Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » David Cowling examines Cobyn’s claim that LAB would have won G

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

humbugger said:

Floater said:
    This is just as bad as that other case of the Labour Councillor. Assuming Guido's story is correct, she should be sacked by the NHS and thrown out of the Labour Party.

I've no idea if any of the MSM ran with this story but if so they should run very prominent retractions.

Can't say I'm too surprised by Labour activists in the NHS making it up,
    Cant say i am surprised Tory posters think stories about PPE shortages are made up.

Unfortunately for you guys NHS Providers the NHS Confederation and the Government seem to admit some Trusts are critically low on gowns.

The bloke who reckons she is lying looks like a political activist too if you read his tweets and retweets.

And as for Guido

Her post about Johnson is disgusting
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Crude Oil at £4 a barrell!

No, can i get hold of a couple of barrels
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629

humbugger said:

Floater said:
    This is just as bad as that other case of the Labour Councillor. Assuming Guido's story is correct, she should be sacked by the NHS and thrown out of the Labour Party.

I've no idea if any of the MSM ran with this story but if so they should run very prominent retractions.

Cant say i am surprised Tory posters think stories about PPE shortages are made up.

Unfortunately for you guys NHS Providers the NHS Confederation and the Government seem to admit some Trusts are critically low on gowns.

The bloke who reckons she is lying looks like a political activist too if you read his tweets and retweets.

And as for Guido

Considering Matt Hancock is freely admitting that supplies of key elements are in critically short supply, perhaps we need to consider if he is a deep mole Labouf activist.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Professor Carl Henegan (Oxon) says the data shows that infections peaked before lockdown.

If this is right, have we just mugged off our economy for no good reason?

Blimey! Carl was one of my drinking buddies at Uni. Amazing how people grow up into serious people :smiley:
  • Options
    Foxy said:

humbugger said:

Floater said:

And as for Guido

Considering Matt Hancock is freely admitting that supplies of key elements are in critically short supply, perhaps we need to consider if he is a deep mole Labouf activist.
    Or being honest
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,622
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,232
    Just been out for a ride.

That wind is fearsome.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    I'm getting the sense the tide is turning. The public may sense this too as there's definitely more traffic on the main road outside my house today.

Watch the pressure build for a phased relaxation over the next few days.
  • Options
    Things easing up at my Trust a little now, with more ICU capacity.

Trying to get more of the non-covid19 stuff in, but patients very reluctant. Like the airlines, we have loads of capacity but little demand.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123

Just rejoice at this news.

Domino's fans 'outraged' as chain drops the Hawaiian pizza from its new simplified menu

No more pineapple pizzas for a while…

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/lifestyle/dominos-fans-outraged-as-chain-drops-the-hawaiian-pizza-from-its-new-simplified-menu/

Dominos - you're dead to me.
  • Options
    johnoundlejohnoundle Posts: 120
    Foxy said:

alex_ said:

Notwithstanding the general point about the negotiations and transition extension, it wouldn’t be surprising if negotiations might actually be going easier (at this stage) because nobody has any interest in public grandstanding.
    Nobody has to win. They just not have to lose.
    I hope they succeed

Someone said a poll shows two thirds wanting an extension

How would a poll look if the following questions were asked and are very relevant:

Are you prepared to pay the EU billions to extend the transistion

Are you prepared to become involved in bailing out EU countries post covid

Are you prepared to allow the EU, backed by the ECJ, to inhibit how we deal with the financial repercussions of covid 19
    The billions are committed by the "oven ready deal" whipped through Parliament without much scrutiny are they not?

We are not in the EZ so exempt from Coronabonds.

In what way is the ECJ currently interfering with the governments plans? Why would that be different next year?

Not that it matters to me, as I am quite OK with No Deal Brexit, but it would be quite a whack to parts of the economy.

Alistair Darling who attended the emergency bailout meeting in 2010, whilst the Tories & Lib Dems were still in coalition talks, also thought that as we were not in EZ we would not be required to support the bailout. But then an obscure clause from the Lisbon agreement was found & the UK was required to give £13 billion.in support.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

isam said:

@Richard_Tyndall @rcs1000

7pm BBC4 every night during lockdown

Bob Ross!

Who
    A cultural icon for our times... for all times.
    I am just an oldy - he is not on my radar I am afraid
    He's a painter who was on TV in the 80s and early 90s
  • Options
    $2.50 now.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779
    Andy_JS said:
    If you hold it for me I'll buy all you've got.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Andy_JS said:

$2.50 now.

I think I read somewhere (possibly here) that that's the break even point for Saudi.
  • Options

isam said:

Bob Ross!

Who
    Thank you
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Andy_JS said:

$2.50 now.

I think I read somewhere (possibly here) that that's the break even point for Saudi.
    Although it's American oil, not Brent Crude which is still at $26.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,383

isam said:

Bob Ross!

Who
    Bob Ross is hugely popular in Americaland. I expect some BBC4 Oxbridge-educated intern discovered him on Reddit which, to be fair, is how I heard about him.
  • Options

Foxy said:

alex_ said:

Notwithstanding the general point about the negotiations and transition extension, it wouldn’t be surprising if negotiations might actually be going easier (at this stage) because nobody has any interest in public grandstanding.
    I hope they succeed

How would a poll look if the following questions were asked and are very relevant:

Are you prepared to allow the EU, backed by the ECJ, to inhibit how we deal with the financial repercussions of covid 19
    The billions are committed by the "oven ready deal" whipped through Parliament without much scrutiny are they not?

In what way is the ECJ currently interfering with the governments plans? Why would that be different next year?

Not that it matters to me, as I am quite OK with No Deal Brexit, but it would be quite a whack to parts of the economy.

Alistair Darling who attended the emergency bailout meeting in 2010, whilst the Tories & Lib Dems were still in coalition talks, also thought that as we were not in EZ we would not be required to support the bailout. But then an obscure clause from the Lisbon agreement was found & the UK was required to give £13 billion.in support.
    Plenty of time to clarify that before the June deadline.

Not that I am bothered by No Deal. My job is not at risk, indeed I expect to be very much in demand for the next year or two.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Foxy said:

Trying to get more of the non-covid19 stuff in, but patients very reluctant. Like the airlines, we have loads of capacity but little demand.

I'm curious, is it possible at most hospitals to run basically 2 separate/distanced hospitals within the same building for covid and non-covid patients?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280
    Andy_JS said:

tlg86 said:

Andy_JS said:

$2.50 now.

The problem for American oil is the cost of storing it while it isn’t wanted.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Thats like Covid 19 testing.

Low demand among the allowed groups

Less than 50% of capacity used yesterday.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Andy_JS said:

tlg86 said:

Andy_JS said:

$2.50 now.

Ah right, thanks.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Foxy said:

I'm curious, is it possible at most hospitals to run basically 2 separate/distanced hospitals within the same building for covid and non-covid patients?
    We do already in Leicester, but the non covid19 patients won't come (apart from an uptick in gardening and DIY injuries according to my colleagues in ED).
  • Options
    timmo said:

WTI oil May contract trading at $4 a barrell yes $4 a barrell.

Let's hear what the Donald has to say about that

And Sturgeon, at the time of the 2014 referendum the oil price was around $100 & the numbers still didn't add up.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,601
    There’s nowhere to store any pumped surplus any longer.

Singapore’s largest oil trader just went bust, amid allegations of accounting fraud, too.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

timmo said:

And Sturgeon, at the time of the 2014 referendum the oil price was around $100 & the numbers still didn't add up.
    To be fair, that's Brent, which is at $20 a barrel, not WTI (at less than $2)
  • Options

Foxy said:

humbugger said:

Floater said:

And as for Guido

Or being honest
    Well quite
  • Options
    I think we can say Trump's efforts to prop up the American oil market haven't worked.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,944

timmo said:

There has been an interesting decoupling between WTI and Brent prices over the last few months. There was always a premium on Brent crude but they generally kept the same difference between them. Right now WTI futures are trading at $1.40 a barrel whilst Brent crude is trading at $26.35. Not sure why this decoupling has occurred.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,447

humbugger said:

Floater said:

And as for Guido

I think everyone, regardless of affiliation, recognises there is a problem with PPE.
    It's quite depressing though when you get trolls like her whose sole aim is to make the government look bad.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138

isam said:

Bob Ross!

Who
    Bob Ross is hugely popular in Americaland. I expect some BBC4 Oxbridge-educated intern discovered him on Reddit which, to be fair, is how I heard about him.
    His entire back catalogue is available for free on YouTube - I’ve been watching it to destress for years.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Cookie said:

Crude Oil is now hovering around $10 a barrel. I am no expert in this field, but this feels as if it could have some significant implications. Anyone want to advance any informed opinions on what?

Short term not much, medium term Russia fucked, long term middle East fucked.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

timmo said:

There has been an interesting decoupling between WTI and Brent prices over the last few months. There was always a premium on Brent crude but they generally kept the same difference between them. Right now WTI futures are trading at $1.40 a barrel whilst Brent crude is trading at $26.35. Not sure why this decoupling has occurred.
    Differential in shutdown costs and oil companies being willing to take short term losses in order to avoid shutting down.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,095

timmo said:

Always a laff to see Unionists crowing about the UK exchequer losing a chunk of revenue just to do down the Nats.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    You don't wanna be the one left holding corporate bonds issued by Texas oil producers just at the moment...
  • Options
    alteregoalterego Posts: 1,100
    Alistair said:

Cookie said:

Crude Oil is now hovering around $10 a barrel. I am no expert in this field, but this feels as if it could have some significant implications. Anyone want to advance any informed opinions on what?

Doesn't do much for the oil companies either - any term
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Literally is there any way for a retail investor to buy oil without having to actually own an oil refinery or storage tank or whatever?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    Cookie said:

Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

Great news for anyone who consumes the stuff, including motorists, aviation and heating oil.
    Bad news for anyone who produces oil (except for the Saudis), specifically Russia and the USA for whom the new price is way below their marginal cost of production.
    Why not bad for the Saudis?
    The Saudis reckon their marginal cost of extraction is something silly like $2.80, against c.$30 for Russia and c.$50 for the USA shale. So prices in the single figures completely screw Russia and the USA.

The games started when Russia refused to cut production in response to drop in demand from China, preferring to see the price fall to around $50, to try and take out the US shale supply. Saudi responded by *increasing* production, with the intent of taking out Russian supply, which is what we now see playing out.

Looks like the price could even now go negative as physical storage starts to run out. That’ll be fun! A great opportunity for everyone to top up strategic national reserves, if they can actually store the stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Removed.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Quincel said:

Literally is there any way for a retail investor to buy oil without having to actually own an oil refinery or storage tank or whatever?

A proxy investment makes more sense.
    Yes, that's exactly what I have in mind. I imagine there isn't or surely everyone would be doing it right now and the price wouldn't be basically zero, but is there?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Alistair said:

Cookie said:

Good!

Its in our geostrategic interest to move away from oil and to renewables to ensure that is a permanent transition in geopolitics.
  • Options
    alteregoalterego Posts: 1,100
    Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

Great news for anyone who consumes the stuff, including motorists, aviation and heating oil.
    Bad news for anyone who produces oil (except for the Saudis), specifically Russia and the USA for whom the new price is way below their marginal cost of production.
    The Saudis reckon their marginal cost of extraction is something silly like $2.80, against c.$30 for Russia and c.$50 for the USA shale. So prices in the single figures completely screw Russia and the USA.

The games started when Russia refused to cut production in response to drop in demand from China, preferring to see the price fall to around $50, to try and take out the US shale supply. Saudi responded by *increasing* production, with the intent of taking out Russian supply, which is what we now see playing out.

Looks like the price could even now go negative as physical storage starts to run out. That’ll be fun! A great opportunity for everyone to top up strategic national reserves, if they can actually store the stuff.
    I don't think the Saudis "need" to pump oil save to the extent it serves their trillions invested in the West.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    Alistair said:

Cookie said:

And independence for Scotland too if it continues will be economically unviable
  • Options
    MundoMundo Posts: 30
    alterego said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

alterego said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

alterego said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

As far as Middle East is concerned this could be the one positive outcome from this horrible situation. A world that does not excuse the actions of a medieval state simply because they have oil is a better one.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

MaxPB said:

Quincel said:

Yes, that's exactly what I have in mind. I imagine there isn't or surely everyone would be doing it right now and the price wouldn't be basically zero, but is there?
    Apologies, I overstepped the mark. No investment advice from me.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

MaxPB said:

Quincel said:

The price that’s zero is for physical WTI oil delivered in May. June WTI deliveries and Brent oil are still both over $20.
  • Options
    ukpaulukpaul Posts: 649
    Norm said:

I'm getting the sense the tide is turning. The public may sense this too as there's definitely more traffic on the main road outside my house today.

These people are going to destroy all the hard work that's been done. All because they are too wilful to stop their normal routine. Do they not realise that if we slacken off then we have to do it all over again?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    alterego said:

Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

I don't think the Saudis "need" to pump oil save to the extent it serves their trillions invested in the West.
    Not at all, it’s base politics at this point - MBS just wants Putin to have to come and kiss his feet.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

alex_ said:

I hope they succeed

We have a Deal, the Withdrawal Agreement, the fact we might end the transition period before a FTA is agreed with the EU is not the same thing
  • Options

Foxy said:

humbugger said:

Floater said:

And as for Guido

Or being honest
    Well quite

Nobody is claiming that PPE supply is not tight, but a Labour activist deliberately lying about it for political reasons is just disgusting as is her post about Johnson. Is she the only one?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    36 cents for a barrel of WTI oil.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    ukpaul said:

Norm said:

These people are going to destroy all the hard work that's been done. All because they are too wilful to stop their normal routine. Do they not realise that if we slacken off then we have to do it all over again?
    They will also be the first to blame the government...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Who wants to go to hospitals with no PPE?

It's like asking people to fly in planes with no wings.
  • Options
    Crude oil now 12p a barrel...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Cookie said:

Crude oil now 12p a barrel...

Surely it's worth buying it at that price, unless you think it's going to stay at that level forever.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854
    Evening all :)

How are the politics and economics of this going to play out over the next 12-24 months?

The demand-side collapse is unprecedented - some on here have talked about 20% unemployment which would mean 6.25 million out of work and a consequent strain on welfare.

Oil price falls will mean cheaper fuel which will offset some of the inflationary pressures but the question is less how deep the hole will be but how much we will climb out once life returns to whatever the new normal looks like.

Percentages aren't much helped - if GDP is 100 and falls to 70 and recovers to 90 that's a 30% drop followed by a 28% rise so you'd be forgiven for thinking everything was back to normal - we are still 10 points down.

It's not just a question of getting back to 100 but to where we would have been if there had been no virus.

The public finances will be shattered - we were already going to borrow around £50 billion in 19/20 but presumably that will be exceeded and the 20/21 number will be £150 billion perhaps?

How will that be brought back down? Tax rises look inevitable as does a major new round of spending cuts (from which the NHS will be protected but Defence and the Police probably won't).

As none of us (even OGH) were around during the last similar downturn in the early 18th century, we don't really know what's going to happen. As with all these things, some people will be hurt very badly, others hardly at all. I suppose a lot will depend on whether QE for the entire economy is maintained as long as QE was for the financial sector.
  • Options
    The actual physical barrel is worth more than the oil it holds right now.

Am I right?
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

I think like India they are just earlier in the curve.

India had its first case on 30th January.
    We had our first one Early Feb. It takes a while to get established.
    30th January was earlier than "early Feb".
    By a week, as I recall.

Social distancing will be quite a problem from what I recall of India. Lots of poorly controlled diabetes and heart disease too.

India was hard hit by the Spanish Flu.

https://theconversation.com/1918-flu-pandemic-killed-12-million-indians-and-british-overlords-indifference-strengthened-the-anti-colonial-movement-133605
    My question is how come the UK, which had its first case a week after India did, has had far more fatalities?
    The UK has far more males over 80 than India, the number of men over 80 you have in the country is the single biggest factor in Covid 19 deaths

https://marketmonetarist.com/2020/04/20/one-factor-explains-most-of-the-differences-in-covid19-deaths-across-countries/
  • Options

Am I right?

Like the perfume business...
  • Options

Am I right?

Yup.
  • Options
    ukpaulukpaul Posts: 649
    edited April 2020

ukpaul said:

Norm said:

They will also be the first to blame the government...
    The media are also to blame, they are reporting places like NZ and Denmark easing lockdowns but they have done things which we haven't gone anywhere near and this is not being mentioned.

I'm afraid I see it as the British disease, wanting the reward without being arsed to put in the effort.
  • Options
    Just wondering, if I buy a few barrels of oil, do they offer free delivery?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Cookie said:

But Yemen is probably thankful that Saudi and Iran won't have the money to carry on their proxy wars any longer.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,715
    On No Deal if deal means extension point. Fishermen, the ultimate Brexit icon, are absolutely desperate right now because their markets (mostly in the EU) have dried up due to coronavirus. I wonder if the prospect of that situation becoming permanent because of Brexit No Deal will concentrate minds a bit.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

And can we just pour away the oil and keep the barrels? The barrels are probably worth more at this point.

EDIT: I see this point has already been made.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Quincel said:

And can we just pour away the oil and keep the barrels? The barrels are probably worth more at this point.

EDIT: I see this point has already been made.
    The problem is that there’s not enough barrels, and you’ll need to supply your own. The price that’s zero is for wholesale market delivery next month.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

On No Deal if deal means extension point. Fishermen, the ultimate Brexit icon, are absolutely desperate right now because their markets (mostly in the EU) have dried up due to coronavirus. I wonder if the prospect of that situation becoming permanent because of Brexit No Deal will concentrate minds a bit.

It is not No Deal, the Withdrawal Agreement was the Deal and has passed.

It is not correct to say ending the transition period before a FTA has been agreed with the EU is No Deal
  • Options

Am I right?

Sandpit said:

Am I right?

Yup.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    We are in a crazy world. Flour and gym equipment appear to be worth more than their weight in gold, oil isn't even worth the barrel it comes in.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

I'm shocked that you thought independence for Scotland was economically viable up to this point. You concealed it marvellously well.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    HYUFD said:

FF43 said:

It is not correct to say ending the transition period before a FTA has been agreed with the EU is No Deal
    Of course it’s correct. No deal is no deal, regardless of whether its before or after the transition period.
  • Options
    stodge said:

As none of us (even OGH) were around during the last similar downturn in the early 18th century, we don't really know what's going to happen.

Where’s @JackW when we need him?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

We have a Deal, the Withdrawal Agreement, the fact we might end the transition period before a FTA is agreed with the EU is not the same thing

The question for me is whether free trade itself will survive coronavirus or will countries become more insular and consequentially more protectionist?

The Conservatives have form when it comes to protectionism and it's tempting to wave the flag and argue for self-sufficiency and less reliance on imports but free trade benefits us all.

I'd like to think a deal can be achieved and if that requires a 3-6 month extension I don't see the issue - under the circumstances there would be plenty of understanding around the need for some extra time to get the best deal.

Unless of course the intention was always to walk away without an FTA on 31/12/20 but we were expressly told by Johnson it wasn't.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

But Yemen is probably thankful that Saudi and Iran won't have the money to carry on their proxy wars any longer.
    I'm sure the Saudis will find something under the mattress for the important stuff of pounding dirt poor Yemenis into the ground.
  • Options

yes, and also a free pineapple pizza.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Am I right?

Sandpit said:

Am I right?

Yup.
    Thanks.
    Remember that the wholesale price per barrel doesn’t include the barrels though.

A retail physical barrel of physical oil will cost considerably more than the indicated price.

The whole problem is as a result of the world running out of empty barrels.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

You don't wanna be the one left holding corporate bonds issued by Texas oil producers just at the moment...

Not just them. A number of oil company bonds are heading for junk territory, some big names like Apache and Marathon.

Jeez, if oil is worthless than what producer is safe? Exxon borrowed USD9.5bn in the bond market last week.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Oil.$7 negative...what is the Donald going to say
  • Options

It ain't worth a plugged oil barrel....
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

Whatever let's you sleep at night.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd see a negative oil price.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Never thought I'd see a negative oil price.

*waves from the Middle East*

Me neither!
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,715
    HYUFD said:

FF43 said:

If fishermen want to sell their fish into the EU without large tariffs and lengthy customs checks that impact freshness, they need the UK to negotiate that access, however long it takes. If they don't get that deal they are screwed, basically.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

FF43 said:

Of course it’s correct. No deal is no deal, regardless of whether its before or after the transition period.
    Wrong, No Deal would have meant a hard border with the Republic of Ireland, no guarantee for citizens' rights and the EU refusing to even start FTA talks with us or grant a transition period
  • Options

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

Thankfully there’s been something of a ceasefire in recent weeks, as everyone got sick.

I don’t think the Saudis prioritise Iran and Yemen much right now - not when they’ve got Vladimir Putin by the short and curlies!
  • Options
    stodge said:

HYUFD said:

The question for me is whether free trade itself will survive coronavirus or will countries become more insular and consequentially more protectionist?

The Conservatives have form when it comes to protectionism and it's tempting to wave the flag and argue for self-sufficiency and less reliance on imports but free trade benefits us all.

I'd like to think a deal can be achieved and if that requires a 3-6 month extension I don't see the issue - under the circumstances there would be plenty of understanding around the need for some extra time to get the best deal.

Unless of course the intention was always to walk away without an FTA on 31/12/20 but we were expressly told by Johnson it wasn't.
    I could live with a 6 month extension but no longer
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

I'm sure the Saudis will find something under the mattress for the important stuff of pounding dirt poor Yemenis into the ground.
    Their London property portflio should see to that...
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Perhaps you've missed this glorious news?

Domino's fans 'outraged' as chain drops the Hawaiian pizza from its new simplified menu

No more pineapple pizzas for a while…

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/lifestyle/dominos-fans-outraged-as-chain-drops-the-hawaiian-pizza-from-its-new-simplified-menu/
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

FF43 said:

Wrong, No Deal would have meant a hard border with the Republic of Ireland, no guarantee for citizens' rights and the EU refusing to even start FTA talks with us or grant a transition period
    No trade deal = no deal.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

So it’s doubly not worth it?
  • Options
    Always worth a watch for a view from the frontline.

https://youtu.be/tJCPhoI2Vno
  • Options

No the catch is you have to physically get your oil container into landlocked West Texas by the end of April.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Alistair said:

Cookie said:

Thankfully there’s been something of a ceasefire in recent weeks, as everyone got sick.

I don’t think the Saudis prioritise Iran and Yemen much right now - not when they’ve got Vladimir Putin by the short and curlies!
    That would explain why we haven't seen Vladimir in public recently....
  • Options
    This is where some people's computer programs crash because they weren't designed to cope with a negative oil price.
  • Options
    I've got it! Pubs are shut and have no use for all the barrels of beer in the basement. Replace them with barrels of oil and the resulting profit can keep the businesses afloat once the lockdown ends.

I'm a business genius...
  • Options
    Wuhan doctors who were critically ill with coronavirus wake up to find that their skin has turned dark after beating the virus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8237475/Chinese-doctors-critically-ill-COVID-19-wake-darkened-skin.html

Not only have they nearly died from CV, they will wait up to find they will now be banned from most places because of their skin colour.
This discussion has been closed.