Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Constituency betting round-up

Comments

• Options

Tories telling Nick Watt that they have had a "truly dreadful day".

Breakfast TV showed Starmer admitting Labour had no credible policy on Brexit.

Labour going "nah nah nah , not listening" on Brexit is what will be remembered longer term from today.
    You've been watching the Tories' fake video.
    Seems to me it was a pretty accurate reflection of the laughable confusion that is Labour's Brexit policy.

Not talking about it wont make it go away, you know. You're not 10.....
    Bizarrely, Labour's policy, as described by Corbyn this morning, is easy to understand, if only he would accept the inevitable consequence of the process he describes.

Post GE, he will campaign for Remain or his own new deal depending on the vote of a special conference of members. I can't see any way that conference wont vote for a Remain campaign.

Corbyn is just can kicking to keep Seamus happy.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Is this Survation on Wikipedia legit?

I don't think so.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Curious to see Boris “Fuck Business” Johnson losing it in the telegraph.

Calling Corbyn a Stalinist is not "losing it". Arguably he is quite a lot worse....
    Er, Corbyn worse than Stalin?!
    Stalin wasnt an idiot.

Corbyn with nukes anyone? Except he wont use them on anyone except our allies....
    I deeply dislike Corbyn (partly because of things people praise him on, like supposedly not changing his views over many decades) and do not understand what about him in particular people get so adoring about, but even though he takes advice from people who said very stupid things about Stalin, he is definitely never ever going to be as bad as Stalin, idiot or no.
    Malignant and foolish is worse than just malignant. The difference between Corbyn , Mcdonnell et al and Stalin is one between time and opportunity, not intent or capability.

These are not cuddly social democrats and those who dont understand that understand little...
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    See below - just published on Twitter.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,983
    AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    It links to their old poll with fieldwork dates 29th-30th Oct.
  • Options

So tomorrow Boris goes to see the Queen and then makes a speech from Downing Street

He then goes to the Midlands for his big campaign launch at 7.30pm

I think he may take the agenda over for tomorrow

You mean BJ will take the agenda over that the Tories have owned* today?

*have been owned by
  • Options

Survation just out:

Twitter.com/OpinionBee/status/1191850972605235206

Hmmmm, no sign of it on the survation twitter feed or daily mail website.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Has anyone investigated this apparent opinion poll with Con 35%, Lab 33% from Survation?
  • Options
    Dadge said:

HYUFD said:
    It's possible that Labour HQ will step in. They're already on target to lose 30 seats, throwing this one away as well would be reckless.
    Labour selects a candidate who wants the leader who led them to an historic three elections victories dead.
  • Options

Breakfast TV showed Starmer admitting Labour had no credible policy on Brexit.

Labour going "nah nah nah , not listening" on Brexit is what will be remembered longer term from today.
    You've been watching the Tories' fake video.
    Seems to me it was a pretty accurate reflection of the laughable confusion that is Labour's Brexit policy.

Not talking about it wont make it go away, you know. You're not 10.....
    Bizarrely, Labour's policy, as described by Corbyn this morning, is easy to understand, if only he would accept the inevitable consequence of the process he describes.

Post GE, he will campaign for Remain or his own new deal depending on the vote of a special conference of members. I can't see any way that conference wont vote for a Remain campaign.

Corbyn is just can kicking to keep Seamus happy.

Because Corbyn, Milne etc are committed Brexiteers.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610

MaxPB said:

How's that London Tory surge looking tonight?

https://twitter.com/BBCHelena/status/1191829046503587840

Anyone who gives a fuck about what Stormzy thinks isn't going to consider voting Tory anyway. Though the lesson should be noted. Put JRM and the rest of his idiot crew in a box.
    No, but this kind of thing might get the youth out to vote. I say 'might'.
    Nah, the youth don't give a flying fuck about Grenfell. Green issues, jobs, housing and student debt forgiveness. I hire a lot of 20-28 year olds as juniors and these are the concerns. Grenfell doesn't even break the top 20.
  • Options
    That's a bit tasty.

Tories need to lock JRM in a cupboard, and go around the UK brandishing a chequebook PDQ if they want to start clawing it back, they're having a disaster thus far.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

"Boris Johnson is on track to win Labour bastions such as Bolsover and Tony Blair's former Sedgefield seat at the election, shock poll analysis shows

Findings come from a seat-by-seat sample of 46,000 Britons for Best for Britain
    Tories would pick up a swathe of currently Labour-voting seats in the North
    But they risk losing affluent Remain seats like Cheltenham to the Lib Dems"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7652557/Boris-Johnson-track-win-Labour-bastions-like-Tony-Blairs-old-Sedgefield-seat-election.html

If the tories are relying on this to win a majority, they are stuffed...it aint going to happen. Remember last time with all those flat cap working mens club types saying jezza fucking commie, will vote tory for the first time ever, yadda yadda and then....they didn't.
    Labour's vote has been in decline for a long, long, time, in urban areas outside of the big cities, in the North and Midlands. I expect that Ashfield and Bishop Auckland will fall.
    But that's not saying much. Bolsover and Sedgefield are a different kettle of fish.

Fair to say that the Tories have a large number of Labour seats within range - it's certain that they'll pick up at least twenty of them. Because of differential swing it could be many more. http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/conservative
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Who is opinion new and how did it get the poll? I'm sure there will be a tight poll soon to scare the horses if nothing else and survation seen a likely candidate
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    There are currently state races being voted on in America

https://twitter.com/AndyFoxWAVY/status/1191848066552385536?s=19

• Options
    Bit of a shocker for the Tories if that Survation poll is correct. It doesn't really tally with the YouGov London poll we had earlier which was pretty good for the Conservatives and bad for Labour.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    The data tables still have the date from the 29-30 Oct Survation poll. Confident it is a fake.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The hoo ha over the apparently suppressed report on Russian attempts to interfere in UK politics is curious.

1. They been at it for decades as the Soviet Union and now Russia
    2. We know Putin's Russia liked Brexit because it upset the odd applecart
    3. We know that standard Russian intelligence tradecraft is to cultivate people across the political spectrum.
    4. We already know of alleged links with a number of UK politicians or campaigners

Whats new?

The only thing that's going to move any dial is if it names names, proper names.
  • Options
    Who are opinionbee? They have bugger all followers.
  • Options
    Premature Boom, by the looks of things.
  • Options
    It has the secondary questions from the Survation 29-30 Oct poll about Labour voting for a general election after opposing one, etc.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

Jonathan said:

Calling Corbyn a Stalinist is not "losing it". Arguably he is quite a lot worse....
    In what ways is Corbyn worse than Stalin? Is he planning to starve Wiltshire? Have a show trial of Gina Millar?
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019
    The “Opinion Bee” link to Survation may well be legit but this is what a fake poll could look like and later in the campaign it could move the market. Troubling.

Edit - if it’s fake they’ve gone to quite a lot of trouble on the “Opinion Bee” website.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    The data tables still have the date from the 29-30 Oct Survation poll. Confident it is a fake.
    It's depressing if people really are putting fake polls out. Even two years ago no-one tried to do this on any scale. (Apologies if it's correct).
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,024
    nunu2 said:

For those interested in legislature elections in the American states......
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1191839356362919936

Here's what's up for election: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_United_States_elections

It's pretty quiet.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,719
    Y0kel said:

The hoo ha over the apparently suppressed report on Russian attempts to interfere in UK politics is curious.

3. We know that standard Russian intelligence tradecraft is to cultivate people across the political spectrum.
    4. We already know of alleged links with a number of UK politicians or campaigners

Whats new?

The only thing that's going to move any dial is if it names names, proper names.

Agreed. So why is Boris allowing a story to be created out of it by suppressing publication?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2019
    Is this the Workington poll being reported as a national poll?

https://www.survation.com/archive/2019-2/

Edit: no different numbers.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,053
    AndyJS said:

Bit of a shocker for the Tories if that Survation poll is correct. It doesn't really tally with the YouGov London poll we had earlier which was pretty good for the Conservatives and bad for Labour.

Tory vote actually up on that Survation even if it is true, movement almost all LD to Labour
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883

Survation just out:

Twitter.com/OpinionBee/status/1191850972605235206

Hmmmm, no sign of it on the survation twitter feed or daily mail website.
    Crosses fingers
  • Options
    I think people should only really be reporting from tweets / links to the polling companies themselves or the media outlet or britain elects (which we know.are legit).
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Tory vote actually up on that Survation even if it is true, movement almost all LD to Labour
    It's now been removed from the Wikipedia site...

Fake poll
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307

Y0kel said:

Whats new?

Agreed. So why is Boris allowing a story to be created out of it by suppressing publication?
    We do not know, unless it names names
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,856

Brom said:

Well, they have.

They need less of these in the coming weeks. The Tory battleship is looking a bit leaky this evening.
    I don't think they have had anything but crap days since the campaign started.
    The public has already made up their mind about Corbyn.
    In 2017 he gained voters he never had, now he has to gain voters he has previously lost. Rarely do voters leave and then return to a PM. His work is cut out.
    Corbyn is no longer a blank canvass though, is he. The public has made up its mind.

Voters arent going back to him in any numbers,
    How do we know? We're a few days in at best. He's starting, personal numbers wise, from lower than last time, there's reasoning to suggest he cannot turn things around, but I'd want to see a week or so and if he cannot raise the Lab share in that time at all, then Labour can start to panic.
  • Options
    The OpinionBee tweet has just disappeared into the ether.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Fake poll
    Could be real, just that someone linked the wrong URL. No sign of it on Survation though...
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,030
    FTP Woolie
    dyedwoolie said:

» show previous quotes
    I'm going Tories 6, LDs 5, Labour zero, SNP 48
    What's your thinking this time round?

I am thinking around 50 - 51
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Oops.
  • Options

So tomorrow Boris goes to see the Queen and then makes a speech from Downing Street

Spend spend spend, Corbyn awful, spend spend spend, please let me win Nigel, Corbyn awful, spend spend spend?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

They need less of these in the coming weeks. The Tory battleship is looking a bit leaky this evening.
    In 2017 he gained voters he never had, now he has to gain voters he has previously lost. Rarely do voters leave and then return to a PM. His work is cut out.
    Corbyn is no longer a blank canvass though, is he. The public has made up its mind.

How do we know? We're a few days in at best. He's starting, personal numbers wise, from lower than last time, there's reasoning to suggest he cannot turn things around, but I'd want to see a week or so and if he cannot raise the Lab share in that time at all, then Labour can start to panic.
    The time for Labour to panic was along time ago...
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883

I think people should only really be reporting from tweets / links to the polling companies themselves or the media outlet or britain elects (which we know.are legit).

What about Britain_Elects!!
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    edited November 2019
    malcolmg said:

FTP Woolie
    dyedwoolie said:

» show previous quotes

I think we are in the same ball park. Although I doubt you will like my prediction of Wishart going down ;)
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

They've just said they pulled the data from Wiki.

Apologies, they normally tweet reliable stuff. I'll stick to Britain Elects from now on.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,851
    kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

I'm sure Corbyn's numbers will rise. But, probably not by enough.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

FTP Woolie
    dyedwoolie said:

» show previous quotes

Scottish Tories 10 seats, LDs6, Labour 2.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Almost the Tories' worse nightmare. LDs too. If it is borne out.

If voters really do return en masse to Labour then Boris will have fallen for the same arrogant presumption as May did, for the same reason, and this time cost Brexit entirely. We shall see whether he can turn things around, momentum wise, once the campaign kicks off.
  • Options
    Can a moderator edit my earlier post querying if the poll was real to emphasise it appears not to be?

Don’t want to be the source of anyone being misled and I can’t alter it now.
  • Options
    Whoever runs OpinionBee is obviously a bit credulous. You need to be more sceptical if a poll appears which is so out of line with all the others.
  • Options
    Survation were quoted on a fake poll from IoW a couple of days ago too..
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

It was a fake.
  • Options
    Fake news. Sad.
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Fake poll
    Could be real, just that someone linked the wrong URL. No sign of it on Survation though...
    The link on the Opinion Bee website links to the previous Survation poll from late October. So, it might be real. And it might not be real.

I don't have enough information to make a call.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    See below - just published on Twitter.
    The fact that it appeared on Twitter isn't exactly a recommendation of its veracity.
  • Options

Can a moderator edit my earlier post querying if the poll was real to emphasise it appears not to be?

Don’t want to be the source of anyone being misled and I can’t alter it now.

I think readers will see that it was viewed with a bit of suspicion, so I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,936
    ....is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet ?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    It's depressing if people really are putting fake polls out. Even two years ago no-one tried to do this on any scale. (Apologies if it's correct).
    Yes, it is depressing. Of course today we have the Tories putting out a fake video of Keir Starmer not responding to a question he did answer. Fakery abounds. With the fake video technology now becoming possible there is potential for this to get a lot worse if people don't choose to rein it in.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Fake poll. I think that Wikipedia page needs to be locked down.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

I think they won't rise by as much as before, but the Tories will not achieve what they did before either, so the latter may cancel out the former.
  • Options
    swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435
    Dadge said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

"Boris Johnson is on track to win Labour bastions such as Bolsover and Tony Blair's former Sedgefield seat at the election, shock poll analysis shows

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7652557/Boris-Johnson-track-win-Labour-bastions-like-Tony-Blairs-old-Sedgefield-seat-election.html

If the tories are relying on this to win a majority, they are stuffed...it aint going to happen. Remember last time with all those flat cap working mens club types saying jezza fucking commie, will vote tory for the first time ever, yadda yadda and then....they didn't.
    Labour's vote has been in decline for a long, long, time, in urban areas outside of the big cities, in the North and Midlands. I expect that Ashfield and Bishop Auckland will fall.
    But that's not saying much. Bolsover and Sedgefield are a different kettle of fish.

Fair to say that the Tories have a large number of Labour seats within range - it's certain that they'll pick up at least twenty of them. Because of differential swing it could be many more. http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/conservative
    This is the problem with the JRM `Etonian elite' label that dogs the Tories.... the image of posh southerners lording it up (remember the photo in HoC) will swing those BREXIT minded voters straight to BXP and not to the Conservatives in precisely those seats
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Whatever happened to idea of only trusted editors being allowed to edit sensitive wiki pages.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

With only our AndyJS having permission to edit.
  • Options
    Video out in the States of Biden apparently sniffing a young girls hair in that way he does. Dirty old bastard
  • Options

kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

The time for Labour to panic was along time ago...
    Perhaps, but they could justifiably hope that the campaign would see them rise, as it did last time. If that does not happen in the first few weeks, at least showing they are moving in the right direction, then even some true believers may start to doubt. In a few polls it has happened already, though not to the degree of this apparently fake one.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Well, they have.

When was the last time the Tories actually had a good GE electioneering day? Probably in 2015 when Ed Miliband said on national TV that he didn't think Labour 97-2010 had overspent.
    Edstone Day was a good one. Well, a good laugh anyway.
  • Options
    RobD said:

MaxPB said:

I'm not allowed to edit that page. Only super editors are. Sunil is one I think.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    kle4 said:

Spend spend spend, Corbyn awful, spend spend spend, please let me win Nigel, Corbyn awful, spend spend spend?
    What about the word brexit? Surely Tory’s win brexit election easily. This is supposed to be Parliament versus the people being denied brexit?

If it becomes building state sector and social services post austerity election they could actually lose the election?

Why did they vacate the battleground today? They’ve been pushing for the GE, where have they been?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

....is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet ?

Yes, unless you are:

Jacob Rees Mogg
    The bloke that runs the Opinion Bee Twitter feed
    A Welsh Tory
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

The Cairns story actually looks more serious than the Moggster.

If I understand it right, the man convicted of rape appealed, and only recently was his appeal rejected, so the details can now be reported. This is why the story has suddenly come out at Election time, although it all happened some time ago.

Again, if I understand right, the judge seems to have written to Cairns to state that his protege Ross England collapsed the rape trial to try and protect his friend. Nonetheless, Cairns supported Ross England's application to be a Welsh Assembly candidate.

If my understanding is right, it looks as though Cairns may actually be in some trouble. Ross has fallen on his sword, but it may not be enough.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

I think they won't rise by as much as before, but the Tories will not achieve what they did before either, so the latter may cancel out the former.
    I think this time round, the Tory/Brexit Party vote is very sticky, in the mid to high forties.
  • Options

Video out in the States of Biden apparently sniffing a young girls hair in that way he does. Dirty old bastard

His long history of this behaviour is very odd.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

I'm not allowed to edit that page. Only super editors are. Sunil is one I think.
    Anyone can edit that page, it's not secured.
  • Options

Well, they have.

When was the last time the Tories actually had a good GE electioneering day? Probably in 2015 when Ed Miliband said on national TV that he didn't think Labour 97-2010 had overspent.
    We shall never see its like again. Oh, what hilarity it was, and the knowledge that so many people cleared it too.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

I think this time round, the Tory/Brexit Party vote is very sticky, in the mid to high forties.
    I actually agree, broadly speaking. But fortunately for Labour and the LDs that vote cannot be counted together!
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

Yeah, but it's been a long time since I edited the Opinion Polling page - probably back in 2015!
  • Options

His long history of this behaviour is very odd.
    The depth of it is no doubt much worse than what we have seen. Its creepy in the extreme
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,709

AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    Yes, it is depressing. Of course today we have the Tories putting out a fake video of Keir Starmer not responding to a question he did answer. Fakery abounds. With the fake video technology now becoming possible there is potential for this to get a lot worse if people don't choose to rein it in.
    So blatant that even Piers Morgan noticed...
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/nov/05/tories-unrepentant-about-doctored-video-of-keir-starmer-tv-appearance
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Whats new?

We do not know, unless it names names
    They didn’t give a very good reason, so it must be more damaging to their campaign than the fun their opponents will have asking why it’s suppressed , also more damaging released now than leaked half way through because possibility of that will have to have been considered.
  • Options
    That’s really disappointing. I’d tend to trust Wikipedia in “boring, geeky, results aggregator” mode, albeit I would check for the primary source If I was going to bet, on the basis that no one would bother to ruin it. I now have to ignore it.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Loved the Lib Dem dishonest bar chart about Rees Mogg.

Almost as delicious as the squirming Swinson interview when she was called on it.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

In what ways is Corbyn worse than Stalin? Is he planning to starve Wiltshire? Have a show trial of Gina Millar?
    Both would win my vote. 😁
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Hmm. Sounds like BS to me. I wonder if someone did this in order to gain a few (thousand) quid on the betting markets? Might be worth seeing if there were any large bets/trades in the half-hour that Opinion Bee put that fake poll up.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Well, they have.

We shall never see its like again. Oh, what hilarity it was, and the knowledge that so many people cleared it too.
    Lets not forget the Elvis impersonator at that Labour event

Another golden moment
  • Options
    egg said:

Jonathan said:

Both would win my vote. 😁
    I guess I'm moving to Somerset then! What has poor Wiltshire done to earn such ire?!
  • Options

That’s really disappointing. I’d tend to trust Wikipedia in “boring, geeky, results aggregator” mode, albeit I would check for the primary source If I was going to bet, on the basis that no one would bother to ruin it. I now have to ignore it.

No need to over-react. It's pretty reliable on the whole, we just need to do a sense check if any new poll seems to be indicating a shift.
  • Options
    Have Lawyer Boy and Gina Miller gone to court to stop the travesty of people changing the make up of their sovereign parliament yet?
  • Options

No need to over-react.
    Not to overreact would be a violation of PB byelaws I'm afraid.

Pleasant dreams to all, of Tory landslides, of Corbyn miracles and everything in between.
  • Options
    Dadge said:

HYUFD said:
    It's possible that Labour HQ will step in. They're already on target to lose 30 seats, throwing this one away as well would be reckless.
    Vetted in not vetted out. 😁😁😁
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Almost the Tories' worse nightmare. LDs too. If it is borne out.

If voters really do return en masse to Labour then Boris will have fallen for the same arrogant presumption as May did, for the same reason, and this time cost Brexit entirely. We shall see whether he can turn things around, momentum wise, once the campaign kicks off.
    Its the hope that gets you
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,351
    edited November 2019
    AndyJS said:

As usual, it's best to read Mail articles from the bottom up, because that's where they put the bits they want to downplay. Here the final lines are:

"Prof Hanretty, who is known for producing constituency-level estimates of the Leave vote in the 2016 referendum, cautioned that it was 'hard to evaluate the accuracy of the estimates without knowing a lot more about the model'.

But analysis of a large poll sample using a similar technique gave a prediction that closely matched the 2017 election result."

Which would be interesting. But I'm not clear if they're just talking about last week's findings (Summary: tactical voting will stop Johnson, lack of it will fail) or new findings.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    kle4 said:

Well, they have.

For those who want to know what a bad day REALLY looks like....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39880463/edstone-is-spotted-in-an-outdoor-seating-area-at-a-restaurant-in-london
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

Brom said:

Well, they have.

I actually agree, broadly speaking. But fortunately for Labour and the LDs that vote cannot be counted together!
    No, if TBP are in the 15-20% range, Labour could easily win. If they're kept down at 10% or so, it's hard to see anything other than a Tory win.
  • Options
    It would be useful if each of the pollsters could let people know when their next poll is due out, but I suppose they sometimes like to keep the fact that they have another poll in the pipeline a secret for various reasons.
  • Options

Thank God we have a President with higher standards.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

Yeah, but it's been a long time since I edited the Opinion Polling page - probably back in 2015!
    Sorry, 2017!
  • Options

AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

I don't think so.
    Big mistake by the Tories to manipulate the video IMO.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Just seen the Keir Starmer doctored interview. Have the Tories always been shits or is it the Boris johnson influence?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's the Boris Johnson influence.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,860
    Objectively, it’s been a terrible day for the Tories.

Alan Cairns, possibly a resigning matter.
    No Deal back on the table.
    Fake videos of opponents.
    Grenfell victim-blaming.
    Suppression of the Russian interference report.
    A former Chancellor finally throws the towel in.

The media haven’t picked up the narrative though.
    I think people are so depressed by Corbyn and so unimpressed by Swinson that the Tories win by default.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Just seen the Keir Starmer doctored interview. Have the Tories always been shits or is it the Boris johnson influence?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's the Boris Johnson influence.

Doctored interview, is the only bit out of sequence the reaction? It does accurately reflect Labour's Brexit policy though. :)
This discussion has been closed.