Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A reminder that the polling mode can impact the result – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408
    ydoethur said:

The shortage of public conveniences in London is becoming a real issue.
    I was in the local park yesterday with the dog, watching one of our summer visitors help one of his kids take a crap at the back of the park, just thinking that this would be another one that local dog owners would get the blame for, when he fished out an already half full carrier bag from his back pack and carefully collected his kid’s crap into it. Then walked off with the even fuller bag swinging from his arm. I don’t know at what age his kids will be trained to stop crapping wherever they feel like it, but credit to him for at least collecting it all up.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,128
    gealbhan said:

ydoethur said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

felix said:

tlg86 said:

Blair was also very clear that we vaccinate our people first. Nandy saying it’s not an either or...

She is clearly an idiot then because in terms of timing it has to be either/or.
    As we are trying to identify the idiots, where do you actually draw line with “our people first?”

With Johnson’s desire to vaccinate the world before end Q4 2022, I suspect big movement from him in next few weeks on the stockpiling UK has been building.

The UK has no choice really, global pandemic we really are all in it together, we need reciprocality on range of other issues too we won’t get if we are responsibility for creating long lasting frustration and anger.

Ask yourself, do you want 12 years olds in UK to get the vaccine before adults in Africa?
    Your answer has to be no, does it not?
    Didn't you predict that the government would give away all the vaccines to the third world after over 50s had received their first dose ?
    And I was right about the impression of greedily sitting on a stockpile would cause longer term where we NEED something in return.
    So you were wrong.

And given there is no stockpile you're wrong about that as well.
    although we will soon be able to donate any surplus AZ vaccines.

We should get the RAF to fly it in.

Every time they hand it over they should recite their motto as well.
    Indeed.

What gealbhan has been calling for since March was for all the vaccines from the UK (which clearly still needed them) to be donated to other countries.

Apparently the British government deciding to let thousands more die unnecessarily in Britain (plus continuing economic and social damage) would somehow buy enough goodwill around the world to make up for the drawbacks.

A more likely result would be the rest of the world thinking Britain was some bleeding heart soft-touch who would give vital things away for nothing and would regard Britain with contempt.
    Not true. I said we should manage the impression better than we have, because we need much in return from the so called developing nations, so I said all along we need to manage the impression we are giving.

It goes that you won’t, even now today, answer a straightforward question, can we share with Africa today before vaccinating 12xyear olds, or not? “We will give some very soon, look after own first” doesn’t wash anymore does it, your inability to specifically draw a line is the issue.
    You keep rambling on about this mysterious goodwill Britain will need in the future.

Perhaps you'd like to explain what goodwill that Africa has earned with us that Britain should be giving them the vaccines Britain has developed, manufactured and paid for before it has completed its own vaccination program.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,696
    edited June 2021

gealbhan said:

ydoethur said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

felix said:

tlg86 said:

Blair was also very clear that we vaccinate our people first. Nandy saying it’s not an either or...

As we are trying to identify the idiots, where do you actually draw line with “our people first?”

With Johnson’s desire to vaccinate the world before end Q4 2022, I suspect big movement from him in next few weeks on the stockpiling UK has been building.

The UK has no choice really, global pandemic we really are all in it together, we need reciprocality on range of other issues too we won’t get if we are responsibility for creating long lasting frustration and anger.

Ask yourself, do you want 12 years olds in UK to get the vaccine before adults in Africa?
    Didn't you predict that the government would give away all the vaccines to the third world after over 50s had received their first dose ?
    And I was right about the impression of greedily sitting on a stockpile would cause longer term where we NEED something in return.
    So you were wrong.

Indeed.

What gealbhan has been calling for since March was for all the vaccines from the UK (which clearly still needed them) to be donated to other countries.

Apparently the British government deciding to let thousands more die unnecessarily in Britain (plus continuing economic and social damage) would somehow buy enough goodwill around the world to make up for the drawbacks.

A more likely result would be the rest of the world thinking Britain was some bleeding heart soft-touch who would give vital things away for nothing and would regard Britain with contempt.
    Not true. I said we should manage the impression better than we have, because we need much in return from the so called developing nations, so I said all along we need to manage the impression we are giving.

It goes that you won’t, even now today, answer a straightforward question, can we share with Africa today before vaccinating 12xyear olds, or not? “We will give some very soon, look after own first” doesn’t wash anymore does it, your inability to specifically draw a line is the issue.
    You keep rambling on about this mysterious goodwill Britain will need in the future.

Perhaps you'd like to explain what goodwill that Africa has earned with us that Britain should be giving them the vaccines Britain has developed, manufactured and paid for before it has completed its own vaccination program.
    Because Oxfam says we`re guilty.

On the 'too much access to hotspots' thing, it will be interesting to see where the current "Right to Roam" campaign goes, bearing in mind population density and that England's 225,000km of Public Rights of Way are not exactly overused.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    edited June 2021

gealbhan said:

ydoethur said:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

felix said:

tlg86 said:

So you were wrong.

Indeed.

Why is it so difficult for you to answer a simple question? Draw the line indicating the moment you will share.
    can we share some with Africa whilst vaccinating UK 12xyear olds, or not?
This discussion has been closed.