Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Extraordinary – Hillary Clinton now FIFTH favourite in the bet

SystemSystem Posts: 11,692
edited October 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Extraordinary – Hillary Clinton now FIFTH favourite in the betting for the Democratic nomination

Betdata.io chart of Betfair market

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First like what Hilary will be.
  • Options

First like what Hilary will be.

Not reely.
  • Options
    First again. I need to get out more. :(
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,817
    edited October 2019
    Fourth - like mid November's extension?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,315

Clearly not :smiley:

More seriously, how on Earth are people still dumb enough to be betting on Clinton as a possible nominee? I’ve a better chance of becoming President than she has and the constitution would have to be changed first!
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Fourth?

Fourth in a three horse race like Corbyn?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,857

@yanisvaroufakis having a go at LibDems. "They have abandoned Liberalism"

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1187480582458138634

Pretty sure every party, even the truly terrible ones, have interest inbuilding a better society. They just disagree on what that means.

I tried that once. Awful, it was.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ydoethur said:

More seriously, how on Earth are people still dumb enough to be betting on Clinton as a possible nominee?
    You've stumbled upon the secret conspiracy of Martian voters I see.
    ydoethur said:

Pro_Rata said:

Fourth?

Fourth in a three horse race like Corbyn?
    That's future Prime Minister Corbyn, thank you.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,094
    Is the IRA gaming the market?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

More seriously, how on Earth are people still dumb enough to be betting on Clinton as a possible nominee?
    You've stumbled upon the secret conspiracy of Martian voters I see.
    If you believe that your head must be far up Uranus.

(Forgive me, I just couldn’t resist).
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited October 2019
    If we all pray really hard, do you think we can get her to say something vague about running so we can tuck in and lay even more?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

More seriously, how on Earth are people still dumb enough to be betting on Clinton as a possible nominee? I’ve a better chance of becoming President than she has and the constitution would have to be changed first!
    No, I don't get it either, but unfortunately I maxed out on her at much bigger prices, so I just gotta be patient now.
  • Options

If we all pray really hard, do you think we can get her to say something vague about running so we can tuck in and lay even more?

Getting her to say something vague was never exactly hard.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,273
    Her husband didn't enter the race until October iirc.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Her husband didn't enter the race until October iirc.

My goodness, that’s teed up perfectly for a filthy joke about what he was entering instead.
  • Options

I am on Clinton at 95 to be POTUS in 2020.
  • Options

There were times that wasn’t silly, and I’m sure you know what you are doing. The people offering their cash at the minute however?....
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited October 2019
    I mean, without wishing to get too dark the actuarial tables must suggest she’d only have a 90% chance if it was a one horse race..... (And she was actually in it).
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,720

That would be in 2042, surely ?
  • Options

I mean, without wishing to get too dark the actuarial tables must suggest she’d only have a 90% chance if it was a one horse race..... (And she was actually in it).

I really don't think that's accurate.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Jesus Christ. Useless clown MPs need to pass the deal asap.

https://twitter.com/adamparsons/status/1187828807513890819
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,936
    Andrew said:

Poll tax and No Deal Brexit. Fucks sake Letwin.
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    @nichomar I read your post about your dog and wife on the last thread and it really touched me, you have my sympathy.

@NickPalmer Your post on the last thread about 'benefits' for MPs reminded me of something a few months ago. I was picking up a take away from my local Indian and the only two customers were myself and my local MP.

The manager handed over a pretty large order and refused payment, there was a couple of (lame) attempts to hand over money which were refused. At that point she turned to me and said 'you saw me offer didn't, you saw me'.

I told her I hadn't and it was going on twitter at which point her face dropped before I told her I was joking.

What did strike me was as the manager introduced us (I knew who she was because i'm a member of my local Conservative association) she went straight in to political mode where she was praising local business and in particular the Indian takeway...it took a fraction of a second for her to realise that it was actually Bangladeshi and stumble through a correction.

I came away pretty unimpressed with her which is unfortunate as i'm out canvassing for her at the next GE.
  • Options
    I think the explanation for this emerged in an article I posted a couple of days back, but am too lazy to look for right now.
    Apparently there are an awful lot of Republicans who think she will run (which stupidity is hardly incredible, considering they voted for Trump).
    Add to that Clinton and/or her aides not quashing, or even encouraging the rumour that she might run, and there is enough there to move a relatively thin market, when there is no clear alternative moderate standard bearer to the faltering Biden.

Took the opportunity to lay a bit earlier on today.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

It's not just Letwin. Every single MP that doesn't want no deal should either vote for the deal or vote for an election. There is no other end game from here.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I know we used to say Gordon Brown had the reverse Midas touch but I actually think Letwin is on another level.

Thank goodness he's going at the next GE.

• Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Lat time I remember a scoreline of 0-8 as tonight was when Fulham beat Halifax Town as it was then 0-8 at the Shay stadium in the late 60's Steve Earle got a hatrick for Fulham..
  • Options
    nunuonenunuone Posts: 1,138
    Andrew said:

Lol.

I want no deal.
  • Options
    (FPT)
    Chris said:

Scott_P said:
    In case anyone else hadn't seen that before, apparently "butt-dialing" means accidentally making a phone call with your buttocks when your mobile phone is in your back trouser pocket.
    In this case, isn’t it simply an acknowledgment that Giuliani is an arse ?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,094

Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

It's not just Letwin. Every single MP that doesn't want no deal should either vote for the deal or vote for an election. There is no other end game from here.
    Revocation.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,129
    nunuone said:

Andrew said:

Lol.

I want no deal.
    So do our MP it seems.....

It will be the funniest thing ever if Corbyn gets the blame for No Deal. It's heading that way right now.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    SunnyJim said:

@nichomar I read your post about your dog and wife on the last thread and it really touched me, you have my sympathy.

@NickPalmer Your post on the last thread about 'benefits' for MPs reminded me of something a few months ago. I was picking up a take away from my local Indian and the only two customers were myself and my local MP.

The manager handed over a pretty large order and refused payment, there was a couple of (lame) attempts to hand over money which were refused. At that point she turned to me and said 'you saw me offer didn't, you saw me'.

I told her I hadn't and it was going on twitter at which point her face dropped before I told her I was joking.

What did strike me was as the manager introduced us (I knew who she was because i'm a member of my local Conservative association) she went straight in to political mode where she was praising local business and in particular the Indian takeway...it took a fraction of a second for her to realise that it was actually Bangladeshi and stumble through a correction.

I came away pretty unimpressed with her which is unfortunate as i'm out canvassing for her at the next GE.

Given your a Tory, I find your username funny as "SunnyJim" was James Callaghan's nickname...
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,833
    Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

Would certainly be quite a legacy...
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I'm being Jeb Bush'd out of this market.
  • Options

Given your a Tory, I find your username funny as "SunnyJim" was James Callaghan's nickname...

My name could be Jim and I may have a sunny disposition.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,724
    Nice game of footy :)
  • Options

Revocation.

I'd be interested to see the numbers for revocation vs the WAB.

Surely the latter would be a much easier path for all bar the most fanatical remain MPs.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Also tell everyone she has a Policy page:
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

The weird thing about these odds is it's about where she should be if she *was* running.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,191
    Foxy said:

Does help when he VAR is the one ref who would quite gladly overrule his colleagues on the pitch.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,351
    edited October 2019
    SunnyJim said:

My wife and I did know a restaurant owner of Bangladeshi origin who used to invite us to his home for meals and would always seek to give us something when we left - a scarf, a bowl, etc. When they exceeded the trivial level I asked him to stop, explaining that it could get us both into trouble. He did, and we remained friends for many years - I truly think he was just being hospitable, and he certainly never asked me to do anything for him. I can imagine cases where it's hard to draw the line between causing distress by refusing and accepting inappropriate favours.

But I think that not paying in a commercial establishment is not a good idea and it might be wise to suggest to your candidate that it's best to be careful. There are no end of organisations that will be keen to offer her favours if she wins, and it's a slippery slope.

I was once approached at a party conference by an Azerbaijani lobbyist who said that the organisation he represented was keen to donate generously to the campaigns of MPs willing to take a helpful view of their difficulties with Armenia - after all, he said, Azerbaijan was very pro-NATO. My latent Corbynism kicked in and I said politely that I wasn't a fan of NATO myself, so I wouldn't be the right man for him. He looked shocked, like a man discovering a wasp in his croissant. I wondered if I should report him to someone, but wasn't sure he'd crossed the legal line.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    SunnyJim said:

Pulpstar said:

I know we used to say Gordon Brown had the reverse Midas touch but I actually think Letwin is on another level.

Letwin is an Old Etonian, like Boris, Cameron and Jacob Rees-Mogg. That is almost the entire Brexit saga from one school, and perhaps all had the reverse Midas touch.
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,602

Lat time I remember a scoreline of 0-8 as tonight was when Fulham beat Halifax Town as it was then 0-8 at the Shay stadium in the late 60's Steve Earle got a hatrick for Fulham..

It was indeed 0-8 tonight, but only until the 92nd minute.
  • Options
    Labour MPs on Newsnight all over the shop on Brexit/election.....
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081

Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

I agree.
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268

Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

Revocation.
    If MPs repeatedly dodged an election and then cancelled a public vote, there would genuinely be civil unrest and violence.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

I find it hard to believe. There's always a danger in game playing that things will catastrophically cock up, but the one major consistent line running through the EU position has been to not be seen as in any way responsible for an accidental no deal situation. They won't let it happen, and as of right now it is in their power to ensure it does not happen by extending to a date Boris and Parliament are currently bound by law to accept.

So it seems more like more of their trying to get us to make up our minds in as direct a way as they feel able to without just yelling 'pass the deal or a GE already, you idiots!'.

And regardless no MPs believe them as none have any urgency whatsoever. It's always time to do 'it' (whatever that might be) later. Boris will pass his deal when he feels like it, no rush. Labour will vote for an election later. And so on and so forth.
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

Pulpstar said:

Letwin is an Old Etonian, like Boris, Cameron and Jacob Rees-Mogg. That is almost the entire Brexit saga from one school, and perhaps all had the reverse Midas touch.
    Brexit was lost on the playing fields of Eton.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Andrew said:

I agree.
    Me three!
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,860
    If Corbyn stood down and Thornberry became LOTO, Brexit would be dead.
  • Options

Watson gets a few weeks to do that first.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Foxy said:

Does help when he VAR is the one ref who would quite gladly overrule his colleagues on the pitch.
    This is technically a better team than the one that won the League, though both Liverpool and Man City are going to be hard to catch.

Quite looking forward to Arsenal coming to visit in 2/52.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    OGH's OP: What’s extraordinary about the current betting is that four of the top five are in their seventies (Hillary is 72 tomorrow)

If age does become an issue, it may dish all of the front-runners simultaneously. For that reason, I'd keep a weather eye on those lower down the list. Age probably won't be an issue, it wasn't with Reagan, Trump or Hillary, and Bernie Sanders has recovered from his dicky heart, so now is not the time to charge in head-down but I'd be wary of laying the rags in case they do suddenly come back into play.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    kle4 said:

Andrew said:

I find it hard to believe. There's always a danger in game playing that things will catastrophically cock up, but the one major consistent line running through the EU position has been to not be seen as in any way responsible for an accidental no deal situation. They won't let it happen, and as of right now it is in their power to ensure it does not happen by extending to a date Boris and Parliament are currently bound by law to accept.

So it seems more like more of their trying to get us to make up our minds in as direct a way as they feel able to without just yelling 'pass the deal or a GE already, you idiots!'.

And regardless no MPs believe them as none have any urgency whatsoever. It's always time to do 'it' (whatever that might be) later. Boris will pass his deal when he feels like it, no rush. Labour will vote for an election later. And so on and so forth.
    If the EU genuinely wanted the deal to pass they could have ruled out any further extension at the last summit.
  • Options

I don't know why everyone rates Thornberry. Everyone used to say Harman came across as hectoring but I found her down to Earth. Thornberry seems to look down her nose and roll her eyes at everyone. And the England flag controversy just seemed to confirm that.
  • Options

But I think that not paying in a commercial establishment is not a good idea and it might be wise to suggest to your candidate that it's best to be careful. There are no end of organisations that will be keen to offer her favours if she wins, and it's a slippery slope.

To be fair to her the owner was clearly genuinely proud to have her in his restaurant and was overbearingly insistent about her not paying.

I can see how it is a minefield for elected representatives with eyes constantly on them.
  • Options

OGH's OP: What’s extraordinary about the current betting is that four of the top five are in their seventies (Hillary is 72 tomorrow)

If age does become an issue, it may dish all of the front-runners simultaneously. For that reason, I'd keep a weather eye on those lower down the list. Age probably won't be an issue, it wasn't with Reagan, Trump or Hillary, and Bernie Sanders has recovered from his dicky heart, so now is not the time to charge in head-down but I'd be wary of laying the rags in case they do suddenly come back into play.

It is not just age, but rather perceived age. Bizzie Lizzie just fizzes with energy. She really doesn't look old.
  • Options
    dodrade said:

kle4 said:

Andrew said:

If the EU genuinely wanted the deal to pass they could have ruled out any further extension at the last summit.
    The Danish intervention meant they couldn't.
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    dodrade said:

kle4 said:

Andrew said:

I don't think "all in" is its style.
  • Options

That was perhaps the missed opportunity of the summer. If Tom Watson had been replaced as Deputy Leader, Jezza may have been willing to stand down.
  • Options
    Gabs2 said:

I don't know why everyone rates Thornberry. Everyone used to say Harman came across as hectoring but I found her down to Earth. Thornberry seems to look down her nose and roll her eyes at everyone. And the England flag controversy just seemed to confirm that.
    Does "everyone rate" ET? In my bubble, "everyone hates" her.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,046
    Revoke is the sensible move next week.

Take back control.
  • Options

Take back control.

From the electorate obviously
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,046
    Gabs2 said:

If some tosser next to your house covered his home top to toe in England flags outside a tournament I dare say either you, your wife, or both would be pissed off about it. All Thornberry did was draw attention to the inconsiderate dickhead that did it. Get over it.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,064
    Hillary is not happening, this is similar to the talk of Gore in 2004 which went nowhere as he did not run again anyway as she won't
  • Options

Not at all, Thornberry would win barely any Tory or Brexit Party votes given her anti Brexit views. She might win over some LD voters to Labour but would likely lose some Corbynistas to the Greens too
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    kle4 said:

Pretty sure every party, even the truly terrible ones, have interest inbuilding a better society. They just disagree on what that means.
    Quite.

One wonders on what planet Jones and Varoufakis reside if they consider themselves voices with any relevance to Lib Dem target voters. But then preaching to the choir has always been Jones’s schtick.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

EU Ambassadors have agreed on an extension, the question is the timing. Macron just wants a few weeks in which case it could be No Deal if MPs have not voted for the Withdrawal Agreement, a general election or EUref2 or revoke by then, yes
  • Options
    On topic I've laid Killary 28.04 for £75 stake as nominee.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    edited October 2019
    Humiliating defeat for the Corbyn cult and their Union backers who tried to deselect Ian Murray from Edinburgh South. You'd think Labour had enough on their plate without trying to get rid of their most popular and successful Scottish MP
  • Options
    Foxy said:

That was perhaps the missed opportunity of the summer. If Tom Watson had been replaced as Deputy Leader, Jezza may have been willing to stand down.
    Your boys didn't miss many opportunities tonight :o !
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Your boys didn't miss many opportunities tonight :o !
    Good to see Perez and Chilwell on the score sheets, the fans have been getting a bit restive with them, unreasonably so in my opinion.

We have a nice run of games coming.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Gabs2 said:

If some tosser next to your house covered his home top to toe in England flags outside a tournament I dare say either you, your wife, or both would be pissed off about it. All Thornberry did was draw attention to the inconsiderate dickhead that did it. Get over it.
    Thornberry is the worst kind of snob who pretends to be one of the people
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

Take back control.

Boris? Revoke??
  • Options

Take back control.

Ignore voters you mean
  • Options
    'France is ready to send Britain crashing out of the European Union unless Labour and the Commons agree to a general election or ratify Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal.
    Britain and the EU are nearing the brink of no-deal after President Macron today blocked an extension to Brexit and preparations began for an emergency summit on October 30.
    A source close to the French president warned that a delay to Brexit beyond Thursday was “not a given” unless there was new political movement in Westminster to justify it.
    “France wants a justified and proportionate extension. However, we have nothing of the sort so far,” an Élysée official said.'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/growing-risk-of-no-deal-in-six-days-after-macron-blocks-brexit-extension-h5fxtprqr
  • Options

Not sure I agree with that
  • Options

Take back control.

Boris? Revoke??
    MPs? Revoke?

• Options

What a surprise
  • Options

kle4 said:

Quite.

One wonders on what planet Jones and Varoufakis reside if they consider themselves voices with any relevance to Lib Dem target voters. But then preaching to the choir has always been Jones’s schtick.
    With all due respect to Yanis, his record in building a better society in Greece is... perhaps not one from which to issue such olympian judgments.
  • Options
    nunuonenunuone Posts: 1,138

Take back control.

Theres no majority for revoke in this Parliament.

It's either pass Boris Deal or an election or No deal
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

'France is ready to send Britain crashing out of the European Union unless Labour and the Commons agree to a general election or ratify Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal.
    Britain and the EU are nearing the brink of no-deal after President Macron today blocked an extension to Brexit and preparations began for an emergency summit on October 30.
    A source close to the French president warned that a delay to Brexit beyond Thursday was “not a given” unless there was new political movement in Westminster to justify it.
    “France wants a justified and proportionate extension. However, we have nothing of the sort so far,” an Élysée official said.'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/growing-risk-of-no-deal-in-six-days-after-macron-blocks-brexit-extension-h5fxtprqr

They really want Boris to get his election on Monday.

In fairness it's not unreasonable. If someone keeps asking for more time without indicating that they are close to completing the task at hand you'd tell them to bugger off, or give them a contract to build a football stadium for some reason, but either way you'd want them to stop taking the piss.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Gabs2 said:

Thornberry is the worst kind of snob who pretends to be one of the people
    That would be a nob snob
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

I'm not sure whether i'm hugely amused or insulted.

I don't believe it but if it were to be true then there are 3 options available to the opposition:

1. Vote the deal through

2. Call a GE on Monday

3. Revoke

The opposition need to choose their poison.

• Options
    @nichomar I too read your comment on the last thread. Life sounds really hard for you at the moment. Thinking of you.
  • Options
    Floater said:

What a surprise
    I'm surprised they didn't wait for the duty free.
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

HYUFD said:

I don't believe it but if it were to be true then there are 3 options available to the opposition:

1. Vote the deal through

2. Call a GE on Monday

3. Revoke

And helpfully since Boris no longer wants to try his deal (since 'vote the deal through' in this context would mean trying to timetable it, whilst still intending to tack on amendments etc), the easiest option politically becomes the second. If we don't get a GE agreed on Monday, calling the EU's bluff, then expect it on Tuesday after the EU agree the extension. They have the means to punish us with no deal, but no one believes they'd do it so the threat has no weight.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    kle4 said:

SunnyJim said:

HYUFD said:

1. Vote the deal through

2. Call a GE on Monday

3. Revoke

And helpfully since Boris no longer wants to try his deal (since 'vote the deal through' in this context would mean trying to timetable it, whilst still intending to tack on amendments etc), the easiest option politically becomes the second. If we don't get a GE agreed on Monday, calling the EU's bluff, then expect it on Tuesday after the EU agree the extension. They have the means to punish us with no deal, but no one believes they'd do it so the threat has no weight.
    We are well and truly through the looking glass so I would suggest that, however seemingly unlikely, nothing is too surreal to be impossible. It's what keeps the idiots' mouths frothing.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "France is ready to send Britain crashing out of the European Union unless Labour and the Commons agree to a general election or ratify Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal."

• Options

nunuone said:

Take back control.

This is a Parliament that will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to either Deal or General Election - having their fingers prised away one by one by the French. That is how fucked it is.

At least a General Election gives them a slight chance the Parliamentary arithmetic afterwards could still kill Brexit. But more likely, it kills their jobs before Christmas. And the longer they dick around, finding ever more feeble excuses, the more likely that becomes.

But it is one or the other guys.
    The sight of Labour MPs being forced to vote for a general election to avoid No Deal, then 100 of them losing their jobs, then Boris passing the Withdrawal Agreement with a comfortable Tory majority early next year would be delicious
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

HYUFD said:

1. Vote the deal through

2. Call a GE on Monday

3. Revoke

There is little chance of 1 or 3 from this Parliament so 2 it will have to be
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Sooo, presumably Monday GE vote fails, then Tuesday surely it's more likely the EC moves towards the French position, 2 or 4 week extension and the deal whizzes through Parliament.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
    If we do end up leaving with No Deal
    HYUFD said:

nunuone said:

Take back control.

This is a Parliament that will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to either Deal or General Election - having their fingers prised away one by one by the French. That is how fucked it is.

At least a General Election gives them a slight chance the Parliamentary arithmetic afterwards could still kill Brexit. But more likely, it kills their jobs before Christmas. And the longer they dick around, finding ever more feeble excuses, the more likely that becomes.

The sight of Labour MPs being forced to vote for a general election to avoid No Deal, then 100 of them losing their jobs, then Boris passing the Withdrawal Agreement with a comfortable Tory majority early next year would be delicious
    Closely followed by a crash out a few months later with no FTA. Yes - an absolute hoot.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Let's have an election as soon as possible to clear the air. But I expect the motion to fail on Monday.
  • Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    ydoethur said:

Wall St Democratic megadonors really don't want Elizabeth Warren to be President. If Biden blows up (as seems distinctly possible) they need a Plan B.
    Hillary by name recognition can easily get the polling to get in the debates and can easily get the fundraising. She has many faults, but who else are they going to get at short notice to be a competitive not-Warren candidate ?

I don't think she'd win either, but there is a price where she is value
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Cyclefree said:

If we do end up leaving with No Deal

HYUFD said:

nunuone said:

Take back control.

Closely followed by a crash out a few months later with no FTA. Yes - an absolute hoot.
    We would at least be treated to this lot trying to explain why No Deal is not the paradise they promised us. Poor entertainment, but likely to be the only bright spot in post-Brexit Britain.
This discussion has been closed.