Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,082

isam said:

Rosie was an idiot but she did the right thing and resigned.

When's the by election?
    I suspect she won't even lose the whip let alone have a by election. So much for Starmer saying he would sack someone from their job for this.
    I’m sure Starmer said he would have sacked Cummings, rather than anyone. But hey, I know you’re only anal and pedantic when it suits.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,943
    Looks like a major Covid-19 risk those protesters are taking.

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952

isam said:

When's the by election?
    I suspect she won't even lose the whip let alone have a by election. So much for Starmer saying he would sack someone from their job for this.
    Sounds like a real steamy affair... they kept 2m apart when they met for their secret trysts! Hardly worth breaking the lockdown for
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

eadric said:
    That reelection looks more certain by the hour. Playing right into Trump's hands.
    I worry you're right, as I said above I worry Trump is stoking this thinking it wins him votes. A race war plays into his hands.

I worry for America.
    I don't want Trump to win but it is quite apparent that he will.

In a national crisis people will stick with their leader.

Ignore the polls. Trump will win in EC votes by more than 2016.
  • Options

isam said:

When's the by election?
    No need for a bye election. But the sheen falls easily from super public school built on mummy and daddy money Starmer. Yes he's 10 times better than Corbyn but won't ever be PM
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,317

stodge said:

It is more than interesting.

These two witnesses have been found out and you say 'nothing to see here'

I've cut Cummings plenty of slack on this but the salient points about his journey to Durham and his trip to Barnard Castle are out there - he has admitted them.

This is just the Mail trying to muddy the waters. No one believed the second trip story and while it might be fun to discredit the witness who reported Cummings to the Police the facts of what happened aren't being questioned and Durham Police have conducted their investigation..

If you support Cummings and accept the rationale of what he did and why he did it this changes nothing. If you think he was wrong, this won't change anything either.

I don't see why you think this is significant.

stodge said:

I've cut Cummings plenty of slack on this but the salient points about his journey to Durham and his trip to Barnard Castle are out there - he has admitted them.

This is just the Mail trying to muddy the waters. No one believed the second trip story and while it might be fun to discredit the witness who reported Cummings to the Police the facts of what happened aren't being questioned and Durham Police have conducted their investigation..

If you support Cummings and accept the rationale of what he did and why he did it this changes nothing. If you think he was wrong, this won't change anything either.

I do not support Cummings and have said so on many occasions

However the hypocrisy of someone breaching lockdown to report someone else breaching lockdown is extraordinary and the second trip allegation was my reason for turning against Cummings
    You need to be careful here Big_G. According to the MoS Mr Lees is not accused of "breaching lockdown to report someone else breaching lockdown". Rather Mr Lees is accused of separately breaching lockdown himself (an accusation he denies)...

"He [Mr Lees] drove from his home in Barnard Castle earlier this month to pick up his student daughter who had been self-isolating at her boyfriend’s home in Berkshire. She was seen at the family home last week, but Mr Lees insists he complied with the relevant rules at the time."
    Curious. The worst you can say here is that he acted like Cummings. But then if he's acted like Cummings and is guilty then Cummings is guilty too, and I thought that's what the article was supposed to put in doubt. I'm not sure this will really do Dom or Boris any favours.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited May 2020

isam said:

When's the by election?
    I’m sure Starmer said he would have sacked Cummings, rather than anyone. But hey, I know you’re only anal and pedantic when it suits.
    Ah right so Starmer reckons he would have sacked Cummings, though of course he can't as Cummings isn't his employee . . . but Rosie who is in his party should not just keep her job as an MP but should keep Starmer's endorsement via carrying the Labour whip?

Starmer is a hypocrite.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,083
    Ave_it said:

eadric said:
    That reelection looks more certain by the hour. Playing right into Trump's hands.
    I worry you're right, as I said above I worry Trump is stoking this thinking it wins him votes. A race war plays into his hands.

I worry for America.

I disagree, I think the EC will be neck and neck but Trump might win the popular vote this time.

He will do better on the coasts against Biden than Hillary but worse in the Midwest swing states and Pennsylvania than he did v Hillary
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    isam said:

When's the by election?
    Has Cummings resigned yet?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,082

isam said:

When's the by election?
    Ah right so Starmer reckons he would have sacked Cummings, though of course he can't as Cummings isn't his employee . . . but Rosie who is in his party should not just keep her job as an MP but should keep Starmer's endorsement via carrying the Labour whip?

Starmer is a hypocrite.
    I’m not having this conversation with you. You’re just ignoring the obvious difference between someone who wrote the rules imposing a huge burden on the rest of us breaking them, and someone else breaking them who had no input in the rules.

Stop being so dishonest.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:
    American voters will all be watching social media like THIS

https://twitter.com/SenekaSpiro/status/1266635892673871872?s=20
    The cop's right hook was a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,776
    edited May 2020

isam said:

When's the by election?
    Or apologised?
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,726
    HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

I disagree, I think the EC will be neck and neck but Trump might win the popular vote this time.

He will do better on the coasts against Biden than Hillary but worse in the Midwest swing states and Pennsylvania than he did v Hillary
    I cannot see the current riots having the slightest effect on an election that is over 5 months away.

If there are still riots in October, that might be different, but they won't be.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2020
    The Chinese must be loving all this chaos in the US. Takes heat off Hong Kong.
  • Options

eadric said:
    Trump will play the card Nixon did in 1968 and 1972, you may not like me but I will preserve law and order and national security unlike the weak Democrats
  • Options
    OldBasingOldBasing Posts: 168

stodge said:

stodge said:

However the hypocrisy of someone breaching lockdown to report someone else breaching lockdown is extraordinary and the second trip allegation was my reason for turning against Cummings
    You need to be careful here Big_G. According to the MoS Mr Lees is not accused of "breaching lockdown to report someone else breaching lockdown". Rather Mr Lees is accused of separately breaching lockdown himself (an accusation he denies)...

"He [Mr Lees] drove from his home in Barnard Castle earlier this month to pick up his student daughter who had been self-isolating at her boyfriend’s home in Berkshire. She was seen at the family home last week, but Mr Lees insists he complied with the relevant rules at the time."
    Curious. The worst you can say here is that he acted like Cummings. But then if he's acted like Cummings and is guilty then Cummings is guilty too, and I thought that's what the article was supposed to put in doubt. I'm not sure this will really do Dom or Boris any favours.
    Well indeed, Cummings, by his own admission is still guilty of breaching quarantine (London to Durham) and then lockdown ( Durham to Barnard Castle). It’s the hypocrisy that’s done the damage not the witness testimony.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

I cannot see the current riots having the slightest effect on an election that is over 5 months away.

If there are still riots in October, that might be different, but they won't be.
    If Bernie had got in it would be a different matter, but Biden is hardly the hero of most of the protesters.
  • Options
    OldBasing said:

stodge said:

stodge said:

Well indeed, Cummings, by his own admission is still guilty of breaching quarantine (London to Durham) and then lockdown ( Durham to Barnard Castle). It’s the hypocrisy that’s done the damage not the witness testimony.
    Yes, some posters on here are acting as if Cummings didn't make those trips at all now!
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,462
    CatMan said:

isam said:

When's the by election?
    Or apologised?
    Or got his eyes tested?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194

isam said:

When's the by election?

Starmer is a hypocrite.

I’m not having this conversation with you. You’re just ignoring the obvious difference between someone who wrote the rules imposing a huge burden on the rest of us breaking them, and someone else breaking them who had no input in the rules.

Stop being so dishonest.
    Look at her Twitter page, specifically the picture across the top.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Ok HYUFD you have previously been acknowledged on this site as an expert on USA and to be honest I know * all. So I hope you are right.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

You may be right. But riots now in election year are far more likely to have an effect on this year's election than 'man drives car' will have an effect on an election not due for another four years.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The US police always seem poorly prepared to deal with disturbances. They have known all this was coming and yet they don't seem to have plans to contain / kettle the mob.

In the UK, the plod were initially shit during the london riots, caught off guars and they went far too soft. But 2 days and then they got shit clamped down.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Ok HYUFD you have previously been acknowledged on this site as an expert on USA and to be honest I know * all. So I hope you are right.
    My gut is Hillary appealed more to the coastal upper middle class than Biden will but Biden appeals more to the white working class in the rustbelt swing states than she did
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    This is still on the government's website:

"Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home is not allowed."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

I was half expecting it to have been restrospectively appended with "...unless you are a very important person."
  • Options
    OldBasing said:

stodge said:

stodge said:

Like your moniker by the way. Are you a resident? My dad often speaks fondly of an old colleague who used to live there.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Pulpstar said:

eadric said:

eadric said:
    American voters will all be watching social media like THIS

https://twitter.com/SenekaSpiro/status/1266635892673871872?s=20
    The cop's right hook was a thing of beauty.
    And entirely deserved. Did she expect to hit cops without any comeback? She's lucky she wasn't shot dead, given where we are and where this is.

This guy is interesting. He is relaying lots of social media on the protests. I was convinced, for about half an hour, that he is either fake or a parody, he just looks too much like every right-winger's wet-dream of a cucked beta hipster social justice warrior, right down to the sad beard and geeky specs.

But I think he might be real

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash

Go to Portland, it is bloody full of those kind of twats, and the mayor does f##k all to deal with them
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,277

stodge said:

stodge said:

I, as a member of the elite, did not break the rules.

You, as a lowly order person, did break the rules.

They will all be arrested.

We are all in this together.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

My gut is Hillary appealed more to the coastal upper middle class than Biden will but Biden appeals more to the white working class in the rustbelt swing states than she did
    Yes I agree. I just wonder if Biden is up to it. He is a failed candidate from 1988. I think his time has gone.

I may be wrong!
  • Options
    "Stay at home... unless you're leaving your wife for me, in which case pop round mine for a quick... 2 metre socially distanced gaze"

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I think Duffield should probably resign as an MP. Her breach has been both flagrant and as an MP she has power over the laws of the country, so best not to break a huge piece of health guidance in the middle of a pandemic.
    That might sound harsh but I think Cummings should have gone too.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

You may be right. But riots now in election year are far more likely to have an effect on this year's election than 'man drives car' will have an effect on an election not due for another four years.
    Agreed.

But if the man who drove the car is still around in 4 years time I suspect he will have an effect, and not a positive one for the Tories.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    CNN are hilariously in their attempts to play down the violence. 10 police vehicles smashed up, one on fire, and the CNN reporter is going well, well, nobody has looted Trader Joes, they only spray painted it.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Agreed.

But if the man who drove the car is still around in 4 years time I suspect he will have an effect, and not a positive one for the Tories.
    Possibly, though how the government performs over the next 4 years will matter more. If the man who drove the car helps the government do a good job over the next 4 years then that good may outweigh the negatives now.
  • Options
    A Belgian prince has contracted coronavirus after attending a party during lockdown in Spain, the country's royal palace says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52864072
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,323
    Pulpstar said:

I think Duffield should probably resign as an MP. Her breach has been both flagrant and as an MP she has power over the laws of the country, so best not to break a huge piece of health guidance in the middle of a pandemic.

Well, voters can get rid of Duffield in due course if they wish; not so Cummings.

Neither make great stories though.

Nite all.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Yes I agree. I just wonder if Biden is up to it. He is a failed candidate from 1988. I think his time has gone.

I may be wrong!
    "I worry you're right, as I said above I worry Trump is stoking this thinking it wins him votes. A race war plays into his hands."

Of course he is. Chaos is his middle name.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Sir Keir should withdraw the whip. It would win him some moral plaudits. More cynically he doesn't want a tainted candidate fighting a marginal. Her antics will certainly be mentioned in the campaign and could be decisive.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

What are the odds she resigns as an MP?

If she doesn't what are the odds that Starmer removes the whip from her?

Or will she keep her job as an MP and will Starmer continue to endorse her doing so?
  • Options
    eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

This is the first story that's taken corona off the very top of the headlines, since late March maybe. It reminds middle America why they hate Democrat America, even as they feel guilty about racially divided America.

It will resonate for many months, and it is not over yet
    I fear that by October Covid-19 wave 2 will be totally dominating the news in the US.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

This is the first story that's taken corona off the very top of the headlines, since late March maybe. It reminds middle America why they hate Democrat America, even as they feel guilty about racially divided America.

I have good friends in Portland, who are definitely left of centre and hate Trump, but they are sick and tired of Antifia twats smashing up downtown every other weekend. Last night they were looting places like Luis Vuitton...obviously that's were you go when you are fighting police injustice....

Its absolutely plays into Trumps narrative, who is already playing the look at these weak liberal Mayor's who just excuse the violence.
  • Options
    If Duffield should regisn as an MP shouldn't this guy resign too?

(From 3 days ago):

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-police-break-up-birthday-party-at-tory-mp-rob-robertss-house-11995333
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,796
    eadric said:

dr_spyn said:
    Surely she mustr esign as an MP and be driven from public life?

That, after all, is the price they seek to exact from Cummings. There isn't one rule for Labour MPs and another for the rest of us, is there?
    Please explain her integral role in drafting the Government’s COVID-19 strategy (whatever it is today).
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    CatMan said:

(From 3 days ago):

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-police-break-up-birthday-party-at-tory-mp-rob-robertss-house-11995333

He added he was "200 miles away" in London at the time. He has just come out as gay, so I presume he might be separated from his wife, whose birthday party it was.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

(From 3 days ago):

For actions done 200 miles from where he was working?
  • Options
    eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

Silent majority election coming up. With a decent smattering of china-hate.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Pulpstar said:

Well, voters can get rid of Duffield in due course if they wish; not so Cummings.

Neither make great stories though.

Nite all.
    So there's nothing the electorate can do to get rid of Cummings?

Interesting. :)
  • Options

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

I fear that by October Covid-19 wave 2 will be totally dominating the news in the US.
    At this rate, the second wave will be starting in about 10 days time.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

CatMan said:

(From 3 days ago):

He added he was "200 miles away" in London at the time.
    I don't think we can hold him guilty of his wife's misdemeanours.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

So, about that vaccine?
  • Options

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

Many of them seem to have got the memo to be outside and wearing masks . . .
  • Options

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

Many of them seem to have got the memo to be outside and wearing masks . . .
    Just not the bit about maintaining social distancing, not shouting and screaming, and watching what you touch....
  • Options
    Nothing new in the world. The two major parties are as bad as each other and there no way of getting rid of either of them
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

Mindless violence in Chicago, too

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1266835768737181699?s=20

Trump will love it
    Trump will be happy to let this go so far, then send in the big boys and be able to say look at what happens when you let these appeasing liberal Democratic mayors give people space to vent. You need me.
  • Options
    sarissa said:

eadric said:

dr_spyn said:

That, after all, is the price they seek to exact from Cummings. There isn't one rule for Labour MPs and another for the rest of us, is there?
    Please explain her integral role in drafting the Government’s COVID-19 strategy (whatever it is today).
    All politicians and policy makers should be absolutely beyond reproach during this pandemic. At best such breaches sow confusion, at worst they actually provide alibies for those itching to commit infractions. Cummings and Duffield should both fall on their swords if they had a iota of responsibility.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

eadric said:

I worry for America.

Barmy

Mindless violence in Chicago, too

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1266835768737181699?s=20

Trump will love it
    Mind you, it's only May, can he keep the cities burning until November?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,270
    Pulpstar said:

The Duffield case appears significantly worse than Cummings' indescretion. This has a moral dimension and is on a par with Ferguson and he had to go.

Starmer has done nothing! Very, very disappointing.
  • Options

sarissa said:

eadric said:

dr_spyn said:

All politicians and policy makers should be absolutely beyond reproach during this pandemic. At best such breaches sow confusion, at worst they actually provide alibies for those itching to commit infractions. Cummings and Duffield should both fall on their swords if they had a iota of responsibility.
    Yes both the executive and the legislature need to be whiter than white in this pandemic.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:
    The cop is rightly on a murder charge for FLoyd. What do these people want ?

Here's some actual working class black people giving their view on the twin terrors of the reality of being black when facing the police and the antifa loons.

https://twitter.com/theangiestanton/status/1266481829592399872
  • Options
    You have to wonder how many of the rioters are going to develop a nasty cough next week.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Looking on Mail website, they are full on support Big Dom mode. Very different to coverage of the past week or so. Numerous articles highlighting stories of those making a stink over Cummings, who have connections to Mail favourite villains, BBC, Guardian, ardent Remainers.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    And so it begins...

A 19-year-old man has died in Detroit after shots were fired into a crowd of people protesting against the death of unarmed black man George Floyd in Minneapolis.

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd-death-protests-spread-across-us-and-turn-violent-11997198
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,992
    eadric said:

This is the English Plasma Screen Riots, but on the much bigger scale of the USA, and with billions of guns, a global pandemic, unprecedented unemployment, vicious race war, and a totally demented president, in the mix

https://twitter.com/news10nbc/status/1266862217342914561?s=20

Should be fine

Indeed. And we want to come to verbal fisticuffs about who should quit over breaching lockdown.
    Compared to the US we are a nation at ease with ourselves.
  • Options
    Cummings is going to be blown off the front pages(Whatever your view) by the USA going bananas.
  • Options
    eadric said:

This is the English Plasma Screen Riots, but on the much bigger scale of the USA, and with billions of guns, a global pandemic, unprecedented unemployment, vicious race war, and a totally demented president, in the mix

Should be fine

Trump just wet himself.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:

Pulpstar said:

eadric said:

Here's some actual working class black people giving their view on the twin terrors of the reality of being black when facing the police and the antifa loons.

A fine speech.

Black American anger is being hijacked by anarchist scum. What a mess.
    See the footage of Portland last night, it is overwhelming young white individuals dressed in standard anarchist outfits, in one of the least diverse cities in the US, smashing and looting high end stores and banks, before tagging them and setting fire to them.

Square root of f##k all to do with a black man dying after police mistreatment.
  • Options

Looking on Mail website, they are full on support Big Dom mode. Very different to coverage of the past week or so. Numerous articles highlighting stories of those making a stink over Cummings, who have connections to Mail favourite villains, BBC, Guardian, ardent Remainers.

It wasn't a Brexit story, but slowly and surely it's been turned into a "Whose side are you on". Dark ops, but not unsuccesful - probably guided by Cummings himself.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Pulpstar said:

eadric said:

A fine speech.

Them woke kids would be doing their finals if it wasn't for lockdown :smile:
  • Options

Suspicious.

And against their readership who remain incandescent.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Pulpstar said:

It wasn't a Brexit story, but slowly and surely it's been turned into a "Whose side are you on". Dark ops, but not unsuccesful - probably guided by Cummings himself.
    Exactly. Although who dobbed in Cummings and when, that will be interesting to know. I think it is clear that somebody who knew he was away from work, as the tales from eye witnesses wouldn't have stood up the story otherwise.
  • Options
    OldBasingOldBasing Posts: 168
    CatMan said:

OldBasing said:

stodge said:

stodge said:

Yes, some posters on here are acting as if Cummings didn't make those trips at all now!
    Quite. People are arguing about the details/ numbers of breaches (see £350 million a week to the EU argument about gross v. net) but the important point is the events happened. And the principle/hypocrisy stays in the public consciousness the more the argument rumbles on. The irony of this hostile media strategy shouldn’t be lost on Cummings. PB Tories and the journalists of the MOS should give it a rest; they’re throwing fuel on the fire.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Exactly. Although who dobbed in Cummings and when, that will be interesting to know. I think it is clear that somebody who knew he was away from work, as the tales from eye witnesses wouldn't have stood up the story otherwise.
    Wasn't it common knowledge he was off work with CV 19 at the time?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

But not where he was. I am sure some people in government machine had to know for various reasons and when he came back I am sure further people were informed.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Talking of suspicious...looking at twitter, this is clearly the line to take. Wonder who threw her under the bus and why?

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1266845716334489601?s=20
  • Options

eadric said:

Should be fine

Trump just wet himself.
    No, his minders have just spied what they will see as a fantastic opportunity.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

But not where he was. I am sure some people in government machine had to know for various reasons and when he came back I am sure further people were informed.
    Ah I see what you mean.
    However, there is also the possibility he was just spotted as a local minor celebrity.
    I live very near a former senior member of the Labour Cabinet up here in the NE. Everyone knows where he lives, as, I presume many in Durham will know where the Cummings family home is.
    If said person had still been in government yet up here during lockdown, the entire village would have known soon enough believe me.
    Standing up the story may explain the delay.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Very odd, seems BBC and Sky News websites haven't got their copies of the newspapers as not a mention of nookie-gate on their websites.
  • Options

Talking of suspicious...looking at twitter, this is clearly the line to take. Wonder who threw her under the bus and why?

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1266845716334489601?s=20

Just get Cummings to resign from the Fantasy Football League at No10 then to level things up.

Quitting as a whip. As if that is "MP Quits!" Complete jokers

Neither should quit anything, although Duffields actions are obviously worse, as she interacted with someone outside of her household.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

Ah I see what you mean.
    However, there is also the possibility he was just spotted as a local minor celebrity.
    I live very near a former senior member of the Labour Cabinet up here in the NE. Everyone knows where he lives, as, I presume many in Durham will know where the Cummings family home is.
    If said person had still been in government yet up here during lockdown, the entire village would have known soon enough believe me.
    Given no photos and we now know one of the reports was made up, no way Guardian would have run it on the say so of one person who saw a weird bald bloke in a car park.

The other sighting was from a significant distance, so even less likely to have used that without other evidence.
  • Options

eadric said:

Should be fine

Trump just wet himself.
    No, his minders have just spied what they will see as a fantastic opportunity.
    That's what I meant. Wet himself with excitement.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Boris has put Cummings on his 'last chance' according to the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372911/Boris-puts-Dominic-Cummings-chance-one-witness-admits-sighting-aide.html
  • Options

Very odd, seems BBC and Sky News websites haven't got their copies of the newspapers as not a mention of nookie-gate on their websites.

Perhaps that is Starmer's excuse too.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:
    And the CNN reporter was just praising the protesters for not looting Trader Joes....
  • Options
    edited May 2020

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

Ah I see what you mean.
    Given no photos and we now know one of the reports was made up, no way Guardian would have run it on the say so of one person who saw a weird bald bloke in a car park.

The other sighting was from a significant distance, so even less likely to have used that without other evidence.
    That's the problem with being openly disdainful of the entire Cabinet and Civil Service as incompetent buffoons whose intellect is barely above the average housefly. At times like these it doesn't help narrow the list of suspects.
    Who betrayed Dom?
    Let's think. Who has he recently offended...?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

Ah I see what you mean.

I wonder if it was Boris who grassed up Dom. Dom might well be wreaking havoc and Boris decided that would be the best way to get rid of him without provoking his vengeful ire. That might be why The Mail went in so unexpectedly hard - under the instructions of Boris's people. Unfortunately Dom wasn't having any of it and dug his heels in. Would explain Boris's haunted, distracted mien in recent days.
  • Options
    Always stand or sit at least two metres away from others when you are watching people throw themselves off cliffs.

• Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,367
    isam said:

Neither should quit anything, although Duffields actions are obviously worse, as she interacted with someone outside of her household.

Cummings was worse because he had reason to believe that he and his wife were infectious with Coronavirus.

Although obviously idiotic for an MP to break the rules so clearly.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    eadric said:

It's like watching the western world commit suicide. Literally and allegorically
    The Chinese leadership must be pissing themselves. The west have screwed up response to coronavirus, now US smashing themselves up and taking heat off Hong Kong.

I bet China are showing all this and saying look at the stupid fat, lazy, ill disciplined Westerns, and why we must have this new law in Hong Kong, but they are infected with this Western disease and threaten the amazing life we are building in China.

And they will be along in 6 months to buy up anything worthwhile.
  • Options

eadric said:

It's like watching the western world commit suicide. Literally and allegorically
    The Chinese leadership must be pissing themselves. The west have screwed up response to coronavirus, now US smashing themselves up. China will be along in 6 months to buy up anything worthwhile.
    They won't when the western world plus India and Brazil line up to demand reparations from China for covering up this outbreak and allowing it to spread
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561

eadric said:

Pulpstar said:

eadric said:

A fine speech.

See the footage of Portland last night, it is overwhelming young white individuals dressed in standard anarchist outfits, in one of the least diverse cities in the US, smashing and looting high end stores and banks, before tagging them and setting fire to them.

Square root of f##k all to do with a black man dying after police mistreatment.
    Even if the looters in Portland had been black, it still would have had nothing to do with police mistreatment.

I've never understood why rioters think that somebody else being shot entitles them to smash a few windows and grab a new pair of shoes or TV hundreds or thousands or miles away.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    HYUFD said:

eadric said:

The Chinese leadership must be pissing themselves. The west have screwed up response to coronavirus, now US smashing themselves up. China will be along in 6 months to buy up anything worthwhile.
    They won't when the western world plus India and Brazil line up to demand reparations from China for covering up this outbreak and allowing it to spread
    And they will say, go f##k yourself. And we won't be able to do anything.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Know a of young man who did a spot of 'tombstoning' in Cornwall last year. Ended up paralysed from the neck down.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Boris has put Cummings on his 'last chance' according to the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372911/Boris-puts-Dominic-Cummings-chance-one-witness-admits-sighting-aide.html
    Nah, Mail have got it all mixed up. Johnson has been put on a 'last chance' order from Wor Dom. Next time the PM needs to be faster to defend our hero or he will be out.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

eadric said:

And they will say, go f##k yourself. And we won't be able to do anything.
    We will, when 19 of the 20 G20 nations representing a majority of the global economy line up to isolate China and Trump leads the largest economy in open tariff war on China
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

The Chinese leadership must be pissing themselves. The west have screwed up response to coronavirus, now US smashing themselves up and taking heat of Hong Kong.

I bet China are showing all this and saying look at the stupid fat, lazy, ill disciplined Westerns, and why we must have this new law in Hong Kong, but they are infected with this Western disease and threaten the amazing life we are building in China.

Well, they did invent the virus for just this reason.

JOKE!

(Probably)
    100% they won't miss the opportunity to profit financially and power wise from this crisis.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

The Chinese leadership must be pissing themselves. The west have screwed up response to coronavirus, now US smashing themselves up and taking heat of Hong Kong.

Well, they did invent the virus for just this reason.

JOKE!

(Probably)
    https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1266871016166428676
This discussion has been closed.