Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The ComRes “East of England” poll that isn’t quite what the

SystemSystem Posts: 11,746
edited April 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The ComRes “East of England” poll that isn’t quite what the BBC reported it to be

There’s been a huge fuss over the past couple of hours over a ComRes a EP2014 “poll” that has UKIP on 44% in their area of greatest strength, East of England. The above is a screenshot showing the data was portrayed in the “Look East” programme.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First!!
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,483
    edited April 2014
    I can forgive the BBC showing a sub sample even if less than hundred participants but the fact that voting intentions add up to an overround Ladbrokes would be proud of means somebody should be sacked .What a load of rubbish for a state broadcaster
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

PoliticsHome @politicshome

Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi, speaking after talks with David Cameron at No 10: "We want a better Europe, not more Europe

Sounds good for Cameron this.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    This seems to breach the BBC's editorial guidelines on the reporting of opinion polls on multiple counts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/editorialguidelines/page/guidelines-politics-practices-opinion/

"We should not headline the results of an opinion poll unless it has prompted a story which itself deserves a headline and reference to the poll's findings is necessary to make sense of it"

"We should not use language which gives greater credibility to the polls than they deserve."

"If we have doubts about the methodology or the bona fides of those carrying out the poll, for example companies which are new or based abroad, we should either reflect that scepticism appropriately in the way we report the results, or we should consider whether the data is sufficiently credible for inclusion in BBC output."

"Where the results of an opinion poll appear out of line with expectations, or suggest something new or distinctive, we should take particular care to ensure that it does not receive undue weight in the absence of a reliable trend."
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Antony Wells said the 112% is a result of getting the LD share wrong: it ought to be 7%.

The East of England is definitely one of the heartlands of the blue-at-Westminster-purple-in-Europe group, though.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    @Antifrank FPT

Think it was actually Twirl - a more wieldy form of Flake perhaps?
  • Options
    The BBC should be ashamed of themselves. Contributing to the innumeracy of the nation.
    I hope @MikeSmithson will be writing in.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753

Plus of course Cam's main opponents France are all over the shop after the recent elections.
  • Options
    Subsamples debate?
    Paging Stuart Dickson ;-)
  • Options
    Worst April Fool ever?

Then I found a clip of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gon7gNqYU4&feature=youtu.be&a

The other flaw is that the Sub-sample doesn't tie in with in the BBC region!
  • Options
    Awww bless, UKIP think it is a proper poll.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,162

Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi, speaking after talks with David Cameron at No 10: "We want a better Europe, not more Europe

The hitch is when you get down to what you each mean by "better"...
  • Options
    Honestly, whoever at the BBC produced this, deserved to be publicly horsewhipped then locked in a disused fridge with Peter Andre, then write a 20,000 word dissertation on the merits of AV over FPTP.
  • Options
    So Dave seems to have got Germany, Netherlands and Italy on board with his 'less EU / two speed EU' agitation. France, unsurprisingly, not.

This one could be interesting to watch as it develops. I'm utterly skeptical that anything good or useful will come from it - but more power to his elbow.
  • Options

Getting the Italian PM to say 'not more Europe' just sounds like Cameron ;-)

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,059
    Hmm. Not a tip (too early for me to tip it), but Rosberg at 3.25 with Ladbrokes to get pole is worthy of consideration. He beat Hamilton in qualifying at the circuit last year.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,484
    edited April 2014
    Union stays out fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union - ed (no, not that one)).

Kevin Maguire ‏@Kevin_Maguire 5 mins
    Len McCluskey admits Unite not opposing Scottish independence because it would split his union
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Not really. That's what negotiations are for.

We want less EU interference. They want more German money. You can see the outline of a deal here...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,972
    edited April 2014

Union stays out fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union -ed).

Len McCluskey admits Unite not opposing Scottish independence because it would split his union

After all the effort Unite put into Falkirk I'm not sure if that's a bad thing for Better Together.
  • Options

We want less EU interference. They want more German money. You can see the outline of a deal here...
    Are there any deep water harbours in Italy capable of hosting a nuclear submarine or two? Sadly not, I suspect.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Union stays out of fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union - ed).

After all the effort Unite put into Falkirk I'm not sure if that's a bad thing for Better Together.
    Maybe.
    Another indication of a dearth of enthusiasm amongst Labour foot soldiers though.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Are there any deep water harbours in Italy capable of hosting a nuclear submarine or two? Sadly not, I suspect.
    I think Italy has a couple. Cagliari and Gioia Tauro,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Panamax_ports#Europe
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's quite amusing to see that Unite is split.

For that matter, I wonder if Unison are all singing off the same hymn sheet?
  • Options
    France, unsurprisingly, not.

But France is in full retreat domestically. The Government must be shaken to the core by recent election results. And if a Miliband praised France is seen as the main barrier to a deal, that could play well for Dave even if he can't get much done.
  • Options

Union stays out of fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union -ed).

Maybe.
    Another indication of a dearth of enthusiasm amongst Labour foot soldiers though.
    Who needs footsoldiers when you have nuclear subs like Cameron, Carmichael, Darling etc who can do more 'damage' than 100,000 footsoldiers.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,059
    Of course, enormo-haddock are capable of deployment not only in shallow and deep waters, but even on land.
  • Options

Union stays out of fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union -ed).

Maybe.
    Who needs footsoldiers when you have nuclear subs like Cameron, Carmichael, Darling etc who can do more 'damage' than 100,000 footsoldiers.
    Aye, but when are they going to start damaging the enemy instead of themselves?

http://tinyurl.com/34lw4l4

• Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

Union stays out fight for Union because it would destroy union (That's enough union - ed (no, not that one)).

What happened to PCS in the end? I remember a few people getting excited about whether they would back 'yes' after some big branches did but I never heard what they decided in the end.
  • Options
    They really shouldn't have published this on April the 1st

Volcanoes? Meteors? No, the worst mass extinction in history - The Great Dying - could have been caused by microbes having sex

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-great-dying-an-act-of-microbial-sex-led-to-worlds-biggest-mass-extinction-9226813.html
  • Options
    taffys said:

France, unsurprisingly, not.

But France is in full retreat domestically. The Government must be shaken to the core by recent election results. And if a Miliband praised France is seen as the main barrier to a deal, that could play well for Dave even if he can't get much done.

I rather think that President Hollande will have other rather pressing concerns in the lead up to April 2017, and that it will be his successor who has to agree any deal.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    edited April 2014
    The figures, for what they are worth, show a decline of 10 for the Tories and 7 for the Lib Dems (if 7 is the correct score) from 2009, up 4 Labour and up 3 Greens., up 24 UKIP, presumably also at the expense of BNP and 'others'
    Gt Yarmouth nailed on Kipper gain 2015!
    I'd take 7 or so off the Kipper score and give it 4, 2 and 1 to Con, Lib, Lab and you won't be far off 2014
  • Options
    @Union

Disunion in union over backing union because it may split union? This story is like peeling an onion
  • Options
    Neil said:

What happened to PCS in the end? I remember a few people getting excited about whether they would back 'yes' after some big branches did but I never heard what they decided in the end.
    They backed neutrality

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26291546

• Options
    @TSE

...and forces to read a PB thread on HFT. Wrong. Simply wrong.
  • Options
    Neil said:

They voted to stay neutral - 'In a branch vote18,025 members of the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) union backed staying neutral, while 5,075 voted for the Yes position. There were no votes for the No position'.

I believe a lot of the No-ers voted for neutrality to be on the safe side.

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,951
    BobaFett said:

Subsamples debate?
    Paging Stuart Dickson ;-)

That's "internals" to Dickson......

• Options
    @TSE

I'm surprised by that. Clearly the SSP (or is it the Solidarity faction, I cant remember) dont have as firm a grip on things up there as I gave them credit for.
  • Options
    @Richard

Do you think Unison might not be speaking in unison on the union?

Help!!!
  • Options

steve hawkes @steve_hawkes

PM David Cameron has just been asked by an Italian journalist- "pls tell us, what's the recipe for economic success?"

• Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    Uniformity from the union means speaking in unison, not unilaterally uniting in untying the union of the Union Unison. Aaaaagh
  • Options
    I'm going to be the best man at a gay wedding on May the 17th.

But there's one condition, I'm not allowed to go within 100 yards of the DJ.
  • Options
    If it helps untangling the tongue twisters I believe (after a quick google) there are more unions campaigning for 'no' than 'yes' but most seem to have decided not to take a position.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@TSE

I'm surprised by that. Clearly the SSP (or is it the Solidarity faction, I cant remember) dont have as firm a grip on things up there as I gave them credit for.

It's so confusing.
  • Options
    Neil said:

The 'Solidarity faction' is rather good too.
  • Options
    Mike Atheron in the Times says Peter Moores is the favourite to become the next England coach.

He's available at 4/1 with Ladbrokes

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/specials/2014-specials/next-permanent-england-head-coach
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Patrick said:

So Dave seems to have got Germany, Netherlands and Italy on board with his 'less EU / two speed EU' agitation. France, unsurprisingly, not.

This one could be interesting to watch as it develops. I'm utterly skeptical that anything good or useful will come from it - but more power to his elbow.

The Conservatives on here are laughably credulous sometimes. One line from an Italian minister stating the vaguely worded "We want a better Europe, not more Europe" is them "being on board"? Seriously? It's the same with Germany. They're happy to give nice platitudes to Britain but are completely against unwinding any element of European integration.
  • Options

Interesting speech challenge....difficult to take the p*ss out of the groom....???
  • Options
    @TSE

Is this the same Peter Moores who was derided by KP for being rubbish, resulting in their both being sacked?
  • Options

Neil said:

The 'Solidarity faction' is rather good too.
    One of the (many, many) gifts that Tommy Sheridan's trial(s) gave us.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,064
    Lib Dems on 21% in the East of England ?

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY !
  • Options
    taffys said:

Interesting speech challenge....difficult to take the p*ss out of the groom....???

I've got that bit sorted.

"James and Leigh are going to the Seychelles for their honeymoon, I've had a look at the weather forecast, and James you should be getting a 4inches every night"
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@TSE

Is this the same Peter Moores who was derided by KP for being rubbish, resulting in their both being sacked?

Yes, him.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    The poll is the usual bollox up from a slipping BBC.

However, Guido think that a reshuffle is in the offing, which is more interesting:

Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes 57m
    TORY WARS: Blues Should Read Their Bonaparte - “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake”: http://bit.ly/1gkDNBp
  • Options
    3 one liners for you to slip in @TSE

Man United

English cricket

Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    My other half has refused to get married because we had a civil partnership and so he "can't see the point" (expletives deleted). Which is a relief, because last time the ceremony was substantially paid from my 2010 election winnings, and I don't need that kind of pressure on me to perform as well in 2015.

We didn't have a best man. Neither of us was going to take the risk of being embarrassed.
  • Options
    Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: media should be "controlled" to stop Farage

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/yasmin-alibhai-brown-media-should-be.html
  • Options
    I've got that bit sorted.

And its going to be unseasonably windy, blowing pretty hard apparently.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

My other half has refused to get married because we had a civil partnership and so he "can't see the point" (expletives deleted). Which is a relief, because last time the ceremony was substantially paid from my 2010 election winnings, and I don't need that kind of pressure on me to perform as well in 2015.

We didn't have a best man. Neither of us was going to take the risk of being embarrassed.

Oh you should, I'm really excited about it.
  • Options
    Cleggover's past links with Putin is called to attention.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/04/01/Cleggs-private-partners-side-with-Putin-too

Pot calling kettle. But at least the kettle has steam.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,951
    More Red-on-Red

With Douglas Alexander in the firing line, cui bono?

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2014/04/01/douglas-alexander-in-the-firing-line-cui-bono/
  • Options

antifrank said:

I've got something better than a wedding to look forward to this summer. No, I'm not pregnant.
  • Options

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/yasmin-alibhai-brown-media-should-be.html

Well what can you expect from our, oh so freedom loving, Yasmin.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

I've got something better than a wedding to look forward to this summer. No, I'm not pregnant.
    Oh you tease!
  • Options
    MikeK said:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/04/01/Cleggs-private-partners-side-with-Putin-too

So clegg better keep Quiet on number of laws that come from Brussels and now putin ;-)
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Socrates said:

Patrick said:

The Conservatives on here are laughably credulous sometimes. One line from an Italian minister stating the vaguely worded "We want a better Europe, not more Europe" is them "being on board"? Seriously? It's the same with Germany. They're happy to give nice platitudes to Britain but are completely against unwinding any element of European integration.
    I thought the Germans were airing some views that were a perfect reflection of those some hold here about several EU matters, including the sacred cow of freedom of movement and work. In the medium term, contrary to the expectations of many, there will be controls, sanctions and or quotas, and not just in the (r?)UK. In an unequal world with improved social security in affluent countries and ever easier transport, there is no alternative to the abolition of the right to move anywhere and claim anywhere.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,341
    Seriously this must be one of the most disgraceful reports in the history of the BBC.

A child at Primary School should have realised immediately that the numbers could not possibly be right.

Everyone involved should be sacked, on the spot, for gross incompetence.

If they can get something so simple wrong, what else are they getting wrong?

It is a 100% credibility destroyer. No work done by the same people in the future can ever be trusted.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,730

MikeK said:

So clegg better keep Quiet on number of laws that come from Brussels and now putin ;-)
    A "Grand-Alliance" between UKIP and Russia against the EU?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

The World Cup?
  • Options
    Fact-checking the Clegg v Farage EU debate

http://openeuropeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/fact-checking-clegg-v-farage-eu-debate.html

If you look at the facts,farage was nearer the facts by this fact checking than 'look at the facts' clegg.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    philiph said:

Socrates said:

Patrick said:

I thought the Germans were airing some views that were a perfect reflection of those some hold here about several EU matters, including the sacred cow of freedom of movement and work. In the medium term, contrary to the expectations of many, there will be controls, sanctions and or quotas, and not just in the (r?)UK. In an unequal world with improved social security in affluent countries and ever easier transport, there is no alternative to the abolition of the right to move anywhere and claim anywhere.
    During the Cold War the Berlin Wall was a potent symbol of the superiority of the West. The Eastern Bloc was so bad that they had to build a wall to keep people in.

I think it is a very bad sign that not long after the fall of the Berlin Wall people are seeking to erect barriers to keep people out.
  • Options

antifrank said:

antifrank said:

The World Cup?
    I don't think Roy Hodgson is that desperate yet.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

antifrank said:

The World Cup?
    I don't think Roy Hodgson is that desperate yet.
    The Commonwealth Games?

:)
  • Options

philiph said:

Socrates said:

Patrick said:

During the Cold War the Berlin Wall was a potent symbol of the superiority of the West. The Eastern Bloc was so bad that they had to build a wall to keep people in.

Comrades! You should know full well that was naught but Western propaganda! The Wall was constructed to keep the Fascist Invader out :)
  • Options

Fact-checking the Clegg v Farage EU debate

http://openeuropeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/fact-checking-clegg-v-farage-eu-debate.html

If you look at the facts,farage was nearer the facts by this fact checking than 'look at the facts' clegg.

NICK CLEGG

Verdict: Technically true but highly misleading
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,275

I can forgive the BBC showing a sub sample even if less than hundred participants but the fact that voting intentions add up to an overround Ladbrokes would be proud of means somebody should be sacked .What a load of rubbish for a state broadcaster

Some people sympathise with you!

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/8974-bbc-scotland-referendum-output-set-to-be-monitored

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,642
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

Have they sorted out the ludicrous situation whereby civil-partnered couples need to get "divorced" (or divorced) before they can get married, thus forcing those that want to do this to lie about why they want to separate?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Have they sorted out the ludicrous situation whereby civil-partnered couples need to get "divorced" (or divorced) before they can get married, thus forcing those that want to do this to lie about why they want to separate?

The Secretary of State has the power, under s. 9 of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013, to make regulations allowing civil partners to covert their civil partnership into a marriage. The provision will enter into force on a date to be appointed by the Secretary of State.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

The Secretary of State has the power, under s. 9 of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013, to make regulations allowing civil partners to covert their civil partnership into a marriage. The provision will enter into force on a date to be appointed by the Secretary of State.
    Thx. Why wouldn't he have done this already?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

He's a she. More info here:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/28/maria-miller-couples-in-civil-partnerships-will-be-able-to-convert-them-to-marriages-by-the-end-of-the-year/

• Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited April 2014
    TOPPING said:

I imagine the Department and the Registrar General are pretty busy at the moment implementing the main provisions of the 2013 Act. I suspect the consequential provisions will be brought into force shortly.

Edit: I see RN has answered the point already.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

He's a she. More info here:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/28/maria-miller-couples-in-civil-partnerships-will-be-able-to-convert-them-to-marriages-by-the-end-of-the-year/

ah yes of course. Thanks. And I get them being busy @LIAMT but it does seem a ridiculous time to wait. How complicated can it be?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

And I get them being busy @LIAMT but it does seem a ridiculous time to wait. How complicated can it be?

You could always offer to sort out all the processes and difficulties for them? That would speed it up!
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,275
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

How odd (and poor people). The Scots don't seem to have a problem with a direct upgrade without reboot.

• Options
    Neil said:

TOPPING said:

And I get them being busy @LIAMT but it does seem a ridiculous time to wait. How complicated can it be?

You could always offer to sort out all the processes and difficulties for them? That would speed it up!
    Yes because we're at bare bones staffing levels in the civil service.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

ah yes of course. Thanks. And I get them being busy @LIAMT but it does seem a ridiculous time to wait. How complicated can it be?

Never underestimate the capacity of civil servants to make work for themselves.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    BobaFett said:

@Antifrank FPT

Think it was actually Twirl - a more wieldy form of Flake perhaps?

I didn't read the last thread in detail. But if this comment refers to what I think it does...

*mind bleach*
  • Options
    Man Utd are best-priced at 6/1 to defeat Bayern tonight with the draw available at 4/1. Combining these two possible outcomes, the German side can be laid at odds of approx 2/1.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2014
    The Greens have also been quoting these numbers to show they will take a seat off the LDs in the Eastern region - ie. the version with the LDs on 7%.
  • Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited April 2014
    Carnyx said:

How odd (and poor people). The Scots don't seem to have a problem with a direct upgrade without reboot.

Under the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977 (as to be amended by section 8 of the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Act 2014 from a date to be appointed) civil partners will be able to marry each other in Scotland. However, they will be required to marry in the same way as any other couple to a regular marriage pursuant to sections 3 to 7 of the 1977 Act. One advantage of the English and Welsh legislation, it may be thought, is that it may allow existing civil partners, who have always considered themselves married de facto, to obtain that status de jure with less formality and with greater ease than contracting a separate civil marriage.
  • Options
    According to UKPR there's a margin of error of 13% with these figures so UKIP can say it puts them on at least 31% in the Eastern region which isn't bad.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Just for fun, this poll would produce

UKIP 4 (+2)
    Con 1 (-2)
    Lab 1 (nc)
    Grn 1 (+1)
    LD 0 (-1)
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

According to UKPR there's a margin of error of 13% with these figures so UKIP can say it puts them on at least 31% in the Eastern region which isn't bad.

Looking at the sampling error along on these things paints a bit of a misleading picture. The true margin of error in YouGov figures is twice the sampling error, despite attempts to reduce it.

Having said that, if the national picture is mid- or high-20s, UKIP should be doing better in the East of England, so 31% isn't bad.

• Options
    Looking at Ladbrokes constituency betting, I notice the Tories are 6/1 in Bath. That might be worth a bet, especially with Don Foster standing down. I would have set the odds at 4 or 5/1.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited April 2014
    East Anglia is by all accounts UKIP's heartland, so I would certainly expect them to come top there, possibly very comfortably.

That Lib Dem share looks really off though? I wouldn't expect them to come close to equalling the Tories in any region, and the only region where I could see them beating Labour is the southwest.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,440
    Another interesting series of posts on http://election-data.blogspot.co.uk

In particular there is the suggestion that UKIP could do very well in rural Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire. I do not recall this area before suggested as an area of strength.

Its probably due to David Kendrick's (an occasional poster on here) impact!
  • Options
    Bedford:

Lab 2/5
    Con 2/1
    LD 25/1
    UKIP 50/1
    Mike Buchanan 100/1

https://m.ladbrokes.com/#!event_details?id=216773182
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Danny565 said:

That Lib Dem share looks really off though?

Read the thread. It's an error. Should be 7%.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Looking at Ladbrokes constituency betting, I notice the Tories are 6/1 in Bath. That might be worth a bet, especially with Don Foster standing down. I would have set the odds at 4 or 5/1.

The Tories arent fielding a particularly great candidate in Bath. I would expect the LDs to hold on but, yeah, 6/1 seems very long.

• Options
    Danny565 said:

East Anglia is by all accounts UKIP's heartland, so I would certainly expect them to come top there, possibly very comfortably.

That Lib Dem share looks really off though? I wouldn't expect them to come close to equalling the Tories in any region, and the only region where I could see them beating Labour is the southwest.

The real share - according to that crossbreak - was just 7% - the misreporting was why it didn't total 100%.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,924
    Neil said:

AndyJS said:

The Tories arent fielding a particularly great candidate in Bath. I would expect the LDs to hold on but, yeah, 6/1 seems very long.

Bath will go to the SNP. It's a GOTV thing.
This discussion has been closed.