Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

One Woman’s Perspective – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,051
    isam said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Foxy , as you are with us at this hour! May I ask how alarming it is to receive a call from a medical practice re- a blood test carried out less than 24 hours earlier?

Fairly alarming!

Thank you. The test form was issued in mid- January re- suspected gout. I have not been suffering unduly severely relative to others I am aware of who have the condition , and - given current NHS pressures - did not actually present it until last Weds at 12.30. I got a call from my surgery at 9.30 next morning - and have a telephone consultation to review the test on Tuesday afternoon.
    Less so in that case. If it were something serious then an immediate consultation.

Good GP's are getting very efficient with lockdown medicine. Others are pretty useless.
    Just over a fortnight ago I went to my doctors, first visit at this surgery, because I was worried about a mole that seemed to have changed. He said it was ok but was worried about a different one and said I should see a dermatologist ... next morning I got a phone call from the hospital arranging an appt, they told me he had put it down as urgent. I nearly passed out! It was the morning of one of my best mates funeral, fair to say I was pretty stressed. They said it was because GPs are worried about the backlog of cases missed due to Covid. I didn’t believe them, was too scared to go to the local hospital so went private and it was ok.
    Yes, suspected cancers go via a 2 week wait referral, so the referrals are dealt with daily to keep up. The instruction is to stick to this despite covid, indeed in Leicester we did so even at the peak of the wave.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

I can see, however, why you are skeptical of my stats. So let me try and give details, without too much info. For a start I said ‘some’ not ‘many’. Let’s say three of my friends are ‘some’

2 took ages to settle (married VERY late). 1 still hasn’t. All are highly sexed, 2 work in creative industries which are highly sociable, all are rich, confident, successful. More importantly, all are/were prepared to pay if they were going without.

That last factor is crucial. Add that in and suddenly it’s very easy

I’ve glimpsed, vicariously, the Weinstein world

Mate. Not 500. Even with working girls. The story is just as good with a lower number but not 500. Think about it.
    OK let me paint you a picture. I’ve altered all the crucial details but the portrait is accurate.

You’re very libidinous. Late 30s. You LOVE sex. You’re a multi millionaire theatre director. You’ve come out of an intense relationship feeling quite sad and nihilistic, but also extremely horny. You’re in a lovely Manhattan apartment on the Upper East Side

You decide to embark on a prolonged period of hedonism. A woman every other night, sometimes two a night. Mostly expensive call girls but also some genuine hook ups. You are, after all, a very rich successful theatre director. Quite a catch.

Eventually you tire of the bleakness, maybe you meet another woman for whom you have genuine feelings.

But you’ve spent two years on a bender. You can EASILY rack up 100 conquests a year if you’re so minded. Let’s say this period of indulgence happens, with varying degrees of excess, two or three times in your life

Et voila
    So we've gone from some of your friends are over 500 to one bloke (soz, who may or may not exist). And he might have had 100 conquests a year. For two years. Twice, perhaps (although again unlikely).
    I'm not "an expensive call girl" counts as a "conquest".
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,206
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

I can see, however, why you are skeptical of my stats. So let me try and give details, without too much info. For a start I said ‘some’ not ‘many’. Let’s say three of my friends are ‘some’

2 took ages to settle (married VERY late). 1 still hasn’t. All are highly sexed, 2 work in creative industries which are highly sociable, all are rich, confident, successful. More importantly, all are/were prepared to pay if they were going without.

Mate. Not 500. Even with working girls. The story is just as good with a lower number but not 500. Think about it.
    OK let me paint you a picture. I’ve altered all the crucial details but the portrait is accurate.

You’re very libidinous. Late 30s. You LOVE sex. You’re a multi millionaire theatre director. You’ve come out of an intense relationship feeling quite sad and nihilistic, but also extremely horny. You’re in a lovely Manhattan apartment on the Upper East Side

You decide to embark on a prolonged period of hedonism. A woman every other night, sometimes two a night. Mostly expensive call girls but also some genuine hook ups. You are, after all, a very rich successful theatre director. Quite a catch.

Eventually you tire of the bleakness, maybe you meet another woman for whom you have genuine feelings.

But you’ve spent two years on a bender. You can EASILY rack up 100 conquests a year if you’re so minded. Let’s say this period of indulgence happens, with varying degrees of excess, two or three times in your life

Et voila
    So we've gone from some of your friends are over 500 to one bloke (soz, who may or may not exist). And he might have had 100 conquests a year. For two years. Twice, perhaps (although again unlikely).
    To be fair I don’t think it is as unlikely as you say. Some of my mates are well into three figures, and they are just electricians from Hornchurch who settled down at 30!
    Topping, it turns out, is oddly naive. Bless
  • JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 5,997

If no one else wants the stuff, can we not just have it all? Speed up the boost even more...
    I have no problem with caution, but what evidence are they seeing to suggest issues? How many doses have we injected in the uk and how many problems?
    11 million, and 12 https://twitter.com/Martin_Moder/status/1371033872046166025?s=09
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,227
    edited March 2021
    Meanwhile, on the lighter side of the news . . .

Politico.com - Reports: Cuomo 'vaccine czar' called local officials to gauge loyalty

An aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo who is heading up the state’s vaccine rollout has called local officials to gauge their loyalty to the beleaguered governor, according to multiple reports on Sunday.

Larry Schwartz, who has filled several supportive roles for the Cuomo administration over the years, has rattled local leaders across the state with his outreach, according to The Washington Post and The New York Times.

An unnerved Democratic county executive who received one of these calls filed notice of an impending ethics complaint with the public integrity unit of the state attorney general’s office on Friday.

The executive reportedly was concerned that the county’s vaccine supply would be affected if they did not express support for the governor.

Comment - Andrew Cuomo is a tireless worker, particularly when it comes to digging his own hole.

Reckon he's just about down to the 6-foot mark, in due respect for NY social distancing rules, regs & other guidelines.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/city-hall/story/2021/03/14/reports-cuomo-vaccine-czar-called-local-officials-to-gauge-loyalty-1368247
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

DougSeal said:

This is a point that maybe should have been raised earlier but, now the Duke of Sussex is gone for good, who is going to defend the county from the marauding hordes of Kent, Surrey and Hampshire?

Given Kent has both a Prince and a Duke, Sussex never stood a chance
    Are their any English counties without a senior peer of the realm, at least in feudal theory & noninclature?

Seems to me one of the secrets of the British aristocracy, is to have branches, representation, presence everywhere.

Sorta like Starbucks, Amazon and Toastmasters International.
    Hampshire doesn’t have one, although we did have the Paget family to keep us straight. Plus the Earls of Portsmouth of course.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    Floater said:
    We should offer to be the European guinea pig and selflessly conduct the largest medical trial in history.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited March 2021
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila
    No. I said ‘some’ in my original comment. Not ‘many’. And it is some. 3, to be precise. Tho I have my suspicions about a fourth. Lol. Genuinely

I’ve given one (disguised and redacted) example of how it can happen. Quite easily. I can’t give any more for obv reasons. But think variations of that
    And I quoted back at you "some". And they have said it and you have chosen to believe it is three. But fine if that's important to you.

One or two a month for ten years is I'm sure doable and gets you to @isam's mates' three figures.
  • JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 5,997
    Charles said:

Charles said:

DougSeal said:

This is a point that maybe should have been raised earlier but, now the Duke of Sussex is gone for good, who is going to defend the county from the marauding hordes of Kent, Surrey and Hampshire?

Are their any English counties without a senior peer of the realm, at least in feudal theory & noninclature?

Seems to me one of the secrets of the British aristocracy, is to have branches, representation, presence everywhere.

Hampshire doesn’t have one, although we did have the Paget family to keep us straight. Plus the Earls of Portsmouth of course.
    And of course we are the heart of the Earldom of Wessex
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila
    No. I said ‘some’ in my original comment. Not ‘many’. And it is some. 3, to be precise. Tho I have my suspicions about a fourth. Lol. Genuinely

I’ve given one (disguised and redacted) example of how it can happen. Quite easily. I can’t give any more for obv reasons. But think variations of that
    And I quoted back at you "some". And they have said it and you have chosen to believe it is three. But fine if that's important to you.

One or two a month for ten years is I'm sure doable and gets you to @isam's mates' three figures.
    Then add in a few truly orgiastic years. On top of that.

But you’re determined not to believe me so we won’t get anywhere. Let us desist
    Charles said:

Charles said:

DougSeal said:

Hampshire has the Lascelles in the shape of the Chandos(es) which is pretty up there.
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,227
    Charles said:

Charles said:

DougSeal said:

Note that, according to wiki, "The third Earl declared himself King of Hampshire and his brother had him declared insane."

While personally think the bro was a kill-joy, certain would agree that this noble house is high-falutin enough for anyone.

So my point is proved?

Floater said:
    We should offer to be the European guinea pig and selflessly conduct the largest medical trial in history.
    Look at the next tweet after that

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1371222709749878784?s=21
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila

Agree and agree. Just sorry that you feel you are missing out.
    Including, it seems, details of how this kind of clotting is "very common" in covid.

So these patients may actually have had covid.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,874
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila

I believe you, but can’t help wondering if I should tried harder in my younger days... lifetime total not into double figures, but happily married for 15 years. Would 500 different partners have made a richer, more fulfilling life?
  • FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    Is the NHS the worst employer in the country. Don't know. But I'm certain that the RCN is the worst union. My wife pays into the union every month and the RCN appears to be complicit in all their abuses and incomptencies. Frankly, if Amazon tried to get away with the way the NHS treats its staff they would be, rightly, pilloried unmercifully.
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila

Agree and agree. Just sorry that you feel you are missing out.
    I’m in bloody lockdown. We’re all ‘missing out’. Sigh
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909

This thread has become a notch on @Leon's bedpost!

This protest thread has been stopped by the police.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    Were all the EU leaders dropped on their heads as children ? Thick. Thick. Thick as Thicker than pigshit.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540

Including, it seems, details of how this kind of clotting is "very common" in covid.

So these patients may actually have had covid.
    And some who now won’t get vaccinated until later almost certainly will get COVID, blood clots and die. What sort of precautionary principle is that?

The EU has had a nervous breakdown over AZ
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Charles said:

DougSeal said:

And of course we are the heart of the Earldom of Wessex
    Meh.

The Marquis of Winchester has it nailed
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Topping

Et voila

I believe you, but can’t help wondering if I should tried harder in my younger days... lifetime total not into double figures, but happily married for 15 years. Would 500 different partners have made a richer, more fulfilling life?
    I don’t know about you, but I think of it as a trade off. I’m happily married and I wouldn’t trade it (or risk it, or betray her) for the world; BUT I’d be lying if I said I don’t miss the feeling of the chase. A little bit of me mourns the fact I’ll never have that feeling again, but more of me enjoys the fact I get to grow old with the woman I love.
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004

If no one else wants the stuff, can we not just have it all? Speed up the boost even more...
    I have no problem with caution, but what evidence are they seeing to suggest issues? How many doses have we injected in the uk and how many problems?
    11 million, and 12 https://twitter.com/Martin_Moder/status/1371033872046166025?s=09
    Is that 1 in a million chance? Clearly the EU are Terry Pratchett fans as of course he rightly said that million to one chances occur 9 times out of 10.
This discussion has been closed.