Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Starmer’s ratings are generally getting better as the number o

Comments

• Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Dreadful performance by Johnson. The bluster worked against Corbyn but Starmer is so pin point precise Johnson looks exposed.

Did you watch a different PMQs?

The PB Tory brigade have assured us that Johnson bestrode the Commons stage like a Swiftian Gulliver clearing all before him whilst some faded grey bloke mumbled questions that everyone ignored...
    Obviously I'm just a brainwashed leftie
    We're still waiting for that magic 38-40 moment...
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Dreadful performance by Johnson. The bluster worked against Corbyn but Starmer is so pin point precise Johnson looks exposed.

The PB Tory brigade have assured us that Johnson bestrode the Commons stage like a Swiftian Gulliver clearing all before him whilst some faded grey bloke mumbled questions that everyone ignored...
    He has raised his game, just not by enough.

Speaker telling off Hancock was bloody scary.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,120
    Floater said:

Conundrum of the day

We had 2 parcels delivered - we were expecting 2 parcels

Wife opens them - it becomes clear that actually one of those isn't for us.

Checks label - its for next door - but the guy who delivered it did not say that, he just said "parcel for you"

Packaging now ripped so its clear we opened it

contents are one "geeky schoolgirl" outfit....................

A bit early for Halloween and on a hunch guessing no fancy dress parties incoming........ :smiley::blush:

How to hand it over in least embarrassing way for both parties ..........

If it were my neighbour a mildly interesting point would be is the outfit sized for a woman or a man?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477

God, at PMQS Boris put in the worst performance since Crassus at Carrhae.

Never underestimate a lawyer.

Lawyers are simply overpaid actors.
    Overpaid prostitutes was one description I was told.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    To be blunt the answer to this is yes. If migrant workers coming to this country are to have free access to the NHS, which they should have, they need to pay the equivalent of an insurance premium up front. Why on earth shouldn't they?
    Don't they already pay taxes - which last time I looked is how we fund the NHS. People of working age barely use the NHS compared to the retired, anyway, and so from an actuarially fair POV they're probably overpaying already. This whole thing is a non-issue dreamt up by the Tories so that (a) they can persuade gullible voters to believe the NHS is falling apart because of forinners and not because they are underfunding it, and (b) they can establish the idea of some people having to pay for NHS services as a bridgehead for further erosion of the principle that it is free at the point of use.
    How many countries do you think you can turn up in as a non resident and get free medical care? Have you never bought travel insurance? This seems to me a much more realistic and fair way of sharing the cost of treatment of migrants than issuing big bills after they have had that broken arm set.
    Starmer is probably only going down this line to puncture Boris' popularity with the NHS. Would it be such a bad move for Boris to abolish the fee for migrants who are NHS workers and pay for it by increasing it for everyone else?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Don't let that put you off. We welcome all sorts here, even brainwashed lefties ;)
  • Options

I'm sure Labour will poll 40% sometime in the next five years.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Isn't the NHS paid for out of general government funds?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has asked parliament to extend the country's state of emergency for another two weeks, drawing fierce criticism from opposition parties.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Pulpstar said:

The last McDonalds I ate was 30th March 2019 in Barnsley

What the chuff were you doing in Barnsley?

That place is best avoided.
    Day out with my brother and a friend to Oakwell :)
  • Options

I hope you told them that you always gave your johns great value for money.
  • Options

Don't let that put you off. We welcome all sorts here, even brainwashed lefties ;)
    I feel it my responsibility to try and add some balance to what is a very pro-Tory site. Nothing wrong with that but that is evidently the case.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    F##k me, Spotify paid $100 million for the exclusive rights to Joe Rogan Podcast. That will buy you some McDonald's unhappy meals!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/spotify-strikes-exclusive-podcast-deal-with-joe-rogan-11589913814
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,122
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    To be blunt the answer to this is yes. If migrant workers coming to this country are to have free access to the NHS, which they should have, they need to pay the equivalent of an insurance premium up front. Why on earth shouldn't they?
    Don't they already pay taxes - which last time I looked is how we fund the NHS. People of working age barely use the NHS compared to the retired, anyway, and so from an actuarially fair POV they're probably overpaying already. This whole thing is a non-issue dreamt up by the Tories so that (a) they can persuade gullible voters to believe the NHS is falling apart because of forinners and not because they are underfunding it, and (b) they can establish the idea of some people having to pay for NHS services as a bridgehead for further erosion of the principle that it is free at the point of use.
    How many countries do you think you can turn up in as a non resident and get free medical care? Have you never bought travel insurance? This seems to me a much more realistic and fair way of sharing the cost of treatment of migrants than issuing big bills after they have had that broken arm set.
    Most countries don't provide free decent quality healthcare to their own citizens either. And I don't pay income tax when I go somewhere on holiday. If I live in the UK for years on end and pay income tax, I think I should get the same basic public services as other people, such as schools and healthcare, as everyone else. It would be different if healthcare were funded on an insurance or contributory basis for locals too.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    snip
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

In America they charge you for the medical help you receive. We don't.

We pay for it out of general taxation, which immigrants pay.
    Do you really not see the difference between a UK citizen and a migrant worker in terms of eligibility? I find that astonishing.

Of course if a company wants migrant workers to come it may have to pay this NHS surcharge themselves. Or train some of the indigenous population. In some circumstances we may want to waive it because it is very much in our interests that the come. Doctors coming to work in the NHS may be such an example. But they simply don't have the same rights as the rest of us unless we choose to give them to them in our own interests.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    Most countries don't provide free decent quality healthcare to their own citizens either. And I don't pay income tax when I go somewhere on holiday. If I live in the UK for years on end and pay income tax, I think I should get the same basic public services as other people, such as schools and healthcare, as everyone else. It would be different if healthcare were funded on an insurance or contributory basis for locals too.
    You're just as valued as everyone else and thanks for your contribution despite the predictable vitriol you have received here.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,756

If they were prostitutes, they'd turn up late, read their IPhones in flagrante delicto, and charge you and another punter for the same time.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    I dont get why the FBPE bots on twitter are so offended about journalists saying it was a score draw at PMQs or Boris got a marginal win. No one needs to care too much about PMQs - it has a minor effect on anything. It's a ridiculous look to praise a journalist last week when he's bigging up Starmer and then claim he's biased this week because he didn't fawn over Starmer.

The angry centrist cult will do more damage to Labour's chances of being an electable proposition than their leader ever will.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    This isn't about people going on holiday somewhere.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,960
    DavidL said:

Do you really not see the difference between a UK citizen and a migrant worker in terms of eligibility? I find that astonishing.

Maybe it depends on your understanding of the term "universal healthcare"
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Floater said:

Conundrum of the day

Checks label - its for next door - but the guy who delivered it did not say that, he just said "parcel for you"

A bit early for Halloween and on a hunch guessing no fancy dress parties incoming........ :smiley::blush:

Don't. You think they'll complain?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. L, the last couple of times I had McDonalds, years ago, was late night after hospital (nothing bad). Glad to find somewhere open, but it was disappointing to discover they'd let some fries into my bag of salt.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Conundrum of the day

Maybe with a soundtrack of Schools out for Summer?
  • Options

I feel it my responsibility to try and add some balance to what is a very pro-Tory site. Nothing wrong with that but that is evidently the case.
    I don't think it evidently is. There's all sorts here - lefties, nationalists, even an LD host.

As for the Tories they're very split too. I think I may be the only poster here who was unabashedly both anti May and pro Boris. A lot of Tories here were the other way around.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,408
    IshmaelZ said:

Any more of that and pb Tories will be calling for the return of John Bercow.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

CHB it's so brave of you! :lol:

#hero
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. Urquhart, blimey.

I know a lot of people like it but those are huge numbers. Good for him.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,960

My boss told me always to refer to our customers as customers, not clients.

Only lawyers and hookers have clients...
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    You're just as valued as everyone else and thanks for your contribution despite the predictable vitriol you have received here.
    A somewhat strange comment, I've not seen any vitriol in the thread today?
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited May 2020

I don't think it evidently is. There's all sorts here - lefties, nationalists, even an LD host.

As for the Tories they're very split too. I think I may be the only poster here who was unabashedly both anti May and pro Boris. A lot of Tories here were the other way around.
    This site is very much to the right.

It's like 80% right wing posters, 20% others. Maybe 10% or less are Labour.

Again...nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226

DavidL said:

So we don't even get to reduce any pension fund deficits because the wrong type of pensioner is dying? Jeez.
    Sorry about that.

I always thought I might go into a career after my retirement as an executive hitman, dealing with those particularly awkward individuals that blight organisations. Wealthy pensioners and serial complainers to HR would be obvious work generators.

In the end, I decided that the hours would probably be too unsocial.
    Go for it, you could get Phoebe Waller-Bridge to write a worldwide hit drama base on your activities.
    Slaying Senior or somesuch.
    Yes I can see it.

Alastair in a variety of quirky outfits in relentless pursuit of one particularly elusive target 'moaning wealthy pensioner' called Stephen something or other.

Only problem is I'm stuck for a title.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    I get the argument that tax paying immigrants probably shouldn't have to pay an extra charge.
    But what do we do about non tax paying immigrants. It'd take a brave man to stand up and argue that a British housespouse shouldn't have access to the NHS because s/he's not paid any tax for the year; but if someone immigrating here has a spouse and kids who aren't contributing to the tax base how do we fund services ?
  • Options

Mr. Urquhart, blimey.

I know a lot of people like it but those are huge numbers. Good for him.

First Giphy, now Joe Rogan podcast, going for mega bucks. I am in the wrong game.
  • Options

10% Labour? I think that's low-balling it a bit just a touch.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    Citizenship, citizenship, citizenship. The key organising principle around which the nation state is built. It can't just be wished away, no matter how much some people - including Starmer - may desire it.
  • Options

If they were prostitutes, they'd turn up late, read their IPhones in flagrante delicto, and charge you and another punter for the same time.
    Explaining travel time buried in disbursements was always fun.

• Options

Oh you're awfully bitter Alan. I am sure she was fully engaged really.
  • Options

But 80% of the posts are lefty Tweets from Scott, so that balances it out :wink:
  • Options
    RobD said:

I would say 10% is pretty accurate. I only knew a few pro-Labour posters.
  • Options

I hope you told them that you always gave your johns great value for money.
    Well it did explain why they kept coming (fnarr) back for more.
  • Options

I very very much doubt that.

This site is probably closely aligned to the nation. I'd imagine roughly half the posters here voted Tory just like the nation as a whole.
  • Options

I was pretty close to that. Increasingly negative on May, really thought she should have gone in 2017. Warmish towards Boris, if not quite as fulsome as you.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Nobody’s saying it - but imagine the big scary thought that COVID emulates Spanish flu. That it comes back in a more dangerous (to the generally young and healthy) form in the autumn except for those who have had it in the first wave. And we’ve all missed the opportunity to get the “harmless” form thanks to the lockdowns.

Except for the Swedes. Who escaped the worst of the Spanish flu in 1918 because... they all got it in the first wave.
  • Options
    Spain tightens mask rules for all older than five

Wearing masks is being made compulsory in Spain both indoors and out in public if social distancing is not possible.

Only children under six and people with health issues are exempt from the law, which comes into force on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52735166
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,756
    alex_ said:

Nobody’s saying it - but imagine the big scary thought that COVID emulates Spanish flu. That it comes back in a more dangerous (to the generally young and healthy) form in the autumn except for those who have had it in the first wave. And we’ve all missed the opportunity to get the “harmless” form thanks to the lockdowns.

Except for the Swedes. Who escaped the worst of the Spanish flu in 1918 because... they all got it in the first wave.

the second wave of Spanish flu was more deadly than the first
  • Options

But 80% of the posts are lefty Tweets from Scott, so that balances it out :wink:
    Scott does his best, he is one of the few leftie posters I can think of.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I was pretty close to that. Increasingly negative on May, really thought she should have gone in 2017. Warmish towards Boris, if not quite as fulsome as you.
    I stand corrected. You're one of the posters I agree with the most so perhaps that shouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Floater said:

Conundrum of the day

Parcelgate -- add a new layer of internal packaging so it looks like you never got to see what was hidden inside. Or blackmail him.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    Clearly if someone becomes a part of our community by seeking citizenship or a permanent right to remain that is a different scenario.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,312
    IshmaelZ said:

Hancock was visibly uneasy as that tweet pointed out probably because he remembered he had left the iron on, not because he heard untruth after untruth uttered by the PM.

I have no doubt that the speaker upbraided him for trying to tell Johnson to STFU.

As for Boris, he reeled out the tractor stats well enough but Starmer kept, cleverly imo, pointing out that Johnson had not understood him. In sympathy not anger. That will be what does for Johnson if anything does - the more in sorrow than anger realisation that he simply is not 100%.

And whether you love (HYUFD) or loathe (me) him, he is only just back from death's door so it is hardly surprising.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,990

No doubt the first of many uncomfortable reports for the governments & administrations of the UK:

https://twitter.com/Jonathon_Shafi/status/1262858597362475012?s=20

LOL, how many read the Scotsman , 5-7K if very lucky. Nobody pays any attention to their unionist frothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Erm, isn't Scott an anti-Boris Tory?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:
    Clearly if someone becomes a part of our community by seeking citizenship or a permanent right to remain that is a different scenario.
    Of course. Anyone who becomes a UK citizen doesn't need to pay this surcharge.

It's very easy once more to see people wanting to throw money at everything and on an ongoing basis rather than come up with a solution. This surcharge raises nearly a billion pounds per year for the NHS ... should that be taken out of the NHS budget if this charge is dropped?
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Starmer coming over all 'holier than thou' and playing on emotions

Boris is not upto speed but not a complete walkover for Starmer today

Boris has a lot more to do to convince me he is back where he was before covid

I thought Boris did ok today. Starmer = typical LAB metropolitan windbag, all whinging, no solutions
    It’s not his job to offer solutions, it’s his job to hold the Prime Minister to account for his decisions and policies.
    Er yes it is. If LAB can't come up with any ideas/policies no one is going to vote for them!
    That’s not what PMQs is for. Stop whinging. You’re worse than the “metropolitan windbags” you deride so much.
    HAHAHA I leave the whinging to people like you! Enjoy opposition for another 20 years.
    I'll happily take that bet if you are willing to back up that prediction. What odds do you want?
  • Options

I stand corrected. Even less lefties than I thought then.
  • Options

F##k me, Spotify paid $100 million for the exclusive rights to Joe Rogan Podcast. That will buy you some McDonald's unhappy meals!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/spotify-strikes-exclusive-podcast-deal-with-joe-rogan-11589913814

Who is joe Rogan
  • Options
    edited May 2020

ex Tory I suspect.

Like TSE and more.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

So we don't even get to reduce any pension fund deficits because the wrong type of pensioner is dying? Jeez.
    Sorry about that.

I always thought I might go into a career after my retirement as an executive hitman, dealing with those particularly awkward individuals that blight organisations. Wealthy pensioners and serial complainers to HR would be obvious work generators.

In the end, I decided that the hours would probably be too unsocial.
    Go for it, you could get Phoebe Waller-Bridge to write a worldwide hit drama base on your activities.
    Slaying Senior or somesuch.
    Yes I can see it.

Alastair in a variety of quirky outfits in relentless pursuit of one particularly elusive target 'moaning wealthy pensioner' called Stephen something or other.

Only problem is I'm stuck for a title.
    AM's previous moniker was more enigmatic -

Antifrank

In a trendy retro typeface over swooping shots of the English Riviera with some obscure 60s girl band jangling in the background.

It's a start.
  • Options

We welcome lefties. The more the merrier. Some of them, however, get very frustrated with the perceived right wing nature of the site (as people have pointed out, I don't think it especially is) and then go off on one and get banned or bored.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

alex_ said:

the second wave of Spanish flu was more deadly than the first
    Which is the point of my post...?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

It does mean we stand out a bit more. For a PB Tory that is more difficult. They have to be unusually woke (like @TOPPING) or else they have to go to the other extreme and take quite ridiculously neanderthal positions like - well, no names no packdrill - or failing this they have to somehow manage to be Tory supporting and yet thoughtful and intelligent, which is no easy feat but is just about possible on a good day with a following wind.
  • Options

@bigjohnowls , @Gallowgate , @OnlyLivingBoy are 3 that immediately come to mind. Scott is a Tory in despair about Brexit.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

@bigjohnowls , @Gallowgate , @OnlyLivingBoy are 3 that immediately come to mind. Scott is a Tory in despair about Brexit.
    Nick Palmer waves...
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,602

Well there's a new YouGov. Labour are up to 33% and the Tory lead with YouGov is down to 15%. It was 20% last time and 24% in the last YouGov prior to Starmer being elected.

Johnson "Best PM" lead down from 24% to 12% in the course of a fortnight.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/246il6g7ik/TheTimes_VI_Trackers_200519_W.pdf
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,429
    NHS England numbers out - 166

• Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    OllyT said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Starmer coming over all 'holier than thou' and playing on emotions

Boris is not upto speed but not a complete walkover for Starmer today

Boris has a lot more to do to convince me he is back where he was before covid

I thought Boris did ok today. Starmer = typical LAB metropolitan windbag, all whinging, no solutions
    It’s not his job to offer solutions, it’s his job to hold the Prime Minister to account for his decisions and policies.
    Er yes it is. If LAB can't come up with any ideas/policies no one is going to vote for them!
    That’s not what PMQs is for. Stop whinging. You’re worse than the “metropolitan windbags” you deride so much.
    HAHAHA I leave the whinging to people like you! Enjoy opposition for another 20 years.
    I'll happily take that bet if you are willing to back up that prediction. What odds do you want?
    Betting?

I don't come here to talk about betting!

:lol:
  • Options

He is/was a Tory.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Floater said:

Conundrum of the day

Parcelgate -- add a new layer of internal packaging so it looks like you never got to see what was hidden inside. Or blackmail him.
    My wife is expecting a parcel imminently. Somewhat disappointingly I am told that this is pencils rather than an outfit.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

We welcome lefties. The more the merrier. Some of them, however, get very frustrated with the perceived right wing nature of the site (as people have pointed out, I don't think it especially is) and then go off on one and get banned or bored.
    Next you will be telling me Attila the Hun was a peace loving guy
  • Options
    RobD said:

He is/was a Tory.
    Really proves my point then, there are very few leftie posters here.
  • Options

Well there's a new YouGov. Labour are up to 33% and the Tory lead with YouGov is down to 15%. It was 20% last time and 24% in the last YouGov prior to Starmer being elected.

Johnson "Best PM" lead down from 24% to 12% in the course of a fortnight.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/246il6g7ik/TheTimes_VI_Trackers_200519_W.pdf
    I would be surprised if the Tory lead isn't in the single figures by the end of this year.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I was thinking of those three + me.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    I’m a centrist blairite scumbag
  • Options

RobD said:

He is/was a Tory.
    Proving your point would be doing a survey/census. While they are in the minority, I don't think it's 10%.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,277

Genuinely think Johnson might be worse than May at PMQs. Who said he was a good orator, he can hardly speak clearly.

I've never heard anyone say Johnson is a good orator, but he is undeniably gifted in handling an audience. His main problem with PMQs at the moment is the lack of an audience.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

I don't believe I have "gone off on one", I was just making an observation.

For me, I much prefer this site compared to others that just confirm my views.
  • Options

DavidL said:

You think there are only four labour voters on the site? :D
  • Options

A Tory then? I stand corrected.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

TOPPING said:

Next you will be telling me Attila the Hun was a peace loving guy
    Vegetarian and anti-foxhunting I believe.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

He is/was a Tory.
    Proving your point would be doing a survey/census. While they are in the minority, I don't think it's 10%.
    I think it's 10%.

@MikeSmithson can we do a poll of voter intention on this site? Would be genuinely curious.
  • Options
    RobD said:

DavidL said:

You think there are only four labour voters on the site? :D
    No those were the ones I could name off the top of my head.

When you post it's like you just discovered the emoji button on your keyboard.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

He is/was a Tory.
    I think it's 10%.

@MikeSmithson can we do a poll of voter intention on this site? Would be genuinely curious.
    The old proposal to make all the PB Tories wear a badge (mainly to be refused treatment on the NHS) didn't go down so well. :p
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Anyone sane knew there would be checks.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Have you fecked off and joined the tories yet?
  • Options
    Britain’s Jewish community, which comprises around 0.5 per cent of the population - just 264,000 people - has suffered a high death toll. Figures from the Board of Deputies of British Jews say that 458 Jews have lost their lives to the virus since the pandemic began.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-52731506/losing-a-beacon-of-light-of-the-uk-s-ultra-orthodox-community-to-coronavirus
  • Options

DavidL said:

Nick Palmer waves...
    Whoops! Embarrassing. Sorry @NickPalmer And no doubt many others. I also think 10% is low.
  • Options

I am NOT a Tory, I have a heart and don't lie.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    Floater said:

Have you fecked off and joined the tories yet?
    I would but @HYUFD says I’m not allowed.
  • Options

DavidL said:

I stand corrected. You're one of the posters I agree with the most so perhaps that shouldn't surprise me.
    You actually agree with me a lot, I sense. No surprise because we are both social liberals and like to look forwards and embrace the future rather than cling to old, outdated shibboleths.
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,602

DavidL said:

Nick Palmer waves...
    Me too, although I disguise it by being pro-Brexit.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

I don't believe I have "gone off on one", I was just making an observation.

For me, I much prefer this site compared to others that just confirm my views.
    I don't think you have gone off on one either. I'm just saying one reason I've observed for some lefties to have, er, left.

I hope you and all the other ones stay as long as you wish.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    malcolmg said:

No doubt the first of many uncomfortable reports for the governments & administrations of the UK:

https://twitter.com/Jonathon_Shafi/status/1262858597362475012?s=20

LOL, how many read the Scotsman , 5-7K if very lucky. Nobody pays any attention to their unionist frothing.
    So your not bothered about deaths, unless they can be blamed on Westminister?

• Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

RobD said:

I would say 10% is pretty accurate. I only knew a few pro-Labour posters.
    I agree , there is not many Labour posters on here .Probably more Lib dems than Labour.
    The comments are totally dominated by conservatives.
    One example is Phillip Thompson who seems a decent bloke, who seems to be on here constantly.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Nick Palmer waves...
    Whoops! Embarrassing. Sorry @NickPalmer And no doubt many others. I also think 10% is low.
    @RochdalePioneers, @SouthamObserver, @justin124 to name three other regulars.
This discussion has been closed.