Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ladbrokes report that 94pc of all bets on the Scottish #Ind

SystemSystem Posts: 11,697
edited November 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ladbrokes report that 94pc of all bets on the Scottish #IndyRef have been on NO

A few days ago I posted that I wasn’t following the gamblers who have been piling onto NO in the Scots IndyRef because I still think there’s a chance that YES might happen.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    edited November 2013
    How many reports of 100k or 200k bets for No (always anonymous) have there been? Isn't this an example of how a small number of large individual bets can skew a market?
  • Options
    well I must say, I thought my misery double was always on but who'd have thought England would get the more respectable defeat when compared to Spurs result....
  • Options

How many reports of 100k or 200k bets for No (always anonymous) have there been? Isn't this an example of how a small number of large individual bets can skew a market?

It seems that the Nats are frit to put their money where their mouths are.

• Options
    I was looking on oddschecker at 1-0 down to find the next PL manager to be sacked - couldn't find it tho. We've not scored in yonks, got Man U at home next week and appear to be falling apart.
  • Options

How much will you offer me against Yes to win at 8/1, mon brave?
  • Options
    Well that's all going spiffingly.

Now below Newcastle in 9th, not scored in 5 consecutive halves, only fig leaf of a supposed tight defence now ripped away too ...
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    `No` is a certainty.

Alec Salmond was always going to base his campaign on tagging onto the Euro,join the EU etc as a counter-balance to economic concerns over Scotland leaving the UK.

Once the Euro became a dead end,it was always going to be `No`.
  • Options
    I've always liked Piers...

Lord Sugar‏@Lord_Sugar9m
    @piersmorgan: 3-0. Hilarious. #Spurs #ChokingCockerels”#.......agreed send us Wenger
  • Options
    Yeh-erm-but:

94% of those puntas isnae voting (postal or t'other-wise). I am sure we Engerlisch - Ozzzie to-the-fore - will convince the Northern-Britischers to do the 'moral thing' and 'throw-a-lemming' as they are a) that important; b) local dwellers (but are another tribe with a claim and a chip). and; c) are not in a position to dictate their aparthied views on the English tax-payer.

May God bless the "His Righteous Majestic Salmond Vessel" Scotland and all who, within, sink with Her. 'No income-tax; no VAT' &c....
  • Options
    On topic, a decent editorial in the Sunday Herald.

'Keep an open mind on White Paper

The Scottish people are yet to be convinced of the relevance of independence to Scotland's problems. However, we approach this White Paper with an open mind and we urge others to do so too. We applaud the Scottish Government for at least attempting to present an alternative future to the dismal prospectus offered by the unionist parties.
    They seem to revel in negativity, dismissing Scotland's ability to run its own affairs and suggesting we can only survive as a nation on the basis of subsidies from England. They have yet to argue how remaining in the UK can offer a better future than regional irrelevance.
    The geriatric forecasts of the IFS are surely a vision of Scotland if it stays in the UK. Without a new immigration policy and economic policies that keep skilled Scots families in Scotland, how can Scotland avoid an ageing population?
    Carwyn Jones has also joined the clamour for the Barnett Formula on Scottish public spending to be cut.
    The message is clear: within the union Scotland faces a future of public spending constraints, falling population and economic decline. Scottish representation in Westminster will likely be cut under the McKay Commission into the consequences of devolution.The Scottish Parliament will have to pay its way by raising taxes in Scotland, without having access to oil revenues or the ability to legislate for growth. Scotland may be dragged out of Europe if it remains in the UK.
    This is the off-the-peg future offered by the unionists. They'd better have a care: Scots might actually start listening to what they say.'

http://archive.is/XYI6K
  • Options

I was looking on oddschecker at 1-0 down to find the next PL manager to be sacked - couldn't find it tho. We've not scored in yonks, got Man U at home next week and appear to be falling apart.

I did say a month or so ago after the West Ham humiliation that AVB could be a good bet for the sack by Xmas. Today's game was over after 15 seconds. If we lose to Utd, as I am sure we will, the firing frenzy will begin big time. No-one does a crisis like Spurs and Levy is never slow to pull the trigger.

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    SMukesh said:

`No` is a certainty.

Alec Salmond was always going to base his campaign on tagging onto the Euro,join the EU etc as a counter-balance to economic concerns over Scotland leaving the UK.

He always wanted Devo Max which, in the aftermath, the Tories would give him in return for a reduced Scot representation in the HoC. It's a win-win for both the SNP and the Tories.

The SNP could have another bite at the cherry in 15/20 years time when the Euro would be in better shape. All currencies go through a phase.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    surbiton said:

SMukesh said:

`No` is a certainty.

He always wanted Devo Max which, in the aftermath, the Tories would give him in return for a reduced Scot representation in the HoC. It's a win-win for both the SNP and the Tories.

The SNP could have another bite at the cherry in 15/20 years time when the Euro would be in better shape. All currencies go through a phase.
    I think you might have just predicted the exact course of events.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530

How much will you offer me against Yes to win at 8/1, mon brave?
    LOL

:)

Remember SLAB and the Blairites before 2011 when they had a double digit lead?
    Back then a SLAB win was a 'certainty' with gender gaps and the polls being all the proof they needed it was in the bag. Didn't turn out that way, did it? At least they have Iain Gray and some of their 'finest' back from the 2011 campaign for their the referendum campaign.

*chortle*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    surbiton said:

SMukesh said:

`No` is a certainty.

He always wanted Devo Max which, in the aftermath, the Tories would give him in return for a reduced Scot representation in the HoC. It's a win-win for both the SNP and the Tories
    ROFL

Is this from the same big book of conspiracy theories that the scottish tory surgers were reading when they claimed Salmond was going to do a deal with the tories over Boundary Changes?

Superb!

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

LOL

Back then a SLAB win was a 'certainty' with gender gaps and the polls being all the proof they needed it was in the bag. Didn't turn out that way, did it? At least they have Iain Gray and some of their 'finest' back from the 2011 campaign for their the referendum campaign.

*chortle*

As far as I can see, most of the Ladbrokes 94% must be based on just 3 bets (50k, 50k and 200k). That's approaching the psephological depth of that 8 person focus group PB Tories were getting so excited about.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    This is surely a Romneyesque masonic unions plot to sap the morale of our plucky freedom fighters out on the streets.

Interesting banner at the football yesterday in Glasgow something about "wee bit hill and glen" - must have been Nats no ?

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l528/Womble2011/A0D92C98-EB79-4F51-9FC3-771BDF4F6EAD-817-000001011813DFEF_zpscccf76b7.jpg
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited November 2013

So the solution to being 3-0 down is to bring on a striker who the manager hasn't even put on the bench for every other PL game ...

I fear AVB has lost the plot utterly.

Make that 4-0 - it'll take us until January 2014 to score 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tim said:

well I must say, I thought my misery double was always on but who'd have thought England would get the more respectable defeat when compared to Spurs result....

They could both be ten down at stumps

There's plenty of time still for that. 5-0

Still Michael Dawson will remember his 300th game for us....
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

LOL

*chortle*

As far as I can see, most of the Ladbrokes 94% must be based on just 3 bets (50k, 50k and 200k). That's approaching the psephological depth of that 8 person focus group PB Tories were getting so excited about.

I also remember some people making a fair bit of cash in 2011. ;)
  • Options

So the solution to being 3-0 down is to bring on a striker who the manager hasn't even put on the bench for every other PL game ...

It's all so Spursy. We're just a horrible club to have to follow. Not being a Spurs fan would have immeasurably improved my quality of life. If I look back, going to my first game at WHL is without doubt my biggest regret.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Interesting fact:

This time last year most polls were giving Labour a double-digit lead. This year they're mainly single-figure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Sun_Pol_Scot: . @NicolaSturgeon: 'No way an independent Scotland could be forced into the euro...anybody who argues that is being misleading.' #bbcsp

Of course England could be forced into a Sterling union with a a separate Scotland.

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Interesting banner at the football yesterday in Glasgow something about "wee bit hill and glen" - must have been Nats no ?

We get everywhere.

http://tinyurl.com/pgs4gpz

http://tinyurl.com/q6vbf74

Hope they're a bit brighter than these lads though.

http://tinyurl.com/qe8yebq

• Options

It's all so Spursy. We're just a horrible club to have to follow. Not being a Spurs fan would have immeasurably improved my quality of life. If I look back, going to my first game at WHL is without doubt my biggest regret.

Should have known, my first game was going to see us versus Big Ron's WBA - we were 3-0 down at half time and came back to gallantly lose 3-2...

I blame those FA Cups wins in 81 and 82 and Chas & Dave....

Worked out once that I've spent over a year of my life getting over Spurs defeats... here's just another one for the tank.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062
    FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

NOTE: FAO Unckie Malc.

WTF is 'Stramash'? Is it a cyber-natism or trolling...?

Fluffy , it is a rammie, or for sooutherners an uproar; tumult; brawl
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

`No` is a certainty.

LOL, you will be eating humble pie next year
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    AndyJS said:

Interesting fact:

This time last year most polls were giving Labour a double-digit lead. This year they're mainly single-figure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

That was from the boost they got after Osbrowne's omnishambles while the other most significant polling boost was from Calamity Clegg tanking the lib dems polling.

Interesting fact. That's little Ed being gifted leads and huge poll boosts by incompetence from other parties. Nothing to do with him. Something little Ed's fanclub still don't seem to have realised. The current kipper tory VI correlation is also crystal clear in the all polls trend line.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

We get everywhere.

What is the big "H" for ?

Haggis ?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think it's time that teams who finish 9th in the PL should get to automatically qualify for the Johnston Paint Trophy.

I think I'm done, I can't think of anything else to say....
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

This is surely a Romneyesque masonic unions plot to sap the morale of our plucky freedom fighters out on the streets.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l528/Womble2011/A0D92C98-EB79-4F51-9FC3-771BDF4F6EAD-817-000001011813DFEF_zpscccf76b7.jpg

Did you see Rangers finest on facebook this week.
    Warning not for the faint hearted or easily shocked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A
  • Options

TGOHF said:

We get everywhere.

SNAP , frightening video
  • Options
    edited November 2013

"Yer dug's far brighter than they heid-the-ba fucktrumpets", as I seem to recall some of the comments when that hilarity was first shown. ;)
  • Options

Should have known, my first game was going to see us versus Big Ron's WBA - we were 3-0 down at half time and came back to gallantly lose 3-2...

Worked out once that I've spent over a year of my life getting over Spurs defeats... here's just another one for the tank.

Looking on the bright side: at least they won't throw away a CL place this season. My guess is Laudrup will replace AVB after next week's defeat and we'll finish the season pretty well. Then it will all go wrong again next season. And the sun will rise and the leaves will fall and the world will turn. It's just a case of accepting Spurs will never be any good. That's our USP: the biggest, unremittingly mediocre football club in the world.

• Options
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Still no answer on the H malcolm ?

• Options
    TGOHF said:

What is the big "H" for ?

Haggis ?

That's where Eck's chopper lands (only when the Jambos are playing there though).

• Options
    malcolmg said:

FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

Thanks Unckie:

Is the root of the word Norwegian, Danish or Oirish? We know you folks are different and wot-not....
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Howabout this epic match full of schoolboy errors?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3496755.stm

LCFC: always able to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, and currently looking at promotion back to play Spurs. Only goal difference seperates the top 3 in the Championship.

Looking on the bright side: at least they won't throw away a CL place this season. My guess is Laudrup will replace AVB after next week's defeat and we'll finish the season pretty well. Then it will all go wrong again next season. And the sun will rise and the leaves will fall and the world will turn. It's just a case of accepting Spurs will never be any good. That's our USP: the biggest, unremittingly mediocre football club in the world.

• Options
    Hopefully we'll be seeing some polling on the IndyRef in the next few weeks, I'm expecting some polling after the release of the white paper.
  • Options
    Anyone wanting to back No would be well advised to hang on a few months. The prices currently on offer are laughable. I'm a modest Yes buyer at around 6.4, but if Yes drifts much more I'll be investing heavily.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I put my winnings from Australia winning the first test on Ireland to beat New Zealand.

Ireland leading 22 - 7 after 49mins
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

`No` is a certainty.

I love the smell of complacency in the morning.....or afternoon in this case....

One thing is certain, if Indie is won, it will be Labour voters who tip the balance.

Aren't we fortunate in Ed Miliband & Johann Lamont?
  • Options
    On topic - a lot of betting with the heart I suspect - which is curious, as 'leading with the heart' is the charge most frequently levelled at the Nats......
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Hopefully we'll be seeing some polling on the IndyRef in the next few weeks, I'm expecting some polling after the release of the white paper.

@standardnews: Scotland independence 'No' campaign has nine point lead http://t.co/d18kVz9i9I
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,971
    Would be stupid for Spurs board to sack AVB I think... City are one of the top sides in Europe, and are fantastic at home domestically.

Didn't they bt Spurs 6-1 at the Lane a couple of years ago, and Redknapp still steered them to 4th?

What might be hard for Spurs fans to admit is that they were a one man team who sold the man... team building takes time
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2013
    malcolmg said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A

Unckie: Lots of Scots and Oirish soldiers feel the same: Catholic and Proddies. Then you should hear our Dutch colleagues (especially regarding their German neighbours)!

That said: The Scots people should vote for independence. It is politically and morally correct. If they follow a Nordic model then Engerlandshire will not have to contribute for their social and health-care benefits...! :D

• Options
    TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

What H you talking about
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,554
    edited November 2013
    Sunday Times/Panelbase poll

Today’s Panelbase poll of 1,006 Scottish voters puts support for independence at 38%, opposition at 47% while 15% don’t know.

Changes since September

Yes plus 1

No no change

DKs minus 1
  • Options

malcolmg said:

FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

Thanks Unckie:

Is the root of the word Norwegian, Danish or Oirish? We know you folks are different and wot-not....
    Strangely enough the only reference I have seen is that it is originally from Yorkshire. Most say origin unknown.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

We get everywhere.

SNAP , frightening video
    Aye, it's the complete refusal to consider how other people might view them. Whether that's stupidity or stubbornness is open to debate I suppose...

• Options
    Nearly twice as many Scots (26%, up six points since the last Panelbase poll in February 2012) think independence would leave them personally at least £500 a year worse off than think it would make them at least £500 better off (15%, +2), while 34% believe it would make little difference.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

Thanks Unckie:

Norse would be more likely to give you -sk rather than -sh. A search of the internet suggests it's also an English dialect word, and suggests Italian stramazzare, Old French escarmoche or Hindi tamasha. The French sounds likeliest as it would then be cognate to scrummage and skirmish.

• Options
    I'm done.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Strangely enough the only reference I have seen is that it is originally from Yorkshire. Most say origin unknown.

Derh!

You Northern Britischers know nuffink about Edinborough or Yorvick then. Do some Dane-Law research....

:P
  • Options
    63% of Scots saying that they would be prouder to introduce themselves to someone from overseas as being Scottish.

19% prouder to call themselves British

18% saying it would make no difference.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

I see it now on original photo. My best guess would be H block or maze prison. Plenty of fannies on both sides for sure, but at least they are a dying breed, unfortunately just not quick enough.
  • Options

Nearly twice as many Scots (26%, up six points since the last Panelbase poll in February 2012) think independence would leave them personally at least £500 a year worse off than think it would make them at least £500 better off (15%, +2), while 34% believe it would make little difference.

And yet the YES vote still went up a point. People are getting real hacked off with Westminster troughers telling them they are stupid and that only they can spend their money for them.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

Thanks Unckie:

Norse would be more likely to give you -sk rather than -sh. A search of the internet suggests it's also an English dialect word, and suggests Italian stramazzare, Old French escarmoche or Hindi tamasha. The French sounds likeliest as it would then be cognate to scrummage and skirmish.

makes more sense , especially given the Auld Alliance
  • Options
    Spurs only 2pts off City after 12 matches, I reckon one bookmaker will over react, go too big about a TH top 4 finish and there will be value
  • Options
    isam said:

Would be stupid for Spurs board to sack AVB I think... City are one of the top sides in Europe, and are fantastic at home domestically.

Didn't they bt Spurs 6-1 at the Lane a couple of years ago, and Redknapp still steered them to 4th?

What might be hard for Spurs fans to admit is that they were a one man team who sold the man... team building takes time

If it was just City it might be different, but nine goals in 12 games, plus this hammering and losing at home to West Ham and Newcastle is pretty pathetic stuff. Levy does not hang around. AVB is now on last orders in the last chance saloon.

• Options

63% of Scots saying that they would be prouder to introduce themselves to someone from overseas as being Scottish....

Considering that 25% of that 'tribe' live in-or-around Glasgae it makes sense. Me; I was born in Peckham and have a home in Lewisham and Tonglre: I have no shame...!

Where were you born again son...?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

And yet the YES vote still went up a point. People are getting real hacked off with Westminster troughers telling them they are stupid and that only they can spend their money for them.
    Indeed, there was polling in the past that being £500 a year better off because of Independence would make enough people vote yes.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    FluffyThoughts said:

Thanks Unckie:

makes more sense , especially given the Auld Alliance
    Yeah, but it's not necessarily purely a Scots word, one of my internet sources cited it from Yorkshire. http://caledonianmercury.com/2011/02/23/useful-scots-word-stramash/0014152
  • Options
    Leading Labour MSP urged to resign after taking part in Unite demo outside director's house
    A Scottish Labour shadow Cabinet member has been called on to resign after he was pictured at a union protest outside a director's house during the toxic Grangemouth dispute.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/leading-labour-msp-urged-to-resign-after-taking-part-in-unite-leverage-demo.22777521
  • Options

isam said:

If it was just City it might be different, but nine goals in 12 games, plus this hammering and losing at home to West Ham and Newcastle is pretty pathetic stuff. Levy does not hang around. AVB is now on last orders in the last chance saloon.

Fair enough. Interesting times
  • Options
    Robert Soldado - A rich man's Emile Heskey?
  • Options
    You can still get 7-4 on Man U winning at the Lane next weekend - that won't last.
  • Options
    @JimMurphyMP: Really pleased to have just been reselected unanimously by East Renfrewshire Labour Party to be the candidate for 2015.

Wonder how long he'll be an MP for....10 months or 5 years?
  • Options
    I love Tottenham.

'Arry was interested in signing Suarez at the same time we were, but the Spurs scouts told him Suarez wasn't very good
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bollocks.

Edit: I suppose I should be glad, England remain the last side to beat the All Blacks.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    What on earth was this Labour MSP thinking, he should have known better?!

Leading Labour MSP urged to resign after taking part in Unite demo outside director's house
    A Scottish Labour shadow Cabinet member has been called on to resign after he was pictured at a union protest outside a director's house during the toxic Grangemouth dispute.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/leading-labour-msp-urged-to-resign-after-taking-part-in-unite-leverage-demo.22777521

• Options
    Scotsman in its dying throes, hard to believe it could have got worse but after latest cuts to papers and staff it appears I was mistaken. Given it used to be a great newspaper and now is just garbage day in and day out, will it last till the referendum.
  • Options
    fitalass said:

What on earth was this Labour MSP thinking, he should have known better?!

He is a Labour MSP , that is the kind of stuff they do, brainless.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
    Amusing piece by Campbell The bagpiper in Bristol.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bagpipe-playing-Alistair-Campbell-predicts-Labour/story-20116982-detail/story.html

Lib-Lab Coalition next...must have been some good claret on offer.
  • Options
    Twitter
    David Cameron ‏@David_Cameron 1m
    Strong progress from @WilliamJHague and @JohnKerry on #Iran. Nowhere near the end - but a sign the pressure is working.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    fitalass said:

Twitter
    David Cameron ‏@David_Cameron 1m
    Strong progress from @WilliamJHague and @JohnKerry on #Iran. Nowhere near the end - but a sign the pressure is working.

I'm betting that Iran will turn round and kick them all in the teeth for this favour.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Rev Flowers BA, looks as if he was Board of several companies within the Co-Op group and a major appointments committee.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=60017245&privcapId=3433747&previousCapId=107555&previousTitle=Berwin Leighton Paisner, LLP

If he was taking Institute of Banking Exams in the late 70s, after his degree, how many parts were there? Looks more qualified than the average bank worker for the time.

• Options
    "It's a boil that's been growing that still needs lancing"
    DURATION: 04:20
    Hannah Barnes interviews Falkirk Labour Party Executive Committee member, Brian Capaloff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m4b88#TWEET964393
  • Options
    Scotsman - Labour leadership ‘unimpressive’ on Falkirk

"THE Labour hierarchy has not been very “impressive” at dealingwith the fallout in Falkirk, a member of the local party’s executive has said.

Brian Capaloff said the party leadership had excluded local party members in Falkirk from its inquiry into the Falkirk selection battle, in the wake of the publication of emails from constituency chairman Stephen Deans which opponents claimed raised fresh questions about alleged attempts to rig the vote in favour of a candidate backed by the Unite union.

Mr Capaloff said Labour’s decision to withhold publication of its report meant the local constituency party was unable to gain the closure it needed to move on, and compared the row to an open wound.

“We’ve been wanting to get an official of the Labour Party to come to a meeting of the constituency of the Labour Party and answer questions of members but they’ve declined to do that.,” said Mr Capaloff.

“We, as a party, have been contacting them, we have been asking questions of them over a considerable period but the answers that we have been getting back have been absolute zero.”

He added: “I don’t think it’s been particularly impressive, personally.

“I think members have been somewhat excluded from the various processes, the Scottish Labour Party and the UK Labour Party has been detached from the impact upon individual members.”"
  • Options
    fitalass said:
    Asked if publishing Labour’s internal report into the debacle would help the local party draw a line, he replied: “That is absolutely the case......

Mr Capaloff added that by not publishing the report “we’re allowing those papers who would be supporting the Tories to actually dig this wound every now and then and to actually cause yet more pain”.

Why wouldn't Ed want to publish the report?
  • Options
    When do the English, Welsh and Northern Irish get to vote whether they want to be in a union with Scotland or not?

My view is the English would vote against any union with Scotland.
  • Options
    I sort of agree with OGH on this, but for the Yes camp to turn things around it needs to recognise that it needs a change of approach and then pursue it relentlessly. While the SNP have shown in the past that they know how to campaign, they have been so flatfooted so far in this campaign that it seems hard to imagine them turning it around.

For all that' I'd rather be betting Yes than No at present odds.
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    edited November 2013
    Yes but, I would remind all posters of this fact, so please stick to the facts.

There is no suggestion by this newspaper of any impropriety by Mr Blair or Ms Deng. And Mr Blair’s friends have repeatedly denied he had an affair with Ms Deng.

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    tim said:

Insurmountable gender gap

Can you tell us what it is?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    If Mr Blair has denied it, that is surely the end of the matter. He is a pretty straight guy.

There is no suggestion by this newspaper of any impropriety by Mr Blair or Ms Deng. And Mr Blair’s friends have repeatedly denied he had an affair with Ms Deng.

• Options
    Twitter
    Greg Hands ‏@GregHands 1m
    When Labour accepted the £1.2m giveaway "loan" from Co-Op on 1/4/13, they must have seen the bank declared £600m loss just 11 days earlier?
  • Options

NOTE-TO-ME: Purchase more monkey-nuts....

• Options

It's interesting that Murdoch is no longer one of " Mr Blair's friends ".

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052

Would Tony lie to us?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,966

Bollocks.

Edit: I suppose I should be glad, England remain the last side to beat the All Blacks.

TSE I found the Gumede bet btw - Forgot I'd opened an account with Betway to get the 9/2 on her.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Pulpstar said:

Bollocks.

TSE I found the Gumede bet btw - Forgot I'd opened an account with Betway to get the 9/2 on her.
    Excellent tip.

I'm glad I backed her and Sophie, I knew they'd do well, hope you got on at 8/1 with her.

Glad I tipped Ashley Taylor Dawson as top male.

Pity about Ben Cohen.

Really wish I had backed Susannah Reid from the start.
  • Options

Really wish I had backed Susannah Reid from the start.|

Like most of Penge...?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Bollocks.

Excellent tip.

I'm glad I backed her and Sophie, I knew they'd do well, hope you got on at 8/1 with her.

Pity about Ben Cohen.

I didn't back Ashley ^^; 7/4 looked a bit short though of course it was cracking in hindsight. Am on Susanna Reid at 8-1 - Value too.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Rev Flowers BA, looks as if he was Board of several companies within the Co-Op group and a major appointments committee.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=60017245&privcapId=3433747&previousCapId=107555&previousTitle=Berwin Leighton Paisner, LLP

If he was taking Institute of Banking Exams in the late 70s, after his degree, how many parts were there? Looks more qualified than the average bank worker for the time.

The Banking Exams were very easy at the time - designed for non graduates.

The fact Flowers did not complete them tells us a lot.

He also used FRSA Fellow of the Royal Soc of Arts, a qualification granted not earned and
    FRGS Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, another qualification granted nor earned.

However, he did apparently have a degree in theology and had god on his side for a while.

• Options
    Sacking AVB would be a mistake in my book, Spurs are just 4 pts off second. Every team has rough spells. Sodaldo is a quality forward, he has a career goals to games ratio of 0.5. And AVB has not suddenly become a bad manager overnight.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Bollocks.

Excellent tip.

Pity about Ben Cohen.

I didn't back Ashley ^^; 7/4 looked a bit short though of course it was cracking in hindsight. Am on Susanna Reid at 8-1 - Value too.
    She is.

Ashley Taylor Dawson is 1/10 at Betfair to be top male.

And I'll do a strictly thread next year.
This discussion has been closed.