Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The front pages are pretty bad for Hancock – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited June 2021 in General
imageThe front pages are pretty bad for Hancock – politicalbetting.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    1st
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    Labour should hold Batley and Spen.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    God that video of Hancock is, quite frankly, gross
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,341

I doubt she thought so.. poor bugger has been thro hell and you want to.pillory him for a quick fumble.. you are just jealous.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,830
    Perhaps the people will rally to Hancock, because they think he's a sex god.
  • Options
    The long-awaited report on unidentified objects in Hancock's office is out.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,077

I doubt she thought so.. poor bugger has been thro hell and you want to.pillory him for a quick fumble.. you are just jealous.
    Whoever his enemies are, they are in danger of generating sympathy for the embattled minister. Why post a video which will clearly hurt his family?

Yuk
  • Options
    Nunu3Nunu3 Posts: 178

The long-awaited report on unidentified objects in Hancock's office is out.

This is better than the Matt cartoon for tonight
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited June 2021
    Four-time Olympic champion Mo Farah will not defend his 10,000m title in Tokyo after falling short in a last-gasp shot at the qualifying time.

I think that is the end for Mr Mobot.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204

Yes I do because he was on my TV every f*cking night telling me to stay at home, save granny, protect the NHS and not kill the children.
  • Options
    Fenman said:

They will now! Unless Hancock resigns.
  • Options
    Fenman said:

Certainly a rare bit of good luck for Sir K.

Might see enough disgusted Tories sit on their hands.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,965

Four-time Olympic champion Mo Farah will not defend his 10,000m title in Tokyo after falling short in a last-gasp shot at the qualifying time.

I think that is the end for Mr Mobot.

I suspect his announcement will follow the Great North Run - I will ensure I grab my usual spot to watch for my wife a bit earlier than usual.

• Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,189

Fenman said:

This is it entirely.

It's a race between CON staying at home and LAB staying at home!

Galloway won't win as his appeal is too limited...
  • Options

Fenman said:

A Mr A Burnham of Manchester less happy....
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,965
    Leon said:

Whoever his enemies are, they are in danger of generating sympathy for the embattled minister. Why post a video which will clearly hurt his family?

Yuk
    Not really - he had a chance to resign earlier today - given that he didn't take it it's not surprising more evidence was released.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977

Yes I do because he was on my TV every f*cking night telling me to stay at home, save granny, protect the NHS and not kill the children.

I do hope you’re being sarcastic, but this was the bloke who literally told everyone and everything to avoid any sort of contact with anyone for god knows long. He even had a go at Nial Ferguson for an indiscretion which pales into comparison
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Perhaps the people will rally to Hancock, because they think he's a sex god.

More chance of the American government telling is the truth about the aliens.
  • Options

Whats your problem?.. the advice was correct...
  • Options
    eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk
    Not really - he had a chance to resign earlier today - given that he didn't take it it's not surprising more evidence was released.
    Suspect this is a warm up to the Sunday papers.

• Options

Fenman said:

Naaaaaah...
  • Options

Fenman said:

I doubt he wants Sir K to fall now. He's not an MP and has promised to get on with the job of being mayor for the next few years.
  • Options

Because the person mouthing the words didn't think it true or necessary as he has clearly demonstrated.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Fenman said:

I doubt he wants Sir K to fall now. He's not an MP and has promised to get on with the job of being mayor for the next few years.
    Yes but if Labour see the same revival as after Big Dom eye test, he ain't getting the gig until after the next GE and who knows Gordon Brittas might be PM.

If you were Burnham you would want Labour just to win, but still be behind in the polls for another year, so Starmer gets the boot and you can sweep in and save the day.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    Do we think that the Delta Varian will be then end of the Olympics?

Japan is still very much behind the curve on Vaccination.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594

Fenman said:

Too early for the thunderbird puppet.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

Anyone watching Ch4 News would bet the house on Hancock going. Probably tonight. It's a firing squad

The problem is *if* Johnson has a similar skeleton in a similarly socially undistanced cupboard, and should it come to light, he would surely be obliged to go too. And Johnson being Johnson, that is not beyond the realms of probability.

Can I hear the sound of distant violins?
    I'd be surprised is Boris hasn't been cheating on Carrie.
    I know someone who cheated on the day of his wedding with the brides best female...friend... nothing is impossible..
    I know the diametric opposite. A bride who fucked the best man on the wedding day

The human comedy is nothing if not diverse and egalitarian
    I can trump that: A wedding were the bride left her mum's ashes at the venue - and went home with her groom's adult son. She literally fucked her own son-in-law on her wedding night.
  • Options

I do hope you’re being sarcastic, but this was the bloke who literally told everyone and everything to avoid any sort of contact with anyone for god knows long. He even had a go at Nial Ferguson for an indiscretion which pales into comparison
    And thanks to his laws and his regulations we have examples like the two lasses who took a walk in Derbyshire and got picked up by the police.

Where are the police now that its a Cabinet minister?
  • Options

Because the person mouthing the words didn't think it true or necessary as he has clearly demonstrated.
    Every politician is a hypocrite.. let's not forget that...
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,310

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

Anyone watching Ch4 News would bet the house on Hancock going. Probably tonight. It's a firing squad

The problem is *if* Johnson has a similar skeleton in a similarly socially undistanced cupboard, and should it come to light, he would surely be obliged to go too. And Johnson being Johnson, that is not beyond the realms of probability.

I know someone who cheated on the day of his wedding with the brides best female...friend... nothing is impossible..
    I know the diametric opposite. A bride who fucked the best man on the wedding day

I can trump that: A wedding were the bride left her mum's ashes at the venue - and went home with her groom's adult son. She literally fucked her own son-in-law on her wedding night.
    This is turning into a variation of The Four Yorkshiremen sketch.

I think it's time for bed. Nite all.
  • Options
    The video being released means Hancock is a goner 

That will be played over and over again on 24 hour news (unfortunately) and the pressure will be untenable for him. He'll be gone before the weekend is out.
  • Options

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

The fights at weddings are far more interesting...
  • Options

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

The truth is out there....
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk
    It started with a kiss ... he never thought it would come to this.

I feel a teeny bit sorry for him. Maybe I should grow a pair.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

These are starting to sound apocalyptic.
  • Options

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

Had the groom fallen asleep, got too drunk?

or what?
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,104
    kinabalu said:

eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk

It started out with a kiss
    How did it end up like this?
    It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
    Now I'm falling asleep
    And she's calling a cab
    While he's having a smoke
    And she's taking a drag
    Now they're going to bed
    And my stomach is sick
    And it's all in my head
    But she's touching his chest now
    He takes off her dress now
    Let me go
    And I just can't look, it's killing me
    And taking control
    Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
    Swimming through sick lullabies
    Choking on your alibis
    But it's just the price I pay
    Destiny is calling me
    Open up my eager eyes
    'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

A friend of mine was at one wedding where the Best Man proclaimed his love for the groom, and his anger at the fact that the bride was stealing him. He got flung out.

And, I was Best Man at a wedding where, unbeknown to me, one of the bridesmaids intended to proclaim her lesbian passion for the bride, (this came as a complete surprise to the bride) only to get shut up by her friends.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

A friend of mine was at one wedding where the Best Man proclaimed his love for the groom, and his anger at the fact that the bride was stealing him. He got flung out.

And, I was Best Man at a wedding where, unbeknown to me, one of the bridesmaids intended to proclaim her lesbian passion for the bride, (this came as a complete surprise to the bride) only to get shut up by her friends.
    I clearly move in the wrong circles 😳
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

My first (and so far only) stint of jury service was the result of the fallout from a wedding.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

When I see a baying mob led by Piers Morgan & the greasy hypocrites at the Daily Mail, my sympathies are always with the hunted.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,955
    I can report that nothing whatsoever of interest has happened at any wedding I have been too.
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

Had the groom fallen asleep, got too drunk?

or what?
    The bride and groom and everyone else it seems were blackout drunk. I didn't know the couple, it was a wedding reception that had been at my local while I was there; as the night wound down they'd ended up in the main bar and then all this happened.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk

As sung by Alan Partridge.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

I did have a girlfriend who came out as a lesbian and chucked me for a girl.

It does feel vaguely insulting...
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045
    kinabalu said:

eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk

It’s getting gross, the Sun showing pics of Gina Coladangelo leaving the family home with packed bags. The people who have degraded public life in collusion with the likes of Murdoch are discovering where it leads. Not a happy place for any of us really.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    The Sun and the Daily Mail trying to assert some moral authority is one of the most sickening sights,
  • Options
    Looks like the Currant Bun have been following them around...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15397278/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-date/
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

My eldest was round a girls house that he quite fancied

Her friend was there - the 2 girls started making out

He decided to leave - they said he didn't have to

He left anyway

I disowned him :smiley:

• Options
    DJ at Matt Hancock's leaving party: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdftUeky/
  • Options
    Daily Mail

Pressure grows on Boris Johnson to sack Matt Hancock as 60-seconds long footage of the scandal-hit Health Secretary's clinch with a married aide emerged tonight, with one Tory MP warning 'If the public want him out then he could be gone by Monday'

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!
  • Options
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

My eldest was round a girls house that he quite fancied

Her friend was there - the 2 girls started making out

He decided to leave - they said he didn't have to

He left anyway

I disowned him :smiley:

Kids today, eh? :)
  • Options
    This is difficult for me as I think that Hancock should go for breaching his own rules - but I wouldn't want to see The S*n given the satisfaction of a scalp.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,423
    edited June 2021

We could have opened up last week had he not sat on the data which showed the earlier models to be far too pessimistic on vaccine efficacy.
    He wants to keep us masked and locked up, regardless of what the data says.
    Any last vestiges of sympathy I had for him - and a year ago I was prepared to cut him quite a bit of slack, poor hardworking bugger feeling his way through a crisis without precedent in his lifetime - evaporated then.
    Meanwhile, thousands of little lives are made just that bit poorer - a cancelled trip here, a family not seen there, a restricted wedding, a pub's takings lost - because he is addicted to the power he wields.
    He wanted to keep us locked up forever.
    He deserves this kicking. And then another kicking. And another one after that. Kick him, and kick him, and kick him again until he goes away. And then send people round to kick him periodically to show him that we haven't forgotten.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    Floater said:

Daily Mail

Pressure grows on Boris Johnson to sack Matt Hancock as 60-seconds long footage of the scandal-hit Health Secretary's clinch with a married aide emerged tonight, with one Tory MP warning 'If the public want him out then he could be gone by Monday'

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

It’s a lovely video. They are clearly in love. It’s heartening to see them both smiling with all the pressure they both must have been under in the grim Covid fight.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Finding this all a bit distasteful. I don't want the Press poking around in people's private lives. Not politicians, footballers, TV folk nor anyone else.
    The danger is this becomes "Hancock goes cos of sex scandal". Not "because of blatantly disregarding guidelines he helped draw up."
    If the former impression takes hold, it will be open season on everyone else.
    And I thought we were moving away from that kind of intrusive prurience.
    For that reason he needs to be sacked. And it needs to be very firmly emphasised why.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,418
    Jonathan said:

The Sun and the Daily Mail trying to assert some moral authority is one of the most sickening sights,

But they do it because people buy it.
    Remember the Private Eye Diana cover;

"The papers are a disgrace."

"Yes, I couldn't get one anywhere."

At a human level, MH needs to just go and do a Profumo; rebuild his life by quietly doing good somewhere.

But politically... If he goes now, it establishes a level of media ordure that gets a minister out. And the government can't risk that.

If you make a promise/threat like Boris's "I don't give in to media pressure", you have to follow through no matter what- or you're done for.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

It’s a lovely video. They are clearly in love. It’s heartening to see them both smiling with all the pressure they both must have been under in the grim Covid fight.
    I've just watched it (why?!) Have to say I agree with you really.

I stand by what I said earlier about the kicking though. Because of what @dixiedean said - blatantly disregarding guidelines he helped raw up. And enforced with menaces. And because the guidelines are so wildly over-the-top and have caused such misery.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Finding this all a bit distasteful. I don't want the Press poking around in people's private lives. Not politicians, footballers, TV folk nor anyone else.
    The danger is this becomes "Hancock goes cos of sex scandal". Not "because of blatantly disregarding guidelines he helped draw up."
    If the former impression takes hold, it will be open season on everyone else.
    And I thought we were moving away from that kind of intrusive prurience.
    For that reason he needs to be sacked. And it needs to be very firmly emphasised why.

How did the Sun get hold of this - was that a crime or in the public interest?

How long have they held it? Did Rupert ring Bojo “When do you want us to run it?”
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

Not sure their partners would agree - but agree they are both very into each other
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

I was tying to charm a girl at Uni, for a few weeks, one night at about 2AM or something she suggested that we go skinny dipping, which we did in river going though the main park in the city, it was a butifull night, and then I asked something like 'will you be my girlfriend?' she sead not now, then got all strange and we whet back to our accommodation, about 3 or 4 days later, she came out publicly as Lesbian. I hope it was not my necked body that was the deciding factor?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,150
    Fenman said:

No chance. Gorgeous George will save the day for Johnson.
  • Options
    So I see this much-hyped UAP report for the Pentagon has . . . said nothing meaningful yet called for more funding to go to the Pentagon.

To quote Iago: Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredib... I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from that surprise!
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,341
    OT Euro 2020. Underdogs Wales could beat Denmark Saturday. Kick off 5pm.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Looks like the Currant Bun have been following them around...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15397278/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-date/

They sound like an OK couple.

This Sun reader says 'Let them get on with it'
  • Options
    Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

I stand by what I said earlier about the kicking though. Because of what @dixiedean said - blatantly disregarding guidelines he helped raw up. And enforced with menaces. And because the guidelines are so wildly over-the-top and have caused such misery.
    I’m not sure there is hypocrisy angle. We are not really in a lock down anymore like we were, so to bring up all the rule keeping suffering from proper lockdowns as comparison does not apply. If the lady her family or friends gained from public procurements that doesn’t apply either, because this is not like the Profumo affair, or the sordid office liaisons by Prescott and other Labour politicians, this is a proper love affair between friends who are very close.

Thomas Hardy said he did not believe in marriage because people can naturally be very much in love with more than one person at a time. Unfortunately The Conservative Party has to believe in support for marriage and costs for adultery, so Hancock should be forced out to protect the sanctity of marriage.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

I’m not sure there is hypocrisy angle. We are not really in a lock down anymore like we were, so to bring up all the rule keeping suffering from proper lockdowns as comparison does not apply. If the lady her family or friends gained from public procurements that doesn’t apply either, because this is not like the Profumo affair, or the sordid office liaisons by Prescott and other Labour politicians, this is a proper love affair between friends who are very close.

Thomas Hardy said he did not believe in marriage because people can naturally be very much in love with more than one person at a time. Unfortunately The Conservative Party has to believe in support for marriage and costs for adultery, so Hancock should be forced out to protect the sanctity of marriage.
    I think with BJ as leader of the tory party, that last point does not stand.

I think if he goes, it will officerly be because of the hypocrisy, but that's a very dangerous president to set.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

Do you know?
    It took me quite a while to catch on to your habitually fine nuance. Think I have now.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

Do you know?
    It took me quite a while to catch on to your habitually fine nuance. Think I have now.
    Thank you. 🙂
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

At the very least, I would observe he is not wearing a mask while being less than 1.5m from a colleagueand being stood up. I would quitelike, for example, to go to the pub without constantly slipping a mask on and off.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    BigRich said:

gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

I think with BJ as leader of the tory party, that last point does not stand.

I think if he goes, it will officerly be because of the hypocrisy, but that's a very dangerous president to set.
    Boris in office has had affairs and children, been divorced and remarried. He can hardly sack Hancock for a mere fraction of his own swordsmanship, and his own story suggests the public is not bothered by ministerial hanky-panky.

So probably the whip hand is Mrs Hancock's.
  • Options
    Can Boris save Hancock (assuming he particularly wants to) and Batley and Spen by bringing forward the easing of Covid restrictions?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

My first (and so far only) stint of jury service was the result of the fallout from a wedding.
    It went nuclear?
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

glw said:

Roger said:

I was tying to charm a girl at Uni, for a few weeks, one night at about 2AM or something she suggested that we go skinny dipping, which we did in river going though the main park in the city, it was a butifull night, and then I asked something like 'will you be my girlfriend?' she sead not now, then got all strange and we whet back to our accommodation, about 3 or 4 days later, she came out publicly as Lesbian. I hope it was not my necked body that was the deciding factor?
    In my case the young lady in question had spent the weekend at the women's peace camp at Greenham Common.

In retrospect....
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Strange that Labour have drifted quite a lot in Batley since the Hancock news broke. I guess it’s a bit of gossip for the public rather than a vote winner
  • Options
    RattersRatters Posts: 776
    If you want to impose authoritarian rules that effectively make new relationships forbidden, including at a point on time when the most vulnerable are vaccinated, it is pretty predictable that you will end up making a mockery of the law.

For the Health Secretary to then ignore the government's own rules by having an affair in the office on camera shows an impressive amount of contempt for everyone else

I know we are in a pandemic but rules should be defendable and followed by those in charge. If the rules are not viable to follow in practice, maybe they should have thought of that before making them.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

At the very least, I would observe he is not wearing a mask while being less than 1.5m from a colleagueand being stood up. I would quitelike, for example, to go to the pub without constantly slipping a mask on and off.
    Oh please. She is clearly in his bubble. How else could he have done such good work with those ludicrous restrictions you mentioned, as a minister in his own office.

The bottom line is simple. We have to respect the sanctity of marriage, especially as best for child rearing, otherwise it will result in chaos, very much anarchy in the UK. If Hancock doesn’t resolve this conflict in his private life the whole fabric of society will break apart.
  • Options
    Ratters said:

If you want to impose authoritarian rules that effectively make new relationships forbidden, including at a point on time when the most vulnerable are vaccinated, it is pretty predictable that you will end up making a mockery of the law.

For the Health Secretary to then ignore the government's own rules by having an affair in the office on camera shows an impressive amount of contempt for everyone else

I know we are in a pandemic but rules should be defendable and followed by those in charge. If the rules are not viable to follow in practice, maybe they should have thought of that before making them.

This.

I am disappointed by people who have affairs because it shows they are prepared to betray their other halves. I believe that the right of retribution lies with those other halves if it comes to light - and hence would not call for Hancock to go if these were normal times.

These are not normal times however. Hancock made rules for us to follow and has required people to resign for breaking them. He - and the government - have no right to expect others to follow those rules if he does not. This is weapons grade hypocrisy and he must resign. If he doesn't then he must be sacked. I'm pretty sure Boris realises this but is hoping that events will save him from making that decision. He may be a lucky general, but not this time.
  • Options

So I see this much-hyped UAP report for the Pentagon has . . . said nothing meaningful yet called for more funding to go to the Pentagon.

To quote Iago: Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredib... I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from that surprise!

Strange - I thought it was more interesting than I expected

For example

"We may require additional scientific knowledge to successfully collect on, analyze and characterize some of them."

In other words "we have no idea how that is even possible"
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Incredible that Boris hasn’t just sacked him. This cuts through a lot more than the Cummings Durham trip, I agree with Mike
  • Options
    Floater said:

Strange - I thought it was more interesting than I expected

For example

"We may require additional scientific knowledge to successfully collect on, analyze and characterize some of them."

In other words "we have no idea how that is even possible"
    Yeah. Me too. They are real, physical occurrences. Do we, the most scientifically and militarily advanced society on Earth have a clue what they might be?
    No.
    That is an interesting admission to say the least.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    The key question is ' What role did Fagan the One - eyed Spitting Viper play in the action'?
  • Options
    If the polls don't narrow I no longer have confidence in my fellow people to see right from wrong.

I am sure some will find a way to defend Hancock's behaviour or somehow make it a Labour issue, I hope nobody here is the same.
  • Options

If the polls don't narrow I no longer have confidence in my fellow people to see right from wrong.

I am sure some will find a way to defend Hancock's behaviour or somehow make it a Labour issue, I hope nobody here is the same.

I'm a Conservative. I won't defend Hancock. He has to go.
  • Options

I'm a Conservative. I won't defend Hancock. He has to go.
    My full credit to you, I would be calling for the same if it was a Labour cabinet member
  • Options
    Drip drip drip, the narrative continues.

Perhaps Starmer can just sit on his hands a bit longer
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    eek said:

Leon said:

Yuk
    True that he had his chance, though I think it improbable it would not have been released regardless.

His behaviour won't be defended, I'm sure. It might be deflected from in concern about CCTV in government buildings being leaked, but that's about it (not that it is not a real concern, it is, but it doesn't make a difference about his behaviour and that he should have resigned or been sacked).

I doubt he'll get much sympathy either, though whilst some of the comments can be amusing others are going a bit hard on the 'disgust' angle frankly, particularly when it doesn't seem to be a joke.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

This is difficult for me as I think that Hancock should go for breaching his own rules - but I wouldn't want to see The S*n given the satisfaction of a scalp.

Supporting something simply because it 'annoys the right people' is a bad trend in politics, and the same can apply for opposing something simply because it will 'please the wrong people'.

So I think we can get over it.
    Let's play my favourite game, swap Tory for Labour and let's see the reaction then. They would be calling for the person's head and rightfully so
  • Options

Horse, the last three boards have been full of Tories, ex-Tories and the broadly right wing calling for his head. (As well as lefties, natch). Noone has defended him.

How this translates into votes, I don't know. I mean, I lost any incilination to vote for the Tories 9 months ago, but I'm certainly not coming over to Labour because of this because they've supported every one of his pettifogging measures. I daresay for some this straw will be the last one though.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Horse, the last three boards have been full of Tories, ex-Tories and the broadly right wing calling for his head. (As well as lefties, natch). Noone has defended him.

How this translates into votes, I don't know. I mean, I lost any incilination to vote for the Tories 9 months ago, but I'm certainly not coming over to Labour because of this because they've supported every one of his pettifogging measures. I daresay for some this straw will be the last one though.
    Glad to hear this - I've been away and only really dipping in and out over the last few months so have not been aware of what has been posted prior to my post.
  • Options
    I'm off to bed but I would like to register my total lack of surprise at the reintroduction of roaming charges, despite many insisting it would never happen, it was obvious it would. Another Brexit dividend.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    edited June 2021

Hardly particularly new though , given the the apparent blind eye shown to so many of Johnson's transgressions.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

If Hancock had resigned this morning then I think the government would have escaped unscathed. Because he didn't this could move the public from positive support for the good vaccine programme to negative support due to his hypocrisy. I wouldn't be surprised by a 5-10% change over the next month. After all that's only 1 or 2 people in 20 noticing this and changing their current voting position.
  • Options
    The FA have asked Wembley staff to play loud music at kick-off during England's remaining European Championship matches to drown out the boos from some fans when Gareth Southgate's players take the knee.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,959
    Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Cookie said:

gealbhan said:

Floater said:

Daily Mail

IF IF IF????

Bye Hancock!!!

I imagine he had to slip a mask on every time he went home.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,959

Cookie said:

If Hancock had resigned this morning then I think the government would have escaped unscathed. Because he didn't this could move the public from positive support for the good vaccine programme to negative support due to his hypocrisy. I wouldn't be surprised by a 5-10% change over the next month. After all that's only 1 or 2 people in 20 noticing this and changing their current voting position.
    It is, on the on the other hand one in four to eight Conservative voters - which is quite a lot.
  • Options

I'm off to bed but I would like to register my total lack of surprise at the reintroduction of roaming charges, despite many insisting it would never happen, it was obvious it would. Another Brexit dividend.

AIUI EU mobile phone networks can charge UK phone networks because we have left the EU. UK mobile networks are responding by recovering some of those costs, but in different ways. EE (BT) are bringing back roaming charges to provide income to "support investment into our UK based customer service and leading UK network". 02 are adding a "fair use" data cap of 25GB a month and will not charge customers more to use their phones in the EU. 3 haven't announced charges yet. If 3 hold the line then the other networks may reverse their change to avoid losing UK customers. We will see.
This discussion has been closed.