Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Reaping the Whirlwind – politicalbetting.com

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,592
    MattW said:

Can you point me to a determination that the BBC presenter died of blood clots etc and that it was linked to the particular vaccine, rather than any other cause?

Serious question - without a medical verdict, or ideally an Inquest, it is a leaning tower of speculation.

Like I posted earlier, it has gone to the Coroner for an inquest. It does sound like the recognised syndrome though.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,273
    Good morning

I posted this last night from todays Guardian front page as I expect it will surprise many

New data from Public Health England(PHE) released yesterday found that the transfer of patients with covid from hospital to care homes resulted in 286 deaths, 96 outbreaks in care homes were related to this problem - about 1.6% of all care home outbreaks

And this confirms Jenny Harries comments today that the release of patients to care homes was a much smaller issue than the introduction of covid into care homes by staff and visitors

I would also suggest this article by Ed Conway of Sky should be read by everyone who listened to, or has an interest in Cummings appearance at the select committee, as I believer this is very prescient and is more than likely to be the conclusion of any enquiry unto the handling of covid 19
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    New thread
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,728

Forgive me if i am somewhat sceptical about the AZ vaccine . Has the government gone too far down the road of backing it to now back away from it? If (as it seems very likely) a BBC young presenter can die from it isn't it worth thinking how many BBC presenters are there (not huge numbers) and conclude that the risk of dying from it is not "less than 1 in a 100,000) but greater?
    I think we trust the government too much , Iraq lies , wartime secrets (perhaps necessary at the time of course) show the government does lie when it thinks it needs to - Is it doing it here? Also think of the scandals like the Post Office convictions ? We trust authority too much

Anyway I will be literally playing Russian roulette next week when i get my second jab of AZ. Odds may be better than 5 in 6 but not sure they are 99999 in 100000

Intriguing use of the word literally. Does it now mean figuratively and exaggerated more often than the traditional "literally"?

If you really will literally be playing it, my advice would be it is best not to take a loaded gun to a vaccination centre.
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,417

Forgive me if i am somewhat sceptical about the AZ vaccine . Has the government gone too far down the road of backing it to now back away from it? If (as it seems very likely) a BBC young presenter can die from it isn't it worth thinking how many BBC presenters are there (not huge numbers) and conclude that the risk of dying from it is not "less than 1 in a 100,000) but greater?
    I think we trust the government too much , Iraq lies , wartime secrets (perhaps necessary at the time of course) show the government does lie when it thinks it needs to - Is it doing it here? Also think of the scandals like the Post Office convictions ? We trust authority too much

Anyway I will be literally playing Russian roulette next week when i get my second jab of AZ. Odds may be better than 5 in 6 but not sure they are 99999 in 100000

Intriguing use of the word literally. Does it now mean figuratively and exaggerated more often than the traditional "literally"?

If you really will literally be playing it, my advice would be it is best not to take a loaded gun to a vaccination centre.
    isnt the needle the gun?
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,728

isnt the needle the gun?
    No. HTH.
  • Options
    Nunu3Nunu3 Posts: 178

Pulpstar said:

Not to be a Debbie downer, but the vaccine numbers, although up, we haven't seen the massive expansion that was suggested 3-4 weeks ago, that was supposed to start mid month. We have seen a decent increase, but not the sort of level of expansion muted.

The rolling average is just off the high we achieved on 22nd April.
    Yes, the rolling average has picked up significantly:
    What's remarkable is how much the US vaccine numbers have cratered. Guessing they've ran into a wall of vaccine hesitancy rather than running out of supply?

Quite a funny coincidence that they never overtook us in vaccines done per capita - they came incredibly close where they nearly overtook the UK but were one day behind our totals before falling away again.
    Yes, very conservative white areas, and majority Black areas are seeing low vaccine uptake in America.
This discussion has been closed.