Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Will Biden’s net approval go negative? – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,964
    Because it's being hyped I'm going for no change.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,815
    Poll ramping? Can mean only one thing... MOE changes!

Good evening everyone!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited August 2021
    Cross over.....got to be.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079

Doubt it. I reckon Con lead of 10%
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    IanB2 said:

The damage done by 9/11 did not unfold quite as terrorist leader Osama bin Laden intended, according to Nelly Lahoud, an analyst at the thinktank New America who has been sifting through his papers, but it did have a “catastrophic success” in changing the world. It was a case of the autoimmune response proving far more deadly than the infection it was supposed to fight.

In a new book, Reign of Terror: How the 9/11 Era Destabilized America and Produced Trump, former Guardian journalist Spencer Ackerman argues that the worst damage was self-inflicted, through the impact of the “global war on terror” and all its excesses: torture, mass surveillance, militarism and authoritarianism.

“Of all the endless costs of terrorism, the most important is the least tallied: what fighting it has cost our democracy,” Ackerman writes. “How like America it is not to recognise that the true threat was counterterrorism, nor terrorism.”

The backlash produced a repugnance in US public opinion for foreign intervention.

There is one senior politician here who knows that the true threat is COUNTER terrorism and that's the Home Secretary.
  • Options
    So Biden's not really up to it is he?

Who knew! Who knew!
  • Options
    Stirling seems a heavyweight
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    MrEd said:

Is Harris looking value at 7.8?

Possibly. Do you win if Joe steps down pre-2024?
    No. This is POTUS election 2024.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927

Hey Siri.

Can you draw me a Venn diagram of people who defended Boris Johnson's letterbox/burqa comments and those outraged by the use of 'pass it on' by the Labour party.

One was apparently satire by Britain's greatest Comic and Prime Minister, the other was just vicious nastiness towards a very nice Senior Minister of the Crown.

I personally thought the letter boxes satire was unpleasant racist dog whistling. But what do I know as a humourless wokist?
    The other wasn't "vicious nastiness" at all, far from it - it was nerdy, weedy, walliness
  • Options
    RobD said:

Because it's being hyped I'm going for no change.
    I'm about to have dinner in a restaurant which has poor mobile phone signal so I won't officially see this poll until 9.30 so I'm going to crossover or MOE.

No middle ground.
  • Options

Fat shaming Big G....that will get you cancelled.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    BF appears not to have a 'next president' market. i.e. Biden stands down market. They have 2024 market.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,349
    edited August 2021
    DavidL said:

Hundred final is going to be incredibly one sided if not cafeful.

Stirling is doing his best to make sure it isn't. His hitting is incredible.
    You are watching it..?? i cannot find it entertaining. I cannot bear to look at the screen. Its looks ghastly.
  • Options
    Remember in January I predicted Biden wouldn't serve a full term as POTUS?

Nancy will get him out and and install Kamala... 2024 Harris Vs ???
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927
    Floater said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

The days when we completely relied on a completely elastic supply of labour from the EU dragging more and more of our economy into minimum wage for growth are thankfully over.

And our supermarkets are thankfully running short of supplies as a result...

Oh, wait.
    Except they aren't

You need a new horror story to scare the children Scott
    How about "You're going to have to pay the proles more to do the menial tasks when Daddy retires, Tarquin" ?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280
    GIN1138 said:

Who knew! Who knew!

Everyone. But he's not a f****** psychopath. Everything is relative.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    MrEd said:

Leon said:
    But Uncle Joe told us the nice Royal Mounted Taliban we just doing preboarding document and covid checks....
    I haven’t kept abreast of the latest developments here but I do fear the Americans might be led into a trap by the Taliban. I can see the Taliban saying “don’t use your troops to rescue your citizens, keep them in the airport and we will guarantee thei safety. Then when the Taliban have sufficient strength in Kabul, they then start taking Americans hostage.
    We'll see but I'd be surprised by that. Having just got rid of the US it would seem a bit stupid to do things that might provoke them to come back.
  • Options

Hundred final is going to be incredibly one sided if not cafeful.

I am not on the iSAGE sports sub-committee for nothing....
  • Options
    DavidL said:

GIN1138 said:

Who knew! Who knew!

Everyone. But he's not a f****** psychopath. Everything is relative.
    We think we've got problems! Poor USA! :(
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options

Fat shaming Big G....that will get you cancelled.
    Just an observation
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,985
    MrEd said:

Scott_xP said:

rcs1000 said:

that will passed through to British consumers by higher grocery bills, and will disadvantage British exporters.

No shit.
    All companies across the world are facing problems in delivery. It has cropped up time and time again on company results calls. Nobody has called out the U.K. (if they are global) as a specific problem.
    I think the UK has a particular transitional issue right now - historically a fair portion of drivers on British roads were from the EU. (Indeed, the UK-EU markets were very integrated: a driver might do a Devon to Birmingham delivery, then a Birmingham to Rotterdam one.) With proper Brexit, this has meant that drivers basically had to choose the EU market on the UK one, and the vast majority chose the EU one. And this led to a temporary reduction in the number of people working the UK market.

Under normal circumstances, this would have been no big deal. People would have gone through training courses, got HGV licenses, etc.

But with Covid, we've had 18 months of practically no new HGV licenses being issued. Which has meant a transitional issue has led to higher freight rates for British businesses. Not enough to cause massive problems, but enough that people are scrabbling where they didn't previously need to scrabble.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,173
    edited August 2021

Doubt it. I reckon Con lead of 10%
    100%

Johnson was abysmal in the HoC on Thursday and Starmer was very good. Raab was too important to punctuate his holiday with a phone call and the 43% who matter still see that as being fine. I know this because all the loyal PB Boris Tories were...well loyal. Nothing to see move along. Johnny Voter I suspect, feels the same.
  • Options
    isam said:

DavidL said:

isam said:

DavidL said:

Hey Siri.

Can you draw me a Venn diagram of people who defended Boris Johnson's letterbox/burqa comments and those outraged by the use of 'pass it on' by the Labour party.

Please sir, please sir, I want to be outraged but I don't understand what "pass it on" is supposed to mean or why it is bad.
    It’s what infants say when they’re passing a note around under the desk or ‘so and so smells, pass it on’ - I don’t think I’ve heard it used in nearly 40 years - utterly cringeworthy, complete Wallyness 🙈
    But what were they passing on whilst I was doing something more useful like watching the cricket?
    I think Labour's official site tweeted something like "Sack Dominic Raab, pass it on" - such nerdy, unfunny wallyness, it's bringing me out in hives

TSE using "venn diagram" and "Siri" has made it even worse

Is there a single person in that Venn Diagram?

There may be people cringing at the phrase, but I doubt anyone's "outraged". 😕
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,184
    Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

The days when we completely relied on a completely elastic supply of labour from the EU dragging more and more of our economy into minimum wage for growth are thankfully over.

And our supermarkets are thankfully running short of supplies as a result...

Oh, wait.
    I keep struggling to find these empty shelves. Another shop today, came home with everything we wanted.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

Scott_xP said:

rcs1000 said:

that will passed through to British consumers by higher grocery bills, and will disadvantage British exporters.

No shit.
    All companies across the world are facing problems in delivery. It has cropped up time and time again on company results calls. Nobody has called out the U.K. (if they are global) as a specific problem.
    I think the UK has a particular transitional issue right now - historically a fair portion of drivers on British roads were from the EU. (Indeed, the UK-EU markets were very integrated: a driver might do a Devon to Birmingham delivery, then a Birmingham to Rotterdam one.) With proper Brexit, this has meant that drivers basically had to choose the EU market on the UK one, and the vast majority chose the EU one. And this led to a temporary reduction in the number of people working the UK market.

Under normal circumstances, this would have been no big deal. People would have gone through training courses, got HGV licenses, etc.

But with Covid, we've had 18 months of practically no new HGV licenses being issued. Which has meant a transitional issue has led to higher freight rates for British businesses. Not enough to cause massive problems, but enough that people are scrabbling where they didn't previously need to scrabble.
    Yes, would agree on that, the U.K. does have specific ones given Brexit and that’s a fair analysis. I was just mentioning that it’s easy to see this as a U.K. specific issue when in fact it is impacting many advanced economies.
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,226
    isam said:

Hey Siri.

One was apparently satire by Britain's greatest Comic and Prime Minister, the other was just vicious nastiness towards a very nice Senior Minister of the Crown.

I personally thought the letter boxes satire was unpleasant racist dog whistling. But what do I know as a humourless wokist?
    The other wasn't "vicious nastiness" at all, far from it - it was nerdy, weedy, walliness
    You do realise this is a rather nerdy website dontcha?
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,147

"Looking at their medical notes I know that all the Covid patients currently on the [ICU] unit were offered the jab but that 90 per cent of those on ventilators here are unvaccinated. I understand this figure is roughly the same at most other units."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9913203/ICU-doctor-reveals-90-cent-Covid-patients-ward-vaccine-refuseniks.html

Let the fuckers die. Raise the average national IQ

We should not even be treating them. You refuse the jab, we refuse you treatment. End of

Time to Macron on their asses
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205

Omnium said:

Ghastly woman, no wonder her son is a disgrace.

The Queen has “let it be known” that she wants the Duke of York to remain as colonel of the Grenadier Guards, despite little prospect of him returning to public duties.

In a significant intervention signalling her support for Prince Andrew, who is facing allegations of sexual assault which he denies, the monarch is understood to have conveyed her wish that her son keeps the honorary role he took over from the Duke of Edinburgh.

Military insiders say the situation is “unsatisfactory” and “very difficult”.

A senior military source said: “The Queen has let it be known to the regiment that she wants the Duke of York to remain as colonel and the feeling is that nobody wants to do anything that could cause upset to the colonel-in-chief. It is a very difficult, unsatisfactory situation.

“His position is not tenable or viable. How can you have a colonel who can’t perform the role? For the brief time he was in post, he was a good colonel, but the feeling across the regiment is that it’s not appropriate to retain him. You can’t have a colonel who can’t do public duties.”

The situation had been discussed among senior defence chiefs and “all agree that he should go”, the source said.

Military officials have previously called for Andrew to be “faded out” from his appointments, saying he has become an embarrassment to the armed forces.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/queen-will-let-prince-andrew-keep-senior-guards-role-kq52jrs95

You'd get a thumbs down for this post if such an option were available TSE. The Queen, whatever her faults, deserves a little slack now she's lost her husband and is herself quite ancient.

Andrew has clearly let her down, although he's surely innocent (of the accusations) until proven otherwise.

Let him keep one role and be faded out elsewhere. Of course, if he's ever proven guilty of some of these charges then he'll have to step down, and moreover should face the consequences.

She's not cutting the Sussexes any slack is she.
    Really? This would be the HMQ who in the few statements she has made has emphasised how much they are a much loved part of the family and who changed the funeral arrangements so that there would no military uniforms to avoid showing up Harry's status as a non-working Royal, a role he chose for himself, would it?

The Sussexes have got precisely what they wanted. Good luck to them. But this endless bitching by them or people on their behalf about the family they've left is unbecoming. They're practically 40, for God's sake. Time to stop behaving like adolescents.

As for Andrew he should give up all his roles, stop embarrassing his mother and concentrate on sorting out the legal mess he's got himself into.
This discussion has been closed.