Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Punters make it a 65% chance that Johnson will still be PM on Jan 1 2022 – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options

kinabalu said:

Another day, another soft soap article on Lewis Hamilton on the BBC website....Whoever is doing his PR, certainly earning their money.

You have posted before about this. Do you suspect a ramp for Spoty?
    Well....I know he just won the F1 championship again and equalled Schumacher, but there really seems to be OTT coverage. It has been literally every single day a new article for the past couple of weeks. BBC News, BBC Sport, and big focus on much wider aspects of his life.

Now is there anything coming up in the near future, where a raised positive media presence would help....
    He just won the F1 championship and he just equalled and beat Schumacher's records. So it is news.

There was a lot of news when Liverpool won their championship too.
  • Options
    Hancock will be leading a No 10 briefing, which is due to get under way at 17.00 GMT.

He will be joined in Downing Street by Prof Stephen Powis, NHS England's national medical director.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748

Scott_xP said:
    Surely "double jeopardy" protections don't apply to parties like Labour?
    It seems inconceivable that they do. Labour shenanigans are no part of the English legal system.

Should the argument be raised though its clear that the first jury was totally inadmissible, or worse.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited November 2020

kinabalu said:

Another day, another soft soap article on Lewis Hamilton on the BBC website....Whoever is doing his PR, certainly earning their money.

Well....I know he just won the F1 championship again and equalled Schumacher, but there really seems to be OTT coverage. It has been literally every single day a new article for the past couple of weeks. BBC News, BBC Sport, and big focus on much wider aspects of his life.

Now is there anything coming up in the near future, where a raised positive media presence would help....
    He just won the F1 championship and he just equalled and beat Schumacher's records. So it is news.

There is coverage and there is....they should rename this tab, /sport/LewisHamilton.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,578
    Let's hope it doesn't run in the family (unlike brown hair dye).
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,894
    ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

Is Smarkets a firm we can trust in your view? My last interaction with them was them saying they'd charge me for having an inactive account, and clearly it was only inactive because they were so poor.

Do you (or others) know who their current backers are now?

You seem reasonably positive about them in that you're posting their prices, but I presume you'll have pondered their profile a little beforehand.

Smarkets sbk app has good odds on premier league football, often beating betfair - and all without commission.

I can recommend.

Be aware though, their multiple odds are a bit scammy - they multiply the odds then cut them a bit. Also their limits are a bit crap.

But for single bets on major sports, sbk is a decent enough bookie, imo
    There is something very, very strange about their exchange though.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

kinabalu said:

There is coverage and there is....they should rename this tab, /sport/LewisHamilton.

Only fifteen of the twenty stories are about Hamilton. ;)
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,708
    isam said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

Is Smarkets a firm we can trust in your view? My last interaction with them was them saying they'd charge me for having an inactive account, and clearly it was only inactive because they were so poor.

You seem reasonably positive about them in that you're posting their prices, but I presume you'll have pondered their profile a little beforehand.

Smarkets sbk app has good odds on premier league football, often beating betfair - and all without commission.

I can recommend.

Be aware though, their multiple odds are a bit scammy - they multiply the odds then cut them a bit. Also their limits are a bit crap.

What makes you say that Isam?
  • Options
    RobD said:

kinabalu said:

Only fifteen of the twenty stories are about Hamilton. ;)
    And that doesn't include all the BBC News pieces on him.

Marcus Rashford PR team need to up their game.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,346
    Lots of surgeries in this area require a negative Covid test before they will see you. Therefore my mate needed to book a test today for his 6 year old son who has a very painful ankle. He got the test within the hour at Southampton Airport car park. There were around 40-50 staff there, and during the 20 minutes that he was there (he had to do the test on his son himself) no other cars turned up. The staff confirmed he was only the 3rd test they had done that day (1 pm). There does not seem to be much demand for tests in this area.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Seems fair enough considering what the link is called. He's literally just won and broken all the records, what else should be spoken about on that tab?

When Liverpool won the Premier League then https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league might as well have been called sport/liverpool
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Stocky said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

In defence of the people trying to prove Trump won the election somehow, 4 states beginning with "MI" is definitely too many and calling one of them "MI" is asking for trouble.

Literally a plotline from The Newsroom...
    "M" is dramatically overrepresented, because there are another four M's even after the Mi's.
    There are 8 'N's too.
    Slow day?
    Yes. So much so I've worked out if you only win the Cs, Ms, Ns and Ts you're POTUS.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    "Double jeopardy" is Americanese for a rule in criminal law which no longer applies in E & W and was called autrefois acquit when it did, and has no conceivable relevance to Corbyn's case.

Pardon, literally, my French. They must have named it before we got our sovereignty back.
    It isn't strictly true that it no longer exists in England & Wales. There were exceptions introduced in 2003 for specified serious offences where there is compelling new evidence. You can still argue autrefois acquit if it's shoplifting or even if it's more serious but there's no game-changing new evidence. And of course you can still argue autrefois convict - the other type of double jeopardy where you've already been convicted and paid your penalty.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,920

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

In defence of the people trying to prove Trump won the election somehow, 4 states beginning with "MI" is definitely too many and calling one of them "MI" is asking for trouble.

"M" is dramatically overrepresented, because there are another four M's even after the Mi's.
    There are 8 'N's too.
    OK. Let me see I can count them:

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey
    New Providence and Rhode Island (which I believe is technically the name of the State)

What am I missing?
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Stocky said:

isam said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

I can recommend.

I agree with Isam - they’re definitely not an exchange in the same sense as betfair. Iirc, they have (or at least, used to have) an in-house liquidity provider.

Which raises questions....
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey
    New Providence and Rhode Island (which I believe is technically the name of the State)

What am I missing?
    New York?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

What am I missing?
    New York?
    D'oh.

Super obvious.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,284
    edited November 2020
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

What am I missing?
    New York and New Hampshire.
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited November 2020
    The ignorance from some here with regards to bullying is making it seem more and more obvious why some people talk to others in the way they do.

I have been bullied throughout my life, by those much taller and those much smaller than me. By all sorts of personalities, by people of all backgrounds.

The idea that Patel couldn't bully somebody because she isn't tall shows a real lack of understanding and really undermines any comments they might make about bullying now or in the future.

As some of you know, I take a hard line on bullying and I am sure that is informed by my post history. I am sure some of you think I overreact - but the comments by some today have really disappointed me, I have to be honest.

I'm going to take another breather away from this site for a while, all the best.
  • Options

I gather from certain posts on the last thread that today is all about John Bercow and Diane Abbott. I hadn't heard much about either of them recently, any clues on why everyone's talking about them?

Bercow being refused his Peerage by Boris as a result of allegations of bullying and Priti, er, not being a bully.

Diane Abbot? Who cares?
    Because of a bad news day at CCHQ and a dearth of freshly dead cats.
    Still nice to see the Conservatives embrace recycling.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

I gather from certain posts on the last thread that today is all about John Bercow and Diane Abbott. I hadn't heard much about either of them recently, any clues on why everyone's talking about them?

Bercow being refused his Peerage by Boris as a result of allegations of bullying and Priti, er, not being a bully.

Diane Abbot? Who cares?
    But the enquiry said she was a bully beyond the bounds of ministerial conduct the man who did the enquiry has resigned, or have I got it all wrong.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

isam said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

I can recommend.

I used to lay on there a bit, and get matched at prices ridiculously far away from the market - too good to be true, really. There were pro punters just queuing up to use them to arb with Betfair, people said they were matching the bets themselves to get attention, and the liquidity figure they used was dubious too apparently, maybe if someone had £2 at 50 they would class that as £100 traded. Anyway, I would put up £200 on Betfair to see if they'd copy, and £88 would pop up on smarkets at that price, so I'd take it down, and so would they. Then I put up £100, and £45 went up on there and so on. So they were pretty obv tracing Betfair. I stopped going on there as I moved jobs, then tried to deposit some money a few months later. They asked a million questions about how I got the money, eventually telling me I couldn't deposit anything and would never be allowed to have an account with them - and this was on the exchange! Why would you close someone providing liquidity on your exchange?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

What am I missing?
    New York?
    D'oh.

Super obvious.
    And New Hampshire.

And it appears that Rhode Island no longer has the "Providence" part in its name. It is simply and officially Rhode Island.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

What am I missing?
    New Hampshire.
    Indeed.

I'm guessing Rhode Island wasn't counted as one of the 8, so its actually 9 if that's the technical name of the state.

Amusing that rcs managed to get Rhode Island as a state beginning with N but not New York or New Hampshire.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,344
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

Not any more:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/rhode-island-name-change-plantations-trnd/index.html

• Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,080

kinabalu said:

Seems fair enough considering what the link is called. He's literally just won and broken all the records, what else should be spoken about on that tab?

When Liverpool won the Premier League then https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league might as well have been called sport/liverpool
    After every Man Utd match the Guardian wheels out a stock story of "Utd in crisis" or "How OGS is fixing Utd" depending on the result.

That's monomania on an object out of proportion to the attention merited. But I suppose they must get the clicks for it.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

Not any more:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics/rhode-island-name-change-plantations-trnd/index.html

How did I miss such an important ballot proposition this year???
  • Options

The ignorance from some here with regards to bullying is making it seem more and more obvious why some people talk to others in the way they do.

I have been bullied throughout my life, by those much taller and those much smaller than me. By all sorts of personalities, by people of all backgrounds.

The idea that Patel couldn't bully somebody because she isn't tall shows a real lack of understanding and really undermines any comments they might make about bullying now or in the future.

As some of you know, I take a hard line on bullying and I am sure that is informed by my post history. I am sure some of you think I overreact - but the comments by some today have really disappointed me, I have to be honest.

I'm going to take another breather away from this site for a while, all the best.

As you get towards the top of any organisation, people get more... forceful. It's a Darwinian process, and smart (but nice people) tend to get knifed by their more ruthless colleagues. I suspect Ms Patel has behaved aggressively, and maybe crossed the line into abuse. But the civil servants at that level should be no shrinking violets either.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    "Double jeopardy" is Americanese for a rule in criminal law which no longer applies in E & W and was called autrefois acquit when it did, and has no conceivable relevance to Corbyn's case.

Pardon, literally, my French. They must have named it before we got our sovereignty back.
    It isn't strictly true that it no longer exists in England & Wales. There were exceptions introduced in 2003 for specified serious offences where there is compelling new evidence. You can still argue autrefois acquit if it's shoplifting or even if it's more serious but there's no game-changing new evidence. And of course you can still argue autrefois convict - the other type of double jeopardy where you've already been convicted and paid your penalty.
    Absolutely right, culpable imprecision on my part.

The key thing with legal French is that it is correct to pronounce it as unFrenchly as possible: oaterfoys, no namby-pamby r-rolling autrefois nonsense.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:

The key thing with legal French is that it is correct to pronounce it as unFrenchly as possible: oaterfoys, no namby-pamby r-rolling autrefois nonsense.
    The Americans use a lot more legal French these days, and legal Latin. Would be unintelligible to a native speaker of either.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

Not any more:

You were focussed, like me, on Alaska adopting AV.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

I sorry to hear all of that @CorrectHorseBattery and I know from my own experience how you stand up for others when you see it.

Don’t stay away too long, you make a valuable contribution to the site.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.

North Dakota
    North Carolina
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Mexico
    New Jersey

Not any more:

I don’t know.
    @SeaShantyIrish2 posted about it several times, I think.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079

kinabalu said:

Could be that, I suppose. Although I don't think he needs it. He's a big brand. Worthy Spoty fav but I've had a nibble of Rashford at 3.85. If they put him on the shortlist I think he wins it. But will they?
  • Options

Steve Baker at 50/1 ?

A good value bet, but are the Conservatives daft enough to install their very own Jeremy Corbyn into No 10?

Johnson is the Conservative Corbyn.
  • Options
    How'd I miss the news that bird flu is spreading around Europe?
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    kinabalu said:

I think he would be a very good bet for that. Obvious achievements and fits in with the mood of the time
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987

Scott_xP said:
    Excellent. Tory MPs have rightly decided that if you managed to be 'bullied' by someone who's barely tall enough to ride the rollercoaster at Alton Towers, then you may well be the one with the problem...
    What a quaint view of the world you have.

You have clearly never worked with anyone with that outdated social stereotype, "Napoleon complex".
    I was taught by "Titch" Murphy. I met him in a pub 50 years later at an old boys reunion. He was in his late eighties. His first words to me at the reunion were "What the fuck are YOU doing here".
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

As you get towards the top of any organisation, people get more... forceful. It's a Darwinian process, and smart (but nice people) tend to get knifed by their more ruthless colleagues. I suspect Ms Patel has behaved aggressively, and maybe crossed the line into abuse. But the civil servants at that level should be no shrinking violets either.
    There is quite a large distinction between being... forceful, and bullying.
    Though unless you’ve ever investigated it or experienced it, I accept that’s not always appreciated.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    Pulpstar said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

I can recommend.

Everyone needs to move to Betdaq. Faultless this POTUS cycle
    I've signed on today. Got a free £10 promotion. But there is nobody there.
  • Options

Stocky said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

There are 8 'N's too.
    Slow day?
    Yes. So much so I've worked out if you only win the Cs, Ms, Ns and Ts you're POTUS.
    But if you win the Cs, the Us, the Ns and the Ts you're Donald Trump.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,211
    edited November 2020

Did someone actually say that Patel couldn't have bullied anyone because she is short?

Please tell me they didn't.
  • Options
    Roy_G_BivRoy_G_Biv Posts: 998
    edited November 2020
    deleted
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,494
    edited November 2020
    IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:

Autrefois acquit is still a sound plea, but recent legislation makes it possible in rare cases to be overridden by the CCA. As a general principle the fact that you have already been properly acquitted by magistrates or jury is a bar to further prosecution.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

Did someone actually say that Patel couldn't have bullied anyone because they were short?

Here's a clue: :wink:
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

TOPPING said:

Did someone actually say that Patel couldn't have bullied anyone because they were short?

Oh no! I don't get that reference - come on who was it? Also, have edited my post because it read as though the people being bullied were short as opposed to PP being short.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

rcs1000 said:

There is quite a large distinction between being... forceful, and bullying.
    Though unless you’ve ever investigated it or experienced it, I accept that’s not always appreciated.
    While there a line, I think it can be a bit of a hazy one.

I also expect people to be more thick skinned, the higher up the organisation they are.
  • Options
    All UK adults will be offered a Covid vaccine by April, according to draft NHS plans

says the torygraph
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

All UK adults will be offered a Covid vaccine by April, according to draft NHS plans

says the torygraph

Didn't we have an argument about exactly this issue a few weeks ago...
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

TOPPING said:

Oh no! I don't get that reference - come on who was it? Also, have edited my post because it read as though the people being bullied were short as opposed to PP being short.
    @BluestBlue
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,494
    Scott_xP said:
    Can she be thinking of Jezza's defenders?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,134
    RIP Jan Morris
  • Options

Steve Baker at 50/1 ?

A good value bet, but are the Conservatives daft enough to install their very own Jeremy Corbyn into No 10?

I think I`d want longer than 50/1 on Baker.

I`d be interested to know the opinion of @HYUFD on this. Same for Tugendhat.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,800
    My feeling on the lockdown. I think, as long as R tips below 1 broadly everywhere, that we should drop into an England wide tier 3 mode for the remainder of the run up until Christmas. I'm not too worried whether this is slightly modified tier 3 or not. Tier 4, a continuation of full lockdown, should be available for places where R has not been suppressed, but I wouldn't anticipate that being necessary.

The Christmas release, suspending the regulations for 4 days so that 2 households can meet in houses with all the windows open, but not stay overnight, and perhaps also in some neutral venues (motorway service stations?): but recommending as much as possible be conducted at the front doorstep, socially distanced and masked indoors: a present swap, a cuppa (or a sherry for the non driver), a mince pie and a tinkle rather than the full trimmings and a full "you know by now how not to kill granny, lecture". Mind you, I don't know if this government is good enough with the messaging to convey all that - a normal government could, but this one? It could be trailed now, but would be dependent on R staying below 1 right up till the last week.
  • Options

Steve Baker at 50/1 ?

They already did, in July 2019.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,572

Scott_xP said:
    Excellent. Tory MPs have rightly decided that if you managed to be 'bullied' by someone who's barely tall enough to ride the rollercoaster at Alton Towers, then you may well be the one with the problem...
    Just because you are small doesn't mean you can't be a bully. In fact I don't think it is uncommon for that to be the case with men who have a complex regarding their size.

I was fortunate enough not to be bullied at school, but there was a small boy at our school who was quite frankly a psychopathy. I imagine today he is either dead or locked up at her majesty's pleasure.

He surrounded himself with a small group of dim muscle bound boys who would carry out his will. Away from him they were harmless. Under his control they were vicious.

I don't think that is untypical.

I think your comment is stupefyingly crass.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

IshmaelZ said:

says the torygraph

Didn't we have an argument about exactly this issue a few weeks ago...
    You vs me, or the site?

If me, the likes of Fauci and Farrar were saying at that stage, don't hold your breath.

And I've never been happier to be wrong.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

TOPPING said:

IshmaelZ said:

TOPPING said:

@BluestBlue
    Your kidding.

What an absolute spanner.
  • Options
    Hancock sounding very impressive today.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

I was just wondering when he last had a day off.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

kjh said:

Scott_xP said:
    Just because you are small doesn't mean you can't be a bully. In fact I don't think it is uncommon for that to be the case with men who have a complex regarding their size.

I was fortunate enough not to be bullied at school, but there was a small boy at our school who was quite frankly a psychopathy. I imagine today he is either dead or locked up at her majesty's pleasure.

He surrounded himself with a small group of dim muscle bound boys who would carry out his will. Away from him they were harmless. Under his control they were vicious.

I don't think that is untypical.

I think your comment is stupefyingly crass.
    Fuck me there it is. There's @BluestBlue's comment. Arguably one of the most dickish and pig ignorant things I've read on here and it's a hotly contested field.
    Harsh, but fair.
  • Options
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Did someone actually say that Patel couldn't have bullied anyone because she is short?

I just read the same and posted accordingly. I was gobsmacked. It was @BluestBlue
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

I can recommend.

Yes, I'll be doing that as soon as Betfair pay out. Maybe Betfair know people will be doing that, which is why they are reluctant to settle.
  • Options
    isam said:
    Please, people, you might think of a clever pun, but..
    don't rise to it
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,306
    edited November 2020
    Workplace bullying tends to take place with one's immediate colleagues (usually a boss), who are close enough to make one's life unpleasant. One could bully civil servants as a Minister, but it wouldn't be my default assumption as to what has happened.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    Puns are the yeast of our problems at the moment.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,821
    edited November 2020
    Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:

1min 56secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5gcdSxjV34

• Options
    edited November 2020

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.

• Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.
    That's a great one. You're a star. Pure Hollywood.
  • Options

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    Don't let our Labour-supporting folk-caccia taking the rise out of their financial situation.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.
    That's a great one. You're a star. Pure Hollywood.
    Like him I make buns every day.

• Options

Workplace bullying tends to take place with one's immediate colleagues (usually a boss), who are close enough to make one's life unpleasant. One could bully civil servants as a Minister, but it wouldn't be my default assumption as to what has happened.

Luckily for you, you don't have to assume.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    So the Michigan officials who went to the White House have actually bought into what Trump was asking for? Everyone who turned up was bound to agree with him, you wouldn’t go there and tell him why he’s wrong rather than not show?

That would put awful lot of pressure on the other states now?

Was that always the plan, to hollow out the result for a few weeks and then use the party to make this decisive move against it?
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.

Prove it.
  • Options

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    Don't let our Labour-supporting folk-caccia taking the rise out of their financial situation.
    Do you even know how puns work?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.

Prove it.
    Proof of the pudding was in the eating.

• Options
    geoffw said:

Nigelb said:

geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.

Prove it.

That’s pretty half baked.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

He's really been tested by fire this year and is probably the most improved Secretary of State. Really grown into the role.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

geoffw said:

Nigelb said:

geoffw said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    We don't knead them.

Prove it.

That’s pretty half baked.
    That takes the biscuit.

• Options

Pulpstar said:

ping said:

Omnium said:

@MikeSmithson

I can recommend.

Yes, I'll be doing that as soon as Betfair pay out. Maybe Betfair know people will be doing that, which is why they are reluctant to settle.
    Are we being a bit unfair to Betfair??

The cynic in me says that they are running the markets as long as than can for the extra commission.

But, then again, it`s all to do with that word "projected" isn`t it? Thinking it through, projected by a news network isn`t sufficient, but that in combination with a Trump concession would be sufficient, I`d say.

In the absence of a concession I guess it`s state certification which, I suppose, "projects" the winner of that state.

I think I`d give BF the benefit of the doubt on this as long as they settle on state certification.
  • Options
    Roy_G_Biv said:

Indeed, one has to read the report and judge it on its merits - my approach would be to do so with healthy skepticism.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

He's really been tested by fire this year and is probably the most improved Secretary of State. Really grown into the role.
    Early on I actually backed him as next party leader. He's 55s now on bf. Good value imo.

Although I appreciate I'm talking to the guy who tipped Rishi...
  • Options

Roy_G_Biv said:

Indeed, one has to read the report and judge it on its merits - my approach would be to do so with healthy skepticism.
    "Yes, Patel offered an apology, but let's just for the moment adopt a sceptical viewpoint, and..." etc.
    Boring.
  • Options
    Lamar Alexander is the latest Senator urging Trump to concede and begin the Biden transition.

So, that's Romney, Sasse and Alexander. Plus, probably Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    It's beyond ridiculous that Betfair has the Georgia market still up, the result is now certified.
  • Options
    Roy_G_Biv said:

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    Do you even know how puns work?
    Yes, and if I cared more I'd even explain it to you.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

I have always quite liked him, but I lost all confidence when he tried spinning the testing number earlier in the year. He didn't need to and would have kept my respect if he hadn't done so.

Grant Shapps is the one that has impressed me most, particularly earlier in the year and particularly because I am biased against him anyway because of his past. But he seemed willing to be thrown to the lions whenever a disaster loomed and he always held his own giving what sounded like credible responses to what appeared indefensible positions. My view of him has changed dramatically.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    edited November 2020
    Pulpstar said:

It's beyond ridiculous that Betfair has the Georgia market still up, the result is now certified.

Has it been certified?

CNN saying it will be certified later today. I can't see any report saying it has actually been certified.

Next step is Governor has to sign off Electoral College votes tomorrow - how can we be sure he will do this?
  • Options

Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:
    don't rise to it
    It's a Hard Loaf
  • Options
    I notice Witty and Valance have disappeared from view.
This discussion has been closed.