Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Bernie heading for big Nevada victory and is going to be hard

1235»

Comments

• Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    So apparently Bozo is trying to find a way round the WA and the Irish protocol. And he appointed the lunatic Braverman to the post of AG because she’s willing to trash the WA .

Breaking an international Treaty is a massive thing , the message this sends out would be appalling to the rest of the world but nothing would surprise me with this despicable government .
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,979
    So a Sanders coronation? :p
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344

Trump's baggage that he was a billionaire boasting he bangs a lot of women is precisely how the media (and his opponents and critics) mostly went with. In one way it acted as a smokescreen drawing his opponents ire away from more serious criticism.

Sanders baggage is that he will be portrayed as being unAmerican, just like Corbyn was portrayed as being antiBritish.

Being unpatriotic will hurt more than being a womaniser. Though to many on the far left patriotism is viewed as a dirty word or "last refuge of a scoundrel."

Living up to your concept of lieft-wingers, I'm as suspicious of ostentatious patriotism as Samuel Johnson was ("Britain is quite nice, on the whole" is about where I am), but Sanders seems on top of that one - his Navada speech was all about patriotism - "one country for all Americans, instead of Trump trying to set us against each other". Seemed quite a good theme.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    kamski said:

kamski said:

glw said:

Andy_JS said:

Does anyone think Bernie could beat Trump in November?

Very, very, highly unlikely.
    I think Sanders would struggle even if it was a fair fight, and it will not be a fair fight.
    The media haven't even got started on Sanders and all his baggage.
    and yet baggage might not matter if the Story resonates with enough people. look at all Trump's baggage (or Johnson's for that matter)
    Its different baggage. The focus on Trump was he is a bragger, he is a womanizer and said a load of un-pc stuff. That doesn't hurt him as much as the West Coast Woke elite think it does e.g. like here with Boris. It dominated the coverage above perhaps other things that would have hurt him among mid-west man.

There are lots of things about Sanders past support and his current policies that can be used to scare the horses in a different way to a billionaire boasting he bangs lots of women.
    describing Trump's baggage as "a billionaire boasting he bangs lots of women" is fake news

I was expecting the history of fraud, racism, multiple bankruptcies, and mob connections to hurt him
    The fact that America sees Trump as the best person to be President tells you a lot about the current state of America. Nobody in my lifetime has deemed the office in quite the way has and yet he will easily be reelected.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,015

Essexit said:

PBers - financial/geopolitical/epidemiological advice humbly requested.

I'm in the process of moving the bulk of my savings from a cash ISA into a stocks and shares ISA (including the maximum possible in a LISA, due to a naive ambition to own my own home in the distant future). The plan isn't to actively manage the investments, but to put money in a few share indices etc. and hope for growth in the long term.

Given the volatility around coronavirus, it seems this might be poor timing. My money is still all in cash (in the stocks and shares ISA), and I'm wondering if it's best to leave it like that for now - do any wiser heads have strong feelings about the likelihood of a major stock market crash? I'd rather not see too much of the fruits of my labour wiped out. Then again maybe the risk of a seriously damaging pandemic is vastly overstated and I should just get on with it. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

Why not wait a month? We will know more by then surely?
    I've just sold all my equities in my stocks and shares ISA and plan to leave it there as cash for a couple of months to see how things develop.

Seems safest at the moment. Risk is I lose out on a couple of months of growth and divis. DYOR
    Never a good thing to do, hard to pick when to be in or out , all data points to it being much better to just leave invested unless you need money in the short term.
This discussion has been closed.