Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Johnson’s Tories still ahead with Opinium but he’s a net 30% b

Comments

• Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,847
    edited June 2020
    eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

An alleged stabbing. Who knows. The beatings are bad enough

twitter.com/ANG83503664/status/1271888098616541189?s=20

I can see the narrative already. All the sundays carry the yob peeing next to the memorial to the killed police officer and carry lots of footage of the football holigans attacking the police earlier in the day. And there is widespread condemnation.

The ramble rousers will share around the videos of white individuals being beaten by black mob and say look at this and all the bias media talk about is the other stuff.

And next weekend back for round 2. Boris, Khan and Met need to close this down ASAP.
    Having now witnessed the reality of these riots, it is fascinating to compare them to what the MSM report

Like, for some of them, there seems to be some mystery as to whether BLM were even in Trafalgar Square or not.

This is farcical. I saw it with my own eyes. Several hundred angry protestors all carrying BLM-esque placards, and some of them were intent on horrible violence. I saw BLM supporters hunt down lone whites and attack them in quite cowardly ways: I saw it.

And it's not like I was the only observer. There were dozens of journalists, photographers, etc.

The TV lies, and the papers lie. I know this is not that shocking, but to do it this blatantly is remarkable: to me

Something seriously wrong with UK broadcast media at the moment. They all have become Corbynista's. It's pretty disgusting to see.
    Look at this. The Guardian's main report. It is just a series of lies, evasions, half truths and decoys from beginning to end

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/13/rightwing-protesters-clash-with-police-in-central-london

The painful fact is that by far the worst violence, today, came from BLM. They are the only side that hunted down people because of skin colour, they are the only side that tried to kill isolated victims.

None of this is mentioned. If you read this and decided to believe it, you would, in fact, think there was very little BLM presence in central London at all, whereas in fact there were many hundreds, and they wanted trouble. I saw it.

Look at these gems:

"One protester told the Guardian she was disappointed there had not been a bigger presence to oppose the presence of the far right. Weyman Bennett, the co-convenor of SUTR, said: “It’s a disgrace that the far right were allowed to be involved in thuggery and rioting,"

"The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, urged the people in Parliament Square to leave by the 5pm deadline set by the Metropolitan police under the Public Order Act.

He wrote on Twitter: “Everyone who intended to come to BLM protests today but didn’t has reduced the risk of confrontation with these extreme right-wingers, and the spread of Covid-19."

It's all a load of gaslighting bullshit. Khan is one of the worst offenders. I am angry.
    BLM were already protesting grievances.

The white supremacist thugs went looking for trouble to fight with BLM.

And you're blaming BLM for violence? Quelle surprise!
    I'm blaming both sides. The far-right and far-left are equally obnoxious IMO.
    That's fair enough Andy. eadric doesn't appear to be.
    Read my original comment on the prior thread. Both sides contained vile, thuggish elements, who came only for trouble. I condemn them both.

But the worst violence, today, as far as I can tell, came from BLM. That was my perception today as an eye-witness and it seems to be confirmed by video evidence since.

Perhaps it doesn't matter. We are staring into the abyss.

My beef with you is that you applauded the statue-toppling in Bristol, which was like lighting a match under dry tinder, and it has led to the fires we see now.

You're a fool.
    So the MoS front page picture of right-wing violence is misleading?
    Yes, I believe it is. I was there and watched. That doesn't make me infallible, but it does make me a more interesting resource than anyone else on here
    The important question is not whether you are an interesting source but whether you are a disinterested source.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    eadric said:

Scott_xP said:
    Do you even bother to read this bollocks before reposting it? Boris and Starmer's scores are exactly the same.
    That's unusual - the sitting PM usually has an advantage over the LotO.
    Chris Curtis of YouGov wrote

This is rare.

Of the 237 occasions we have run this question over the past decade, this has just happened three times - when Corbyn caught May in the months following the 2017 election.

Since David Cameron became PM the Tory PM has led this metric for a decade about from a couple of months after the 2017 election.

So out of the last 121 months, the Tory PM has led this metric for 119 months.

No wonder BluestBlue is upset.
    Devastated. It's going to kill us in the General Election next week...
    You do realise the last few times a PM has managed to trash their reputation like this (Gordon Brown, the election that never was, and Theresa May 2017, there's been no way back for the PM.)
    Neither of them had 4 years (or 4.5 years if we go for lucky December again) to turn things around either. Neither of them had already won a landslide majority in their own right.

But I hear you, we need a plan just in case things don't work out. So if the Tories are 10 points underwater in late 2023, we might consider giving the leadership to someone more popular (Sunak, etc). If they're 20+ points underwater, we switch to Sunak vel sim. AND give Scotland immediate independence so that their MPs disappear and our effective majority increases by 40.

It always pays to think ahead...
    Gordon Brown had the better part of three years, which is close to four years.
    Again, Boris won the biggest Tory landslide in decades. He is a proven winner and has the capacity to win again, and for that feat he's not going to lose my confidence any time soon.
    Come on, he does look feeble and rattled. I wish that weren't the case, but it is
    The country is facing about 3 existential crises at once, and Boris was in ICU only 2 months ago.

Anyone who can still function in the midst of all that is a titan, as far as I'm concerned. It takes a lot to shake my loyalty once I've given it to someone, and the present circumstances have only consolidated my attitude.

I get it, some people - normal people? - seem to re-evaluate their loyalties by the week. I take a long view.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,459
    eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

I can see the narrative already. All the sundays carry the yob peeing next to the memorial to the killed police officer and carry lots of footage of the football holigans attacking the police earlier in the day. And there is widespread condemnation.

The ramble rousers will share around the videos of white individuals being beaten by black mob and say look at this and all the bias media talk about is the other stuff.

And next weekend back for round 2. Boris, Khan and Met need to close this down ASAP.
    Having now witnessed the reality of these riots, it is fascinating to compare them to what the MSM report

Like, for some of them, there seems to be some mystery as to whether BLM were even in Trafalgar Square or not.

This is farcical. I saw it with my own eyes. Several hundred angry protestors all carrying BLM-esque placards, and some of them were intent on horrible violence. I saw BLM supporters hunt down lone whites and attack them in quite cowardly ways: I saw it.

And it's not like I was the only observer. There were dozens of journalists, photographers, etc.

The TV lies, and the papers lie. I know this is not that shocking, but to do it this blatantly is remarkable: to me

Something seriously wrong with UK broadcast media at the moment. They all have become Corbynista's. It's pretty disgusting to see.
    Look at this. The Guardian's main report. It is just a series of lies, evasions, half truths and decoys from beginning to end

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/13/rightwing-protesters-clash-with-police-in-central-london

The painful fact is that by far the worst violence, today, came from BLM. They are the only side that hunted down people because of skin colour, they are the only side that tried to kill isolated victims.

None of this is mentioned. If you read this and decided to believe it, you would, in fact, think there was very little BLM presence in central London at all, whereas in fact there were many hundreds, and they wanted trouble. I saw it.

Look at these gems:

"One protester told the Guardian she was disappointed there had not been a bigger presence to oppose the presence of the far right. Weyman Bennett, the co-convenor of SUTR, said: “It’s a disgrace that the far right were allowed to be involved in thuggery and rioting,"

"The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, urged the people in Parliament Square to leave by the 5pm deadline set by the Metropolitan police under the Public Order Act.

He wrote on Twitter: “Everyone who intended to come to BLM protests today but didn’t has reduced the risk of confrontation with these extreme right-wingers, and the spread of Covid-19."

It's all a load of gaslighting bullshit. Khan is one of the worst offenders. I am angry.

Read my original comment on the prior thread. Both sides contained vile, thuggish elements, who came only for trouble. I condemn them both.

But the worst violence, today, as far as I can tell, came from BLM. That was my perception today as an eye-witness and it seems to be confirmed by video evidence since.

My beef with you is that you applauded the statue-toppling in Bristol, which was like lighting a match under dry tinder, and it has led to the fires we see now.

You're a fool.
    Yes, I believe it is. I was there and watched. That doesn't make me infallible, but it does make me a more interesting resource than anyone else on here
    And you didn't take any pics or record any vids on your phone?
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,142
    Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

Charles said:

Ave_it said:

LAB still looking good for 2nd GE 2024. Not sure why we are worrying about opinion polls now.

Sort the Corona>deal with the hard left thugs>end the lockdown.

You haven't been paying attention, for months now Mike has been telling you the key metric for the next GE is the personal approval polling.
    He used to have a key metric that proved EICIPM
    Don't forget, the Tories need to be 11 points clear to win a majority of one...
    Or the HUUGGGEEEE personal votes LibDem MPs have.

And that Conservative MPs never get personal votes.
    Personal votes are rarer than people think. Lamb clearly had one, I think Farron has one too.
    Certainly so for that pair.

I think a competent MP should be able to get maybe a thousand personal votes.

But its usually easier to spot at local election levels.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,202

I get it, some people - normal people? - seem to re-evaluate their loyalties by the week.

Like BoZo with his wife

Or his other wife.

Or his mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his fiance.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,020
    edited June 2020

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    The important question is not whether you are an interesting source but whether you are a disinterested source.
    Eadric already reported much earlier in the day that he was observing both the BLM and the Right wing rally from a distance and giving his impressions of both. I see no reason to doubt his accounts as he was scathing of the EDL nutters and said that much of the BLM rally was peaceful but there were small elements of it which were very frightening.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,833
    algarkirk said:

Serious question: How is BLM movement getting on in the continent of Africa? At a glance both left and right wing media have ignored this rather crucial continent altogether. Anyone got any information?

https://twitter.com/ShikukuCalvin/status/1270102725158735874?s=09

There have been protests against police brutality in a number of countries. This is Nairobi.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    justin124 said:

Scott_xP said:
    Do you even bother to read this bollocks before reposting it? Boris and Starmer's scores are exactly the same.

This is rare.

Of the 237 occasions we have run this question over the past decade, this has just happened three times - when Corbyn caught May in the months following the 2017 election.

Since David Cameron became PM the Tory PM has led this metric for a decade about from a couple of months after the 2017 election.

I don't wish to worry you but we are now as close to Polling Day on 2nd May 2024 as to 25th July 2016 - ie a month beyond the EU Referendum and two weeks after Theresa May became PM!
    Don't forget though LD have won an election more recently than LAB (in terms of the substance of the outcome).

#layla2024?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

I get it, some people - normal people? - seem to re-evaluate their loyalties by the week.

Like BoZo with his wife

Or his other wife.

Or his mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his fiance.
    I think I'm finally beginning to understand the source of your deep-seated personal animus towards Boris... :lol:
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    Took loads.

If someone can tell me how to upload pix to PB I will do it. As long as it is easy. I'm tired and drained. Riots are emotionally exhausting
    You don't have a Twitter account? You can embed them via that.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Serious question: How is BLM movement getting on in the continent of Africa? At a glance both left and right wing media have ignored this rather crucial continent altogether. Anyone got any information?

There have been protests against police brutality in a number of countries. This is Nairobi.
    I thought Kenya was one of the more successful African countries.
  • Options

I think I'm finally beginning to understand the source of your deep-seated personal animus towards Boris...

I'm not unfaithful...
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    justin124 said:

Scott_xP said:

This is rare.

I don't wish to worry you but we are now as close to Polling Day on 2nd May 2024 as to 25th July 2016 - ie a month beyond the EU Referendum and two weeks after Theresa May became PM!
    Does't time pass quickly when you are having fin.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    Took loads.

If someone can tell me how to upload pix to PB I will do it. As long as it is easy. I'm tired and drained. Riots are emotionally exhausting
    You don't have a Twitter account? You can embed them via that.
    It has perhaps escaped your attention that I prefer to remain anonymous
    Excuses, excuses!
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Scott_xP said:

Like BoZo with his wife

Or his other wife.

Or his mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his fiance.
    Fiancee, unless you know something rather startling.

And that reads a tiny bit like the sort of thing an incel would post.
  • Options

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Kenya population

1990 23m
    2019 48m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Kenya

That will mean either very strong GDP growth or riots or both.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:

Like BoZo with his wife

Or his other wife.

Or his mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his other mistress.

Or his fiance.
    Fiancee, unless you know something rather startling.

And that reads a tiny bit like the sort of thing an incel would post.
    How many kids does Boris have? :lol:
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,340

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    So far every journalist's report I have found is unequivocally blaming far-right thugs for the violence.

They can't all be lying.
    All fake news, but it's all OK, we have our very own in house personification of Fox News, so the truth will out!
  • Options

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    Eadric already reported much earlier in the day that he was observing both the BLM and the Right wing rally from a distance and giving his impressions of both. I see no reason to doubt his accounts as he was scathing of the EDL nutters and said that much of the BLM rally was peaceful but there were small elements of it which were very frightening.
    Fair point, I accept he is trying to take a neutral view.

I just find it puzzling that he is clear the BLM side are most to blame for today's violence when all the journalists I have read are pointing the finger firmly at the right-wing mob.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Gee colour me shocked that a person Tweeting about "patriot protests" turns out to be unreliable ...
  • Options
  • Options

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Lots of successful countries have been having BLM protests...

• Options
    Charles said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Personally I am surprised crossover hasn't happened yet

Boris figures nose diving is no surprise

Will it change anything, I doubt it.

However. Boris, Patel, Khan and the Met have to get together and stop these weekend fracas

If need be close down central London for the next few weekends

No need to involve Khan. Boris, Priti and police need to take action now to close this down like we did in the 2011 riots.
    Of course you have to include Khan, he is London's mayor with responsibility for policing
    I live in London. I, like most sensible Londoners, know it's best not to involve Khan with anything! He is an extreme left winger. He encourages division.
    He is elected

I consider him to be one of London's worse mayors but until he is out of office he remains in charge of the Met
    Out of 3?
    Well one of the others was Ken Livingstone so "one of the worst" seems appropriate out of three.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    i went to both protests. I spent hours in and around Trafalgar Sq (mainly BLM) and the same in Parliament Sq (mainly "Lads").

My Press Card has never been so useful. It enabled me to move around in a way protesters are not.

Feel free to disbelieve me (but what's the point?). I was there because i REALLY wanted to see this for myself, a major news event, 2 miles from my home, and then understand it better.

It was very rewarding, in terms of self-education. A truly intense day. I learned that both sides REALLY care, they aren't just rival mobs. But of course that makes it worse: they both feel righteous. How do you solve that?

I also learned that both sides are infiltrated and warped by thuggish elements, bent on total mayhem. And today, and only today, the worst mayhem,in my personal experience, came from BLM.
    Ok thanks for the clarification - I apologise for my imputation.

Note: a proper apology not just an apology 'for any offence caused' :smile:
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

Charles said:

Ave_it said:

LAB still looking good for 2nd GE 2024. Not sure why we are worrying about opinion polls now.

Sort the Corona>deal with the hard left thugs>end the lockdown.

You haven't been paying attention, for months now Mike has been telling you the key metric for the next GE is the personal approval polling.
    He used to have a key metric that proved EICIPM
    Don't forget, the Tories need to be 11 points clear to win a majority of one...
    Or the HUUGGGEEEE personal votes LibDem MPs have.

And that Conservative MPs never get personal votes.
    Personal votes are rarer than people think. Lamb clearly had one, I think Farron has one too.
    Certainly so for that pair.

I think a competent MP should be able to get maybe a thousand personal votes.

But its usually easier to spot at local election levels.
    There is clear evidence of a first term incumbency boost for MPs defending seats for the first time.LibDems tend to enjoy a bigger personal vote on account of finding it easier to pull in votes from both left and right as well as tactical votes from the perceived weaker contender.Rural seats in Wales and Scotland appear to attach much more weight to the individual candidate - I grew up in Pembrokeshire where the local MP was Desmond Donnelly who undoubtedly had a very big personal following. In 1970 , having split with Labour , he stood under his own new party banner and polled nearly 12,000 votes - 21.5% of the vote.Anglesey, Cardigan and the former Carmarthen seat also voted on a personal basis to a far greater extent than was true across GB as a whole. Dick Taverne, Eddie Milne and Dave Nellist are other good examples .
  • Options
    The big decisions next week are:
    One metre or two.
    The format of reopening of pubs and restaurants is outdoors only or indoors too with proper ventilation - 4 July appears to be nailed on now.
    Boris needs to save the hospitality industry and the summer.

Also we need to see if we can sort out an EU quarantine bubble for 29 June
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Of course Kenya has rather a history of ethnic violence.

But that's pretty standard for African countries.
  • Options

justin124 said:

Scott_xP said:

This is rare.

Does't time pass quickly when you are having fin.
    Certainly a case of 'tempus fugit'!
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Easy - as many as there have been Labour Prime Ministers :smile:
  • Options

Charles said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Personally I am surprised crossover hasn't happened yet

Boris figures nose diving is no surprise

Will it change anything, I doubt it.

However. Boris, Patel, Khan and the Met have to get together and stop these weekend fracas

If need be close down central London for the next few weekends

No need to involve Khan. Boris, Priti and police need to take action now to close this down like we did in the 2011 riots.
    Of course you have to include Khan, he is London's mayor with responsibility for policing
    I live in London. I, like most sensible Londoners, know it's best not to involve Khan with anything! He is an extreme left winger. He encourages division.
    He is elected

I consider him to be one of London's worse mayors but until he is out of office he remains in charge of the Met
    Out of 3?
    Well one of the others was Ken Livingstone so "one of the worst" seems appropriate out of three.
    Then of course there's the worst of the worst... now sadly holed up in No 10. :wink:
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

What makes you say this was ethnic violence in Kenya? I understood it to be slumdwellers protesting police brutality.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,472

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    Lol @ “I see no reason....” !

It’s Eadric, who is always full of s**t; how good a reason do you need?

He has never posted a dispassionate account of anything.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,005
    Scott_xP said:

Yet its you who is getting ever shriller.

I post a single tweet and the crowd goes wild...

If I were a betting man I'd say they are losing confidence :)
    I know to my cost that you're not that!
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,340
    edited June 2020

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

You don't look old enough to remember the MauMau uprising.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,977
    Biden may not be the one with the biggest problem. What are the chances of any debates occurring this year?
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271849561129091073?s=21
  • Options

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

I just find it puzzling that he is clear the BLM side are most to blame for today's violence when all the journalists I have read are pointing the finger firmly at the right-wing mob.
    He was clear about a stabbing which the Met say they have no evidence of?

Given that, seems something is off with the judgement.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,436
    Veep. Susan Rice now in at 11.5

I am on at 340.

Just done a bit of laying off.
  • Options

eadric said:

Scott_xP said:

This is rare.

You do realise the last few times a PM has managed to trash their reputation like this (Gordon Brown, the election that never was, and Theresa May 2017, there's been no way back for the PM.)
    Neither of them had 4 years (or 4.5 years if we go for lucky December again) to turn things around either. Neither of them had already won a landslide majority in their own right.

But I hear you, we need a plan just in case things don't work out. So if the Tories are 10 points underwater in late 2023, we might consider giving the leadership to someone more popular (Sunak, etc). If they're 20+ points underwater, we switch to Sunak vel sim. AND give Scotland immediate independence so that their MPs disappear and our effective majority increases by 40.

It always pays to think ahead...
    Gordon Brown had the better part of three years, which is close to four years.
    Again, Boris won the biggest Tory landslide in decades. He is a proven winner and has the capacity to win again, and for that feat he's not going to lose my confidence any time soon.
    Come on, he does look feeble and rattled. I wish that weren't the case, but it is
    The country is facing about 3 existential crises at once, and Boris was in ICU only 2 months ago.

Anyone who can still function in the midst of all that is a titan, as far as I'm concerned. It takes a lot to shake my loyalty once I've given it to someone, and the present circumstances have only consolidated my attitude.

I get it, some people - normal people? - seem to re-evaluate their loyalties by the week. I take a long view.
    I am not persuaded that his own past behaviour entitles him to expect loyalty from others now - indeed many may wish for revenge for how they were treated by him.Of course, he faces significant challenges - some of which have been self imposed - but I do suggest that the burdens which fall on him remain far lighter than those which faced Churchill , Chamberlain - and indeed Attlee.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

What makes you say this was ethnic violence in Kenya? I understood it to be slumdwellers protesting police brutality.
    I'm not saying it but merely pointed out that Kenya has had cases of it in the past - though certainly not as bad as some African countries.

It often features if one ethnic group is dominant among the police or the shopkeepers and another ethnic group thinks it is getting the wrong end of the stick (sometime literally).

Yet to Western eyes 'Africans are Africans' and the ethnic nuances are not noticed.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

justin124 said:

Scott_xP said:

This is rare.

Don't forget though LD have won an election more recently than LAB (in terms of the substance of the outcome).

#layla2024?
    They did so well out of that I have to say.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

I was "clear about a stabbing".

Ok. This is literally my comment on this point, below, go find it if you want

"eadriceadric Posts: 3,602
    8:44PM edited 8:45PM

So I was entirely UNCLEAR

You know what, I might just quit this site. It is infested with pathetic morons and autistic incels who just cannot bear to lose an argument, or be proven wrong, because they have nothing else in their lives.

I went to the riots today. I've given you an unbiased report, as far as I can tell. This is valuable info, from an eye witness, and quite frankly you idiots don't deserve it. So fuck off.
    You'll be back :smile:
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

You know what, I might just quit this site. It is infested with pathetic morons and autistic incels who just cannot bear to lose an argument, or be proven wrong, because they have nothing else in their lives.

I went to the riots today. I've given you an unbiased report, as far as I can tell. This is valuable info, from an eye witness, and quite frankly you idiots don't deserve it. So fuck off.
    See you tomorrow 😊
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

I'm not saying it but merely pointed out that Kenya has had cases of it in the past - though certainly not as bad as some African countries.

It often features if one ethnic group is dominant among the police or the shopkeepers and another ethnic group thinks it is getting the wrong end of the stick (sometime literally).

Yet to Western eyes 'Africans are Africans' and the ethnic nuances are not noticed.
    Have other countries outside Africa got a history of ethnic violence? Why do you single out africans for this comment?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

Sorry, my mistake, I went off memory. The Tweet you shared was clear in its language starting with "It is true" when the reality was the opposite. I mixed those words you were sharing up with your own sorry.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Have other countries outside Africa got a history of ethnic violence? Why do you single out africans for this comment?
    I didn't single out Africans.

I made a casual and factually correct comment and that's it.

For some reason you seem all insecure about it.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    What is he wittering about? It wasn't an election where the BNP have failed to get any council seats.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Interesting.

You mention George Floyds criminal record and get "HIS NECK WAS KNELT ON FOR 8 MINUTES UNTIL HE COULD NO LONGER BREATHE AND HE SUBSEQUENTLY DIED OF ASPHYXIATION" repeated at you for an hour or two.

We see 20 or 30 black Londoners jumping up and down on a white bloke outside Waterloo Station and it's "That EDL ain't as hard as they thought are they?"
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    isam said:

Interesting.

You mention George Floyds criminal record and get "HIS NECK WAS KNELT ON FOR 8 MINUTES UNTIL HE COULD NO LONGER BREATHE AND HE SUBSEQUENTLY DIED OF ASPHYXIATION" repeated at you for an hour or two.

We see 20 or 30 black Londoners jumping up and down on a white bloke outside Waterloo Station and it's "That EDL ain't as hard as they thought are they?"

Didn't you get the memo, attacking Nazis* is ok now, same as mobs pulling down statues.

* and by Nazi, that can be basically anybody you think might be a Nazi.
  • Options
    Doesn’t surprise me that the BLM thugs would be more violent than the far-right thugs - they’re younger, fitter and angrier. The far-right do it in big gangs, but with bellies full of lager and bloodstreams full of coke. That also makes them vulnerable when they’re separated from their mates. It will be a long summer unless we get some leadership from somewhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

isam said:

Interesting.

Didn't you get the memo, attacking Nazis* is ok now, same as mobs pulling down statues.

* and by Nazi, that can be basically anybody you think might be a Nazi.
    I must have missed it.

Did that police horse thing that punctured the WPCs lung and the attacks that left 26 coppers injured actually happen last week, or did the violence only start today?
  • Options
    eadric said:

It's worth noting a few positive things.

Basically, how NICE most people are, even when surrounded by riots.

Evidence one: as it was kicking off with BLM in Trafalgar Square, I stepped aside and collided with a black kid on a bike, and he spent 5 minutes apologising and saying Stay Safe, as did his friend

Evidence two: down in Parliament Sq, I encountered a "far right thug" and he said sorry for getting in the way of my camera and then we laughed about the whole weirdness.

And both sides were racially mixed. BLM is predominantly black but not entirely, and there were quite a few black faces in the counter demo; Odd.

BAME for Hitler? Takes all sorts to build a world.
  • Options

Doesn’t surprise me that the BLM thugs would be more violent than the far-right thugs - they’re younger, fitter and angrier. The far-right do it in big gangs, but with bellies full of lager and bloodstreams full of coke. That also makes them vulnerable when they’re separated from their mates. It will be a long summer unless we get some leadership from somewhere.

I'd have thought coke in the bloodstream would be quite the advantage!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

eadric said:

Evidence one: as it was kicking off with BLM in Trafalgar Square, I stepped aside and collided with a black kid on a bike, and he spent 5 minutes apologising and saying Stay Safe, as did his friend

Evidence two: down in Parliament Sq, I encountered a "far right thug" and he said sorry for getting in the way of my camera and then we laughed about the whole weirdness.

And both sides were racially mixed. BLM is predominantly black but not entirely, and there were quite a few black faces in the counter demo; Odd.

I don't think too many were there for Hitler today.
  • Options

What is he wittering about? It wasn't an election where the BNP have failed to get any council seats.
    I guess he means they turned out, in small numbers, and they were a pathetic bunch of middle aged piss heads. Ineffectual in the scheme of things.

And btw, where was Tommy Bloody Yardley Lexon or whatever his name is?
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I guess he means they turned out, in small numbers, and they were a pathetic bunch of middle aged piss heads. Ineffectual in the scheme of things.

I wonder if the boys in blue might have found he had a brake light out or something on the way? I imagine the authorities would have been very keen to not have him make it.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    When a prediction a PBer has constantly made comes to pass, they normally say *buffs nails* don't they?

I suppose it's not really appropriate, but still...
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    All of that has been inevitable since 24/6/16, in one way or another.
  • Options
    isam said:

Interesting.

You think a subdued Floyd being brutally murdered by a Police Officer while three other Police Officers stand and watch, over a course of nearly nine minutes is comparable to thugs getting into a fight and nobody dying?

Interesting. I thought there was a clear couple of differences but I might be biased.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324

In his crowd-funded gated mansion presumably.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

eadric said:

I don't think too many were there for Hitler today.
    Well, its difficult to tell from the various videos but appears some were doing the Nazi salute. That's being 'for Hitler' in my book.
  • Options

Where is Johnson?
  • Options
    alteregoalterego Posts: 1,100
    isam said:

Standard rations for the Germans in WWII I believe
  • Options
    isam said:

It makes you brave. Then the lager and the gut kicks in.

• Options

isam said:

Interesting.

You think a subdued Floyd being brutally murdered by a Police Officer while three other Police Officers stand and watch, over a course of nearly nine minutes is comparable to thugs getting into a fight and nobody dying?

Interesting. I thought there was a clear couple of differences but I might be biased.
    Well it was 20-30 thugs against one lying on the floor, but I guess he did have white privilege

Ooh brutally murdered you say? Sod that, sounds painful. I'll take normal murder any day of the week

• Options
    edited June 2020

isam said:

Haha oh I see, is that how it works?! 🤣
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Well it was 20-30 thugs against one lying on the floor, but I guess he did have white privilege

Ooh brutally murdered you say? Sod that, sounds painful. I'll take normal murder any day of the week

Oh so the guy on the floor was murdered?

My sincerest sympathies to his family. Rest in peace. That's tragic.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    Scott_xP said:

Dave was also that rarity, a PM to resign whilst still leading in the polls.

And honourable man in Downing Street. I wonder when we will be able to say that again?
    He explicitly promised he would not resign if he lost, then did exactly that. How is that honorable?
  • Options
    eadric said:

isam said:

Another misrepresentation. Yes, there were quite a few classically overweight white football hooligans in their 40s and over.

But I'd say there were outnumbered by the older and the younger (and obviously fitter). There was a core of muscled, aggressive but fairly calm young men, as I've said, I reckon they were military

The media underestimate, if they just lampoon these people as Tommy Robinson thugs. That is one reason why this moment is so dangerous. It's not just the usual suspects any more
    Black men are muscular and powerful, don't you know?!

Football reports from the 90s say so

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,016
    eadric said:

isam said:

Another misrepresentation. Yes, there were quite a few classically overweight white football hooligans in their 40s and over.

But I'd say there were outnumbered by the older and the younger (and obviously fitter). There was a core of muscled, aggressive but fairly calm young men, as I've said, I reckon they were military

The media underestimate, if they just lampoon these people as Tommy Robinson thugs. That is one reason why this moment is so dangerous. It's not just the usual suspects any more
    But it is. 99% of the population has been nowhere near a demo or a riot in the past fortnight.
    And different people have varying motives for being at any gathering
    'Twas ever thus.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Oh my
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Oh my
    You are saying it's the same thing, that it's comparable, and used the phrase regular murder. So you did mean someone died didn't you?

Because it's be totally crass and crazy to conflate law enforcement murdering someone in handcuffs to thugs fighting where nobody died.

But if someone has died what you're writing makes sense and it's an absolute tragedy for which the only reply is Rest In Peace. Who died?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

isam said:

Interesting.

Heres something that might seem wacky to you.....

Both acts were wrong
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,281
    eadric said:

Time for another Dr Who like reincarnation?

I see by subsequent posts that you've not quite reached that point.
  • Options
    eadric said:

isam said:

The ones causing the trouble were the usual lagered up suspects as far as I could see. If you’re saying others were getting into bother, too, that’s certainly interesting and a new development. There’s always been an element of armed forces involvement with the far right and Ulster loyalism (I bet there were a few Billy Boys on parade today).

• Options
    Floater said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Both acts were wrong
    Of course I agree completely with that. Different orders of wrong but absolutely both are wrong.

Furthermore if someone died today I wouldn't go around digging to see if they'd committed crimes a decade or more ago and keep bringing it up to make light of the situation though.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    edited June 2020
    I'm not so sure the police in the USA are actually racist. More likely have a disproportionate amount of sociopaths working in their ranks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=_c-E_i8Q5G0&feature=emb_logo

There's certainly a big police brutality problem.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Oh my
    You are saying it's the same thing, that it's comparable, and used the phrase regular murder. So you did mean someone died didn't you?

Because it's be totally crass and crazy to conflate law enforcement murdering someone in handcuffs to thugs fighting where nobody died.

But if someone has died what you're writing makes sense and it's an absolute tragedy for which the only reply is Rest In Peace. Who died?
    Some American armed robber
  • Options
    eadric said:

BLM is self destructing. The Left just can't help themselves

https://twitter.com/HillelNeuer/status/1271939980286472197?s=20

Imagine for a moment if Corbyn was PM during this period.

Frightening.

• Options

BLM
    Floater said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Both acts were wrong
    I disagree with @Philip_Thompson On almost everything.
    But he's consistently said that.
    He just sees that there are varying degrees of wrong. So it isn't wacky in the slightest.

• Options

eadric said:

Frightening.

Or even leader of the opposition.

• Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324
    edited June 2020

eadric said:

isam said:

The ones causing the trouble were the usual lagered up suspects as far as I could see. If you’re saying others were getting into bother, too, that’s certainly interesting and a new development. There’s always been an element of armed forces involvement with the far right and Ulster loyalism (I bet there were a few Billy Boys on parade today).

What's the legality of serving members of the military getting involved in dodgy political activities? I'd have thought in today's world it would result in three years in Colchester - deterrent enough in itself.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Oh my

No. Some corpse. We are talking about a corpse.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

eadric said:

Frightening.

All the statues would have gone by now. Replaced by Marx, Mao, Chavez, all the greats.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

BLM

Floater said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Both acts were wrong
    He just sees that there are varying degrees of wrong. So it isn't wacky in the slightest.

Thank you. There are always degrees of wrong.

Stuart: Oh, Sheldon, I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.
    Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.
    Stuart: Of course it is. It's a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge.
  • Options

eadric said:

isam said:

What's the legality of serving members of the military getting involved in dodgy political activities? I'd have thought in today's world it would result in three years in Colchester - deterrent enough in itself.
    It is illegal for serving members of the armed forces to get involved, but they have to be caught - and it doesn’t cover those who have left the services. It’s something you see across Europe, not just in the UK.

• Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,437
    Argh
    eadric said:

I think using the terms Left and Right can be useful politically when talking about broad-brush politics, but it is simply aggravating and polarizing to use it in such a way.

I'm on the Left. My Grandma had to leave Vienna before the war to get away from the Nazis. Some of her family died in Auschwitz for being Jewish. I have no time for antisemites.

Attempting to tar me with their hatred riles me up and makes it harder to resist the polarisation that threatens the West - just at the time when China will take advantage.

We will always disagree on Right/Left issues, but if you pretend that we have no common ground as a way to avoid debating those left/right issues by making out that everyone on the left is an antisemite, then that creates more division.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Oh my

No. Some corpse. We are talking about a corpse.
    A corpse resulting from a murder.

Oops, an alleged murder
  • Options
    eadric said:

And they were stiffened by a crew of military types, for sure. Some of these dudes calmly sat underneath Nelson's Column even as a much much larger crowd of BLM-ers came to threaten them. They didn't budge or flinch, they just mildly taunted.

Erection klaxon.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

BLM

Floater said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Both acts were wrong

He also sees that 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    George Floyd's record is an irrelevance when it comes to him being murdered.
    A statue being defaced does not excuse Hitler salutes in front of the Cenotaph. Or pissing on a dead policeman's memorial.
    Floyd's death does not excuse attacking police horses, etc., etc.
    Nor kicking over picnics or beatings at Waterloo.
    It really isn't complex or nuanced at all.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,020

eadric said:

isam said:

I think if they haven't actually broken the law then they can't be locked up. But certainly I believe that any serviceman attending any protest of any sort where they can be identified as being serving forces is cause for dishonourable discharge.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,323

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.
    So far every journalist's report I have found is unequivocally blaming far-right thugs for the violence.

They can't all be lying.
    "eadric" is very much part of the far right.

It is to this site"s shame that he is indulged here.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

BLM

Floater said:

isam said:

Interesting.

Both acts were wrong

He also sees that 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    George Floyd's record is an irrelevance when it comes to him being murdered.
    A statue being defaced does not excuse Hitler salutes in front of the Cenotaph. Or pissing on a dead policeman's memorial.
    Floyd's death does not excuse attacking police horses, etc., etc.
    Nor kicking over picnics or beatings at Waterloo.
    It really isn't complex or nuanced at all.
    100% agreed.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    eadric said:

Argh

eadric said:

I think using the terms Left and Right can be useful politically when talking about broad-brush politics, but it is simply aggravating and polarizing to use it in such a way.

I'm on the Left. My Grandma had to leave Vienna before the war to get away from the Nazis. Some of her family died in Auschwitz for being Jewish. I have no time for antisemites.

Attempting to tar me with their hatred riles me up and makes it harder to resist the polarisation that threatens the West - just at the time when China will take advantage.

We will always disagree on Right/Left issues, but if you pretend that we have no common ground as a way to avoid debating those left/right issues by making out that everyone on the left is an antisemite, then that creates more division.
    Well it's just a fact that anti-Semitism is now MUCH more of a problem on the Left than on the Right. Denying it is futile.

Cf the life and career of Jeremy Corbyn, Esq
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halle_synagogue_shooting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poway_synagogue_shooting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting
  • Options
    edited June 2020

eadric said:

Argh

eadric said:

Well it's just a fact that anti-Semitism is now MUCH more of a problem on the Left than on the Right. Denying it is futile.

Cf the life and career of Jeremy Corbyn, Esq
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halle_synagogue_shooting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poway_synagogue_shooting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting
    The USA is not the UK.

The British left do share a lot in common with the American right.
  • Options
    kamski said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

They can't all be lying.

Yep. He was priapic earlier in the week that the football lads would undoutedly give BLM a good kicking. Salivating almost.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    kamski said:

Yes, somehow his fresh, on-the-scene reporting of "black people are scary" isn't particularly persuasive.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,323
    dixiedean said:

kamski said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

eadric said:

Banterman said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Look at these gems:

You're a fool.

They can't all be lying.

Yep. He was priapic earlier in the week that the football lads would undoutedly give BLM a good kicking. Salivating almost.
    It doesn't surprise me. I try to avoid reading his drivel since he posted hindutva propaganda, claimed the RSS are just like Irish nationalists fighting British imperialism and that current violence against Muslims in India "has to be seen in the context of" what a Muslim invader might have done 700 years ago. Sickening.

Would posters on this site indulge a poster who claimed that violence against Jews "has to be seen in the context of what Jews did to the Canaanites"? I hope not. But people still indulge this bigot.
This discussion has been closed.