Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The David Cameron paradox: His “little black book” could f

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Someone very kindly posted a link to an article regarding the improvements to education in Tower Hamlets earlier.

Strangely it doesn't mention immigration as a contributory factor, leaning more towards, 'Better Heads, sharing data, competition, good staff and local teaching assistants'.

How odd.

ww.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2013/dec/11/tower-hamlets-transforming-failing-schools-ofsted
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,932
    Evening all :)

As far as Nighthawks is concerned, To Cut A Long Story Short, it's my Instinction I may have to look Through The Barricades to appreciate the Communication.

On-topic, I'm intrigued by Cameron's comments which remind me of the infamous love-bombing from 2005-10.

"The Coalition is strong and radical" - well, that's nice to know and I agree both parties in the Coalition have introduced a more radical programme than many might have expected in 2010.

"but because of what I see as the problems facing Britain" - presumably, these are the problems which the Coalition has begun to address since 2010 and presumably which a future Coalition Government could continue to tackle.

"and what I want to do next as Prime Minister" - well, you could always allow the policies instigated since 2010 time to work or do you have some new ideas. Fine, let's hear them - they may well be ideas which both Coalition parties could sign up to.

"I feel very passionately I want single party Government" - I suppose that could mean he'd welcome a Labour majority Government but that suggests Cameron doesn't want a Coalition even if one were possible after the next election.

As I say, the words are intriguing but I begin to suspect that even if they don't achieve a majority at the next election, the Conservatives aren't looking at another Coalition.

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited December 2013
    London's schools were whirl click blame Thatcher, whirl click whirl, add section 28 whirl click, worst in country before year zero, click, whirl, click whirl, schools had no paper, click, click, whirl, click, texbooks had no covers, click, click, whirl. ILEA could do no wrong, click, whirl, click, click, whirl, click...da capo.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    After the ILEA was abolished, didn't the London boroughs have responsibility for education?

tim said:

Floater said:

john_zims said:

@isam

'Labour ran London education, in the guise of the GLC and ILEA, for most of the Thatcher Years'

True,but that won't stop Tim trying to re-write history.

Anyone that lived in London when Livingstone was running the GLC experienced the circus at first hand.

Exactly

The GLC was abolished in 1986
    ILEA in 1990
    Londons Schools were the worst in the country in 1997

This is beyond blaming the BBC for everything, and certainly doesn't even begin to explain why they had improved beyond all expectations by 2010
  • Options
    Good evening, everyone.

Just seen that we (and the US) have suspended aid to the FSA (Free Syrian Army) after a new alliance of Islamist rebel groups seized numerous FSA bases.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25331241
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    I'll laugh my socks off if one of these students who is taking part in the #copsoffcampus laptop gets nicked. Cretinous.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Barca and Celtic fans must both be screaming 'NEY-MAR GOALS!!!'
  • Options
    New Thread
This discussion has been closed.