Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB remains an odds-on favourite to win most votes at EURO

Comments

• Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    @AN1 When was the Northwest passage ever open to shipping?!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    The interesting thing is if the Atlantic in particular warms (as a whole) then the heat which is brought to Britain from the internal cycles could dip, leading to generally colder winters. This would lead to more demand for fuel and so forth.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    edited March 2013
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1343/#Comment_1343

There is a huge gap between the number of comment page views being recorded by Vanilla and the overall numbers for the site. If a user doesn't click the comments link then that is not recorded on Vanilla.

This is very important to me because it is the traffic through Vanilla that will determine the tariff that we are charged not PB's overall page views. If it was the latter then we well exceed the traffic level for the $549 a month price band.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    @Mike

Is Dave clicking on the comments?
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    @SouthamObserver
    "I believe Leveson was set up by this country's Conservative Prime Minister."

Everyone saw with their own eyes a year's worth of relentless pressure for Leveson from Labour, LDs and the BBC.

No pressure, no Leveson.
  • Options
    Socrates:
    There is some evidence of ancient Chinese sailors being able to use it, and potentially some Vikings too. The evidence is very sparse, debatable and dubious!
    OTOH, no-one knows what it was like, say, 10,000 yrs ago (ie pre last Ice Age)
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    @NickPalmer

A good summary of the poor flow in vanilla, though as people were adapting to new-disqus, then they will adapt to this also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    On topic: UKIP seem to be having a very good conference in Exeter Uni, with c 1000 attendees - based on Twitter feeds.
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    @DrSven

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1343/#Comment_1343

I think you misread OGH's comment. It's not that we have fewer antagonists here, mainly that fewer post.

Building a financial solution based upon membership - and at disqUS there were probably shy of 2K of us - is not sustainable. [Yuk, greenie from One's mouth.] With Vanilla OGH and Son have to validate the cost of infrastructure, posts and moderation.

There are (probably) less than three-score-and-ten regular posters - or a couple of hundredweight if you include Wee-Timmy and his alter-egos - which would make financing this site difficult. Unless, like as 'Think Defence' has done*, this site finds a white-knight, the problems will continue....

* Storage solution, © Think Defence 2013
    A big thank you to everyone that has persevered and a special thanks to Oliver at Defense Industry Daily who offered me some space on their hardware.
    Big cheer for Defence Industry Daily! Yay!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Plato That's an excellent article on immigration. Particularly this bit:

But it has also resulted in too many areas in which ethnic minorities lead almost segregated lives — notably in the northern ‘mill towns’ and other declining industrial regions, which in the Sixties and Seventies attracted one of the most clannish minorities of modern times, rural Kashmiri Pakistanis.

In Leicester and Bradford, almost half of the ethnic population live in what are technically ghettos (defined as areas where minorities form more than two-thirds of the population). Meanwhile, parts of white working-class Britain have been left feeling neither valued nor useful, believing that they have been displaced by newcomers not only in the job market but also in the national story itself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297776/SATURDAY-ESSAY-Why-Left-epic-mistake-immigration.html

When immigrants are a small minority in an area, they feel socially pressured to fit in with their neighbours, and their kids are immersed in the mainstream culture at school. When they form a majority, they try to recreate the culture from back home and that causes a lot of tension.

I also note the specific reference to "the most clannish minorities of modern times, rural Kashmiri Pakistanis". It is indeed obvious to anyone not immersed in PC thinking that some minority groups, in the aggregate, have been more problematic than others. However, pointing this out gets you labelled as a racist, even if you go at lengths to stress it's all to do with culture and nothing to do with biology, and that there are a great many decent individuals within the group.
  • Options
    Listening to Tim and others try to shift the pressing onto Cameron is beyond parody. Miliband got into bed with Grant and he blew it - pun intended:)
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    test
  • Options
    Oops meant to say press law not pressing.
  • Options
    RicardohosRicardohos Posts: 258
    Quoting Simon Heffer in support of any viewpoint is risky though he has an ironic barometrical usage. Rather like Dennis Healey, on the basis of what opinion he spouts, the opposite will usually be true.
  • Options
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1359/#Comment_1359

Spot on Polpstar. Global warming means that these islands will get much colder because of a cooling of the gulfstream because of melting artic water.
  • Options
    There has been a huge gap between our ruling elite’s views and those of ordinary people on the street. This was brought home to me when dining at an Oxford college and the eminent person next to me, a very senior civil servant, said: ‘When I was at the Treasury, I argued for the most open door possible to immigration [because] I saw it as my job to maximise global welfare not national welfare.’

UKIP should put that quote on every leaflet.
  • Options
    @Tim I forgot - pointless telling you anything - when it's Miliband in the dock you don't want to know.
  • Options
    "Global warming means that these islands will get much colder because of a cooling of the gulfstream because of melting artic water."

So these islands will get colder because of global warming *or* because of global cooling.

There's a good compromise.

So either way it's a shame the EU is making us shut down all the power stations then.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    edited March 2013
    @Mikesmithson

Re your post and where people must click to register correct traffic to site. I read this to be the title of the thread, so comments can be viewed. If this is so, why don't you add in brackets, click to read comments here after the thread title.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    And when it comes to alienating core voters

tim, when you are spending too much as a government there are always going to have to be losers as you try to redress the balance

You keep saying (I think) that pensioner perks should be taken away, which would alienate core voters. It would be wrong to focus all the cuts on the poorest in society; the richest are making a substantial contribution through a rise in tax rates from 40% to 45% and various other tax increases.

More generally, the attitude underlying the article you referenced is deeply frustrating. It implies the way to win elections is to figure out target groups and fling money at them to win their support. In the world where I operate that's called bribery. Far better to focus on good government and trying to do your best for the country as a whole
  • Options
    @Tim
    "You haven't a clue what you're talking about" There we have it the timbot version of rational argument.
  • Options
    @Stodge,Lucian, other desperate punters....

Anybody seeking a bit of betting activity on a pretty barren Saturday should turn to Southwell, which stages an excellent card.

The best Polytrack horse around, Dubawi Hills, runs in the the 3.10 and if it doesn't get snowballs in its hooves should trot up. It's only 6/4 but probably value at that price. If you are greedy, like me, you might like to go for the straight forecast with Dock Of The Bay. It will pay nicely if it comes in.

Linroyale Boy should win the 2.00, and even at 9/4 is worth a few bob.

Man Of My Word at 5/1 is probably best value in a wide open race at 2.35.

In the 4.50, Conas Ata Tu has been backed heavily this morning and it is easy to see why. There is probably still some value left at 3/1.

Good luck if you follow me in.
  • Options
    MBoyMBoy Posts: 104
    Jesus, PB this morning reads like the comment pagers of The Telegraph! Dont the anti-science trolls have a fox hunt they're supposed to be on?
  • Options
    Nick is right. Threads are too long for a discussion to be coherent without some reply function.
  • Options
    @Mike Smithson. Frankly, while there's some early stage theories, I don't think there is a strong evidence case for what would happen to the British Isles should the Earth warm significantly.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    I don't know why people are so concerned by this press regulator stuff. It will happen, most press will sign up to it and it should work ok. Of course the press don't like it, as it is not the PCC which was a waste of time.
  • Options
    MBoy
    "Dont the anti-science trolls have a fox hunt they're supposed to be on?"

You're a step behind. The new line is global warming is making this country colder so either way the debate should be about what needs to be done about that.
  • Options
    I can see UKIP getting 24% in Euro Elections 2014 but falling to around 7% in GE2015. However they will get into double figures in several Con/LD marginals resulting in seats being held by LDs just like Eastleigh was or even gaining a few Con/LD marginals. Yes LD gaining seats due to losing less votes there than Cons lose!
  • Options
    @Southam Observer

My understanding was that it was being put out for consultation rather than all the details being worked out.

However, the concepts being floated included primary residences only, no BTL, max value (I think) of the property of c. £650,000. I suppose you'll need to be careful about people buying a basement flat/mews and a house at the same time and claiming the smaller value as primary residence but there must be a way to draft around related transactions (as they do with stamp duty)

That said, reflating the housing bubble is not a good idea. But let's criticise it based on the policy rather than some rich/poor garbage, ok?
  • Options
    samsam Posts: 727
    edited March 2013
    Nigel Farage (@Nigel_Farage)
    23/03/2013 10:14
    BBC News - Analysis: What is the secret of UKIP's appeal?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21904203

• Options
    David Goodhart's book can be bought here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-British-Dream-Successes-Immigration/dp/1843548054

Goodhart concludes that if Britain is to avoid a narrowing of the public realm and sharply segregated cities, as in many parts of the US, its politicians and opinion leaders must do two things. Firstly, as advocated by the centre right, they need to bring immigration down to more moderate and sustainable levels. Secondly, as advocated by the centre left, they need to shape a progressive national story about openness and opportunity - one that captures how people of different traditions are coming together to make the British dream.

I would argue as part of his second point that we should also reflect on Britain's past progress, such as it's history of limiting arbitrary government power, the expansion of the franchise, abolitionism etc within Britain's "national story". I would also add a third part: refocusing immigration we do get to mainly consist of people that are most likely to integrate: the wealthy, the high-skilled, the democratic minded etc.
  • Options
    hucks67
    "I don't know why people are so concerned by this press regulator stuff."

It's where it ends more than where it starts.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Lucian_Fletcher

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1388/#Comment_1388
    Nick is right. Threads are too long for a discussion to be coherent without some reply function.
    No, you are too impatient. The API will support more than this site had with disqUS. All we have to do is wait, quietly, for Junior (and others) to tweek the templates.

http://vanillaforums.org/docs

And then - if it is affordable - OGH will give-the-nod. If not; a new system will beckon....
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    @Peter_the_Punter 11.21

Well You've been good to me before so I've emptied my meagre remaining balance on your selections. Good luck to all
  • Options
    @tim 11:24

Ain't democracy great?

Just because George is doing it it doesn't make it right

• Options
    MBoy
    Fox-hunting season ended on 1st Feb. Do keep up!
  • Options
    Lucky 15 with Peter it is! Thanks for giving me something to watch. Though I would probably have watched anyway, I feel I now have a chance of winning!
  • Options
    Re http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1393/#Comment_1393

I think that's a good analysis. It's precisely what is happening in local by-elections at the moment where the LDs are picking up CON seats because of the leakage to Ukip.

I asked a pollster the other day whether he thought that Ukip switchers would return at GE2015. He said that some would, of course, but enough would remain to really damage the Tories.
  • Options
    Interesting feature from Vanilla:

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/configuration-dashboardforumsettingsspam
    The Spam table contains the following columns:

+ Only Allow Each User To Post - The max number of posts ranging from 1-30.
    + Within - How many seconds ranging from 30-240.
    + Spamblock - The amount of time to block a user who is potentially spamming ranging from 1-10.

You can also determine the Max Comment Length, the default setting is 8000.
    May reduce OGH's costs somewhat, no...?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    @MikeSmithson Do you think the majority of lurkers head here for the betting tips or just as a good resource on current affairs. Theres often alot of good betting tips in the comments tbh...
  • Options
    I think the lurkers come here for polling news more than the betting information.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Golly - what are the Kippers thinking of - Paul McMullen - the caricature of sleazy tabloid hack is their press officer in Dover and Jon Gaunt who was behind the Plebgate Police Fed campaign is now a celebrity joiner?
  • Options
    RT @TelegraphNews: #Ukip courts Tories with £13,000 tax break for stay-home mothers http://soa.li/Kv5JGUV

How can you have a tax break if you don't work and therefore pay tax? Kippers are indulging in even more nonsense than before.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Is this the first time Mandelson tells the truth?

“I can’t quite remember which member of the government it was who claimed to have abolished boom and bust. Well, we abolished boom!”
  • Options
    'Nigel Farage speech to #ukipexeter2013 coming up shortly, live on @BBCNews' chrismason
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @MikeSmithson - surely UK Polling Report is the place for entirely neutral polling analysis - and non-partisan commentary.

I can't think of one that is that is more.
  • Options
    RT @ChrisMasonBBC: Bloke dressed as a rabbit here, with note taped to his back saying 'I'm hopping mad about Europe!' #ukipexeter2013 http://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/315435518777237504/photo/1
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This should - probably - belong in the initial [excused the actual original] thread Junior created post-disqUS+....

http://vanillaforums.com/tour/your-users-curate-and-reveal-the-best-stuff-to-your-new-visitors

https://images.v-cdn.net/vfcom/tour-reactions.png

And for Wee-Timmy's posts...?

https://images.v-cdn.net/vfcom/tour-report-spam.png

Is it worth the money though...?
  • Options
    A little factoid seen elsewhere - there were more delegates at the Scots Young Tories conf than at the main Scots LDs conf.

Are we seeing a bit of a revival?
  • Options
    "Bloke dressed as a rabbit here, with note taped to his back saying 'I'm hopping mad about Europe!"

Furries. Any excuse.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Farage is very good if not my cup of tea on BBC24.

He's rather too strident for my liking - I feel a bit uncomfortable with his rhetoric. It reminds me of the Freedom Party bloke in Borgen.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    @Socrates Labour's immigration policy was formulated to import their new voters, to undermine the traditional British culture, damage pride in national historic achievements and to keep wages down in a debt-fuelled economy.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    O/T What a time to be away from hone :-(

I love snow and there's at least 8" lying snow with 1 - 2' drifts nearby and 2-3' drifts where we normally take the dog for a walk. It's still snowing as well.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,997
    MikeSmithson at 11:59AM posted
    "I think the lurkers come here for polling news more than the betting information."

Well, that's certainly my prime interest, although I'm beginning to think more about gambling!
  • Options
    @Blue_Rog

Hopefully you still have power - there are 10000s knocked out which must be hideous.

Reports of 10' drifts elsewhere! I'm nr Eastbourne and we've seen nothing bar a very chilly wind.
  • Options
    RT @RobertEJWatts: #ukip biggest cheer at Nigel Farage's conference speech: I will do no deal with the Tories while they are led by David Cameron
  • Options
    " more delegates at the Scots Young Tories conf than at the main Scots LDs conf. In my day people flocked to young CON events for interests other than politics.
  • Options
    @Fenster
    "Whether the UK crash was caused by global forces, the banks or Brown's policies the people will still have to pay for it. And a brave politician would suggest why shouldn't we pay for it, when it was most of us who spent the five years prior to the crash spending money we hadn't earned yet.

I know I did."

That's a fair enough moral argument on its own but the thing is the public can't create giant credit bubbles. They can't demand 125% mortgages off their own bat and force the banks to give it to them. The banks have to decide first and then offer. The analogy would be should pub landlords be responsible for someone drink driving. I think saying it should all be down to personal responsibility is a reasonable argument.

However doing that distracts everyone from why was there a giant credit bubble in the first place and that matters because the deflationary spirals that kick in after a giant credit bubble bursts and all the economic and political turmoil that follows is part of why you get world wars.

So unless you're okay with a world war every 70-80 years then the question needs to be asked: what causes giant credit bubbles?

Attempts at getting the public to self-flaggelate - even if it's partly reasonable in itself -distract from that question.
  • Options
    @MikeSmithson

" In my day people flocked to young CON events for interests other than politics."

And that was when Rinka was still chasing sticks? ;^)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1413/#Comment_1413

UK Polling report run by the deputy head of polling for YouGov - i.e. not independent.

EDIT. This is something that really annoys some other polling firms.

• Options
    @Hucks

But "people" are not concerned, not in the least.

It is the Press that is concerned. And of course it blames the Government, and the Luvvies, and the Liberal Left, indeed anybody but itself.

Somehow I don't feel my democratic freedoms are in any way encroached upon by the modest restrictions imposed by the new legislation, but then I never really felt the Press was doing much to defend those freedoms in the first place.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    BBC News - Analysis: What is the secret of UKIP's appeal?

That's easy.They are opposed to all the lies spouted on the BBC.
  • Options
    MBoy I'm a Labour supporter and sceptical on anthropogenic global warming. Actually I'm a sceptic on a global warming trend now, regardless of the cause, as the scientific data to back it is sketchy.

There's a lot of bad science behind the AGW movement which has nothing to do with one's political affiliations.

Oh, and I'm anti fox hunting.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,339
    Another point on topic - even if the Sun doesn't endorse UKIP, I'd have thought there's a strong possibility that the Express will. They are openly for EU withdrawal and I'd guess their reader profile is a pretty good fit for UKIP. It's not widely-read these days, but it's another way they can keep their bandwagon on the road.

And yes, I suspect that the next election may be a nasty one to win - steering between the Scylla of 5 more years of drift and the Charybdis of, say, quintupled bank rate will take some doing.
  • Options
    @seanT

There have always been folk with more money than sense!
  • Options
    @OldKingCole

Think some more about gambling.

These days, most betting markets are very efficient, which means you either have to be very good, or happy with a small return on high turnover, or both.

Political betting remains an exception. Witness how many PB followers cleaned upon Eastleigh.

The only trouble with political betting is the lack of markets. If there were more, I wouldn't bother with anything else.
  • Options
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    These days, most betting markets are very efficient, which means you either have to be very good, or happy with a small return on high turnover, or both.

Agree with that, I go for the high turnover with around 6% ROI. I only back draws these days as it's the one market that is underbet.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @MikeSmithson

UKPollingReport may be run by a YouGov employee - but are you really saying that its not as or more impartial than PB which routinely favours ICM? And is recently highly hostile to the Tories?
  • Options
    Peter_2Peter_2 Posts: 146
    Of course weather is not climate. Except of course when we have mild winters or hot (sic) summers.Then it is proof of global warming. Of course.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,090
    "And yes, I suspect that the next election may be a nasty one to win - steering between the Scylla of 5 more years of drift and the Charybdis of, say, quintupled bank rate will take some doing."

Indeed and that wasn't in the Labour masterplan was it.

Which rather assumed that the coalition would sort out the economy by doing all the unpopular things thus allowing Labour to have another decade in government after 2015 spending money like a chav lottery winner again.

• Options
    And we think we have problems

"BEIJING (AP) — Hailstorms that hit southern China this week have killed 12 people, injured hundreds more and caused tens of millions of dollars in damage.

The official Xinhua News Agency says nine people were killed in the city of Dongguan in southern Guangdong province after a Wednesday hailstorm. It says 272 others were injured from the storm, which caused economic losses of 357 million yuan ($57.5 million).

Three other people died from hailstorms that began Tuesday in neighboring Hunan province, where 1,900 houses have collapsed, according to Xinhua's report Saturday.

Southern China has seen thunderstorms, hurricanes and hailstorms in the past few days. China's Meteorological Administration says the severe weather is expected to continue through the weekend."
  • Options
    @Lucian_Fletcher

Good luck, Lucian.

Sorry about missing you at Cheltenham. Didn't pick up the email until too late. How did it it go for you?

Day Four was certainly the most 'punter friendly'. It got me out of trouble, and meant that my '27 predictions' showed a small profit to a level stake over the four days - not bad, if I say so myself.
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited March 2013
    It would seem that PB2's resident F1 expert has overslept this morning with no post qualification piece on the Malaysian Grand Prix having appeared, so here's my two penny worth.

Lewis Hamilton finished 4th and will therefore start on the second row of the grid. Although an unlikely winner, the odds of 14/1 on offer from Stan James looked good value especially when combined with an ew bet on him, i.e. achieving a podium finish, paying one fifth of these odds.

In effect this means that should he finish 2nd or 3rd, the bet would return 3.8 units, a 90% profit on the 2.0 units staked.

As ever do your own research.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Nigel Farrage before Millipede in the news order on BBC's Radio FM4
  • Options
    @SeanT

I agree about the work ethic of many asians. It is no surprise that countries where hard work is rewarded and valued are more successful economically.

It is a rebalancing of the world.
  • Options
    Danedream in foal to Frankel. I know not everything is genetics but unless it comes out with 3 legs that will be a valuable wee thing.
  • Options
    "Christ on an icicle, I've just seen the weather forecast for Europe."

If there is cooling not flat-lining then this country is so ****ed unless things are put into reverse quick.
  • Options
    Yes I do believe ICM is the best pollster because of its record - not because it pays my salary.

I like Anthony Wells a lot and have known him since he worked for Michael Howard when he was Tory leader. But it would be hard for him to criticise his firm's methodology in the way that I sometimes do.

• Options
    redcliffe62redcliffe62 Posts: 342
    edited March 2013
    Alex is not the leader of the all party Yes campaign, Blair is. Dave is not the leader of the No campaign, Alistair is.
    Therefore Blair needs to debate Alistair, and Alex or perhaps Nicola should perhaps debate Dave or Nick as they lead the parliaments but they do not lead the campaigns.
    Clearly Alistair should not debate Alex, or Blair debate Dave, as one is the leader of a campaign and one is a leader of one of the many groups that supports Yes, including the Greens and the SSP.
    An attempt to make it a joint Unionist argument under a Labour politician as Tories are toxic against solely the SNP will not work despite the MSM's efforts.
  • Options
    @Peter_the_Punter - who/what exactly does your new avatar depict? Whatever, it's a lot more fun than that rather odd picture of someone (you?) seated at a table.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    @MrJones: It's when you see european glaciers start to strengthen and thicken that you have to start worrying.
  • Options
    Ed doing another no notes talkathon.
  • Options
    Wow - serious snowblocks in Cumbria

Stick with it - at 2:28 the snow depth is about 3ft

http://www.channel4.com/news/winter-storms-continue-as-woman-who-died-in-landslde-named
  • Options
    @Lucian_Fletcher - By around this time next year, we should be seeing the first offspring of "Sea The Stars" starting to race ..... can't wait.
  • Options
    redcliffe62redcliffe62 Posts: 342
    I was polled by Reachtel in Oz today. I was essentially asked if Queensland state owned utilities like electricity and water were privatised which is against public sentiment would I change my vote from the Liberals (Tories here) to Labor? Smart to ask before one does it?
  • Options
    "It's when you see european glaciers start to strengthen and thicken that you have to start worrying."

The economic suicide bill was already economic suicide just with flat-lining and we were already looking at blackouts just with flat-lining - so i think people will be screaming a bit sooner than that.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited March 2013
    I am delighted to be rid of the "like" & "dislike" buttons, but JackW's idea at 8:46AM for a "noted" button is, I reckon, a good one and might increase PB's efficiency. Also the type size and look are really good, just like the old days.

test edit: great.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21910180
    Those Cumbria drifts on here too. Amazing for March. Regardless of one's position on AGW this is one hell of a cold month. It will go down in the annals to be talked about in years to come: 'do you remember March 2013'. That's empirical, it really is cold for the time of year.
  • Options
    @peter_from_putney 1.15

I believe it is a happy/ecstatic Snoopy [a beagle] from the Charlie Brown cartoon strip
  • Options
    Laughable rhetoric from EdM - who does he think is falling for this bar core vote Tory haters?

RT @RobertWinfield2: Ed Miliband talking about lost decade as though the last Labour government did not burden future generations with unsustainable debt?
  • Options
    1:24PM Tom that is a great idea. Just indicate the time of the post to reply.
  • Options
    1:28PM "Tory haters" make up a bigger proportion of the electorate than CON lovers.
  • Options
    @Ricardohos - 'do you remember March 2013'

You forgot to add the words "when the country ran out of gas"
  • Options
    @Peter_from_Putney

That 'rather odd picture' was me, looking rather cool I thought.

the beagle is of course Snoopy, in a happy mood.

Should there be any demand, I can of course replace it with one of myself relaxing at home.

• Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    OGH at 1:30PM:
    Yep. The one-to-one correlation had been lost under Disqus and was driving us all BONKERS. It was like living in a world without causality.
  • Options
    I blame that f-ing groundhog for predicting an early spring.
  • Options
    @Peter_the_Punter - No, no please stay with Snoopy.

Glad you liked mine, complete with monocle ..... very fetching imo.
This discussion has been closed.