Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Long-Bailey back as next LAB leader favourite in very edgy bet

2»

Comments

• MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,618
    I'm sure you will laugh at the predictions but IMO to ignore the similarities between the Johnson campaign, Trumps win and S. Morrison in Aus is folly. You can be sure that the AFD and National Rally will be very interested and the same minds behind the anglophone online campaigns will be more than happy to help.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,392

matt said:

Above. Who is Rachel Swindon and why are her opinions worth anything more than anybody else’s? Why post them?

Rachel Swindon is the epitome of those influencer gobshites that Labour needs to lock under the stairs for the next fifty years.

With no internet connection.
    Indeed. People who post incessantly on the nternet are sooo annoying... :)

• Is that Tim?

Yes
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 52,048
    Not much of one:

"It is painful to watch a racist Tory political and media machine condemn the Labour party for racism – but we must accept that Jewish hurt is real, that it wasn’t properly addressed, and that this failure registered with the public."

Recalibrate your racism meters. Then you might just get the sense of horror. This was about YOUR racism, Labour. Stop with the "that other lot are just as bad". Because no we fucking aren't, c**t.

This is problem belong Labour. That you refuse to believe it, still want to deflect, are mouthing excuses, shows you've still learnt NOTHING.

Write out a billion times:

CORBYN'S LABOUR IS A RACIST ENDEAVOUR
  • Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836

Not much of one:

"It is painful to watch a racist Tory political and media machine condemn the Labour party for racism – but we must accept that Jewish hurt is real, that it wasn’t properly addressed, and that this failure registered with the public."

Recalibrate your racism meters. Then you might just get the sense of horror. This was about YOUR racism, Labour. Stop with the "that other lot are just as bad". Because no we fucking aren't, c**t.

This is problem belong Labour. That you refuse to believe it, still want to deflect, are mouthing excuses, shows you've still learnt NOTHING.

Still insisting Corbyn is not an anti-Semite when he commemorated Jew killers and praised bigoted murals.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,392
    edited December 2019
    Anyhoo. Whilst the Conservative Party sets up to scream in my ears for the next five years, let us focus on the real encroaching horror.

The reviews for "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" are out.

They are horrible. Possibly "Fantastic Four" levels of horrible. Oh my goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hobn57uzQlk

Lord, but this was a bloody awful decade... :(

• EVEN in a crowded field of terrible options for new Labour leader, Keir Starmer stands out as a stone-cold loser.The man best known for his dismal failures as Director of Public Prosecutions and for talking Labour into its suicidal “people’s vote” strategy.Sir Keir, the multi-millionaire human rights QC now posing as a working-class boy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10583686/sir-keir-starmer-working-class-pitch/
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 52,048
    Gabs3 said:

Not much of one:

Still insisting Corbyn is not an anti-Semite when he commemorated Jew killers and praised bigoted murals.
    Whatever the journalistic equivalent is of being stoned to death with the grit from the bottom of a budgie cage, Owen Jones should face it.
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited December 2019

EVEN in a crowded field of terrible options for new Labour leader, Keir Starmer stands out as a stone-cold loser.The man best known for his dismal failures as Director of Public Prosecutions and for talking Labour into its suicidal “people’s vote” strategy.Sir Keir, the multi-millionaire human rights QC now posing as a working-class boy.

I’ve said here before that I’m fascinated by the enthusiasm for him here. He seems like a classic colourless lawyer. An expert at being 2nd in command.

Edit: FWIW, Starmer does have a background story. But he’s become an archetypal barrister.

What has just struck me, and I’m sure that it’s obvious to most, is that the reaction to May was “not May”. The reaction to Corbyn is “more Corbyn”. I’m not sure what that means other than a quasi-religious belief.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:
    The question I have is, is there anything Trump could do that is impeachable? Or is the concept of impeachment simply outmoded, and the President of the day should have unfettered power.

The defence I see as plausible is that impeachment is supposed to be for Treason and for High Crimes and Misdemeanours. And whatever you might think of the Ukraine call, it does not reach that bar.
    It would have also have helped the Democrat cause if they hadn’t t said they were aiming for impeach from day one.
    Maybe so, but Pelosi avoided every opportunity. It was only this one, when the evidence was particularly damaging, where she went for it.
    Lol no. The Mueller report is a near dozen open and shut cases of obstruction of justice with contemporary documentary evidence.

Pelosi didn't impeach over that.

They pulled the impeachment trigger because Trump went after Biden - going after one of their own. This was about self preservation not about damaging evidence.

I mean, don't get me wrong what trump did in the Ukraine case was totally impeachable and watching fleckle spitting Republicans defend him is gross but this wasn't some high minded evaluation of the facts. This is fear that Trump could do the same to them.
  • MangoMango Posts: 1,014
    HYUFD said:

@HYUFD you a fan of Katie Hopkins now?

She is punchy whether you like her or not, I know President Trump is a fan of hers
    She is a ridiculous yet foul troll who will nevertheless deserve a summary five-minute hearing at the next Nuremberg.

You ought to be ashamed.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,208
    matt said:

EVEN in a crowded field of terrible options for new Labour leader, Keir Starmer stands out as a stone-cold loser.The man best known for his dismal failures as Director of Public Prosecutions and for talking Labour into its suicidal “people’s vote” strategy.Sir Keir, the multi-millionaire human rights QC now posing as a working-class boy.

I’ve said here before that I’m fascinated by the enthusiasm for him here. He seems like a classic colourless lawyer. An expert at being 2nd in command.

Edit: FWIW, Starmer does have a background story. But he’s become an archetypal barrister.

What has just struck me, and I’m sure that it’s obvious to most, is that the reaction to May was “not May”. The reaction to Corbyn is “more Corbyn”. I’m not sure what that means other than a quasi-religious belief.
    Remember that the game now is 2024. The next Labour leader needs to be "not Boris" as much as anything else. Being viewed as stolid but capable, whatever that is the fact of the matter, may be no bad thing.
This discussion has been closed.