Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The ComRes “East of England” poll that isn’t quite what the

Comments

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    LDs are 11/8 in B'ham Yardley with Ladbrokes.
  • Options
    I'm sure I've just spent a couple of hours in the company of Tapestry!
    I've had to listen all about the Greada Treaty, and the 1979 Dulce secret base alien shootout.
    He wants to stand for our local parish council, and he has similar ideas about the direction our village plan should be taking as me, and wants to break up the parish council clique.
    I had toyed with the idea of helping him, he's a good bloke, retired engineer, and a really impressive self taught computer geek. I'm not sure I want to get involved now, though. He loves conspiracy theories, and he told me he emails our local MP most days asking her to explain the government's position, or knowledge of various plots.
    I'm scared I'm gonna be on some government list now!
  • Options
    Pavilion is too close to call according to Ladbrokes: Greens and Lab are both evens.
  • Options
    SNP are 6/1 in Caithness. Sounds like a worthwhile bet.
  • Options
    Tories are 2/1 in Carshalton & Wallington.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Neil said:

AndyJS said:

Looking at Ladbrokes constituency betting, I notice the Tories are 6/1 in Bath. That might be worth a bet, especially with Don Foster standing down. I would have set the odds at 4 or 5/1.

The Tories arent fielding a particularly great candidate in Bath. I would expect the LDs to hold on but, yeah, 6/1 seems very long.

Bath will go to the SNP. It's a GOTV thing.
    :)
  • Options
    Tories are 4/1 in Corby.
  • Options
    UKIP are 4/1 in Eastleigh.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,164
    Off-topic:

"The leader of Britain's biggest trade union has warned Ed Miliband Unite could break its links with Labour if the party loses the next election."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26832994
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,824

Neil said:

AndyJS said:

Looking at Ladbrokes constituency betting, I notice the Tories are 6/1 in Bath. That might be worth a bet, especially with Don Foster standing down. I would have set the odds at 4 or 5/1.

The Tories arent fielding a particularly great candidate in Bath. I would expect the LDs to hold on but, yeah, 6/1 seems very long.

Bath will go to the SNP. It's a GOTV thing.
    Which "no one else understands....."

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,824
    Funnily enough, the SNP did not cover the Telegraph Salmond Pound Coin April Fool......perhaps they thought it was serious....

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2014/apr/no-campaign-claims-being-used-april-fools
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

Funnily enough, the SNP did not cover the Telegraph Salmond Pound Coin April Fool......perhaps they thought it was serious....

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2014/apr/no-campaign-claims-being-used-april-fools

Gosh, the humourlessness seems to penetrate quite high into the campaign.
  • Options
    SNP 5/1 in NE Fife with Ming retiring.
  • Options
    UKIP 10/1 - Great Grimsby.
  • Options
    Inverness: SNP 4/1.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Off Topic . A pair of White Storks are building a nest on a chimney near Great Yarmouth . It will be the first record of breeding in the UK since 1418 .
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

Off Topic . A pair of White Storks are building a nest on a chimney near Great Yarmouth . It will be the first record of breeding in the UK since 1418 .

Heralds of UKIPs 2015 triumph in the arsehole of Norfolk!
    How awesome though!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

When you have a house in Hungary, getting excited about breeding storks seems quaint.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sheffield Hallam: Lab 5/1.

Solihull: LDs 2/1.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    antifrank said:

When you have a house in Hungary, getting excited about breeding storks seems quaint.
    East European immigrants. No wonder it's UKIP territory.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AndyJS said:

Good price for the LDs in Solihull, ultra marginal but trending away from Tory and Lib Dems awfully sticky there
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,736

Another interesting series of posts on http://election-data.blogspot.co.uk

In particular there is the suggestion that UKIP could do very well in rural Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire. I do not recall this area before suggested as an area of strength.

Its probably due to David Kendrick's (an occasional poster on here) impact!

Comparing that to GE Constituencies, it suggests that Huntingdon, S Cambs, SE Cambs and NW Cambs could all be worth a tip for UKIP if the odds are long enough.
  • Options
    St Austell & Newquay:

Con 1/2
    LD 6/4
    UKIP 50/1
    Lab 100/1
    MK 250/1
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,023
    AndyJS said:

Do you think Labour are THE bet in Hallam ?
    Backing Clegg there myself.

But against Danny in Inverness.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited April 2014
    Neil said:

AndyJS said:

For which party is Dominic Tristram standing?

Ben Howlett looks a bit better than a weak candidate.

He won a primary (albeit only 150 Member voters), got elected as Chairman of Conservative Future (2010-13); ran the successful campaign to unseat the Lib Dem Leader of Kingston Council; and was the only CF Chairman to be selected as a platform speaker at the Tory conference. Not massive achievements but equally not the C.V. of a loser.

Looks like the Tories have selected a Lib Dem type campaigner.

Obviously one would prefer a High Tory in the seat of William Pitt the Elder, but Howlett might just be able to pull off a surprise victory.

• Options
    Dominic Tristram is the Green candidate in Bath.

Julian Deverell is standing for UKIP.

Interesting names.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916

Off-topic:

"The leader of Britain's biggest trade union has warned Ed Miliband Unite could break its links with Labour if the party loses the next election."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26832994

"Len McCluskey told reporters he could see the union voting to disaffiliate from a defeated Labour if it ceased to be the voice of working people.

He said he feared for the future of the Labour Party and said he agreed with those who said the party had no "God given" right to exist.

The party was at a crossroads, he said.

He told a press gallery lunch at Westminster that Labour leader Ed Miliband had not yet presented a "coherent vision" to the electorate and if it were "a pale shadow of austerity", then he believed Labour would be defeated in 2015......

He also said there was a danger of Labour taking UKIP for granted.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

Do you think Labour are THE bet in Hallam ?
    Backing Clegg there myself.

But against Danny in Inverness.
    It's not that wonderful, but I might put a small amount on Labour in Hallam.
  • Options
    Don Foster is the only non-Conservative MP for Bath since 1924 so who knows what might happen with him retiring.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    AveryLP said:

Well, obviously you would think that.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2014
    AveryLP said:

Obviously one would prefer a High Tory in the seat of William Pitt the Elder, but Howlett might just be able to pull off a surprise victory.

It's a hell of a big majority to overturn, and the LibDems have been dug in in Bath for years. Stranger things have happened, but 6/1 doesn't look like value to me, despite Don Foster retiring.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Well, obviously you would think that.
    I'm totally colour blind when it comes to assessing candidates, Neil.

Peregrine Sacheverell Dominic de Fane Tristram did catch my eye though.

• Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,736

AveryLP said:

It's a hell of a big majority to overturn, and the LibDems have been dug in in Bath for years. Stranger things have happened, but 6/1 doesn't look like value to me, despite Don Foster retiring.
    The fact that we are discussing it back and forth suggests that yet again, Shadsy has probably got his pricing about right!
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,105
    Lennon said:

In particular there is the suggestion that UKIP could do very well in rural Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire. I do not recall this area before suggested as an area of strength.

Comparing that to GE Constituencies, it suggests that Huntingdon, S Cambs, SE Cambs and NW Cambs could all be worth a tip for UKIP if the odds are long enough.
    Huntingdon? Are you serious? Would require not only a collapse in the Tory vote but a pick up from Lab/LD's.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The poll that's not a poll and results from by elections like Sunderland do tend to show UKIP is anti establishment in the main, it's where the protest is going. If that trend plays out in a GE, who can tell the effect on marginal seats? Who has more anti establishment feeling? It's the Cleggasm that never reached climax reinvigorated.
    I mean does it play out with Labour regaining Northampton North but losing Exeter for example?
    If the Con Lab share is close, I think this might be an almost ridiculous election. Not to be too much of a cliche, but if UKIP get 10%, throw out the rule book.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

AveryLP said:

Richard

I know Bath reasonably well having once lived in the City.

It is naturally Tory even though it is stuffed full of coffee bars smelling of petunia oil and smoked muesli.

In the circumstances I think one of the gold medal winning skeleton athletes - Lizzy Yarnold would be my choice - would have been the way to go as it would draw in the ever burgeoning university vote.

Still, a number of my City friends have 'retired' to take the Spa waters and I have never thought them to vote other than blue.

• Options
    Anyone know who runs the election-data blog? Excellent site.
  • Options

Lennon said:

Huntingdon? Are you serious? Would require not only a collapse in the Tory vote but a pick up from Lab/LD's.
    Johnny Major would never allow his seat to go purple.
    Needs a 22%swing to UKIP. No.
  • Options
    Watford:

Lab 4/5
    Con 9/4
    LD 5/2
  • Options
    Don Foster apparently got a huge boost from tactical voting from Labour supporters in 2010, as compared with 1997, 2001 and 2005. He presumably also had an incumbency bonus.

6/1 on the Conservatives looks just about exactly right to me.
  • Options
    Wells:

Con 1/3
    LD 2/1
    UKIP 50/1
    Lab 100/1
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,033
    @edmundintokyo. FPT

Are UKIP always underestimated? What are the polls vs elections we're looking at specifically?
    Flag Quote · Off Topic

Every Ashcroft by election poll since 2011 I think
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Don Foster apparently got a huge boost from tactical voting from Labour supporters in 2010, as compared with 1997, 2001 and 2005. He presumably also had an incumbency bonus.

Council split 29-29 on councillors in 2011, with 2% vote share lead for the blues.

I would need to defer to M. Senior on matters such as ward constituency overlap (the Council includes NE Zumerzet) and voting trends.

I believe there is an upcoming council by-election too (tomorrow?) and the May councils, so worth keeping an eye on the results.

In the GE it appears Labour are doing their best for the Lib Dems by fielding a candidate who is hardly out of his nappies.

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    GIGO.

Am surprised that a subset with such a small sample was even considered to be reliable. Coming soon why Moyes is the greatest United manager since Sir Alex - from sample of 58 residents of Manchester.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Balls, Ed Balls.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

Richard

It is naturally Tory even though it is stuffed full of coffee bars smelling of petunia oil and smoked muesli.

In the circumstances I think one of the gold medal winning skeleton athletes - Lizzy Yarnold would be my choice - would have been the way to go as it would draw in the ever burgeoning university vote.

Still, a number of my City friends have 'retired' to take the Spa waters and I have never thought them to vote other than blue.

One of these 'naturally Tory' seats that are full of well to do lefties eh? You'll be telling us that Primrose Hill is 'naturally Tory' next...
  • Options
    An important vote is taking place in September this year.

The Swedish general election:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_general_election,_2014#
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

antifrank said:

Council split 29-29 on councillors in 2011, with 2% vote share lead for the blues.

I would need to defer to M. Senior on matters such as ward constituency overlap (the Council includes NE Zumerzet) and voting trends.

I believe there is an upcoming council by-election too (tomorrow?) and the May councils, so worth keeping an eye on the results.

In the GE it appears Labour are doing their best for the Lib Dems by fielding a candidate who is hardly out of his nappies.

There are 16 wards making up Bath Parliamentary seat . In 2011 Lib Dems won 12 Conservatives 3 and 1 was split 1 councillor each . Votes were roughly Lib Dems 14,000 Conservatives 9,400
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Jokes are not permitted at the expense of the great leader..
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    On topic, it's a reminder that the general media aren't particularly versed in opinion polls. We've had a few excited posts here about subsamples, but it's really bonkers when a BBC region does it.

One of the various excuses that I produce about losing in 2010 is that the Nottingham Post did a survey of a few dozen shoppers in the city centre, and extrapolated it to show what was happening in the surrounding seats. There were something like 35 shoppers from Broxtowe, and they happened to split 13/11/10 for Con/LibDem/Lab. So the Post duly reported that the LibDems were the closest to beating the Tories, and of course the LibDems frenziedly put it around (I would have done too), persuading lots of people and getting 17% of the vote. It seems quite funny now but it was annoying at the time.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    TGOHF said:

It's only a matter of time before all Scotsmen are required to have the same hairstyle as the chosen one.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

Richard

One of these 'naturally Tory' seats that are full of well to do lefties eh? You'll be telling us that Primrose Hill is 'naturally Tory' next...
    Bobafett

I have never lived in Primrose Hill, though I have watched a Guy Fawkes Night fireworks display from its banks.

I also had a boss who lived in Primrose Hill.

Both were naturally blue.

Can't tell from the coffee bar smells though.

Carwardines of Bath used to roast their coffee beans just inside their front door so I can attest to this coffee shop (probably alone in Bath) being High Tory.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    TGOHF said:

Craven images of The Prophet are a sin...
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

It's only a matter of time before all Scotsmen are required to have the same hairstyle as the chosen one.

And everyone will be issued tartan trews at taxpayer expense
  • Options
    @Nick

Remember the mere whisper of erm, shall we say, Caledonian Internals did Stuart Dickson naw good at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

AveryLP said:

antifrank said:

There are 16 wards making up Bath Parliamentary seat . In 2011 Lib Dems won 12 Conservatives 3 and 1 was split 1 councillor each . Votes were roughly Lib Dems 14,000 Conservatives 9,400
    My thanks Mark.

So a City bias to yellow. Must be in the stone.

Still a Tory win is not impossible from your numbers.

Maybe 11/2?

• Options

AveryLP said:

antifrank said:

If Labour have any sense in this seat Mark they'll accidentally on purpose boosterise the Liberals.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Are we expecting a baby boom in Norfolk shortly ?!?

• Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Here's an outstanding, cited post from a message board about all the stuff the NSA and GCHQ can do, that's come out in the leaks so far:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/21x7lf/new_leaks_show_nsa_gchq_infiltrating_private/cghcat3

I don't really want to live in a society where the government can freely monitor what I'm doing from my smart phone and my internet browsing, when I've committed no crime and am not connected to any particular investigation.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Hungary's general election is this weekend. Anyone wanting to follow developments could do worse than look at http://www.politics.hu/

From this site I discovered:

"There have been a few reports of criminal acts related to the election, such as Saturday’s attack of a candidate of the left-of-centre alliance and her companions in Csokako, east of Budapest, and a knife attack in Budapest’s Bosnyak Square, police acted swiftly and effectively in these cases, Pinter said. In the latter case, the attacker had consumed six litres of wine prior to the incident, he added."

You have to be impressed that anyone who had consumed six litres of wine could see straight enough even to see a knife.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Be careful, Jack.

One of the storks has sex fungus.

• Options
    AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

antifrank said:

My thanks Mark.

Maybe 11/2?

If you like wishful thinking . You may note that the 2011 results were the best ever for the Lib Dems in these wards . The previous election in 2007 had Lib Dems 11 Con 4 and 1 ward split . The Conservatives have been going backwards since 2003 .
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Titters ....

I wonder if OGH will apply for Scots nationality ....

• Options
    AveryLP said:

JackW said:

Be careful, Jack.

One of the storks has sex fungus.

I just knew mushrooms were bad for you ....

• Options
    edited April 2014

AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

antifrank said:

My thanks Mark.

Maybe 11/2?

If you like wishful thinking . You may note that the 2011 results were the best ever for the Lib Dems in these wards . The previous election in 2007 had Lib Dems 11 Con 4 and 1 ward split . The Conservatives have been going backwards since 2003 .
    Watch the bounce, Mark, watch the bounce.

Bath is one of the few cities where an hirsute councillor doesn't indicate party affiliation.

That is why I am predicting a close shave.

• Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Socrates said:

Here's an outstanding, cited post from a message board about all the stuff the NSA and GCHQ can do, that's come out in the leaks so far:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/21x7lf/new_leaks_show_nsa_gchq_infiltrating_private/cghcat3

I don't really want to live in a society where the government can freely monitor what I'm doing from my smart phone and my internet browsing, when I've committed no crime and am not connected to any particular investigation.

A police officer can arrest you at will, but doesn't. Why? Because there is legislation in place to reign him in, because something can be done, doesn't mean it is.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Baxter gives the Tories a >70% chance of winning Solihull and the LibDems a <15% chance of retaining it.
    On that basis, those odds of 2/1 look a bit skinny to me.

• Options
    saddened said:

Socrates said:

A police officer can arrest you at will, but doesn't. Why? Because there is legislation in place to reign him in, because something can be done, doesn't mean it is.
    People always use pure analogies when they can not justify the actual facts of a situation. What reigning in is there of GCHQ and the NSA?

Did it stop them collecting millions of webcam images of innocent people?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo

Did it stop them tracking the locations of billions of innocent people?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nsa-collects-data-revealing-location-of-five-billion-mobile-phones-every-day-8983957.html

Did it stop them from taking in millions of phone records, and large scale mapping of social groups?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/nsa-examines-social-networks-of-us-citizens.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&amp;

Did it stop them from raiding the home of whistle blowers and forcing them to close down their business?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/us/leaks-inquiries-show-how-wide-a-net-is-cast.html?_r=0

The apologism of some people to our powerful overseers is a joke. The term "English liberty" meant something once. But whether it's Tony Blair or David Cameron, they're all the same authoritarian big brother types.
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    Nice to see Tireless is off to locate MH370: Her passive set is very good I believe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26845118

Shame that we cannae af'urd as many subs as "Wee-Eck": Just think what those New troose; hotel-suites; nae. ez a wrong-un, ah Astute submarines will bring when Scotland fecks-off and gets a self-defence force.

Och-aye: Wanna' wait a' mo'....
  • Options
    And for those who don't believe the David Cameron is complicit in the surveillance state, let's just remember what he has said about those that believe government spying on our personal communication, with no individual cause or warrants is an abuse:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/25/david-cameron-angela-merkel_n_4162948.html

"Airy-fairy", "la-de-da", "helping our enemies". The same bullsh*t lines that are used by autocratic governments all over the world. He was never a liberal conservative, as he once claimed. He's a lying #### that said whatever would get him to the top of government, and then gives carte blanche for the surveillance state to monitor every aspect of innocent civilians' lives.
  • Options
    Been playing the 'most likely con gain from Labour in 2015 game'
    With Denham going, I'm going for Southampton Itchen. Anyone got a better shot?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,177
    Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

Craven images of The Prophet are a sin...
    Statler and Waldorf performing today I see
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

The wikipedia article is a bit odd, and not just the stilted wording. It suggests that the Greens could switch sides and join the centre-right alliance. That's so far as I know entirely out of the question. The poll overview unhelpfully shows the gap between the largest parties rather than the two alliances. The centre-left have a steady 10-point lead over the centre-right, though that's fractionally smaller than it has been in the past. The Sweden Democrats (far right) get 9%ish, so a potential centre-left majority may not be as big as it looks, but they should still win.

• Options

Nice to see Tireless is off to locate MH370: Her passive set is very good I believe.

Shame that we cannae af'urd as many subs as "Wee-Eck": Just think what those New troose; hotel-suites; nae. ez a wrong-un, ah Astute submarines will bring when Scotland fecks-off and gets a self-defence force.

Och-aye: Wanna' wait a' mo'....</blockquote

You can stick your toys where the sun shines , we are not so insecure we need to have big guns to make us hard men.

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,184
    I think Solihull is a toss up (50/50), so the libs are probably value. I also think Clegg is safe in Hallam
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Watching the Farage Channel 4 programme on iPad.

First thing that happens is Yasmin Alibhai-Brown pipes up with "He's not handsome, he's not sexy, he's not charismatic what's the appeal?"

Silly woman.

Politics is about ideas not bone structure.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/nigel-farage-who-are-you/4od
  • Options

Hampstead and Kilburn is also worth a shout.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Yes, no Glenda. Feels less likely somehow. London does it's own thing, I try and keep out of it!
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Yes, no Glenda. Feels less likely somehow. London does it's own thing, I try and keep out of it!
    There will be minimal leakage to UKIP, and the area continues to swap socialists for hedge fund managers...
  • Options
    I may look at it nearer the time then. 4/1 on Soton, value.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Also: the LibDem's proposed "two bedroom apartment" tax has gone down very badly, which probably helps the Cons.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Your idol is so insecure, that he spent £20,000 of taxpayers money in an attempt to keep non existent advice secret.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Well these are the Tory targets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0At91c3wX1Wu5dEk1TlVqMHhNUXFBWlhSNU1hd0FYSHc#gid=0

Someone on here yesterday was talking up Tory prospects in Derby North but I don't see it myself. Nick may have an opinion since the seat isn't far from Broxtowe.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I've seen the target list, I'm trying to sort into a likelihood list

Likewise defences
  • Options
    Well I've backed Man U to win tonight, and Robben and Rooney to score first.
  • Options
    What about Ed Balls seat?
  • Options

An interesting accumulator...
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Your idol is so insecure, that he spent £20,000 of taxpayers money in an attempt to keep non existent advice secret.

You were much better as T*M
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Depends if there's an anti establishment sweep by UKIP, cleaning out the BNP and disaffected from last time. He ought to hold it, the Tories did well to get within 1100
  • Options
    That being said, the area is slowly Toryfying. 2020 maybe
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,363

malcolmg said:

What does that make Dish Face and his merry men, 13 times as insecure?

'Eight Government departments have spent a total of £274,481.16 so far on legal fees trying to prevent the release of Charles's letters, Attorney General Dominic Grieve has disclosed.'

http://tinyurl.com/p96y784

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

An interesting accumulator...
    That should be either Robben or Rooney to score first.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Someone on here yesterday was talking up Tory prospects in Derby North but I don't see it myself. Nick may have an opinion since the seat isn't far from Broxtowe.

Williamson is hugely popular among animal welfare people but I don't know much about the seat or the issues mac referred to. In general I'd have thought the Tories will have difficulty in city seats but I don't know the position in Derby.

Another way of looking at it is to judge whether the Tories are actually making an effort, beyond direct mails and phone canvassing, which are useful but not enough on their own. Has anyone living in any of the target seats actually encountered Tory leaflets and canvassers recently?

• Options

rcs1000 said:

Depends if there's an anti establishment sweep by UKIP, cleaning out the BNP and disaffected from last time. He ought to hold it, the Tories did well to get within 1100
    Interesting choice by the Tories there: Andrea Jenkyns is a singer/songwriter.

http://www.andreajenkyns.co.uk/news/first-column-wakefield-express
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,021

malcolmg said:

'Eight Government departments have spent a total of £274,481.16 so far on legal fees trying to prevent the release of Charles's letters, Attorney General Dominic Grieve has disclosed.'

Last time I checked, Charles' letters existed.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,669
    edited April 2014

AndyJS said:

Williamson is hugely popular among animal welfare people but I don't know much about the seat or the issues mac referred to. In general I'd have thought the Tories will have difficulty in city seats but I don't know the position in Derby.

Another way of looking at it is to judge whether the Tories are actually making an effort, beyond direct mails and phone canvassing, which are useful but not enough on their own. Has anyone living in any of the target seats actually encountered Tory leaflets and canvassers recently?

I can confirm that the Socialist Workers Party were campaigning in Manchester Central two Saturdays ago.

Edit: Outside the Arndale, wanting to put the ConDems on the dole
  • Options

malcolmg said:

TUD, it is hardly worth replying to the crap these fannies post. They are always pathetic and can be shown to be peddling crap too easily.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

I don't consider any of them to be idols.

Unlike the Nats and Eck.

I'm surprised that there haven't been mass demonstrations against The Times for publishing cartoons mocking The Chosen One.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,021
    malcolmg said:

TUD, it is hardly worth replying to the crap these fannies post. They are always pathetic and can be shown to be peddling crap too easily.

I thought the fact that the legal advice didn't exist was a well-established fact...!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,019
    Good evening, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.