Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mayor Pete’s The One To Beat

1235»

Comments

• Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,221
    felix said:

Cyclefree said:

Scott_P said:
    It has come to something in Britain that a Cabinet Minister has to confirm that the PM will comply with the law and this is news worth reporting.
    You'd rather he hadn't answered the question?
    I'd rather that the question didn't need asking because no-one would ever have thought that a PM would not obey the law.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758
    Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

Scott_P said:
    It has come to something in Britain that a Cabinet Minister has to confirm that the PM will comply with the law and this is news worth reporting.
    You'd rather he hadn't answered the question?
    I'd rather that the question didn't need asking because no-one would ever have thought that a PM would not obey the law.
    WMD
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,265

148grss said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I think Warren is now the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, with Buttigieg her closest rival in Iowa, Sanders in New Hampshire and Biden in South Carolina.

Buttigieg also scored some hits on Warren in the debate last night on how she will have to raise taxes for her proposed Medicare for all plan, something Sanders has admitted he will have to do but not yet her. If she did become nominee be assured the Trump campaign would also run ads hitting her on taxes

I agree with you that she's the frontrunner, and that she's a weak candidate for the ge. Where I think we disagree is I think she's a better candidate than Biden, and I also think she's still more likely to beat Trump than lose
    Latest Ohio poll Biden 52% Trump 47%, Warren 51% Trump 48%

https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2019/10/ohio-poll-shows-donald-trump-behind-joe-biden-bernie-sanders-and-elizabeth-warren-in-possible-2020-matchups.html
    Yeah, but Ohio is not the tipping swing state in the current climate. If a Democrat is winning Ohio they have probably already won enough Electoral College points to get the GE. Easier wins in Nev, Penn, Mich, Wisc, and even potentially Florida mean Ohio may not matter. Due to the nature of which states vote similarly, Ohio is not the tell tale swing state it may have been previously.

Also, I'm not really comfortable with your general spotlights on single polls, and personally prefer poll aggregates. The aggregate of all polls show all three of Biden, Sanders and Warren beating Trump in Ohio:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/Ohio.html
    Fair points. And if someone then just responds by ignoring both points and just continuing to cite a single poll from Ohio, I think you have every reason not to bother continuing to bash your head against a brick wall.
    Although Ohio could be the tipping point state, even if it's not that likely to be. Eg Dems pick up Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn, but Trump picks up New Hampshire leaving Dems needing one more. It is possible that Dems would pick up Ohio before Florida in this situation - Obama won Ohio by more than he won Florida in 2012. I think Ohio should be an important target for Dems in 2020.

(I'm not sure what was meant by "Nev" in above post: Clinton won Nevada in 2016).
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062
    kle4 said:

malcolmg said:

Foxy said:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1184348458616008704?s=21

I read this the other way around. Midnight Brussels time has not been reached. A deal of some sort will be renegotiated now, I expect.

Whether it will be saleable is another matter.

1. It will involve MASSIVE climb-down by shagger
    2. It will involve MASSIVE hypocrisy by ERG members who back it
    3. Brexiteers in the country will then turn Johnson's language back onto him and the Tories. SURRENDER! TRAITORS!
    The DUP’s reaction will be critical. They are under pressure too. There is no shortage of Northern Irish politicians getting ready to accuse them of betrayal too.

It will be nothing moiney cannot solve. Why send £350 million a week to Brussels when it can be spent on bribing the DUP instead??!!

I don't think that true. While the DUP love the pork barrel, the idea that everyone's principles are for sale is a particularly Tory vice, as we see with the Magic Money Tree promises.

We will see. I suspect that the DUP sign-off will be accompanied by a hell of a lot of cash!

You can bet on it , they are worse than the Lib Dems.
    I didnt know you thought that possible!
    It is very tight but they just take the biscuit
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    HYUFD said:

No, just realistic.

When we had the full British Empire and India we might have held off China (and it was a Labour government which gave India independence).

Now we can still hold off most nations but no longer the USA, China and probably not Russia either on our own

Do you ever listen to yourself?
  • Options
    148grss said:

Great result for the Lib Dems but where did the other 20% go?
    Between BXP, Greens and others?
    Just seems like a lot for the small parties
  • Options
    148grss said:

In response to peaceful environmental protests, we go full on police state:

https://twitter.com/alexjarmitage/status/1184086007379103744

I don't personally support these protestors or their aims but they have shown absolutely no violence and being treated this way by the police is just wrong.
This discussion has been closed.