Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

2»

Comments

• Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    Pulpstar said:

WICKET :D

:) another one please lads. Come on ENG
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,962
    Like this captaincy from Cook, nice and aggresive.
  • Options
    Trying to follow this on teletext (BBC online) desperate to get home
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited December 2013
    SeanT said:

TGOHF said:
    » show previous quotes
    Seems to be marooned in the shrinking middle ground - not as cheap as Aldi, not as yummy as Waitrose/Sainsbury."

Bizarrely, Tesco do by far the best wine delivery service in the UK. Brilliant wines, nicely priced - from intriguing new Argie varietals to top class £100 a bottle claret. I've looked into this, a lot, and Tesco do best on price, variety and timing. Though they do cock up the odd batch.

Sainsburys are not remotely as good. Waitrose wine is laughably overpriced.

Tesco got so big they lost control of the whole thing, but pockets of serious excellence remain. They also do the best first class steaks. Oddly

SeanT, totally agree with you on the wines and the steaks, Fitaloon and our lads have stocked up on both for my birthday today! And as a political birthday present, an Autumn Statement delivered by my favourite Tory politician is just the icing on the cake. :)
    SeanT said:

BTW pb.com is still virtually unusable.

For this user, anyroad. Chaotic and toilsome.

Don't have a scooby as to why this whole problem with PB forum has passed me by, but the site has been its usual robust self and very easy to navigate as normal over the last few days.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Happy birthday, Fitalass.
  • Options
    Osborne is not an idiot, he is currently the darling of both the IMF and the Eurozone thanks to his austerity economics. But if you have got yourself into a situation whereby your whole financial future is reliant on this child benefit handout at such a high income level, then that is your problem! Bite the bullet like so many others did who really cannot justify claiming it, the fact you have gained sod all sympathy here on this issue suggests your trolling on this issue has failed to engage big time.
    Bobajob said:

While we are talking tax (Sean), finally completed my tax return. PBers won't thank me for bringing it up but I've been forced into SA. Because of the Child Tax. What an insane rigmarole for ~£300. "How much Gift Aid did you pay in the year to April 2013?" F--led if I know. Ozzy is an idiot. A complete unmitigated imbercile. Why not just tax CB at source?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Andy, Son No1 gave me a wonderful surprise with a visit home from Uni tonight, have a family gathering planned tomorrow. And the lads have already looked out this single for a real blast on the speakers as its become a bit of tradition for their Mum who doesn't like celebrating her ever increasing age. :D But the big excitement is that hubby and the boys bought me a telescope for my birthday. Now if only I could finally see the friggin Northern Lights as well. At this rate I am going to have to head to Iceland.
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjggN-KByI
    AndyJS said:

• Options
    fitalass said:

Osborne is not an idiot, he is currently the darling of both the IMF and the Eurozone thanks to his austerity economics. But if you have got yourself into a situation whereby your whole financial future is reliant on this child benefit handout at such a high income level, then that is your problem! Bite the bullet like so many others did who really cannot justify claiming it, the fact you have gained sod all sympathy here on this issue suggests your trolling on this issue has failed to engage big time.

Bobajob said:

While we are talking tax (Sean), finally completed my tax return. PBers won't thank me for bringing it up but I've been forced into SA. Because of the Child Tax. What an insane rigmarole for ~£300. "How much Gift Aid did you pay in the year to April 2013?" F--led if I know. Ozzy is an idiot. A complete unmitigated imbercile. Why not just tax CB at source?

Happy birthday ! It's the bloody admin I'm moaning about :)
  • Options
    Thanks Bobajob for the birthday wishes. But I suspect that like myself and others on this site, you know that your sudden individual candle bearing love affair with this admin issue isn't bearing the fruit you hoped. And because you know deep down that the State should be there to provide welfare for those in need, and certainly not be supplementing those that have lifestyle or locations issues.
    Bobajob said:

fitalass said:

Bobajob said:

Happy birthday ! It's the bloody admin I'm moaning about :)
  • Options
    Many happy returns Fitalass – enjoy tomorrow’s ‘gathering of the clan’ : )
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    fitalass said:

Thanks Andy, Son No1 gave me a wonderful surprise with a visit home from Uni tonight, have a family gathering planned tomorrow. And the lads have already looked out this single for a real blast on the speakers as its become a bit of tradition for their Mum who doesn't like celebrating her ever increasing age. :D But the big excitement is that hubby and the boys bought me a telescope for my birthday. Now if only I could finally see the friggin Northern Lights as well. At this rate I am going to have to head to Iceland.
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjggN-KByI

AndyJS said:

Happy Birthday, Fitalass ! Telescope ? The clean, clear Aberdeenshire air. Now you are making me jealous. Venus, Jupiter and Mars are clearly visible now. You shouldn't be able to miss Venus. It is like an electric bulb now.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    That BBC report about the Central African Republic reminded me of Oradour-sur-Glane. Panning footage of wrecked, empty villages, mile after mile, deserted by their inhabitants who were fearful of the rebels/enemy/whoever coming back to kill them all over again.
This discussion has been closed.