Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

It's a tie - politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,844
edited June 26 in General
politicalbetting.com

Conservative 2019 voters who viewed the #BBCdebate think Sunak won by 82% to 18%https://t.co/wjNCCLiyWP pic.twitter.com/xe8eWvhX3E

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 33,361
    First!
  • Options
    Georgia saves us from the Netherlands!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,233
    Thought Rishi did quite well but won't make any difference.
  • Options
    James_MJames_M Posts: 88
    Clive and Laura need to work on this double act. They keep speaking over each other.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,568

Georgia saves us from the Netherlands!

I'm far from certain that Slovakia is easier than the Netherlands. The Dutch were pretty awful yesterday.
  • Options
    Absolutely sensational from Georgia, brilliant win.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 34,656
    @YouGov

Who do BBC debate viewers think came across as more...

Trustworthy: Sunak 39% / Starmer 50%
    Likeable: Sunak 33% / Starmer 52%
    In touch: Sunak 18% / Starmer 63%
    Prime Ministerial: Sunak 41% / Starmer 42%
  • Options
    A tie. Of course it is. It was hell watching it.
  • Options
    Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 43
    edited June 26
    Very favourable to the tories, that debate.

The question selection, the BBC write-up.

Still, Sunak performed well. The years of drilling by Dowden et al really show in that format.

Labour's final pitch - rolled out at the end - was simple and effective. Sunak's "Surrender" thing was embarrassing.

Overall, Sunak and CCHQ will be happy. Labour will be nervously poll-watching over the next few days.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 15,436
    Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Didn't something like this happen with the ITV debate as well? Sunak did way better on the headline "winning the debate" question than any of the supplementaries? When all the dust settles, there feels like a project for someone to work out why.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,584
    edited June 26
    Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Those numbers far closer than they were as is the headline debate figure apart from 'in touch' which given Sunak's wealth unsurprising.'

2019 Tories who had been undecided now saying Rishi won tonight by a landslide.

Given today's polls showing 41% Labour 20% Tory 15% Reform if by polling day we got to something like an exit poll of 36% Labour 29% Tory 11% Reform after this debate that would be like 2017 was for Labour for Tories. That now at the absolute top end of hopes though
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 16,160
    Cracking article on the happy path that was Sunak's career. Until it wasn't.

https://thecritic.co.uk/the-rise-and-fall-of-rishi/
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 116,187
    I'm never going to look at a wasp in the same way ever again.
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,206
    Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland
    EXCLUSIVE: New Scotland Only Westminster poll, Survation 21-25 Jun (changes vs 23-27 May):

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,498
    Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Sunak did a bit better on likeable and trustworthy compared to the first debate but the in touch result looks very bad for him .
  • Options
    StereodogStereodog Posts: 450
    Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

This tells me that the headline poll is giving Sunak credit for an effective performance rather than for anything he said.
  • Options
    They did shut up the guy screaming in the background at the debate after about the first twenty minutes.
  • Options
    MisterBedfordshireMisterBedfordshire Posts: 735
    edited June 26

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland
    EXCLUSIVE: New Scotland Only Westminster poll, Survation 21-25 Jun (changes vs 23-27 May):

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

Reform 8% in Scotland? Higher than the libdems?
    Shurely shome mishtake. Should be about 2%?u
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Didn't something like this happen with the ITV debate as well? Sunak did way better on the headline "winning the debate" question than any of the supplementaries? When all the dust settles, there feels like a project for someone to work out why.
    He did better in that debate.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,388
    “I suspect this debate will not change the fundamentals, Sunak is the worst rated PM at the eve of an election and the same applies to his government. In around nine days Sir Keir Starmer will become Prime Minister.”
    It won’t, but it might reduce the margin of defeat slightly.
  • Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,572
    FPT: I think someone should have the guts to organise a Lincoln-Douglas style debate. Six minutes from speaker A, nine minutes from speaker B and a three minute rejoinder from speaker A on each topic. You could cover six topics in two hours and it would be a damned sight more instructive than this rubbish because they'd have to develop their arguments.
  • Options

Or leave your flies open in the garden!
  • Options
    edited June 26

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

If the Tories really narrow the gap post this debate, on that poll it would be Scottish gains from the SNP which gives Starmer a clear UK wide majority.

In my view Starmer's performance and comments will have appealed more to 2019 SNP voters, LDs and Remainers than Leavers in the redwall and English marginals
  • Options

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

I remember Farage in Scotand a few years ago. He was virtually kicked out. Are chimps in the zoo taking this surveys.
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,620
    Watched Georgia’s stalwart performance against Portugal instead of this rancid debate format (which, surely, has to be completely rethought next time round?).

Fabulous result for the Georgians, and it’s always good to see Portugal get slapped.
  • Options

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

I remember Farage in Scotand a few years ago. He was virtually kicked out. Are chimps in the zoo taking this surveys.
    These surveys.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,506

Absolutely sensational from Georgia, brilliant win.

They played with such passion and amazing individual skills. They managed to make Portugal look really pedestrian at times. Best game of the tournament so far.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,542
    Wolfgang Munchau in The New Statesman on the likely limits/folly of Starmer's "renegotiation":

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/europe/2024/06/brexit-keir-starmer-eu-uk-haunt-labour-government
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

If the Tories really narrow the gap post this debate, on that poll it would be Scottish gains from the SNP which gives Starmer a clear UK wide majority
    Which seats? Ayr? Where else?
  • Options
    People on here grossly overestimate how many people will have watched that, and how many of them were genuinely undecided.

All of this is of marginal importance.
  • Options
    SteveSSteveS Posts: 112
    I missed the opportunity to comment on the coding debate on the last thread. I’m going to throw in Whitespace as a language and Galactic Trader for anyone who used Vax / vms
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,464
    Hopefully we can beat Slovakia. I am quite hopeful for Sunday evening

I am less confident of a CON majority
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 29,012

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

If Ref are on about 20% in England they're probably polling around 5-6% in Scotland.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Er... reminds me of this one:

https://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2023/12/12/that-he-should-be-so-lucky/
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

If Ref are on about 20% in England they're probably polling around 5-6% in Scotland.
    Depends on the respective loon quotient for each nation and where they go. The SNP probably retain the indy backing loons.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

If the Tories really narrow the gap post this debate, on that poll it would be Scottish gains from the SNP which gives Starmer a clear UK wide majority
    That is entirely possible.
  • Options
    Fwiw I doubt this debate will have shifted much opinion at all. No big talking points; wagergate and D-Day (and poor no-Sky Rishi) have been the real campaign moments, all of which demonstrate a party not fit to govern and a PM unfit to lead. Policies at this point are moot.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,498
    edited June 26

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

I think it shows the public are quite savvy in separating out their current voting intention and watching the debate from a neutral standpoint .

I scored Sunak as the winner but find him really annoying and unlikeable. And I think you can hold both positions at the same time.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    I took part in this YouGov poll, so it has a good representative sample of ordinary voters.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 26,248

They did shut up the guy screaming in the background at the debate after about the first twenty minutes.

Wasn't that Sunak?

I'm joking!
  • Options

Wasn't that Sunak?

I'm joking!

Wasn't that Sunak?

I'm joking!
    And it is funny!
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 4,812
    edited June 26
    FF43 said:

Cracking in the way a bitter journalist who really nobody will remember wants to find a way to make himself feel better.

What an absolute c. A journalist putting someone’s achievements on paper as a means of diminishing them when their own achievements are the tiniest woodlouse shit in the consciousness of the world.

It’s amazing how many journalists are so much more intelligent than those they write about but then, just stay average journalists.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 12,365
    SteveS said:

I missed the opportunity to comment on the coding debate on the last thread. I’m going to throw in Whitespace as a language and Galactic Trader for anyone who used Vax / vms

Whitespace is a monstrosity. Truly demonic.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,857
    I missed all the excitement as I attended the first hustings of my life, in SWW Wiltshire.

My main takeaway - the chairs were very uncomfortable.

There, I hope that helps inform any constituency betting in this seat.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,142
    edited June 26

Ah, but which sort of wasp?

This being pedantic betting, I have to point out that there are thousands of wasp species in the UK and many are fascinating and also slightly disturbing.

I'm assuming your wasp was the classic Vespula vulgaris, ruiner of picnics?

• Options
    nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

I think it shows the public are quite savvy in separating out their current voting intention and watching the debate from a neutral standpoint .

I scored Sunak as the winner but find him really annoying an unlikeable. And I think you can hold both positions at the same time.
    This is spot on, and I wouldn’t draw any conclusions from it.

Honestly I think these debates just make politicians in general look worse. The Sky format was probably the best.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 8,873
    I didn’t watch the debate, just seeing the highlights, and Sunak’s repeated use of “surrender” comes across to me as very artificial and performative. He’s just saying anything, and it shows.
  • Options
    boulay said:

FF43 said:

Cracking in the way a bitter journalist who really nobody will remember wants to find a way to make himself feel better.

What an absolute c. A journalist putting someone’s achievements on paper as a means of diminishing them when their own achievements are the tiniest woodlouse shit in the conscientious of the world.

It’s amazing how many journalists are so much more intelligent than those they write about but then, just stay average journalists.
    I'm sure senpai will notice you eventually if you keep defending his honour on here.
  • Options

Hopefully we can beat Slovakia. I am quite hopeful for Sunday evening

I am less confident of a CON majority

You think England have more chance of winning than the Conservatives?

#lowbar
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

Scottish Labour gains from the SNP
  • Options
    edited June 26

I took part in this YouGov poll, so it has a good representative sample of ordinary voters.

Good. Most polls seriously under-represent the cravat & crocs wearing demographic.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    boulay said:

FF43 said:

What an absolute c. A journalist putting someone’s achievements on paper as a means of diminishing them when their own achievements are the tiniest woodlouse shit in the consciousness of the world.

Right, forget that old PB header I linked to earlier. Nothing to see here...
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 48,383
    The most pointed statistic in that lot is probably that only 17% found the debate helpful
  • Options
    maxhmaxh Posts: 986
    Ghedebrav said:

nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

I scored Sunak as the winner but find him really annoying an unlikeable. And I think you can hold both positions at the same time.

Honestly I think these debates just make politicians in general look worse. The Sky format was probably the best.
    Agreed. I really hope we drop the head to head format for future elections. It does absolutely nothing good for politics or democracy.
  • Options

This being pedantic betting, I have to point out that there are thousands of wasp species in the UK and many are fascinating and also slightly disturbing.

Yah, the ruiner of picnics.
  • Options
    boulay said:

FF43 said:

What an absolute c. A journalist putting someone’s achievements on paper as a means of diminishing them when their own achievements are the tiniest woodlouse shit in the conscience of the world.

Journalists perform a vital function. I'm even prepared to say political commentators (who I would not class as journalists personally) perform a useful function.

But at times it can feel a bit like those who are too afraid to try something moaning about those who were not too afraid to try.

That's not to go soft on politicians, they ask to be given power and so must accept getting a harsh deal to a degree, but occasionally I feel like a well crafted line of criticism, though often merited, is a very easy thing to do versus attempting to implement things.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 5,417
    On that draw, with this squad, England should be red hot favourites. They are not. Piss off Southgate.
  • Options

If you somehow get a wasp stuck... there... then your picnic had already gone seriously wrong before the insect turned up.
  • Options

Can't believe TSE would associate with anything vulgaris tbh.
  • Options

Suggests a bit too skewed to the working class to me, if it has working class folk like you in it.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Good. Most polls seriously under-represent the cravat & crocs wearing demographic.
    I have never worn crocs in my life.

Do you know the truly scary moment when I was in hospital and the doctor told me I needed emergency surgery?

The doctor who told me was wearing crocs.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,142
    edited June 26

Yah, the ruiner of picnics.
    Swat away...

I once found out why most mountain bike helmets have a mesh on the front vent these days.

Not good.
  • Options
    OnboardG1 said:

boulay said:

FF43 said:

What an absolute c. A journalist putting someone’s achievements on paper as a means of diminishing them when their own achievements are the tiniest woodlouse shit in the conscientious of the world.

I'm sure senpai will notice you eventually if you keep defending his honour on here.
    Yes, I want to be beholden to him. I live somewhere else outside his government and influence, don’t need his politics, his money, his contacts, but other than that you are correct.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,128

People on here grossly overestimate how many people will have watched that, and how many of them were genuinely undecided.

82% of 2019 Tories thought Sunak won.

82%!

And the impact on their plan not to vote for Sunak? 0.82%
  • Options

Farooq said:

Do you know the truly scary moment when I was in hospital and the doctor told me I needed emergency surgery?

How did the waspectomy go?
  • Options
    The Sun headline very positive for Rishi 'RISHI'S RIGHT HOOK General Election 2024 updates -Rishi skewers Keir on immigration, taxes & women’s rights in fiery last debate'
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/28286594/general-election-2024-nigel-farage-rishi-sunak-keir-starmer/
  • Options

Any wasp with the temerity to find itself inside @TSE’s foreskin would be extremely vulgaris.
  • Options

82% of 2019 Tories thought Sunak won.

82%!

And the impact on their plan not to vote for Sunak? 0.82%
    Dunno. When you’re as far in the poo as Tory poll figures and his ratings are, this sort of thing can help reversion to the mean. I still think they could push 30% by polling day.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The Sun headline very positive for Rishi 'RISHI'S RIGHT HOOK General Election 2024 updates -Rishi skewers Keir on immigration, taxes & women’s rights in fiery last debate'
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/28286594/general-election-2024-nigel-farage-rishi-sunak-keir-starmer/

With a last gasp week of positive headlines I'm sure the Tories can climb to the dizzying heights of 100 seats, +- 10.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,128

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

Will be curious how this plays out considering the vast differences between different profiles of seats!
  • Options
    P.S. Whoever gave the Austria tip - thank you. Excellent trading potential.
  • Options
    I am going to regret telling you this all but...

My first ever date was a picnic and the chat up line I used was picnic related.
  • Options
    edited June 26

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

The LDs ability to remain at about 5-10% across nations and demographics is impressive.

Well done to Alba for getting on the board.
  • Options

Farooq said:

And you trusted him with your life? Was he Foxy?
  • Options
    Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 43
    edited June 26

Very favourable to the tories, that debate.

The question selection, the BBC write-up.

Still, Sunak performed well. The years of drilling by Dowden et al really show in that format.

Labour's final pitch - rolled out at the end - was simple and effective. Sunak's "Surrender" thing was embarrassing.

Overall, Sunak and CCHQ will be happy. Labour will be nervously poll-watching over the next few days.

Hmm. Thinking more about the "surrender" stuff. I'm not so sure it is so bad. It's presumably designed to rile up @Casino_Royale and the like, and I think it's likely to work as intended. It's not designed to win the centre. It's heavily defensive. Will it lose more votes than it helps retain?

It's obvious that it's obvious to CCHQ that the party is facing potential extinction.

The "surrender" shite is probably the best they've got, pathetic as it may seem to the rest of us.
  • Options

Ballot Box Scotland
    @BallotBoxScot
    BBS +
    @heraldscotland

Lab ~ 37% (+1)
    SNP ~ 31% (-1)
    Con ~ 14% (-3)
    RUK ~ 8% (new)
    LD ~ 7% (-2)
    Grn ~ 3% (new)
    Alba ~ 1% (+1)

Will be curious how this plays out considering the vast differences between different profiles of seats!
    And the lack of candidates for Green and Alba in some of them (admittedly that would be a fairly low impact).
  • Options

Farooq said:

It wasn't Foxy.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,574
    Nobody cares.
  • Options
    BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 19,771

Farooq said:

Though, was he wearing crocs with socks?
  • Options
    maxh said:

Ghedebrav said:

nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Agreed. I really hope we drop the head to head format for future elections. It does absolutely nothing good for politics or democracy.
    It generates media attention, and vast column inches and blog posts. So if they have anything to do with it it won't be going anywhere.

One party, I think the LDs, want to mandate tv debates.
  • Options

Farooq said:

Though, was he wearing crocs with socks?
    No socks.
  • Options

Farooq said:

It wasn't Foxy.
    Don't they all wear crocs or similar in the surgery type areas? Hygiene thing?

Or have I imagined this for some weird reason?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,138

Picnic? As in chocolate bar? I would have p, p, picked up a Penguin instead :lol:
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,720
    maxh said:

Ghedebrav said:

nico679 said:

Scott_xP said:

@YouGov

Particularly if it doesn't involve the top two.
  • Options

I like the look of your lunchbox?

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 26,218

Farooq said:

Comfortable, easily washable - I can fully get why hospital staff wear them...
  • Options
    Ghedebrav said:

Watched Georgia’s stalwart performance against Portugal instead of this rancid debate format (which, surely, has to be completely rethought next time round?).

Fabulous result for the Georgians, and it’s always good to see Portugal get slapped.

Do you mean Portugal?
    Or Cristiano Ronaldo?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 34,656
    @LOS_Fisher

NEW: Met police confirms that it's taking over a small number of investigations into election-related bets from the Gambling Commission

Move could pave the way for political figures, as well as police officers, to face charges of misconduct in public office
  • Options

You didn't take a creampie to eat did you?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@LOS_Fisher

NEW: Met police confirms that it's taking over a small number of investigations into election-related bets from the Gambling Commission

Move could pave the way for political figures, as well as police officers, to face charges of misconduct in public office

Must be the first police case in years which has moved at lightning pace.
  • Options

She got stung by a wasp and you said “ not the only prick you are going to feel today”?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,397
    Scott_xP said:

@LOS_Fisher

Can the MET investigate the MET officers?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 46,213

Farooq said:

It wasn't Foxy.
    Don't they all wear crocs or similar in the surgery type areas? Hygiene thing?

Or have I imagined this for some weird reason?
    We are banned from Crocs, though surgical clogs are similar.

Something to do with the holes and infection risk or so I am told.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@LOS_Fisher

Hmmm.

Police officer overhearing decisions and making bets? Possible misconduct in public office. I can see that.

An MP who is not a minister? Much harder.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,397
    edited June 26
    So if England can bore past Slovakia, its the Suiss or the Italians in the QFs. Be home time if England don't suddenly play well.

The thing is England's side of the draw is the much easier one. I don't think they had a better route to a final in modern times. Now they don't face any of the real big boys until the final.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 26,218
    edited June 26
    Newsnight are using the Game of Thrones theme tune.

And a set of none entities being interviewed...