAB polls the late

Comments

• Options
    King Cole, I hadn't heard that, but sympathise greatly with that author.

Not sure if it still happens, but rivals Nook, Kindle and others apparently used to switch names. So, you could end up with a character nook some firewood, or searching even kindle and cranny.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    I win more money if YC wins than JC - but the lolz will be bigger if JC wins.

I'm torn.

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,222

Miss Cyclefree, I can be quite absent-minded [a month or two after I self-published my first book, I forgot the name of the second most important character]. Perhaps I just forgot.

Ah, was that the event where people hid in the freezer and idiotic media broadcast their location?

I think it was indeed an example of me forgetting something. Ahem.

On Labour's woe: I'm beginning to think the deliberate shambles theory holds water. But does the margin of potential Corbyn victory alter the prospect of a potential re-run?

Yes it was. I think there is now some legal action against the media. The bravery of that young man was one of the few lights in the whole horrible story. One of the people who was killed was a young man who seized one of the guns to try and kill the terrorist, did not realise that the gun was jammed and was shot. He was young; the son of the Chief Rabbi of Tunisia.

All 4 of those killed were taken to Israel to be buried. Rather vilely, some suggested that this proved where their true loyalties lay - as if this somehow justified what was done to them - and proving only that some people will find any reason to be horrible to Jews.

• Options

Oh, no sign of Queenie or 60009 at Waverley.

Now heading west...

I used to watch 'Union of South Africa' steam past my classroom in Berwick on Tweed virtually daily in the 1950's and she was a show stopper then as she is today. Magnificient
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Must be a big chance of a legal challenge. I still ascribe to Dan Hannan's theory that Labour are deliberately cocking up the election so it might be nullified.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/09/labour-closes-ballot-helpline-leadership-election-deadline?CMP=share_btn_tw

Just an omnif*cking clustershambles.

1. There will have to be another election.

2. Back to the nominations.

3. Oh, Corbyn isn't being nominated.

4. What a shame.

- the secret Harman Plan.

Yeah, what are the chances of Corbyn being nommed a second time? 0.02%?

However, the exciting new Trotskyite membership would Not Be Happy.
    That would be a recipe for a huge part of the membership to break off and form a new Podemos-style party.

It just gets better and better.

• Options
    What's with the bi-lingual station signs?

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

DanSmith said:

DanSmith said:

The thing is for Corbyn to lose, YouGov doesn't just have to be wrong, it has to be massively wrong.

As Stephen Bush said, "100,000 people didn’t join the Labour party on deadline day to vote against Jeremy Corbyn"
    Add to that a lot of established members struggling to get a vote (notable for me how quiet the £3ers are at this stage. Those that wanted to vote Corbyn, have voted Corbyn.) and I think it's looking good for Jezza.
    I am unclear as to whether members who have not received a ballot paper have received the email which allows them to vote online. I voted online the day before I received my ballot paper - which then went straight into the recycling bin.
    Also, the £3ers can only vote online, IIRC.
    I'm a 3 Quidder and received a ballot paper in the post.

Could have sworn they were only supposed to be able to vote online. More piss up brewery syndrome?
    My ballot paper had a vote online option on it, but I used the postal method.
    ISTVR that it was online only if you were one of the later signing ups.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,371
    Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Must be a big chance of a legal challenge. I still ascribe to Dan Hannan's theory that Labour are deliberately cocking up the election so it might be nullified.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/09/labour-closes-ballot-helpline-leadership-election-deadline?CMP=share_btn_tw

4. What a shame.

That would be a recipe for a huge part of the membership to break off and form a new Podemos-style party.
    If UKIP are a model for such a party their departure could do Labour nothing but good.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

26 million quid for the 0.11% of the population who speak Gaelic (but not English) and also don't know which train station they are in...
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited September 2015
    SR After the Ref..most Scots are puzzled too..great way to spend the dosh tho...instead of improving the lot of some impoverished Scots..
  • Options

Miss Cyclefree, I can be quite absent-minded [a month or two after I self-published my first book, I forgot the name of the second most important character]. Perhaps I just forgot.

Ah, was that the event where people hid in the freezer and idiotic media broadcast their location?

On Labour's woe: I'm beginning to think the deliberate shambles theory holds water. But does the margin of potential Corbyn victory alter the prospect of a potential re-run?

Mr D, on self publishing wasn't it a self publihser who wrote a 40,000 word novel with the hero as "David". At the last minute the author decided to change his name to "Kevin" and auto-corrected.. She forgot that some action takes place in Rome and consequently there's a reference to Michaelangelo's statue of Kevin!
    On that theme...

https://twitter.com/KingRossco/status/640546199863488512
  • Options
    Fat Labour loosened its corsets but couldn’t fill its benches. Many gaps in the ranks. Opposition MPs were wandering Westminster in a daze of incredulous despair and failed to find their way into the chamber.

Many of them will fail to find their way back into the House at the next election.
    http://order-order.com/2015/09/09/like-cockroaches-the-corbynista-swarm-survives/
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

26 million quid for the 0.11% of the population who speak Gaelic (but not English) and also don't know which train station they are in...
    Or indeed what part of the country since the very few Gaelic only speakers generally live on the Islands. With no trains.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    DavidL said:

Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

4. What a shame.

If UKIP are a model for such a party their departure could do Labour nothing but good.
    Since it will include the bulk of their activists, I doubt it.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Or indeed what part of the country since the very few Gaelic only speakers generally live on the Islands. With no trains.

The best of the bunch is Glasgow Queen Street
  • Options
    Mr. Price, that's rather good.

In Republic of Thieves, by Scott Lynch, I appreciated the corrected (to British) spellings. Although they went a little overboard, and added Us to spell 'evapourate' a couple of times :p
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    edited September 2015
    DavidL said:

Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

4. What a shame.

Quite - this is what I was getting at in my InstaCoup piece yesterday. Labour should not want these new members. They are nothing but trouble for the party. At best, they want them to vote Labour in a marginal while holding their nose. Anywhere else they can happily go Green or TUSC, or not vote.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

4. What a shame.

Yep, it would be absolutely great news. The unions would probably follow. And then the Tory funding reforms would really do some damage. However, rather like Spurs winning the league, it is just too good to happen.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Is it as many as that who don't speak English, only Gaelic? Surely not. That's around 60,000 people.

• Options
    Disraeli said:

RobD said:

Peak Guardian

Is it OK for a Guardian-reading leftie to play Grand Theft Auto?

http://bit.ly/1IYno3y

There are some good lol's there:

"So long as you only steal environmentally friendly vehicles I don't see how there could be a problem."

"There are plenty of equally unsavoury games out there - I'm thinking of that battlefield simulation game where you hack your way through the enemy's low-status troops before deposing their leader... Chess, I think it's called.

And I'd be very concerned if, as a self-proclaimed "leftie", you admitted to enjoying Monopoly."
    Enjoyed the chess one. Bet they love that the Queen is the most powerful piece (fitting, given the day)!
    Chess is a game in which White has an in-built advantage over Black.

Discuss...
    I think that someone (Asimov?) once theorized that if you had two computers play each other, and
    a) Each computer was a perfect chess player
    b) Each computer knew that the other computer was a perfect chess player,
    then a game between the two of them would run,
    COMPUTER#1: Pawn to KP4
    COMPUTER#2: Resigns.
    Surely if computer #2 saw "Pawn to KP4" rather than the more elegant description of "1. E4" as opening move notation it might think it had a chance against a poorly designed machine ?

Pedant dept

;)
  • Options
    Gaelic signs is just an SNP wedge to ram invented differences down the throats of the country. Costs millions to change over - despicable.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    edited September 2015
    Following on from Henry earlier (or perhaps they are one and the same!):

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 7m7 minutes ago

Labour MP tips Angela Eagle as shadow chancellor under Corbyn. Would ensure a woman at the top.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    TGOHF said:

Disraeli said:

RobD said:

Peak Guardian

Is it OK for a Guardian-reading leftie to play Grand Theft Auto?

http://bit.ly/1IYno3y

There are some good lol's there:

"So long as you only steal environmentally friendly vehicles I don't see how there could be a problem."

"There are plenty of equally unsavoury games out there - I'm thinking of that battlefield simulation game where you hack your way through the enemy's low-status troops before deposing their leader... Chess, I think it's called.

And I'd be very concerned if, as a self-proclaimed "leftie", you admitted to enjoying Monopoly."
    Enjoyed the chess one. Bet they love that the Queen is the most powerful piece (fitting, given the day)!
    Chess is a game in which White has an in-built advantage over Black.

Discuss...
    I think that someone (Asimov?) once theorized that if you had two computers play each other, and
    a) Each computer was a perfect chess player
    b) Each computer knew that the other computer was a perfect chess player,
    then a game between the two of them would run,
    COMPUTER#1: Pawn to KP4
    COMPUTER#2: Resigns.
    Surely if computer #2 saw "Pawn to KP4" rather than the more elegant description of "1. E4" as opening move notation it might think it had a chance against a poorly designed machine ?

Pedant dept

;)
    The best chess computers don't waste their memory storing such useless formalisms. "Horsey to that square there"
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Would the UK have to accept Junkers new dictum.. that refugees can start work right away..or do we have a veto..wonder what the 500 million workers and non workers in the EU think of that..Who TF is Junker anyway..who voted for this prat..
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

DavidL said:

The best of the bunch is Glasgow Queen Street
    I shall see in a few minutes.

Soon to be renamed "President Street", anyway :-)
  • Options
    Indigo said:

DavidL said:

Danny565 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

4. What a shame.

Since it will include the bulk of their activists, I doubt it.
    Oh no! You mean they would no longer be able to deliver their fabulous and irresistible ground game? That would be a disaster.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

"Gaelic names first appeared on Scottish station signs in 1996. Selected stations on the lines north of Inverness (plus Aviemore) received name boards with green lettering, 1 or 2 per platform, either placed below an 'English' name board, or separately on a lamp post.

The West Highland Line stations also gained Gaelic name boards around 1996, these too had green lettering but also a blue stripe with "Rathad Iarainn Nan Eilean" (Iron road to the Isles) in white text, plus an appropriate coat of arms. Again there were only 1 or 2 of these signs per platform. Dumbarton Central, Dalmuir, and (oddly) Partick were included in this West Highland route branding, whilst signs at Glasgow Queen Street featured the strap-line "Rathad Iarainn Na Gaidhealtach" (Iron road to the Highlands) and a historically inappropriate Highland Railway coat of arms."

http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/page/Gaelic+Station+Names
  • Options

Forgot to say - I have crossed the border - getting ever closer to the distillery!

Which distillery did you go to?
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Is it as many as that who don't speak English, only Gaelic? Surely not. That's around 60,000 people.

Its not even 600. There may well be 60,000 native speakers who use Gaelic as a matter of course at home etc but of course they speak English as well.
  • Options

Would the UK have to accept Junkers new dictum.. that refugees can start work right away..or do we have a veto..wonder what the 500 million workers and non workers in the EU think of that..Who TF is Junker anyway..who voted for this prat..

The UK, Ireland and Denmark can choose whether or not to take part in the EU quota scheme

I guess they can also ignore Juncker if they wish to.
  • Options

Will it is on the edge of "Freedom Square" (sic)

Sounds just like any other tinpot republic...
  • Options

The UK, Ireland and Denmark can choose whether or not to take part in the EU quota scheme

I guess they can also ignore Juncker if they wish to.
    It is quite likely the others will as well. He needs his proposal to be approved by QMV by the States affected and they refused to do something similar on a smaller scale a few months ago.

Juncker has clearly learned from watching Yes Minister. When seeking closer union never let a crisis go to waste.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Mandela Square is close by. Would that do?
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Mr. Price, that's rather good.

In Republic of Thieves, by Scott Lynch, I appreciated the corrected (to British) spellings. Although they went a little overboard, and added Us to spell 'evapourate' a couple of times :p

Can you elabourate further?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Mandela Square is close by. Would that do?
    Spot off for a pint in the "Yesbar" - previously the "Vesbar"

• Options
    Apols if already posted.
    A google map showing the most searched Labour leadership names.
    Jezza leads in Hertsmere.
    https://googledataorg.cartodb.com/u/googledata/viz/393b3a1c-4cf7-11e5-9a01-42010a14cb63/embed_map
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062
    Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Thicko strikes again , 26 million my erse you stupid thick headed dumpling. Away and learn to count you halfwit.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So what was or is the projected total cost of changing the road and rail signs..
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Gaelic signs is just an SNP wedge to ram invented differences down the throats of the country. Costs millions to change over - despicable.

Another dumpling emigrant who does not know who introduced Gaelic signs.
  • Options
    Mr. T, my apoulogies, but I cannout.
  • Options

Apols if already posted.
    https://googledataorg.cartodb.com/u/googledata/viz/393b3a1c-4cf7-11e5-9a01-42010a14cb63/embed_map

Most searched for name in:

Corbyn's constituency: Corbyn
    Burnham's constitueny: Corbyn
    Kendall's constituency: Corbyn
    Cooper's constituency: Kendall.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

david, surprised you are in the gutter with Scott , many many Gaelic speakers live in Glasgow and the mainland. Poor that you are down to the level of your party.
  • Options

SR After the Ref..most Scots are puzzled too..great way to spend the dosh tho...instead of improving the lot of some impoverished Scots..

Not surprised you would be taken in by Scott's utter tripe
  • Options

So what was or is the projected total cost of changing the road and rail signs..

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-lesser-of-two-stupids/
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Wronger than a wrong thing.
  • Options
    MG I haven't .. but as you seem to know all about what in Scotland..perhaps you can tell us what has been spent on the change in road and rail signs
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Wronger than a wrong thing.
    You have to wonder how anyone can be that stupid, he surely has to be a parody and does it on purpose.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Also wronger than a wrong thing.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,991

Apols if already posted.

It just feels so weird to see vast swathes of the rural UK draped in Red. A portent of things to come under Corbyn, no doubt.
  • Options

MG I haven't .. but as you seem to know all about what in Scotland..perhaps you can tell us what has been spent on the change in road and rail signs

go to the link I provided
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

david, surprised you are in the gutter with Scott , many many Gaelic speakers live in Glasgow and the mainland. Poor that you are down to the level of your party.
    Many, many is overstating it. My point is that they also speak English almost without exception these days.

Historically, Glasgow probably had more Gaelic speakers than anywhere else after cleared Highlanders drifted down there but that is long gone. Those that speak Gaelic there now have learned it as a second language.

When my wife was a child in Oban they had Gaelic classes in school divided between beginners (like her) and native speakers. The native speakers were normally from the Islands who boarded in Oban during the week and some of them at that time had pretty limited English, at least to start with. But that was far more years ago than my dearest would like to admit or I would be brave enough to say!
  • Options
    MG and Alastair..all we are asking for are the numbers..
  • Options
    edited September 2015

There are no numbers. There is no budget (of any appreciable size - Is suppose they have to pay someone a couple of quid to make sure they don't say Penis by accident) for changing signs to Gaelic.

When signs are replaced due to general maintenance they may or may not have Gaelic added to them.
  • Options

You thick turnip click on the link I posted
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Only zoomers cite the zoomer Campbell .
  • Options
    DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Many, many is overstating it. My point is that they also speak English almost without exception these days.

Historically, Glasgow probably had more Gaelic speakers than anywhere else after cleared Highlanders drifted down there but that is long gone. Those that speak Gaelic there now have learned it as a second language.

When my wife was a child in Oban they had Gaelic classes in school divided between beginners (like her) and native speakers. The native speakers were normally from the Islands who boarded in Oban during the week and some of them at that time had pretty limited English, at least to start with. But that was far more years ago than my dearest would like to admit or I would be brave enough to say!
    Still poor David , plenty still speak it and for the miserly amount spent on it, it is value for money given it is a part of our culture , even if it is only a benefit to the islands, which I doubt.
  • Options
    MG so from the link you provide the figure seems to be 5.1 million to change the road and rail signs that will only be of use to a very small number of people..way to go babe..roll on independence.. and the inevitable bankruptcy..
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

You care to refute any of the facts or numbers in the link with evidence then.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

MG so from the link you provide the figure seems to be 5.1 million to change the road and rail signs that will only be of use to a very small number of people..way to go babe..roll on independence.. and the inevitable bankruptcy..

No, that's the figure for all Gaelic language activites in undertaken by the Bòrd na Gàidhlig. which was setup by the LibDem/Labour government.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Post a link to a reputable source and I'll happily read it.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Post a link to a reputable source and I'll happily read it.
    So, given that Gaelic language rail signs started appearing in 1996 how is it a SNP plot by the current SNP government?
  • Options
    Alastair..not according to the link.. quite surprised that no one has costed the item.. maybe that is the way the SNP gov does its biz..seems rather un businesslike to me..
  • Options
    edited September 2015

So you cannot read then. It clearly states that 5.1M is the annual budget for all things Gaelic. It states £2M forever and not even that as previously stated by Alistair , they are only done when road signs are being changed and so cost pennies. So it costs next to nothing. Get to Specsavers.

You really are a dullard
  • Options
    MG YEP..I am a total dullard....now what is the price of crude today.. hovering around fifty bucks..heheh
  • Options
    TGOHF said:
    So some turkey like you writes some rubbish on a completely different topic and that is the best you can come up with, back under your rock.
  • Options

Alastair..not according to the link.. quite surprised that no one has costed the item.. maybe that is the way the SNP gov does its biz..seems rather un businesslike to me..

Try reading it , how do you manage in real life
  • Options

MG YEP..I am a total dullard....now what is the price of crude today.. hovering around fifty bucks..heheh

And your point is halfwit
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Still poor David , plenty still speak it and for the miserly amount spent on it, it is value for money given it is a part of our culture , even if it is only a benefit to the islands, which I doubt.
    We spend £17m on BBC Alba for the benefit of 60,000 speakers, all of whom speak English. That's about £283 each. I really question whether that is value for money or fair on the rest of us.

OTOH I accept that there is value in maintaining a highland culture, particularly the music, the dancing and the singing. The Mods continue to be pretty popular and do receive support from the cultural budget. That seems to me entirely appropriate.

But the signage nonsense is just silly. I don't often agree with opinion pieces in the Guardian but I agree with this one: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/dec/11/ian-jack-saddened-by-scotland-going-gaelic
  • Options
    Wow, the zoomers are really riled today.

Is it the Queen upstaging Nicola, or is there more bad news to come out today?
  • Options
    FPT gardening!
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

You are using the words "sexy" and "John Lewis" in the same sentence. Any minute now, you will start gardening and refusing to go out on Friday night because Monty Don is on the tele. Welcome to middle age!

Nothing wrong with gardening, as my mum would tell you!

No indeed. I'm quite passionate about it.
    My mum even won Redbridge in Bloom for her front garden (container category) - second year in a row! And fifth time in total!

Um, I chipped in some watering... occasionally! :)
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    Scott_P said:

Must be due a resignation. Has anyone been left to die at the side of the road recently?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

We spend £17m on BBC Alba for the benefit of 60,000 speakers, all of whom speak English. That's about £283 each. I really question whether that is value for money or fair on the rest of us.

OTOH I accept that there is value in maintaining a highland culture, particularly the music, the dancing and the singing. The Mods continue to be pretty popular and do receive support from the cultural budget. That seems to me entirely appropriate.

But the signage nonsense is just silly. I don't often agree with opinion pieces in the Guardian but I agree with this one: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/dec/11/ian-jack-saddened-by-scotland-going-gaelic
    David we get more football on there than on BBC. They spend more on Linekar and a few duffers down south so it is hardly money wasted. We pay £320M a year to London for the BBC , £17M is a fraction of that.
  • Options
    MG.. tis a total dullard who cannot see the point..When will you be putting Syrian signs up..I know your beloved leaders want to embrace the thousands of refugees and they will need to find their way around... problem is there will be more of them than Scots who only speak Gaelic
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

You cretin , how would you even recognise the fact.
  • Options
    watford30 said:
    Just voicing their opinion , we do live in a democracy ( supposedly ). SNP supporters are not sheeple like you southerners.
  • Options
    watford30 said:

Must be due a resignation. Has anyone been left to die at the side of the road recently?

There is another cronyism row
    This latest row focused on Springfield Properties, run by Alexander Adam, a property tycoon. Mr Adam and Springfield have given the SNP and the Yes campaigns almost £100,000 over the past three years.

Over the same period, Springfield has been given government contracts worth nearly £1 million.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article4549487.ece
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,701

Mr D, on self publishing wasn't it a self publihser who wrote a 40,000 word novel with the hero as "David". At the last minute the author decided to change his name to "Kevin" and auto-corrected.. She forgot that some action takes place in Rome and consequently there's a reference to Michaelangelo's statue of Kevin!
    On that theme...

https://twitter.com/KingRossco/status/640546199863488512
    https://twitter.com/KingRossco/status/641622620107075584
  • Options

MG.. tis a total dullard who cannot see the point..When will you be putting Syrian signs up..I know your beloved leaders want to embrace the thousands of refugees and they will need to find their way around... problem is there will be more of them than Scots who only speak Gaelic

Dear Dear you really are pond life
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

watford30 said:

There is another cronyism row
    This latest row focused on Springfield Properties, run by Alexander Adam, a property tycoon. Mr Adam and Springfield have given the SNP and the Yes campaigns almost £100,000 over the past three years.

Over the same period, Springfield has been given government contracts worth nearly £1 million.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article4549487.ece

Good grief. What's the hideous building in the photo accompanying that article - a prison or a bus station?
  • Options
    watford30 said:

Good grief. What's the hideous building in the photo accompanying that article - a prison or a bus station?

A lunatic asylum
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,894
    On topic green on 3

Very red on Kendall managed to lay when 2nd favorite

I am not worried
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

On topic green on 3

I am not worried

Kendall over or under Abbott's 2010 performance (7.4%)?
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    If Queen Elizabeth II dies today, and if King Charles III (or King George VII, or whatever) dies on 18th November 2018, then King William V will equal the record for the longest ever reign in British history on his 100th birthday.

If Prince Charles dies before Queen Elizabeth II dies, then Queen Elizabeth II would have to die before 15th April 2017 in order for King William to become the longest reigning monarch before his 100th birthday; if she died some time after that date then King William V would have to live beyond his 100th birthday in order to break the record.

Unless of course Prince Charles / King Charles III beats him to it by living to the age of 130 or more.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Dear Dear you really are pond life
    A chara chara tá tú i ndáiríre an saol lochán
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Joking aside..That must rate as one of the worlds great architectural fuck ups.. it looks like a town hall in a severely deprived third world dictatorship state..where no expense is spared on
    fripperies..... sod the peasants who were paying for it...ooops
  • Options
    DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Alba broadcast the rugby so their cultural contribution is incalculably vast. Can you really put a price on that?
  • Options

Joking aside..That must rate as one of the worlds great architectural fuck ups.. it looks like a town hall in a severely deprived third world dictatorship state..where no expoese is spared on fripperies.....ooops

Can you guess if it was on time and on budget or not ?

The answer might push you towards a nervous malcdown.
  • Options
    "ISIL captures last government oilfield in Syria

ISIL captured parts of a major oilfield under Syrian government control following deadly battles east of Homs province."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/isil-capture-parts-government-oilfield-syria-150907123935546.html
  • Options
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Alba broadcast the rugby so their cultural contribution is incalculably vast. Can you really put a price on that?
    I'm all for Alba - it allows me to watch Scotland's most sucssesful club in action.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    TGOHF said:

Joking aside..That must rate as one of the worlds great architectural fuck ups.. it looks like a town hall in a severely deprived third world dictatorship state..where no expoese is spared on fripperies.....ooops

3 years late, and 10 times original budget at just under £half a billion in 2004.

Still, the donkey MSPs were very pleased to have clawed back £16 million.

That's Jock-a-nomics for you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6382177.stm
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

LOL, the wally dugs are down to commenting inanities to each other. Dumb and Dumber try to converse
  • Options
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Poll-Mhonadh?

When did that start?

Just maybe, if we didn't waste money on BBC Alba more rugby and football would be on BBC Scotland. With a commentary 99% of the population don't need to mute!
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    kle4 said:

Apols if already posted.

It just feels so weird to see vast swathes of the rural UK draped in Red. A portent of things to come under Corbyn, no doubt.
    I'm not surprised, Conservative voters hate him with a real passion and like Mary Whitehouse about sex on TV they can't have enough of it to criticize.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

LOL, the wally dugs are down to commenting inanities to each other. Dumb and Dumber try to converse
    That makes no sense - are you typing in Gaelic?
  • Options
    watford30 ..He doesn't know..
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,894
    Danny565 said:

On topic green on 3

I am not worried

Kendall over or under Abbott's 2010 performance (7.4%)?
    About the same.

If i had to bet would say under but who knows I thought Cooper would win she could come anywhere from 1st to last