Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After more good polls Warren is getting close to an evens chan

1235»

Comments

• Options
    moonshine said:

moonshine said:

moonshine said:

Just caught up on some more video of the Common's fireworks. I don't mean this in a derogatory or nasty way. But I do wonder about the mental health of some of the Remain backing questioners. Some of them looked close to breaking point.

There appear to be some pretty mentally ragged people in the House and it's showing forth in the quality of the debate. The government giving them a few weeks off was probably a blessing to some of them, not that they'd dare say it out loud.

MPs are in the eye of the cyclone so their mood is the worst of all but similar feelings are clearly permeating out into society to a greater or lesser degree. Next in the storm are mainstream journalists, with their output on mass sinking deeper into the abyss, due to sleep deprivation and being surrounded by vitriol, rather than spending time at home on things that matter.

And then there's everyone else. There are no doubt plenty on here who if they asked themselves honestly, are letting what is at heart just a debate about the UK's governance model and trading arrangements to unnecessarily darken their mood and sour the standard of their relations.

I'm not as old as some but the General Election is likely to be the most bitterly fought in my lifetime. Let's all stay friends at the end of shall we?

I can understand why some think Revoke (or Revoke after a new Referendum) is the easiest way out of the mess but if you stop and think about that for just a moment, you'll see how much worse things would get. Whether Farage's No Deal achieves the end of acrimony must also be quite open to debate, since none of us know for certain what the exit terms would be and hence how badly any losers might suffer.

No, the government's strategy is the right one. Go all out for a new deal that can form the basis of a compromise and move on. The DUP understand this. The government understands this. At least some on the opposition benches do too. And I think somewhere in there you're seeing the same understanding from EU stakeholders. It'll all be over soon. But it might have to get worse before it gets better.

Not a word about the contemptible behaviour of the Prime Minister and an attack on the mental health of Remainers. Contemptible.
    A shame you cannot take my post in the spirit it was intended. Oh well.
    It was a vile spirit.
    I am very sorry you see it that way. It was not. But there's no point trying to convince you otherwise.
    Reread your own post. It was, after a very ugly evening’s politics, a new nadir.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,834
    Wow, reading back over the last 12 hours, everybody needs to seriously calm down.

Politicians, journalists, commenters on blogs and social media. Everyone.

I think a day’s hard work is preferable to another day like yesterday. Back to lurking for me, laters.
  • Options
    New thread
This discussion has been closed.