Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The latest Opinium poll has Starmer beating Johnson on thirtee

1235»

Comments

• Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721
    Nigelb said:
    Does anybody have a recommendation of where to get a reusable face mask.
    Effective, comfortable not too expensive and available would be nice.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,270
    edited July 2020
    dixiedean said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

So why is Starmer not wearing a mask ?

it's an old picture
    How old ?

If it was taken in the last four months the infection rate was higher and there was even more reason for Starmer to wear a mask.
    Monday!

After his PR team told him that people had loved Farage being in a pub on Saturday, and that him posting pics of getting his hair shampooed weren't going to stop people thinking he was boring
    Rishi Sunak is boring. Definitely fails the "like to have a few jars with him" test. No way can people imagine themselves having a few jars with Rishi Sunak.
    I'd love to. Not only would he insist on getting every round in, but hed put enough behind the bar for next time and slip you a twenty for a kebab and cab home.
    Mmm. But he will one day come knocking for a "favour" and then like Enzo the baker you will be stuffed.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,173

She's changed her tune (for the better) - now talking about "Suppression" not "Elimination":

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/status/1282227952470687745?s=20

I assume she knows the difference.

Professor of Global Public Health.
    'If you give it nowhere to go by aggressively going after it, making sure whoever has it is isolated, then it'll burn itself out.'
    Presumably talking globally.

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,950
    tlg86 said:

isam said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

If it was taken in the last four months the infection rate was higher and there was even more reason for Starmer to wear a mask.
    Monday!

After his PR team told him that people had loved Farage being in a pub on Saturday, and that him posting pics of getting his hair shampooed weren't going to stop people thinking he was boring
    Rishi Sunak is boring. Definitely fails the "like to have a few jars with him" test. No way can people imagine themselves having a few jars with Rishi Sunak.
    Well, he doesn't drink, but I think he is quite smooth actually - Keir is a proper stiff, he sounds like he is doing an impression of a nerd!
    Do you ever have a good word about SKS ?
    SKS will be supporting the correct team at 16:30?
    There both mediocre at best at the moment.
    But I think Arsenal have better future prospects compared to Spurs.Who seem to be going backwards. Also not a great time to open a new stadium.
    That's what the "experts" on the Sunday Supplement were saying this morning. Come 18:30, if Spurs have won, then it'll be the other way around.
    Whatever the result, I am more than happy to take our players and Arteta over Spurs' current squad and Mourinho.

Ceballos is quality, and the young kids, esp Saka are a breath of fresh air

Spurs in such bad form though that this would be a good time for them to play us, they arent as bad as they have been playing recently surely?
    I'm not sure Spurs are in that bad form. Drawing at Bournemouth is pretty poor, but look what happened to Chelsea at Sheff Utd yesterday.

We have improved, winning at Wolves was very impressive. But I'm not very confident today.
    They were horrendous at Sheff U and home to Everton. I think we are the better team now, first time I have been able to say that in years. Today is a toss up, any result could happen.

So glad they got rid of Poch and bringing in Jose the mercenary was perfect. Them not winning the Champions League in the year my son was born was also a huge relief!
  • Options
    isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

Well, he doesn't drink, but I think he is quite smooth actually - Keir is a proper stiff, he sounds like he is doing an impression of a nerd!
    Well I disagree. I can picture myself having a ploughman's in a country pub with Keir Starmer. Once it's safe.
    All yours!
    I bet when you see us you'll try to share the table even though others are free.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

and yet the public don't seem to agree with you. It's almost as if the public are seeing through Johnson's vacuous waffle and looking for a proper leader.
    On Personality, Boris leads Starmer by more than thirty points, so I am not sure the public, if that's what you call opinion poll panels, disagree with me at all
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,273

Nigelb said:
    I got one from here:

https://www.thebigbloomerscompany.co.uk/collections/face-masks

Don't laugh, it's good. Whether it comes up to the standards being talked about in the article you linked I have no idea.

@Charles mentioned the following in a discussion we had about this the other day:

https://www.virustaticshield.com/

I have ordered one as an additional spare and/or better solution (not cheap though).
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,472

I've heard a lot from Bridgen about Brexit and why we need folk the calibre of Rees-Mogg leading us, I don't remember anything from him about one in eight of the people walking the streets in Leicester East being a slave. Maybe looking in the wrong places.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1282274787012812801?s=20

Because attempting raise it before would have resulted in a charge of racism against him, and a serious attempt to get him thrown out of politics.

See Rotherham et al.
    Nick Griffin was and is a racist, I assume your not suggesting that about Bridgen? Do you think that's also a get out clause for the Labour pols that seemed to be getting a wheen of blame from wee Andy?.
    That is a stupid comment - and quite revealing.

The Rotherham coverup included attacks on all the mainstream politicians and journalists who tried to reveal the problem.

The coverup which gave Nick Griffin and the other scumbags their biggest opportunity in decades.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    isam said:

tlg86 said:

isam said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

But I think Arsenal have better future prospects compared to Spurs.Who seem to be going backwards. Also not a great time to open a new stadium.
    That's what the "experts" on the Sunday Supplement were saying this morning. Come 18:30, if Spurs have won, then it'll be the other way around.
    Whatever the result, I am more than happy to take our players and Arteta over Spurs' current squad and Mourinho.

Spurs in such bad form though that this would be a good time for them to play us, they arent as bad as they have been playing recently surely?
    I'm not sure Spurs are in that bad form. Drawing at Bournemouth is pretty poor, but look what happened to Chelsea at Sheff Utd yesterday.

We have improved, winning at Wolves was very impressive. But I'm not very confident today.
    They were horrendous at Sheff U and home to Everton. I think we are the better team now, first time I have been able to say that in years. Today is a toss up, any result could happen.

So glad they got rid of Poch and bringing in Jose the mercenary was perfect. Them not winning the Champions League in the year my son was born was also a huge relief!
    To be honest it was a shame Poch did not win a trophy at his time there.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

isam said:

Yorkcity said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

I don't dislike him, I just think he comes across as boring and nerdy, and that is a major hurdle for someone who wants to become PM from opposition to face. The only PMs we have had recently who were devoid of charisma were Brown and May, and they didn't get there via public vote.

If I had to say a good word for him, I'd probably say he seems like a nice, honest person who means well. I liked Ed Miliband, I was rooting for him, and Starmer is quite similar - I guess the difference is that everyone slaughtered Ed and loves Keir which I don't get at all, so I argue against it - they are the same.
    I think many people could see SKS as PM .
    Whereas they could not with Milliband, Kinnock.
    English voters especially, seem to like an English barrister as PM, as they did with Blair.
    I know he could be described as a Scot but was perceived as English.

SKS is reassuring in a way that Corbyn was not.
    Yes all that is quite true, Starmer looks like someone who could play the role of PM in a film. Everyone is entltled to their opinion, I would like to be convinced to vote Labour, my family always do and I always did. I just don't think Starmer has the charisma to get people voting for him over Boris, and I think a charismatic LotO is vital
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,173
    geoffw said:

She's changed her tune (for the better) - now talking about "Suppression" not "Elimination":

Professor of Global Public Health.
    'If you give it nowhere to go by aggressively going after it, making sure whoever has it is isolated, then it'll burn itself out.'
    Presumably talking globally.

Ah no, she accepts you need border controls. So as an advisor to the Scottish government it follows that ...

• Options
    Yorkcity said:

isam said:

tlg86 said:

isam said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

tlg86 said:

Yorkcity said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

To be honest it was a shame Poch did not win a trophy at his time there.
    Yeah, just as long at it wasn't the Prem or the CL!
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,189

I've heard a lot from Bridgen about Brexit and why we need folk the calibre of Rees-Mogg leading us, I don't remember anything from him about one in eight of the people walking the streets in Leicester East being a slave. Maybe looking in the wrong places.

Because attempting raise it before would have resulted in a charge of racism against him, and a serious attempt to get him thrown out of politics.

See Rotherham et al.
    Nick Griffin was and is a racist, I assume your not suggesting that about Bridgen? Do you think that's also a get out clause for the Labour pols that seemed to be getting a wheen of blame from wee Andy?.

The Rotherham coverup included attacks on all the mainstream politicians and journalists who tried to reveal the problem.

The coverup which gave Nick Griffin and the other scumbags their biggest opportunity in decades.
    I note you didn't answer the second question.
    By your own theory of poor, frightened politicians scared to act on principle, surely after the much publicised 'coverups' the last few years would have been an ideal time to show a bit of backbone, yet not a peep until now..
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

and yet the public don't seem to agree with you. It's almost as if the public are seeing through Johnson's vacuous waffle and looking for a proper leader.
    On Personality, Boris leads Starmer by more than thirty points, so I am not sure the public, if that's what you call opinion poll panels, disagree with me at all
    What poll was that? Can you give the detail?

I think you'll find that views of your beloved Boris have totally collapsed in recent weeks.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

IanB2 said:

isam said:

Misleading to say that more people consider Keir Starmer likeable than do Boris Johnson.

The question was "to what extent do you agree that xxx xxx is likeable"

40% said they agreed with that statement for Boris, and 40% said so for Starmer (although more said they "strongly agreed" for Boris so he edges it)

The don't know/don't cares were 23% for Boris and 39% for Starmer.

Boris is considered "brave" by more people (35/30), yet the net score favours Starmer. Nonsense if you are using it to think about who might win more votes!

I don't think it's the net score that matters, but the positives. Ed Miliband was more likeable than Nigel Farage, but was a less successful leader of his party

If two mates were on the pull, and walked into a bar where one was considered attractive by 40% , ugly by 40% and 20% had no opinion, they would be better off than the other being considered attractive by 30% ugly by 28% with 42% not caring, despite the net score favouring the latter

That does depend on there being no correlation between not caring or knowing and not voting.
    And not caring and having sex I suppose.
    Isam is assuming that voting is like making love to a beautiful woman.

Not sure it is myself. It's not your civic duty to make love to a beautiful woman.
    Speak for yourself!
    ☺ - CIVIC duty.
    L’etat c’est moi?
    You can try that line but she'll probably be unimpressed.
    French can be a very romantic language
    Yes. But it only works its full magic on someone who doesn't understand it.
    Note to self: stop trying to pick up French chicks.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    edited July 2020
    isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

There was me thinking we were choosing a PM not an X-Factor winner. I do agree that Johnson wins on superficial characteristics, but loses on competence, leadership etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

What poll was that? Can you give the detail?

I think you'll find that views of your beloved Boris have totally collapsed in recent weeks.
    Sure IPSOS-MORI last month - I wrote a thread on it which you published!

https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/06/06/the-case-for-making-personality-ratings-a-good-electoral-indicator/

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    OllyT said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

There was me thinking we were choosing a PM not an X-Factor winner. I do agree that Johnson wins on superficial characteristics, but loses on competence, leadership etc.
    Thjat might be how you come to your choice, but for millions of other people it seems different

https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/06/06/the-case-for-making-personality-ratings-a-good-electoral-indicator/
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,265
    isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

That's fantastic news if one wants a Benny Hill character running our country for the next ten years.
  • Options

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

That's fantastic news if one wants a Benny Hill character running our country for the next ten years.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,334

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

He will not be there for 10 years, indeed I expect 2021 will see him go
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

I don't dispute you poll. A bar-leaning bore just isn't my idea of a personality.
  • Options

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

Not convinced!
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    https://www.flightradar24.com/51.34,-0.9/8

I noticed a lot of contrails in the sky when I went for a walk this morning. I think air traffic is going beginning to ramp up.
  • Options

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

Not convinced!

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

Not convinced!
    We will see in the fullness of time
  • Options

See Rotherham et al.

By your own theory of poor, frightened politicians scared to act on principle, surely after the much publicised 'coverups' the last few years would have been an ideal time to show a bit of backbone, yet not a peep until now..
    In the face of a system that is quite prepared to attempt to criminalise telling the truth?* Why should they?

*There was an attempt to create a law that would have made telling the truth about Rotherham a racist offence. Apparently, this was a complete accident and wasn't intended. Nothing to see there. No, sir.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

What Boris fanboy Isam has done here is taken just about the only positive number for his man in recent times and declared that that is the main criteria. In any case the data is now more than a month old
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

IanB2 said:

isam said:

Misleading to say that more people consider Keir Starmer likeable than do Boris Johnson.

40% said they agreed with that statement for Boris, and 40% said so for Starmer (although more said they "strongly agreed" for Boris so he edges it)

Boris is considered "brave" by more people (35/30), yet the net score favours Starmer. Nonsense if you are using it to think about who might win more votes!

I don't think it's the net score that matters, but the positives. Ed Miliband was more likeable than Nigel Farage, but was a less successful leader of his party

If two mates were on the pull, and walked into a bar where one was considered attractive by 40% , ugly by 40% and 20% had no opinion, they would be better off than the other being considered attractive by 30% ugly by 28% with 42% not caring, despite the net score favouring the latter

That does depend on there being no correlation between not caring or knowing and not voting.

Not sure it is myself. It's not your civic duty to make love to a beautiful woman.
    Speak for yourself!
    ☺ - CIVIC duty.
    L’etat c’est moi?
    Now that's where your (I assume) impeccable RP English can carry all before it. But with same caveat - that they have no clue what you're saying.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

What Boris fanboy Isam has done here is taken just about the only positive number for his man in recent times and declared that that is the main criteria. In any case the data is now more than a month old
    Try to leave the childish insults in their box Mike. I could bury you but I'd get banned, so play fair
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    NHS England regional case data out -

It may be weekend reporting effects but it looks like the Herefordshire spike is not ongoing. The column for yesterday is generally 0 in the data, but there are numbers elsewhere for the day before.

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,189

See Rotherham et al.

In the face of a system that is quite prepared to attempt to criminalise telling the truth?* Why should they?

*There was an attempt to create a law that would have made telling the truth about Rotherham a racist offence. Apparently, this was a complete accident and wasn't intended. Nothing to see there. No, sir.
    From Living Marxism through Toby 'Whiny' Young to rightwing randos, the conviction that truthtellers are penalised & persecuted is a strong and pervasive one.

You still haven't said whether Labour pols in Leicester are also off the hook.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721

Nigelb said:
    I got one from here:

https://www.thebigbloomerscompany.co.uk/collections/face-masks

Don't laugh, it's good. Whether it comes up to the standards being talked about in the article you linked I have no idea.

@Charles mentioned the following in a discussion we had about this the other day:

https://www.virustaticshield.com/

I have ordered one as an additional spare and/or better solution (not cheap though).
    Thanks, went for the 'washed charcoal' 2 pack from 'big bloomers'.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

See Rotherham et al.

From Living Marxism through Toby 'Whiny' Young to rightwing randos, the conviction that truthtellers are penalised & persecuted is a strong and pervasive one.

You still haven't said whether Labour pols in Leicester are also off the hook.
    There was persistent, documented and admitted effort to suppress the truth. Journalists were threatened.

All politicians knew and did nothing.

Personally, I would summon a drum head court martial and execute all of them.

As to Leicester - those who knew should be sent to enlarge Rockall into a major base for the Royal Navy. With teaspoons.

But that's me being liberal.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,989
    F1: post-race analysis of another thrilling finish to a race:
    https://enormo-haddock.blogspot.com/2020/07/styrian-grand-prix-post-race-analysis.html
  • Options
    Take that Spurs. Wow
  • Options

Take that Spurs. Wow

I think that was Xhaka-Laca-Boom
  • Options

I once went to such sweatshop (in a Midlands city, not Leicester). I was there for professional reasons. Never seen anything like it. It was quite a shock and me and the boss had to decide what to do once we had escaped and got back to the office. Tricky.
    What did you decide?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    No, no, no, no. Do not do this to us again Dems. Stop this talk now and get out there and find working class and rural shy Trumpers who don't talk to pollsters and hate the cancel/woke culture and talk to them about economics.
  • Options
    isam said:

Take that Spurs. Wow

Now level
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    isam said:

Take that Spurs. Wow

Parity restored! I backed Son first goalscorer at 9/1 too dammit
  • Options

Nigelb said:
    Virustatics isn’t cheap (£20 but reusable) but fits your other criteria
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

Charles said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

IanB2 said:

isam said:

Speak for yourself!
    ☺ - CIVIC duty.
    L’etat c’est moi?
    Now that's where your (I assume) impeccable RP English can carry all before it. But with same caveat - that they have no clue what you're saying.
    I prefer California Gurls myself. But my Queen’s English works 😊
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

Try to leave the childish insults in their box Mike. I could bury you but I'd get banned, so play fair
    Boris fanboy, an insult? I thought it was a lifestyle choice.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:
    OMG. I can't stand this. I can feel hope trying to walk through the front door and he's not invited.
  • Options

kinabalu said:
    OMG. I can't stand this. I can feel hope trying to walk through the front door and he's not invited.
    You just keep expecting the worst. Leave the supreme and well-founded confidence / reprehensible complacency < delete to taste > to me.
  • Options

kinabalu said:
    Biden is going to be a deeply mediocre president. The depressing thing is that is a meaningful upgrade right now
  • Options
    Charles said:

I once went to such sweatshop (in a Midlands city, not Leicester). I was there for professional reasons. Never seen anything like it. It was quite a shock and me and the boss had to decide what to do once we had escaped and got back to the office. Tricky.
    What did you decide?
    Not sure I can remember what we did. It was twenty years ago. I think we phoned the local council and left it with them.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,314
    edited July 2020
    I have come to the conclusion, having watched closely for the last four days, that there are just three problems with this England side.

These are (1) they can’t bat (2) they can’t bowl and (3) they can’t field.

(2) is the least serious problem as actually the bowling unit can do better than that, although Archer’s persistence in bowling short when he’s lethal bowling full is frustrating.

But if Butler is not dropped for Bracey (comparable keeper and much better red ball batsman) or Foakes (comparable red ball batsman and much better keeper) then the person who should be dropped, preferably from a great height, is Ed Smith.

And if England somehow contrive to win from here, the better side will definitely have lost.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101

Perhaps because you haven't looked:

Concerns over the ongoing situation of up to 10,000 garment workers in Leicester, who are feared to be trapped in conditions of modern slavery and paid £3 an hour, have been raised in Parliament.

Andrew Bridgen, MP for North West Leicestershire, raised a question on Tuesday about the continuing state of working conditions in factories supplying the UK’s booming fast fashion industry, and sought a meeting with business secretary Kelly Tolhurst for clarity over enforcement of the national minimum wage.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jan/23/national-shame-mp-sounds-alarm-over-uk-fast-fashion-factories
  • Options
    DoubleCarpetDoubleCarpet Posts: 706
    Hello all, hope you're all keeping well!

Polls close in Poland at 8pm BST and my prediction is that Duda will win the second round of the presidential election with 51.2% of the vote.

Thanks to Alastair for the recent article and apologies to everyone who has had a punt on Trzaskowski, but I will be absolutely amazed if Duda loses.

Always ready to be proved wrong of course!

Thanks

DC
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,352

NHS England regional case data out -

It may be weekend reporting effects but it looks like the Herefordshire spike is not ongoing. The column for yesterday is generally 0 in the data, but there are numbers elsewhere for the day before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-53381802

Up to 200 workers have been told to self-isolate on the farm where they pick crops after 73 colleagues tested positive for Covid-19.

Vegetable producers A S Green and Co, in Herefordshire, has gone into lockdown after the positive tests.

Food and other essential supplies are being delivered to the farm, where the workers have been segregated into the mobile homes they live in.

The firm is also being supported by Public Health England (PHE).

Herefordshire Council, which has organised the supply of deliveries, believes the outbreak is "contained" on the farm.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

As opposed to a Starmer fanboy tweeting unweighted subsamples to try to make his man look good.
  • Options

Perhaps because you haven't looked:

Concerns over the ongoing situation of up to 10,000 garment workers in Leicester, who are feared to be trapped in conditions of modern slavery and paid £3 an hour, have been raised in Parliament.

Andrew Bridgen, MP for North West Leicestershire, raised a question on Tuesday about the continuing state of working conditions in factories supplying the UK’s booming fast fashion industry, and sought a meeting with business secretary Kelly Tolhurst for clarity over enforcement of the national minimum wage.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jan/23/national-shame-mp-sounds-alarm-over-uk-fast-fashion-factories
    Now a good question would be what action did the ridiculous looking Kelly Tolhurst take after learning about the Leicester sweatshops.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,989
    Mr. Carpet, good to see you on, but as I've backed the other chap I hope you're wrong.
  • Options

Hello all, hope you're all keeping well!

Polls close in Poland at 8pm BST and my prediction is that Duda will win the second round of the presidential election with 51.2% of the vote.

Thanks to Alastair for the recent article and apologies to everyone who has had a punt on Trzaskowski, but I will be absolutely amazed if Duda loses.

Always ready to be proved wrong of course!

Thanks

DC

Duda can be backed at 1.38 right now.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,935
    Game on :D
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,900
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

OllyT said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

it's an old picture
    How old ?

Monday!

No. He has made a valid criticism of the article in your post, whereas your acusation of "childish insults" is itself a childish insult.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,030

LOL, unionists and green cheese, upset they don't have a decent spokesperson with the bollox to stand up to the Tory SS.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,935
    What do people reckon for Man City's CAS chances ?
This discussion has been closed.