Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The polling finds Brits top the world rankings when it comes to willingness to be vaccinated – polit

Comments

• Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!
    I had my first Pfizer dose yesterday. I'm only early 40s but have had some health problems so pushed up the list. The local set up was really efficient; I arrived ten minutes early and had my jab four minutes later, so six minutes before I was meant to arrive. I tried to loiter outside the centre (away from anyone) to not be so early, but got urged in by one of the volunteers.
    I found the whole experience unexpectedly uplifting. Everybody involved was so positive, their masks didn't seem to be hiding their smiles. I imagine only the bitterest opponents of the government/Boris/Brexit will deny the enormous success our vaccine strategy has been.
    I've been lurking here a while. I wanted to join the other day so I could get on the Meeks "useful list", but it seems I may have been too slow - unless the list is still alive despite his awkward departure? I'd like to respond to his insane accuation that supporters of Brexit and the current givernment have tried to kill his partner, by pointing out that his preferred policies would have been trying to kill me and many close to me by delaying our vaccinations by many months in the useless EU scheme.
    Was death-cult the mot-juste once?

Welcome aboard!

PS What's this about Meeks' awkward departure - have I missed something?
    It was one of the more spectacular PB Flounces. And I have seen a few.

He came on and started his "you are all evil Nazi zombies without souls, trying to kill my partner with Brexit" shtick, (while denying his ire was anything to do with Brexit), then got in a huff when people took a tiny bit of offence, and off he went.

It was the Butthurt of The Meeks, REDUX

TBH it quite perplexes me. He is clearly a very intelligent, sensitive guy, and he has been through difficult times. But, really, calm down

I hope he returns with his excellent articulate headers, and often perceptive comments. But he just has to get over Brexit. It is done.
    Ah, if you’d only been here in the early days, when a bloke called SeanT used to flounce off about once every 36 hours - oftener, if he was drunk.

But he came back.

Until one day suddenly he didn’t and we were no longer regaled with his amazing commentary.

I particularly cherish the time he told me he didn't ‘give a tankard of warm donkey spunk’ what I thought of him.
    SeanT used to gratuitously and hyperbolically insult anyone who didn't agree with him. Those insults were funny to read, but you knew it would be your turn the day after if you took issue with him on another point and engaged him on it.

He was basically a dick. A funny, entertaining and insightful dick, but still a dick.

I wonder where he is now, and whether he's mellowed over the last 10 years?
    Since he left, we can sadly do nothing butt-plug into our memories of the past.
    Indeed. Many a time the site is simply prostate with longing for him.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,215
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!
    I had my first Pfizer dose yesterday. I'm only early 40s but have had some health problems so pushed up the list. The local set up was really efficient; I arrived ten minutes early and had my jab four minutes later, so six minutes before I was meant to arrive. I tried to loiter outside the centre (away from anyone) to not be so early, but got urged in by one of the volunteers.
    I found the whole experience unexpectedly uplifting. Everybody involved was so positive, their masks didn't seem to be hiding their smiles. I imagine only the bitterest opponents of the government/Boris/Brexit will deny the enormous success our vaccine strategy has been.
    I've been lurking here a while. I wanted to join the other day so I could get on the Meeks "useful list", but it seems I may have been too slow - unless the list is still alive despite his awkward departure? I'd like to respond to his insane accuation that supporters of Brexit and the current givernment have tried to kill his partner, by pointing out that his preferred policies would have been trying to kill me and many close to me by delaying our vaccinations by many months in the useless EU scheme.

Welcome aboard!

He came on and started his "you are all evil Nazi zombies without souls, trying to kill my partner with Brexit" shtick, (while denying his ire was anything to do with Brexit), then got in a huff when people took a tiny bit of offence, and off he went.

TBH it quite perplexes me. He is clearly a very intelligent, sensitive guy, and he has been through difficult times. But, really, calm down

I hope he returns with his excellent articulate headers, and often perceptive comments. But he just has to get over Brexit. It is done.
    Ah, if you’d only been here in the early days, when a bloke called SeanT used to flounce off about once every 36 hours - oftener, if he was drunk.

But he came back.

Until one day suddenly he didn’t and we were no longer regaled with his amazing commentary.

I particularly cherish the time he told me he didn't ‘give a tankard of warm donkey spunk’ what I thought of him.
    "tankard of warm donkey spunk"???

That's very clever, to chime the "nk" in tankard with the "nk" in donkey AND the "nk" in spunk. Almost poetry.

However he was a nasty piece of work, however handsome, witty, charming, macho, well-dressed, generous, kindly, saint-like, humane, Christian and gifted, and it is good he has left these shores

• Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Pagan2 said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

At least if its warm you know its fresh
    "I particularly cherish the time he told me he didn't ‘give a tankard of warm donkey spunk’ what I thought of him"

Sounds like a good basis of a BBC 1 Saturday evening gameshow. Couldn't be any worse that what's on at present.
    Information: last Saturday's two-and-three-quarter hour zlistcelebritygameshowfest has been hacked down to 45 minutes. But only because there's a Six Nations tie on beforehand.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    MattW said:

geoffw said:

MattW said:

Questions from one who knows nothing of this procedure:

1. Is it really as simple as making such a request of the solicitors?
    2. Does it require unanimity amongst the Committee members (i.e. could objections from the SNP members thwart the request)?
    3. Does the Crown Office have any power to obstruct the request?
    4. If the Committee obtains the information then does a concept of Parliamentary privilege exist in the devolved set-up which would enable it to discuss and to publish said information openly, without fear of prosecution for contempt of court?
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/46/part/I/crossheading/proceedings-etc

?
    Exactly as Wee Eck said.

There may be a procedural question, as to how it is issued.

ie Can than be done by the committee chair, committee majority, or has to be by Parliament.

Will depend on Standing Orders, Terms of Reference for Committee; I am not familiar with those.

I think that he has set it up to be slightly tricky for anyone to refuse to issue the Notice.

Is emergency legal intervention possible, I wonder?

Not a Salmond fan, but that was the best political Prestige I have seen for some time.
    Salmond had the cool command of a man who has a secure copy of every nasty text sent about him.

There will be people crapping themselves tonight. Somebody is his (wo)man on the inside. Which of them is it? Let paranoia run riot...
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

That's very clever, to chime the "nk" in tankard with the "nk" in donkey AND the "nk" in spunk. Almost poetry.

However he was a nasty piece of work, however handsome, witty, charming, macho, well-dressed, generous, kindly, saint-like, humane, Christian and gifted, and it is good he has left these shores

You forgot ‘well hung.’
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

Better than cold. That would be...well nasty.
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

....followed the Elves into the Undying Lands. Was he also cross-dressing or transitioning or am I getting confused with someone else?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

A baffling mystery.

SeanT just vanished with no clues -- like Madeleine McCann.
    I feel he would have liked that.....
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

Interesting that he said ‘tankard.’ Now being PB’s punmeister, I would put donkey spunk in Tupperware.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

You forgot ‘well hung.’
    Was he Lord Flashheart?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

You forgot ‘well hung.’
    But that was before he got sadly newtered.
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844
    ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

Interesting that he said ‘tankard.’ Now being PB’s punmeister, I would put donkey spunk in Tupperware.
    New zealand is where you need to be
    https://metro.co.uk/2011/06/28/horse-semen-sold-in-new-zealand-pub-59769/
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995
    Toms said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

Yes

He and Phil fell out and he said he would not post again

I do not agree with Alastair but I have to say he privately messaged me about my eldest's mental health and the electroconvulsive treatment that he was having and he was just so kind and understanding that I am sorry if he does carry out his threat
    He’s a frustrating character. Clearly clever, successful, and with strong views. Also prone to be a bit over the top and histrionic, and lacking in self awareness. If you post on pb you must accept that not everyone will agree with you, and some will reply to your comments, often unpleasantly, as he did to me today. Yet pb remains a remarkable place to go for insight far beyond the mainstream media, and with all viewpoints. Running away is a sad loss.
    As Paul Gauguin said:
    "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?"
    Katmandu?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

You forgot ‘well hung.’
    Was he Lord Flashheart?
    A good try. Mayall your posts be equally felicitous.
  • Options

Leon said:

It's like a Stalinist show trial where they do a pretendy bit in the middle when they seem to be transparent.... and then it's back to the whitewash

It beggars belief that any democrat in Scotland, Yes, No, Indy, Tory, whatever, can tolerate this spectacle
    And yet... Unless there really is a smoking gun still waiting to be discovered then Nicola Sturgeon will almost certainly survive, and the SNP will ride to a triumphant victory in the May election. Actually, even if she didn't survive they'd still end up as the largest party by a stretch.

Scotland is a bit like Northern Ireland only with three completely shit Unionist parties and only one somewhat shit Nationalist party. That kind of set up isn't likely to lead to any close results.
    Yes, there was no smoking gun today, but boy, there was a lot of smoke. Reeking and acrid.

The FM will survive, but my guess is this will damage Sturgeon and the SNP, possibly enough to deprive them of an outright majority.

For the first time in my life, I felt sorry for Alex Salmond. Setting his beliefs aside, he really DID look like a man who has been conspired against, in quite a wicked way.

Maybe he's a brilliant actor. I dunno. But his hurt and anger seemed genuine. To me

• Options
    Pagan2 said:

ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

New zealand is where you need to be
    https://metro.co.uk/2011/06/28/horse-semen-sold-in-new-zealand-pub-59769/
    hmm perhaps we should tell contrarian its why new zealand is so covid free?
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    Roger said:

malcolmg said:

Omnium said:

geoffw said:

Fantastic! Salmond advises the committee to ask his solicitors for for any information withheld by branches of government, and tells them that the Scotland Act enables this

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonMSP/status/1365369267282190336
    He's almost a characterisation of the Revenge is a dish best served cold idea.

Are these really the explosive revelations that Salmond clearly thinks they are? I’ve always found his smug, self-satisfied demeanour repellent - and all the more so in the light of the revelations of how he behaved around female subordinates.
    Did you listen to it. A masterclass.
    From the witness yes. Head & shoulders above the current crop (both sides of the border)

Some of his questioners, much less so.....I thought Murdo & Jackie stood out - some of the others did too - for the wrong reasons.....

https://twitter.com/murdo_fraser/status/1365365223633416197?s=20

Enemies enemies make strange bedfellows. You of all people Carlotta standing four square behind one of the most appalling misogynists* in British politics.

(Forgive me quoting Ruth Davidson)
    But is he? Or are you prejudging?
  • Options
    Leon said:

How did everybody enjoy the weather today?

I went to an old friend's place (who has quite a huge plot so no problem with social distancing) to dig out and over about 100 square foot of bramble infested former vegetable patch for him, so he can grow veg again this year. He's a very keen gardener but can't physically manage that sort of job any more.

I haven't done any exercise other than walking to the supermarket late at night since early November, so digging up bramble was hard. I had to stop every fifteen minutes or so for beer. I'm aching now, especially my left (vaxed) arm. But I'm feeling the best I have in months.

The sun has been shining and I've had a vaccine. I feel alive again.

I went for a fabulous boozy walk in Richmond Park with a good friend. We walked, then drank wine, then walked, then drank wine. I saw the amazing view of St Paul's Cathedral from "King Henry's Mound", which I had never heard of before. And the view is amazing: ten miles away, through an allee in the trees.

One of the upsides of this terrible 13 months has been reforging friendships, and rediscovering, or even discovering, where I live: city and country
    Day started with skylark song and wood pigeons doing display flights over the fields.

Then the first mowing of the lawns this year.

Warm spring sunshine and the smell of mown grass. Made me quite tear up it did. Simple yet profound pleasures count for so much these days.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Obviously, if people would like a PB meet when OGH is in the Lakes in late summer, Daughter is very willing to host.

A PB meet after all this time would be lovely!

Yes, a rare moment of good sense from the poster in question to suggest it. I would vote for meeting.

Hope to be able to come up at some point anyway, but one meal is obviously less than however many arrive!
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Obviously, if people would like a PB meet when OGH is in the Lakes in late summer, Daughter is very willing to host.

Does your daughter have doombar on tap?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

That is a good idea! I have an overdue trip to Ulverston...10 months and counting.
  • Options
    I'd like to appear to have a propensity to weigh in on the most important topics here. So..

Blur v Oasis

I first heard Blur in 91 and thought this was really good. Apparently it was Kurt Cobain's favourite British song that year..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI

Oasis had two awesome albums and eclipsed Blur. But Gorillaz eclipsed anything Gallagher Bros have done since.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Omnium said:

I'm 57 and got my first jab this morning - at Lord's. It was really very well organised. Hat's off to those concerned.

Did they use the hall by the Nursery ground? (God, I can't wait to get back to Lords to watch cricket.)
    I'd like to have mine in the long room.

I hope you would wear your MCC tie for the occasion.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

Maybe as a sorbet?
  • Options
    Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

It's probably some sort of fancy Old Norse skaldic verse. Doesn't quite qualify as Old English metre
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited February 2021
    All this talk about clever highly strung people reminds me of a theorist who was "possessed" by a deeply theoretical study of his invention, and put down a very large number of hours a week on our university computerised survey---maybe 12 or more hours a day seven days a week. The upshot was that the digitalized system found his information indigestible and the VC (not understanding at all how academics work) roused himself out of bed at about three am to send my friend an email. And got an immediate reply.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

I think this is a brilliant idea. I've never made it to a PB meet before (tho I believe I put some money behind the bar, for one, for some reason I cannot recall). I'd love an excuse to go to the Lakes after all this HORROR is over.

This is a good cause, and yay we can support a PBer business. Count me in.
  • Options

Leon said:

I went to an old friend's place (who has quite a huge plot so no problem with social distancing) to dig out and over about 100 square foot of bramble infested former vegetable patch for him, so he can grow veg again this year. He's a very keen gardener but can't physically manage that sort of job any more.

I haven't done any exercise other than walking to the supermarket late at night since early November, so digging up bramble was hard. I had to stop every fifteen minutes or so for beer. I'm aching now, especially my left (vaxed) arm. But I'm feeling the best I have in months.

I went for a fabulous boozy walk in Richmond Park with a good friend. We walked, then drank wine, then walked, then drank wine. I saw the amazing view of St Paul's Cathedral from "King Henry's Mound", which I had never heard of before. And the view is amazing: ten miles away, through an allee in the trees.

One of the upsides of this terrible 13 months has been reforging friendships, and rediscovering, or even discovering, where I live: city and country
    Day started with skylark song and wood pigeons doing display flights over the fields.

Warm spring sunshine and the smell of mown grass. Made me quite tear up it did. Simple yet profound pleasures count for so much these days.
    Got my trap out again tonight Mark in spite of the cold and already got a couple - Hebrew Character and Dotted Border.

Surprised to be honest as it is not only near zero but a Snow Moon as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I'd like to appear to have a propensity to weigh in on the most important topics here. So..

Blur v Oasis

I first heard Blur in 91 and thought this was really good. Apparently it was Kurt Cobain's favourite British song that year..

Oasis had two awesome albums and eclipsed Blur. But Gorillaz eclipsed anything Gallagher Bros have done since.

Albarn's opera of Monkey was more highbrow than anything the monobrows managed.
    I mean...an opera in Mandarin. Mad for it. Top!
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

The Meeks/Thompson spat has made the Mail front page????
    The caption under the harry and meghan picture should be "She smiles so much since I bought her an artisanal flint knapped dildo"
    I remain to be convinced of the merit of flint sex toys.

Perhaps that's what happened to SeanT? Tragically died in a stone dildo accident? Such a waste.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Here is a quick (under three minute) explanation of that view by the ever informative Tom Scott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGXbiSwcqtM
  • Options
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

The caption under the harry and meghan picture should be "She smiles so much since I bought her an artisanal flint knapped dildo"

Perhaps that's what happened to SeanT? Tragically died in a stone dildo accident? Such a waste.
    as a complete off topic I remember being in a pub in the early 90's that had a machine selling flavoured condoms. Lager and lime, curry and cheese and onion. I realised at that point what sort of pub I was in
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,668

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

Oh I don't know, I am sure the dildo could have been cleaned and re-used.
  • Options

Leon said:

Got my trap out again tonight Mark in spite of the cold and already got a couple - Hebrew Character and Dotted Border.

Surprised to be honest as it is not only near zero but a Snow Moon as well.
    Cold here, but six species in so far, including Oak Beauty and a Grey Shoulder-knot new for the year.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

I think this is a brilliant idea. I've never made it to a PB meet before (tho I believe I put some money behind the bar, for one, for some reason I cannot recall). I'd love an excuse to go to the Lakes after all this HORROR is over.

There is a very good local hotel overlooking the sea I can recommend.

I hope it comes off. Would be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

as a complete off topic I remember being in a pub in the early 90's that had a machine selling flavoured condoms. Lager and lime, curry and cheese and onion. I realised at that point what sort of pub I was in
    Up-market?
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

One that needed to update its range of snacks?
  • Options

Leon said:

Here is a quick (under three minute) explanation of that view by the ever informative Tom Scott:

Most informative. Ta
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Cyclefree said:

Does your daughter have doombar on tap?
    This year, just doom.....

(sorry Ms Cyclefree!)
  • Options

Not for the first time, Scoop Smith having to recognise the gap between what she wants to have happened and the actualité.

https://twitter.com/bbcsarahsmith/status/1365399553634144258?s=21

God, she’s shite! Kuennsberg for dummies. Her Dad must be turning in his grave at his daughter’s lack of political knowledge.
  • Options

Blur v Oasis

Definitely Maybe was outstanding.

What's the Story (Morning Glory) was pretty good.

But Blur kept on evolving. Think Tank, for example, was a terrific album.
  • Options
    I'm in.

#lashfreewithcyclefree
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

Up-market?
    Well for me yes. My sort of pub had a cling film dispenser and you rolled your own
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,200
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

But he came back.

You forgot ‘well hung.’
    Nah - 10 years older so it’s probably shrivelled through lack of use...
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641
    Cyclefree said:

Bring your own vaccine passport...
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

He's clearly a remarkable chap. He persuaded soul music legends Mavis Staples and Bobby Womack into his Gorillaz set up. To choose those people, and be able to get them.. I want to go on a night out with Damon
  • Options
    edited February 2021

rcs1000 said:

Omnium said:

I'm 57 and got my first jab this morning - at Lord's. It was really very well organised. Hat's off to those concerned.

Did they use the hall by the Nursery ground? (God, I can't wait to get back to Lords to watch cricket.)
    I'd like to have mine in the long room.

I hope you would wear your MCC tie for the occasion.
    I think it's very important that all PBers know that I took a wicket on the main pitch at Lords in an official game, and that is recorded in the Lords scorebook.

So some poor bastard is "c. Bright b. Smithson"
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

He's clearly a remarkable chap. He persuaded soul music legends Mavis Staples and Bobby Womack into his Gorillaz set up. To choose those people, and be able to get them.. I want to go on a night out with Damon
    How come your post count is stuck resolutely on zero?

Spooky.
  • Options

Not for the first time, Scoop Smith having to recognise the gap between what she wants to have happened and the actualité.

God, she’s shite! Kuennsberg for dummies. Her Dad must be turning in his grave at his daughter’s lack of political knowledge.
    The only 2 things to have united both sides of the SNP schism today is Cole-Hamilton being an absolute twat and Smith being useless.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Most informative. Ta
    Tom Scott and people like him are why I think the BBC might be in real trouble fairly soon. He can put together a short, informative mini-documentary on an obscure topic, make it interesting, and film it at high quality for a tiny fraction of what it would cost the beeb, and he is far from alone.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

How come your post count is stuck resolutely on zero?

Spooky.
    Perhaps he doesn't really exist, its really our collective sanity shouting "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Not surprising you never made it to a PB meet before, you only joined in December. 😉
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Great news. The whole of Britain across all nations, parties and cultures is doing a great job getting on with getting vaccinated.

FPT

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

I see the Guardian says the Begum ruling is “controversial”

This is one of those special Guardian word-definitions, where “controversial” means “it dismays three people in Islington”

The view of the court about the respect to be given to the views and judgment of Ministers is something of a throw back and may cause ripples. It is not easy to reconcile that view with the unanimous view of the Court in the Prorogation case, to take an example.
    The court over-reached with the prorogation case; this time they are exactly right. These difficult executive decisions must be made by people who are democratically accountable
    These two cases are easily reconciled.

In both cases the court found it had the power to intervene. It took the view that it should intervene in the prorogation case because the government was taking the piss (which it was): the government's refusal to give any account under oath for its actions may well have proven fatal to its case. You seem to have forgotten that at the time of the purported prorogation Britain had a Prime Minister who had not been elected at a general election, who did not command a majority in Parliament and indeed had not won a vote in Parliament pursuing a policy that had not been put before the British public and using prorogation as a tool to impose that irreversibly.

In the present case it took the view that the government had acted within the wide latitude granted to governments when taking decisions. Which, given that the Home Secretary was exercising statutory powers given to them in an extreme case, is not all that surprising.

The main consequence of the prorogation case was political. The public decided, unlike in the USA, that they were AOK with self-coups. As a result Britain now has a government with a light attachment to democracy and an extreme aversion to any form of accountability enthusiastically supported by a self-radicalised posse who are quite willing to overlook anything it does, up to and including the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands.
    Nice example of ensuring people wont pay attention to your solidly put points because you wanted to indulge in unrelated theatrical condemnation.

Now you can pretend to be affronted when people ignore your good first paras, even though that was presumably your intention and you want Brexiteers to rage at you so you can respond in turn.

Well, each of us has fun in their own way i suppose.
    The last bit is the important bit. Tens of thousands of people have died avoidable deaths, but the government's supporters simply don't think that's as important as supporting the government.

I am staggered at the self-degradation of these partisans.
    Pot meet kettle. I assume the Italians, French, Germans, Americans (need I go on?) who died were all unavoidable deaths? Or maybe. just maybe there is a nasty virus in worldwide circulation causing epic problems to all governments. Ours has not performed well, I think most would accept that, but they are not the only ones to struggle in this pandemic. At least we have one of the most open and trustworthy reporting systems. How many Chinese died in Wuhan province? How many Spaniards have died (unclear reporting, and a suggestion that that true figure is far higher than the official one?
    I get that you hate Brexit and the current government, but you are one of the most blinkered on this site. You are an intelligent man, but your own lack of self awareness is stark.
    Britain has done exceptionally badly, in the bottommost tier of countries in its response to Covid-19. Only the most crazed zealots would suggest otherwise.

Sadly, many of those crazed zealots infest this site. Here's the sort of problem that they're determined to avoid discussing:

https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1364961983964053511?s=20
    I raised this this morning but the hypothesis of that comment that this is something that could have been avoided is at best unproven. As far as we can tell what happened was that Kent variant took a much greater hold in this country than elsewhere, it was far more infectious and possibly marginally more dangerous.

Your default assumption that this was a consequence of government incompetence or ineptitude may prove to be correct but it is an assumption. The UK has the best genomic analysis in the world. By that time (December) it had amongst the best test and trace and was one of the very highest levels of testing. And yet we were still caught with our trousers down. Incompetence? Maybe but it is possible that we did our very best and were simply unlucky.
    My memory is good enough to remember early December, when cases in Britain were obviously rising and the government was resisting tightening up. I remember the Prime Minister mocking the Leader of the Opposition for suggesting the same thing.

It was obvious what was happening at the time. And untold thousands paid with their lives because the Prime Minister couldn't bear to do the unpopular but necessary thing.
    I'm sure you're diligently noting down in your ledger the untold thousands of EU citizens who will perish completely unnecessarily due to the EU, and various Member State governments, putting political ideology and dogma ahead of the lives of their citizens.
    Your position the other night was that this was a pandemic and as such a natural phenomenon for which no government could be blamed for anything at all. Have you yet moved on from that ridiculous position?
    Not at all. I'm just naively assuming you must be doing as I mentioned as a logical extension of your criticisms of the UK government.

If you're not then it doesn't bother me, but it would be interesting to know. Unless of course there's axes to be ground.

I don't blame any government for anything as it happens. No government is deliberately seeking to kill their citizens. All are doing what they consider to be the best at the time they make any decision, in rapidly changing situations, with new and constantly evolving scientific evidence or theories.

But if there's an axe to be ground then so be it. Fill your boots. It won't assuage your evident hate of the UK government though. Use your vote instead. If enough people agree with you then democracy will have its say.

I have a feeling though that it won't be your current angst that'll be the undoing of Johnson.

So you do agree that the outrageous number of avoidable deaths that the British government is responsible for is something that they should be held accountable for?
    No I don't as I don't consider them to be "outrageous" or ultimately what I would consider to be "avoidable".

Comparatively high to others, at this precise moment in time, yes. Expected, yes.

We have a habit of making our governments "accountable" every 4 or 5 years. If your belief is shared by the majority of people come judgement day then you'll be the first to celebrate I'm sure.
    Expected? The fourth worst in the world? This country is well and truly up shit creek if your disgusting complacency about such disastrous performance is widely shared.
    Except fourth in the world is not true. There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever so only someone trying to lie to score partisan points would use that claim.
    4th is a frequently quoted (by reputable sources) current estimate of where we stand. It can be disputed - as all precise country comparisons can be - but it's not a bad faith claim. You, OTOH, with nonsense such as "there is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever", are lying.
    There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever. Here are the real officially recorded excess death figures: https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Show me how you can get 4th from that? Or do you think we should be using the guesstimate trackers that we know are missing half or more of some countries deaths?

Which matters more for you: how many people have actually died (excess deaths) or using figures you know are wrong because they put Britain in a bad light (recorded Covid19 deaths)?
    I have two very strong suspicions.

a) if the 'official' Covid deaths on Worldometer showed the UK with a much lower death rate than others, you would be trumpeting the government's success ad infinitum, regardless of what excess deaths showed (currently).

b) you will emphatically deny a).
    If I did and I was using Worldometer figures that were BS then you would be right to correct the record and point out that they're bullshit.

Everyone agreed early on, before figures showed anything, that the one gold standard true metric during a pandemic is excess deaths. Because some countries (like the UK) do a good job of testing for and accurately recording cause of death, others do not.

What matters more to you:

a) how many have actually died in real life?

b) how many Worldometers claims have died?
    a). But neither you, nor I, know how we compare relative to other countries on that measure yet, and we won't for some time. So you going on about it is no different from those going on about b).
    a) https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

We don't know everything but there's a substantial amount of data there.

Italy until 30/11/20 had 157 excess deaths per 100k population.
    Britain until 22/01/21 had 160 excess deaths per 100k population.

Given the figures that have come out from Italy in December and January it seems reasonable to expect more than 3 deaths per 100k in the eight weeks they have missing from the data.
    (i) "I disagree with the table showing we are 4th worst in the world on covid outcome. There are other ways of comparing that I think give a fairer result."

(ii) "4th in the world is not true. There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever."

Language is all there is on an internet forum and you are abusing it here. It's fine - you write what you want - but so will I.

And here I use it to charge and convict you of arguing in bad faith, aka LYING.
    No you are acting in bad faith.

There is categorically no semblance of truth to the Worldometers figures. Just because someone compiles dodgy data does not give it a semblance of truth.

When Italy are recording two excess deaths for every one Covid death there is no good faith reason at all to be using the Worldometers data when accurate alternatives are out there.

It is like a few days ago when Leon claimed that France had a 25% death toll from Covid19 because that is what Worldometers gives as the closed case death rate.

Anybody still using Worldometers as their primary source and trying to make political claims based on that is either malicious or ignorant.

Worldometers table is not "unfair" or "disagreeable" it is wrong and using wrong data leads to wrong outcomes. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Much deflection rather than admit hyperbolic language. Ah well.
    It isn't hyperbolic.

You either believe in using data with integrity, or you do not. If you know data is completely fallacious - like Worldometers claiming 25% of French covid patients die, or that the UK has the 4th highest death toll per capita - then you need to sort that out and get accurate data.
    I always had my suspicions about Worldometers. Turns out it's owned by the Chinese. Which got me thinking - what if Covid wad created by the Chinese in order to have a really, really popular website which would sell dodgy Chinese brands to morbid western readers?

I don't really believe this of course. Worldometers gives sources for all is info and its not the fault of the site thst accuracy and definitions vary so wildly across the world.
    Though it is true that it's owned by the Chinese. And it is true that it advertises products which look, well, not-right. (Indeed it was this which led me to look up where it came from.)
  • Options

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Not surprising you never made it to a PB meet before, you only joined in December.
    Never made it to one either and frankly scared kinablu might summon me to the carpark for fisticuffs
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

I once pottered along mid 80's to the Borderline on Charing Cross Road and somehow got in to see a gig by her dad, Pops Staples. Quite a night....
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

I agree with all you say there, especially on Think Tank. It is. I feel bad on Graham Coxon for saying it, but I love that album.

Parklife was part of something massive though, and a pretty good album as well. I spent all day in the rain at Mile End Stadium waiting for blur to play, and ended up going back to Romford instead. I also fell asleep at my girlfriends and missed Oasis famous gig at Earls Court. Oh well

blur were quite pretentious though. The Rock Profiles send up of them is great
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

Oh, for sure. I far preferred Blur for a long time after Oasisx2 and that period of Blur's doesn't get the acclaim it deserves. But I think those two Oasis albums beat Blur because more people remember/recognise and like them.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

Oh, for sure. I far preferred Blur for a long time after Oasisx2 and that period of Blur's doesn't get the acclaim it deserves. But I think those two Oasis albums beat Blur because more people remember/recognise and like them.
    Having searched out some of these bands now I am quite glad I abdured radio
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

I once pottered along mid 80's to the Borderline on Charing Cross Road and somehow got in to see a gig by her dad, Pops Staples. Quite a night....
    First time I've been jealous of a PB music anecdote.. Pops Staples!! That's so cool.. Would love to hear the story!
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Great news. The whole of Britain across all nations, parties and cultures is doing a great job getting on with getting vaccinated.

FPT

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

This is one of those special Guardian word-definitions, where “controversial” means “it dismays three people in Islington”

The view of the court about the respect to be given to the views and judgment of Ministers is something of a throw back and may cause ripples. It is not easy to reconcile that view with the unanimous view of the Court in the Prorogation case, to take an example.
    The court over-reached with the prorogation case; this time they are exactly right. These difficult executive decisions must be made by people who are democratically accountable

In both cases the court found it had the power to intervene. It took the view that it should intervene in the prorogation case because the government was taking the piss (which it was): the government's refusal to give any account under oath for its actions may well have proven fatal to its case. You seem to have forgotten that at the time of the purported prorogation Britain had a Prime Minister who had not been elected at a general election, who did not command a majority in Parliament and indeed had not won a vote in Parliament pursuing a policy that had not been put before the British public and using prorogation as a tool to impose that irreversibly.

In the present case it took the view that the government had acted within the wide latitude granted to governments when taking decisions. Which, given that the Home Secretary was exercising statutory powers given to them in an extreme case, is not all that surprising.

The main consequence of the prorogation case was political. The public decided, unlike in the USA, that they were AOK with self-coups. As a result Britain now has a government with a light attachment to democracy and an extreme aversion to any form of accountability enthusiastically supported by a self-radicalised posse who are quite willing to overlook anything it does, up to and including the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands.
    Nice example of ensuring people wont pay attention to your solidly put points because you wanted to indulge in unrelated theatrical condemnation.

Now you can pretend to be affronted when people ignore your good first paras, even though that was presumably your intention and you want Brexiteers to rage at you so you can respond in turn.

The last bit is the important bit. Tens of thousands of people have died avoidable deaths, but the government's supporters simply don't think that's as important as supporting the government.

Pot meet kettle. I assume the Italians, French, Germans, Americans (need I go on?) who died were all unavoidable deaths? Or maybe. just maybe there is a nasty virus in worldwide circulation causing epic problems to all governments. Ours has not performed well, I think most would accept that, but they are not the only ones to struggle in this pandemic. At least we have one of the most open and trustworthy reporting systems. How many Chinese died in Wuhan province? How many Spaniards have died (unclear reporting, and a suggestion that that true figure is far higher than the official one?
    I get that you hate Brexit and the current government, but you are one of the most blinkered on this site. You are an intelligent man, but your own lack of self awareness is stark.
    Britain has done exceptionally badly, in the bottommost tier of countries in its response to Covid-19. Only the most crazed zealots would suggest otherwise.

Sadly, many of those crazed zealots infest this site. Here's the sort of problem that they're determined to avoid discussing:

I raised this this morning but the hypothesis of that comment that this is something that could have been avoided is at best unproven. As far as we can tell what happened was that Kent variant took a much greater hold in this country than elsewhere, it was far more infectious and possibly marginally more dangerous.

Your default assumption that this was a consequence of government incompetence or ineptitude may prove to be correct but it is an assumption. The UK has the best genomic analysis in the world. By that time (December) it had amongst the best test and trace and was one of the very highest levels of testing. And yet we were still caught with our trousers down. Incompetence? Maybe but it is possible that we did our very best and were simply unlucky.
    My memory is good enough to remember early December, when cases in Britain were obviously rising and the government was resisting tightening up. I remember the Prime Minister mocking the Leader of the Opposition for suggesting the same thing.

It was obvious what was happening at the time. And untold thousands paid with their lives because the Prime Minister couldn't bear to do the unpopular but necessary thing.
    I'm sure you're diligently noting down in your ledger the untold thousands of EU citizens who will perish completely unnecessarily due to the EU, and various Member State governments, putting political ideology and dogma ahead of the lives of their citizens.
    Your position the other night was that this was a pandemic and as such a natural phenomenon for which no government could be blamed for anything at all. Have you yet moved on from that ridiculous position?
    Not at all. I'm just naively assuming you must be doing as I mentioned as a logical extension of your criticisms of the UK government.

If you're not then it doesn't bother me, but it would be interesting to know. Unless of course there's axes to be ground.

I don't blame any government for anything as it happens. No government is deliberately seeking to kill their citizens. All are doing what they consider to be the best at the time they make any decision, in rapidly changing situations, with new and constantly evolving scientific evidence or theories.

But if there's an axe to be ground then so be it. Fill your boots. It won't assuage your evident hate of the UK government though. Use your vote instead. If enough people agree with you then democracy will have its say.

I have a feeling though that it won't be your current angst that'll be the undoing of Johnson.

So you do agree that the outrageous number of avoidable deaths that the British government is responsible for is something that they should be held accountable for?
    No I don't as I don't consider them to be "outrageous" or ultimately what I would consider to be "avoidable".

Comparatively high to others, at this precise moment in time, yes. Expected, yes.

We have a habit of making our governments "accountable" every 4 or 5 years. If your belief is shared by the majority of people come judgement day then you'll be the first to celebrate I'm sure.
    Expected? The fourth worst in the world? This country is well and truly up shit creek if your disgusting complacency about such disastrous performance is widely shared.
    Except fourth in the world is not true. There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever so only someone trying to lie to score partisan points would use that claim.
    4th is a frequently quoted (by reputable sources) current estimate of where we stand. It can be disputed - as all precise country comparisons can be - but it's not a bad faith claim. You, OTOH, with nonsense such as "there is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever", are lying.
    There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever. Here are the real officially recorded excess death figures: https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Show me how you can get 4th from that? Or do you think we should be using the guesstimate trackers that we know are missing half or more of some countries deaths?

Which matters more for you: how many people have actually died (excess deaths) or using figures you know are wrong because they put Britain in a bad light (recorded Covid19 deaths)?

a) if the 'official' Covid deaths on Worldometer showed the UK with a much lower death rate than others, you would be trumpeting the government's success ad infinitum, regardless of what excess deaths showed (currently).

If I did and I was using Worldometer figures that were BS then you would be right to correct the record and point out that they're bullshit.

Everyone agreed early on, before figures showed anything, that the one gold standard true metric during a pandemic is excess deaths. Because some countries (like the UK) do a good job of testing for and accurately recording cause of death, others do not.

a). But neither you, nor I, know how we compare relative to other countries on that measure yet, and we won't for some time. So you going on about it is no different from those going on about b).

Given the figures that have come out from Italy in December and January it seems reasonable to expect more than 3 deaths per 100k in the eight weeks they have missing from the data.
    (i) "I disagree with the table showing we are 4th worst in the world on covid outcome. There are other ways of comparing that I think give a fairer result."

(ii) "4th in the world is not true. There is no semblance of truth to it whatsoever."

Language is all there is on an internet forum and you are abusing it here. It's fine - you write what you want - but so will I.

There is categorically no semblance of truth to the Worldometers figures. Just because someone compiles dodgy data does not give it a semblance of truth.

When Italy are recording two excess deaths for every one Covid death there is no good faith reason at all to be using the Worldometers data when accurate alternatives are out there.

It is like a few days ago when Leon claimed that France had a 25% death toll from Covid19 because that is what Worldometers gives as the closed case death rate.

Anybody still using Worldometers as their primary source and trying to make political claims based on that is either malicious or ignorant.

Worldometers table is not "unfair" or "disagreeable" it is wrong and using wrong data leads to wrong outcomes. Garbage in, garbage out.
    It isn't hyperbolic.

You either believe in using data with integrity, or you do not. If you know data is completely fallacious - like Worldometers claiming 25% of French covid patients die, or that the UK has the 4th highest death toll per capita - then you need to sort that out and get accurate data.
    Point of order, Worldometer doesn't claim that 25% of French patients die.

It does however erroneously record as 'Recovered' only those who recovered after being hospitalised.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Not surprising you never made it to a PB meet before, you only joined in December.
    Never made it to one either and frankly scared kinablu might summon me to the carpark for fisticuffs
    Now that would make it an evening.
    PB boxing in Cyclefree Jnr's car park.
    Summat to bet on too!
    Meeks Thompson would obviously top the bill.
    Any other good matches?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Are there any caravan sites nearby?
  • Options
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

I agree with all you say there, especially on Think Tank. It is. I feel bad on Graham Coxon for saying it, but I love that album.

Parklife was part of something massive though, and a pretty good album as well. I spent all day in the rain at Mile End Stadium waiting for blur to play, and ended up going back to Romford instead. I also fell asleep at my girlfriends and missed Oasis famous gig at Earls Court. Oh well

I saw Albarn headlining at Latitude festival one year. It really was dreary, but fortunately there was some weird Norwegian Electro on the other stage. Maybe he wasn't so bad with Blur.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

FPT

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

It isn't hyperbolic.

I always had my suspicions about Worldometers. Turns out it's owned by the Chinese. Which got me thinking - what if Covid wad created by the Chinese in order to have a really, really popular website which would sell dodgy Chinese brands to morbid western readers?

I don't really believe this of course. Worldometers gives sources for all is info and its not the fault of the site thst accuracy and definitions vary so wildly across the world.
    Though it is true that it's owned by the Chinese. And it is true that it advertises products which look, well, not-right. (Indeed it was this which led me to look up where it came from.)
    Fascinating.

Bits of it seemed hastily put together 9 months ago, but they're still there today as a hastily put together relic resulting in nonsense like claiming 25% of those who get the virus in France die from it.

The primary problem it has though is the age old IT issue of GIGO.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?
    OldKingCole vs BigG, the battle 75 years in the making.

HYUFD vs allcomers - no matter how many hits he takes he won't go down
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Are there any caravan sites nearby?
    I am sure if it goes off we can dm cyclefree and she can point us at places to stay
  • Options
    Every other night or so, for the last month, someone or other has had a little firework setting off session in their garden (different places each time). In February.

Is this just something totally weird about my part of the world?
  • Options
    Have been wondering if it is worth betting on the Greens for Holyrood 21? If we assume disgruntled indie supporters are never going to vote for the unionist parties, then their options seem to be the Greens or stay at home
  • Options

The only 2 things to have united both sides of the SNP schism today is Cole-Hamilton being an absolute twat and Smith being useless.
    We knew that already. Now PBers everywhere know as well!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

I saw Albarn headlining at Latitude festival one year. It really was dreary, but fortunately there was some weird Norwegian Electro on the other stage. Maybe he wasn't so bad with Blur.
    I find most big places dreary to be honest and avoid them, the exception being the glasgow summer sessions where you can almost always get in close
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

Agreed. I thought Be Here Now was lazy, and too long.

I mean, the nearly 8-minute long track "D'yknow what I mean?", really?

But, the Verve, Pulp, Oasis, Blur and Massive Attack all in their prime?

Superb music.

Do they make anything like that these days, or is it all Rag'n'Bone man and failed Craig David reboots?
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

FPT

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

It isn't hyperbolic.

Point of order, Worldometer doesn't claim that 25% of French patients die.

It does however erroneously record as 'Recovered' only those who recovered after being hospitalised.
    In my hospital the recovered discharged are a little more than double covid deaths, so perhaps a little worse than the French figures, though they may admit a different case mix.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?

Don't challenge @Leon.
    I've heard he has the strength of several men.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

Having searched out some of these bands now I am quite glad I abdured radio
    Wasn't Oasis's five nights at Knebworth (or however many it was) the worst gig/rip off of all time?

Or is that Radiohead?
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,999
    There are some amusing people I'd like to meet but I'd rather be shot in the fucking face than spend a night in the pub with any of the pb tories.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?
    Malc v HYUFD?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited February 2021
    Foxy said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Blur v Oasis

He’s quite a long way up his own arse, but has written some good songs, including one called ‘Good Song’!

I like their slower songs, the rockier ones don’t cut it, they’re too nerdy
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    Dura_Ace said:

There are some amusing people I'd like to meet but I'd rather be shot in the fucking face than spend a night in the pub with any of the pb tories.

Not sure they'd feel safe with you in the area with your vehicle in any case.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blur v Oasis

First time I've been jealous of a PB music anecdote.. Pops Staples!! That's so cool.. Would love to hear the story!
    I met Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys once.

He talks exactly the same way as how he sings and also looks identical to Alastair Meeks.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?

Don't challenge @Leon.
    I think you misread wasnt it the strength of several semen
  • Options
    I like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones
  • Options
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?

SeanT as allcomers.

No matter how many time he's knocked another appears like the Agent Smiths in the Matrix Reloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GGwgI2vGU
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Why not come along and we can make sure you're able to indulge in both those passions?
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

I doubt all will be pb tories, I might turn up for example so it won't be all lefties like pb tories and the further left
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Have you arranged for the queue?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?

Don't challenge @Leon.
    What about some pub games? Skittles, Aunt Sally, Flint Knapping?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?
    Malc v HYUFD?
    The insults at the weigh-in would certainly be something to witness.
  • Options

I like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones

You do realise music didn't end when the 70's did?
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Sometimes people in the flesh surprise. I became quite fond of @Roger after meeting him at a PB drinks, and @Tissue_Price was alright too. It was a good evening.
  • Options

Every other night or so, for the last month, someone or other has had a little firework setting off session in their garden (different places each time). In February.

Is this just something totally weird about my part of the world?

Yes
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Summat to bet on too!
    Any other good matches?
    Malc v HYUFD?
    The insults at the weigh-in would certainly be something to witness.
    Turnip stew as an alternative meal instead of hawaiian pizza?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Dura_Ace said:

Sometimes people in the flesh surprise. I became quite fond of @Roger after meeting him at a PB drinks, and @Tissue_Price was alright too. It was a good evening.
    Very true and on message boards people are a lot more blunt and rude than they are even in direct messages or real life. Message boards bring out the "don't suffer fools gladly" syndrome in all of us and yes I plead guilty too
This discussion has been closed.