Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The more voters are educated the more likely they are to be negative about Johnson – politicalbettin

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,720
    Sweeney74 said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

TOPPING said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Listening to Dimbleby Jnr talk about his food report. One thing that stuck out was basically him saying high quality meat such a steak and roast chicken is fine, but need to cut right down on processed cheap meat based products from our diets.

This highlights the crux of the problem.

I, as much of PB I would think, can and probably already do this. £6-7 for a decent steak is fine for my tea, but then we know that the richer you are now the less likely you are to be massive overweight, eat better etc.

Those on low income are never paying £30-40 for one family meal of decent steak or a good quality whole chicken, hence why its chicken nug nugs etc.

I don't know how you square that circle.

I don't see why chicken is an issue.

I can get a whole chicken from Tesco for £2.50, less than the cost of a single Happy Meal, and get a few days worth of meals from that chicken for the whole family.

Again it comes more down to the willingness, desire, inclination and ability to cook than it does the affordability.
    You can get a ‘few days of family meals’ from one £2.50 chicken?! Impressive. Also unbelievable
    Yes I can. I don't know why you think I'd lie about that.

But even if you just get one family meal from a whole chicken, its just as cheap as buying crap food and far cheaper than buying a McDonalds or other takeaways.
    I don’t know why you’d lie about this but ‘a few days of family meals’ from one £2.50 chicken is ridiculous

Let’s say a family is four hungry mouths. They will devour an entire roast chicken in one sitting, easily. And they might still be hungry

You’re then left with a few bones which you could boil down for stock (with vegetables) and make a HYUFDy hot broth which could furnish lunch I guess (with bread). That’s it
    As long as your kids are small, you can have roast chicken on day one, chicken risotto on day two, and soup on day three (or for lunch).

Yeah risotto is one of the easier things to cook.
    Also easy to make a rubbery mess of it as well, you have to get it just at the correct consistency or it is horrible.
    Might I ask, what rice do you use?
    Carnyx, always Arborio and slowly add broth till absorbed and it turns creamy. Add some grated parmesan at the end.
    Agree. My risotto includes white wine as part of the stock, parmesan, chicken, king prawns, bacon. So not that cheap, really. But then I'm one of the metropolitan elite (though we do use the disembowelled chicken to make stock for soup).
    Never thought of white wine. Must try that.
    A wild mushroom risotto is one of my favourites to cook. Soak dried wild mushrooms. After frying the onions until soft, add chopped chestnut mushrooms and the drained/squeezed/chopped wild mushrooms (reserver the liquor), season to taste. Once the mushrooms are cooked add the risotto rice, stir and add a good glassful of white wine and reduce, then slowly add the reserved mushroom liquor. Finish with a nob of butter, grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
    Interesting to see how you do it - we just soak them in a mug of hot water from the kettle, rinse and sling them as they are into the rice and onion base with the fresh mushrooms, nothing more. But may be the soak precooks them a bit. We don't use the washing water cos of grit etc. but maybe ours are grubbier than some.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    You can get a 750 calories cheese and tomato pizza from Aldi for 66 pence.
    You can get a 960 calorie Pepperoni pizza for 79 pence.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Hello.

Contra to earlier reports, I think Boris just gave the most important speech of his premiership.

Despite the usual waffle, inappropriate asides, irrelevant detours, and awkward levity - he has in fact laid out the nature of the challenge facing this country and indeed the government’s high level response.

It has long been a near obsession of mine that this country is both the most regionally unequal *and* the most centralised than any comparator economy. Boris agrees, and goes on to note that East German GDP has now accelerated past that of the UK’s “not-South”.

It has been an astonishing failure of British policy making.

Boris’s remedy appears to be four-fold:
    1. More devolution. Counties will follow metros.
    2. Connectivity funding (transport and broadband)
    3. Regionally focussed Industrial policy : Britain as “science” superpower
    4. Quality of life issues: crime, education but also town centre investment.

To be honest, he gets it.
    It is obvious he has read and absorbed the literature.

Whether or not the govt can truly deliver, I am highly skeptical; it requires a revolution in Westminster’s mindshift which I don’t yet see.

Wow. Great comment thank you, and all the more insightful coming from you. Thanks.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586

TimS said:

Chicken, rice, veg, whatever. The secret is always to have a jar of MSG in the cupboard. Add it to everything. It cuts down the need for salt and sugar, makes basic ingredients taste delicious, and makes a huge difference to most sauces and broths (along with a dash of truffle oil).

Basically truffle oil makes sauces taste "posh", MSG makes them taste "yummy".

And all the health scare stuff around MSG is a myth.

It does give my wife migraines though. Not sure why, but maybe due to dehydration.
    Me, too.

No idea why, as glutamate is everywhere in the body -
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_receptor
    - but it does.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,233
    Maffew said:

Rubber underpants time...

48,553 cases, 63 deaths

Would this be about the time for football final infections to start feeding through, or is that a bit optimistic?
    I think the rough timescales from exposure are: pre-symptomatic infectiousness from ~ day 3, symptoms onset is ~ day 5.

So I'd be expecting peak of new symptoms to be tomorrow, but then people might leave it a day or so before taking a test, which would be the weekend, might as well wait until Monday, then tests on Monday reported Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Which would be a bit unfortunately timed for the couple of days immediately after restrictions loosened/removed.
  • Options

Ah, but the reason why that has changed is nothing to do with the US ... and everything to with house price inflation.

If you are a lecturer in a leafy University town, you won't be able to afford to buy a house on a lecturer's salary.

So, the University has to promote you to a Professor quickly ... otherwise you will just leave and do something else.

Hence, you end up with Departments that are 100 per cent Professors.

In fact, in some leafy University towns, the new Professors still can't afford a house (though the older ones bought their houses 20 years ago and are sitting on massive gains)

This is misleading. There are 2 things that have changed in the past 20 years.

Firstly, UK universities have all embraced "personal chairs" (i.e. Professor as the highest rank/grade) rather than having a rationed number of named/endowed chairs. Many eminent scholars had ended their careers as Reader (the highest non-rationed rank) because the professor in the named chair for their field did not die before they retired. So, there are more "full professors" (i.e. rank of Professor) than before. I think this change was pretty much completed by the turn of the millennium, though I guess more people have become eligible for personal chairs (and it is likely the career stage is closer now to readerships in the "old" UK system).

Secondly, and separately, some UK universities have embraced American-style job titles. Hence, a lecturer or senior lecturer in old money is now Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. I've never met an academic who likes this change, but it is said to be something scientists wanted as they were upset when Americans thought they were "untenured" at conferences. The American-style titles are unhelpful, as assistant denies the fact that lecturers are researchers and course leaders in their own right; while Associate makes it sound like a deputy or affiliated staffer to a professor. But the Assistant and Associate Professors are paid at the same grade as under old titles: So not very relevant to house prices and salaries.
    You are correct, but you haven't explained why the first change happened. Why did Universities suddenly appoint more personal chairs?

It happened because of house prices.

Let us take Oxford. A starting Lecturer salary might be 40 k. That means our Lecturer can borrow an additional 120 k. He has to find a house costing 180 k, or thereabouts

A three bedroom house in Jericho costs 695 k. Even a three bedroom house in Blackbird Leys -- where they hunt new Oxford University Lecturers with feral dogs -- costs 300 k. 😀
    Ah, I see. Your starting lecturer (= Assistant Professor) would be paid on national pay scales (observed since 1945 everywhere except Oxbridge, and largely mirrored there too) and it's not clear that her likelier elevation to the professorial grade in 20 years would make a Canal Street or Walton Terrace home affordable for her today. But I see that your point, though, is that the proliferation of full professors universities does allow them to pay at higher rates than the readership/Principal Lecturer rates of the old system. I'd misunderstood your point about mid-/late-career concerns about getting on the housing ladder with the discussion of American-style Assistant and Associate Professors elsewhere, which doesn't affect the starting lecturer's pay grade at all.

We can agree for sure that not only are full professors proliferating, but promotion cases are now likelier to meet criteria that reward teaching and management contributions, as well as publications and grants.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,174

Boris Johnson says he is not attracted to proposals for new taxes intended to reduce sugar and salt.

The PM said a government-commissioned review of the food we eat was likely to contain good ideas, but he did not want to impact "hard-working people".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57852513

...as he finished his snack of a Mars bar, Coca Cola and ready salted crisps.
  • Options
    Leon said:

malcolmg said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Listening to Dimbleby Jnr talk about his food report. One thing that stuck out was basically him saying high quality meat such a steak and roast chicken is fine, but need to cut right down on processed cheap meat based products from our diets.

I, as much of PB I would think, can and probably already do this. £6-7 for a decent steak is fine for my tea, but then we know that the richer you are now the less likely you are to be massive overweight, eat better etc.

Those on low income are never paying £30-40 for one family meal of decent steak or a good quality whole chicken, hence why its chicken nug nugs etc.

I can get a whole chicken from Tesco for £2.50, less than the cost of a single Happy Meal, and get a few days worth of meals from that chicken for the whole family.

Again it comes more down to the willingness, desire, inclination and ability to cook than it does the affordability.
    You can get a ‘few days of family meals’ from one £2.50 chicken?! Impressive. Also unbelievable

But even if you just get one family meal from a whole chicken, its just as cheap as buying crap food and far cheaper than buying a McDonalds or other takeaways.
    I don’t know why you’d lie about this but ‘a few days of family meals’ from one £2.50 chicken is ridiculous

Let’s say a family is four hungry mouths. They will devour an entire roast chicken in one sitting, easily. And they might still be hungry

You’re then left with a few bones which you could boil down for stock (with vegetables) and make a HYUFDy hot broth which could furnish lunch I guess (with bread). That’s it
    I bloody love that "use the bones for stock" total bollocks from esp. TV chefs.

I doubt there are more than 10 people in the country who ever do that.
    I tried to do it once. Didn’t work and have never bothered again.
    How very odd. I boil up the bones, skin, fat and an onion and have great jelly-like stock for a risotto, with as many bits of meat as I haven't eaten, and/or scraped off thje carcass. Been doing it for decades. And I've never got beyond the Scottish bourgeois c. 1920 plus Delia Smith level.

Edit: but TUD has got in before me.

Anecdata, but as with Brexit, maybe the Scots really are different ... that '10 people in the country' is absolutely astounding. Do you think they mean the Republic of Sealand or something?
    Likewise, I do it fairly regularly - how can you miss? Pile everything in a pot, simmer for a couple of hours??
    Excellent. That's 4 out of the 10 already, 3 in Scotland. What was that abotu subsamples again?
    My sister and my ex regularly make stock. 2 more
    I make stock once a year, after Christmas dinner. Because it's part of the routine. It's nice to do, but from a purely cost/benefit assessment it's a massive use of time to get a product you could buy for almost nothing.
    If you quite enjoy it or get satisfaction from using everything, fair enough. I find it a bit of a pain in the arse, to be honest.
    My mum and my mother-in-law make stock, of course. That generation do. And my mum's cooking is, of course, the standard to which everything else I taste needs to aspire.
    You would be very lucky to buy a stock that comes anywhere close to a real homemade one. They are mainly shit and full of salt and assorted crap.
    Not true. Whole Foods on my high street does wonderful fresh chicken stock, or chicken bone broth, in a pouch, ready to go. I'd love to say I've had better home-made - but I haven't.

Might not be available in the wilds of Caledonia, mind
    These people? https://www.wholefoodsmarket.co.uk/

I didn't know Caledonian had extended to the Thames upstream of Richmond, as well as Epping.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    Andy_JS said:

Nigelb said:

Germany floods: At least 33 (edit 42) dead and dozens missing after record rain
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57846200

Will it be blamed on climate change?
    if you read the article, it already has.

Of course, you can't put a single extreme weather event down to climate change, but a warmer atmosphere necessarily means more precipitation, so it will make events like this more common.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983

Maffew said:

48,553 cases, 63 deaths

Would this be about the time for football final infections to start feeding through, or is that a bit optimistic?
    I think the rough timescales from exposure are: pre-symptomatic infectiousness from ~ day 3, symptoms onset is ~ day 5.

So I'd be expecting peak of new symptoms to be tomorrow, but then people might leave it a day or so before taking a test, which would be the weekend, might as well wait until Monday, then tests on Monday reported Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Which would be a bit unfortunately timed for the couple of days immediately after restrictions loosened/removed.
    Still no idea why this matters.

We know positive tests will rise UK wide for a goodly while yet – we might see them subside mid/late August. I have no idea why it matters whether they rise more quickly now, then slower later, or vice versa.

The only explanation is that the axiomatic obsession with positive tests continues despite the fact that the goal is now to render this another endemic disease rather than a scary killer.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932
    Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

TOPPING said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

As long as your kids are small, you can have roast chicken on day one, chicken risotto on day two, and soup on day three (or for lunch).

Also easy to make a rubbery mess of it as well, you have to get it just at the correct consistency or it is horrible.
    Might I ask, what rice do you use?
    Carnyx, always Arborio and slowly add broth till absorbed and it turns creamy. Add some grated parmesan at the end.
    Exactly - the classic way. Mistake to use other kinds. But basmati is great for kedgeree.
    Yes , agree on the kedgeree.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

How very odd. I boil up the bones, skin, fat and an onion and have great jelly-like stock for a risotto, with as many bits of meat as I haven't eaten, and/or scraped off thje carcass. Been doing it for decades. And I've never got beyond the Scottish bourgeois c. 1920 plus Delia Smith level.

Anecdata, but as with Brexit, maybe the Scots really are different ... that '10 people in the country' is absolutely astounding. Do you think they mean the Republic of Sealand or something?
    Likewise, I do it fairly regularly - how can you miss? Pile everything in a pot, simmer for a couple of hours??
    Excellent. That's 4 out of the 10 already, 3 in Scotland. What was that abotu subsamples again?
    I make stock once a year, after Christmas dinner. Because it's part of the routine. It's nice to do, but from a purely cost/benefit assessment it's a massive use of time to get a product you could buy for almost nothing.
    If you quite enjoy it or get satisfaction from using everything, fair enough. I find it a bit of a pain in the arse, to be honest.
    My mum and my mother-in-law make stock, of course. That generation do. And my mum's cooking is, of course, the standard to which everything else I taste needs to aspire.
    You would be very lucky to buy a stock that comes anywhere close to a real homemade one. They are mainly shit and full of salt and assorted crap.
    Some farm shops will make stock themselves from the carcasses they have after creating the cuts of meat for sale. We bought a boned and rolled turkey this year, so they included the stock from the carcass with it.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,106
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

gealbhan said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

You can do risotto in the microwave, it's about the easiest thing to make.
    How? You mean those packets of microwaveable 2mins rice?

Don't breathe a word of what you just said to @Cyclefree I'm guessing.
    No, regular risotto rice. I think it's a Delia recipe. It's very easy and delicious.
    Are you talking about "rice" which happens to be arborio rice?

A risotto and microwaving risotto rice might be different things.
    Naah.

Fry onion till soft in a thick based pan, chuck in rice and dollop of stock and water, plus X, simmer without burning till cooked and liquid absorbed to taste. That's it.

Basic approach to kedgeree, risotto, etc. Paella too. Only difference is X.

Kedgeree - bit of curry with the onion. X = frozen peas and sultanas and (at end) separately boiled Finnan haddock and/or frozen NA prawns, and/or boiled egg.

Risotto - red pepper fried with the onion. X= mushrooms, peas, carrots, plus chicken, egg, prawn, whatever.

Paella - not too sure ...
    Sounds like a Pilaf.

I tend to soften the onion in butter, stir in rice and turmeric and cardamom before adding stock, and soften, not fry, tomatoes in evol and tarragon in a separate pan.

so simple. The mix of buttery rice and grassy oil tomatoes creates a taste sensation.
    I forgot to say we use arborio or 'risotto' rice for the risotto and Basmati for the kedgeree. What's in your pilaf?
    Never risotto if using basmati and I defy anyone to do a real risotto in a microwave.
    Always use arborio rice, I'm not a total barbarian. But honestly, the microwave risotto tastes no worse than one done on the hob and is much quicker and easier, making it a useful midweek staple when you've got half an hour to throw a meal together, not an occasional luxury when you have the time for a spot of lifestyle cooking.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Ummm... if Coronavirus was designed as a weapon by the Chinese, wouldn't the first step have been able to treat it? Yet, the Chinese vaccines have been late and crap. Their case fatality rates have been five times those in the West. And they've had to go to extreme measures (welding people in homes) to stop it killing hundreds of millions of their own citizens.

Also, if you were going to design a weapon, the very last thing you'd want is something that could be hosted by over 200 mammalian species - because that basically guarantees you'll never be able to be rid of the bloody thing.

Edit to add:

There are certain characteristics you want for a good bioweapon:

1. You don't want a long period from infection to being able to detect it, because then you'll never be able to stop it entering your country.
    2. You want a virus that isn't able to mutate, so that it won't be able to evade the vaccines you've prepared for your own citizens.
    3. You want it to take out or disable the young, while (ideally) leaving the old to their own devices.
    4. You want it to affect humans only.

Covid 19 is a *terrible* bioweapon, that culls the old from places with terrible dependency ratios. That is hard to keep from your country. And which is hosted by hundreds of other species, and therefore will never be truly eliminated.

Wouldn't that make such a bioweapon shit for other reasons?

(1) would mean that lockdowns and containment were far easier than for Covid, thus mitigating against spread and deaths, *and* (2) would mean - if you had - that other countries would develop their own vaccines inside a few months?

Bioweapons are crap, and you really need chemical weapons or nerve agents that kill quickly.

However, Covid is almost perfect for collateral economic damage, which is arguably more important than indiscriminate population fatality and will saddle the West with more problems than China.
    Wouldn't killing all the oldies, while leaving the young and the productive untouched do exactly the opposite?

But to me the killer point is the other mammalian hosts: it would be the very first thing you'd check, because it means there would be no way to ever eradicate the disease.
    No, because we've all been saddled with hundreds of billions of pounds of extra debt, massive education problems for the next generation and lots of lost jobs.

It isn't (just) about deaths.
    Except all the debt is to the Bank of England, and will therefore never be repaid.

It's quite a long game to try and screw the West over by giving people slightly degraded education for 15 months.
    Martin isn't referring to China but to the 'medical-industrial complex'. The term was coined ~50 years ago and this article appeared in 1980 (!)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198010233031703

The critics in 2021 are talking about so-called 'regulatory capture' = a polite term for top-to-bottom corruption, the same as existed in WHO in 2009 at the time of swine flu.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,609
    The people running the country seem to think there are two types of people: the wealthy who eat posh food all the time, and the poor who can't afford to eat anything except unhealthy food. In fact the vast majority of people are somewhere in the middle: they eat fairly inexpensive food most of the time, and go to Waitrose occasionally.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    Andy_JS said:

The people running the country seem to think there are two types of people: the wealthy who eat posh food all the time, and the poor who can't afford to eat anything except unhealthy food. In fact the vast majority of people are somewhere in the middle: they eat fairly inexpensive food most of the time, and go to Waitrose occasionally.

Agree. Except on the Waitrose thing. I think for many (millions of) people Waitrose is a different country, food shopping-wise.
  • Options

Maffew said:

48,553 cases, 63 deaths

Still no idea why this matters.

We know positive tests will rise UK wide for a goodly while yet – we might see them subside mid/late August. I have no idea why it matters whether they rise more quickly now, then slower later, or vice versa.

The only explanation is that the axiomatic obsession with positive tests continues despite the fact that the goal is now to render this another endemic disease rather than a scary killer.
    Psychologically we are in difficult territory because plenty of people were saying the same last September/October and that didn't end well. I remember words like "casedemic" being invented, and something about it being good for young people to catch the virus to create herd immunity.

Things are different now, because of the vaccines, but psychologically it takes time for people to adjust from the lesson learned last time at such high cost. It might actually help the adjustment if the Euro final helps to push case numbers above the January peak, and then everyone will be able to see that the vaccines work when the hospitals aren't swamped and deaths are much lower.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,979
    TOPPING said:

Andy_JS said:

Agree. Except on the Waitrose thing. I think for many (millions of) people Waitrose is a different country, food shopping-wise.
    Waitrose wouldn't waste my time crossing the front door.

Booths on the other hand...
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,288
    MaxPB said:

48,553 cases, 63 deaths

Nah, it's the cup final. Definitely expected.
    Whatever, you say, Max! The virus will MAGICALLY disappear after the 19th! :lol:
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,288
    Leon said:

malcolmg said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Not true. Whole Foods on my high street does wonderful fresh chicken stock, or chicken bone broth, in a pouch, ready to go. I'd love to say I've had better home-made - but I haven't.

There's an online company:

https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/

Highly recommended!
  • Options

Leon said:

malcolmg said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Highly recommended!
    Thanks - we have a local hamster food emporium aka community foodstore but this could be very useful for the other bits and pieces.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377
    Carnyx said:

Leon said:

malcolmg said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Highly recommended!
    Thanks - we have a local hamster food emporium aka community foodstore but this could be very useful for the other bits and pieces.
    "hamster food emporium"

Mmmmm... roast guinea pig.....
  • Options
    Cases by specimen date

• Options
    Cases by specimen date and scaled to 100K

• Options
    England PCR

• Options
    Case summary

• Options
    Hospitals

• Options
    Deaths

• Options
    UK R

• Options
    Age related data

• Options
    Vaccinations

• Options
    Hospitals vs Cases

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    DavidL said:

The most recent data show the labour market continuing to recover.

The number of payroll employees showed another monthly increase, up 356,000 in June 2021 to 28.9 million. However, it remains 206,000 below pre-coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic levels. For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic, some regions are now above pre-pandemic (February 2020) levels. These include North East, North West, East Midlands and Northern Ireland.

Following a period of employment growth and low unemployment, since the start of the pandemic, the employment rate has generally decreased, and the unemployment rate increased. However, since the end of 2020 both have shown signs of recovery. In the latest period (March to May 2021), there was an increase in the employment rate of 0.1 percentage points, to 74.8%, and a decrease in the unemployment rate of 0.2 percentage points, to 4.8%. The economic inactivity rate is up 0.1 percentage points on the previous quarter, to 21.3%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/july2021

It's incredible isn't it? Brexit has destroyed the economy, the country is a pariah, the government's policies are, well choose between useless, incompetent and shameful, and we create 356k jobs in a month and is doing particularly well in NI. Next month employment will exceed the pre Covid level but Sunak will no doubt still be a, checks thread, "clown" and Boris totally incompetent.

Of course all these incredibly well educated people will no doubt have factored this in. Who could doubt it?
    Amazing! Money's coming out of our backside but still this Tory government cuts overseas aid to the world's poorest. Hooray!
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,374
    Newer thread over there!
This discussion has been closed.