Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As we go into the final WH2020 debate Biden edges up further in the betting – politicalbetting.com

13»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Just watched the first 20 minutes on double speed. I think it was 10 minutes well saved.

350 million people and your choice is one of these two idiots.
    That's not quite true it's probably more like 200 million as you also need to be:

-a natural-born citizen of the United States;
    -at least 35 years old;
    -a resident in the United States for at least 14 years

and you can't previously have been:
    - President for two terms
    But what about all the millions and millions of illegals that vote (according to Trump) ;-)
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,907
    Trump has clearly been advised to stay calm at all costs, probably in order not to offend older voters who didn't like his previous performance.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,131
    Biden accuses Trump of bribing the Ukraine government to say something negative about him, Trump accuses Biden of getting his son a highly paid energy job with no experience
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    HYUFD said:

Biden accuses Trump of bribing the Ukraine government to say something negative about him, Trump accuses Biden of getting his son a highly paid energy job with no experience

Debating the issues that matter.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Trump has clearly been advised to stay calm at all costs, probably in order not to offend older voters who didn't like his previous performance.

It actually worse than the last one, at least the last one had an entertainment factor, as it was a bit like a WWE wrestling match.

This is just two old guys talking nonsense.
  • Options
    Biden can't remember his scripted get out...
  • Options
    Trump being rude now.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,311
    Biden smart move to say public don't care about argument re candidates families.
  • Options
    Now 1.51 / 2.96

So move to Trump since debate start.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,907
    Biden rambling a bit.
  • Options
    Trump bullying coming through now.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Biden rambling a bit.

Against a skilled politician, he would be mince meat. He is slow, he rambles, he can't remember his scripted bits...but he is against the orange ape, who just can't help talking about himself and spouting obvious lies.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    Anyone put money on the GOP retaking the House as Trump thinks will happen?
  • Options
    Biden emphasises nobody will lose their private health insurance under his healthcare plan
  • Options
    Trump is getting very rude now.
  • Options
    Trump says if Biden is elected the stock market will crash, Biden says where he comes from in Scranton people do not live off the stock market
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Oh shit. It is the end of days. Justin Bieber is the guest on last week's SNL and he's just sung a song I liked!
  • Options
    Sleepy Joe getting shouty now...still word spaghetti. C'mon man.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,130
  • Options
    Biden forgotten he is repeating a previous scripted bit.
  • Options
    Angry Biden is the only time when he's halfway effective.

Still, 96-year-old Jimmy Carter would be doing way better here.
  • Options
    Trump actually right on something...$15/hr federal minimum wage is bad for small businesses.
  • Options

Trump actually right on something...$15/hr federal minimum wage is bad for small businesses.

Seems like an obvious thing that should be left to the states, given how different they are.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited October 2020
    RobD said:

Seems like an obvious thing that should be left to the states, given how different they are.
    Absolutely...US is such a large country where cost of living is vastly different. Order of magnitude different from somebody living rural Idaho to somebody living in NYC
  • Options
    Biden promises a path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented people
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    And both candidates are absolute shit....
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,997
    edited October 2020
    This is very hard to watch. Not very illuminating. Jumbled sentences from both of them. I don't think it will change many votes. I don't think Trump will actually lose votes this time, but nor will he gain them. It is not the game changer that Trump needs.
  • Options
    Now stabilised at 1.5 / 2.98
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Barnesian said:

This is very hard to watch. Not very illuminating. Jumbled sentences from both of them. I don't think it will change many votes. I don't think Trump will actually lose votes this time, but nor will he gain them. It is not the game changer that Trump needs.

Its like two old blokes in the pub after too many shandies saying well if I was in charge level of illumination....
  • Options
    With the possible exception of Lincoln, lol :D
  • Options
    Trump again says nobody has done more for the black community than him since Lincoln, on criminal justice reform and prison reform and opportunities and investment
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

If you believe Trafalgar or Rasmussen and IBID/TIPP he does not need a game changer, just not to lose any support tonight
  • Options
    Biden showing quite a lot of left wing leg this evening...big bump in minimum wage, pathway for illegals, no minimum mandatory sentences.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060
    HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

If you believe Trafalgar or Rasmussen and IBID/TIPP he does not need a game changer, just not to lose any support tonight
    That's not true, on the latest IBD/TIPP he's five points behind.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

If you believe the poll modellers like The Economist or Nate Silver, he most certainly does need a game changer.
  • Options
    Trump now claiming he is the least racist person in the room...
  • Options
    "It's all talk and no action with these politicians".
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

If you believe the poll modellers like The Economist or Nate Silver, he most certainly does need a game changer.
    If you believe Trafalgar are an actual polling organisation, then I'm a Nigerian prince with lots of money i'd like to send to your account...
  • Options
    Only 8 minutes to go. Come on.
  • Options
    Trump has a reasonable attack line when Biden says I have been trying to do x for 40 years. ...why didn't you do in 8 years when in power.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

If Nate Silver was right in 2016 Hillary Clinton would have won over 300 EC votes and now be President
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    They should be pleased that Biden has just admitted he got it wrong with the war on drugs - though he pointed out it was all 100 senators who voted for it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Can Biden get through a statement without George Bush style mis-speaking?

500,000, no 50,000, charging stations...climate warming change...
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

If Nate Silver was right in 2016 Hillary Clinton would have won over 300 EC votes and now be President
    Oh no - not this again :(
  • Options
    Biden laughing at Trump on climate change.

Indeed throughout he has often just laughed at Trump.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

Oh no - not this again :(
    Well he effectively said the opposite of what you said.
  • Options
    Trump emphasising energy independence and natural gas and in future solar, Biden climate change regulation
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Biden laughing at Trump on climate change.

Indeed throughout he has often just laughed at Trump.

Biden now channeling Trump approach from debate #1, with talking over Trump.
  • Options
    Biden just said zero emissions by 2025???
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Yeah, that seems ambitious.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

I am not sure he has a clue what he is taking about.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Presumably that's his coronavirus plan.
  • Options
    Biden now just said 2035!
  • Options
    Did Biden just make a mistake re the oil industry?

I don't know.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Biden now just said 2035!

He was all over the shop on that previous segment.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Did Biden just make a mistake re the oil industry?

I don't know.

If he had said that in debate #1, it could have been very bad, as plenty of time to run the attack ads with it.
  • Options
    That's it, thankfully rather more civilised this time
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Great finish for Biden - at his best talking about decency, honour, trust.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

That's it, thankfully rather more civilised this time

It was worse...no entertainment factor and just showed up how terrible both candidates are
  • Options
    Thank goodness that is over with no major gaffes from Biden. He just needs to stay healthy for the next 10 days. On the final stretch.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ends at 1.5 / 2.98
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Thank goodness that is over with no major gaffes from Biden. He just needs to stay healthy for the next 10 days. On the final stretch.

Just closing the oil industry and zero emissions in five years. :D
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

I reckon he is going to be George Bush Jnr level on the gaffe-o-meter as president....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Those attack ads are going to be running like crazy in Texas.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Biden also mangled his pitch on the amnesty for undocumented migrants.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

I reckon he is going to be George Bush Jnr level on the gaffe-o-meter as president....
    He isn't a natural orator like Obama. He needs to slow down. Leave pauses. Gather his thoughts. He's much too old to learn now. He isn't a JFK or Obama.

But he's a decent caring man in stark contrast to Trump. Women in particular can see and value that.
  • Options
    Trump is a snake-oil salesman, but a good one. Just for once it would have been nice to see someone publicly expose and humiliate him but Biden wasn't up to it. Maybe the Dems really should have run with Pete Buttigieg. Biden is a decent old school politician but he's no match for a huckster with Trump's salesmanship skills. Fortunately for the Dems and the USA Trump's period in office has exposed him sufficiently to make it very unlikely he will be retained for a second term.

No game changers in the final debate then. Looks like we have ten more days to endure the Great Orange Berk.

Nite all.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Well that didn't take long...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319466667676749824
  • Options

Trump is a snake-oil salesman, but a good one. Just for once it would have been nice to see someone publicly expose and humiliate him but Biden wasn't up to it. Maybe the Dems really should have run with Pete Buttigieg. Biden is a decent old school politician but he's no match for a huckster with Trump's salesmanship skills. Fortunately for the Dems and the USA Trump's period in office has exposed him sufficiently to make it very unlikely he will be retained for a second term.

No game changers in the final debate then. Looks like we have ten more days to endure the Great Orange Berk.

Nite all.

Buttigieg would not have had the appeal in the rustbelt Biden has, he was still the Democrats best bet to beat Trump and I think will at least pick up Pennsylvania with Michigan and Wisconsin still close
  • Options

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Biden also mangled his pitch on the amnesty for undocumented migrants.
    I genuinely don't think he really understands the details of his own policy platform. But the Orange Ape isn't smart enough to go beyond the playground bully stuff nor able to resist talking about himself.
  • Options

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Six million views in twenty minutes?
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Has Trump got enough money left to run attack ads in Texas?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Six million views in twenty minutes?
    Trump does have almost 90 million followers on twitter, plenty of whom were likely watching the debate anyway.
  • Options

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

Has Trump got enough money left to run attack ads in Texas?
    I'm sure the oil barons could lend him a few bob.
  • Options

Nite all.

Biden isn't smart enough or quick enough to pick up on the Trump BS & be able to pull it apart succinctly.

They have prepped him with some focus group testes prescripted bits that he crowbars in with the look down the camera trick, but is unable to stop Trump making this grand claims which most people at home won't fact check.

The problem for Trump is, this time it isn't theoretical, peoppe have lived experience of him actual handling of things.
  • Options
    Now 1.52 / 2.92.

Debate started at 1.47 / 3.10.

So clear move.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Now 1.52 / 2.92.

Debate started at 1.47 / 3.10.

So clear move.

It had moved the other way this afternoon before the debate. I think there was an expectation that Biden would easily win this debate and he didn't. He didn't lose it either. A draw. So the price moved back to where it was earlier.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Democratic Congresswoman distancing herself from Biden's comments on oil and gas.

https://twitter.com/HornForCongress/status/1319474800901951493
  • Options

Nite all.

Not ten days: another three months to the inauguration on 20 January.
  • Options
    The price on Texas has moved in favour of Trump. I don't think Biden is going to win Texas. But he doesn't need to. He just needs to threaten to, so that Trump puts resources into defending Texas - which he will with the fracking video.
  • Options
    Trump seems to have comfortably won the debate based on the focus group... The comments from female voters are interesting. He might have done enough for to win over a lot of votes based on policy with the help of a Polly Toynbee nose-peg.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Data progress has Biden winning the debate but Trump doing fractionally better than after the first debate https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1319482275021623297?s=20

LOL. Sure.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    New thread
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    To toot my own horn, as predicted, Biden's frailty was exposed without Trump jumping into fill the gaps whenever Biden hesitated or lost his train of thought, and this also made Trump seem more presidential.

What was interesting in the focus group is that Covid-19 has given Trump cover for policy failures, with respondents saying Trump was doing a good job until blindsided by the pandemic.

So with a more presidential Trump being given a pass on policy, this must be a good night's work for The Donald.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408

HYUFD said:
    To toot my own horn, as predicted, Biden's frailty was exposed without Trump jumping into fill the gaps whenever Biden hesitated or lost his train of thought, and this also made Trump seem more presidential.

What was interesting in the focus group is that Covid-19 has given Trump cover for policy failures, with respondents saying Trump was doing a good job until blindsided by the pandemic.

So with a more presidential Trump being given a pass on policy, this must be a good night's work for The Donald.
    That middle one, people are referring to the stock market. People are going to say the same about our domestic clown, without any peg to hang the hat.
This discussion has been closed.