Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ICM…..Opinium…..Survation….rolling blog on tonight’s final

Comments

• Options
    saddened said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

It will be close, but it looks like a clear, if not substantial No lead. Looks like Scots will give Yes a high enough total to ensure Devomax, but not so high they actually break-up the UK!

I would quite like a Yes vote.

My prediction is: 44.33% Yes on a 81.4% turnout.

And the knives out for poached Salmond.
    How the fuck is 40%+ bad for Salmond or the SNP? People were predicted sub 30% when this process started.
    Because it's binary, win or lose. It would appear he is going to be the loser.
    It would appear that way but there are some of us tin-foil wearers who think Salmond only ever wanted devo max, which is roughly what he will get whether the vote is yes or no.
  • Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 40s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead down one to three points, Greens one point behind Lib Dems: CON 34%, LAB 37%, LD 7%, UKIP 12%, GRN 6%
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Just caught up with SNP-wreck-the-NHS-gate. A devastating development. If nothing else soft Yessers will be demoralised and won't bother turning out to vote. It has also shattered the SNP's raison d'être. They were carving out a niche in the all-politicians-are-not-the-same market. That's in tatters now that they're proposing slashes to the NHS budget that would have made Maggie blush!

This story?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29213416

To keep it in perspective; the current forecast for Leicestershire and Rutland (pop 950 000) is £300 million is needed to be saved over the next 5 years to balance the budget.

The NHS is skint, everywhere.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Labour need to start getting worried about the Greens. The Red Liberals are seriously vulnerable to them if they start surging.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Ishmael_X said:

RobD said:

Chameleon said:

Gordon Smart ‏@gordonsmart 35m
    I think it's time for @ScottishSun to have our say on the #indyref. Coming soon...

Erm, don't they realise there isn't a Sunday between now and Thursday??
    It's a daily.

God, I'm an idiot sometimes.
  • Options

surbiton said:

I hope people give credit where it is due. If NO prevails, it will have a lot to do with GORDON BROWN over the last weeek.

If Brown can convince the Labour supporters who recently deserted for the YES camp, I'd be happy to praise Gordon for clearing up his mess.
    It is not Brown's mess. You could blame Thatcher, Blair or Cameron for actions that endangered the union, but hardly Brown. All the crucial decisions came before or after his time.
    Do you really think that Brown didn't have a major hand in the construction of the devolution policy of the incoming New Labour government in 97? Of course he did.

The mess that Brown has had to clear up is the one created by the No campaign - run by Darling and Alexander.

The reason things are closer than anyone who wants to maintain the union would have liked is because the No campaign has been so awful.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,899
    Tonights YG LAB 341 CON 267 LD 16

Ed is crap is PM
  • Options
    I must say I'm not really happy whichever way this vote goes. If it's yes, our country is ripped in two and there is a huge risk of us plunging back into recession, if it's no, thanks to our spineless leaders there will be an even more inequitable constitutional settlement than at present, which will cause discontent to fester and probably lead to more animosity down the line.

The government has to kill this stone dead and convene a UK-wide constitutional convention in the event of a no vote, so that all home nations can have a say in how they are governed and formulate a constitutional settlement that respects each and removes any unfairness.

Of course, it won't. Depressingly.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    AllyM This is Murdoch of course!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    edited September 2014
    Survation

YES 48%
    NO 52%%
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    Danny565 said:

Labour need to start getting worried about the Greens. The Red Liberals are seriously vulnerable to them if they start surging.

They didn't make much impact in the local or European Elections earlier this year. Their vote share actually went down compared to 2009 I think.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 40s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead down one to three points, Greens one point behind Lib Dems: CON 34%, LAB 37%, LD 7%, UKIP 12%, GRN 6%

Massive changes from yesterday, but the two stable factors of this year still remain:
    Labour lead of 3-5 points, LD eat dirt.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

@zerohedge: Latest ICM poll: 52% Yes, 48% No

@zerohedge: GBPUSD whoosh

NB - pound never blinked...

I ignore anything quoting zerohedge, breitbart or rt as a source. Saves time.
    The information equivalent of judging a book by its cover. Silly. Know the slant of the organisation, bear it in mind, and read the info. There are vital things you simply will not get from a 'credible' source these days.
  • Options
    glw said:

SeanT said:

A big, fat ONE. One single reliable poll, out of hundreds. And that one poll was probably an MI5 operation designed to galvanise the NO vote.

"Among the programs revealed in the document are:

UNDERPASS to "change outcome of online polls"."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/14/gchq-tools-manipulate-online-information-leak

Now that's not to say that GCHQ/MI5/MI6 are ballot-stuffing "proper" online polls, it's more likely they target voodoo polls of the sort carried by news websites, but they do have an interest in manipulating opinion polls.
    So they can rig Celebrity Big Brother but can't spot a boatload of British jihadis on their way to the Middle East. What will iScot do for spies btw?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Has ther ever been a time when all pollsters agreed?
  • Options
    Freggles said:

Yes campaign have done well despite the big problem of currency.

And that was a problem of their own making. If there's a No vote the sterling zone policy will be blamed for it. Clearly an iCurrency would have opened up major strategic advantages. This policy will NOT be carried into any subsequent referendum The only reason they've kind of got away with it is because many voters just see complaints about sterling zone as part of Project Fear - they are immune to No criticism. Almost everyone who is pro-independence in Scotland is for an iCurrency except for those under Salmond's influence..
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    All 3 polls 48-52?

Boring!

Ave it says 42-58!
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Those YG polling numbers imply that the SNP has taken a hit. Tories+Lab UP 5

Nationalists - UK or Scottish - must be down.

The establishment collaborate.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Survation DK's breaking for yes
  • Options
    Artist said:

Danny565 said:

They didn't make much impact in the local or European Elections earlier this year. Their vote share actually went down compared to 2009 I think.
    The greens gained an MEP. They are a good home for the NOTA who cannot abide UKIP.

I am almost tempted myself...
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    LOL - all 3 pollsters agree 48/52.

Good polling night for No.

It's not comfortable but it looks unlikely that Yes could win from here.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited September 2014

Tonights YG LAB 341 CON 267 LD 16

Ed is crap is PM

Your predictions are crap, based on an election that hasn't even been called. It would be more accurate for me to venture that you will post the same sort of crap tomorrow night. The odds of this are much greater than any of your crap predictions.
  • Options
    As I say 48-52 now looks like the final poll of polls rating
  • Options

Just caught up with SNP-wreck-the-NHS-gate. A devastating development. If nothing else soft Yessers will be demoralised and won't bother turning out to vote. It has also shattered the SNP's raison d'être. They were carving out a niche in the all-politicians-are-not-the-same market. That's in tatters now that they're proposing slashes to the NHS budget that would have made Maggie blush!

'SNP proposing to slash the NHS budget' - Ay, missed that this afternoon, got a link please?
    Yes, here's news of the SNP's shocking plans:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/news/292276-leaked-document-says-nhs-in-scotland-faces-450m-funding-blackhole/
  • Options
    So the changes for survation.

Yes +1.5%, No -1.5%
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Rupert bottles it

@MediaGuido: Scottish Sun chooses neither side: "We believe in the people of Scotland to make the right decision." http://t.co/nrVMKSkcbj
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

All 3 polls 48-52?

Boring!

Ave it says 42-58!

I agree. That's my prediction too. Let's see if we're right.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 10s

Meanwhile, in normal politics... our @YouGov VI tonight is stunning. Greens just 1 point behind Libs now; LD 7%, GRN 6%.The 5th party soon?

The LD's have more to fall, their remaining vote is as solid as jelly.
    But I won't mention Sheffield Hallam and the possibility of Nick Clegg losing his seat.
    Are you prepared to bet on Clegg losing Sheffield Hallam?
    If the LD fall bellow 5% (they aren't far away from 5% now).
  • Options
    Pong said:

Survation DK's breaking for yes

Shhhhh...
  • Options
    BBC mentions planned SNP health cuts in top report and shows Miliband clip
  • Options
    The Gordon Brown effect?

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 1m

33 per cent of Labour voters say they will vote Yes -- an increase from 26 per cent last week @Survation #indyref
  • Options

The government has to kill this stone dead and convene a UK-wide constitutional convention in the event of a no vote, so that all home nations can have a say in how they are governed and formulate a constitutional settlement that respects each and removes any unfairness.

Of course, it won't. Depressingly.

This. And Farage proposing a Federal UK means he once again leads where Cameron is forced to follow. Assuming a no (which means Cameron gets to not be swiftly resigned), Cameron is still boiled alive by his backbenches.

Have to hand it to Farage. He's smart....

• Options
    MikeL said:

LOL - all 3 pollsters agree 48/52.

Good polling night for No.

It's not comfortable but it looks unlikely that Yes could win from here.

But how do we know which poll was accurate in the previous months?

• Options

Yes +1.5%, No -1.5%

Breek-filling time for BritNats.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Meanwhile, in normal politics... our @YouGov VI tonight is stunning. Greens just 1 point behind Libs now; LD 7%, GRN 6%.The 5th party soon?

But I won't mention Sheffield Hallam and the possibility of Nick Clegg losing his seat.
    So that's a no then
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Rupert bottles it

@MediaGuido: Scottish Sun chooses neither side: "We believe in the people of Scotland to make the right decision." http://t.co/nrVMKSkcbj

A safe bet from Rupert.
  • Options
    AllyMAllyM Posts: 260
    I still have the outshot on Rupe' declaring his support on the 19th..

The neutral declaration is a smoke screen for it :)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

RobD said:

Chameleon said:

I think it's time for @ScottishSun to have our say on the #indyref. Coming soon...

It's a daily.

GIAIS :)
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2014

Survation YES 48% - NO 52%%

Did all the polling firms get together and agree on the same figures to avoid looking stupid?

“tous pour un et un pour tous” – as the three Musketeers would say…
  • Options

Yes +1.5%, No -1.5%

They seem pretty confident on here at present...
  • Options
    Brownian motion?

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 3 mins
    33 per cent of Labour 2011 Holyrood voters say they will vote Yes -- an increase from 26 per cent last week @survation #indyref
  • Options

Survation YES 48% - NO 52%%

Did all the polling firms get together and agree on the same figures to avoid looking stupid?

“tous pour un et un pour tous” – as the three Musketeers would say…
    Nah, it's just opinion settling
  • Options

TGOHF said:

@zerohedge: Latest ICM poll: 52% Yes, 48% No

@zerohedge: GBPUSD whoosh

NB - pound never blinked...

I ignore anything quoting zerohedge, breitbart or rt as a source. Saves time.
    The information equivalent of judging a book by its cover. Silly. Know the slant of the organisation, bear it in mind, and read the info. There are vital things you simply will not get from a 'credible' source these days.
    No it is the information equivalent of judging a book by its author.
  • Options
    Labour leads in ELBOW weekly averages:

17th Aug: 3.0
    24th Aug: 3.5
    31st Aug: 3.8
    7th Sep: 3.0
    14th Sep: 4.2
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

RobD said:

Chameleon said:

It's a daily.

GIAIS :)
    Yes I am! ;-)
  • Options

The Gordon Brown effect?

33 per cent of Labour voters say they will vote Yes -- an increase from 26 per cent last week @Survation #indyref

Ha, beaten to it. Thought Brownian motion wasn't bad though.
  • Options

Yes +1.5%, No -1.5%

They seem pretty confident on here at present...
    That is not confidence. That is the last defiant fag before the blindfold.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited September 2014
    Phew! Our merry little band just got a bit bigger, great to see you Ave it. :)
    Ave_it said:

Glad to see rcs and others speaking sense on here.

I have said all along it will be 40-60.

• Options
    kle4 said:

Chameleon said:

Best for them to go with Yes, surely? It's very close but NO has still led in the polls, so if the great masses of non-voters for example swing it for yes as they might, the Sun can claim to have been a major influence on the final stretch regardless of the truth of that.
    Yeh! And Murdoch is looking for revenge on the UK establishment.

I still don't believe the methodologies are picking up former non-voters who are overwhelmingly Yes. The polling companies are nervous. There is open rebellion in Labour heartlands and a carnival atmosphere across the nation caused by Yes grassroots. You can hardly see a Yes poster anywhere. Everyone is talking about the referendum. Never seen democracy in action like this!

My prediction 52% Yes, 48% No.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,913

The Gordon Brown effect?

Ha, beaten to it. Thought Brownian motion wasn't bad though.
    Problem with that rather nice pun is it doesn't quite work - Brownian motion is not directional (well, the scientific kind isn't). But a very fine try.

• Options

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

So that's a no then
    For you, how low would the LD have to score on election night, for Clegg to probably lose his seat?
    5%, 4%, 3%, 2% ,1% or 0%?
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Brown making a good fist of it with a (very old looking) Dimbleby on BBC1 (why isn't Andrew Neil doing this?) Salmond up next....

He's smashing it all round the park.

Oh for politicians of Brown's stature in these days of political pygmies like Cameron.
    Certainly Brown is making Ed Miliband look like an irrelevant lightweight. I'm not sure you should be taking comfort from this, though,
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,446
    edited September 2014
    Scott_P said:

Rupert bottles it

Just seen that the Sunil on Sunday "would prefer" the Scots to run their own affairs and "believes that the Tories will have a much greater chance of winning the next election in rUK if Scotland goes it alone".
  • Options
    Apparently the Yestapo have tried to have another journalist banned for reporting the news.
  • Options
    How was your meeting DavidL?
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    fitalass said:

Phew! Our merry little band just got a bit bigger, great to see you Ave it. :)

Ave_it said:

Glad to see rcs and others speaking sense on here.

I have said all along it will be 40-60.

TY Ave it is always here for the big events!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited September 2014
    Alex Salmond wasn't half testy in his interview with Adam Bolton earlier. For a few moment he was on the verge of a Gordon Brown-esque temper melt down, you could see his eyes.
  • Options
    Unless I've done my sums wrong in the latest Survation Poll the DNVs in the 2011 Scottish Election have gone from being 50/50 split to 71/29 split in favour of No.
  • Options
    Chris_AChris_A Posts: 1,237
  • Options
    Odds are now lunatic. No odds way to long if you believe the polls.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

odds way to long if you believe the polls.

Nobody believes the polls
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

So that's a no then
    For you, how low would the LD have to score on election night, for Clegg to probably lose his seat?
    National share of the vote will have very little bearing on the result in Sheffield Hallam
  • Options

kle4 said:

Chameleon said:

Best for them to go with Yes, surely? It's very close but NO has still led in the polls, so if the great masses of non-voters for example swing it for yes as they might, the Sun can claim to have been a major influence on the final stretch regardless of the truth of that.
    Yeh! And Murdoch is looking for revenge on the UK establishment.

I still don't believe the methodologies are picking up former non-voters who are overwhelmingly Yes. The polling companies are nervous. There is open rebellion in Labour heartlands and a carnival atmosphere across the nation caused by Yes grassroots. You can hardly see a Yes poster anywhere. Everyone is talking about the referendum. Never seen democracy in action like this!

My prediction 52% Yes, 48% No.
    In general 2011 DNVs are more likely to be No voters according to the polls.
  • Options
    Comments are turned off according to the front page?
  • Options
    @GeneralBoles: Read all about it #indyref http://t.co/eHnDBbLmBr
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Maybe Mike's got bored of all the guff & decided to kick us off his blog?

I wouldn't blame him...
  • Options
    Comments are off on main blog, but can still post on Vanilla.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    Good to see Brown on form again.
  • Options
    The problem is no one will see your message unless they look on Vanilla...
  • Options
    @SkyNews: DAILY MAIL FRONT PAGE: 'The Seriously Nasty Party' #skypapers http://t.co/Qhcp6KL4CE
  • Options
    @Otto_English: The Sun's neutrality doesn't mean it's "bottled it". It thinks #No has won. Murdoch hates Westminster but doesn't want to back a loser.
  • Options
    Right, who broke the website?
  • Options
    @GemmaWDMP: Top tip - if you're going to systematically deface our posters (with a set of ladders) mabye take your Yes t-shirts off first #indyref
  • Options
    They said Mike would rue the day...
  • Options
    @benrileysmith: Telegraph splash -- Alex Salmond personally pressurised St Andrews Uni head to tone down Yes vote concerns.
    #indyref http://t.co/n9a5Fd652e
  • Options
    It's the 'day of reckoning' 3 days early..
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    Scott_P said:

@SkyNews: DAILY MAIL FRONT PAGE: 'The Seriously Nasty Party' #skypapers http://t.co/Qhcp6KL4CE

Curiously also recommending the withdrawal method at the top of the page to cure sexual problems.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,736

The problem is no one will see your message unless they look on Vanilla...
    You think anyone reads our ramblings to each other?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Curiously also recommending the withdrawal method at the top of the page to cure sexual problems.
    That's a classic!
  • Options
    @suttonnick: Wednesday's Mirror front page - "Ed Bangers" #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers #indyref http://t.co/ZQY20AJVCp
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

So that's a no then
    National share of the vote will have very little bearing on the result in Sheffield Hallam
    If Hercule Poirot saw that answer, he would reply "Evasion!".

I was talking about possibilities, at which point of LD decline will Clegg's seat be at risk.
    So if the LD get no votes (0%) nationaly you still think it's possible that Clegg is going to win his own seat?
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2014
    Would the reprobate who claimed the Greens would knock the LDs into 5th place – please apologies to OGH…
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Brilliant!
  • Options

surbiton said:

I hope people give credit where it is due. If NO prevails, it will have a lot to do with GORDON BROWN over the last weeek.

If Brown can convince the Labour supporters who recently deserted for the YES camp, I'd be happy to praise Gordon for clearing up his mess.
    It is not Brown's mess. You could blame Thatcher, Blair or Cameron for actions that endangered the union, but hardly Brown. All the crucial decisions came before or after his time.
    Do you really think that Brown didn't have a major hand in the construction of the devolution policy of the incoming New Labour government in 97? Of course he did.

The mess that Brown has had to clear up is the one created by the No campaign - run by Darling and Alexander.

The reason things are closer than anyone who wants to maintain the union would have liked is because the No campaign has been so awful.
    Brown signed the Scottish Claim Of Right in 1988:

Indeed, many who consider themselves to be unionists have gone even further than this and have accepted the Scottish Claim of Right of 1988: the claim that it is “the sovereign right of the Scottish people to determine the form of Government best suited to their needs”. As is well known, one of the most notable signatories of this declaration was Gordon Brown.

http://nationalconversationforengland.wordpress.com/2008/08/16/scottish-independence-a-uk-wide-referendum-would-be-required/

His Unionist credentials are definitely compromised.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@Otto_English: The Sun's neutrality doesn't mean it's "bottled it". It thinks #No has won. Murdoch hates Westminster but doesn't want to back a loser.

Agreed, find it very hard to imagine we'd be seeing this neutrality had there been three polls tonight showing YES at +4.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

It's a secret Conservative dog whistle - it causes blue balls
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Scott_P said:

This begs the question of what Murdoch will do in the run-up to next year's election if (IF) Labour look like they're going to win.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,627
    edited September 2014
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Politicalbettingus interruptus?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,368
    edited September 2014
    It's our punishment for all the pro-union posts. Time to rue the day! [Edit: I see Richard N thought of it first...]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Danny565 said:

Scott_P said:

This begs the question of what Murdoch will do in the run-up to next year's election if (IF) Labour look like they're going to win.
    Easy question.
    He'll back UKIP.
    The only party apart from the Greens to have vastly increased its vote share, so he can still claim to some success.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited September 2014
    Speedy said:

Danny565 said:

Scott_P said:

Easy question.
    He'll back UKIP.
    That would certainly make sense, given that he backed Labour for most of the last twenty years and was a great fan and personal friend of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,387
    There was apparently a Sky News reporter undercover in Dundee today who went out to "canvass" in a No T shirt. Needless to say he got dog's abuse and it was recorded to support the theme of the moment.

The BT bus was also vandalised today and this has been reported to the police. The Courier has a number of stories about farmers with BT signs in the fields having their telephone lines cut, threats to release livestock onto the Perth Dual Carriageway and with signs not just vandalised but set on fire.

The idiot fringe at the edge of the Yes campaign is out of control because not nearly enough effort has been made to control it. Trouble is being expected at polling stations and the counts. I hope not but tempers are starting to boil and people have had enough.

I promised last night that I would report back from the meeting tonight as to how those south of the border might help. If they can make arrangements with either BT, the tories or Labour locally great. If not then the best bet is that both Labour and the tories are running phone banks based in England to help GOTV and I suggest you get in contact with them.
  • Options
    Yes is at 5 on Betfair now, I haven't seen it that high for a while now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Speedy said:

Danny565 said:

Scott_P said:

Easy question.
    He'll back UKIP.
    That would certainly make sense, given that he backed Labour for most of the last twenty years and was a great fan and personal friend of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.
    Glad to see you agree with my view that he is opportunistic.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

There was apparently a Sky News reporter undercover in Dundee today who went out to "canvass" in a No T shirt. Needless to say he got dog's abuse and it was recorded to support the theme of the moment.

The BT bus was also vandalised today and this has been reported to the police. The Courier has a number of stories about farmers with BT signs in the fields having their telephone lines cut, threats to release livestock onto the Perth Dual Carriageway and with signs not just vandalised but set on fire.

The idiot fringe at the edge of the Yes campaign is out of control because not nearly enough effort has been made to control it. Trouble is being expected at polling stations and the counts. I hope not but tempers are starting to boil and people have had enough.

I promised last night that I would report back from the meeting tonight as to how those south of the border might help. If they can make arrangements with either BT, the tories or Labour locally great. If not then the best bet is that both Labour and the tories are running phone banks based in England to help GOTV and I suggest you get in contact with them.

So YES is damaging private property and communications.
    Bodes well for the odds of a scottish civil war.

By the way, what is the point of criminal activity where the YES campaign can be described as a terrorist organisation by current anti-terror laws?
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Danny565 said:

Scott_P said:

Easy question.
    He'll back UKIP.
    Yes he saw his opportunity to back Labour for twenty years and seized it.
  • Options
    New thread up and working.
  • Options
    saddened said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Danny565 said:

Scott_P said:

Easy question.
    He'll back UKIP.
    Yes he saw his opportunity to back Labour for twenty years and seized it.
    Labour where ahead for 20 years, so who wouldn't?
    Tony Blair wasn't exactly a socialist.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Thanks David. Doesn't sound like the behaviour of a side that thinks it's going to win to me..
This discussion has been closed.