Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The David Cameron paradox: His “little black book” could f

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited December 2013 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The David Cameron paradox: His “little black book” could form both the CON and LD manifestos

“..The coalition is still strong and radical, he says, ‘but because of what I see as the problems facing Britain — and what I want to do next as Prime Minister — I feel very passionately that I want single party government’. It’s strange, I say, he doesn’t come across as a man held captive by the perfidious Liberal Democrats.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,397
    edited December 2013
    First!

Is Dave a TINO? Tory in name only?
  • Options
    but what about his weight?
  • Options
    Perfidious Lib Dems?

Where have I heard that line before?

::Innocent Face::
  • Options
    Coalition at work - a Lib Dem MP in the last question called at PMQs, gave Cammo the cue for his selfie-pun about a photo with a Kinnock clan member...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359
    Welcome back Mike - hope the funeral was not too distressing, and thanks for getting back to pb so swiftly.
  • Options
    To revive one of my memes, IHT, if the little book included some aspiration on this once again - say only once the UK was in a budget surplus (guessed to towards the end of the next Parliament) would that be a disaster or a vote winner for the blues?

Open question.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,984

Welcome back Mike - hope the funeral was not too distressing, and thanks for getting back to pb so swiftly.

Seconded
  • Options
    Bah! I'm dipping my toe in the PB waters and it seems every time I post, a new thread goes up. Anyway, running the risk of showing fearful vanity, here's what I posted a little while ago in response to tim saying PMQs was dull:

I got the chance to listen to PMQs for the first time in a while, and dull isn't the word I'd use. I'd go for 'catastrophic' - for Labour, in that IMO they didn't lay a glove on the PM specifically or the Government in general.

There is a risk in Cameron still, after more than 3 years of being in power, going for the 'We're clearing up the mess that lot left' line, but I think it's effective because he can say, with credibility, the previous government left such a mess that it can't be cleared up quickly.

Even the 'cost of living crisis' line can, I think, be rebutted by Cameron saying it takes a long time and difficult decisions to clear up the mess left by Labour. I like how he didn't try to duck questions about the living costs and disposable incomes, but instead basically said 'Bring it on if you really want to talk about the economy'. A stance that's backed up by the polls showing the Govt is still more trusted to run the economy than Labour are...
  • Options

To revive one of my memes, IHT, if the little book included some aspiration on this once again - say only once the UK was in a budget surplus (guessed to towards the end of the next Parliament) would that be a disaster or a vote winner for the blues?

Open question.

Remember in the good times, when George announced his IHT policy, it stopped the election that never was and Darling copied most of that policy within weeks.

So probably a vote winner in the next Parliament.

• Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Tim

FPT

'People forget just what a dump much of London turned into under the Tories, who had also wrecked local govt in the city.

They vandalised the capital and it's schools.'

What a stupid comment,even by your standards.

Have you actually ever lived in London or anywhere other than the Sociailist Republic of Scouseland?
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited December 2013
    On topic, Mike's mostly right, but there are also things that a populist opposition might put in a manifesto but don't work well in practice, because they're either impossible or won't have the effects the voters think they will. Ed Miliband's price fix is a classic example of the genre, but normally governments can't really do the same, because people will just ask why they haven't done it already. Since there's now a coalition partner to blame things on, the governing parties have a bit more leeway to pander.

The complication is that if they announce them too soon the LibDems will say, "No, we support free self-cleaning mobility ponies for pensioners as well, we won't stop you". That means the Tories won't be able to tell people what's in the little black book until we get quite close to the election.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    So the Lib Dem manifesto will be - we stopped the most right wing government since Thatcher being even more right wing. What's more worrying is that the Lib Dem manifesto might be entirely shot of vision about what a Britain under the Lib Dems would be like and merely be about 'what we stopped the the Tories doing' and a few policies of their own.
  • Options
    Mike, hope you and your family are coping with your loss.
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@Tim

FPT

'People forget just what a dump much of London turned into under the Tories, who had also wrecked local govt in the city.

Have you actually ever lived in London or anywhere other than the Sociailist Republic of Scouseland?

Labour ran London education, in the guise of the GLC and ILEA, for most of the Thatcher Years

• Options
    MillsyMillsy Posts: 900
    So everyone's a winner from the outpourings of Cameron's little black book??
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    I have no way of finding out but my gut feeling is that most pensioners are not wealthy...
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited December 2013
    tim said:

The Tories wrecked govt in London deliberately and left it's schools the worst in the country.

LOL!

Were you living, as I was, in London when Red Ken was at the GLC? The idea that the GLC (and the bizarre duplication with the responsibilities of local councils) was some kind of model of good governance is one of your funniest suggestions ever.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
    Whirl click Thatcher destroyed London Schools, whirl Click Tories burnt books whirl click, click, cut school meals forced hard working London to accept Dean Swift's Modest Proposals...whirl Click...free school our idea stolen by that thief Gove...whirl Click, click...PISA tests GIGO...no basis for international comparision...squawk, squawk, squawk....
  • Options
    I have a problem with hitting pensioners in this regard - your working life is, in part also about accumulating enough benefits to see you through ok when you cease to work, ie in retirement and the decumulation stage.

When someone retires they are hoping their accumulated wealth plus the state benefits they have paid towards during their working lives are then honoured for as long as they live.

You hit pensioners now, you are altering the contract of the 40-50 years before when they were the working population.

That seems wrong to me - yes there are wealthy pensioners for sure and if they are that wealthy, they too pay income tax and indeed the Govt's equalising of the personal allowance for those under 65 soon catching up with those 65+ (the mis-represented Granny Tax) is very fair from that angle too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

tim said:

The Tories wrecked govt in London deliberately and left it's schools the worst in the country.

LOL!

Were you living, as I was, in London when Red Ken was at the GLC? The idea that the GLC (and the bizarre duplication with the resonsibilities of local councils) was some kind of model of good governance is one your funniest suggestions ever.
    My father worked for both the GLC and the ILEA, not that you'd need to be employed by them to know that a very left wing brand of Labour politics,ran London education for the majority of Thatcher's time as PM

Education in Inner London in the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COt65HZCJaA
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy Posts: 900
    Interesting article from Andrew Hawkins of ComRes, basically saying that Tory 2010 voters have recently started switching more to Ukip rather than Labour and therefore depressing Labour's share of the vote - but also reducing the potential extent of a straight Labour-Tory swingback.

http://comresupdates.eu.com/DCJ-21MAH-B9DPBHYPEE/cr.aspx
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
    Al BEEB -

BREAKING NEWS:Archbishop Desmond Tutu's house burgled while he attended Nelson Mandela memorial on Tuesday, reports say.
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited December 2013
    tim said:

I the past you've criticised the wrecking of Londons govt by the 1979-1997 tories, and I realise the BBC or someone else will be to blame for the state of Londons schools in the 90's but the population carried on electing Labour councils, something changed and schools imporved out of all proportion.

Credit where credit is due: What changed was some good Blairite reforms, introduced by Blair and Adonis against the wishes of his own party and local councils, which Michael Gove recognises, has learnt from and is rolling out nationwide. In that sense, Gove is just doing on a much larger scale what Blair wanted to do.
  • Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited December 2013
    Good to see that Mr Justice Sweeney is once again on top of case management...
    Mark White @skymarkwhite 1h
    Jury in Lee Rigby murder trial being sent home today without hearing any evidence - they were told a point of law has arisen #woolwich
  • Options
    Millsy said:

So everyone's a winner from the outpourings of Cameron's little black book??

I guess the idea is that everyone's a winner except UKIP. Although if it ends up raising the salience of their issues it could end up being good for them, too, in which case it's good for everyone except Con...
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370
    edited December 2013
    Differentiation is not something that can just be left to the Lib Dems. The tories need to do it too but they both need to do it in a way which does not diminish their considerable achievements as a Coalition.

I would expect the major areas of difference between the two at the next election to be

(a) the balance between tax increases and spending cuts needed to continue to reduce the deficit and above all the underlying structural deficit. The tories will argue that there is still too much waste in government spending. The Lib Dems that the vulnerable are getting hurt by the cuts. Both are right of course.

(b) Europe, although the differences might be less than might have been thought with both committed to some form of re-negotiation and some sort of a referendum with at least the leadership of both committed to a yes vote. Cameron may hedge his bets depending on the outcome of the negotiations but I doubt it.

(c) Green taxes. The tories will be opposed to any new green taxes that increase the cost of energy to the public or business. The Lib Dems are likely to be more equivocal.

(d) Tax rates although again the differences are likely to be fairly marginal rather than anything fundemental.

(e) possibly the West Lothian Question and implementation of the McKay report.

(f) ehhh... (edit) I should have mentioned boundary reform and a reduction in the number of MPs. Anyone think of anything else substantial?

Unless we are going to get a whole lot of surprises that may be a very small little black book.

• Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @isam

'Labour ran London education, in the guise of the GLC and ILEA, for most of the Thatcher Years'

True,but that won't stop Tim trying to re-write history.

Anyone that lived in London when Livingstone was running the GLC experienced the circus at first hand.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    tim said:

@Zims

Labour left with its schools having improved beyond all comparison, and left a capital to be proud of.

Do you actually believe this stuff?
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@Tim

FPT

He's Scouse is he that explains it all. I can now reconcile all the **** he writes in the proper context.
  • Options
    “there’s a good list of things I have put in my little black book that I haven’t been able to do which will form the next Tory manifesto.“”

Could these be the same 16 policies Clegg claimed to have thwarted at party conference earlier this year? - Assuming the ‘perfidious Liberal Democrat’ was being honest - or something entirely new!
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I LOL at this http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100250177/my-cunning-plan-for-crashing-ed-milibands-christmas-party/

"Then I had a brainwave. “The reason you never get invited to Ed’s parties is because you write nasty things about him”, I said to myself, perceptively. So the solution’s simple. Write something nice. I wouldn’t necessarily have to mean it. I could write some glowing tribute this week, then go back to eviscerating him the next. A bit like Polly Toynbee did with Gordon Brown.

So I sat down and started to type. “It’s time for people, myself included, to hold up our hands and say 'I was wrong about Ed Miliband." But then I looked down at the screen. The words “Sorry. But Ed Miliband still doesn’t get it” were staring back at me.

I hastily hit delete, and started again. “This year Ed Miliband has finally shown he has what it takes to be Prime Minister”. And it happened again. “This was the year Ed Miliband’s chances of becoming Prime Minister crumbled to dust”.

I turned autocorrect on and off, fiddled with spellcheck, and tried a third time. “Like it nor not, Ed Miliband appears to be moving closer towards his date with political destiny”. I closed my eyes and opened them. And there it was: “Ed Miliband? Are you having a laugh?”
  • Options
    tim said:

Next said:

tim said:

@Zims

Labour left with its schools having improved beyond all comparison, and left a capital to be proud of.

Do you actually believe this stuff?

Which bit is incorrect, that the Tories wrecked London govt or left it's schools the worst in the country in 1997?

Or you don't believe the current situation where the schools are the best in the country and London is a capital to be proud of?
    Let's start with "The Tories wrecked govt in London deliberately".

• Options
    tim said:

Credit to the Lib Dems, they've siezed on Camerons own goal quickly and adroitly

https://amillionjobs-libdems.nationbuilder.com/little_black_book_help_us?recruiter_id=30438

"Liberal Democrats think these policies are unfair. Do you want schools to be run for profit? Or a records of all your emails and texts to be kept? Or do you want your boss to be allowed to fire you at will?"

Memo to LibDems: you are not in opposition, so stop with the criticism of the government and tells us what you will positively do.
  • Options
    macisback said:

john_zims said:

@Tim

FPT

He's Scouse is he that explains it all. I can now reconcile all the **** he writes in the proper context.
    What is it about Tories and Liverpool? Given your northern problem I don't expect things to change too soon.

Conservatives. Failing to win a majority since 1992.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Labour ran Education in London in the 80s, and gave the children maths questions that asked them to work out the difference in arms spending between the USA & the USSR in order to create support for communism, and History lessons that linked the treatment of prisoners in Auschwitz to contemporary British Police treatment of Trade Union protestors
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Was education in 80's GLC London as poor as that under Labour in 2013 Wales?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Pope Francis named Time Magazine's Person of the Year

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden was runner-up.
  • Options
    Next said:

tim said:

Credit to the Lib Dems, they've siezed on Camerons own goal quickly and adroitly

https://amillionjobs-libdems.nationbuilder.com/little_black_book_help_us?recruiter_id=30438

"Liberal Democrats think these policies are unfair. Do you want schools to be run for profit? Or a records of all your emails and texts to be kept? Or do you want your boss to be allowed to fire you at will?"

Memo to LibDems: you are not in opposition, so stop with the criticism of the government and tells us what you will positively do.
    Er....... they're criticising things the government hasn't done as I understand it. It's Cameron who is criticising the government - for not being right wing enough.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927
    john_zims said:

@Tim

FPT

I lived in London during the 80s, and I don't recall the Capital or its government being wrecked. Rather the reverse. The economy boomed, the last of the bombsites were built over, the rejuvenation of the Isle of Dogs started, and much of the city was gentrified.

• Options
    To be honest, I don't think a Cameron-led government in which the Conservatives had a working majority would do much that is different to the current government.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,059
    tim said:

all the polling shows the Tory brand is still utterly toxic and people regard the Lib Dems as a restraining influence on the nasty party of the rich that they quite like.

Which explains why the LibDems are soaring in the polls... oh... wait...
  • Options
    ILEA was a joke. But it was not replaced with anything better. London's schools improved dramatically from 1997 onwards in both Labour and Tory boroughs, which does rather suggest that something could have been done previous to 1997 if there had been any political will.

• Options
    Plato said:
    I hope that Dan has been saving most of his Telegraph fees, because one way or another he has less than 18 months to cash in on his routine.
  • Options

ILEA was a joke. But it was not replaced with anything better. London's schools improved dramatically from 1997 onwards in both Labour and Tory boroughs, which does rather suggest that something could have been done previous to 1997 if there had been any political will.

A friend of mine who went to school in Lambeth at the time thought that ILEA was actually not as bad as the people who ran Lambeth's education department, after ILEA was abolished.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited December 2013
    Another PMQ's where Milliband was slapped down again, the Leftie panic on here today is palpable, they suddenly realise they have bought a very early Turkey.
  • Options

Plato said:
    I hope that Dan has been saving most of his Telegraph fees, because one way or another he has less than 18 months to cash in on his routine.
    No real view on Hodges output.. but I can understand someone not tiring of writing the same thing over and over again!!!

• Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    I've been away for a little while, did Dan Hodges ever explain the background to the internal Tory polling from the marginals he was going on about?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Plato said:
    Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be capable of adapting his comedy lines to fit the next Labour leader.

• Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    "Little black book" - a most unfortunate phrase with deeply damaging overtones on many levels for the Tories.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

To be honest, I don't think a Cameron-led government in which the Conservatives had a working majority would do much that is different to the current government.

Please point this out to as many Lib Dims as possible.
  • Options
    On topic - Confirming that the Tories would have been a lot more right wing if the LDs had not been there to constrain them is not necessarily the best idea.
  • Options

"Little black book" - a most unfortunate phrase with deeply damaging overtones on many levels for the Tories.

Dont hold back - give us the lowdown on 2 or 3 of those levels.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

A friend of mine who went to school in Lambeth at the time thought that ILEA was actually not as bad as the people who ran Lambeth's education department, after ILEA was abolished.

From memory Lambeth was an absolute cesspit of the worst kind of lefty bollox. Those days still send a shudder down my spine. They were utterly horrific.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Here comes the nudge nudge brigade - too yellow to post.

"Ooh Cam can't go there on Flowers" --- until he does...

"Oooh Boris - the bodies are buried " --- until he becomes mayor - twice.

• Options
    tim said:

Neil said:

I've been away for a little while, did Dan Hodges ever explain the background to the internal Tory polling from the marginals he was going on about?

The poll didn't exist, the only interesting point there is why charlatan Dan claimed it existed.

You mean whether he was stupid or dishonest?

Couldnt he be both?
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

Sean_F said:

From memory Lambeth was an absolute cesspit of the worst kind of lefty bollox. Those days still send a shudder down my spine. They were utterly horrific.

At least the schools were located in a nuclear free zone.

• Options

Little Black Book - an abridged version of the movie about the Dutch Resistance starring Carice van Houten?
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

Very droll ...

• Options

Sean_F said:

Remarkably, the Conservatives actually gained the Lambeth Norwood division, in the 1981 GLC elections, at a time when they lost to Labour, thanks to the behaviour of Lambeth council.

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2013
    This is Nigel Farage's last speech of the year in Strasbourg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV93cc4tik

[note, edited by rcs1000 to give correct link]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

How do you know there weren't any nucular waste trains passing through Clapham Junction back then?
  • Options
    We all need to be careful or at least detailed when talking aboutn London in the 80s.

The HUGE thing that made the difference was the Big Bang and the overall direction of the Thatcher government. It was the explosion of financial services and the avalanche of money from this that set London on its path to glory. (Plus buy your council house)

At the same time at the local government level there was the Ken/GLC/Militant/lefty bullshit squalor. 'Today Brent East, tomorrow Soweto'. (FFS!)

I lived in London then and the disconnect between the two mindsets was amazing.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Remarkably, the Conservatives actually gained the Lambeth Norwood division, in the 1981 GLC elections, at a time when they lost to Labour, thanks to the behaviour of Lambeth council.

Everywhere that Militant and their fellow travellers went was left much worse off than it had been. Their creed was utterly destructive. I spent most of the 80s wanting to do physical harm to each and every one of them. Hate is a very negative emotion, but I never hated anyone like I hated the scumbags that almost brought Labour to its knees. The day that Kinnock delivered his Militant speech at the Labour conference and the fight back started was among the best of my life up to then. At last something was happening and there was hope. He may have morphed into something I do not like very much these days, but for that speech and what he did following it Kinnock has my eternal gratitude.
  • Options
    @ Sean Fear

I came across both Ted Knight and Linda Bellos at separate times well after their association with Lambeth Council (which I dont remember firsthand) ended. It was difficult to believe either of them had ever been in a position of real power!
  • Options
    tim said:
    You're not denying Labour ran education in 80s London are you?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tim said:
    Funny. Your Guardian link fails to mention that immigration caused the improvement in education standards in Tower Hamlets.

They put it down to better teaching, teachers, assessment and competition.

Did you write in and ask for a correction?

• Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    Neil said:

1 Suggests the Tories have a hidden agenda
    2 Provides support for Clegg's claims to have prevented the Tories from being "extreme"
    3 Use of "black" in that context will upset the PC brigade and many BAME voters and further undermines Cameron's already shaky claims to be a moderniser
    4 Is a gift to the other parties - they can now indulge in endless speculation about what is in the little black book - abolish the NHS, bring back grammar schools, tax cuts for the rich, eat babies for breakfast etc etc
    5 As OGH points out, the Lib Dems need to encourage tactical anti-Tory voting as much as they can - this will help them in that task
  • Options

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

How do you know there weren't any nucular waste trains passing through Clapham Junction back then?
    Clapham Junction is in Wandsworth, Sunil. Shame on you for not knowing that! ;)

• Options
    Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

Er, um, Just seeing how long my fellow PBers would take to notice, Neil!
  • Options

Neil said:

4 Is a gift to the other parties - they can now indulge in endless speculation about what is in the little black book - abolish the NHS, bring back grammar schools, tax cuts for the rich, eat babies for breakfast etc etc
    Yes, the other parties never indulged in that before...
  • Options
    Neil said:

@ Sean Fear

I came across both Ted Knight and Linda Bellos at separate times well after their association with Lambeth Council (which I dont remember firsthand) ended. It was difficult to believe either of them had ever been in a position of real power!

Linda Bellos. Lord help us. Just the name brings me out in a sweat. And there was Frances Morrell at ILEA too ...

• Options

Neil said:

3 Use of "black" in that context will upset the PC brigade and many BAME voters and further undermines Cameron's already shaky claims to be a moderniser

"Black Friday" seems to have done ok - despite being howwwibly wacist.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited December 2013
    Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

People keep on telling me to avoid Clapham Common, something to do with it being frequented by Labour Cabinet Ministers.

• Options

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

There was a a geiger counter on the roof of the GLC pointed at Waterloo Station. Every day it's reading was painted onto a banner hung on the facade of the building facing the Thames.

This number was widely misunderstood as its decimal point was often misplaced.

• Options

Everywhere that Militant and their fellow travellers went was left much worse off than it had been.

They've contented themselves lately with ruining a major national public sector trade union and the far-left in Scotland.

• Options
    Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

The trains through Clapham Junction from Victoria, pass through Lambeth to the south, whereas the trains through Clapham Junction from Waterloo pass through Lambeth to the north, but why you would want to take nuclear material to Victoria or Waterloo is beyond me. It would surely go around London to the West, via Reading and Birmingham.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox/142e209cc388e778

Mike - are you sure it's wise to allow everyone on PB access to your inbox.

Don't worry, I've signed you out, so nobody will be able to read your emails
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Thanks a lot. Stupid of me.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

john_zims said:

@Tim

FPT

I lived in London during the 80s, and I don't recall the Capital or its government being wrecked. Rather the reverse. The economy boomed, the last of the bombsites were built over, the rejuvenation of the Isle of Dogs started, and much of the city was gentrified.

Quite. London surged and boomed in the 80s - you could feel it. Restaurants proliferated, property prices spiralled, new cars appeared, it was a transformation - the beginning of the transformation that took London from dowdy ex-imperial capital to the glittering global metropolis it is today.

Need proof? London's population, which had been shrinking since the 1930s, stopped shrinking in the mid 80s, and began growing again. It hasn't stopped since.

http://www.geocases2.co.uk/printable/images/London process and change_img_3.jpg

Not for the first time, tim is talking total, and provable, bollocks.
    Expect no better he is Scouse, incidentally he repeatedly attacks IDS presumably for his war on professional benefit claiming. He should be grateful in parts of Liverpool 40% of working age people rely totally on benefit, IDS is doing his bit to cut this cancer which has over time reduced his City to the cesspit it has become.

• Options

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

The trains through Clapham Junction from Victoria, pass through Lambeth to the south, whereas the trains through Clapham Junction from Waterloo pass through Lambeth to the north, but why you would want to take nuclear material to Victoria or Waterloo is beyond me. It would surely go around London to the West, via Reading and Birmingham.
    So a nuclear train had an accident in Birmingham, I think that's the only explanation for Birmingham New Street Station.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

The Dungeness waste trains go to Willesden via Lewisham and Clapham.

It would have taken a failure major accident to release enough radiation to affect a detector on the roof of the GLC. Perhaps Red Ken's chums visiting from behind the Iron Curtain were triggering the sensors with irradiated clothing?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

This is the right link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV93cc4tik
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Ed playing catch up again. Late to the funeral, now this...

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/12/now-ed-miliband-is-on-teamnigella-too/
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Ed Balls good week continues...

@tnewtondunn: Appears @RachelReevesMP 'mis-spoke'. Source close to @edballsmp: “The BSP is not and cannot be included in any welfare cap in the shortterm"

@Mr_Eugenides: “…with Ed Balls next to him like a South African deaf interpreter, making up hand signals as he went along” http://t.co/rIjQbILpCj
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

Actually the Victoria to CJ line doesn't pass through Lambeth. But you can head also northwest from CJ via the West London Line, and also northeast through Clapham and Brixton, the latter route most definitely passing through Lambeth.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

This is the right link
    Thanks Mike for the missing link.

• Options
    TGOHF said:

Neil said:

Wasn't the Black Prince an early immigrant from Africa? Or am I confusing him with the cruiser sunk at Jutland?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

Wasn't the Black Prince an early immigrant from Africa? Or am I confusing him with the cruiser sunk at Jutland?
    Who can ever forgive AC/DC for their seminal "Back in Black" CD - surely the most wacist wecord ever ?

• Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    That's Linda Bellos OBE (2006) and businesswoman.

Wonder if she now votes Conservative.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

I dont think it would be a good use of time for your lot to knock her up in 2015.
  • Options
    tim said:

Neil said:

JohnO said:

I dont think it would be a good use of time for your lot to knock her up in 2015.

I can think of at least two reasons why Linda Bellos is unlikely to get knocked up by JohnO
    Is the lady not for turning?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Neil said:

JohnO said:

The name sounds familiar

I think I've met Linda Bellos at a LGBT event
  • Options

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

People keep on telling me to avoid Clapham Common, something to do with it being frequented by Labour Cabinet Ministers.

Out badger spotting (until Owen Paterson shot them all)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Neil said:

JohnO said:

Oh I don't know. Perhaps after another of those pb parties, I might end up in Norwich.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

If Owen isnt careful his may be the second Cabinet career the badgers do for in recent times.
  • Options
    Neil said:

JohnO said:

Neil said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

If Owen isnt careful his may be the second Cabinet career the badgers do for in recent times.
    Don't misunderestimate Owen, have you forgotten his brilliant work in Northern Ireland uniting the Tories and Ulster Unionists to electoral success in 2010?
  • Options
    tim said:

Neil said:

JohnO said:

I can think of at least two reasons why Linda Bellos is unlikely to get knocked up by JohnO
    Improved electoral algorithms from Tory HQ and...?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Neil said:

tim said:

Neil said:

JohnO said:

Improved electoral algorithms from Tory HQ and...?
    She's a Lesbian.

Edit: Although with JohnO's charm, anything is possible
  • Options
    Black book? Why didn't Cameron call it his orange book? Much nicer colour and might have appealed to the UKIP types who voted for Kilroy Silk.
  • Options
    tim said:

Next said:

tim said:

You don't expect them to stop Cameron when he's in the midst of smashing the ball into the back of his own net do you, they've got marginal seats to think about.
    Get yourself a competent leader or stop moaning, nobody keeps forcing TeamNigella to make an arse of himself.
    Oh dear. tim digs at cammo on team nigella and then this...

Now Ed Miliband is on #TeamNigella too!

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/12/now-ed-miliband-is-on-teamnigella-too/
This discussion has been closed.