Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Ballad of No Deal “WTO” Brexit – politicalbetting.com

13»

Comments

• MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited December 2020
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

Rolling Stones are overrated, and no deal is currently as likely as deal.

A big nooooo to both of those.

I think the Stones are better than the Beatles.

Woo Woo ... Woo Woo ... :smile:
    I can speak authoritatively on this point.

The Stones were better performers. Lennon and McCartney were the better songwriters.
    Pink Floyd were more creative than both.
    Strange how your perceptions can change. Take the 3 bands - all great - being bandied about here.

Years ago, I would have ranked them Beatles/Stones/Floyd. But now I go Stones/Floyd/Beatles. Which doesn't mean I don't still like the Beatles. I really really do.
    It's all very subjective. All I know is that I still regularly listen to Pink Floyd. Their music for me is timeless and playable. The Beatles feel like a very, very, long time ago to me. And I spent a few months on a Rolling Stones phase and wore out that fad. I wouldn't see them live again and I no longer play their tracks. Not from antipathy, just boredom.

Pink Floyd wrote some astonishing music that my kids play.
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,341

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

The Stones were better performers. Lennon and McCartney were the better songwriters.
    Strange how your perceptions can change. Take the 3 bands - all great - being bandied about here.

Years ago, I would have ranked them Beatles/Stones/Floyd. But now I go Stones/Floyd/Beatles. Which doesn't mean I don't still like the Beatles. I really really do.
    It's all very subjective. All I know is that I still regularly listen to Pink Floyd. Their music for me is timeless and playable. The Beatles feel like a very, very, long time ago to me. And I spent a few months on a Rolling Stones phase and wore out that fad. I wouldn't see them live again and I no longer play their tracks. Not from antipathy, just boredom.

Pink Floyd wrote some astonishing music that my kids play.
    Some of it in 7/4 time.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,763
    Dead thread, baby, dead thread....
  • gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

But BOB trumps all for me. (Dylan, I mean, just in case there are other great Bobs).

Anyway, must go, I'm meant to be in bed. Didn't think my little piece was going up tonight. Caught on the hop.
    “ Didn't think my little piece was going up tonight”.

Ohhhhhhhhhh maaaaatron.
This discussion has been closed.