Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Preview : May 16th 2013

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited May 2013 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Preview : May 16th 2013

Coker on Somerset (Deferred Election)
Last Council Election (2013): Con 28, Lib Dem 18, Lab 3, UKIP 3, Ind 2 (Conservative majority of 2)
Last Ward Election (2009): Lib Dem 1,454 (45%) Con 1,365 (43%) Green 249 (8%) Ind 131 (4%)
Last Ward Election (2009 Notional): Lib Dem 1,687 (46%) Con 1,559 (43%) Green 271 (7%) Ind 151 (4%)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,919
    edited May 2013
    This is a local election for local people! There's nothing for you here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p006vm6j
  • DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626
    Any value bets out there?
  • TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

This is a local election for local people! There's nothing for you here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p006vm6j

Royston Vaisey aka Scotland.
  • TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    "During the protest, Max Crema, 21, Vice President of services at Edinburgh University Students Association, suggested UKIP has "a well documented history of racism"."
  • BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    FPT @Life in a market town

"The Church of England is a Catholic Church. Adherents to the Church of Rome are Romanists."

Excuse my (atheist) ignorance, but isn't the CoE protestant (not catholic)?
  • AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    UKIP polled 32% in that Rotherham ward in 2008. So I think they won't have problems in coming second.

The Labour candidate is related to half of the Rotherham council past and present....cutting and pasting from my post on another place
    "Rawmarsh contest is caused by the resignation of the South Yorkshire PCC Shawn Wright. Lisa Wright is his wife. Her mother is Cllr Lindsay Johnston from Wingfield ward. Her grandmother is former Cllr Joan Johnston (joined the council in the 60s and served as Mayor in 1981-82). Her great-grandfather is Bill Skelton (who joined the local council in the 40s and served as mayor in 1969)."
    TGOHF said:

"During the protest, Max Crema, 21, Vice President of services at Edinburgh University Students Association, suggested UKIP has "a well documented history of racism"."

The lack of self awareness is shocking.

TGOHF said:

"Max Crema" - sounds like a total barista ....
    The religious do love their semantics. Effectively, though, isn't the key determinant between a catholic and protestant church whether they idolise Mary as a (semi)deity? I really don't know, so happy to be corrected.
    Once again, Christianity has:

No Sharia
    No caste system
    No dress code (particularly for women)
    No headgear
    No dietary laws
  • NextNext Posts: 826
    If the SNP want to win the Scottish independence vote, they need to extend the franchise to England.
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Groan. That line's gonna costa.
    Next said:

If the SNP want to win the Scottish independence vote, they need to extend the franchise to England.
    Why?
  • Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited May 2013
    Are the idiots using the Mail as proof of anything?

Very well.

The tory press it is. There's plenty to choose from but here's a start.
    We could of course go on.
    The UKIP leader and the Facebook racist: Nigel Farage shakes hands with party candidate who says discrimination is 'just ethnic banter' and supports extreme Right

Chris Scotton 'likes' Facebook group saying racism is 'ethnic banter'

Leicester candidate also liked 'I hate it when I lose my black friend in the dark' group

Gloucestershire Council Council candidate embroiled in homophobic row

John Sullivan allegedly posted comments about the view that exercise 'prevents homosexuality'

Applauded Russia for banning gay pride marches

Also emerged three candidates appeared on leaked BNP membership list

UKIP today suspended Scotton because of links to EDL

It also confirmed another candidate with links to BNP was leaving
    Four local election candidates have now left party in last week

Farage forced to admit UKIP had not properly checked all 1,700 candidates

The UKIP leader and the Facebook racist: Nigel Farage shakes hands with party candidate who says discrimination is 'just ethnic banter' and supports extreme Right

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315656/The-UKIP-leader-Facebook-racist-As-UKIP-leader-Farage-pictured-shaking-hands-English-Defence-League-supporter-candidates-embroiled-homophobic-row.html
    Now unless you find any of those protestors were councillors or any violence actually occurred against Farage, then I fear this comical outrage and whining from the right wingers at some noisy barracking protesters looks just a bit pitiful.

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

A robusta response.

• Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited May 2013
    Bobajob said:

The religious do love their semantics. Effectively, though, isn't the key determinant between a catholic and protestant church whether they idolise Mary as a (semi)deity? I really don't know, so happy to be corrected.

The principle difference between Protestantism and Catholicism is that the former is rooted in the Bible, the latter in tradition. Hence Protestants rejected mariolatry, popery, transubstantiation, smells and bells etc

• TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Next said:

Why?
    Because the English might want a say on our union and if that was granted,money would be on the English want out.

• AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,559
    @ Mick

let's face it mick the Nats have fked up.

This is the kind of cringe I used to get when the Irishnats took people out and shot them on TV. If you're sensible you'll just say shouldn't have happened, not good for any Scot.
    The pub landlord and staff asked Farage and the protesters to leave the pub in front of the journos.

Oh dear, the right wingers were getting so excited too.

Bobajob said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

A robusta response.

May take a while for these to percolate down to the other posters.
  • NextNext Posts: 826

Next said:

Why?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9015374/Britain-divided-over-Scottish-independence.html

An opinion poll has painted a picture of a divided Britain – with Scottish voters rejecting independence for their country while English voters support it.
  • Ally_BAlly_B Posts: 185
    I'd vote to keep the Scots in as I like them and what they have contributed to the Union over the years. (I live many miles south of the border).
    edited May 2013
    @Alanbrooke

Try growing a pair.
    Clegg is loathed and he gets paint thrown on him by his own side when he comes to scotland yet he doesn't whine like a child because some protesters turn up and start shouting at him.
  • CopperSulphateCopperSulphate Posts: 1,119
    I expected that the Scottish Nationalists on here would dismiss the protestors as a bunch of idiots and nothing to do with them, but amazingly they're actually sticking up for them.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    Bobajob, the essential difference is that Protestants recognise the Pope to be Antichrist.

I expect the Lib Dems to win in Weymouth, Labour to win in Rotherham (with UKIP a very strong second) and Somerset is anybody's guess.
    Mick_Pork said:

Very well.

Leicester candidate also liked 'I hate it when I lose my black friend in the dark' group

John Sullivan allegedly posted comments about the view that exercise 'prevents homosexuality'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315656/The-UKIP-leader-Facebook-racist-As-UKIP-leader-Farage-pictured-shaking-hands-English-Defence-League-supporter-candidates-embroiled-homophobic-row.html
    Now unless you find any of those protestors were councillors or any violence actually occurred against Farage, then I fear this comical outrage and whining from the right wingers at some noisy barracking protesters looks just a bit pitiful.

So it has to descend into violence for you to condemn thuggish behaviour does it Mick? The fact that the police had to step in and the racist anti-English chants are all ok and acceptable in a democracy? All fair as it just balances out in the end eh?
    I'm not defending Farage or other UKIP members. Racism and thuggery are not ok, no matter who displays it.

As I said earlier, the lack of self awareness is shocking.
    Mick_Pork said:

@Alanbrooke

Try growing a pair.
    Clegg is loathed and he gets paint thrown on him by his own side when he comes to scotland yet he doesn't whine like a child because some protesters turn up and start shouting at him.

Welcome to Scotland - democrats can expect abuse for going about their business. No whining.

TGOHF said:

Bobajob said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

A robusta response.

One espresso elevator to hell?
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good evening, everyone.

Welcome to pb.com, Miss (?) B.

Just ordered a book which I think was recommended to me by Mr. Thomas some time ago (when I was asking for recommendations regarding medieval history). It's called By Sword and Fire: Cruelty and Atrocity in Medieval Warfare. Hopefully it'll help me get the level of horribleness (or the lack thereof) right.

It feels like bloody ages since I read some classical history. After this I'll have to see about finding some.
    tim said:

Have I missed something, there's no posts about Muslims

This is a local thread for local people!
    Next said:

Next said:

Why?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9015374/Britain-divided-over-Scottish-independence.html

An opinion poll has painted a picture of a divided Britain – with Scottish voters rejecting independence for their country while English voters support it.
    So..? The independence referendum is for Scotland to decide. Matters not what you want in this regard. The franchise is north of the border.
    edited May 2013
    Mick_Pork said:

@Alanbrooke

Try growing a pair.

it's not a testosterone competition. You have idiots who will drag your country through the mire so Clegg, farage, who next and what next ? When you're on here justifying some poor dead sod getting dragged out of a sheugh because some prat didn't like his views as banter, you might want to think about it. There's always someone who's more of a nat than a nat.
    edited May 2013

but amazingly they're actually sticking up for them.

I expected straw man nonsense from the usual suspects and so it proved.

Who is supporting them? They're noisy idiots but they have the right to protest and every party leader knows that protesters are a fact of life which is why most are competent do enough preparatory groundwork to know how to deal with them and how to minimise their disruptive effect.
  • samonipadsamonipad Posts: 182
    Mick_Pork said:

Very well.

Most people are just laughing about it, don't see anyone all that angry on here
    edited May 2013
    tim said:

We're all waiting for you to come and stir up la heine to distract attention from your rubbish Labour leader that not even you rate.

tim said:

It's a McHizbollah thread.
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited May 2013
    TGOHF said:

Bobajob said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

A robusta response.

And anyway some of us prefer cocoa

tim said:

Run like an infidel dog Farage - you dare mock Al Salmond Jalfrezi !!
  • welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Next said:

Next said:

Why?

This is really rather funny. Scotland could vote to stay and the barbed wire goes up figuaratively on Hadrian's Wall after 1600 years anyway.
    MD, you'll love By Sword and Fire. When you read it you'll see that people like Cornwell, Martin, and Abercrombie gloss over the worst aspects of medieval warfare.
    edited May 2013

So it has to descend into violence for you to condemn thuggish behaviour does it Mick?

I happen to support the right to protest. The fact that this bunch were idiotic does not nullify that right as long as they remain non-violent. The police, as you just pointed out were there and public order was maintained.

The fact that the police had to step in and the racist anti-English chants are all ok and acceptable in a democracy? All fair as it just balances out in the end eh?

Sorry but do you live in a bubble? Clegg, Mliband and Cameron all have conferences surrounded by a so called 'ring of steel' because protest is inevitable and accepted by grown up politicians.
    TGOHF said:

tim said:

Run like an infidel dog Farage - you dare mock Al Salmond Jalfrezi !!
    I believe his good Scottish Friend Al McGrathy was a great lover of Freedom.
    Mick_Pork said:

but amazingly they're actually sticking up for them.

I expected straw man nonsense from the usual supsects and so it proved.

Who is supporting them? They're noisy idiots but they have the right to protest and every party leader knows that protesters are a fact of life which is why most are competent do enough preparatory groundwork to know how to deal with them and how to minimise their disruptive effect.
    I don't think I've ever commented on Scotland before today in my grand total of 16 posts. Not sure how that makes me a usual suspect.

Your point of view seems to be that the protestors acted like idiots, but anyone who complains about them acting like idiots is a whining right-winger.
  • MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    Mick Pork says " The pub landlord and staff asked Farage and the protesters to leave the pub."

Mick , maybe the pub landlord should put up a sign saying ; " No English , No UKIP , No dogs ."

I expected that the Scottish Nationalists on here would dismiss the protestors as a bunch of idiots and nothing to do with them, but amazingly they're actually sticking up for them.

What did you expect? They're one and the same.
    Mr. F, I was rather hoping it could be delightfully awful.

I'm not an explicit (when it comes to sex anyway) sort of writer, though I imagine I'll have to deal with torture and rape at least indirectly. Uncertain right now precisely how much of that I'll have, hence buying the book.

Obviously I'll be killing lots of people, but I'm much more comfortable with that.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    "Weymouth and Portland (named after the seaside town and the local stone)"

I rather think the stone is named after the place, not vice versa?

Aside from that, another brilliant write-up Harry.

(Incidentally, Portland cement has nothing to do with Portland; it is named because the dried concrete looks like Portland stone. I'll get my coat).
    edited May 2013

Your point of view seems to be that the protestors acted like idiots, but anyone who complains about them acting like idiots is a whining right-winger.

By all means call them idiots but to extrapolate the actions of some noisy protesters to an entire nation or those who support independence shows a lack of self awareness that some might find shocking.

Remind me which party leader loathes Cameron because he branded UKIP "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists"?

Mick_Pork said:

So it has to descend into violence for you to condemn thuggish behaviour does it Mick?

I happen to support the right to protest. The fact that this bunch were idiotic does not nullify that right as long as they remain non-violent. The police, as you just pointed out were there and public order was maintained.

The fact that the police had to step in and the racist anti-English chants are all ok and acceptable in a democracy? All fair as it just balances out in the end eh?

Sorry but do you live in a bubble? Clegg, Mliband and Cameron all have conferences surrounded by a so called 'ring of steel' because protest is inevitable and accepted by grown up politicians.
    I support the right to peaceful protest. I also assume that you do not support the anti English racism displayed by these "peaceful" protestors.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,748
    Mick_Pork said:

Of course that's why the Poujadistes, Faragistes and Empire nostalgists are all aflutter. It turns out that the Lion of Strasbourg, the smiter of Van Rompuy, the scourge of soggy Guardianistas, is a fanny. Any pol with half a testicle would have faced a few bedraggled students and lefties down, and charmed them or argued with them or persuaded them to listen. Biggles ran for his comfort zone, a pub - can't see Maggie doing that...

I'm not an explicit (when it comes to sex anyway) sort of writer, though I imagine I'll have to deal with torture and rape at least indirectly. Uncertain right now precisely how much of that I'll have, hence buying the book.

Obviously I'll be killing lots of people, but I'm much more comfortable with that.

welshowl said:

Next said:

Next said:

Why?

This is really rather funny. Scotland could vote to stay and the barbed wire goes up figuaratively on Hadrian's Wall after 1600 years anyway.
    It's an old poll – January. Also shows a very high proportion of Scots voters wanting independence.

Has Wee Eck passed comment, or is he too busy with his snout in the curry trough?
  • MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Mick_Pork said:

Of course that's why the Poujadistes, Faragistes and Empire nostalgists are all aflutter. It turns out that the Lion of Strasbourg, the smiter of Van Rompuy, the scourge of soggy Guardianistas, is a fanny. Any pol with half a testicle would have faced a few bedraggled students and lefties down, and charmed them or argued with them or persuaded them to listen. Biggles ran for his comfort zone, a pub - can't see Maggie doing that...

An amazingly ignorant , sexist and disgusting post.

Thatcher was a woman ,mother of twins and didn't have testicles.
    Farage is a testicular cancer survivor with four children.
    Salmond is childless.
    Except they don't surprise me. Sweden is the least racist country in the world, and France is the most racist in Europe – as much as I am an untreatable Francophile, they really are a nationalistic bunch, racist too, it seems.
    Guardian has some more details

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/16/nigel-farage-edinburgh-protesters-van

" The Ukip leader was finally whisked away in a police riot van under a tirade of abuse from a crowd of about 50 young demonstrators – students, anti-racist campaigners and activists in the radical left pro-Scottish independence movement"

"the demonstrators chanted: "Nigel, you're a bawbag, Nigel you're a bawbag, na, na, na, hey!" with gusto."

edited May 2013

Mick_Pork said:

Supposedly there were shouts of "bawbag" directed at Farage. Racists?? LOL
    Which tells you all you need to know about the protest and indeed the predictable screeching and plainly false outrage it has provoked.

We could point out one of the most infamous incidents in scotland of a politician diving for cover from protest and how well turned out for them but let's not spoil the fun. ;)

edited May 2013
    Mick_Pork said:

By all means call them idiots but to extrapolate the actions of some noisy protesters to an entire nation or those who support independence shows a lack of self awareness that some might find shocking.

Remind me which party leader loathes Cameron because he branded UKIP "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists"?

It just seems odd that you're sort of coming to the protestors defence while admitting they were complete idiots, by saying that sort of thing should be expected or saying no one should complain about it.

I think I see why you feel the need to defend them though:
    The protesters continued to jeer and shout abuse, with some unveiling a 20ft banner that, referring to next year's referendum, stated: "Vote Yes for Scotland".

Salmond is childless.

Now now that's ageist..

Mick_Pork said:

I support the right to peaceful protest. I also assume that you do not support the anti English racism displayed by these "peaceful" protestors.
    Why would he? They are just a bunch of unthinking malcontents, nothing to do with the SNP mainstream or Mick Pork. It was an interesting story but to attempt to smear all nats with it is just risible.

It just seems odd that you're sort of coming to the protestors defence while admitting they were complete idiots, by saying that sort of thing should be expected or saying no one should complain about it.

Not as odd as that jumbled and confused bundle of supposition and straw men. Come back to me when you work out what you think, never mind what I think since unlike you I have stated my position clearly.

• welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Bobajob said:

welshowl said:

Next said:

Next said:

Why?

It's an old poll – January. Also shows a very high proportion of Scots voters wanting independence.

No doubt, but it's the English rejection of Scotland which is the ironic noteworthy bit.
    TGOHF said:

Bobajob said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

A robusta response.

It's bean a long a time. I suspect they think it's just froth.

Mick_Pork said:

Some comments from wings over Scotland:

So, we’re anti British and anti English because we protest at his presence.
    I would imagine such a statement might be enough to shift a few more ‘dinnae kenners’ over to the Yes camp.

Never been prouder of Scotland. :-D

BUT NOW THE HEAD IS UP & MY SOUL IS SOARING, to hear and see Scotland show the ‘UKIP’ shite exactlly what we think of their rotten politics and views.
    Send Farage and his ilk back hame where they belong.

Oh Nigel. LOL.
    It`s so pleasing to read the comments from outraged BritNat Tories on Twitter.

Is there not a debate on STV tonight - Sturgeon vs the Libber ?
    Mick_Pork said:

Not as odd as that jumbled and confused bundle of supposition and straw men. Come back to me when you work out what you think, never mind what I think since unlike you I have stated my position clearly.

Anyone able to translate this nonsense?
    MD, so there's no incest, no children getting poisoned or flung out of windows, no mass crucifixion or live burning, no castration in your books? How disappointing.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    Scots can be incredibly generous and kind. But Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon ought to ask how some protesters behaved to day, is this the sort of welcome they want visitors to receive?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22559526

Mick_Pork said:

It's scottish for we know we've fked up but we're trying to brazen it out.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263

I think it depends on whether the book encourages the reader to approve. I used to like a series of semi-historical novels based on one of the more obscure middle eastern pre-Roman kingdoms until the royal couple order some ethnic cleansing of one of their opponents' cities, with flogging and rape of the civilians - the idea is that they will scatter to other enemy cities, spreading panic. It's portrayed as a good idea, showing their robust nature. I've never bought another book from that author.

I asked you first. The lack of self awareness is shocking as someone once said. ;)
    Mick_Pork said:

I asked you first. The lack of self awareness is shocking as someone once said. ;)
    Ok Mick, well I don't think anything you say quite makes sense, but anyway I hope todays protest didn't harm the yes campaign too badly in the long run.
    edited May 2013
    Bobajob said:

Why would he? They are just a bunch of unthinking malcontents, nothing to do with the SNP mainstream or Mick Pork. It was an interesting story but to attempt to smear all nats with it is just risible.

Always remember Farage is the leader of a party who were beside themselves with yet more outrage when Cammie (the current Prime Minister and leader of the conservative party lest we forget) branded them "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" and did so with nothing to back it up or protesters to blame. Perhaps Cammie expected Farage to run into a pub and hide afterwards?

That makes all this pant wetting false outrage far more then just risible. It makes it hilarious.

Mr. F, funny you should mention that. There was going to be a castration scene in Journey to Altmortis, but it didn't fit well so I replaced it with something else.

As for throwing people out of windows, I just wrote a chapter with such an occurrence (comedy, though).
    Sean_F said:

MD, so there's no incest, no children getting poisoned or flung out of windows, no mass crucifixion or live burning, no castration in your books? How disappointing.

What about boiling knights alive in their armour?

On Farage: I find it rather depressing that a modern political leader with perfectly legitimate views should be subjected to that sort of thing. He was quite right to point out the irony of so called anti-racist campaigners chanting for him to 'get back to England'.
    Dr. Spyn, not written a book with knights yet (chevaliers in Bane of Souls, though, and Dames de l'Acier). Only got a few knight characters in my head as yet (including a transvestite, a knight monastic and a chap with one of the most important roles in the first book of a planned trilogy).

On Farage: I find it rather depressing that a modern political leader with perfectly legitimate views should be subjected to that sort of thing. He was quite right to point out the irony of so called anti-racist campaigners chanting for him to 'get back to England'.

telling people to go back to England isn't racism, it's civic nationalism, huge difference MD, aboslutely enormous, Eck says so.
    Sword and Fire - great book - have seen the beautifully produced versions for Czech and Spanish markets. Author is a great friend of mine.

Sean McGlynn had suggested not too long ago that Robin Hood lived in Tunbridge Wells.
    edited May 2013

it's not a testosterone competition.

Isn't it?

I'll remember that come the inevitable 'discussions' about the debates.
    Voters' message to David Cameron: Don't be "a coward", take part in TV debates

“It is quite obvious that today the UK is no longer a two, or even three party state,” Farage told LondonlovesBusiness.com. “Recent election results and opinion polls make that absolutely clear. After the European Elections in 2014 it be ridiculous not to include UKIP in the debates. To do otherwise would bring the whole idea into disrepute, and show quite clearly that Mr Cameron is frit.”

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/business-news/politics/voters-message-to-david-cameron-dont-be-a-coward-take-part-in-tv-debates/4381.article
    I await Cammie running and hiding in a pub from the debates because he's "frit".

edited May 2013

Oh Nigel. LOL.

Glad that you're scouring Nat sites (for purely analytical puposes I'm sure).
    Don't see anything racist or anti-English there.
    And I'm sure you looked.

Dr. Spyn, it's a small world!
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Bobajob said:

FPT @Life in a market town

"The Church of England is a Catholic Church. Adherents to the Church of Rome are Romanists."

Excuse my (atheist) ignorance, but isn't the CoE protestant (not catholic)?

Technically not - they broke off at about the same time, and because of the same proximate cause (corruption and power politics in the Roman Catholic church) but the Anglicans are not Protestants.

They still regard themselves as members of the universal catholic church (vs. orthodox or protestant). The Romanists tend to guffaw slightly at this propostion - they claim that Apostolic Succession was broken at the time the CoE separated.
    Religions do seem to enjoy splintering.
    Mick_Pork said:

Isn't it?

“It is quite obvious that today the UK is no longer a two, or even three party state,” Farage told LondonlovesBusiness.com. “Recent election results and opinion polls make that absolutely clear. After the European Elections in 2014 it be ridiculous not to include UKIP in the debates. To do otherwise would bring the whole idea into disrepute, and show quite clearly that Mr Cameron is frit.”

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/business-news/politics/voters-message-to-david-cameron-dont-be-a-coward-take-part-in-tv-debates/4381.article

Mick get real, this is a cringe moment for Scotland. I had 30 years of every time someone in NI did something constructive some dickhead would drag the place down into the mire. Now it's Scotland's turn, if you think this sells Glasgow 2014 or the great gathering grow up, to the rest of the british isles it says Scotland's shit. That's your homeland. You either get a grip of the nutters and stop Sturgeon egging them on or they'll drag you down into the dirt with them.
    edited May 2013

Oh Nigel. LOL.

Glad that your scouring Nat sites (for purely analytical puposes I'm sure).
    And I'm sure you looked.

Hilarious isn't it? They really are that desperate. Given the John Major comedy over Europe and Farage proving less than robust against a noisy protest outside a pub (shocking to the core!! A pub bore getting heckled? How will scotland live this incredible event down? LOL ) you almost feel sorry for them as they flail about haplessly. Hiding behind rowdy protesters and screeching pitifully as they line up cretinous straw men excuses for poor little Nigel.

Oh Nigel. LOL.

Glad that your scouring Nat sites (for purely analytical puposes I'm sure).
    And I'm sure you looked.

You recommended it to me divvie, and it's not what you see it's what the other see. Bizarrely for the first time ever one of my other scottish favourites George Laird seemed the only sensible one of the bunch.
  • AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Farage, please, come out the pub and ban Romania from Eurovision!
  • Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    tim said:

Some stories around tonight about an early break up of the coalition.

CAMERON HASN'T GOT THE BALLS AND UKIP ARE TAKING THE TORY PENSIONER VOTE.

Thank you.

Don't tell OGH!!!

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 9m
    I've just put a bet on at Ladbrokes on 2013 general election at 16/1. Hard to see how the CON & LDs can divorce without early election.
    edited May 2013
    tim said:

Some stories around tonight about an early break up of the coalition.

What does that matter when the right wingers and kippers can cry over Farage being cruelly shouted at?
    Sky News ‏@SkyNews 6m

THE TIMES FRONT PAGE: No 10 plans for coalition divorce as rifts widen #Skypapers pic.twitter.com/kESWrhDN1w
    Oh right. Well at least it makes a change from the PB ethnic crimewatch ranting from the usual suspects.

• MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Mick_Pork said:

Isn't it?

Mick get real, this is a cringe moment for Scotland. I had 30 years of every time someone in NI did something constructive some dickhead would drag the place down into the mire. Now it's Scotland's turn, if you think this sells Glasgow 2014 or the great gathering grow up, to the rest of the british isles it says Scotland's shit. That's your homeland. You either get a grip of the nutters and stop Sturgeon egging them on or they'll drag you down into the dirt with them.

When did ever Mick_Pork ever get real about anything worthwhile. The fact is a braying leftist/nationalist mob, threatened real physical harm to Farage after calling him a Nazi thug and telling him to go back to England. It's ok to protest, it's not ok to threaten violence and in time the police were sensible enough help Farage leave the scene. I suppose that had real harm been done to Farage, the lefty response would have been: well he had it coming.

Farage, please, come out the pub and ban Romania from Eurovision!

They are that bad? Semi-final night is it?
    edited May 2013

You recommended it to me divvie, and it's not what you see it's what the other see. Bizarrely for the first time ever one of my other scottish favourites George Laird seemed the only sensible one of the bunch.

I know it's impossible to take Ulster out of the boy, but you really will have to stop equating the kneecappings, maimings, murders and grave desecrations that have occurred in the place you come from with a few students calling a politician a bawbag in the place I come from. You seem almost disappointed that there hasn't been an authentic outrage.

• AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    Is Charlie suffering from a virus?
    edited May 2013
    MikeK said:

it's not ok to threaten violence and in time the police were sensible enough help Farage leave the scene.

Link to all these "death to Farage" quotes you appear to be implying?

Nothing funnier than watching kippers resort to the same smear tactics Cammie used against them.

So you won't have any defence when it happens again. And unless you've been living in a bubble Cammie plans to do it again with CCHQ and Crosby watching every single councillor and high profile UKIP MEP you have from now on and feeding anything untoward to the rightwing papers.

• kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    edited May 2013
    MikeK said:

Mick_Pork said:

Isn't it?

I suppose that had real harm been done to Farage, the lefty response would have been: well he had it coming.
    I suppose that had real harm been done to Farage, the lefty response would have been: well he had it coming.

I suppose it's possible, although since that isn't what happened, it seems a bit churlish to extend the criticism of them to include it as though it may as well have, just because some see no issue in what did occur. Surely that in itself is enough fuel for a soothing argument.

Personally it feels like a tad more than the usual sort of political antipathy, which surprised me as I'd have thought the response would be simple apathy to his visit given the disdain for others 'intruding' into Scottish affairs, but nothing to get too worked up about.

This discussion has been closed.