Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,007
edited December 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

If you’re going to be up All Day and All of the Night, why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First!

::Innocent Face::
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    @TSE

A tad North Korean there !!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    Nick Clegg's PMQs performance today could be a sea change in British politics. It now looks impossible that he will back Labour if he holds the balance of power in the next election. Say, the Tories are the largest party again, but without a majority, then Clegg will almost certainly go with Cameron, as a result I think many on the LD benches will start shifting towards Labour, and many on the Tory benches to UKIP. If Clegg were able to push through PR the landscape would shift permanently.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2013
    Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 18m
    RT @standardsport Suarez has now bagged 10 goals in 4 v Norwich, but was his 1st a contender for GoalOfTheSeason? https:
    //vine.co/v/hxvPwhrgebP

• Options
    I think the author of that book on Putin suggests he is more a gay icon than gay, but even so I would suggest he watches out for the Russian secret service
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Posters all,

I am deeply concerned about Mr JackW's health. It seems that his memory may be failing him and he has begun to rely on Wikipedia.

John Thurso did not succeed to his titles, I believe, until 2009.

Viscount Hailsham of Herstmonceux, PC, QC, MP served in the house of commons from 2001.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    FPT:

Wind power is currently providing more than 10% of the UK's electricity.

I assume that would be more than enough to power the whole of, say, Denmark:

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    This could be the big news tomorrow

@Spectator_CH: From @frasernelson: Finally, Osborne cracks the tax cutting code http://t.co/RN6ZruS7Mr

Expect the static data point analysts to miss it completely...
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    HYUFD said:

Nick Clegg's PMQs performance today could be a sea change in British politics. It now looks impossible that he will back Labour if he holds the balance of power in the next election.

Of course the Lib Dems can form a coalition with Labour after the next GE. And if they dont it wont have anything to do with a PMQ that absolutely noone will remember by then!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Charles said:

Posters all,

I am deeply concerned about Mr JackW's health. It seems that his memory may be failing him and he has begun to rely on Wikipedia.

John Thurso did not succeed to his titles, I believe, until 2009.

Viscount Hailsham of Herstmonceux, PC, QC, MP served in the house of commons from 2001.

I'm hail and hearty and correct.

Viscount Thurso succeeded his father in 1995 and sat in the Lords until 1999. He was elected to the HoC in 2001.

The present Viscount Hailsham didn't succeed his father until 12th October 2001 several months after John Thurso was elected to the Commons.

• Options
    Can someone check on Southam and Scrapheap.
  • Options
    Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Eagles, in response to link 24 I actually knew someone called Marcus Tullius Cicero. Sadly the online place where we met has since become defunct.
  • Options
    Football sucks
  • Options
    one more for Suarez.
  • Options

Football sucks

Look on the brightside, you could have signed Suarez, but thought he was crap.
  • Options

Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Eagles, in response to link 24 I actually knew someone called Marcus Tullius Cicero. Sadly the online place where we met has since become defunct.

I'm having visions of what Caligula's and Caesar's facebook and twitter timelines would look like.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles:

Caligula:
    "All your necks are belong to me! LOL!"

"Went out to dinner with my wife and sister, and she took hours to get ready."

Caesar, Pompey and Crassus would have some interesting tweets and likes.
  • Options
    MODERATORS

In light of earlier exchanges in this chamber might we have a thread on the enduring superiority of PB's aged Scottish aristocracy and their omnipresent knowledge of matters both noble and parliamentary ??

Ta very much ...
  • Options
    SeanT said:

BTW pb.com is still virtually unusable.

For this user, anyroad. Chaotic and toilsome.

Robert said he had fixed it.

By the way, as an aside, I have now changed the browser cache settings for the front page of the site, which should mean that - once you have used the F5 or reload page button on the front page at least once, you will no longer see an out of date page
  • Options
    Ouch

Ooof! Marouane Fellaini is a bit naughty here, competing for a bouncing ball and catching James McCarthy at the top of his thigh/groin area. There's blood there and nobody wants to take a boot in that region...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Important message:

The main PB return on Google seems to be linking to the following thread from yesterday, instead of the latest thread as normal:

"Labour continues to lose the “blame game” but it doesn’t seem to impact on its voting intention lead"
  • Options
    CHADLI??????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,923
    SeanT said:

From a technical perspective, or from a tiresome commentator perspective?

Or are you just missing tim?
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Really annoying!Am guessing it`s a technical problem.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Important message:

The main PB return on Google seems to be linking to the following thread from yesterday, instead of the latest thread as normal:

"Labour continues to lose the “blame game” but it doesn’t seem to impact on its voting intention lead"

Hit refresh (F5), and it will load the new page. I have changed the code so your browser will no longer cache the front page. The issues with the front page showing old stories will then disappear.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,006
    edited December 2013

SeanT said:

By the way, as an aside, I have now changed the browser cache settings for the front page of the site, which should mean that - once you have used the F5 or reload page button on the front page at least once, you will no longer see an out of date page
    politicalbetting.com links to yesterday's thread. www.politicalbetting.com or www1.politicalbetting.com to this one.
  • Options

SeanT said:

politicalbetting.com links to yesterday's thread. [b]www[/b].politicalbetting.com or [b]www1[/b].politicalbetting.com to this one.
    Yes: you will need to go to http://politicalbetting.com once, and then hit the Refresh button or F5. The new front page contains instructions to your browser not to cache it, and therefore after you've done this once, you should no longer have the issue of old stories showing up on the front page.
  • Options
    Neil But it is an indication of what Clegg will do if he still leads the LDs in 2015. He in effect was setting out the Tory Party's case in Parliament today in Cameron's absence against Harman
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I got my 2013 tax bill today.

£78,000.

You scrounging, feckless bastards.

*weeps*

Is that all .... Tsk ....

Get back to your typewriter you scrounging, feckless bastard.

• Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    LOL Moyes

You're getting sacked in the morning!
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited December 2013
    SeanT said:

£78,000.

*weeps*

Only got a small one then, SeanT

• Options
    For the first time in his career, David Moyes sees Everton win at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Neil But it is an indication of what Clegg will do if he still leads the LDs in 2015. He in effect was setting out the Tory Party's case in Parliament today in Cameron's absence against Harman

I think you haven't got the hang of this Coalition business.

Think back to the debates and what Clegg and Cameron said of each other and their parties and yet a few short weeks later all was rosy in the garden of the same name.

• Options
    dr_spyn said:

For the first time in his career, David Moyes sees Everton win at Old Trafford.

Titters ....

• Options
    HYUFD said:

No, it's not. A Lab / LD coalition will happen if that's what the results dictate.
  • Options
    Apologies for the naughty word in the first link
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

SeanT said:

politicalbetting.com links to yesterday's thread. [b]www[/b].politicalbetting.com or [b]www1[/b].politicalbetting.com to this one.
    Yes: you will need to go to http://politicalbetting.com once, and then hit the Refresh button or F5. The new front page contains instructions to your browser not to cache it, and therefore after you've done this once, you should no longer have the issue of old stories showing up on the front page.
    Doesn't seem to make any difference in Chrome, I still get 'Labour continues to lose the "blame game"...'

• Options
    SeanT said:

a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.

Feck.

Just imagine Ed Balls handing it out to these folk...

@GuidoFawkes: True Terrible Impact of Bedroom ‘Tax’ Revealed http://t.co/3MoJTGoGMq
  • Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited December 2013
    re no 19. What a tragedy it is that Lord Judge has retired as LCJ. His replacement, Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd, I fear, is, to use a phrase of Lord Atkin's, 'more executive-minded than the executive'. As Lord Judge makes clear in his lecture, which is worth reading in full, these are worrying times for the rule of law.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Pb works in Chrome for me.

F5 shows previous thread above current topic.

An amazing statistic from the Survation Dudley North poll
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

SeanT said:

a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.

Feck.

@GuidoFawkes: True Terrible Impact of Bedroom ‘Tax’ Revealed http://t.co/3MoJTGoGMq
    There is some delicious irony in Sean's tax bill and him living in a one bed flat.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    SeanT said:

JackW said:

SeanT said:

£78,000.

*weeps*

I am sure it is nothin' to landed gentry rentiers, like yerself, but to us comp-educated self employed sole traders? - wow.... after all the accountants' massaging and expenses claiming and exemption utilising... despite all of that, a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.

Feck.
    Rejoice now

.From May 2015,you`ll be paying more
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    SeanT said:

I'VE BASICALLY PAID FOR THE UTTOXETER BYPASS.

Yes, but in arrears, it is only 6k a month.

Can I borrow a tenner?

The real question is were your earnings higher in 2012 / 13, or will next year pay for HS2?
  • Options
    Regarding the Telegraph doom laden economics article, it's worth noting that almost all our economic issues can be solved by slowly moving the retirement age up. Living longer means working longer.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    JackW said:

SeanT said:

£78,000.

*weeps*

You beat me to it!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

wow.... after all the accountants' massaging and expenses claiming and exemption utilising... despite all of that, a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.Feck.

According to HM Chancellor of the Exchequer, isn't your behaviour (that is aggressive tax avoidance) 'morally abhorrent'?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

philiph said:

Scott_P said:

SeanT said:

Feck.

There is some delicious irony in Sean's tax bill and him living in a one bed flat.
    Possibly a blog, as well! Thanks!
    You are welcome
  • Options
    We're going to win the League!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mr. 1000, assuming I actually ever make enough to save something, I'd still be astounded if I retired before 72, and probably a little older.

Helpfully, the generation below mine seems intent on having a shorter life expectancy. I'm a member of the last generation that will remember life before almost everyone having the internet and mobile phones. We should live for bloody ages, although it still won't be long enough to pay off the debts our parents and grandparents incurred.
  • Options

Doesn't seem to make any difference in Chrome, I still get 'Labour continues to lose the "blame game"...'

Who's your ISP? I suspect they are using Squid or similar, and simply caching the old version of the page (without the instructions not to cache the page...)

Over the next 72 hours, your ISP will update its cache and the problem will right itself.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Regarding the Telegraph doom laden economics article, it's worth noting that almost all our economic issues can be solved by slowly moving the retirement age up. Living longer means working longer.

@ITVLauraK: Sounds like tmrw's statement big announcement is increasing pension age for younger generation to 70
  • Options
    SeanT said:

JackW said:

SeanT said:

£78,000.

*weeps*

I am sure it is nothin' to landed gentry rentiers, like yerself, but to us comp-educated self employed sole traders? - wow.... after all the accountants' massaging and expenses claiming and exemption utilising... despite all of that, a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.

Feck.
    Well indeed .... but having donated £78k to HMG's wallet does indicate that family SeanT isn't short of a few quid and probably not looking too closely at the minimum wage rate or having to take their annual holiday in a caravan in Margate .... you might consider an article from there to earn a few quid - I'm told there's money in this travel journalism lark.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Our State Pension Age is slowly going up. For people reaching State Pension Age today it is 65 / 62 (ish) for men / women. For people my age and younger it is currently 68 (for both men and women. That's a 6 year increase for women in less than 30 years and, realistically, it's going to be 69 or 70 so a 7 or 8 year increase by the time we actually get there.
  • Options
    Right, I'm off for the night.

And if any of you want to buy yourself a cracking comedy for Christmas, do buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sir-Edrics-Temple-ebook/dp/B00GCAF2CI/
  • Options
    Cup.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Scott_P said:

rcs1000 said:

@ITVLauraK: Sounds like tmrw's statement big announcement is increasing pension age for younger generation to 70
    No it's not. The Bill going through Parliament right now establishes an independent commission to determine future increases to State Pension Age (probably to 70 for people currently in their 20s). But the idea of crassly pre-empting that process in an Autumn Statement is a total non-runner.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Who's your ISP?
    Virgin.

• Options

SeanT said:

wow.... after all the accountants' massaging and expenses claiming and exemption utilising... despite all of that, a solid £78,000 will soon be leaving my bank, and heading into the capacious pockets of Her Majesty's Revenue Collectors.Feck.

According to HM Chancellor of the Exchequer, isn't your behaviour (that is aggressive tax avoidance) 'morally abhorrent'?
    Surely you chucked a bucket load in to a pension, man?
  • Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 42s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Labour lead at 6: CON 34%, LAB 40%, LD 10%, UKIP 10%
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,916
    SeanT said:

I'VE BASICALLY PAID FOR THE UTTOXETER BYPASS.

Future generations will thank you. Uttcheter is well worth bypassing.
  • Options
    Neil said:

rcs1000 said:

Our State Pension Age is slowly going up. For people reaching State Pension Age today it is 65 / 62 (ish) for men / women. For people my age and younger it is currently 68 (for both men and women. That's a 6 year increase for women in less than 30 years and, realistically, it's going to be 69 or 70 so a 7 or 8 year increase by the time we actually get there.
    Female life expectancy in the UK has increased at three months per year, almost like clockwork, since 1840.

I find that amazing.
  • Options
    Neil said:

But the idea of crassly pre-empting that process in an Autumn Statement is a total non-runner.

Somebody might be prepared to frame a wager with you around that...
  • Options

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 42s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Labour lead at 6: CON 34%, LAB 40%, LD 10%, UKIP 10%

YouGov/The Sunil:

Progressives 50% (!)
    CON/UKIP 44%
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Neil said:

But the idea of crassly pre-empting that process in an Autumn Statement is a total non-runner.

Feel free - I'm happy to bet anyone that there will be no announcement of when the State Pension Age will be increased to 70 in tomorrow's Autumn Statement.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Rejoice now

And all socialists celebrate. Trouble is, as a taxpayer, will SeanT be able to downsize when his tax bill is increased to pay for spare bedrooms for the deserving?

Perhaps he'll be homeless again, and the lefties will dance and sing and say 'serve you right', then when there's no ax coming in, they will?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Neil said:

rcs1000 said:

Female life expectancy in the UK has increased at three months per year, almost like clockwork, since 1840.

I find that amazing.
    ONS population projections assume that the improvement eventually slows down.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Scott_P said:

Neil said:

Feel free - I'm happy to bet anyone that there will be no announcement of when the State Pension Age will be increased to 70 in tomorrow's Autumn Statement.
    Can you see any value in this market?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/irish-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=1314731
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,045
    You could probably take any three of Suarez's goals and consider it about the best hat-trick ever. I missed the first lob but the half volley and free kick were superb.
  • Options
    @TSE

Next Irish EU commissioner? I have no idea who the Coalition might appoint. Clearly the money has been for Phil Hogan and a FG nominee is definitely more likely. Has anyone even noticed that Maire Geoghan Quinn has been a commissioner for the last 4+ years? (She was chosen because she didnt have a seat to give up and the then Coalition couldnt face losing another seat.)
  • Options
    Neil said:

@TSE

Next Irish EU commissioner? I have no idea who the Coalition might appoint. Clearly the money has been for Phil Hogan and a FG nominee is definitely more likely. Has anyone even noticed that Maire Geoghan Quinn has been a commissioner for the last 4+ years? (She was chosen because she didnt have a seat to give up and the then Coalition couldnt face losing another seat.)

Your Gerry Adams tip you mentioned earlier had me reviewing my Irish betting portfolio.

That Gay Marriage referendum looks interesting.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Doing the refresh trick hasn't seemed to work. Still seeing old threads when I go to "politicalbetting.com", "www1.p..." and "www.p..." are working okay.
  • Options
    @TSE

I tipped SF to come 4th when they were 16/1. 8/1 is less value but still doable in my eyes as it's basically a two horse race with Labour and the Irish economy is recovering and SF are transfer repellent. But the polling gap (except for one recent poll) is huge right now. 16/1 was still madness though.

In referendums the value recently has been in betting on 'no' and I've a sneaking suspicion that this will prove to be the case in this one (not necessarily that the gay marriage referendum will fail but that it will end up being a closer run thing than the current odds suggest). I have an open bet at great odds that the referendum happens next year but it looks like 2015 now.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@TSE

I tipped SF to come 4th when they were 16/1. 8/1 is less value but still doable in my eyes as it's basically a two horse race with Labour and the Irish economy is recovering and SF are transfer repellent. But the polling gap (except for one recent poll) is huge right now. 16/1 was still madness though.

In referendums the value recently has been in betting on 'no' and I've a sneaking suspicion that this will prove to be the case in this one (not necessarily that the gay marriage referendum will fail but that it will end up being a closer run thing than the current odds suggest). I have an open bet at great odds that the referendum happens next year but it looks like 2015 now.

I got on at 16/1. Thanks to you.

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    edited December 2013
    Decent nights betting I backed Bendtner FGS at 13/2, Suarez at 5/2, Suarez hat trick at 12s, and Lampard anytime at 3s...

And a few losers....

turned on the telly to see the Woolwich trial...

Torture Michael Adebelajo and his accomplice everyday for the rest of their lives.

Our society would be better for it
  • Options
    JackW/neil True, but after his remarks it would be very difficult for Clegg to come to an arrangement with Miliband, if Labour came top he would probably let them form a minority government which he would not vote down, however he could form another coalition with Cameron.

Sunil - Clegg was certainly not 'progressive' in the leftwing sense today
  • Options
    SeanT

Can't you find any more expenses to reduce your tax bill ?

How about buying this place, on sale for £35K :

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40332214.html

The unimangined luxury of a 3 storey 4.5 bedroom house in a place with a Conservative council and Conservative MP.

Lots of period features and an ambience to help you write creepy thrillers about psychotic nutters.

And after your book is written you can rent it out to Charles so that he can become the local MP.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

after his remarks it would be very difficult for Clegg to come to an arrangement with Miliband

He's a politician. He'll manage.
  • Options

And after your book is written you can rent it out to Charles so that he can become the local MP.

Charles would never be able to find it!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Here is that amazing BBC report from the Central African Republic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25195929

I challenge any parent to watch the footage of the orphan and not blub.

Just brilliant. Like an animated series of Caravaggio paintings, but true.

I bet that's one of the few countries you haven't been to.

The thing I always remember about the CAR is that the president in the 1970s used to feed foreign visitors the remains of his opponents which had been killed by his pet crocodiles.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    AndyJS said:

SeanT said:

The thing I always remember about the CAR is that the president in the 1970s used to feed foreign visitors the remains of his opponents which had been killed by his pet crocodiles.
    It's always a great answer on pointless too
  • Options
    Maybe living in Thailand would reduce one's tax bill. I'll have to investigate that idea.
  • Options
    Interesting that on the whole the former British colonies in Africa seem to be doing a lot better than the French, Zimbabwe excepted. The Portuguese and Spanish are the worst by a long shot.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

SeanT said:

I think you'll find that the president was 'Emperor' Bokassa, who among many other things participated in threesomes with Giscard D'Estaing.

Central Africa really was blessed in the late 1970s with Bokassa, Mobuto and Idi Amin.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    I've been to Gainsbourough (its no oil painting!)

Psychotic nutters may not require much of an imagination there.

Housing is quite a rational market, if it is cheap then there is a very good reason no-one wants to live there!

SeanT

Can't you find any more expenses to reduce your tax bill ?

How about buying this place, on sale for £35K :

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40332214.html

The unimangined luxury of a 3 storey 4.5 bedroom house in a place with a Conservative council and Conservative MP.

Lots of period features and an ambience to help you write creepy thrillers about psychotic nutters.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Did you know Tony Benn's granddaughter, Emily Benn, works in the“multi-asset sales team” at investment bank UBS, when not being a Labour politico? Confirms the old saying 'do as I say, and not as I do.'
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/jackrivlin/100011634/labour-is-using-18-year-olds-as-sacrificial-lambs-its-a-vicious-gimmick/
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SMukesh said:

Rejoice now

And all socialists celebrate. Trouble is, as a taxpayer, will SeanT be able to downsize when his tax bill is increased to pay for spare bedrooms for the deserving?

Perhaps he'll be homeless again, and the lefties will dance and sing and say 'serve you right', then when there's no ax coming in, they will?
    I'm doing OK, I don't mind - *grits teeth* - shelling out to support a state which educates my daughter and nurtures the health of my extended family, and runs the city I love. I think the top rate should be 40% but... there ya go. Hurry up George.

What DOES irk me (apart from Labourite wastage, and GPs' salaries) is that I'm not given any special exemption for the fact most of my income derives from outside the UK.

I am, in effect, an exporter: 80% of my royalties come from outside Britain. What's more, I could earn exactly the same outside Britain. So I feel I should get some special incentive to keep going here, and not move abroad, seeing as my income does not depend on being in the UK.

A 20% tax rate would be nice.
    Basically, you think that countries should compete to attract talent.

I agree. The more mobile individuals are, the more governments must work to keep them.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    Man Utd have tonight now gone odds AGAINST to qualify for the CL (ie top 4). Back 2.04, Lay 2.06.

I wonder when that last happened?
  • Options
    Neil But Miliband would probably prefer to go alone
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I see the papers are whinging about the fact that people are going to have to work until they're 70. I have no sympathy at all: my dad just turned 70 and he still works full time, Monday to Saturday.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    edited December 2013
    Wonder if JackW is aware of this chestnut, the last in line of succession to the Crown

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704889404576276502793788310
  • Options
    SeanT - if you were officially resident in a low tax country and only were in UK for less than 183 days - that may make a massive difference to your tax bill.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Still takes me FIVE clicks to arrive on the comment thread. Tsk.

Gnite!

Are you on Virgin?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    Laid the draw as a first move in the Adelaide test. 2.5 looks way too short.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

There is rain forecast for today and tomorrow, but still good spot - I'll be taking that myself...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Pulpstar said:

There is rain forecast for today and tomorrow, but still good spot - I'll be taking that myself...
    Rain should mean some Jimmy wickets :D !
  • Options
    Radio 3's Late Junction is currently playing "Ooze Out and Away, Onehow" by The Cocteau Twins, from 1986:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtacrsfEP4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMKtacrsfEP4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moon_and_the_Melodies
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    Bowling well boys. Need a wicket. Or two.
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    While we are talking tax (Sean), finally completed my tax return. PBers won't thank me for bringing it up but I've been forced into SA. Because of the Child Tax. What an insane rigmarole for ~£300. "How much Gift Aid did you pay in the year to April 2013?" F--led if I know. Ozzy is an idiot. A complete unmitigated imbercile. Why not just tax CB at source?
  • Options
    WICKET :D
  • Options
    Betfair odds tell me lol
This discussion has been closed.