Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Georgia runoffs are looking very tight – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited December 2020 in General
imageThe Georgia runoffs are looking very tight – politicalbetting.com

In 8 days time in the state of Georgia there are critical elections which will have a huge impact on how the US is governed at the start of the Biden administration. For on November 3rd the Democrats failed to win control of the Senate but there are two seats outstanding in the state of Georgia. One was a regular election that comes round for every 6 years and the other was a special election for a seat that had become vacant. In neither case did a candidate achieve 50%+ and under Georgia law there has to be a run off of the top two.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Primus inter pares.
  • Did I imagine it or did a Trump supporter advocate boycotting the Georgia runoffs because the Dominion machines would then give the GOP candidates a negative total which would allow SCOTUS to award the 2020 election to Trump?
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    The Georgia result may yet again depend on the GOTV operation in Atlanta.
    They probably caught it off Newcastle United Comedy Club the other day.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851
    Yep. I'm on the Dem double at 3.5 and I'm well happy with that. It was also my 'double or quits' accepted offer to give @HYUFD the chance to get out of his £12.50 hole with me. So, you know, much riding on this other than the course of US politics for the next 2 years.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,960

Did I imagine it or did a Trump supporter advocate boycotting the Georgia runoffs because the Dominion machines would then give the GOP candidates a negative total which would allow SCOTUS to award the 2020 election to Trump?

The only way you would dream that is if you ate far too much cheese just before bed.

• I thought the fixture list was so packed that positive tests meant they couldn't postpone fixtures, the club would need to play with other players instead?

Liverpool were playing without Salah and other players earlier this season.

I thought the fixture list was so packed that positive tests meant they couldn't postpone fixtures, the club would need to play with other players instead?

Liverpool were playing without Salah and other players earlier this season.
    Newcastle v Villa was postponed.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739

Did I imagine it or did a Trump supporter advocate boycotting the Georgia runoffs because the Dominion machines would then give the GOP candidates a negative total which would allow SCOTUS to award the 2020 election to Trump?

You did not imagine it

https://twitter.com/JoeySaladsReaI/status/1343485480147574784
  • Sean_F said:

stodge said:

Afternoon all :)

Someone earlier opined it would have been so much nicer if the Europeans had held a national day of gratitude to Britain for their liberation from tyranny in the second world war.

What was it someone said - the Americans provided the money, the Russians provided the blood and the British provided the time.

I must have forgotten our Day of Gratitude to the Soviet Union and our Day of Gratitude to the United States as well as our day of thanks to the Canadians, Australians, Indian, South African, New Zealand and other Commonwealth (sorry, Empire) forces for their not inconsiderable assistance.

There's an article in this month's History magazine opining WW2 has become our new religion. We use it as a moral compass - evil is defined in terms of Hitler, Naziism and the Holocaust. Calling someone a "Nazi" for example is the ultimate insult. Denying the Holocaust is considered morally abhorrent in a way 9/11 conspiracy theorists aren't.

That's how we frame evil - we ignore all the myriad other instances of human brutality in the 20th Century and settle on the Third Reich as the ultimate manifestation of inhumanity.

It then becomes quasi-religious and self-perpetuating in the individual and collective psyche. We call those who fought Naziism as "the greatest generation" which implicitly suggests past and future generations don't measure up. Verbal imagery conjuring notions of events from 80 years ago remains commonplace - the exhortations of our current Prime Minister are soaked in those cultural references.

And, that probably lies at the heart of differing attitudes towards European integration. Most European systems of government either succumbed to tyranny, or failed to protect their populations. Ours did not.
    Indeed.

I made a similar point at the end of that thread - you see that difference not just in the UK but across Europe. The same was true about Switzerland too, along with the UK one of the only nations not to have been occupied by a foreign power since the start of the 20th century.
  • YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    Re Erasmus.

Some evidence that ERASMUS is expensive if you are a comparatively rich, non-member of the EU comes from the experience of Switzerland.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170829/switzerland-wont-rejoin-erasmus-before-2021

The Swiss were thrown out in 2014, they then organized their own scheme. Once the Swiss had resolved their immigration issues with the EU, there were plans to rejoin.

"One stumbling block is money: Brussels is demanding Switzerland pay a higher contribution to the scheme’s budget than the alpine country has already approved for its interim solution."

My guess is that if UKRI or the Research Councils or the RS/RSE run the Turing Exchange, it will be fine and cheaper than ERASMUS (so more students can benefit for the same money).

EU research schemes tend to spend a lot of money on administration, so like the Swiss found, it is cheaper to run your own.

If Dido Harding's Best Chum runs it, OTOH ...
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069

The only way you would dream that is if you ate far too much cheese just before bed.

No, I saw the tweet too.

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1342983382909800449?s=19
  • Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

Thanks.
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Scott_xP said:
    Not sure that the Falklands are in any position to complain about the UK's commitment to them.

Clearly they're an edge case, and it's hard to imagine that any disadvantage that they now find won't be fixed.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Will that be a forfeited match? A few of those might convince the players to behave themselves.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited December 2020
    OT. Having just flicked through the previous thread where HYUFD was suggesting mess with the fishermen and they'd take their votes to UKIP. I looked up the number of fishermen in the UK and the number given is 12,000. Unless I've missed a nought somewhere that would make them slightly less plentiful than professional ballet dancers. Why is anyone be worried about where they take their vote?
  • kinabalu said:

Yep. I'm on the Dem double at 3.5 and I'm well happy with that. It was also my 'double or quits' accepted offer to give @HYUFD the chance to get out of his £12.50 hole with me. So, you know, much riding on this other than the course of US politics for the next 2 years.

Good to see you have the right priorities, K.

Ask me who will win I'd say the Republican duo, but at anything better than 6/4 the Dems would be the value.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited December 2020
    Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

Most "boycott Georgia" "GOP" Tweets seem for once to be genuinely false flag Tweets by Democrats mocking Republicans.

That account certainly appears to be a parody rather than real.
    https://twitter.com/JoeySaladsReaI/status/1343072745832263684
    https://twitter.com/JoeySaladsReaI/status/1324993630549979137

But if you look back to early November before the election the Tweeting is 100% anti-Trump. So yes an anti-Trump account is now posing as a pro-Trump "boycott the election MAGA" one - that took me a few moments to check. 🤦🏻‍♂️

https://twitter.com/JoeySaladsReaI/status/1322019101326348288
  • I haven't been able to find out how much it cost us to participate in Erasmus+, but our £100m for Turing doesn't seem too far out of line with the €118m funding that we got from Erasmus in 2015. I'd imagine it cost us somewhat more as we did tend to be a net contributor in EU schemes.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    The value bet is still bitcoin and other cryptos

America is wide open to the radical left. This will sink in when Purdue and Loeffler are defeated handily because of low turnout.

The republican civil war will then intensify as the blame game for this huge, totally pivotal defeat starts.

By the time there is any resolution at all it will be way, way too late. There will be up to 20 million more American citizens and millions more on the way. No prizes for guessing which way they will vote.

2022? 2024? 3024 more like.

Roger said:

OT. Having just flicked through the previous thread where HYUFD was suggesting mess with the fishermen and they'd take their votes to UKIP. I looked up the number of fishermen in the UK and the number given is 12,000. Unless I've missed a nought somewhere that would make them slightly less plentiful than professional ballet dancers. Why is anyone be worried about where they take their vote?

I think it's clear that some fishermen are masquerading as ballet dancers.

It's the only way to deal with common fish dressed up as trout.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,718

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

Thanks.
    I believe Mr Trump's friend Mr Putin can organise any election result you want! No need to go to all this trouble.

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

Most "boycott Georgia" "GOP" Tweets seem for once to be genuinely false flag Tweets by Democrats mocking Republicans.

But if you look back to early November before the election the Tweeting is 100% anti-Trump. So yes an anti-Trump account is now posing as a pro-Trump "boycott the election MAGA" one - that took me a few moments to check. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Every excuse for why the republicans lost will be trotted out by those who want to preserve the illusion republicans are still in game for international credibility.

How long, do you think, before the world twigs the republicans are never going to win?
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    edited December 2020
    deleted posted already

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

Thanks.
    I believe Mr Trump's friend Mr Putin can organise any election result you want! No need to go to all this trouble.
    At least the Russians have a hologram of an election. China doesn't even bother. Nevertheless, I'm sure the Biden administration will be holding Xi to account. LOLLL
  • I haven't been able to find out how much it cost us to participate in Erasmus+, but our £100m for Turing doesn't seem too far out of line with the €118m funding that we got from Erasmus in 2015. I'd imagine it cost us somewhat more as we did tend to be a net contributor in EU schemes.

The latest Erasmus stats I saw showed about 16,000 UK students going to the EU and 35,000 EU students coming to the UK. Erasmus accounted for about half of UK overseas student placements.

• stodgestodge Posts: 12,745

Indeed.

I made a similar point at the end of that thread - you see that difference not just in the UK but across Europe. The same was true about Switzerland too, along with the UK one of the only nations not to have been occupied by a foreign power since the start of the 20th century.

Yet you have Sweden which is part of the EU but not the Eurozone and Ireland which is both part of the EU and part of the EuroZone.

• MattWMattW Posts: 18,094

Re Erasmus.

Some evidence that ERASMUS is expensive if you are a comparatively rich, non-member of the EU comes from the experience of Switzerland.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170829/switzerland-wont-rejoin-erasmus-before-2021

The Swiss were thrown out in 2014, they then organized their own scheme. Once the Swiss had resolved their immigration issues with the EU, there were plans to rejoin.

"One stumbling block is money: Brussels is demanding Switzerland pay a higher contribution to the scheme’s budget than the alpine country has already approved for its interim solution."

My guess is that if UKRI or the Research Councils or the RS/RSE run the Turing Exchange, it will be fine and cheaper than ERASMUS (so more students can benefit for the same money).

EU research schemes tend to spend a lot of money on administration, so like the Swiss found, it is cheaper to run your own.

If Dido Harding's Best Chum runs it, OTOH ...

Sclerosis in the EU?

That can NEVER be the case. :smile:
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    edited December 2020
    Sandpit said:

Will that be a forfeited match? A few of those might convince the players to behave themselves.
    Postponed for now.

I suspect they will have to forfeit the Rumblelows Cup semi final next week against Manchester United as it appears to be a major breach of their bubble.

So Ole gets past a semi for the first time as United manager.
    stodge said:

Indeed.

Yet you have Sweden which is part of the EU but not the Eurozone and Ireland which is both part of the EU and part of the EuroZone.

Ireland was occupied by a foreign power though.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited December 2020

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

Every excuse for why the republicans lost will be trotted out by those who want to preserve the illusion republicans are still in game for international credibility.

How long, do you think, before the world twigs the republicans are never going to win?
    How about when the Democrats control six SCOTUS Justices despite having lost the popular vote seven of the last eight Presidential elections?

Or how about once the Republicans have twice in recent memory won the popular vote but lost the election?
    stodge said:

Indeed.

Wasn't all Ireland occupied by the British until 1922, and some of it still is.

Asking for a friend.
  • FPT - a grim record:

• Ok anyone else shocked to learn that club of Phil Foden has had their bubble breached?

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/everton-postponed-covid-results-63744750
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    edited December 2020
    UK case data by specimen date

The latest Erasmus stats I saw showed about 16,000 UK students going to the EU and 35,000 EU students coming to the UK. Erasmus accounted for about half of UK overseas student placements.

I thought we had a load of whingers complaining earlier that Turing couldn't work because Erasmus numbers are reciprocal?
  • Sandpit said:

Postponed for now.

I suspect they will have to forfeit the Rumblelows Cup semi final next week against Manchester United as it appears to be a major breach of their bubble.

You're saying he hasn't been this excited before?
    UK case data by specimen date and scaled to 100K population

UK local R

• Sandpit said:

Postponed for now.

You're saying he hasn't been this excited before?
    He failed to get past a semi THREE times last time.

That's all I'm saying.
    UK cases summary

• stodge said:

Indeed.

Ireland is why I chose a starting date of the start of the twentieth century and not since WWII. Being occupied is most certainly a part of Irish folk history.

Sweden is a more Eurosceptic semi divorced outside like the UK was pre Brexit, as you said outside of the Eurozone.
    UK Hospitals

UK deaths

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

How about when the Democrats control six SCOTUS Justices despite having lost the popular vote seven of the last eight Presidential elections?

Or how about once the Republicans have twice in recent memory won the popular vote but lost the election?
    Everybody knew 2020 was a massively pivotal election. So it proved. It seems logical, therefore, that America will pivot very substantially.
    UK R

From case data

From hospitalisation data

• Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

Everybody knew 2020 was a massively pivotal election. So it proved. It seems logical, therefore, that America will pivot very substantially.
    Away from Trumpism and destruction it entails?

One certainly hopes so.

Second worst President of all time. Only Andrew Jackson was worse.

I thought we had a load of whingers complaining earlier that Turing couldn't work because Erasmus numbers are reciprocal?
    It was curious to see the explosion of outrage over the UK no longer participating in the Erasmus scheme. We were told it broadened young people’s horizons by sending British undergraduates to study at a European university. We were told our young people are being deprived of this opportunity. But having spent my pre-politics career working with young people, Erasmus and deprivation are not things I’ve ever associated with one another.

The outrage is largely coming from a collection of the firmly middle class and affluent anti-Brexit folk – TV broadcasters and QCs among them. They had been on Erasmus themselves and expected it to be a rite of passage for their children and their children’s children, not least for the advantage it will likely give them in the labour market. But I worked with thousands of young people for nearly two decades before I became an MP and almost none of them had taken part in Erasmus. It wasn’t that they did not study languages or go to good universities – many did. Rather, it was that the young people we worked with were from low-income families.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-trouble-with-erasmus-is-not-just-the-cost
    Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    ???? Raised eyebrows because it isn't favourable enough to China ???
    edited December 2020
    Scott_xP said:
    Slightly overenthusiastic flapping going on there by anti-Brexit tweeter.

A majority (three quarters) of the exports are on the 6% tariff, and that is squid going to Spain caught substantially by Spanish fishermen, so license fees could rise to cover the difference.

Or what are the tariffs on fish caught outside UK waters by UK businesses? Register Falklands boats in the UK, perhaps - or in Spain :-) .

Solutions will appear.

FPT - a grim record:

As you can see from my summaries, there are very big gaps in the data.

Tomorrow will be Murder Tuesday with a vengeance.
  • The currency markets don't seem terribly impressed with the deal. Sterling has dropped almost a cent against the euro today.
  • Tier 4++++++ isn't going to be enough against cockney covid
    Omnium said:

Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    After Jan 21st 1919 it was, even if not beforehand.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,840

Tier 4++++++ isn't going to be enough against cockney covid

Gavin and Stacey at fault.
    Always knew that show was dodgy.

FPT - a grim record:

Wednesdays figures will be the bad ones, I think.
  • FeersumEnjineeyaFeersumEnjineeya Posts: 3,867
    edited December 2020

It looks very much as though the variant did indeed arise in north west Kent rather than being imported from elsewhere. This is indicated by the way in which it is radiating from this epicentre, and the fact that most of the cases reported abroad seem to stem from people who have travelled from the UK. We have been desperately unfortunate in this regard, but other countries shouldn't be complacent since further new variants could emerge at any time or place.
  • The Euro Parliament committee responsible for Erasmus and all things education in the EU is called the CULT Committee. I think we might be better off out!

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/cult/home/highlights
    Omnium said:

Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    My friend Seamus says it is.
  • Tier 4++++++ isn't going to be enough against cockney covid

Build a wall around the South and make them pay for it.
  • Omnium said:

Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    Tell that to the Irish and see how they react.

Whether its true or not doesn't matter. As part of their folklore it is absolutely true.
    Foxy said:

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    After Jan 21st 1919 it was, even if not beforehand.
    More civil war than occupation.
  • Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

One certainly hopes so.

I thought James Buchanan was widely accepted to have been the worst, until Trump that is.
    Denied the chance to run rings round a Covid crippled City...
    11-0 and we'd have gone top.
    So unfair.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,759
    edited December 2020
    @TSE

On the previous thread you said to conquer England you should have the first name Julius or William.

Leaving aside Sweyn Forkbeard, have you forgotten that Julius Caesar actually failed in both his attempted invasions of Britannia? So actually the first name you need is Flavius, not Julius.

Edit - that’ll teach me to post without checking. I thought Vespasian was in command of the force, but at that time he was only Legatus of II Augusta and Aulus Plautius was the overall commander.

So Aulus experts got it wrong...

Build a wall around the South and make them pay for it.
    I suppose statistically you could argue that Tier II is better at preventing the spread of COVID than Tier VI.

After all, look what's happened to the south since Tier IV was introduced.

stodge said:

Indeed.

Ireland is why I chose a starting date of the start of the twentieth century and not since WWII. Being occupied is most certainly a part of Irish folk history.

Sweden is a more Eurosceptic semi divorced outside like the UK was pre Brexit, as you said outside of the Eurozone.
    Didn't Sweden rule Norway in the early years of the 20th C?

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

stodge said:

Indeed.

This isn't true.
    Tell that to the Irish and see how they react.

Whether its true or not doesn't matter. As part of their folklore it is absolutely true.
    I had a very lively conversation along these lines with a really rather amusing Irish chap in Dublin. It was only a little later that I found out that his father was a bigwig in the IRA/SF (don't recall which).

You can't really object to the truth. Happily.
  • Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

One certainly hopes so.

I thought James Buchanan was widely accepted to have been the worst, until Trump that is.
    Buchanan is a different type of worst. He gets a bad rap but is a bit unfairly remembered like Chamberlain. The fact is that the States were building up to Civil War either way.

Jackson was vile for the Trail of Tears and the contempt he showed to the SCOTUS and Congress leading to his impeachment. Trump is a mini Jackson - he has as much respect for others, the courts, democracy and norms as Jackson did but he lacks the ability to get into as much trouble as Jackson did.
    Foxy said:

FPT - a grim record:

Quite possibly.....
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,401
    We are having fish pakorae for tea. Made with cod from Iceland.

Perhaps next week we'll try pilchards.

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

You're like the intensely competitive boy who loses a grudge tennis match to his big rival and then has the most almighty strop, hurling his racket away and going, "Oh FFS. That's it! Can't be arsed anymore. Fucking stupid game anyway."

The Republicans WILL win again, of course they will. It's a 2 party system. If the country moves Left the Republicans will shift Left to get in play. That's how it works.

The GOP "shifting left" is quite easy too. It's rather like Brian Blessed dropping a couple of decibels. Much scope.
    Barnesian said:

deleted posted already

Was it about skiing? :smile:

I tried them years ago.

They were guilty, and I haven’t seen them since.
  • stodge said:

Indeed.

Norway was also occupied by the Nazis. It is one of the exceptions - history of occupation but not integrating.
  • We are having fish pakorae for tea. Made with cod from Iceland.

If you can still find parmesan..
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pilchard-puttanesca
    ydoethur said:

@TSE

On the previous thread you said to conquer England you should have the first name Julius or William.

Leaving aside Sweyn Forkbeard, have you forgotten that Julius Caesar actually failed in both his attempted invasions of Britannia? So actually the first name you need is Flavius, not Julius.

Edit - that’ll teach me to post without checking. I thought Vespasian was in command of the force, but at that time he was only Legatus of II Augusta and Aulus Plautius was the overall commander.

Wasn't there a serious effort at the time of King John? Which would have succeeded if the Barons hadn't pushed the King out of the way?
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    ydoethur said:

I tried them years ago.

They were guilty, and I haven’t seen them since.
    They are still in the can.

I hope they received a fair trawl.

stodge said:

Indeed.

Norway was also occupied by the Nazis. It is one of the exceptions - history of occupation but not integrating.
    And a right mess we made of trying to help them fight the Nazis off.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Foxy said:

FPT - a grim record:

Waverley (ex-Tier 2, changing to 4 on Boxing Day) has cases up 135% (274->471) on last week. People from the surrounding Tier 4 areas flooded in for Christmas shopping and eating out. It's a good example of why Tier designation should not be in small geographical areas but at the least by region.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587
    Roger said:

...but you've forgot to count the "Fisherman's Friends"!

edited December 2020

stodge said:

Indeed.

Which was blamed on the CFP, or whatver it was called then...

Nooooooooooooo. Herring.

It looks very much as though the variant did indeed arise in north west Kent rather than being imported from elsewhere. This is indicated by the way in which it is radiating from this epicentre, and the fact that most of the cases reported abroad seem to stem from people who have travelled from the UK. We have been desperately unfortunate in this regard, but other countries shouldn't be complacent since further new variants could emerge at any time or place.
    Bit of full monty 'exceptionalism' here then if you're right. Not the milk-and-water type being previously floated - that our measuring was the best hence we only spotted it first - but the real thing, our very own mutant bug.

On a more serious note, my NHS in London sources tell me that things are looking much worse than they did in the April peak. On the verge of being overwhelmed - like then - but this time the numbers are feared to be building not in retreat.
  • stodge said:

Indeed.

And a right mess we made of trying to help them fight the Nazis off.
    We rescued the King of Norway and his son (with Maud of Wales, so the grandson of Edward VII) the next king.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

Thank goodness the conspirators cannot read Twitter and tweak their algorithm to cheat without giving the game away.
    edited December 2020

ydoethur said:

@TSE

Wasn't there a serious effort at the time of King John? Which would have succeeded if the Barons hadn't pushed the King out of the way?
    It was a bit more complicated than that, but yes, roughly speaking there was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lincoln_(1217)

And of course, there were three successful invasions of England around the fifteenth century - 1399, 1471 and 1485. But all of these had significant additional domestic support in England, in a way that (say) William the Conqueror did not.

Scott_xP said:

You did not imagine it

You have to be careful.

One certainly hopes so.

Buchanan is a different type of worst. He gets a bad rap but is a bit unfairly remembered like Chamberlain. The fact is that the States were building up to Civil War either way.

Jackson was vile for the Trail of Tears and the contempt he showed to the SCOTUS and Congress leading to his impeachment. Trump is a mini Jackson - he has as much respect for others, the courts, democracy and norms as Jackson did but he lacks the ability to get into as much trouble as Jackson did.
    Trump was pretty appalling, but I don't think will leave that much of a legacy, for good or bad. I would class as worse those Presidents whose bad legacy lasted for decades. Hayes would be one, for allowing the restablishment of white supremacy.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587
    edited December 2020
    Scott_xP said:
    Off topic

...but send the kids to school, regardless.
  • The schools policy is untenable, this Government is dangerously incompetent
    edited December 2020

Foxy said:

FPT - a grim record:

Waverley (ex-Tier 2, changing to 4 on Boxing Day) has cases up 135% (274->471) on last week. People from the surrounding Tier 4 areas flooded in for Christmas shopping and eating out. It's a good example of why Tier designation should not be in small geographical areas but at the least by region.
    Learned nowt from Greater Manchester at the start of tiering.
    Quickest way to increase your cases? Be in a lower tier than your neighbouring borough.
This discussion has been closed.