Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Oh my God – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

1. Washington is seriously - and I mean seriously - ugly

2. It’s also oddly Soviet. Lots of pompous buildings that don’t quite impress and they are all a sludge brown colour. It’s not even Moscow. It’s more Minsk or east Berlin

3. They do, however, have Pret A Manger

I'll risk a 'man of the world' observation of my own here. A rare event but why not. Here it is - places that are administrative capitals only (eg Canberra, Bonn (as was), Bern, Brasilia, various others not starting with B, tend to be disappointing and dull as cities.
    Ottawa is dull, but not unattractive.
  • Options
    WestieWestie Posts: 426
    edited June 2023

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:
    It’s all staring to get a bit silly now…
    I must say I think the reverse.

There's so many named recent official sources, which is new.
    What counts is evidence which can be expertly examined and re-examined and reported on according to peer reviewed science standards. Adjectives and hearsay don't count. That which is merely unexplained visual phenomena doesn't count either. We can't explain lots of things - consciousness, the origin of the universe, the reason why the law of gravity is how it is and not different, why we see yellow as yellow and not green, how life began and so on - but we don't attribute it to aliens.

As and when there is a real story it isn't going to be confined to websites no-one has heard of. There is a fortune out there for real scientists and accurate journalists, and they will get it if they can.

The rest is noise.

I wouldn't quite agree with this point of view. Much of the new information is already out there on mainstream news sources, for instance. What we have here, I think, is an entirely new situation where there are multiple current-serving or recently, named governmental officials making extraordinary claims, but for whom there seems to a great deal of legislation preventing them going further. So I would say still this seems to be primarily an issue about process, for the moment, rather than materials or evidence yet.

This is why the focus in the U.S is shifting to new Congressional hearings, and possible changes in the law to make further whistleblowing on this topic more easy.

And an awful lot more current serving or recent officials pouring scorn on the idea.

It’s grift, pure and simple, and it’s conning people who want to believe.
    Well, let's do a little bit of a cut-and-paste of all the most credible recent sources, and do a sort of compilation of them, to see how they stack up.

When I have some time in a a bit, I will nose about and put them all together.
    Kind of a problem when there are no credible sources, just grifters and lunatics.
    This is a good piece on the latest UFO flap, and why it is different from all others. It makes the point I have been making for many months (but maybe you will accept it from the NYT if not from me) - even if you discount any idea of actual non human intelligence, the level of disclosure is now so high and detailed and “legitimate” something really really WEIRD is happening in the US government. At the very least. And smart people should now pay attention to this story

Indeed. What we have in fact is a completely new situation of multiple, current or near-current US official sources making UFO claims.

That 's certainly very interesting, at the least.
    And when China is knocking on their door, they will regret deeply investing time and resources in creating such a frivolous ruse.
    Although we can't say for sure if it's any ruse, ofcourse. What strikes me as very interesting is how differenr Grusch's profile has been from the classic UFO claimants. Currently serving, or very recently serving, preciously promoted and bright, and deep inside a US intelligence agency.
    David Grusch is former. The British former MOD guy Nick Pope is a closer parallel than Ed Snowden.

I doubt Ed Snowden gives a toss about UFOs any more than Annie Machon cares about half the things she talks about.

Throughout the 1990s alien abduction was a big thing, especially in the USA where it was a really big thing. The text that anybody interested in the field must read is Martin Cannon's piece The Controllers.

Then there was MJ12, pyramids on Mars, etc. Lots of "formers" spoke about this stuff.

Stuff about psi featured in psyops by both the USA and USSR going back to the 1960s and 1950s.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

I mean look at this. It’s big and it’s sort of imposing but it’s also bombastic and mediocre

It’s Ceaucescu’s Bucharest in fake tan

When in DC, thing to see is NOT the Dept of Commerce or whatever, but rather

> US Capitol = personally think it's way more interesting than the White House, plus lines are (or at least were) lot shorter.

> Smithsonian Institution museums = was ten years old when I saw "Spirit of St Louis" hanging from the ceiling - am still impressed!

> National Archives = check out the moth-eaten copy of Magna Carta, ditto Declaration of Independence and original US Constitution (best catch the later before the next Trump-MAGA administration sends it to the Trump Presidential Library for spare toilet paper).

> Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam War Memorial = each amazing in its own way.

> Embassy Row = even a world-weary globe-trotter like Leon might be impressed by the proliferation of flags and fine houses, in one of DC's toniest 'hoods.

> Fort Myers = parts that they MIGHT allow a dodgy Brit journalist (is there any other kind?) inside the perimeter.
    Agree re my ancestor's museums.
    Fun fact: OGH and I (and other members of our extended family) get free access to the Smithsonian museums.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898

SNP faces call to suspend Nicola Sturgeon from party following arrest

https://twitter.com/paulhutcheon/status/1667907820715491334?s=20

I suppose it depends on what the general approach for parties is, or more particularly what standard they apply to their opponents - that is, do you wait for a charge before you suspend? Probably, is the answer.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898
    rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

2. It’s also oddly Soviet. Lots of pompous buildings that don’t quite impress and they are all a sludge brown colour. It’s not even Moscow. It’s more Minsk or east Berlin

I'll risk a 'man of the world' observation of my own here. A rare event but why not. Here it is - places that are administrative capitals only (eg Canberra, Bonn (as was), Bern, Brasilia, various others not starting with B, tend to be disappointing and dull as cities.
    The exact opposite of how I describe myself.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,008
    Only a rumour - but it seems Bozo is putting his name around as willing to stand for London Mayor again.

And he probably can't lose politically unless either he's given the Tory Nomination, or the Tory candidate wins (which looks unlikely).
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,263

Rutherglen just got a bit trickier for the SNP

Keir Starmer is incredibly lucky.

This isn't about Starmer.
    No you are right, this is Nippy's special day and Boris' big weekend.

Starmer should but out!
    Arrived at our hotel in Liverpool before we sail to the IOM tomorrow at the same time the news broke in our hotel room

My wife and I collapsed laughing when we remember her reaction to Jo Swinson losing her seat at the last GE

Not laughing now are we Nicola?

Looks as if the next parliament will be a Starmer and labour walk over

Mind you, then the hard work begins

Let's just hope this image never sees the light of day!

Hang on - isn't that Swiss Tony?
    Eating a curry is very much like making love to a beautiful woman…….l
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,790
    ohnotnow said:

BBC editors doing a sterling job.

Compared to jail which might not be such a good place at some point in the future. Not forgetting innocent until proven not guilty , or not proven, particularly if one has a very good lawyer.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,391
    ohnotnow said:

Hahahah
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Leon said:

ohnotnow said:

Hahahah
    Yousaf is probably sh*tting himself. Unsurprisingly given what's been said about how he got the job. Otherwise why say anything?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,298
    edited June 2023
    Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I’m sorry for being right about everything. I know it’s annoying

We discussed this while you were busy posting your holiday photos.
    Nonetheless, I was right, wasn’t I? All those months and years ago, when I told you: IT CAME FROM THE LAB

At one point I was the only person on PB voicing that opinion, to the derision of all others. Indeed I was about to give up, until @Gardenwalker - bless him - said “you know, you might be on to something”

Think that was late 2020?
    Um, piss off. I most certainly did not deride anyone for theorising that it came from a lab. Once the lab's work and location were known, it was the only remotely sensible theory.
    How do you account for MERS? And the original SARS?
    I don't account for them. I don't know remotely enough about their origins to posit any sort of theory. This is whataboutery.
    It’s really not. It’s making the point that all known epidemics in the history of man have been natural in origin. That does not preclude covid being the result of genetic manipulation in the WIV but it makes it having a natural source eminently plausible, in the way all the others ones started by crossing species to man.
    Yes, in the absence of proof or near proof Natural is the default. For Lab to become favourite requires evidence compatible with Lab and incompatible with Natural. Just the first doesn't cut it.
    The overwhelming circumstantial evidence makes lab leak the default in this case. As it was from the start. A novel bat coronavirus with strange manipulations at the furin cleavage site making it more dangerous for humans emerges in the ONLY city in the world with a bio lab playing with novel bat coronaviruses, and doing so by manipulating the furin cleavage site to make the viruses more dangerous for humans?

What are the odds on there being NO connection between these two things? About a thousand to
    one against

So it’s the natural wet marketeers who have all the proving to do. And despite three years of strenuous effort what proof have they managed to find? None. Zero. Nil. Nada. Nuffink. Every paper that claims to find a link with the market has been savagely debunked soon after

Meanwhile the evidence for a lab leak grows with more and more revelations of secrecy and cover up - to the extent that the Chinese themselves are now saying Hell yeah, it could be the lab

At this point piously believing in a natural origin is a basic intelligence test. Which you have failed

It is weird how this has become political. It is - generally - a few people on the left who are still desperate to believe it came from the market. As we see here. Why? Is it really coz trump said “lab leak” three years ago? Does he bother you that much?

This is not politics. It’s basic logic. Get over yourselves. It almost certainly came from the lab

You have talents but logical reasoning isn't one of them. It's more my thing. And I'm not desperate to believe either way. You otoh are enormously invested. To the point I'd worry for you if it went the 'wrong' way.
    Yeah but you’re GAY*

(*I make this remark solely to please @kjh who is weirdly convinced I hurl this vile allegation when I get into an argument)

On this point - lab leak - your determined stupidity is far more interesting than your gayness
    I've merely provided the big picture logic template for looking at the relative probabilities. That's a service. To call it 'stupid' is bizarre and speaks to your hair trigger sensitivity on this. You're too invested to assess it properly despite the impressive amount of time spent getting across the detail. It's too raw for you. Too personal. I'm sure there's a reason for this. My sense is you energetically pushed the lab theory from the start and got called some hurtful names on the internet by lefty liberals. Well, my sympathies but not my fault. I'm Mr Logic here and Logic has no axe to grind.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,585

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

What counts is evidence which can be expertly examined and re-examined and reported on according to peer reviewed science standards. Adjectives and hearsay don't count. That which is merely unexplained visual phenomena doesn't count either. We can't explain lots of things - consciousness, the origin of the universe, the reason why the law of gravity is how it is and not different, why we see yellow as yellow and not green, how life began and so on - but we don't attribute it to aliens.

As and when there is a real story it isn't going to be confined to websites no-one has heard of. There is a fortune out there for real scientists and accurate journalists, and they will get it if they can.

The rest is noise.

I wouldn't quite agree with this point of view. Much of the new information is already out there on mainstream news sources, for instance. What we have here, I think, is an entirely new situation where there are multiple current-serving or recently, named governmental officials making extraordinary claims, but for whom there seems to a great deal of legislation preventing them going further. So I would say still this seems to be primarily an issue about process, for the moment, rather than materials or evidence yet.

This is why the focus in the U.S is shifting to new Congressional hearings, and possible changes in the law to make further whistleblowing on this topic more easy.

And an awful lot more current serving or recent officials pouring scorn on the idea.

Well, let's do a little bit of a cut-and-paste of all the most credible recent sources, and do a sort of compilation of them, to see how they stack up.

Kind of a problem when there are no credible sources, just grifters and lunatics.
    This is a good piece on the latest UFO flap, and why it is different from all others. It makes the point I have been making for many months (but maybe you will accept it from the NYT if not from me) - even if you discount any idea of actual non human intelligence, the level of disclosure is now so high and detailed and “legitimate” something really really WEIRD is happening in the US government. At the very least. And smart people should now pay attention to this story

Indeed. What we have in fact is a completely new situation of multiple, current or near-current US official sources making UFO claims.

And when China is knocking on their door, they will regret deeply investing time and resources in creating such a frivolous ruse.
    Although we can't say for sure if it's any ruse, ofcourse. What strikes me as very interesting is how different Grusch's profile has been from the image of a the classic UFO claimant. Currently serving, or very recently serving, young and bushy-tailed and preciously promoted and bright, and deep inside a US intelligence agency. That's a very similar profile to Edward Snowden, and he even has some of his earnest expression.

He may even be aware of the parallels, and is using him as his template. It's all very fascinating, and a story that bears following as it develops, I would say.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is currently zero empirical evidence which has been tested according to the standards of science or evidence analysis. Keep calm, wait and see. This a 'McCann' story - anything apparently new sells media by the million.

There are zillions of real scientists, experts and credible journalists who can make zillions out of the real story if there was any real story to relate.

• Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    kle4 said:

SNP faces call to suspend Nicola Sturgeon from party following arrest

https://twitter.com/paulhutcheon/status/1667907820715491334?s=20

I suppose it depends on what the general approach for parties is, or more particularly what standard they apply to their opponents - that is, do you wait for a charge before you suspend? Probably, is the answer.
    As Angus MacNeil says, Sturgeon suspended high-profile folk from the SNP for a lot less.
  • Options

Leon said:

I mean look at this. It’s big and it’s sort of imposing but it’s also bombastic and mediocre

> US Capitol = personally think it's way more interesting than the White House, plus lines are (or at least were) lot shorter.

> Smithsonian Institution museums = was ten years old when I saw "Spirit of St Louis" hanging from the ceiling - am still impressed!

> National Archives = check out the moth-eaten copy of Magna Carta, ditto Declaration of Independence and original US Constitution (best catch the later before the next Trump-MAGA administration sends it to the Trump Presidential Library for spare toilet paper).

> Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam War Memorial = each amazing in its own way.

> Embassy Row = even a world-weary globe-trotter like Leon might be impressed by the proliferation of flags and fine houses, in one of DC's toniest 'hoods.

> Fort Myers = parts that they MIGHT allow a dodgy Brit journalist (is there any other kind?) inside the perimeter.
    In case you think I am constantly dissing America, I saw Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater yesterday. It is outstanding. Probably the most beautiful “modern” house I have ever seen. Indeed one of the outright, top ten masterpieces of 20th century architecture, worldwide

And I went through some really pretty little towns in Maryland! Mmm

But DC? Eeek. Ugh
  • Options
    Taz said:

@malcolmg Enjoy, you deserve this moment.

Oh come on! he thinks everyone is a crook except Alex Salmond lol. Everyone is on the take in Malcolm's sad and twisted little small man syndrome world. On this one he got lucky, but seeing as he accuses everyone, except Salmond (possibly the object of his repressed fantasises), it isn't that lucky, and it certainly isn't intellect or judgement. I should think even God himself is on the make as far as Malcolm is concerned.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

Although we can't say for sure if it's any ruse, ofcourse. What strikes me as very interesting is how different Grusch's profile has been from the image of a the classic UFO claimant. Currently serving, or very recently serving, young and bushy-tailed and preciously promoted and bright, and deep inside a US intelligence agency. That's a very similar profile to Edward Snowden, and he even has some of his earnest expression.

He may even be aware of the parallels, and is using him as his template. It's all very fascinating, and a story that bears following as it develops, I would say.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is currently zero empirical evidence which has been tested according to the standards of science or evidence analysis. Keep calm, wait and see. This a 'McCann' story - anything apparently new sells media by the million.

There are zillions of real scientists, experts and credible journalists who can make zillions out of the real story if there was any real story to relate.

So: please explain the behaviour of multiple senior members of the entire US Establishment, from Obama down. Generals, senators, CIA heads, the head of NASA, top NYT journalists, airforce commanders, navy admirals - they are all saying “this is a real mystery. It’s not just balloons. Something is up there”

And now the whistleblower

How do you explain all THAT?

I completely agree the actual evidence (photos, videos) is pitifully weak
  • Options
    eek said:

Only a rumour - but it seems Bozo is putting his name around as willing to stand for London Mayor again.

And he probably can't lose politically unless either he's given the Tory Nomination, or the Tory candidate wins (which looks unlikely).

This has started popping up on Twitter. Does he actually have a strategy, or are his people just starting a chaotic loads of rumours to see if anything sticks?
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

In practically every phrase of every clause, you sound as though you are clinging on to the comfort blanket of what you thought at the outset.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,622
    My most interesting US Capitol experience.

Many many moons ago, had a five-hour layover in Our Nations Capital, luckily at [now Reagan] National Airport.

Thinking quickly, decided to take the (then pretty new) DC Metro to the Mall. First stop was National Archives. Then strolled to US Capitol.

It was summertime, and place was thronged with visiting school groups and other tourists. PLUS Congress was still in session, so politicos and their underlings were dashing about as well. Was pretty easy to tell the difference!

I checked further, and found out that while House was not currently meeting, the Senate was. So headed to office of one of my home state senators to get a pass for the visitor's gallery.

On the way, turned a marble-clad corridor, and nearly ran into . . . wait for it . . . Bob Dole. Who was then US Senator from Kansas, and Republican Majority Leader. And in the news a LOT.

After obtaining my pass, headed for the gallery, and on the way encountered . . . you guessed it . . . Bob Dole. Who gave me a smile and said, "Hi!" So naturally I said "Hi!" back, then we both went on our merry ways.

When I made it to the gallery, my seat did NOT have a very good view, could only see maybe one-third of the senatorial desks, which turned out to on Republican side of the chamber.

And who did I spot in the front row? Bob Dole!

Who looked up and gave me a look. At which I looked at my watch, and realized that it was time for me to boogie back to the airport for my next flight.

As I left the Capitol, couldn't help wondering IF Bob Dole was checking with Capitol Police re: some weirdo who was apparently stalking him . . .
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,183
    Power wanes, chains bind,
    Sturgeon's fate, justice unfolds,
    Leadership's downfall.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,865
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Ah, that Smithson! Duly impressed. Much better than some royal bastard or dodgy financier.
  • Options
    Parliament's breeze sighs,
    Boris's path veiled in mist,
    Resignation's hush.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,786
    Just seen the news. Wow.
  • Options
    eek said:

Since it IS Kamehameha Day, perhaps it's apropos to note that Boris Johnson may be taking a political
    Leon said:

Leon said:

In case you think I am constantly dissing America, I saw Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater yesterday. It is outstanding. Probably the most beautiful “modern” house I have ever seen. Indeed one of the outright, top ten masterpieces of 20th century architecture, worldwide

And I went through some really pretty little towns in Maryland! Mmm

But DC? Eeek. Ugh
    Did you stop by the Barbara Frietchie House in Frederick? Testimony to the power of literature and mythology.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Nonetheless, I was right, wasn’t I? All those months and years ago, when I told you: IT CAME FROM THE LAB

At one point I was the only person on PB voicing that opinion, to the derision of all others. Indeed I was about to give up, until @Gardenwalker - bless him - said “you know, you might be on to something”

Um, piss off. I most certainly did not deride anyone for theorising that it came from a lab. Once the lab's work and location were known, it was the only remotely sensible theory.
    I don't account for them. I don't know remotely enough about their origins to posit any sort of theory. This is whataboutery.
    It’s really not. It’s making the point that all known epidemics in the history of man have been natural in origin. That does not preclude covid being the result of genetic manipulation in the WIV but it makes it having a natural source eminently plausible, in the way all the others ones started by crossing species to man.
    Yes, in the absence of proof or near proof Natural is the default. For Lab to become favourite requires evidence compatible with Lab and incompatible with Natural. Just the first doesn't cut it.
    The overwhelming circumstantial evidence makes lab leak the default in this case. As it was from the start. A novel bat coronavirus with strange manipulations at the furin cleavage site making it more dangerous for humans emerges in the ONLY city in the world with a bio lab playing with novel bat coronaviruses, and doing so by manipulating the furin cleavage site to make the viruses more dangerous for humans?

What are the odds on there being NO connection between these two things? About a thousand to
    one against

So it’s the natural wet marketeers who have all the proving to do. And despite three years of strenuous effort what proof have they managed to find? None. Zero. Nil. Nada. Nuffink. Every paper that claims to find a link with the market has been savagely debunked soon after

Meanwhile the evidence for a lab leak grows with more and more revelations of secrecy and cover up - to the extent that the Chinese themselves are now saying Hell yeah, it could be the lab

At this point piously believing in a natural origin is a basic intelligence test. Which you have failed

It is weird how this has become political. It is - generally - a few people on the left who are still desperate to believe it came from the market. As we see here. Why? Is it really coz trump said “lab leak” three years ago? Does he bother you that much?

This is not politics. It’s basic logic. Get over yourselves. It almost certainly came from the lab

You have talents but logical reasoning isn't one of them. It's more my thing. And I'm not desperate to believe either way. You otoh are enormously invested. To the point I'd worry for you if it went the 'wrong' way.
    Yeah but you’re GAY*

(*I make this remark solely to please @kjh who is weirdly convinced I hurl this vile allegation when I get into an argument)

On this point - lab leak - your determined stupidity is far more interesting than your gayness
    I've merely provided the big picture logic template for looking at the relative probabilities. That's a service. To call it 'stupid' is bizarre and speaks to your hair trigger sensitivity on this. You're too invested to assess it properly despite the impressive amount of time spent getting across the detail. It's too raw for you. Too personal. I'm sure there's a reason for this. My sense is you energetically pushed the lab theory from the start and got called some hurtful names on the internet by lefty liberals. Well, my sympathies but not my fault. I'm Mr Logic here and Logic has no axe to grind.
    There is something in this. But you slightly misconstrue

I AM emotionally invested and yes it is partly because I was derided for saying “it came from the lab” when almost everyone else was dutifully parroting the ludicrous wet market theory - and when we were literally forbidden from talking about lab leak on Twitter and Facebook

But who wouldn’t be a tad invested in those circumstances? I was a lone voice here and elsewhere and now - I believe - I have been almost completely vindicated. So yes I gloat, sometimes. And maybe I overdo the chortling

But imagine if you were me. You’d feel a bit Told You So as well, I am sure

If wet market is proved (lol) I will happily come on here and metaphorically pour ordure over myself. But that ain’t gonna happen

Indeed, unfortunately for all of us I very much doubt we will ever get 100% proof that satisfies everyone. We will likely end up near where we are now. 98% certain it came from the lab but there will still be that 2% doubt for others to cling on to

Right. That’s enough covid. To the Vietnam memorial!

• Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,082
    kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

The exact opposite of how I describe myself.
    You describe yourself as not unattractive, but dull?
  • Options
    Whispers in the lab,
    COVID's origins unknown,
    Truth yearns to be found.
  • Options
    Right, better go and do some late afternoon sunbathing next to my pool. It is a great day, and not least because the supposed whiter than white ex-leader of the SNP (not the one once described as a bully and a sex pest) has been arrested.

Hopefully people will begin to wake up to what Scottish Nationalism is all about: amoral and pernicious.

I am sure I will get some playground rant from Malcolm, who along with his undisputed title of most intellectually challenged poster on PB is a perfect nasty angry personification of the average hate filled Scottish Nationalist.

I have one thing to say to Scottish Nationalists: Independence is finished. hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,819
    edited June 2023
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Fun fact: OGH and I (and other members of our extended family) get free access to the Smithsonian museums.
    Is the surname sufficient or does familial connection have to be demonstrated?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,349

Leon said:

Leon said:

I too am Spartacus.
  • Options
    When I was a kid, one of the must-see sites to see, was FBI HQ.

Back in the days when J. Edgar Hoover was a living legend, feared by lawbreakers and presidents alike.

NOT a defunct drag-queen punch-line.

Almost as amazing 180-degree u-turn in public regard as with Prince Harry. Almost.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,667
    Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

It is not a case of being weirdly convinced because you do, although only to @kinabalu. I mean the posts are there. When he has you rattled you accuse him of being gay. Not even sure why you think it is an insult. You aren't 5 years old or living in the 70s.

The other two insults you go for when rattled are accusing people of being boring or claiming you are more intelligent. You are very predictable.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,509
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I too am Spartacus.
    No, you are @SeanT. Everyone is.

Except @SeanT.
  • Options
    @RossLydall
    Tory mayoral candidate shortlist: congrats to @Councillorsuzie @DanielKorski and Mozammel Hossain KC
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I too am Spartacus.
    I am Leon and so is my wife

Leon, loads of us thought it was a possibility. What most of us laughed about was your obsession with aliens and nuclear Armageddon and What Three Words. it probably was a lab leak. Maybe it wasn't. You, like the rest of us are just guessing, though most of us are not driven by Sino-phobia. By the way, you are GAY! (probably)
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Big deal. Descendants of Marquis de Lafayette were granted US citizenship in perpetuity.

Sorry y'all didn't rate THAT honor. But thanks anyway! (BTW do you also get free lunch at museum cafes?)
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,106
    CBS News Poll: Trump Posts Biggest Lead Yet Over DeSantis

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

https://twitter.com/iapolls2022/status/1667889021459070977
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,347
    I’m coming late to this thread, and it’s really a waste of pixels as it’s going to have been covered, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,166
    edited June 2023

eek said:

This has started popping up on Twitter. Does he actually have a strategy, or are his people just starting a chaotic loads of rumours to see if anything sticks?
    Can't see how'd he have a chance in hell of winning a city which voted 60-40 remain and isn't up against Ken Livingstone. Many of his ex-voters in London probably feel embarrassed to have ever voted for him.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

It is not a case of being weirdly convinced because you do, although only to @kinabalu. I mean the posts are there. When he has you rattled you accuse him of being gay. Not even sure why you think it is an insult. You aren't 5 years old or living in the 70s.

The other two insults you go for when rattled are accusing people of being boring or claiming you are more intelligent. You are very predictable.
    VERY predictable, yes. And I'm not gay as it happens. I just have a soft feminine side.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,776

eek said:

Can't see how'd he have a chance in hell of winning a city which voted 60-40 remain and isn't up against Ken Livingstone. Many of his ex-voters in London probably feel embarrassed to have ever voted for him.
    *Raises hand* :disappointed:
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    DougSeal said:

Parliament's breeze sighs,
    Boris's path veiled in mist,
    Resignation's hush.

Marine mammal makes
    Poetic observation
    About lying oaf
  • Options
    There are four Washington, DCs. At least.

> Historical-Mythological Washington

> Federal-Political Washington

> Diplomatic-Military-Industrial Complex Washington

> Big City - Local Neighborhood DC

Any perspective that fails to factor in at least 3 of the above is bound to be sorely limited.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

Bonn is great, but it was a city long before it was the temporary administrative capital
    Ah ok. Yes, I was imputing that one. Never been.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

eek said:

He’s be much more well advised to stand as an independent in a Brexity mayoral election when they are next up.

That said, the London vote is switching to FPTP, and the greens and libs are powerful enough there to split the vote……
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,496

Leon said:

Leon said:

It makes it the best theory in the absence of a lab studying precisely such viruses and how to increase their transmissibility a petri dish throw away from the epicentre of the outbreak. If other pandemics had similar labs, the natural explanation would cease to be the most plausible one there too. To deny this is willfully credulous.
  • Options
    Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

So: please explain the behaviour of multiple senior members of the entire US Establishment, from Obama down. Generals, senators, CIA heads, the head of NASA, top NYT journalists, airforce commanders, navy admirals - they are all saying “this is a real mystery. It’s not just balloons. Something is up there”

Two separate questions: Why are people X, Y and Z saying and acting as they are.
    and
    What is the evidence (empirical, direct, material, subject to expert analysis, open to contest) of extra terrestrial activity, and what is the agreed conclusion.

Question 1: No-one knows.

Question 2: None known. Wait and see. (But there are fortunes to be made by scientists, journalists, publishers and experts if there were anything hard and real to work on so they will if they can.

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

You my Dum-Dum!
  • Options
    Djokovic wins in straight sets against Ruud to win his 23rd Grand Slam tennis title.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    biggles said:

I’m coming late to this thread, and it’s really a waste of pixels as it’s going to have been covered, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

While I understand and even can partake in the joy at today's news I'm unconvinced of the scale of damage it will bring to the SNP. I do suspect that the years of unchallenged hegemony might now be over, I think the losses will be limited and I expect support for indy will remain around 40 per cent or so . Wrt to the latter I'm unsure they'd have won the vote anyway.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

eek said:

2008 AND 2012 :blush:
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,532
    Sturgeon released without charge.
  • Options

Right, better go and do some late afternoon sunbathing next to my pool. It is a great day, and not least because the supposed whiter than white ex-leader of the SNP (not the one once described as a bully and a sex pest) has been arrested.

Hopefully people will begin to wake up to what Scottish Nationalism is all about: amoral and pernicious.

I am sure I will get some playground rant from Malcolm, who along with his undisputed title of most intellectually challenged poster on PB is a perfect nasty angry personification of the average hate filled Scottish Nationalist.

I have one thing to say to Scottish Nationalists: Independence is finished. hahahahahahahaha

Not quite. Cometh the hour, cometh the Kate Forbes. She would change the rules of the game.

• Options
    kinabalu said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

VERY predictable, yes. And I'm not gay as it happens. I just have a soft feminine side.
    Oi! We're not all into poncey poetry and flowery dresses I'll have you know.

You have been caught peddling lazy stereotypes about the fags and will therefore have to be cancelled. Sorry.
  • Options
    felix said:

biggles said:

While I understand and even can partake in the joy at today's news I'm unconvinced of the scale of damage it will bring to the SNP. I do suspect that the years of unchallenged hegemony might now be over, I think the losses will be limited and I expect support for indy will remain around 40 per cent or so . Wrt to the latter I'm unsure they'd have won the vote anyway.
    Oh absolutely and I even have a soft spot for Scottish independence and some in the SNP. But I can’t stand that woman and I am cruel enough to laugh at her reputation going up in flames.
  • Options

Whispers in the wind,
    Mountains from molehills arise,
    Fuss fades into naught.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I too am Spartacus.

Except @SeanT.
    Now I’m just confused.
  • Options
    @RossPolitics

Wee bit of political trivia. Jack McConnell left office in 2007. He is the last former First Minister of Scotland NOT to have been subsequently arrested by the police.
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatCorrectHorseBat Posts: 1,761
    Why was she arrested then?
  • Options
    Westie said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

In practically every phrase of every clause, you sound as though you are clinging on to the comfort blanket of what you thought at the outset.
    What I thought at the outset is 'Wait and see'. I still think so. I think I will be with a majority/plurality of the population.

• Options
    Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

There is something in this. But you slightly misconstrue

I AM emotionally invested and yes it is partly because I was derided for saying “it came from the lab” when almost everyone else was dutifully parroting the ludicrous wet market theory - and when we were literally forbidden from talking about lab leak on Twitter and Facebook

But who wouldn’t be a tad invested in those circumstances? I was a lone voice here and elsewhere and now - I believe - I have been almost completely vindicated. So yes I gloat, sometimes. And maybe I overdo the chortling

But imagine if you were me. You’d feel a bit Told You So as well, I am sure

If wet market is proved (lol) I will happily come on here and metaphorically pour ordure over myself. But that ain’t gonna happen

Indeed, unfortunately for all of us I very much doubt we will ever get 100% proof that satisfies everyone. We will likely end up near where we are now. 98% certain it came from the lab but there will still be that 2% doubt for others to cling on to

Right. That’s enough covid. To the Vietnam memorial!
    Nowhere near 98% lab theory of course - 'lols' to that in fact - but yes that memorial will be moving. It featured in the climax of the Ken Burns doc with the well chosen Let It Be accompaniment.
  • Options

To obtain answers.

A charging decision today was never going to happen.

Either way a charging decision will be made in the future.
  • Options

This was explained earlier. Police taking opportunity to question her under caution. Contents of interview can then be used in court if a prosecution takes place at some point in future.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

I've never visited Brasilia but the story of it is amazing and becomes even more so when you learn that Juscelino Kubitschek is believed by many to have been a reincarnation of Akhenaton. It was built in less than 4 years. There's no way the famous winged entity in the plan is meant to represent (to all audiences) an aeroplane.

You should have taken some dowsing rods. Might have got more out of going there.
  • Options
    Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

These are all people in the US mediapolitico nexus who are paid (either on the payroll or by some other means) to push out every piece of turd that is considered vital world news by the US authorities. Remember 'Kony', 'Bring back our girls', 'bullying' and other such long-forgotten media bandwagons. I have no idea why they're pushing aliens, but the fact that they're all pushing the same deeply implausible guff is pretty much the status quo. This is just even less plausible than usual.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    pigeon said:

kinabalu said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

You have been caught peddling lazy stereotypes about the fags and will therefore have to be cancelled. Sorry.
    No but also yes since Leon is guilty of exactly this. Because I have a soft feminine side that I'm unafraid to show he calls me gay. It's real 70s throwback stuff. Have we *really* come as far as we think? I'm not so sure sometimes.
  • Options
    Right date night is starting.

If the world of politics could calm the fuck down for the next 8 hours or so I would appreciate it.
  • Options

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Not quite. Cometh the hour, cometh the Kate Forbes. She would change the rules of the game.

Scotland needs a competent Government, so I'd welcome Forbes.
  • Options

Right date night is starting.

If the world of politics could calm the fuck down for the next 8 hours or so I would appreciate it.

I've told the king no shenanigans over honours lists.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited June 2023
    Westie said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

Although we can't say for sure if it's any ruse, ofcourse. What strikes me as very interesting is how differenr Grusch's profile has been from the classic UFO claimants. Currently serving, or very recently serving, preciously promoted and bright, and deep inside a US intelligence agency.
    David Grusch is former. The British former MOD guy Nick Pope is a closer parallel than Ed Snowden.

I doubt Ed Snowden gives a toss about UFOs any more than Annie Machon cares about half the things she talks about.

Throughout the 1990s alien abduction was a big thing, especially in the USA where it was a really big thing. The text that anybody interested in the field must read is Martin Cannon's piece The Controllers.

Then there was MJ12, pyramids on Mars, etc. Lots of "formers" spoke about this stuff.

Stuff about psi featured in psyops by both the USA and USSR going back to the 1960s and 1950s.

I wouldn't say Nick Pope was anything like this guy Grusch. Another point I would just make is that the comparison with Snowden is more in their profiles, rather than Snowden having any interest in UFO;s.

Pope was a semi-detached office person the Mod essentially employed to log outside sightings, with not apparently any clearance whatsoever to look at anything private and classified himself, as I think he's himsekfadmitted.

Grusch is a young military-intelligence functionary, first inside from a military and then intelligence point of view, who seems to have been privy to all sort of classified information. He was also the very recent head of one of the three or four entire units investigating this, not a distantly retired general, or semi-detached military man, as so many of these supposed claimants have tended to have been.

I think the more relevant question, as I mentioned earlier, is if there will be upcoming law changes on this kind of issue that some are discussing , and whether, if these happen, Grusch, and the many others now appearing, will have then have some more concrete infornmation to back up their claims.
  • Options
    pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
    Trump: When I left, Venezuela was ready to collapse. We would have taken it over, we would have gotten all that oil.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1667682589333659648
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,363
    CD13 said:

I very much doubt there are any any aliens about. Not nearby anyway - as the speed of light is rapid but the nearest ones will be probably several hundred light years away it's a long bus ride away.

Maybe they have learned how to warp spacetime ...
  • Options
    pigeon said:

This was explained earlier. Police taking opportunity to question her under caution. Contents of interview can then be used in court if a prosecution takes place at some point in future.
    The police, politicians and lawyers love to say that they have to arrest you to protect your rights.

It’s funny when they are the ones having their rights protected.
  • Options
    pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
    Plus thirty eight?

“I wasn’t too sure but him being indicted really made me think he was the man for me”.
  • Options
    @christiancalgie
    💥huge shock as Paul Scully fails to make the shortlist for Tory London mayor.

Final three are Dan Korski, Susan Hall and Mozammel Hossain.

Rishi scared of another by-election if Scully had won?

@christopherhope
    This is a major shock. Paul Scully was a key Boris Johnson supporter.
    One Conservative MP close to Johnson tells me this is further evidence of a purge of Johnson supporters from a chance of getting a top job.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,776

CatMan said:

eek said:

Had moved away from London by 2012. Don't know if I would have voted for him then. But I did vote Tory in 2010. Not sure which one to be more embarrassed about.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

A devastating critique. I’m actually thinking of retiring from PB now you’ve said that. You don’t know the power of your words
  • Options
    Leon said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

A devastating critique. I’m actually thinking of retiring from PB now you’ve said that. You don’t know the power of your words
    You should turn your digitals off at the memorial.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,732
    Westie said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

First impressions

I've never visited Brasilia but the story of it is amazing and becomes even more so when you learn that Juscelino Kubitschek is believed by many to have been a reincarnation of Akhenaton. It was built in less than 4 years. There's no way the famous winged entity in the plan is meant to represent (to all audiences) an aeroplane.

You should have taken some dowsing rods. Might have got more out of going there.
    I thought Bonn quite a pleasant place when I went there. Green, full of cyclists and bombed buildings and rude shop staff, but nonetheless quite a nice city stop.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,235

To allow her to be questioned under caution.
  • Options
    biggles said:

pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
    Plus thirty eight?

“I wasn’t too sure but him being indicted really made me think he was the man for me”.
    That’s just the way Americans report polls. It’s the lead rather than the delta.
  • Options

CD13 said:

I very much doubt there are any any aliens about. Not nearby anyway - as the speed of light is rapid but the nearest ones will be probably several hundred light years away it's a long bus ride away.

Given the number of alleged crashed UAPs the proposition that they could drive such a distance without disaster is far fetched.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

CatMan said:

eek said:

Had moved away from London by 2012. Don't know if I would have voted for him then. But I did vote Tory in 2010. Not sure which one to be more embarrassed about.
    I seem to remember the 2008 ballot paper in London being comically long.
  • Options

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

These are all people in the US mediapolitico nexus who are paid (either on the payroll or by some other means) to push out every piece of turd that is considered vital world news by the US authorities. Remember 'Kony', 'Bring back our girls', 'bullying' and other such long-forgotten media bandwagons. I have no idea why they're pushing aliens, but the fact that they're all pushing the same deeply implausible guff is pretty much the status quo. This is just even less plausible than usual.
    At Davos this year there was a panel on how to use fake alien stories to keep the truth from gullible citizens.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

I too am Spartacus.

Except @SeanT.
    Now I’m just confused.
    Definitely @SeanT, then
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

At Davos this year there was a panel on how to use fake alien stories to keep the truth from gullible citizens.
    Plausible, perhaps

But then, what is the wild underlying truth that demands this extreme weirdness?
  • Options
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

Plausible, perhaps

But then, what is the wild underlying truth that demands this extreme weirdness?
    We could bring you over the wall, but then you'd have to stop writing about artisanal flint dildos.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    Fact-check on Boris Johnson's resignation statement. A buzzer goes off when he lies.......Very funny! I gave up counting at about ten

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001msy8

(starts around 16 minutes)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    rcs1000 said:

pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
    Trump: When I left, Venezuela was ready to collapse. We would have taken it over, we would have gotten all that oil.

He's really quite mad, isn't he?
    These are the times you see for certain there isn’t a secret cabal running the world, because they’d just have him killed.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    biggles said:

rcs1000 said:

pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?

He's really quite mad, isn't he?
    These are the times you see for certain there isn’t a secret cabal running the world, because they’d just have him killed.
    Panem et circusus @biggles panem et circusus.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited June 2023
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

FPT :

algarkirk said:

viewcode said:

The rest is noise.

Plausible, perhaps

Yes, I think the idea that this is all a government ruse is about as unlikely as what Grusch is claming.

Repurposed technology from an adversary seems more likely, but then the Chinese don't seem advanced enough to have it. So the tall and short of it, is that we're actually left with the increased possibility that something very unlikely could , in fact , be true, but about which we may never know unless the law changes in the US.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,056
    DavidL said:

CD13 said:

Given the number of alleged crashed UAPs the proposition that they could drive such a distance without disaster is far fetched.
    There was a documentary about this: Morons from Outer Space. ;)

Basically: what if aliens required only the same intellect as drivers on the road to fly spacecraft interstellar distances?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZy6jOBqY84
  • Options

Thread aged well then :lol:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,954
    biggles said:

pigeon said:

Trump — 61% (+38)
    DeSantis — 23%
    T. Scott — 4%
    Pence — 4%
    Haley — 3%
    Ramaswamy — 1%
    Hutchinson — 1%
    Burgum — 1%
    Elder — 1%
    Christie — 1%

Insanity grips
    The Republican Party
    What are they smoking?
    Plus thirty eight?

+38 is just 61 - 23

It's not the change since last time
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

pigeon said:

kinabalu said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

one against

Yeah but you’re GAY*

No but also yes since Leon is guilty of exactly this. Because I have a soft feminine side that I'm unafraid to show he calls me gay. It's real 70s throwback stuff. Have we *really* come as far as we think? I'm not so sure sometimes.
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I have experimented with gayness and have openly admitted to being on the BDSM scene (D if you must know) - hence my spotting The Necklace

The idea I would think “gay” is an insult is absurd. I’d be insulting myself

The fact is I do pride myself in spotting personal traits and you made the odd ambiguous remark and I thought I’d test the waters and see if you had a gay side. Turns out you do. That’s it. That’s all it is. Get over yourself
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,749
    Former Trump AG Bill Barr on Trump's federal indictment: "If even half of it is true, then he's toast. I mean, it's a very detailed indictment, and it's very, very damning. This idea of presenting Trump as a victim here -- a victim of a witch hunt -- is ridiculous."
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1667896395804622848
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Scott_xP said:

@christiancalgie
    💥huge shock as Paul Scully fails to make the shortlist for Tory London mayor.

Final three are Dan Korski, Susan Hall and Mozammel Hossain.

Rishi scared of another by-election if Scully had won?

@christopherhope
    This is a major shock. Paul Scully was a key Boris Johnson supporter.
    One Conservative MP close to Johnson tells me this is further evidence of a purge of Johnson supporters from a chance of getting a top job.

Haha they're not paranoid - they know Rishi's out to get them!
This discussion has been closed.