Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

One for the night – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,682
edited November 2020 in General
imageOne for the night – politicalbetting.com

x

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,980
    first as Biden.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280
    Lol
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,435
    edited November 2020
    FPT
    Nigelb said:
    This is why the Oxford Comma, much like pineapple not belonging on pizza, and Die Hard not being a Christmas film, is a hill I am prepared to die on.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,296
    edited November 2020

FPT

Nigelb said:
    This is why the Oxford Comma, much like pineapple not belonging on pizza, and Die Hard not being a Christmas film, is a hill I am prepared to die on.
    That’s ridiculous. Who on earth would ever consider Boris long-toiling?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Unbelievable that Betfair still hasn't settled Michigan. The results are now certified and there is no provision to recount under state law.
  • Options

FPT

Nigelb said:
    This is why the Oxford Comma, much like pineapple not belonging on pizza, and Die Hard not being a Christmas film, is a hill on which I am prepared to die on.
    FTFY
  • Options

FPT

Nigelb said:
    Die Hard is the best Christmas action movie ever!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,745
    OnboardG1 said:

Michigan just certified 3-0. The one who was mouthing off (Shinkle) abstained. Hilarious.

Donald Trump: Four votes on the Board but 'result' was 3-0, shows how Dumocrats have STOELEN the ELECTION. Sad!!!. MAGA 2024
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,296
    I can’t be arsed to check but I am pretty sure that there have been very few days before today when there were more recorded deaths in Germany than here, possibly none.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667

FPT

Nigelb said:
    "... on which I am prepared to die"

Yours is the sort of sentence up with which we will not put.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629

FPT

Nigelb said:
    The Atlantic looks unsound on the Die Hard issue.

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1330910999847858176?s=19
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,419

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

ydoethur said:

Hmmm. I wonder if he isn’t making the same mistake as Obama and surrounding himself with too many older people. Harris, in her 60s, Blinken, 58, Mayorkas, 61, now Yellen, 74.

I hope he brings through some people in their late 40s/early 50s in other roles.
    It's also been noticed in France that he's picked several fluent French speakers.
    Awww, bless the French. Time was French was THE language of diplomacy, and high culture, spoken by anyone with a decent education, and used fluently as a lingua franca across the world. Also, of course, THE language of the EU (which is one reason the French were traditionally so keen on the EU - as a bulwark of French culture, especially language, then we joined and fucked it up)

Now they are pitiably grateful for some decent and temporary French speakers on the presidential team of a demented 98 year old US leader, even as China officially tweets in English.

There haven't been many reasons to feel triumphantly English in the last decades, but the absolute triumph of English is one of them. We won. And how.
    Bizarre sources of national pride:

France - the French language
    UK - the NHS

any others ?
    That's a totally brilliant question. Things which countries are proud of but.... why?

America: food - it's mostly terrible
    Scotland: friendly people - OMG no
    Spain: sociable Med warmth, no they are frosty (unlike Italians)
    England: good governance - well, here we are
    Germany: sausages :(oddly boring)
    Canada: Tim Hortons

England: stiff upper lips, understatement
    Those are both British traits, rightly or wrongly.
    Literally the first entry on Google

understatement
    /ʌndəˈsteɪtm(ə)nt,ˈʌndəsteɪtm(ə)nt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: understatement; plural noun: understatements

the presentation of something as being smaller or less good or important than it really is.
    "a master of English understatement"
    I don't see what that has to do with anything. I am not aware of 18th century England being farmed for its use of understatement - my understanding is that the opposite is true. The tendency to understate originated (I imagine) in the 19th century, and is tied in with colonialism, notions of polite behaviour amongst the new industrial classes, the importance placed on hard work, thrift and not showing emotion in public, and were cemented in the early 20th century in the wars. All those things evolved in Britain amongst the British, and Scots influenced it and were influenced by it in turn. There's no language or tradition of understatement present in England that isn't present in Scotland too. When you are able to acknowledge these simple concepts and still support Scottish independence, it will indicate maturity.
    Britsplainers of Britain to the Jocks are the best 'splainers.
    Wow, good grievance-finding. Surely a promotion within the ranks can't be far away?
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,814
    Have so many ever watched a state canvass meeting before . Michigan certifying the results is great news.
  • Options
  • Options
    After Michigan certified on the last thread, Current Betfair prices:-

Biden 1.03
    Democrats 1.04
    Biden PV 1.02
    Biden PV 49-51.9% 1.04
    Trump PV 46-48.9% 1.04
    Trump ECV 210-239 1.06
    Biden ECV 300-329 1.06
    Biden ECV Hcap -48.5 1.04
    Biden ECV Hcap -63.5 1.05
    Trump ECV Hcap +81.5 1.02

AZ Dem 1.03
    GA Dem 1.04
    MI Dem 1.02
    NV Dem 1.03
    PA Dem 1.04
    WI Dem 1.04

Trump to leave before end of term NO 1.08
    Trump exit date 2021 1.08
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,623
    edited November 2020
    My prediction for the election was 279-259 and it's annoying to get within about 24,000 switchers of the correct result out of around 155 million votes cast in total.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,602

FPT

Nigelb said:
    I’m happy to accept the idea of god as a long-toiling female immunologist.
    Toiling is not an activity I associate with Johnson.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

Foxy. What did you make of the second in the Steve McQueen 'Small Axe' series?
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,985
    Andy_JS said:

My prediction for the election was 279-259 and it's annoying to get within about 24,000 switchers of the correct result out of around 155 million votes cast in total.

Wasn’t a bad forecast.

AFAIK @OnlyLivingBoy was the sole PBer to get it spot on on, although he had a slightly different mix of states (-GA, +NC, +ME1 I think?)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    If that isn't conclusive proof of the result, I don't know what is quite frankly!
  • Options
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,985

FPT

Nigelb said:
    Even the Oxford comma would entirely exorcise the ambiguity. You’d have to reverse the construction thus: Boris Johnson, God, and two female...
  • Options

Wow, good grievance-finding. Surely a promotion within the ranks can't be far away?

Anonymous wee folk on the internet wibbling about grievance-finding are the least of my grievances, I can assure you.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,745
    I don't think he has to work that hard to get a headline he wants in The Telegraph, for the most part.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927
    edited November 2020

As was pointed out at the time......

/twitter.com/pswidlicki/status/1330988864614313993?s=20

They still had hopes of over turning the result then. How those who ended up joining Change UK/TIG, even tried to justify their behaviour, after being elected as MPs on a pledge to respect the referendum result, was beyond me. Quite fitting that they all lost their seats
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

I liked it, having lived with a West Indian bloke in a 2 bed flat in South London in the Eighties, I got some but not all the references. Great music, and acting and good to see a Black British story told that isn't centered on the sharp end of racism.
  • Options
    Lol, Govey's gone full Nats under the bed!

https://twitter.com/GerryFlynn20/status/1330912198726725636?s=20
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

Unbelievable that Betfair still hasn't settled Michigan. The results are now certified and there is no provision to recount under state law.

I'm expecting Betfair to change the market wording to say "..for the 2024 election"
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1330975156014112768?s=20

Is there a market on when Trump will sack Giuliani?
  • Options

Anonymous wee folk on the internet wibbling about grievance-finding are the least of my grievances, I can assure you.
    No assurance necessary, I would expect nothing less than a long and formidable list.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

I liked it, having lived with a West Indian bloke in a 2 bed flat in South London in the Eighties, I got some but not all the references. Great music, and acting and good to see a Black British story told that isn't centered on the sharp end of racism.
    Me too. I liked it a lot. Brave of the BBC I thought. It was somewhere between an art installation and a film. I just hope people stay with it. Wonderfully shot
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,951

The more interesting question is whether Giuliani sues for non-payment of fees, or Trump sues for malpractice.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

The more interesting question is whether Giuliani sues for non-payment of fees, or Trump sues for malpractice.
    no win, no fee wasn't it?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

Me too. I liked it a lot. Brave of the BBC I thought. It was somewhere between an art installation and a film. I just hope people stay with it. Wonderfully shot
    Apparently the first one did very poorly in the ratings, only just over 1 million tuned in for what is a prime slot.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,951
    https://twitter.com/Hariboconomics/status/1330998441644871681

Hey, BoZo really has been playing Pharmy, Pharm...
  • Options

FPT

Nigelb said:
    Even the Oxford comma would entirely exorcise the ambiguity. You’d have to reverse the construction thus: Boris Johnson, God, and two female...
    If people used the colon correctly then we wouldn’t so easily misread a comma for one in the first place.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Ghoul vs Ghouliani.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Scott_xP said:

https://twitter.com/Hariboconomics/status/1330998441644871681

Hey, BoZo really has been playing Pharmy, Pharm...

One imagines that she's in line for a royal dukedom in the coming months.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

FPT

Nigelb said:
    If people used the colon correctly then we wouldn’t so easily misread a comma for one in the first place.
    So are you saying what we need is a sort of cleanse of the colon?
  • Options

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

Apparently the first one did very poorly in the ratings, only just over 1 million tuned in for what is a prime slot.
    The Sunday night slot is usually for undemanding gentle nostalgia, not usually such innovative stuff. Brave of the BBC to give it such a time, but Steve McQueen deserves it, as do the other talents on display.

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,740
    FPT and stripping out the mess of blockquotes

@Luckyguy: My point being, the Scots are hardly terrible at it either. If you can find a single example of a phrase of 'English understatement' that isn't also common parlance in Scotland, I'll be not entirely unimpressed.

@Carnyx: Aye, right.

@Luckyguy1983: On you go then.

@Carnyx: That WAS the understatement andf you completely missed it - the distinctive Scots double positive functioning as a negative, as TUD, Stuart D, and Malky will chorus.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    What a guy. At last signs of decent, sane GOP.
  • Options
    Let's forget about the fact that Hillary Clinton called for Joe Biden to refuse to concede the election "under any circumtances".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

Andy_JS said:

Wasn’t a bad forecast.

AFAIK @OnlyLivingBoy was the sole PBer to get it spot on on, although he had a slightly different mix of states (-GA, +NC, +ME1 I think?)
    My map https://www.270towin.com/maps/n0A9k gave the same numbers but I had Biden picking up NC and 1 EV from NE and not flipping GA.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

FPT and stripping out the mess of blockquotes

@Luckyguy: My point being, the Scots are hardly terrible at it either. If you can find a single example of a phrase of 'English understatement' that isn't also common parlance in Scotland, I'll be not entirely unimpressed.

@Carnyx: Aye, right.

@Luckyguy1983: On you go then.

@Carnyx: That WAS the understatement andf you completely missed it - the distinctive Scots double positive functioning as a negative, as TUD, Stuart D, and Malky will chorus.

:lol:

I've always thought of Aye right as a sarcastic rebuke, rather than an example of understatement. Of course Scotland has its own examples of typically Scottish (perhaps even Aberdonian!) understatement, but what I'm arguing is that there's no 'English' understatement. You don't stop hearing 'could have gone better' and the like when you cross the border.
  • Options
    isam said:
    Why exactly are we loosening the tiers by allowing sports crowds, indoor business events and 5 day Xmas parties?

We will need at least another month of complete lockdown again in January or February.
  • Options

isam said:
    Why exactly are we loosening the tiers by allowing sports crowds, indoor business events and 5 day Xmas parties?

We will need at least another month of complete lockdown again in January or February.
    That's the plan.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    I notice from the front pages seems to have learned from their initial incorrrct reports on how effective the oxford vaccine is. Check BBC website....nope still...sniffs....fiddles with mic...WROOONGGG...
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,980

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

That is a shame as it was very good but I'm really not surprised - people may not be racist but they just aren't interested in the history of others different to themselves
  • Options
    Do we think “inside: your guide to lockdown lift-off” will be similarly on message?

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Well, the government has just destroyed my daughter’s business.

If she ends up in Tier 2 and the rules aren’t changed or more support provides, it’s over.

If people can only come with the people they live with, there simply will not be enough business to keep her going until Easter. What’s more, the government still hasn’t said what is to happen on NY’s Eve or over Xmas. Without that trade, there is no chance.

Meanwhile people can cram into busy shops which will have none of the precautions hospitality venues have put in place and into tubes and buses. The 4 places which are riskiest for the virus are schools, universities, hospitals and shops. But guess who gets shafted?

It wouldn’t matter so much if there was proper support. But there isn’t. Such businesses have to pay rent, gas, electricity, phone, WiFi, insurance, water, NI and pension contributions etc - and the grant does not come even close to helping with that. Nor does furlough. And it’s not as if such places have earned the fat to see them through. The only period during which they have been able to trade even close to normal was between 4 July to 24 September.

If anyone thinks that just over 2 months trading out of a year is sufficient to keep a business going, I have a bridge in Nigeria to sell them.

Thanks a fucking bunch!
  • Options

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

That's disappointing. Real quality TV but if the first didn't find an audience the second certainly won't
  • Options
    Johnson should resign as soon as possible and let someone else take over. Sunak, or someone else. Anyone.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    Scott_xP said:

Rudy is just doing what any sensible lawyer does, start the clock and rack up as many legal fees as possible, it does not matter whether Trump loses he still gets paid
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Rudy is just doing what any sensible lawyer does, start the clock and rack up as many legal fees as possible, it does not matter whether Trump loses he still gets paid
    He's expecting to get paid?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Yep, Trump is renowned for paying up for services rendered, especially when those services result in failure.
  • Options
    eek said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

That is a shame as it was very good but I'm really not surprised - people may not be racist but they just aren't interested in the history of others different to themselves
    It might be as Foxy says that prime time slot is usually filled with the bodyguard or poldark. Nothing too hard on a sunday night before the start of a new week.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2020
    Andy_JS said:

Let's forget about the fact that Hillary Clinton called for Joe Biden to refuse to concede the election "under any circumtances".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that Clinton saying he should not concede if Trump is leading in the vote count on election night with absentee ballots still to come in?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Andy_JS said:

Johnson should resign as soon as possible and let someone else take over. Sunak, or someone else. Anyone.

I doubt anyone would be doing anything much different vis a vis Covid restrictions.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    IanB2 said:

Do we think “inside: your guide to lockdown lift-off” will be similarly on message?

FFS. It's like July never happened.
  • Options
    Quite funny Trump downfall

https://youtu.be/CzJJoNhvQOM
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    Am enjoying Queen's Gambit very much. Thanks to all who recommended it a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    “Some sort of a deal, some scrap of a deal, gives us something to build on”?

So the only way for leavers to save brexit is the no deal brexit route. Any form of compromise, any form of deal, is just allowing remainers to build us back closer in future.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Am enjoying Queen's Gambit very much. Thanks to all who recommended it a couple of days ago.

Apparently the viewership of chess content on youtube and twitch is through the roof owing to the series.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    edited November 2020
    Roger said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

That's disappointing. Real quality TV but if the first didn't find an audience the second certainly won't
    Small Axe 2nd episode last night got 1.2m (5.8% audience share) - a very, very low figure for prime-time BBC1.

(Source: Digital Spy "Ratings Thread")
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

So the only way for leavers to save brexit is the no deal brexit route. Any form of compromise, any form of deal, is just allowing remainers to build us back closer in future.
    For diehard No Deal Brexiteers the only acceptable form of Brexit is one that bricks up the channel tunnel and blows up Dover
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

If she ends up in Tier 2 and the rules aren’t changed or more support provides, it’s over.

If people can only come with the people they live with, there simply will not be enough business to keep her going until Easter. What’s more, the government still hasn’t said what is to happen on NY’s Eve or over Xmas. Without that trade, there is no chance.

Meanwhile people can cram into busy shops which will have none of the precautions hospitality venues have put in place and into tubes and buses. The 4 places which are riskiest for the virus are schools, universities, hospitals and shops. But guess who gets shafted?

It wouldn’t matter so much if there was proper support. But there isn’t. Such businesses have to pay rent, gas, electricity, phone, WiFi, insurance, water, NI and pension contributions etc - and the grant does not come even close to helping with that. Nor does furlough. And it’s not as if such places have earned the fat to see them through. The only period during which they have been able to trade even close to normal was between 4 July to 24 September.

If anyone thinks that just over 2 months trading out of a year is sufficient to keep a business going, I have a bridge in Nigeria to sell them.

Thanks a fucking bunch!

I apologise for not doing more to stop this lot from getting elected.
    I could have campaigned; I didn't. I could have donated to another party; I didn't.

I voted Lib Dem in a safe Labour seat, a decision I do not regret. But I knew this lot would be bad for the country, even if I could not predict exactly how. I knew.

And you all knew too. Deep down, you knew.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

The lego Trump would do
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Thanks a fucking bunch!

Is there any evidence hospitality is less at risk? Plus you can still go to pubs and drink with a meal in Tier 2 and just drink in Tier 1, only in Tier 3 are they takeaway only.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    HYUFD said:

gealbhan said:

For diehard No Deal Brexiteers the only acceptable form of Brexit is one that bricks up the channel tunnel and blows up Dover
    So who thinks the future of this we will be build back closer? And closer, And closer.

Boris and his government have made it clear, demonstrating the fact, no further national votes are required before signing deals with EU, because he’s not having one on this deal.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Yeah, imagine how foolish all those Clinton 2020 voters are feeling right now.
    Oh, wait, get over it.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Roy_G_Biv said:

Cyclefree said:

Thanks a fucking bunch!

I could have campaigned; I didn't. I could have donated to another party; I didn't.

I voted Lib Dem in a safe Labour seat, a decision I do not regret. But I knew this lot would be bad for the country, even if I could not predict exactly how. I knew.

Knew what? That there would be a once-in-a-century pandemic the next year, that the government would have to lock down the economy to save lives, that it would have to borrow unprecedented sums - hundreds of billions in mere months - and still not be able to spend enough to make everyone happy?

And the sodding Lib Dems would have saved us from all of that? Dream on.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

The Sunday night slot is usually for undemanding gentle nostalgia, not usually such innovative stuff. Brave of the BBC to give it such a time, but Steve McQueen deserves it, as do the other talents on display.

The BBC knew it was never a ratings winner so put it up against IAC where it wouldn't be expected to do any better.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Andy_JS said:

And let’s not forget why she gave that advice.

What else would you advise a candidate who is running against someone who had set out in public, before the election, how he intended to claim victory before all the votes were counted ?

It was very good advice.

Though had Biden lost by five figure margins in several states, as Trump has, I seriously doubt he would have continued to drag it through the courts, beyond the point of inviting ridicule from judges of both political persuasions.
  • Options
    Given there are now 3 successful vaccines, I wonder if they are still going to go ahead with the challenge trial as planned after Christmas?
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

HYUFD said:

gealbhan said:

So who thinks the future of this we will be build back closer? And closer, And closer.

Boris and his government have made it clear, demonstrating the fact, no further national votes are required before signing deals with EU, because he’s not having one on this deal.
    There will certainly be a lot of political impetus toward that. However, I think having left, there are now larger dynamic forces at play that will pull us further apart from the continent politically and economically, regardless of what some politicians would like.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123
    I blame the President elect. What's he done to stop it? Damned libruls.....
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Haha "who gives a f*ck about Christmas"
  • Options

Roy_G_Biv said:

Cyclefree said:

Thanks a fucking bunch!

Knew what? That there would be a once-in-a-century pandemic the next year, that the government would have to lock down the economy to save lives, that it would have to borrow unprecedented sums - hundreds of billions in mere months - and still not be able to spend enough to make everyone happy?

And the sodding Lib Dems would have saved us from all of that? Dream on.
    "But I knew this lot would be bad for the country, even if I could not predict exactly how. I knew."

You knew Boris Johnson was lazy and incompetent. We all did.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

He's expecting to get paid?
    Cash up front, from campaign funds, if he has any sense.
    (Slight flaw in that thought.)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    eek said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

Foxy said:

FPT

Nigelb said:

Not sure that holds up. Costume dramas like Poldark or Downton Abbey always did well, despite very different lives.

Ultimately these stories are still seen as Black stories rather than British stories.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123
    edited November 2020
    Good job most of America is locking down tightly and going nowhere in the Thanksgi....

Damn.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

I notice from the front pages seems to have learned from their initial incorrrct reports on how effective the oxford vaccine is. Check BBC website....nope still...sniffs....fiddles with mic...WROOONGGG...

The account of the vaccine's effectiveness you object to originates with AZ. If they were unhappy with the version of that account being given by the press, it's not like Andrew Pollard hasn't been all over the media all day with a chance of putting them right. Is he wrong about everything too?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Most sensible lawyers don’t destroy their reputations in public, though.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

HYUFD said:

gealbhan said:

There will certainly be a lot of political impetus toward that. However, I think having left, there are now larger dynamic forces at play that will pull us further apart from the continent politically and economically, regardless of what some politicians would like.
    Such as?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Thanks a fucking bunch!

I know it is very grim; I really hope she can make it through to the Spring. It should be a very good spring and summer next year if she can hold on, but I know its not easy. Best of luck to her.
This discussion has been closed.